PDA

View Full Version : Jack ross til the end of the season??

tonyrougier123
26-10-2019, 05:36 PM
I'd be very happy for that to happen,we need a change of direction very soon to boost everyone at the club.

DavidDavidGray
26-10-2019, 05:36 PM
He’s not the answer. Next appointment has to be spot on.

tonyrougier123
26-10-2019, 05:42 PM
He’s not the answer. Next appointment has to be spot on.

No another 3 year deal to whoever it is though.

The rest of this season should be classed as an interview imo.

Not many would sign up to that though,unless its a manager looking to prove a point I.e JR.

Speedway
26-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Why would Ross take it?

He’s minted after his Sunderland pay off.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-10-2019, 05:45 PM
No way...closet jambo

madhatter
Be creative. Stop this “safe” option rubbish. Especially since he failed at his last club.

tonyrougier123
Why would Ross take it?

He’s minted after his Sunderland pay off.

Hopefully looking to prove a point and get his coaching career back on track at a very decent level at us.

You no think it might be a good punt both ways?

Sir David Gray
26-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Why would it just be until the end of the season?

Joe Baker2
I'd be very surprised if Dempster wasn't already in quiet negotiations with Ross and other candidates as part of a succession plan for Heckingbottom. Don't think for a minute that her lack of communication equates to doing nothing in our current demise. She doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve and she's nae daftie. Game of Thrones!

Captain Trips
Anyone but him until end of season

tonyrougier123
26-10-2019, 05:47 PM
Be creative. Stop this “safe” option rubbish. Especially since he failed at his last club.

Hence the til end of season part lad.
Lets us have a deek at what he can offer.

madhatter
26-10-2019, 05:54 PM

The ex-St Mirren manager who failed at Sunderland...don’t see the appeal. He clearly failed to make the step up beyond his place. His recruitment policy was “what are Hibs doing?” so I can’t see how that would work out.

Give a young foreign head coach a try. Especially if we are going to start looking into different markets for players. I’d prefer a manager that needs a translator to do the interviews but we are winning most weeks to a guy that talks a good game.

Do something different for once Hibs.

tonyrougier123
26-10-2019, 06:03 PM
The ex-St Mirren manager who failed at Sunderland...don’t see the appeal. He clearly failed to make the step up beyond his place. His recruitment policy was “what are Hibs doing?” so I can’t see how that would work out.

Give a young foreign head coach a try. Especially if we are going to start looking into different markets for players. I’d prefer a manager that needs a translator to do the interviews but we are winning most weeks to a guy that talks a good game.

Can see your point mads.

I just dont want us to keep getting caught out with these fresh approach 3year deal gaffers.

A short term contract for a guy who probably wont need the money as much as the opportunity to prove his credentials,might be more appealing to keep folk on their toes at this point.

Sir David Gray
26-10-2019, 06:05 PM

Derek McInnes failed at Bristol City.

madhatter
26-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Can see your point mads.

I just dont want us to keep getting caught out with these fresh approach 3year deal gaffers.

A short term contract for a guy who probably wont need the money as much as the opportunity to prove his credentials,might be more appealing to keep folk on their toes at this point.

Why not give a foreign head coach a short 1 year deal and say “if you do well, English Premier League will notice”. As a club, we waste far too much money on British head coaches/managers and regularly fail. We need to change our approach to this problem.

Our recruitment needs to be much much better and the British market is inflated due to the English Premier League. We will always get ripped off and quite often get jokers.

hibeerealist
26-10-2019, 06:09 PM
I'd be very happy for that to happen,we need a change of direction very soon to boost everyone at the club.

Its a no from me.

madhatter
26-10-2019, 06:11 PM

And? I can list you more British managers that have failed at Hibs than you can list. British managers want their own players and regularly recruit trash. Hecky shows that.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2019, 06:11 PM
i'd take diana ******* ross until the end of the season

tonyrougier123
26-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Why not give a foreign head coach a short 1 year deal and say “if you do well, English Premier League will notice”. As a club, we waste far too much money on British head coaches/managers and regularly fail. We need to change our approach to this problem.

Our recruitment needs to be much much better and the British market is inflated due to the English Premier League. We will always get ripped off and quite often get jokers.

Your totally correct,I would even be up for a foreign gaffer coming in til end of season.

Fresh ideas and a new approach at htc.👍👍

therealgavmac
26-10-2019, 06:13 PM
Hopefully looking to prove a point and get his coaching career back on track at a very decent level at us.

I’m sorry, but right now, are we a “very decent level”, or a good prospect for that matter?

Genuine question.

CMurdoch
26-10-2019, 06:15 PM
I'd be very surprised if Dempster wasn't already in quiet negotiations with Ross and other candidates as part of a succession plan for Heckingbottom. Don't think for a minute that her lack of communication equates to doing nothing in our current demise. She doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve and she's nae daftie. Game of Thrones!

