PDA

View Full Version : What will it actually take for Dempster to sack Heckingbottom?

Diclonius
26-10-2019, 04:23 PM
The only circumstance in which I can see her taking action is if we become stranded at the bottom and that's deeply worrying.

Hibbyradge
26-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Lots of threads asking "What will it actually take for Dempster to sack Heckingbottom?" :dunno:

😁

Hakim Sar
26-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Only if our community and commercial partners do not wish to be associated with a championship club.

It's the only thing that talks with our board.

Gerard
26-10-2019, 04:33 PM
When Hibs are not in the LC AND SC.When the club is facing the danger of relegation. PH and his assistant will probably then step down. By that time all the club will be thinking about is not being relegated. There is time for the club to act and bring in a new HC and assistant.

CloudSquall
26-10-2019, 04:37 PM
Relegation, I don't think she is accepting that the club got this one wrong and she's willing to take the risk to see it turn around.

silverhibee
26-10-2019, 04:40 PM
The only circumstance in which I can see her taking action is if we become stranded at the bottom and that's deeply worrying.

Hecky to smash the photo of Lennon on her desk to pieces.

silverhibee
26-10-2019, 04:41 PM
And then he burns it for good measure.

Hermit Crab
26-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Maybe when we're visiting utter **** holes like Alloa and Arbroath in the Championship in the piss rain in December 2020 she might have a brain fart moment.

The Captain....
26-10-2019, 04:45 PM
I think that might be it now..its not going to turn around and the pressure will build to act. He'll surely be gone by midweek.

If not it's an absolute dereliction of duty..he should have been gone weeks ago and only weak decision making see him still in his position atm.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

sean04
26-10-2019, 04:47 PM
Is Mathie not in charge of the sackings and hiring now?

Yorkshire HFC
26-10-2019, 04:50 PM

Do you think she knows anyone who would come to Hibs that would do any better?

Wilson
26-10-2019, 04:52 PM

She should. That's the business she's in

PompeyHibs
26-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Best we can hope for is a fight with Kamberi on Monday at East Mains followed by calling Leeann a few names on Tuesday morning should be enough to get him punted.
Failing that we might need to endure another dismal display v Livi and a 6 goal humping from Celtic next Sat before she grows a pair and sacks him.

Barman Stanton
26-10-2019, 04:56 PM

She has Stubbs number.

Jim44
Heckingbottom’s jacket is on the floor below the shoogly peg and LD’s jacket has taken ownership of the shoogly peg.

Bostonhibby
I reckon he'd be hung draw and quartered instantly if he declared that he wasn't interested in any more infrastructure, training pitches, positive balance sheets, and even more assorted non playing recruitment.

If that doesn't do it he could just say he's not ponying up.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hibees1973
26-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Is Mathie not in charge of the sackings and hiring now?

Aye, the clown who recruited all these players with no backbone. I posted yesterday that no one should have had their contract extended or promoted until we showed signs of getting out of this mess.

Rewarded for failure.

FFS

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2019, 05:06 PM
I think that might be it now..its not going to turn around and the pressure will build to act. He'll surely be gone by midweek.

If not it's an absolute dereliction of duty..he should have been gone weeks ago and only weak decision making see him still in his position atm.

I don't think they will sack him this week, sadly. Tough times.

Onion
26-10-2019, 05:08 PM
A pair of balls

Halmyre Hibee
26-10-2019, 05:11 PM
I think brexit may happen first.

Are we the fans the only people who can see that we will be relegated if something is not done now.

Get rid off him now we are running out of time even at this stage of the season.

Hibernia&Alba
A pair of balls

She might struggle there.

emerald green
Heckyout trending on social media.

Heisenberg
26-10-2019, 05:19 PM
I heard the “he’s got till Christmas” line today. Surely ****ing not. They can’t miss the rage from the stands and the team performance after going 2-0 up? We have no bottle, fight or character. Heckingbottom built this and he should lose his job as a result.

Hermit Crab
26-10-2019, 05:23 PM
I heard the “he’s got till Christmas” line today. Surely ****ing not. They can’t miss the rage from the stands and the team performance after going 2-0 up? We have no bottle, fight or character. Heckingbottom built this and he should lose his job as a result.

Aye, from anyone remotely credible that works for the club or just terrace talk??

Heisenberg
26-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Aye, from anyone remotely credible that works for the club or just terrace talk??

Someone that works at the club but wouldn’t really expect them to know anything.

I don’t really believe it myself. Why blindly back a manager until a set deadline when we aren’t winning games? Makes no sense to me so I can’t see it being true.

we are hibs
26-10-2019, 05:37 PM
The fianances to take a hit due to fans turning their back on this inept manager and his rudderless team.

Speedway
26-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Remove the money to remove the manager.

Yorkshire HFC
26-10-2019, 06:32 PM

Well maybe the reason she hasn’t done anything is because she doesn’t have anyone on call to step in.

