PDA

View Full Version : Yams The generic Hearts thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

05-01-2020, 08:21 PM
Evening news saying lafferty will not be rejoining hearts

That's a shame.

hibsbollah
05-01-2020, 08:24 PM
And the orange blimps got to be a jambo. I'm sure I seen him wedged into a wee premium seat with partial view of the byline and partial shelter from the rain.

Wearing a twirly scarf knitted by Ivanka and devouring chips by the bucket load.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Queen Anne has also taken to answering questions in a very Trump-like way; we built the Greatest Skyrim Restaurant in Scottish football. EVER. Lots of people tell me our nursery is the best nursery in Edinburgh'. We're going to build it (the new stand) and we're going to make em pay for it (the poppy fund).
Grab em by the pussy.

Scrub the last one

Deansy
05-01-2020, 08:57 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/10m-over-budget-but-completion-in-sight-for-hearts-main-stand-1-5070355

Worth reading for comedy value.

Dear old Budge never learns... despite all that’s gone wrong, still bragging about how they have the best this and best that.

Some jakey (probably on a freebie) tells her the Skyline Lounge offers the best hospitality in Scottish football, so she runs her mouth off about it.

I know Hearts supporters are easy to dupe, but there must be people connected with that club who cringe at her every utterance?

'
It has repeatedly been described to me as the best council nursery in Edinburgh'

'
The Skyline Lounge and restaurant is amazing, absolutely first class and regularly, almost every game, it is described as the best facility in Scottish football'

:faf:

Since452
05-01-2020, 09:00 PM
Evening news saying lafferty will not be rejoining hearts

Quite happy about that. Big game player

hibsbollah
05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
'
It has repeatedly been described to me as the best council nursery in Edinburgh'

'
The Skyline Lounge and restaurant is amazing, absolutely first class and regularly, almost every game, it is described as the best facility in Scottish football'

What gets me about that is its only the best restaurant in the world 'almost every game'. Which means there's been some occasions where it's been bad, they poisoned a diner, or the kitchen set fire to Austin McPhees hair , or somesuch.

Marco G
05-01-2020, 09:10 PM
Yep, as the Evening News says, he will stay abroad after his successful time in Norway ..... where he scored two goals in 17 games. Hearts must have wanted him cause his recent scoring record is a bit better than their strikers?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

CentreLine
05-01-2020, 09:19 PM
Yep, as the Evening News says, he will stay abroad after his successful time in Norway ..... where he scored two goals in 17 games. Hearts must have wanted him cause his recent scoring record is a bit better than their strikers?

Now that is disrespectful to Calamity Berra, he has scored five times this season. By far their highest scorer and significantly better than Laffery, no?

Marco G
05-01-2020, 09:30 PM
Apologies, but don't know how many OGs Lafferty has.

CentreLine
05-01-2020, 09:50 PM
Apologies, but don't know how many OGs Lafferty has.

Fair point 🤣

Col2
05-01-2020, 10:23 PM
While over on kickback Kiwidog is the biggest rocket of them all, there is a guy called Dazjambo who loves to pretend he is in the know.

Daz pops up now and then when some rumours have started and gives his own inflated exaggerated view based on his close contacts. This inevitably leads to “in Daz we trust” or “if Daz confirms it then it must be true”. Yet he has been found out consistently to be wrong other than about a 1 in 10 success rate
(Fluke).

Latest ramblings were that Lafferty was in advanced talks and pretty much a done deal. Now EEN have knocked this down, it’s not even got past the first hurdle. Bless him Daz has then signing 8 players including Liam lindsay and Liam Boyce. And also miraculously being able to offload high earners immediately.

#persevered
05-01-2020, 10:32 PM
While over on kickback Kiwidog is the biggest rocket of them all, there is a guy called Dazjambo who loves to pretend he is in the know.

Daz pops up now and then when some rumours have started and gives his own inflated exaggerated view based on his close contacts. This inevitably leads to “in Daz we trust” or “if Daz confirms it then it must be true”. Yet he has been found out consistently to be wrong other than about a 1 in 10 success rate
(Fluke).

