PDA

View Full Version : Newell & Vela

SideBurns
26-10-2019, 04:02 PM
Passengers. Going through the motions - see plenty like them over the years, never Hibs players in yer puff.

Albanian Hibs
26-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Absolute imposters

DoubleDangerous
26-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Both of them were atrocious today. Vela spent 90 mins marking himself

Joe6-2
26-10-2019, 04:12 PM
They can get tae wi heck

Heisenberg
26-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Newell is easily the worst player we’ve had for about 3/4 years.

Diclonius
26-10-2019, 04:19 PM
They thought the Scottish league was ***** and easy and can't be bothered now they've been found out.

tamig
26-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Utter nonsense. Newall and Vela both had good games today. Newell put some great crosses in and Vela won the ball well for the second goal. Fraser Murray cost us the game today. He was a passenger when he came on.

jakedance
26-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Not nearly good enough for our club.

ac1
26-10-2019, 04:21 PM
Both are rotten!

CMac1988
26-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Utter nonsense. Newall and Vela both had good games today. Newell put some great crosses in and Vela won the ball well for the second goal. Fraser Murray cost us the game today. He was a passenger when he came on.

Both let the game pass them by all day long. Other than 1 good cross from Newell and Vela's chance neither done enough for me. But then I did want Newell off for Murray and that didn't go well...

supermcginn
26-10-2019, 04:23 PM

Lol you are delusional.

Blaster
26-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Vela is a joke. Mallan does some good things, some bad things but certainly cannot be accused of hiding. But gets a hard time from some fans

Vela does nowt

Blaster
26-10-2019, 04:25 PM

Wow

overdrive
26-10-2019, 04:29 PM
Vela is like playing with a man down. Awful player.

BlackSheep
26-10-2019, 04:30 PM

Just what game did you watch today?

Wull
26-10-2019, 04:31 PM
agree neither of them are good enough, a fleeting cameo of 10 seconds then disappearing, no good. as for Fras Murray, well when he came on I thought he had the look of someone who didn't want to be there, and as it turned out he shouldn't have. As for Flo, friggin poser 99 times out of 100

tamig
26-10-2019, 04:36 PM
Wow

Neither of those two were to blame for the final result today. Easy targets for far too many on here. Lewis, Flo and Murray all culpable.

J-C
26-10-2019, 04:38 PM
2 ghosts out there, if they didn't touch the ball occasionally you'd never know they were playing.

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Said before the game I was keen to watch these guys and see if they could produce anything.

Someone chipped in saying Newall was our best player last week!!

Well, I’ve not seen either of them offer anything since they arrived. Newall literally touched the ball half a dozen times today.

That PH thinks they are players just confirms that he knows f all and isn’t actually a football manager.

Imposter is frequently used to describe him. I’d apply that to the 3 of them.

DavidDavidGray
26-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Vela runs behind players into positions where he cannot get the ball. He would be unbelievable at hide and seek as he just hides all game.

dmc1875
26-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Vela is a total imposter

GonzoReturns
26-10-2019, 04:44 PM
He is brutal and to say otherwise is just wrong

truehibernian
26-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Vela runs behind players into positions where he cannot get the ball. He would be unbelievable at hide and seek as he just hides all game.

Vela simply put is an awful football player, both in technique and application. Newell breaches the Trades Descriptions Act calling himself a winger. He does have decent technique but yet another player who has come here and underestimated the quality and pace of the game and has been found wanting.

Literally none of Heckingbottom's signings are decent acquisitions and moving them on will be tricky.

California-Hibs
26-10-2019, 04:46 PM
Glad this has been highlighted, agree completely. We need so much better!

steakbake
Both are wage thieves. Newell looks like he’s on holiday with us and Vela is just a poor man’s Alan O Brien.

CloudSquall
What are Brian Kerr and Alan O'Brien up to these days?

mcfly
26-10-2019, 04:47 PM
The invisible men both of them.