Joe6-2
26-10-2019, 06:55 PM
Relegation, I don't think she is accepting that the club got this one wrong and she's willing to take the risk to see it turn around.

She will have a long bloody time to wait

MacGruber
27-10-2019, 06:40 AM
I think they were hoping for a turnaround and were giving him the home match v County after the run of away games. I think he had to beat County, a draw wasn't going to be good enough. I think it is now done and decided. The process of looking for the new man will have started last night. Just about the timing of the announcement now - probably getting ducks in a row with discussions with Heck to manage the departure and organising the interim requirements. I expect an announcement later this evening or Monday...... surely.

Steve20
27-10-2019, 06:46 AM
Well maybe the reason she hasn’t done anything is because she doesn’t have anyone on call to step in.

Then she really needs to leave as well. If she hasn’t already been looking for a manager to replace him, then she’s not going her job very well.

And if she has been looking, she will already have found better options. It would be difficult to find a worse manager. Apart from Terry Butcher.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 06:48 AM
I can’t believe she hasn’t acted yet. She’s being completely negligent and every bit as much to blame for what is happening at the moment.

Absolute shambles, top to bottom.

makaveli1875
27-10-2019, 06:54 AM
I think they were hoping for a turnaround and were giving him the home match v County after the run of away games. I think he had to beat County, a draw wasn't going to be good enough. I think it is now done and decided. The process of looking for the new man will have started last night. Just about the timing of the announcement now - probably getting ducks in a row with discussions with Heck to manage the departure and organising the interim requirements. I expect an announcement later this evening or Monday...... surely.

No chance. He will be in the dugout at hampden

hibsbollah
27-10-2019, 06:56 AM

I said that after the derby. I was convinced that was the final nail in the coffin. But no, on he staggers like the zombie you just can't kill off at the end of Shaun of the Dead.

JXM73
27-10-2019, 07:22 AM
Maybe Rons waiting on brexit so he'll get more pounds to the dollar, otherwise we'll be skint paying off the remainder of hecks contract...

The Captain....
27-10-2019, 07:42 AM
I wonder if the Board are hoping it will get to a point (toxic enough) where he will resign rather than being sacked to save a few bob.if so it cant be far off now.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2019, 07:47 AM
I wonder if the Board are hoping it will get to a point (toxic enough) where he will resign rather than being sacked to save a few bob.if so it cant be far off now.

I can't think of any football related reason why he would resign.

The only reason he would resign would be something in his personal life.

27-10-2019, 07:51 AM
I said that after the derby. I was convinced that was the final nail in the coffin. But no, on he staggers like the zombie you just can't kill off at the end of Shaun of the Dead.

I am unable to attend every game. I did attend the first competitive match at Stirling on 13th of July and was appalled at what I witnessed (along with many others). I have attended a number of games at ER since then and there has been no discernible improvement in the team’s performance. That is three and a half months! How much longer are the fans supposed to put up with this crap before the board take action?

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 07:58 AM
I am unable to attend every game. I did attend the first competitive match at Stirling on 13th of July and was appalled at what I witnessed (along with many others). I have attended a number of games at ER since then and there has been no discernible improvement in the team’s performance. That is three and a half months! How much longer are the fans supposed to put up with this crap before the board take action?

Stirling was a sign of things to come. In fact the friendlies leading up to Stirling were a sign of things to come. We were told they didn’t matter though. Then the league cup performances didn’t matter.

There was never going to be a a magic switch that could be flicked when the ‘real’ stuff started.

It’s all been so bloody obvious how it was going to unfold.

1875M
27-10-2019, 08:10 AM
Stirling was a sign of things to come. In fact the friendlies leading up to Stirling were a sign of things to come. We were told they didn’t matter though. Then the league cup performances didn’t matter.

There was never going to be a a magic switch that could be flicked when the ‘real’ stuff started.

It’s all been so bloody obvious how it was going to unfold.

So true mate but yet we were told by loads on here that ‘when the real games start’, we’ll be fine. Well Unfortunately, the real games have started and we’ve won 1 game in 10 with a -10 goal difference. The signs were there that this would happen.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2019, 08:13 AM

I was at the Stirling Albion game too and the warning signs were there that day. They are now currently bottom of League Two with just one league win all season.

Many people understandably gave the team the benefit of the doubt given it was our first competitive game of the season but that was a sign of things to come.

Onion
27-10-2019, 08:19 AM

:agree: There are two problems here.

1. The Hibs Board made an hash of the sacking of Neil Lennon - start to finish - so they will be highly reluctant to sack another manager within such a short space of time. They'd rightly be accused of incompetence. They will want Heckingbottom's position to be utterly untenable before acting. Relegation might just be enough.

