PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heckingbottom

Fifer
26-10-2019, 04:00 PM
Please do the Honorable thing and go now.You are slowly killing our club.

lord bunberry
26-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Please do the Honorable thing and go now.You are slowly killing our club.I doubt it will happen. The decision needs to be taken out of his hands.

Box 17
26-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Please do the Honorable thing and go now.You are slowly killing our club.Slowly?

makaveli1875
26-10-2019, 04:08 PM
Its a certainty he will still be here to lead us to the slaughter at hampden next week

DetroitHibs
26-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Somebody needs to step up and end this disaster by Monday at the latest.

madhatter
26-10-2019, 04:12 PM
Club are a joke. So many people that talk a good game but dont deliver. When Scott Allan scored I knew we'd mess it up. My celebration for both goals were tame.

5 at the back at home against Ross County. it was really a back 9. Every player back for corners is a joke.

I dont think I'll be back until there's change. Persevere with this..nah.

Scoreboard and hum from the pa system all match sums up the club at the moment. I mean it was minute 1 until half time and a constant buzz throughout the game. Cant deliver on the pitch and cant get the "norm" right either.

NC1875
26-10-2019, 04:12 PM
The boys a clown. It was obvious to everyone weeks ago yet he’s still in a job somehow. And I’ll bet he’ll still be here next week to lead us to an embarrassing score line at Hampden.

And he’s wondering why no fans want to buy tickets ? So out of touch it’s unreal

Baader
26-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Ridiculous he is still in the job. Should've been punted months ago. And it's not a slow death, he has undone years of good work rapidly in just 8 months.

pollution
26-10-2019, 04:16 PM
If he goes who will replace him?

No proven manager would come to ER, why would he.

A new owner usually brings significant on field investment, which we have not seen.

I am afraid that we are not attractive to good managers.

Hibbyradge
26-10-2019, 04:21 PM

A new owner usually brings significant on field investment, which we have not seen.

We're a hugely attractive club and there will be no shortage of interest in the job if it ever becomes available. :rolleyes:

SlickShoes
26-10-2019, 04:21 PM

The new owner came in once we had done pretty much all of our signing and at the end of the window, it would have been pointless to let heck spend his money. Now it’s looking like a great move as a new manager maybe will have some room to buy players and offload the dross we are stuck with.

truehibernian
26-10-2019, 04:22 PM

I think wee Gordon (Strachan) would be easily tempted back into management and Hibs would be his curtain call. Charismatic, attack-minded, still loves the training pitch style of coaching, vast experience and contacts all over the game. We need a big character to come in.

I'm at the stage (sadly) where I am past caring about results........which is such a sad state of affairs after 5 seasons of upward trajectory, positivity and belief in the club.

Joe6-2
26-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Just go, please

Hibs1969
26-10-2019, 04:24 PM

Sorry but that’s nonsense. We’re poor at the moment but with the stadium, facilities, infrastructure, budget and fan base we have we’re a good proposition for any manager looking for work.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Were we terrible today? No. Are there mitigating circumstances for what happened? Possibly. Is throwing away points from a winning position a recurring theme? Evidently.

Time to go. He's built a squad without a single leader. Not one player looked like dragging is over the line today when the going got tough. He's too far gone with the fans to very turn this round and that has been the case for weeks. It's not pleasant seeing him sit there and hear fans calling for his head so do the decent thing and mutually consent him. The crowd on Wednesday will tell a story. It's a failed experiment, let's correct it whilst there is time.

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Club are a joke. So many people that talk a good game but dont deliver. When Scott Allan scored I knew we'd mess it up. My celebration for both goals were tame.

5 at the back at home against Ross County. it was really a back 9. Every player back for corners is a joke.

Scoreboard and hum from the pa system all match sums up the club at the moment. I mean it was minute 1 until half time and a constant buzz throughout the game. Cant deliver on the pitch and cant get the "norm" right either.

Agree with everything you say here.

That buzz was really annoying as was the Hibs kid announcer who couldn’t read. Harsh, I know!!!

A Hi-Bee
I have said this for ages and not much else I can do, I dont go to E.R. anymore and will not go while he is the manager.

Greenbeard

Only way we will get anyone half decent is by promising significant funds over and above the losses which will be incurred by punting all the hecking useless 5H1t players that PH brought in on good contracts.

Fifer
26-10-2019, 04:28 PM
I think wee Gordon (Strachan) would be easily tempted back into management and Hibs would be his curtain call. Charismatic, attack-minded, still loves the training pitch style of coaching, vast experience and contacts all over the game. We need a big character to come in.

I'm at the stage (sadly) where I am past caring about results........which is such a sad state of affairs after 5 seasons of upward trajectory, positivity and belief in the club.
I would take Strachan in a heart beat. He would bring so much experience and passion.

Diclonius
26-10-2019, 04:29 PM

Jack Ross.

truehibernian
26-10-2019, 04:29 PM
I would take Strachan in a heart beat. He would bring so much experience and passion.

I think he'd jump at the chance if offered :aok:

CLASS OF 72 -73
26-10-2019, 04:30 PM
I stood in my local outside Liverpool watching the Saturday results and my mate asked how the Hibs were doing. I said its 2-1 at 89 mins but it will be 2-2 mark my words I said. Rest my case.
PS I am doing the 500 mile round trip next week so won't let it hinder the team I support. Get shot LD and consider your own position.

Onion
26-10-2019, 04:34 PM
What will it take to stop the pain. We have a team in Heckingbottom's image - weak, slow, boring and lacking resolve, structure, organisation and leadership. Our new owner and Leanne Dempster need to come out of their cushy bunker and do their jobs !

Hibs are a mere shadow of the team and club of just 12 month ago and those responsible need to called out. This is NOT going to resolve itself.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2019, 04:45 PM

Don't agree. We are a fantastic club for any manager North of the border outside the OF. What we need is a manager who can see the players from the imposters and make the changes required.

madhatter
26-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Why cant we do something different and get a good young foreign manager?

Surely that fits with what our new Sporting Director was talking about?

CloudSquall
26-10-2019, 05:03 PM

Completely disagree, everything is in place at Hibs to have us challenging year in year out for 3rd place, cups and eventually going further into Europe.

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2019, 05:07 PM
No interview from him?

Hiding or being sacked??!!

truehibernian
26-10-2019, 05:08 PM
Why cant we do something different and get a good young foreign manager?

Surely that fits with what our new Sporting Director was talking about?

The predicament we are in I'd say we need experience and character - someone with charisma and one who the players look up to and respect as having achieved in the game.

Strachan, with perhaps SDG / Darren learning from him as assistants (given their contracts) would perhaps provide sufficient lift within the club and support, whilst also nurturing legacy and that young, hungry manager you suggest (foreign or home grown).

We need someone with vitality and character - Heckingbottom saps the energy and life out of you when I listen to him now, so imagine what it does to the players. The players do however need to take a lot of responsibility too. What was telling was Porteous' interview after one of the games recently and he said heads went down when we conceded............it's there for all to see the lack of leaders on the pitch and lack of real character.

calumhibee1
26-10-2019, 05:08 PM

Was Di Matteo not interested in the Killie job or am I imagining that? He’d be my choice.

truehibernian
26-10-2019, 05:10 PM
No interview from him?

...his post match was basically 'two points dropped and a win will change everything'.

Bears also you know what in the woods :rolleyes:

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2019, 05:11 PM
We need an actual manager instead of someone pretending to be one.

madhatter
26-10-2019, 05:15 PM
The predicament we are in I'd say we need experience and character - someone with charisma and one who the players look up to and respect as having achieved in the game.

Strachan, with perhaps SDG / Darren learning from him as assistants (given their contracts) would perhaps provide sufficient lift within the club and support, whilst also nurturing legacy and that young, hungry manager you suggest (foreign or home grown).

We need someone with vitality and character - Heckingbottom saps the energy and life out of you when I listen to him now, so imagine what it does to the players. The players do however need to take a lot of responsibility too. What was telling was Porteous' interview after one of the games recently and he said heads went down when we conceded............it's there for all to see the lack of leaders on the pitch and lack of real character.

How many British managers are able to get good passing football going in our price range? There are some good defensive ones or ones that play long ball but Hibs more than anything need to build a culture. We dont have a style of play. The fans have a preferred style they like to watch but that doesn't seem to be a requirement of the head coach job.

Seriously, the club need to learn lesson from our head coach appointments. We are still recruiting in a Terry Butcher, Calderwood type way. "Sensible" options as deemed at the time due to pedigree and one for the direct knowledge of the league. I could list so many more but I dont think its worthwhile.

in short, we end up with rubbish head coaches more than good ones and in our club history we've only recruited 2-3 foreign managers (excluding Irish). There is a pattern.

Onion
26-10-2019, 05:16 PM
No interview from him?

Coward, with no one at the club being held accountable for the almighty cock-up they've made in recruiting him and his terrible players.

The club is riddled with cowardice.

gaz1875
26-10-2019, 05:17 PM
Were we terrible today? No. Are there mitigating circumstances for what happened? Possibly. Is throwing away points from a winning position a recurring theme? Evidently.

Time to go. He's built a squad without a single leader. Not one player looked like dragging is over the line today when the going got tough. He's too far gone with the fans to very turn this round and that has been the case for weeks. It's not pleasant seeing him sit there and hear fans calling for his head so do the decent thing and mutually consent him. The crowd on Wednesday will tell a story. It's a failed experiment, let's correct it whilst there is time.

The bit in bold, where was Hanlon Stevenson and the highly rated future captain Porteous. They should have been screaming at the bunch of lazy ****in imposters in front of them. Never saw anyone flying into a tackle or charging forward with the ball when everyone in the stadium could see us dropping deeper and deeper. Shambles of a squad full of tired looking seasoned pros and lower league imposters from down south.

truehibernian
26-10-2019, 05:24 PM
How many British managers are able to get good passing football going in our price range? There are some good defensive ones or ones that play long ball but Hibs more than anything need to build a culture. We dont have a style of play. The fans have a preferred style they like to watch but that doesn't seem to be a requirement of the head coach job.

Seriously, the club need to learn lesson from our head coach appointments. We are still recruiting in a Terry Butcher, Calderwood type way. "Sensible" options as deemed at the time due to pedigree and one for the direct knowledge of the league. I could list so many more but I dont think its worthwhile.

in short, we end up with rubbish head coaches more than good ones and in our club history we've only recruited 2-3 foreign managers (excluding Irish). There is a pattern.

There are many good British (and Scottish) managers who play attacking football - and I wholeheartedly agree you need to breed a winning mentality and culture - which often requires someone with character and pedigree (though not necessarily). You create a style of football once you have stabilised and ensured the basics are done correctly. Closing down, work rate high, pressing for the ball and retaining it - then you build a style and pace into the side. At present we don't do the basics well and that is costing goals, points, and creating uncertainty and 'fear football'.

At present we don't look like winning games, more so because he sets us up formation-wise not to lose rather than show an opposition manager they'll have to compete with a side going for a win. He is stubborn in his formations and tactics and shows little appetite for changing that - two strikers at home, with Kamberi being one in a two, would provide the most success - he needs a strike partner as his stats show.

My issue is when you clearly have no leaders on the pitch, you absolutely need one on the sidelines - hence we need someone with the pedigree and CV who has been there, done it, and won things.

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2019, 05:27 PM
We had someone with character and binned him.

It’s the last thing LD wants even though is blatantly obviously needed.

She wanted nice and we got exactly that.

tonyrougier123
26-10-2019, 05:31 PM
Through this first round of fixtures we have showed ourselves to be a weak predictable team.

Unable to hold leads at home with teams showing respect to hibs.

The moment a team changes to a more positive shape to have a go at our midfield and defence we crumble.

The next set of fixtures teams will go for it against hibs from kick off,as we are increasingly seen as a winnable fixture.

We have played st mirren,st nohnstone,ross county,hearts and celtic at home and only managed 6points.
All with notoriously hard grounds for hibs to visit maybe barring st mirren.
Can anybody see this team going to these grounds and getting us three points or even more unhelpful draws?

Dangerous times ppl.

patch1875
26-10-2019, 05:31 PM
It’s amazing how all the good work the last few years seems to have vanished club seems to be a shambles.

DetroitHibs
26-10-2019, 05:35 PM
Don’t know what he had to fear from doing an interview.... Cliff would have thrown him some easy ones :rolleyes:

madhatter
26-10-2019, 05:37 PM
There are many good British (and Scottish) managers who play attacking football - and I wholeheartedly agree you need to breed a winning mentality and culture - which often requires someone with character and pedigree (though not necessarily). You create a style of football once you have stabilised and ensured the basics are done correctly. Closing down, work rate high, pressing for the ball and retaining it - then you build a style and pace into the side. At present we don't do the basics well and that is costing goals, points, and creating uncertainty and 'fear football'.

At present we don't look like winning games, more so because he sets us up formation-wise not to lose rather than show an opposition manager they'll have to compete with a side going for a win. He is stubborn in his formations and tactics and shows little appetite for changing that - two strikers at home, with Kamberi being one in a two, would provide the most success - he needs a strike partner as his stats show.

My issue is when you clearly have no leaders on the pitch, you absolutely need one on the sidelines - hence we need someone with the pedigree and CV who has been there, done it, and won things.

Which British manager, who is in our price range, plays good attacking football and who you genuinely think would be a success at Hibs? We lurch from good to bad every time we do British managers. More than most clubs as is shown in our rotten history of winning stuff and competing consistently for European places.

Only foreign managers we’ve had, discounting Irish is previous club players. Even our British managers have a trend of being previous players at the club or an association with other clubs (Celtic normally - Mowbray and Lennon etc.). We have no imagination when it comes to head coaches and players.

Club need to stay well clear of Assistants Gray and McGregor, that’s another fan thing of “they are legends”. Do fans realise that both Gray and McGregor are in the training ground and can be around the fit players and yet they don’t appear to be inspiring anything...

We need to be more creative and expansive with our recruitment. Both coaches and players. Ex-Hibs player, ex-Celtic player/manager, ex/current Scottish Premiership manager at smaller club and then English or Irish seems to be our route...

Niffy
26-10-2019, 05:40 PM
I stood in my local outside Liverpool watching the Saturday results and my mate asked how the Hibs were doing. I said its 2-1 at 89 mins but it will be 2-2 mark my words I said. Rest my case.
PS I am doing the 500 mile round trip next week so won't let it hinder the team I support. Get shot LD and consider your own position.

I said that at 2-0

InchHibby
26-10-2019, 05:46 PM
I think even getting rid of this imposter and going to Hampden managerless would give us a lift,
Fxxx his tactics play two up front, I don’t give a toss about formations and all that blackboard sxxxx, two up front and please please, leave at least the strikers up when we concede a corner. Is it only me thinking that everyone back in the box defending, ball gets headed out but only to them to boot it right back in.
Your time was up weeks ago, he won’t go so sack him now.

hibeerealist
26-10-2019, 05:56 PM
The bit in bold, where was Hanlon Stevenson and the highly rated future captain Porteous. They should have been screaming at the bunch of lazy ****in imposters in front of them. Never saw anyone flying into a tackle or charging forward with the ball when everyone in the stadium could see us dropping deeper and deeper. Shambles of a squad full of tired looking seasoned pros and lower league imposters from down south.

Hanlon is never a captain in the true sense, a manager and motivator on the pitch Never.

Hi Heid Yin
26-10-2019, 06:01 PM
We had someone with character and binned him.

It’s the last thing LD wants even though is blatantly obviously needed.

She wanted nice and we got exactly that.

:agree::agree:

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2019, 06:05 PM
Don’t know what he had to fear from doing an interview.... Cliff would have thrown him some easy ones :rolleyes:

It’s on Hibs tv now.

He thinks we were playing well at 2-0.

Idiot. We were rank the whole game.

26-10-2019, 06:05 PM
Enough is enough. the performances aren’t good enough, the results aren’t good enough and his signings aren’t good enough. Nothing inspiring about him at all either, he doesn’t strike me as a guy who can rally a dressing room.

Absolutely got to go, I cannot see any possible way in which he will turn this around. It’s been a bad appointment but let’s cut our losses now and get rid.

emerald green
26-10-2019, 06:22 PM
Completely disagree, everything is in place at Hibs to have us challenging year in year out for 3rd place, cups and eventually going further into Europe.

If "everything is in place at Hibs" that makes it even more unforgivable for the mediocrities wearing the jersey and performances from the first team squad.

CloudSquall
26-10-2019, 06:27 PM
If "everything is in place at Hibs" that makes it even more unforgivable for the mediocrities wearing the jersey and performances from the first team squad.

No arguments from me.

JimBHibees
26-10-2019, 06:38 PM

Would love if he came in. That sad found myself laughing when equaliser went in it was so predictable. I don't know much about Ross county players but even I know Chalmers has an excellent left peg to give him that amount of time for him to shoot was a joke.

Dolce7
26-10-2019, 06:56 PM

we are an attractive club for any new manager and likewise Hearts
also living in a beautiful city there would be no shortage of candidates
for either job

Joe6-2
26-10-2019, 06:58 PM
No interview from him?

Hiding

calumhibee1
26-10-2019, 06:58 PM
It’s on Hibs tv now.

He thinks we were playing well at 2-0.

Idiot. We were rank the whole game.

Not that it matters but we were by no means rank the whole game. We played some decent stuff from the start of the second half, scored two goals and should have had a third within half an hour. That’s not a rank period of play.

Counts for nothing (well, counts for a point) now though.

Joe6-2
26-10-2019, 06:59 PM
We need an actual manager instead of someone pretending to be one.

He can’t even pretend

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Not that it matters but we were by no means rank the whole game. We played some decent stuff from the start of the second half, scored two goals and should have had a third within half an hour. That’s not a rank period of play.

Counts for nothing (well, counts for a point) now though.

Opinions eh.

I thought we were rank rotten, same as always.

If we’d held out for 2-1 I’d still have said the same.

southsider
26-10-2019, 07:04 PM

Basic football, we leave 2 up wide then they leave 3 back. We clear the ball and we have a chance of a break but with 9 the ball just goes back in the box. I have forgotten more about the game than this clown will ever know.

Walter
26-10-2019, 07:06 PM
He's not leaving because he wants paid off. His career and pension will be built on pay offs.

Get rid of him now before this gets ugly

emerald green
26-10-2019, 07:08 PM
No arguments from me.

:aok: It just makes me wonder what Hibs are getting out of the East Mains training centre. A facility that clubs like Ross County, and most clubs in Scotland, can only dream about.

I read recently that Aberdeen are due to open their own training facility very soon and their manager/head coach was quoted as saying it will enable Aberdeen to reach a new level.

Walter
26-10-2019, 07:10 PM
:aok: It just makes me wonder what Hibs are getting out of the East Mains training centre. A facility that clubs like Ross County, and most clubs in Scotland, can only dream about.

I read recently that Aberdeen are due to open their own training facility very soon and their manager/head coach was quoted as saying it will enable Aberdeen to reach a new level.

It took us to a new level alright

3rd in the championship

emerald green
26-10-2019, 07:19 PM
It took us to a new level alright

3rd in the championship

Can't deny that, but maybe it's as simple as the facility itself is fantastic, but the coaches and players (a fair number of them anyway) using the training centre are just crap?

SickBoy32
26-10-2019, 08:07 PM
“Managers contract is only worth the severance package”

This **** will take us for everything possible.

£££

calumhibee1
27-10-2019, 09:50 AM
“Managers contract is only worth the severance package”

This **** will take us for everything possible.

£££

I’m not sure why anyone thinks he wouldn’t. Anyone in their right mind would wait it out for as much money as possible rather than just go “ah I wasn’t very good, don’t bother giving me tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds before I become unemployed”.