Hiber-nation
26-10-2019, 04:52 PM

Not sure what your definition of a good game is!! Newell did put in 2 good crosses but was a passenger and we certainly can't afford them. Vela....I'm lost for words. Yes won the ball for the goal but apart from that? Dismal.

Quite staggering to blame Fraser Murray.

hibsbollah
26-10-2019, 04:52 PM
I'm not getting Vela at all. Bolton forums were peeved he was leaving, saying he's a proper player etc. Unless it was all a massive wind up

Gmack7
26-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Randall and Hopkirk

biotech
26-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Has anyone seen a player who looks more disinterested than Vila? Clearly, doesn’t want to be here. Make it so!

fat freddy
26-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Vela - Matt Thornhill
Newell - Humphrey Rudge

Never seen two players hide as much, it was embarrassing

Blaster
Neither of those two were to blame for the final result today. Easy targets for far too many on here. Lewis, Flo and Murray all culpable.

The first goal, Horgan chases his man to the touch line. Vela is the next hibs player and doesn’t go over to cover the 2nd man. So I think he was culpable for the first goal and therefore the result

Real Emerald
Newell’s role today could have been played by any random that has ever played at any level. Ridiculous that my money is paying him wages and even worse I have to watch it. 😡

GreenPJ
26-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Newell’s role today could have been played by any random that has ever played at any level. Ridiculous that my money is paying him wages and even worse I have to watch it. 😡

The reality is if he actually put in a tackle it was late he was sent off. We would not have felt the impact of 10 men. Hecky 2 best signings were on the bench.

I do blame the players for conceding but the one up front the style the messaging to sit back is all culpable for our current predicament and only one answer.

GonzoReturns
26-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Thing is it’s not their fault they are useless they don’t pick themselves. Whoever signed them/watched them/recommended them/negotiated contracts with them and who picks them are the ones who are culpable.

emerald green
26-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Thing is it’s not their fault they are useless they don’t pick themselves. Whoever signed them/watched them/recommended them/negotiated contracts with them and who picks them are the ones who are culpable.

:agree: Spot on.

supermcginn
26-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Vela - Matt Thornhill
Newell - Humphrey Rudge

Rudge was a half decent defender.

Hiber-nation
26-10-2019, 05:13 PM
Vela - Matt Thornhill
Newell - Humphrey Rudge

Agree about Thornhill but Rudge? Was a good solid defender. Alan O'Brien, surely.

WestStandMoaner
26-10-2019, 05:18 PM

I need to to know what you drink before a game. Vela is non existent in games at least Lewis puts in a shift

fat freddy
26-10-2019, 05:28 PM
Agree about Thornhill but Rudge? Was a good solid defender. Alan O'Brien, surely.

Mixing my Humphries up, I meant the winger who we had on loan a few years back, Humphrey something, every time he got the ball he passed it back to SDG. He appeared to be scared of the ball, scored against Whitehall Welfare in the 8 goal win at Tynie, honestly can't remember his name but Newell is worse

Nicho87
26-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Like their current manager, completely out their depth

Aldo
26-10-2019, 05:33 PM
As it stands Leanne Dempster and the Hibs board are to blame for allowing this to continue.

1 win in 15.

Second bottom of the league

5 draws from winning positions

They are in charge of the club and surely they can see we are on course for relegation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hfc rd
26-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Both are absolutely horrendous and both just like the manager, can GTF.

If another Scottish club has made a worser signing these two, then I’ll be surprised. Both of these imposters are the worst signings of the window by a distance, not just for Hibs but the whole of the Scottish Premiership.

Hiber-nation
26-10-2019, 05:34 PM
Mixing my Humphries up, I meant the winger who we had on loan a few years back, Humphrey something, every time he got the ball he passed it back to SDG. He appeared to be scared of the ball, scored against Whitehall Welfare in the 8 goal win at Tynie, honestly can't remember his name but Newell is worse

Chris Humphrey...had a good game against hearts I recall. But yes a few where he didn't look interested.