2. Heckingbottom is in no position to walk away. If he cannot do a half-decent job at Hibs with the resources we have in a crap league then he's no chance of getting another decent job in England or anywhere else for that matter. If he walked away, he'd lose a lot of severance money and would have to find a new career.

Both are just sitting with their ***** in the wind, praying for a miracle. When this is all over, both will be badly damaged.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 08:20 AM
I was at the Stirling Albion game too and the warning signs were there that day. They are now currently bottom of League Two with just one league win all season.

Many people understandably gave the team the benefit of the doubt given it was our first competitive game of the season but that was a sign of things to come.

You know what, we packed the away end that day and there was a genuine feeling of optimism about things.

Then the game started...

greenlex
27-10-2019, 08:23 AM
Another poor result on wed and a Hampden humping should clinch it.
having said that he will have targets which will be being met or still currently achievable so we might be in it for a bit yet.

Leith's finest
27-10-2019, 08:23 AM
L.D., don't know if you read this forum or not, if you do reas this quote " I won't be back at E.R. untill the present manager is gone, I won't be buying a season ticket next year unless present manager is gone" I have got a ticket for the semi final I'm dreading going now,

Eyrie
27-10-2019, 08:25 AM
The process of identifying Heckingbottom's successor should have started as soon as he was appointed.

A well run club should always do this, as it means that potential candidates can be studied over a longer period of time and a shortlist can be complied immediately one is required. At some point every manager will move on, either because they are doing well enough that they get a better offer elsewhere, or because they are doing so badly that they need replaced.

Is It On....
27-10-2019, 08:26 AM
Aye, the clown who recruited all these players with no backbone. I posted yesterday that no one should have had their contract extended or promoted until we showed signs of getting out of this mess.

Rewarded for failure.

FFS

We can't know what the players are like until we get a manager that plays a system to maximise their strengths and that means playing them in their best positions. Scott Allan wide right anyone?

hibbyfraelibby
27-10-2019, 08:44 AM
I rather suspect that our next manager is already selected, on a retainer and working with others on squad additions ahead of the window opening. Nothing to back that up just a feeling in my waters.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2019, 08:47 AM

1. The Hibs Board made an hash of the sacking of Neil Lennon - start to finish - so they will be highly reluctant to sack another manager within such a short space of time. They'd rightly be accused of incompetence. They will want Heckingbottom's position to be utterly untenable before acting. Relegation might just be enough.

2. Heckingbottom is in no position to walk away. If he cannot do a half-decent job at Hibs with the resources we have in a crap league then he's no chance of getting another decent job in England or anywhere else for that matter. If he walked away, he'd lose a lot of severance money and would have to find a new career.

Both are just sitting with their ***** in the wind, praying for a miracle. When this is all over, both will be badly damaged.

His position's been "utterly untenable" for weeks now.

ian cruise
27-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Probably legal to sign off that any sacking doesn't leave ourselves in a position where he could claim he's been unfairly treated and a person in place to take the next few games as well as the process of a long term replacement underway, otherwise we'd then be questioning the board for not having a post Heckingbottom plan and for costing us even more money. I suspect the above has been getting worked in n for at least three weeks and that's the only reason he's not away. No "vote of confidence" statements as the board don't actually have confidence in him.

makaveli1875
27-10-2019, 09:18 AM
I rather suspect that our next manager is already selected, on a retainer and working with others on squad additions ahead of the window opening. Nothing to back that up just a feeling in my waters.

Theres not a chance of that , in the real world the hibs board are all kneeling around a sandpit with their heads submerged telling themselves that Hecky will come good eventually

HFC 0-7
27-10-2019, 09:25 AM
Just read this one from our manager! Thinks the poor uptake in tickets for the semi is because the novelty of Hampden has worn off.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-heckingbottom-fears-hibs-hampden-20715993

Crab apple
27-10-2019, 12:42 PM
I don’t expect anything to happen until Xmas and the longer this goes on the more questions need to be asked about LD. She appointed him and she should recognise this was a mistake by getting rid now.

erin go bragh
27-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Remove the money to remove the manager.

Money has already been paid for the season . The board were quick enough to sack Sauzee ( who still had the majority of fans on his side )
How they cannot see how his time is up ,is totally baffling.

Dmas
27-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Theres not a chance of that , in the real world the hibs board are all kneeling around a sandpit with their heads submerged telling themselves that Hecky will come good eventually

He’s getting the season IMO I think Ron has his sights set on the behind the scenes aspect of the club whilst he gets to grips with things, LD I fully expect to leave in the summer no inside info just a feeling so she won’t be pulling the trigger. I think next season we will start to see what Ron has in store team wise here’s hoping we’re still in the top league by that stage.

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 02:26 PM

Money or not he’s going to have to find that career regardless.

Musselbound
27-10-2019, 02:48 PM

Can't see us sacking the manager a week before a cup semi final. Lose that (heavily) and his time might be up.