Latest ramblings were that Lafferty was in advanced talks and pretty much a done deal. Now EEN have knocked this down, it’s not even got past the first hurdle. Bless him Daz has then signing 8 players including Liam lindsay and Liam Boyce. And also miraculously being able to offload high earners immediately.

Yeah they are not going to be able to get rid of their donkeys on the cheap.

Just a few examples from their many candidates for"release on a free" option - White, zlamal, clare, wighton, garruccio, burns and lee all have 18 months left on deals.
Damour has three and a half years!

They won't find a buyer for any of those and no player is going to walk without at least some of it being paid up. Can't see them achieving the overhaul required.

CraigHibee
05-01-2020, 10:48 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/10m-over-budget-but-completion-in-sight-for-hearts-main-stand-1-5070355

Dear old Budge never learns... despite all that’s gone wrong, still bragging about how they have the best this and best that.

Some jakey (probably on a freebie) tells her the Skyline Lounge offers the best hospitality in Scottish football, so she runs her mouth off about it.

I know Hearts supporters are easy to dupe, but there must be people connected with that club who cringe at her every utterance?

A stand which is working out nearly double the price and she's happy with that? Strange woman.

If it was under budget and completed on time then that's something to "be happy" about, she hasn't a clue and its great, keep it up Annie 🙈

Vault Boy
05-01-2020, 11:01 PM
Yeah they are not going to be able to get rid of their donkeys on the cheap.

Just a few examples from their many candidates for"release on a free" option - White, zlamal, clare, wighton, garruccio, burns and lee all have 18 months left on deals.
Damour has three and a half years!

They won't find a buyer for any of those and no player is going to walk without at least some of it being paid up. Can't see them achieving the overhaul required.

At least they've got relegation release clauses! 👀

CloudSquall
05-01-2020, 11:14 PM

"The Skyline Lounge and restaurant is amazing, absolutely first class and regularly, almost every game, it is described as the best facility in Scottish football."

This is Trump level communication.

MagicSwirlingShip
05-01-2020, 11:42 PM
A stand which is working out nearly double the price and she's happy with that? Strange woman.

If it was under budget and completed on time then that's something to "be happy" about, she hasn't a clue and its great, keep it up Annie 🙈

She's delighted as the botch-job has secured her brother a decent pension.

cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2020, 12:37 AM

which of course he(and his son) will use to keep purchasing ST's for Easter Road

Barney McGrew
06-01-2020, 06:13 AM

(Fluke).

Pretty much every club’s message board has one of those. We used to have one that frequented here in the past.

FilipinoHibs
06-01-2020, 07:18 AM

Unfortunately for brother Jim he is still owed £750,000 for completed work, Up £300,000 from the previous year and accounting for 75% of the firm's assets

Aldo
06-01-2020, 08:15 AM
Unfortunately for brother Jim he is still owed £750,000 for completed work, Up £300,000 from the previous year and accounting for 75% of the firm's assets

What makes it even funnier is that he’s a Hibs Fan.

The ones I know reckon they’ve no debt yet when I mentioned this along with the 1.5 million to finish the stand they need to find £2.25 million?

Denial be the word!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
06-01-2020, 08:42 AM

But she’s such a marvellous business woman

greenginger
06-01-2020, 08:57 AM

Not just Budgie, three of the other five directors are accountants.

It will be impossible for a club with this talent to ever overspend or allow projects to run over budget. :greengrin

Deansy
06-01-2020, 08:59 AM
'

I can now name the person who repeatedly describes it as such - 3 year-old Senga Budge-Levein (allegedly NO relation ....) a regular attendee at the nursery who also loves the cakes they bake on site !

FilipinoHibs
06-01-2020, 09:00 AM

She's told him: "Don't worry Jim I'll divert some of those FOH's DDs your way, that's what I am doing to get some of my money back".

Bostonhibby
06-01-2020, 09:18 AM
"The Skyline Lounge and restaurant is amazing, absolutely first class and regularly, almost every game, it is described as the best facility in Scottish football."

This is Trump level communication.It's like saying they've got Scotland's wettest press boxes and thinking it's something great that the rest would somehow want.