See what you mean though..but it was Bonnyrigg Rose 😂

Not In The Know
26-10-2019, 05:37 PM

This. He is a man short and one of the main reason we lose so many goals.

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2019, 05:42 PM
They aren't good enough; we are badly lacking quality just now. Hecky's signings have been a massive let down.

Fergos
26-10-2019, 05:45 PM
As it stands Leanne Dempster and the Hibs board are to blame for allowing this to continue.

1 win in 15.

Second bottom of the league

5 draws from winning positions

They are in charge of the club and surely they can see we are on course for relegation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% agree. LD is now as culpable as anyone, she is really paying now for her complete lack of decision making, PH should have been binned well before now.

Today was a complete example of his failure in the transfer market, he has signed below average players with not one leader amongst them. The amount of times we have lost a lead to draw or be beaten says it all - Crap bags the lot of them.

GGTTH

hibee-boys
26-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Kept a close eye on Vela today and he just seemed to do his best not to be involved. I honestly forgot Newell was still on the pitch in the 2nd half. Truly baffled how these 2 players have managed to accumulate over 100 games each in the championship.

JimBHibees
26-10-2019, 05:58 PM
The first goal, Horgan chases his man to the touch line. Vela is the next hibs player and doesn’t go over to cover the 2nd man. So I think he was culpable for the first goal and therefore the result

The first goal was mainly down to Porteous bein 5 yards off his man letting him turn and shoot. Brutal defending.

Heisenberg
26-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Vela seems to be getting a harder time than Newell which I thinks harsh. He at least pressed well and won the ball to set up our second didn’t he? Newell on the other hand was absolutely ***** and should be punted back down south as soon as the January window opens.

Gmack7
26-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Kept a close eye on Vela today and he just seemed to do his best not to be involved. I honestly forgot Newell was still on the pitch in the 2nd half. Truly baffled how these 2 players have managed to accumulate over 100 games each in the championship.

becayse just like these 2 were rhe chamouinshio is vastky overrated

BoomtownHibees
26-10-2019, 06:00 PM

“Good games” 😂😂😂😂

BoomtownHibees
26-10-2019, 06:01 PM
becayse just like these 2 were rhe chamouinshio is vastky overrated

Has somebody stolen some keys off your keyboard?

jakedance
26-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Vela seems to be getting a harder time than Newell which I thinks harsh. He at least pressed well and won the ball to set up our second didn’t he? Newell on the other hand was absolutely ***** and should be punted back down south as soon as the January window opens.

Agreed. I was sitting near the front of the east so had a great view of him in the first half and he’s useless. Dives for fouls, doesn’t look in any way interested in taking anyone on, passes it back all the time, poor crossing, shans out a tackle. The list could go on.

Hibs90
26-10-2019, 06:06 PM
Get Newell so far to ****. Lazy and chicken hearted. He's worse than AOB by a country mile, at least AOB had pace.

Real Emerald

Newell had a good game, was it hide and seek he was playing? He’s a heartless lazy excuse of a player. He whipped in a couple of crosses but that’s not having a good game, he was pish.

Hibs90
Has somebody stolen some keys off your keyboard?

Or he is having a good night :aok:

26-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Disappointed in Vela, thought he would be a decent signing and at the start I thought he looked not bad but he’s been found out now. Not good enough. Another dud Heckingbottom signing.

We’ve gone back to the pre relegation days where we bulk buy garbage players. Look at the Stubbs signings compared to Heckingbottoms. Grim.

bringbackbenny
26-10-2019, 06:15 PM
Vela is desperately unfit - he's not fit for purpose in the SPFL. In fact I reckon he would struggle in the SPFL Championship as well.

Disgraceful physical condition for a pro at our level.

Franck Stanton
26-10-2019, 06:18 PM
The only way Newell and Vela should wear a Hibs strip is if they bought one at the shop. They would have to improve to get into the useless category. Both are mince , GET THEM OUT OF MY CLUB NOW !!!!!!!