Musselbound
27-10-2019, 02:50 PM
Money has already been paid for the season . The board were quick enough to sack Sauzee ( who still had the majority of fans on his side )
How they cannot see how his time is up ,is totally baffling.

I seem to remember Sauzee having a record similar to Heckingbottom - too many draws cost him. Anyone know what his management record was?

madhatter
27-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Is he not gone yet? Can see Wednesday being a very low attendance by recent standards...

Oh well, we’ve got big plans and new paint work at ER and HTC. We’re barely a football club now. Sporting Director...Hibs Tennis Club incoming.

Such a mess.

Lunatic
27-10-2019, 02:56 PM

They CANNOT possibly have waited until now to start looking for a replacement. If the powers that be have not sounded out possible replacements, put out the feelers to see who’s interested and drawn up a list of possible candidates, then they are grossly incompetent and guilty of a massive dereliction of duty..

basehibby
27-10-2019, 02:57 PM
No shortage of hysterical gibberish on this thread. Like the board will wait until we're relegated before they change the manager - WTF?!?

In my opinion Heckingbottom has already reached the point of no return and will get his jotters presently. He earned himself a bit of breathing space with the three previous draws (decent results no matter what pish has been slavered on the subject) but it was imperative that three points were delivered at Home to Ross County. They were not and that is one failure too many in my opinion.

Expect an announcement in the morning.

Fuzzywuzzy
27-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Saying he won't throw in the towel in the een. Translates to you'll need to sack as I ain't giving up that payday

we are hibs
27-10-2019, 02:59 PM
No shortage of hysterical gibberish on this thread. Like the board will wait until we're relegated before they change the manager - WTF?!?

In my opinion Heckingbottom has already reached the point of no return and will get his jotters presently. He earned himself a bit of breathing space with the three previous draws (decent results no matter what pish has been slavered on the subject) but it was imperative that three points were delivered at Home to Ross County. They were not and that is one failure too many in my opinion.

Drawing away to hamilton is in no way a "decent result".

Cataplana
27-10-2019, 03:00 PM

In which case, why did she appoint him in the first place?

madhatter
27-10-2019, 03:08 PM

We’re in a relegation battle now...our squad is garbage. All his signings look mediocre at best and we have no bite. Draper looked a much better player than Vela, shows how bad we are. We’re about a 1/3 of the way through the season and we’re struggling against promoted sides and bottom six sides. Teams can be relegated before the final event, we’re currently in relegation battle as things look so bad. Things being this bad and fans booing doesn’t normally mean things will turn without change.

I hope, but doubt, they’ll announce action tomorrow as this week is largely a free swing at things. They’ve already delayed it far too long, essentially just watching us fall down the table. Ross County was no more significant to the games before. We’ve been rotten all season. His 3 year signings are shocking. They’ve backed the wrong man and have been hoping it would turn.

hibee-boys
27-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Pretty sure I read on here that he'd be due 3 months wages in the event of being sacked, it can't be down to financial reasons, that's a drop in the ocean when looking at the financial impact of being relegated or reduction of season ticket holders/walk ups. On that basis I can only assume that either they're delaying his sacking whilst they consider replacements or Leanne is worried his sacking will reflect badly on her and is hoping for a minor miracle.....i'm guessing the latter!

Peanut Shaz
27-10-2019, 03:10 PM
He really can't get until Christmas. With these fixtures in December we could in even more trouble than we are already. He has to go sooner rather than later.
DECEMBER 2019
Ross County v Hibernian FC
Ross County (A)
Wed, 4th Dec 19:45
SPFL Premership
Hibernian FC v Aberdeen
Aberdeen (H)
Sat, 7th Dec 15:00
SPFL Premership
Celtiv V Hibernian FC
Celtic (A)
Sun, 15th Dec 15:00
SPFL Premership
Hibernian FC v Rangers
Rangers (H)
Fri, 20th Dec 19:45
SPFL Premership
Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian FC
Heart of Midlothian (A)
Thu, 26th Dec 12:30
SPFL Premership
Livingston v Hibernian FC
Livingston (A)
Sun, 29th Dec 15:00
SPFL Premership

HFC 0-7
27-10-2019, 03:15 PM

Bit of pish being slavered to include the draw to Hamilton as a decent result!

basehibby
27-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Drawing away to hamilton is in no way a "decent result".

I'd actually meant the previous three before that - KO=ing Killie from the cup, drawing at home to Celtic and away at Aberdeen - ALL actually good results in the context of pretty much any season in the club's history - which go a long way towards explaining why Heckingbottom is still here.

And as it goes, in isolation, drawing away to any team in the league including Hamilton DOES actually constitute a decent result. It's only when you put it in the context of zero wins in 8 that it actually becomes poor.

Failing to put away Ross County at ER? That IS a poor result. Zero wins in 9 games? That is an utterly abject run - which will in my own hope and expectation lead to Leanne doing the decent thing and pulling the trigger to bring to an end PH's tenure as manager of Hibs.

basehibby
27-10-2019, 04:30 PM
Bit of pish being slavered to include the draw to Hamilton as a decent result!

See my reply above - zero pish slavered.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2019, 04:42 PM

Christ i thought secondbottom was a slaver.

basehibby
27-10-2019, 05:28 PM
Christ i thought secondbottom was a slaver.

So smartarse - which result would you have sacked him after?

Progressing away to Killie in the Cup?
Drawing at Home to the reigning champs?
Drawing away at Aberdeen?
Even after drawing away to Hamilton would have been a bit harsh.

I'm saying that he should be sacked now after failing to beat Ross County at ER - and that I think the board will act - which part of that are you taking issue with?

madhatter
27-10-2019, 05:48 PM

I'm saying that he should be sacked now after failing to beat Ross County at ER - and that I think the board will act - which part of that are you taking issue with?

Hearts game or the St Johnstone. Main warning was Rangers game. Initial warnings were cup games against lesser opposition. He’s held on for far too long. He had a poor end to last season as well. So in effect this run has been horrific. Many better Hibs managers have been sacked for less. Fenlon was sacked for much less and he wasn’t great at Hibs either.

Harsh? Don’t get that when he’s going to get paid off and likely with a sizeable amount. If he isn’t doing his job, which in football is getting results, then he should go. Hamilton away should be easy for us. Our club size and spending power is on another level to theirs.

We need to stop accepting mediocrity at the club. No point getting ties with “big European clubs” when we accept poor coaches and let them recruit poor players. I can already tell 3-4 of his signings will be leaving in the relatively near future.

basehibby
27-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Hearts game or the St Johnstone. Main warning was Rangers game. Initial warnings were cup games against lesser opposition. He’s held on for far too long. He had a poor end to last season as well. So in effect this run has been horrific. Many better Hibs managers have been sacked for less. Fenlon was sacked for much less and he wasn’t great at Hibs either.

Harsh? Don’t get that when he’s going to get paid off and likely with a sizeable amount. If he isn’t doing his job, which in football is getting results, then he should go. Hamilton away should be easy for us. Our club size and spending power is on another level to theirs.

We need to stop accepting mediocrity at the club. No point getting ties with “big European clubs” when we accept poor coaches and let them recruit poor players. I can already tell 3-4 of his signings will be leaving in the relatively near future.

FWIW I agree with you - if it was down to me I'd have sacked him after the derby loss - or even after the embarassment at the hunnery. But it was apparent that the board were going to give their appointment a bit more time and, yes - it would have been harsh to give him his jotters on the back of any of the results I quoted above.

Fife-Hibee
27-10-2019, 06:03 PM
He'll have to display some symptoms of elevated testosterone before Dempster feels the need to sack him.

marinello59
27-10-2019, 06:09 PM
He'll have to display some symptoms of elevated testosterone before Dempster feels the need to sack him.

What on earth do you mean by that? :confused:

emerald green
27-10-2019, 06:34 PM

Pedant alert, sorry! Pat Fenlon wasn't sacked. He resigned.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2019, 06:42 PM

You are right, ive been out all afternoon on the pish and read what you originally said completely wrong.

Its me who's the slaver.:offski::doh:

madhatter
27-10-2019, 06:44 PM

You are right. Would’ve been sacked though, it was coming.

emerald green
27-10-2019, 06:46 PM
You are right. Would’ve been sacked though, it was coming.

Yes, probably.

Vault Boy
27-10-2019, 07:08 PM

What does that mean?

hibeerealist
27-10-2019, 07:15 PM
He’s getting the season IMO I think Ron has his sights set on the behind the scenes aspect of the club whilst he gets to grips with things, LD I fully expect to leave in the summer no inside info just a feeling so she won’t be pulling the trigger. I think next season we will start to see what Ron has in store team wise here’s hoping we’re still in the top league by that stage.

Jesus, I am praying you are at the wind up or just a slaver.........a whole season we are doomed.

hibeerealist
27-10-2019, 07:32 PM

Simples, Ibrox and if you want a second then the capitulation derby. No need to look for any more the guy is killing our club.

G B Young
27-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Another draw or defeat on Wednesday followed by a doing on Saturday would, I think, be enough to bring things to an end. If we manage to scrape a win over Livi though then he might yet survive even if we get hammered in the semi (which is surely very much on the cards).

madhatter
27-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Another draw or defeat on Wednesday followed by a doing on Saturday would, I think, be enough to bring things to an end. If we manage to scrape a win over Livi though then he might yet survive even if we get hammered in the semi (which is surely very much on the cards).

That’s the problem though, we essentially have a manager lurching from game to game in the hope we might win one. Hibs can keep talking about ambitious plans all they want, while we have this sort of “let’s hope he wins the next one” mindset we’re at best a bottom six club, championship club next.

I’ve watched the highlights again, we drop so deep, we play essentially a back 9 and we have zero press. We clearly have players that don’t feel they can win their 1 on 1s. This is clearly a deep rooted problem that Heckingbottom is responsible for. I noticed while at the match but it’s even worse when you look at the highlights. The camera angle for the cross when Horgan and Naismith just stand and admire. Even when Murray messed up, where was the team to block shots? Hugging the goalkeeper.

How defensive we went honestly looks like a man trying to cling on to the job, get a result to keep his job. 541 (really a back 9) against Ross County at home.

We cannot keep hoping something will change. Tbh I think he was finished after the Scott Allan sub and the eventual collapse against St Johnstone.

Hibeesmad
27-10-2019, 08:20 PM
If we don’t win either of our next two games then it’s the end of the road I think

madhatter
27-10-2019, 08:23 PM
If we don’t win either of our next two games then it’s the end of the road I think

Or the next two after those...or the two after those. It’s always about the next two. By the time the next two is finished, we’ll be relegation favourites and bottom of the league.

Hibeesmad
27-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Or the next two after those...or the two after those. It’s always about the next two. By the time the next two is finished, we’ll be relegation favourites and bottom of the league.

I see where your coming from, I think the board will give him the semi final.

bingo70
27-10-2019, 08:30 PM
I see where your coming from, I think the board will give him the semi final.

If we win the semi final will he then be given the final no matter what?

We’ll win a game soon, hopefully Wednesday but my worry is how long that then gives him again?!

We will stop this no winning run at some point but that can’t be the limit if the clubs ambition.

Not a chance he’s turning this around, I’ve no idea why we’re prolonging this but it’s worrying me.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2019, 08:33 PM

We’ll win a game soon, hopefully Wednesday but my worry is how long that then gives him again?!

We will stop this no winning run at some point but that can’t be the limit if the clubs ambition.

Not a chance he’s turning this around, I’ve no idea why we’re prolonging this but it’s worrying me.

Re the bit in bold, I don't think we'll need to worry about that.

Hibeesmad
27-10-2019, 08:34 PM

The fact that he hasn’t already been sacked probably suggests that if we were to win next Saturday, he probably will be in charge of the final.

madhatter
27-10-2019, 08:36 PM
The fact that he hasn’t already been sacked probably suggests that if we were to win next Saturday, he probably will be in charge of the final.

What if we lose on Wednesday but win against Celtic? Club give him final as we get relegated? I see your logic but it worries me.

Hibeesmad
27-10-2019, 08:41 PM
What if we lose on Wednesday but win against Celtic? Club give him final as we get relegated? I see your logic but it worries me.

5 games between the semi final and final, if we were to not win on Wednesday, somehow magically beat Celtic, then follow up with another winless game against St Johnstone away then I would most certainly be wanting him gone, just afraid that the board would bottle it and feel like they would owe him the opportunity to win us a cup if we reached the final.

International break also follows the St Johnstone game which would give the board two weeks to bring in a replacement. No wins from our next two games and I hope he’s gone by the time we get home from Glasgow.

Squirrel 1875
27-10-2019, 09:39 PM
Sadly, it sounds like he’s going no where.

HendoDelivered
27-10-2019, 11:30 PM
I haven’t been to a game so far this season and I won’t be until that imposter is gone and things improve on the pitch. How have we downgraded from players like McGinn, McGeouch & Fyvie to wage thieves like Newell, Vela, Middleton etc? Embarrassing.

Glad George Craig is jacking it as well, Leeann should consider doing the same. Too stubborn to admit her mistake and giving PH all the time in the world in hope he turns it around so her reputation isn’t tarnished further after the Lennon fiasco.

What exactly is Mathie’s new role? What even is a Sporting Director? Is it a fancy name for DoF?

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 06:06 AM

That's where I am. Should be announcement this morning and either new guy in now or caretaker situation for a week.

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 06:11 AM

We honestly can't be deciding his future on a game by game basis. Needs to happen now.

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2019, 06:19 AM
We honestly can't be deciding his future on a game by game basis. Needs to happen now.

:agree: His time has gone a long time ago, it makes no real difference if he wins wednesday or even Saturday, he's toxic and has to leave now.

flash
28-10-2019, 06:45 AM
I reckon it's either today or not anytime soon. Praying for the first option.

Coco Bryce
28-10-2019, 06:53 AM
If that clown is not relieved of his duties today. He's here for the long term.

And if our board refuse to listen to our concerns from the stands then we have no choice but to hit them in the pocket.

Eyrie
28-10-2019, 09:14 AM
If that clown is not relieved of his duties today. He's here for the long term.

And if our board refuse to listen to our concerns from the stands then we have no choice but to hit them in the pocket.