Correct, the hole around the Heck will be almost cut and the whole dug beneath him.
The gentle push will be on the way.
He won't see the 2nd round of matches.

Speedway
26-10-2019, 06:21 PM

Not if there’s even a sniff of getting Alex Neil.

thebakerboy
26-10-2019, 06:27 PM

I agree with this , in fact I would hope that the day PH signed up she would have been creating a short list to replace him. I would hope he is away this weekend and would suggest putting S D G And Darren MacGregor in charge until a decision on who to appoint is reached. At least they would put some fire in the teams bellies.

04Sauzee
26-10-2019, 06:32 PM

No thanks

allezsauzee
26-10-2019, 06:35 PM

One reason she might not be doing this is that it would be acknowledging her culpability in this by getting rid of the best manager we've had in recent times and replacing him with Hecky. If he is punted, I'd suggest she should be falling on her sword also.

bingo70
26-10-2019, 06:40 PM
Not if there’s even a sniff of getting Alex Neil.

There’s not, he’s doing well in the Championship down south.

We’ve absolutely no chance of getting him.

Speedway
26-10-2019, 06:43 PM

That’s precisely the sort of ambition I want us to show.

He’s not going to manage in Europe and latter stages of the cup at Deepdale is he?

Since90+2
26-10-2019, 06:44 PM

Exactly. Sheer madness to think he'd even consider it.

Nicho87
26-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Him or Stubbs

Yorkshire HFC
26-10-2019, 06:51 PM
That’s precisely the sort of ambition I want us to show.

He’s not going to manage in Europe and latter stages of the cup at Deepdale is he?

And he’s not going to be paid half as much at Easter Road! These guys don’t take on jobs for the fun of it - top managers get the big bucks.

allezsauzee
26-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Gary Holt would be my preference if we are changing manager.

CLASS OF 72 -73
26-10-2019, 10:07 PM

Agree posters on here jump at anyone with good press coverage:wink: or fail in engerland

BILLYHIBS
26-10-2019, 10:13 PM
No

stoneyburn hibs
26-10-2019, 10:15 PM
I'd rather Ricky Ross until the end of the season.
Don't believe the hype. Fair enough he done well at St mirren and then was given the Sunderland job. That position theatrically should have been the same as trying to manage Celtic into at least 2nd place in the league. No thanks.

The Harp Awakes
26-10-2019, 11:35 PM
Please no. The last thing we need is another inexperienced manager with a past failure. We need somebody experienced with a bit of save to get us out of this mess.

gillythehibby
27-10-2019, 12:05 AM
Hibs too big for him. No thanks.

27-10-2019, 12:21 AM
It’s probably likely that Jack’s not been paid off by Sunderland yet so unlikely he’d be readily available. Just cos someone gets emptied from a senior post in a business doesn’t mean they instantly moved on. Sunderland are probably still paying Jack in the short term hope he gets offered and takes another job. In doing this it would reduce his contracted pay-off.

Unseen work
27-10-2019, 02:18 AM
Iv said it before but I think he is the perfect candidate to take us forward.

Brilliant with Alloa and St Mirren, knows the Scottish game inside out and how big a club we are.

His tenure at Sunderland will go down as a failure but that is a poisoned chalice. Plenty of managers have failed down south and came back up here and been good. Lennon and Mccinnes being two.

duffers
27-10-2019, 07:04 AM
I think part of the problem with Hecky, is that he doesn’t know Scottish football. When was the last time we had a decent manager that hadn’t either played or managed in Scotland? I’d take Ross until the end of the season.

Alfiembra
27-10-2019, 07:19 AM
What about John Doolan he loves the club and has now got the experience to be the number 1

FilipinoHibs
27-10-2019, 07:38 AM

East Mains source saying Stubbs lined up till end of the season. Free trial. If does well gets the job. Popular with large part of the fan base and play attractive football.

MacGruber
27-10-2019, 07:51 AM
East Mains source saying Stubbs lined up till end of the season. Free trial. If does well gets the job. Popular with large part of the fan base and play attractive football.

Would love to see it - but it isn't going to happen. It will always be rumoured though right up until the new man (who won't be Stubbs) gets the gig

Hope we don't go near Ross.

Allant1981
27-10-2019, 08:03 AM

Not going to happen

Sammy7nil
27-10-2019, 08:09 AM
If he is mad enough to take it Gordon Strachan for me.

MacGruber
27-10-2019, 08:10 AM
If he is mad enough to take it Gordon Strachan for me.

Strachan
Gemmill
Stubbs
Robinson
Frank Lampard.......

BegbieHSC
27-10-2019, 09:15 AM
Nope.