BlackSheep
26-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Has anyone seen a player who looks more disinterested than Vila? Clearly, doesn’t want to be here. Make it so!

Yes... Newell.

Real Emerald
26-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Yes... Newell.

The hide and seek MOM 👍

hibeerealist
26-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Said before the game I was keen to watch these guys and see if they could produce anything.

Someone chipped in saying Newall was our best player last week!!

Well, I’ve not seen either of them offer anything since they arrived. Newall literally touched the ball half a dozen times today.

That PH thinks they are players just confirms that he knows f all and isn’t actually a football manager.

Imposter is frequently used to describe him. I’d apply that to the 3 of them.

:agree::top marks:agree::agree: Three nods for three imposters.

Alfred E Newman
26-10-2019, 06:43 PM
A couple of very ordinary journeyman pros who couldn't care less where they are playing as long as they are picking up a few bob at the end of the week.

fat freddy
26-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Chris Humphrey...had a good game against hearts I recall. But yes a few where he didn't look interested.

See what you mean though..but it was Bonnyrigg Rose 😂

🥴🍾 I'm having a nightmare tonight, I'll do the decent thing and resign from this thread.l

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Passengers. Going through the motions - see plenty like them over the years, never Hibs players in yer puff.

Totally agree :agree:

Hiber-nation
26-10-2019, 07:00 PM
🥴🍾 I'm having a nightmare tonight, I'll do the decent thing and resign from this thread.l

:thumbsup:

steakbake
26-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Yes... Newell.

I haven’t seen a player look so disinterested for a long time. 80% of the time he was on his arse. By the end, he just sat down and got the subbing he was looking for.

A wage-thief.

Onceinawhile
26-10-2019, 07:05 PM
Vela was huddy. There was one point where he was in space and Porto had the ball, he ran back and around Porto to get away from taking it on. Never seen a player intentionally hide like that.

On the plus side, the 2nd goal was mostly down to him pressing, but f me he was woeful apart from that.

Chorley Hibee
26-10-2019, 07:19 PM
Spent a large part of the second half watching Vela, and the lengths he goes to avoid responsibility is incredible. Doesn't mark, doesn't tackle, doesn't show for a pass - an absolute fraud of a footballer.

More worriying is the amount of players we have who quite clearly don't give a ******. The absolute embodiment of the dross that we've seen countless times before.

Real Emerald
26-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Spent a large part of the second half watching Vela, and the lengths he goes to avoiding responsibility is incredible. Doesn't mark, doesn't tackle, doesn't show for a pass - an absolute fraud of a footballer.

More worriying is the amount of players we have who quite clearly don't give a ******. The absolute embodiment of the dross that we've seen countless times before.

That’s the Fenlon team all over (bar LG) and it’s only going one way. Leeann has to act now.

Real Emerald
26-10-2019, 07:43 PM
Spent a large part of the second half watching Vela, and the lengths he goes to avoiding responsibility is incredible. Doesn't mark, doesn't tackle, doesn't show for a pass - an absolute fraud of a footballer.

That’s the Fenlon team all over (bar LG) and it’s only going one way. Leeann has to act now.

SickBoy32
26-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Vela is like Brian Kerr, only worse.

Newell is just a love island reject, kiddy on footballer.

Empty both in January please Hibs, few others anaw

HibeEC
26-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Newell is easily the worst player we’ve had for about 3/4 years.

Totally agree.

B.H.F.C
26-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Cowards on a football pitch. More so Vela.

Is It On....
26-10-2019, 09:46 PM
"This team and their ineffectual summer signings have regressed to the soft-bellied, vulnerable stereotype that blighted them for years. Some of them don't seem to have the appetite for the helter-skelter battle this league demands." Source:BBC

This could have been written for the dynamic duo. Newall I thought was especially poor and always seemed to be trying to avoid taking anybody on.

Del Boy
26-10-2019, 09:52 PM
Vela is absolute crap! Was meant to be something of a coup when we got him, pub league player from what I’ve seen.

Newall is possibly even worse!!

B.H.F.C
26-10-2019, 10:07 PM
Vela turned his back at the equaliser. Like his pathetic attempt to stop the winner in the derby.

I can’t stand him. Like the type of player we signed pre relegation. Not interested. Doesn’t care.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2019, 11:06 PM
i'm in the very small minority group that actually thought Vela wasn't too bad today :duck:

tamig
26-10-2019, 11:07 PM
i'm in the very small minority group that actually thought Vela wasn't too bad today :duck:

Get your helmet on bud. My heid’s pounding.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2019, 11:09 PM
Get your helmet on bud. My heid’s pounding.

ach as my Avatar indicates, water of a ducks back :)

One Day Soon
26-10-2019, 11:10 PM
Bit harsh to single out Newell and Vela when neither were playing today.

neil7908
27-10-2019, 12:43 AM
"This team and their ineffectual summer signings have regressed to the soft-bellied, vulnerable stereotype that blighted them for years. Some of them don't seem to have the appetite for the helter-skelter battle this league demands." Source:BBC

This could have been written for the dynamic duo. Newall I thought was especially poor and always seemed to be trying to avoid taking anybody on.

I actually think that description from BBC is doing Scottish football a disservice. The implication is that we're all blood and thunder up here and they don't want to get stuck in as they are above all that. Whilst that may be true, they simply aren't good enough.

It isn't the so called physical nature of our game that's the issue, they are just rubbish and quotes like that feed the stereotype that all we have up here is a tough, battling competition where the teams that kick the most win.

That's not the case, there are loads of decent players up here and the lower leagues in England have plenty of overpaid dross that are now getting shown up when they come up here thinking it'll be a walk in the park.

LaMotta
27-10-2019, 12:46 AM
Vela is a joke. Mallan does some good things, some bad things but certainly cannot be accused of hiding. But gets a hard time from some fans

Vela does nowt

:top marks

stoneyburn hibs
27-10-2019, 12:53 AM
Randall and Hopkirk

Perfect Example/Analogy. Well played sir.

Squealing pig
27-10-2019, 12:54 AM
Waste of space . Rather have an under 18 player in

SteveHFC
27-10-2019, 02:18 AM
Newell is a outstanding player. The lad gives it 110% every game. He’s scoring the winner next weekend in the semi to make himself a hero.

Borderhibbie76
27-10-2019, 05:46 AM
A pair of wage thieving imposters...the fact Hecky plays and signed them both tells us all we need to know about his ability as a manager too

Forza Fred
27-10-2019, 05:57 AM
The first goal was mainly down to Porteous bein 5 yards off his man letting him turn and shoot. Brutal defending.

That’s the way I saw it.

angus hibby
27-10-2019, 07:12 AM

Me too. I thought he was always making himself available to get on the ball and did anything but hide.

DavidDavidGray
27-10-2019, 09:16 AM
Me too. I thought he was always making himself available to get on the ball and did anything but hide.

Making himself available for a pass is the last thing Vela does. Occasionally he’ll ask for the ball of a centre half, then he’ll do a sprint sideways with the ball and lay it off to a full back before moving directly behind an opposition player. It’s so frustrating to watch. I can excuse a lack of ability but I can’t excuse a lack of effort

Winston Ingram
27-10-2019, 09:22 AM

Joe Newall

CL0762
27-10-2019, 09:27 AM
I thought there was a 10-15 minute spell when Vela looked decent, he actually started the move for the second goal by pressing high up the park and winning the ball back.

Then after that he just completely disappeared.

eastterrace
27-10-2019, 10:42 AM
I thought there was a 10-15 minute spell when Vela looked decent, he actually started the move for the second goal by pressing high up the park and winning the ball back.

Then after that he just completely disappeared. have a look at the highlights on the second goal for Ross county and watch vela attempt to block the shot , powder puff.