I'm not that pessimistic about him surviving today.

I'd happily see him gone this morning but think the board may be of the view that is too disruptive with a game on Wednesday and another on Saturday. More likely to be this time next week.

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 09:18 AM

I'd happily see him gone this morning but think the board may be of the view that is too disruptive with a game on Wednesday and another on Saturday. More likely to be this time next week.

More disruptive to keep him IMO. There is a load lifted from the club if he goes and Murray and May do the next two games. I would prefer that at this moment to be honest.

B.H.F.C
28-10-2019, 10:45 AM

Agree. I think by this time next week we’ll be looking for a new manager, unless we somehow manage to win at Hampden.

He was never going to get the bullet this week IMO.

The 90+2
28-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Agree. I think by this time next week we’ll be looking for a new manager, unless we somehow manage to win at Hampden.

He was never going to get the bullet this week IMO.

To be fair to Heckingbottom it takes bravery to take this side to Hampden next week against Celtic the way they are playing. A complete humiliation won’t help him when trying to get another job somewhere else. He will know next week will be the end of him and he doesn’t seem the type to be holding on for the money.

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 10:53 AM
To be fair to Heckingbottom it takes bravery to take this side to Hampden next week against Celtic the way they are playing. A complete humiliation won’t help him when trying to get another job somewhere else. He will know next week will be the end of him and he doesn’t seem the type to be holding on for the money.

I think he will be holding on for the money - and that’s not a criticism. We’re talking 10s if not £100k + of money before he becomes unemployed and probably not a massively attractive manager. He’d be mental to walk with nothing from a personal point of view.

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 11:00 AM
I think he will be holding on for the money - and that’s not a criticism. We’re talking 10s if not £100k + of money before he becomes unemployed and probably not a massively attractive manager. He’d be mental to walk with nothing from a personal point of view.

The terms of termination would surely have been agreed when he signed the contract so don't see why any negotiation should take place.

The 90+2
28-10-2019, 11:01 AM

His reputation is going to be in complete tatters if we get horses next week and don’t win on Weds where there’s a really chance of going bottom of the table. I get what you are saying though.

matty_f
28-10-2019, 11:19 AM

I'm not convinced it'll be the chasing that everyone expects.

We've had 2 games where we've been comprehensively outplayed - Rangers and Motherwell.

Against Celtic we were always in the game, and in all the games since then we've been at least as good as the opposition.

The results have been bad, and the manner in which we've given up leads has been brutal, but looking at it objectively, we haven't looked like taking a hiding for weeks.

we are hibs
28-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Hes clinging on and wont resign because what job and at what level will he be able to manage at after failing at leeds then hibs? Not just failing hes bordered onn being a disaster for both. No one will touch him with a barge poll and he knows it imo.

bingo70
28-10-2019, 11:23 AM

We've had 2 games where we've been comprehensively outplayed - Rangers and Motherwell.

Against Celtic we were always in the game, and in all the games since then we've been at least as good as the opposition.

The results have been bad, and the manner in which we've given up leads has been brutal, but looking at it objectively, we haven't looked like taking a hiding for weeks.

Think you’ve discussed it in your podcast before but going to Glasgow previously he’s sounded quite negative before a ball was even kicked. Think it was when he was talking about the players not being overawed going to a big stadium like Ibrox.

If we go into this game with a negative attitude I think we could be on bother, at home there’s always going to be a bit more of an attacking mentality and a desire to play on the front foot.

bingo70
28-10-2019, 11:25 AM
Hes clinging on and wont resign because what job and at what level will he be able to manage at after failing at leeds then hibs? Not just failing hes bordered onn being a disaster for both. No one will touch him with a barge poll and he knows it imo.

With the way he talks about educating the players I think he could be well suited to an emerging league abroad, somewhere like India or China where he’d have students rather than relatively high profile players.

The 90+2
28-10-2019, 11:28 AM

We usually collectively arse collapse after conceding apart from ironically against Celtic. It’s a massive fear if they score early it could be a cricket score.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 11:30 AM
With the way he talks about educating the players I think he could be well suited to an emerging league abroad, somewhere like India or China where he’d have students rather than relatively high profile players.

Ahh but who educates him though?

Quite easy to spout off even I will have a go:

"Glad to be at Hbs looking foward to the challenge ahead and putting Hibs right back up the correct end of the league. I want Easter Raod to become a place teams fear to go where they know they will have a game on their hands and when we go away I will also look to be as positive."

PaulSmith
28-10-2019, 11:35 AM
We know that Kamberi, Vela and Newell will chuck in the towel very quickly if Celtic score early. We know that Mallan, Allan and Horgan can’t do the defensive side of the game and if Hallberg is injured then it will be a 4,5 or 6 goal embarrassment.