I think she probably made it up to make it all feel better.

jacomo
06-01-2020, 12:43 PM
Not just Budgie, three of the other five directors are accountants.

It will be impossible for a club with this talent to ever overspend or allow projects to run over budget. :greengrin

Don’t ever rely on accountants to run a business.

Rely on them to present your business financials in the best possible light.

They are doing the job expected of them... Hearts are going down the swanny, but the annual accounts put a gloss on it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-01-2020, 04:12 PM
They know we're looking at that comedy gold website so they are spouting any pish to make them look good.

Absolute clowns 🤣

wallpaperman
06-01-2020, 05:31 PM
More desperate attempts over the road to be relevant, they really are becoming like Celtic with their efforts to have ‘special relationships’.

They seem to have got themselves a German goalkeeping coach from Hannover, quote from one of desparados. Badly constructed and punctuated, but you get the gist.

Wonder if him being at us, will make Hearts a lot Hanover fans Scottish team

Since452
06-01-2020, 05:45 PM
More desperate attempts over the road to be relevant, they really are becoming like Celtic with their efforts to have ‘special relationships’.

They seem to have got themselves a German goalkeeping coach from Hannover, quote from one of desparados. Badly constructed and punctuated, but you get the gist.

The only thing Hanover fans have in common with the Hearts manager is they won't know who Hearts are either.

jacomo
06-01-2020, 05:45 PM

Hannover wear the green & white. I’m not sure they’ve thought this through.

Also, with all these new Japanese fans flocking to what many people are calling the second best football club stadium in Edinburgh, they will surely have no chance of getting a ticket.

Stuart93
06-01-2020, 05:49 PM

They’re really ****ing weird eh

Jack Hackett
06-01-2020, 05:53 PM
Hannover wear the green & white. I’m not sure they’ve thought this through.

Also, with all these new Japanese fans flocking to what many people are calling the second best football club stadium in Edinburgh, they will surely have no chance of getting a ticket.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2020, 06:28 PM

It's pretty creepy and a little bit attention seeking tbh.

You'd think they'd be the number one club abroad for Russians after their fine spell under Romanov, but all the attention they really got was from one Eduard Malofeev and I'm not convinced he knew who or what they were even though they were paying him.

Big team though.

WoreTheGreen
06-01-2020, 07:08 PM
Hungover more like

Brightside
06-01-2020, 07:10 PM
They are charging £72 for full bar hospitality for their cup game. Is that not much cheaper than we do it?

green day
06-01-2020, 07:14 PM
They are charging £72 for full bar hospitality for their cup game. Is that not much cheaper than we do it?

Its incredibly cheap - in effect the meal and booze is £50

Their usual offering is in line with ours.

eta - there was chat that their hospitality numbers had dropped off considerably recently - I suspect this is a loss leader to try and attract the ppunters back.

06-01-2020, 07:25 PM

Makes sense to drop the price when it is the 4th round v a League 1 team.

Sammy7nil
06-01-2020, 07:29 PM

If that is a three course meal with drink it is a fantastic deal. Maybe a buffet lunch :confused:

Jack
06-01-2020, 07:30 PM

£130 odd for the derby. (Food and drink)

Brightside
06-01-2020, 07:32 PM
If that is a three course meal with drink it is a fantastic deal. Maybe a buffet lunch :confused:

2 course lunch. We appear to be £85 for a cash bar!

04Sauzee
06-01-2020, 07:38 PM
2 course lunch. We appear to be £85 for a cash bar!

Is this for Airdrie, do we charge less for non top flight games? Or do we tend to charge the same?

wallpaperman
06-01-2020, 07:44 PM
Its incredibly cheap - in effect the meal and booze is £50

Their usual offering is in line with ours.

eta - there was chat that their hospitality numbers had dropped off considerably recently - I suspect this is a loss leader to try and attract the ppunters back.

Wasn’t just chat, Budge admitted in one of her long rambling statements when their annual figures were released that projecting forward to the current financial year, both hospitality and ticket income were both down on expectations.

Not really a shock I suppose at that point, and things can hardly have picked up since then.

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2020, 07:45 PM

(Fluke).

We’ve had a couple of them over the years. They get found out eventually, although some folk do fall hook, line and sinker for it.

HoboHarry
06-01-2020, 08:17 PM
We’ve had a couple of them over the years. They get found out eventually, although some folk do fall hook, line and sinker for it.
:agree:

Cataplana
06-01-2020, 08:47 PM
He's recalled the kids. Could be the best move he can make, they will play with more spirit than the highly paid stiffs he inherited.

jacomo
06-01-2020, 08:52 PM

Except that after you’ve eaten you have to watch Hearts.

Vault Boy
06-01-2020, 09:40 PM
Berra told to find a new club. Shame that.

Stuart93
06-01-2020, 09:41 PM

The Germans certainly not ****ing about

Mind you, I’m no sure punting Berra and bringing Jack Hendry in on loan is an upgrade, I’d maybe argue he’s worse

Hibby70
06-01-2020, 09:44 PM

This could backfire on them from a team morale point.

It's getting a bit Butchery

jacomo
06-01-2020, 09:45 PM

Don’t tar all with the same brush. Yes there is (or has been) the occasional slaver, but also folk who posted bits and pieces on here in good faith and got hounded when a possible move didn’t come off for whatever reason.

we are hibs
06-01-2020, 09:46 PM
Told to train with the reserves too

Stuart93
06-01-2020, 09:47 PM

Wonder if there’s been a bit of a disagreement

Topographic Hibby
06-01-2020, 09:49 PM
Berra told to find a new club. Shame that.Fact? Or a kiwidoug ITK pile of slavers?

As you say, shame. Wanted him to stay....:rolleyes:

HoboHarry
06-01-2020, 09:50 PM

Double dose of indigestion then......

Vault Boy
06-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Fact? Or a kiwidoug ITK pile of slavers?

As you say, shame. Wanted him to stay....:rolleyes:

Reported by the red tops

green day
06-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Bring the kids (none of whom were doing exceptionally) back from loan to fight relegation.
Boot out the old guard.

He's got some nuts this guy. Good on him, it is either going to work a treat or they go down in utter flames.

I have a good feeling about which one it will be.

Topographic Hibby
06-01-2020, 09:53 PM
Reported by the red topsIn other words, journalistic slavers!!! :wink:

Bronson
06-01-2020, 09:56 PM
Berra getting the boot reminds me of butcher’s treatment of KT. He’s absolutely finished on the park now berra but you need leaders in the dressing room for a relegation fight, and he’s certainly a leader.

Hearts are going down, no doubt about it.

147lothian
06-01-2020, 10:01 PM

There's no way they'll let him go, he's been their top scorer this season.

1van Sprou7e
06-01-2020, 10:02 PM
Berra getting the boot reminds me of butcher’s treatment of KT. He’s absolutely finished on the park now berra but you need leaders in the dressing room for a relegation fight, and he’s certainly a leader.

Hearts are going down, no doubt about it.

I wish I could agree with all that but from what I've seen, Berra has shown extremely poor leadership qualities this season

I think this is only good for hearts unfortunately, unless it causes further dressing room upset

CentreLine
06-01-2020, 10:02 PM
Bring the kids (none of whom were doing exceptionally) back from loan to fight relegation.
Boot out the old guard.

He's got some nuts this guy. Good on him, it is either going to work a treat or they go down in utter flames.

I have a good feeling about which one it will be.

Same thing Berti Vogts tried with Scotland perhaps? Hope he is just as successful 🤣

HoboHarry
06-01-2020, 10:03 PM
Another wad of pay-off cash they have to find. Lovely......

Stuart93
06-01-2020, 10:05 PM
I wish I could agree with all that but from what I've seen, Berra has shown extremely poor leadership qualities this season

I think this is only good for hearts unfortunately, unless it causes further dressing room upset

Surely it’s only good if they bring in a better replacement?

1van Sprou7e
06-01-2020, 10:07 PM
Surely it’s only good if they bring in a better replacement?

He can't play Stendel's system and while it's not a guarantee guarantee, I don't think it should be difficult to get someone who can play it semi-competently

Captain Trips
06-01-2020, 10:27 PM

IMO this could be a huge mistake from Hearts totally dependent on who replaces him. Fun to watch though.