100% Strachan for me.

Got the grit and experience that we need to save us from this mess.

He would also command the respect of the players. Hope we’re sounding him out.

hibbyfraelibby
27-10-2019, 09:50 AM

...and is not setting the heather on fire in sheep country now either.

Michael
27-10-2019, 09:55 AM

Sometimes things get stale, but I think we can safely call his time at Aberdeen as very successful.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2019, 10:01 AM

If they win today (admittedly unlikely as they're playing Celtic) then they'll go at least 4th in the table.

In his 6 full seasons so far at Aberdeen they've finished 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th.

Also add in their League Cup win under him and their three other cup final appearances and he's arguably their most successful manager since Sir Alex Ferguson.

Tom Hart RIP
31-10-2019, 01:02 AM
According to Moira Gordon the Scotsman tonight, the rumours ahead of the game were that Jack Ross has already been lined up.

Unseen work
31-10-2019, 01:03 AM
According to Moira Gordon the Scotsman tonight, the rumours ahead of the game were that Jack Ross has already been lined up.

Really hope this is true. Would be a great appointment.

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 01:06 AM

Is that Rons wife :greengrin

gillythehibby
31-10-2019, 01:09 AM
Thank **** supporters don’t get to appoint managers listening to some of the crap on here.

Hibeesmad
31-10-2019, 01:10 AM
I think it will be Jack Ross to come in if Hecky is to leave before another team snaps him up. That’s who my money would be on anyway.

monktonharp
31-10-2019, 01:59 AM
What about John Doolan he loves the club and has now got the experience to be the number 1Doolan for me too. knows how to train and motivate players, has the experience of working with big clubs and loves Hibs. bring him in as caretaker at least to Christmas, if we do nothing up to the January period, we can be in deep she-ite

monktonharp
31-10-2019, 02:12 AM
Please no. The last thing we need is another inexperienced manager with a past failure. We need somebody experienced with a bit of save to get us out of this mess. McLeish was fairly experienced and done well but had money to spend, Williamson was very experienced and was poor. Mowbray....a rookie but good. previous to all that, jocky Scott, Pat S

tanton, Blackley etc Stubbs a rookie and I can go on and on. our present manager is experienced more than most of them. get Doolan and at least he GETS H ibs. he has never been the No one but he would want it, I will say no more

Unseen work
31-10-2019, 02:16 AM
Doolan is a big no for me. Don’t think I heard anyone being overly complimentary or loving him until the cup final DVD came out.

For me assistant managers or whatever you want to call them are that for a reason.

Yes I know he’s at Accrington Stanley right now, but they’re 18th in League 1.

Dashing Bob S
31-10-2019, 03:28 AM
Anybody but PH. Ross has talent but rushed into a big money job at Sunderland and couldn’t deliver. He has something to prove. I think he’ll learn a lesson and come back stronger. As a stop gap working for a contract next season I’d suggest he’s about as good as we can get.

The Jambos don’t like him too - added bonus.

dp00
31-10-2019, 07:13 AM
I’d personally get Stubbs, Taff and Dolan back till end of season with the intention of steadying the ship & just ensuring we aren’t relegated a massive reset and start again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supermcginn
31-10-2019, 07:23 AM

There was a similar story in one paper after the hearts game, its a cert he's the next manager unless someone else gets him first.

marinello59
31-10-2019, 07:25 AM
If Jack Ross is to be our next manager I can’t see him accepting a short term role until he end of the season.

Northernhibee
31-10-2019, 10:13 AM
God no. If a manager who could get a small club out of League One isn't doing well with us, why would we sign a manager who couldn't get a much bigger club out of the same league?

Unseen work
31-10-2019, 10:17 AM
God no. If a manager who could get a small club out of League One isn't doing well with us, why would we sign a manager who couldn't get a much bigger club out of the same league?

Because he knows Scottish football as was very successful with Alloa and St Mirren where he took them from the brink of relegation to promotion.

He will have a point to prove and I see his as a perfect fit for him. Plenty managers have failed down south, returned up here and done brilliantly.

Sunderland are a shambles and will take them a while to get back to where they once were.

Plenty want Stubbs back despite him being unable to get us promoted? Not too different from Ross and Sunderland.

Northernhibee
31-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Because he knows Scottish football as was very successful with Alloa and St Mirren where he took them from the brink of relegation to promotion.

He will have a point to prove and I see his as a perfect fit for him. Plenty managers have failed down south, returned up here and done brilliantly.

Terry Butcher was very successful with ICT and got them promoted and knows Scottish football. Anyone have his number?

Eyrie
31-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Terry Butcher was very successful with ICT and got them promoted and knows Scottish football. Anyone have his number?