PH will start with his usual 7 defensive minded players and hope for damage limitation. He has done so since the Rangers and Motherwell games when he realised that he was going to be sacked if he took any more hammerings. That goes out of the window if we lose an early goal.

IanFaeClerrie
28-10-2019, 11:38 AM
What will it actually take for Dempster to sack Heckingbottom?
Reply to Thread

When I have sacked people (except for in gross misconduct cases), I know I am solid ground that they have not met the agreed performance criteria, I have my succession plan in place, I've spoken to HR, I know the financial consequences and I have cleared it with my boss.

But most importantly, I listen to the feedback on the employee's performance from my customers.

The 90+2
28-10-2019, 11:39 AM
We know that Kamberi, Vela and Newell will chuck in the towel very quickly if Celtic score early. We know that Mallan, Allan and Horgan can’t do the defensive side of the game and if Hallberg is injured then it will be a 4,5 or 6 goal embarrassment.

PH will start with his usual 7 defensive minded players and hope for damage limitation. He has done so since the Rangers and Motherwell games when he realised that he was going to be sacked if he took any more hammerings. That goes out of the window if we lose an early goal.

That’s exactly my big fear.

IanFaeClerrie
28-10-2019, 11:44 AM
We know that Mallan, Allan and Horgan can’t do the defensive side of the game

and that's why we should not play them. They are a complete liability when we need to defend. I bet our Head Coach is rueing his mistake in releasing Marvin and Mark Milligan.

matty_f
28-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Think you’ve discussed it in your podcast before but going to Glasgow previously he’s sounded quite negative before a ball was even kicked. Think it was when he was talking about the players not being overawed going to a big stadium like Ibrox.

If we go into this game with a negative attitude I think we could be on bother, at home there’s always going to be a bit more of an attacking mentality and a desire to play on the front foot.

That's a good point, I hadn't considered that angle this time - was more looking at how the games have gone recently.

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Lots of threads asking "What will it actually take for Dempster to sack Heckingbottom?" :dunno:

😁

Lots of folk getting messages that he’s going in the morning, at 12pm, at 5pm or tomorrow. The more rumours we can start the sooner they’ll get rid.

silverhibee
28-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Lots of folk getting messages that he’s going in the morning, at 12pm, at 5pm or tomorrow. The more rumours we can start the sooner they’ll get rid.

I think we are close to the end game and the club are working on bringing in replacements for hecky and his side kick.

hibbyfraelibby
28-10-2019, 03:04 PM
...and we would not have been relegated if he had stayed

The 90+2
28-10-2019, 03:17 PM
...and we would not have been relegated if he had stayed

Then we wouldn’t have won the cup. Relegation in 98 was much worse. In hindsight I’m not bothered we went down under Butcher as check what happened after. They three years were enjoyable again even four years sorry. It’s **** how it’s turned out now but it was decent.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 03:20 PM
I'd back, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher, in fact anyone to have won 2 of our first 10 games with the players at hand.

Anthony Soprano
28-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Dempster was a breath of fresh air when she first came in but her conduct this past few months has been poor, there is a complete lack of communication from the club, refusing to accept that they've made a James Hunt of it. All board members have to take a long hard look at themselves for allowing this circus act to continue as long as it has.

Lago
28-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Not going anywhere soon, Dempster likes him, in my opinion & to sack him is an admission that she made a wrong choice.

Anthony Soprano
28-10-2019, 03:34 PM
Then we wouldn’t have won the cup. Relegation in 98 was much worse. In hindsight I’m not bothered we went down under Butcher as check what happened after. They three years were enjoyable again even four years sorry. It’s **** how it’s turned out now but it was decent.

Some of my best memories supporting Hibs were during those 3 years in the Championship, I'm not keen to go back mind you.

Doh Rae Me
28-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Dempster could be in a different situation than before with RG now being in charge, the silence is deafening and polar opposites than what has happened in the past.
He simply has to go, he's lost the support. Hibs cannot afford to wait till it's too late. Season tickets would see the biggest nosedive in history.
Imagine what the table would look like with a competent manager in charge.
RG, over to you!
Act now please ,before its too late.

IanFaeClerrie
28-10-2019, 07:02 PM

Good - so am I

IanFaeClerrie
28-10-2019, 07:07 PM
We can't know what the players are like until we get a manager that plays a system to maximise their strengths and that means playing them in their best positions. Scott Allan wide right anyone?

It's so obvious why Scott could not get a game for Celtic

makaveli1875
28-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Not going anywhere soon, Dempster likes him, in my opinion & to sack him is an admission that she made a wrong choice.

We all make mistakes, burying your head in the sand and pretending you havnt is never the best course of action, just leaves a bigger mess to clean up

Lago
28-10-2019, 08:31 PM
We all make mistakes, burying your head in the sand and pretending you havnt is never the best course of action, just leaves a bigger mess to clean up

And it gets bigger with every day that passes.