HFC93
06-01-2020, 10:36 PM
Berra is their captain and comes across as a decent guy (I know), so he's probably a popular player with the rest of the squad. I know he's baws but it seems a pretty poor way to deal with the him. Can see the Stendel saga ending in player revolt.

Barney McGrew
07-01-2020, 03:10 AM
Wonder if there’s been a bit of a disagreement

Making him train with the reserves is just a way of trying to force him out. It’s one thing telling someone they’re free to go, it’s another thing entirely getting rid of them when they’ve still got 18 month s of a lucrative contract to go.

No one is going to pay him what he’s getting now elsewhere, and at his age he might decide that it’s better for him to sit tight and just earn the money.

BTW, I believe Stendel has told Steven MacLean the same thing. And despite how the papers have portrayed it, they were not amicable conversations that were had - there will definitely be more fall out to come,

Since452
07-01-2020, 05:20 AM

Why would they punt their top scorer? 😉

Tyler Durden
07-01-2020, 05:51 AM
Whilst it’s been entertaining for us to see Berra having such a poor season, he’s nowhere near as bad as some people (both Jambos and Hibs fans) are making out.

He’s been totally hung out to dry and it’s pretty telling how quickly the Yams are happy to write him off and force him out. Joke of a club.

green day
07-01-2020, 06:53 AM
Making him train with the reserves is just a way of trying to force him out. It’s one thing telling someone they’re free to go, it’s another thing entirely getting rid of them when they’ve still got 18 month s of a lucrative contract to go.

No one is going to pay him what he’s getting now elsewhere, and at his age he might decide that it’s better for him to sit tight and just earn the money.

BTW, I believe Stendel has told Steven MacLean the same thing. And despite how the papers have portrayed it, they were not amicable conversations that were had - there will definitely be more fall out to come,

Ignoring the fact that we are having a right laugh at this, how Berra has been treated is really quite poor.

That he has slowed down is not his fault, its just his age - that Hearts gave him a decent contract is not his fault its entirely theirs.

This is like us telling SDG or Paul Hanlon to train with the kids - when actually Stendall could have pulled him to one side and said "you are not going to get much game time, if you want to find another club thats fine, if not you will be backup and perhaps help with some coaching" or something like that.

What they have done is hung out to dry a player that - in all probability - has the respect of all of their first team. He and McLean wont have been punted from their Whatsapp group so the potential for unrest just got bigger.

Budge has obviously given Stendal free reign with this high risk strategy - and if it goes breasts skywards their fans will go completely radge.

flash
07-01-2020, 06:56 AM
Whilst it’s been entertaining for us to see Berra having such a poor season, he’s nowhere near as bad as some people (both Jambos and Hibs fans) are making out.

He’s been totally hung out to dry and it’s pretty telling how quickly the Yams are happy to write him off and force him out. Joke of a club.
Just made that point on Twitter. No class whatsoever.

GloryGlory
07-01-2020, 07:11 AM

Or you can just decide to stay in hospitality and prop up the bar...:greengrin

Billy Whizz
07-01-2020, 07:44 AM
Another wad of pay-off cash they have to find. Lovely......

The average Hearts salary is £135,000k per year, Berra will be on more than that. Could cost them £200k to pay off

Brightside
07-01-2020, 07:59 AM
The average Hearts salary is £135,000k per year, Berra will be on more than that. Could cost them £200k to pay off

And he will certainly be looking for a full pay off! He’s going to struggle for a team now.

CraigHibee
07-01-2020, 08:17 AM
And he will certainly be looking for a full pay off! He’s going to struggle for a team now.

he is done as a player imo, if i was berra i would enjoy semi retirement and skin the full wage from those gorgie mutants

Waxy
07-01-2020, 08:21 AM
he is done as a player imo, if i was berra i would enjoy semi retirement and skin the full wage from those gorgie mutants

That must be his only option now.Hearts must have known this also.
Very bad decision all round from the jambos.

