PDA

View Full Version : Name one Hibs player you think played well today?

CMurdoch
26-10-2019, 05:46 PM
We are so bland at the moment that it isn't easy.

I will go safely with Porteous.
His whole hearted approach is what we need just now.
He really is a mature centre half for his age.
Made fi girders and one of the few guys you are happy to see in the team.

Gmack7
26-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Hiegan and Doidge 👍

CMurdoch
26-10-2019, 05:55 PM
Hiegan and Doidge 👍

?

HibeeHibernian4
26-10-2019, 05:56 PM
Hallberg before he was hooked, Porteous had a pretty good game too.

ancient hibee
26-10-2019, 05:57 PM
Nobody-from Maxwell starting to waste time that took the rhythm out of our game via Porteous trying not to charge in causing him to stand off players to Murray for the second time in a match pulling out of a header leading to a goal.They were all poor.Many of them cannot last 90 minutes.Most knew that the failure to sign a defensive/tackling/leadership figure for midfield would lead to teams being given every opportunity to play through our middle unapposed .This will go on all season unless changes are made.

Brooster
26-10-2019, 05:59 PM

Hallberg? He was brutal.

Blurhibee
26-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Horgan when he came on

Hibs90
26-10-2019, 06:03 PM
I'd say Porteous but even then he made a few mistakes and dodgy passes too.

THESHIP
26-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Scott Allan. The rest were humpty.

calamitus
26-10-2019, 06:06 PM
Horgan - transformed the game in a positive way when he came on and was always looking to move forward when we were defending too deep.

Golden Bear
26-10-2019, 06:06 PM
Porteous, full stop.

oneone73
26-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Porteous and Horgan.

Broken Gnome
26-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Horgan - transformed the game in a positive way when he came on and was always looking to move forward when we were defending too deep.

Even then, he had two easy balls to Naismith and Murray at various times when we were ahead that he made a total @rse of. Took his goal well mind you.

Don't think anyone merited more than a 6, and the majority were plodding mediocre 4/5s. That said, if there's a midfield less designed to hold on to a lead than Allan/Newell/Mallan/Vela/Horgan then... actually, there isn't a midfield.

JXM73
26-10-2019, 06:11 PM
No one, as a club we're ****.. top to bottom it's in the mire

Speedway
26-10-2019, 06:28 PM
Bartley had a good game.

04Sauzee
26-10-2019, 06:30 PM

Was surprised to see Halberg hooked, thought he was on of the only players to have pass marks in the first 45

Nicho87
26-10-2019, 06:43 PM
The boy at half time looked decent

Alfred E Newman
26-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Scott Allan . A quality player being dragged down by the utter dross around him.

wookie70
26-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Hallberg, Porteous and Hanlon all played well imo. Naismith pass marks too. Maxwell never had much to do and didn't look to have a chance with either goal and Horgan did very well when he came on. Save the goal Allan was terrible and should have been hooked at least 10-15 minutes earlier as he was either dead on his feet or completely lost interest. Vela was ok in patches and Newell threw in 3 or 4 good crosses but both were pretty much anonymous over the 90. Mallan tried but is never a deep lying midfielder and Lewis seems to have completely lost his composure under pressure. Flo looked rusty but worked very hard and looked like he had a restraining order which said he wasn't allowed within 30 yards of a fellow Hibs player. For all those poor performances I still think for the middle hour of the game we were by far the better team and created lots of opportunities and enough chances to easily deserve our two goal lead. I actually thought we might go on to score more such was our superiority but the tension in the ground could be felt and the players let themselves down for the first goal then again for Graham's chance and eventually for the equaliser.

I count 7 of 10 league games we have led in this year and only won the very first of those. It is fine margins and at the moment we aren't getting over the line. Even if half of those games had resulted in wins we would be sitting mid table. But ifs and ands don't satisfy fans.

A large number of Hibs fans seemed to make their mind up about Heck last season so he will never win them round and it has got to the same point we were at with Fenlon where a change needs to come just to improve the atmosphere. I'm not convinced the change in management will actually improve us and could just as easily turn out to be a Butcher type appointment. The league is very tight and we are nowhere near being out of the race for a top 6 place or even Europe. A win today would have seen us 8th which would have been the same as when Heck took over a team which in my view were playing even worse than the current lot.

Heck would have no complaints if he was emptied but as I said I'm not sure it would necessarily improve us and will be very costly possibly leading to a few season's of even tighter purse strings. I get that relegation would do the same but we are a long way away from that being a certainty but I get why some who say it shouldn't even be a possibility.

Saint Hibee
26-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Scott Allan . A quality player being dragged down by the utter dross around him.

This.

Real Emerald
26-10-2019, 06:52 PM
I thought Horgan done more in 5 minutes than Newell has ever done. But it was just 5 minutes. Hanlon was ok.

allezsauzee
26-10-2019, 06:56 PM
Porteous gets a free pass because he is young and shows a bit of fight but his performances are often error strewn. Don't think any of the Hibs team played well today. Allan was the correct choice for MOTM but even he didn't play well

J-C
26-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Allan at least tried to play and scored a cracker, Horgan did 30 seconds of good work with his goal and was then *****, Porteous at least worked hard, Stevenson tried his best but with zero help from Newell was always up against it.

J-C
26-10-2019, 07:00 PM

He must be having second thoughts after signing for us.

kaimendhibs
26-10-2019, 07:13 PM
He must be having second thoughts after signing for us.Said this a while back. Surrounded by dross

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk