PDA

View Full Version : Holstein Kiel

lord bunberry
26-10-2019, 01:35 AM
I had a bet in their game tonight and was watching it on tv. They were 1-0 up an Bochum had a shot at goal that went well wide. The next thing VAR intervened and gave a penalty because one of the Holstein subs stopped the ball before it had gone out of play. I was 1, amazed they had VAR in a lower league game and 2, that a penalty was awarded for such an offence. The guy basically just stopped the ball as it was going out of play, but because it hadn’t completely crossed the line it was a penalty. Who knew?

SChibs
26-10-2019, 02:49 AM
I had a bet in their game tonight and was watching it on tv. They were 1-0 up an Bochum had a shot at goal that went well wide. The next thing VAR intervened and gave a penalty because one of the Holstein subs stopped the ball before it had gone out of play. I was 1, amazed they had VAR in a lower league game and 2, that a penalty was awarded for such an offence. The guy basically just stopped the ball as it was going out of play, but because it hadn’t completely crossed the line it was a penalty. Who knew?

Yes it's a foul by the letter of the law but sometimes common sense should come into things

wearethehibs
26-10-2019, 06:23 AM
https://youtu.be/EYw4rn_6Rzs

H18 SFR
26-10-2019, 06:54 AM
Yes it's a foul by the letter of the law but sometimes common sense should come into things

Common sense would surely tell the sub to leave the ball alone.

BILLYHIBS
26-10-2019, 07:18 AM

:wtf:

The Sub must have been on btts! :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
26-10-2019, 07:48 AM

Common sense did come into it, he applied the rules and done his job.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2019, 07:52 AM
I remember Paul Hartley getting booked for doing similar when a sub for Hibs in a game at ER. Player had been down injured, opposition went to kick it back to us, he didn't realise what was going on so took a couple of steps onto the park and passed the ball back to the ref and was booked.

It would seem the kind of offence that an indirect free kick would be more appropriate for than a penalty. I can't imagine a small change in the rule would result in subs suddenly running on the park to interfere at every opportunity.

Carheenlea
26-10-2019, 07:53 AM
Common sense would be to scrap VAR. Ruining the sport.

Keith_M
26-10-2019, 08:01 AM
That's crazy!

Tomsk
26-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Common sense would be to scrap VAR. Ruining the sport.

VAR is not the problem. It's the ridiculous law changes. The consequences are not commensurate with the actions. A complete review is required - they have made a fool of the game.

PH91
26-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Correct decision and the rule makes sense to stop subs coming on and interrupting play deliberately.

If Bochum manager i would have told my player to miss it deliberately though. That's where common sense should have come into play.

Hibbyradge
26-10-2019, 10:13 AM
VAR is not the problem. It's the ridiculous law changes. The consequences are not commensurate with the actions. A complete review is required - they have made a fool of the game.

That's not a new rule

Tomsk
26-10-2019, 10:20 AM
That's not a new rule

I didn't say it was.

lord bunberry
26-10-2019, 10:52 AM
Watching that clip made more sense of what happened than watching it live with no commentary. I was watching the game on my iPad at work and I didn’t have a clue what was happening.

Sweet Left Peg
26-10-2019, 10:52 AM
Didn't Willie Miller (our one) get sent off, possibly a second yellow, for catching the ball above his head before it went out? The pass to him was dreadful and was going out but he caught it in play. Think it might have been against Dunfermline.

Nicho87
26-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Yeah I can remember that one of my earlier games. Willie miller caught the ball at east end park, I thought it was a straight red but I might be wrong

Sammy7nil
26-10-2019, 11:15 AM
Didn't Willie Miller (our one) get sent off, possibly a second yellow, for catching the ball above his head before it went out? The pass to him was dreadful and was going out but he caught it in play. Think it might have been against Dunfermline.

Yip I remember that.

Lago
26-10-2019, 12:24 PM
I remember Paul Hartley getting booked for doing similar when a sub for Hibs in a game at ER. Player had been down injured, opposition went to kick it back to us, he didn't realise what was going on so took a couple of steps onto the park and passed the ball back to the ref and was booked.

It would seem the kind of offence that an indirect free kick would be more appropriate for than a penalty. I can't imagine a small change in the rule would result in subs suddenly running on the park to interfere at every opportunity.
Remember it well, how we laughed 😊

I'm_cabbaged
26-10-2019, 12:43 PM
Yeah I can remember that one of my earlier games. Willie miller caught the ball at east end park, I thought it was a straight red but I might be wrong

Was at not at ER, pretty sure it was at the old east. And it was a straight red, he doesn’t like being reminded of it 😂

wookie70
26-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Good refereeing and the only surprise is it wasn't Hibs who were punished