Cabbage-Patch
31-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Martin O'Neil caretaker until the end of the season

hughio
31-10-2019, 12:02 PM

Sunderland are a shambles and will take them a while to get back to where they once were.

Plenty want Stubbs back despite him being unable to get us promoted? Not too different from Ross and Sunderland.

I agree with the Unseen Work dept.
A shrewd analysis.JR Was great at Alloa and St Mirren and only failed to get promotion by a small margin at Sunderland.

It would be a good fit for both parties IMO.

On Monday.

Unseen work
01-11-2019, 01:59 AM
His Sunderland record btw

75 games played
38 wins
27 draws
10 defeats

50% win ratio

It’s hardly as terrible as some make out.

tonyrougier123
01-11-2019, 02:15 AM

75 games played
38 wins
27 draws
10 defeats

50% win ratio

That's pretty decent tbh.

bingo70
01-11-2019, 02:18 AM
That's pretty decent tbh.

Think I’ll wait and see if he gets the hearts job before deciding if I want to put a positive spin on that record or not.

tonyrougier123
01-11-2019, 02:20 AM
Think I’ll wait and see if he gets the hearts job before deciding if I want to put a positive spin on that record or not.

I think he's a nap to go there bingo.
And do well mate.just a hunch about him that he will be a very good coach.

Since452
01-11-2019, 06:24 AM

75 games played
38 wins
27 draws
10 defeats

50% win ratio

With a budget dwarfing his opponents. Did he not lose his last game 4-0 to Lincoln?

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2019, 07:00 AM

:hilarious

That’s the way it works.

500miles
01-11-2019, 08:00 AM
Feels like Jackie Macnamara Jr. Jr.

FilipinoHibs
01-11-2019, 08:07 AM
With a budget dwarfing his opponents. Did he not lose his last game 4-0 to Lincoln?

He split the fan base at Sunderland. It would be like us unable to get out if the third tier of Scottish football

Unseen work
01-11-2019, 11:03 AM

I’m not convinced the budget is as high as many seem to think with Sunderland, for a while they were in a really bad way.

Lost 2-0 to Lincoln before he was sacked.

Smartie
01-11-2019, 11:11 AM
I’m not convinced the budget is as high as many seem to think with Sunderland, for a while they were in a really bad way.

Lost 2-0 to Lincoln before he was sacked.

Their problems echoed ours in so many ways. Too many draws against teams with much smaller budgets, tentative football that failed to break teams down and get enough wins (in fairness they didn't lose many).

tonyrougier123
05-11-2019, 04:59 AM
I still think this is a great idea.
Jambos going for experience so possibly wont be after him.
Win win we look at him he looks at us.
No more three year deal mistakes and build a team.

Yorkshire HFC
05-11-2019, 05:19 AM

It's a bit of an insult and doesn't show any faith in him - why would he take it?

tonyrougier123
05-11-2019, 10:53 PM
It's a bit of an insult and doesn't show any faith in him - why would he take it?
I don't think getting the opportunity to manage hibs is an insult.
Good level decent challenge.Why not til end of the season ?

Sammy7nil
05-11-2019, 10:58 PM
I don't think getting the opportunity to manage hibs is an insult.
Good level decent challenge.Why not til end of the season ?

Because he is likely to get a similar offer with a three contract if he waits until January

tonyrougier123
05-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Because he is likely to get a similar offer with a three contract if he waits until January
I canny see many teams the level of hibs trying for him tbh.Short term deal.No more three year mistakes.Lets see what happens.I think he would relish that challenge fresh out of Sunderland gig.

Sammy7nil
05-11-2019, 11:13 PM
I canny see many teams the level of hibs trying for him tbh.Short term deal.No more three year mistakes.Lets see what happens.I think he would relish that challenge fresh out of Sunderland gig.

0% chance he takes a six month job .

wookie70
05-11-2019, 11:17 PM

Would you have hired Heck last year. Came in halfway through the season. Got us into the top 6 from 8th and introduced a couple of good players.

Michael
05-11-2019, 11:21 PM
Would you have hired Heck last year. Came in halfway through the season. Got us into the top 6 from 8th and introduced a couple of good players.

What players did he introduce? He arrived after January.

05-11-2019, 11:30 PM
What players did he introduce? He arrived after January.

Spector.

tonyrougier123
05-11-2019, 11:37 PM
No,i quite liked appleton at the time tbh or chris coleman.
Omeonga and tynie only positives for me.
Why?
Not that he signed Omeonga

tonyrougier123
05-11-2019, 11:42 PM
0% chance he takes a six month job .

U might be right sammy.Just a thought though.

hibee-boys
06-11-2019, 01:01 PM
Jack, we'd like to offer you the hibs manager position. But....only for a few months, just in case you're rubbish. That okay?lol