Bostonhibby
07-01-2020, 08:22 AM
he is done as a player imo, if i was berra i would enjoy semi retirement and skin the full wage from those gorgie mutantsYou certainly wouldn't blame him for following Levein and Nanny wage collecting for not much work.

mjhibby
07-01-2020, 09:27 AM

Bad form by stendel. Potter did the same to Gary mcswegan iirc. Unless he has been stirring it,which I doubt,then shocking way to treat a very loyal servant. They are now totally reliant on stendel which should be fun as he has a worse record than hecky. He seems stubborn and he will need to be flexible if plan a isn't working. I can see it ending in tears. Oh dear,how sad,never mind.

mjhibby
07-01-2020, 09:33 AM

Reeks of trying to save money as it's the high earners he's binning. He has no knowledge of the Scottish game so it should be fun watching him probably making the same assumptions as hecky. Wonder what potter and mcphee think of it. Should be a hoot if he can't pull clear of the bottom two.

Brightside
07-01-2020, 09:43 AM
Reeks of trying to save money as it's the high earners he's binning. He has no knowledge of the Scottish game so it should be fun watching him probably making the same assumptions as hecky. Wonder what potter and mcphee think of it. Should be a hoot if he can't pull clear of the bottom two.

You dont save money if they dont agree to rip up their contracts though. Not a chance those player are leaving without play-offs. Which ever way they skin it, it will cost them more money than expected or budgeted for.

1van Sprou7e
07-01-2020, 09:51 AM
Barry Anderson on Glen Whelan: "Refused to do a single media interview in his five months in Scotland despite every other #HMFC player taking a turn. Would have liked the chance to ask him if he really wanted to be here."

😂😂 As if that gimp has the balls to ask a Hearts player any sort of challenging questions

hibsbollah
07-01-2020, 10:09 AM
Barry Anderson on Glen Whelan: "Refused to do a single media interview in his five months in Scotland despite every other #HMFC player taking a turn. Would have liked the chance to ask him if he really wanted to be here."

😂😂 As if that gimp has the balls to ask a Hearts player any sort of challenging questions

Classy from banderson. Smearing the guy without any evidence from the player at all.

Bostonhibby
07-01-2020, 10:11 AM

[emoji23][emoji23] As if that gimp has the balls to ask a Hearts player any sort of challenging questionsPositive sounding article where he seems to have definitely wanted to be there! By one Barry Anderson here, wonder if the two are related[emoji6]

Does mention chips as well so maybe Mrs doctor Budge told them what to say.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hearts-boss-reveals-how-glenn-whelan-turned-down-fortune-pull-maroon-637976%3famp

weecounty hibby
07-01-2020, 10:13 AM
Office Jambo has confidently and with great authority told me that Berra will be at Hibs by the end of the January transfer window. I didn't even reply as it's not worth the effort.

NC1875
07-01-2020, 10:15 AM
The first line. “The 35 year old has been outstanding for the Edinburgh club ....

Hahaha

mcfly
07-01-2020, 10:24 AM
Got to laugh at them saying Berra’s away.

He must be one of the highest earners. He’s got 18 months left of a contract,

He’s going no where without that paid up.

Who’s going to leave a big contract without a pay off?? He may think they’ve treated him badly and dig his heels in for 18 months.

He won’t get those wages again anywhere else

Hibbyradge
07-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Didn't Berra and Stendal have a big fall-out after the derby?

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2020, 10:39 AM
With McPhee doing the days, and Levein the afternoons, Berra can now do the night shift.

Bostonhibby
07-01-2020, 10:41 AM
With McPhee doing the days, and Levein the afternoons, Berra can now do the night shift.Could work if it frees up more time for the boss to have PR sessions in the pub with the Duncans.

1van Sprou7e
07-01-2020, 10:45 AM
Office Jambo has confidently and with great authority told me that Berra will be at Hibs by the end of the January transfer window. I didn't even reply as it's not worth the effort.

Should do it for the patter

JeMeSouviens
07-01-2020, 10:46 AM
Didn't Berra and Stendal have a big fall-out after the derby?

Yes, think so, he was dropped for the draw of all draws v the Sheep. Dan the man seems to be falling out with all the senior players, which is exactly what you'd want to see if they're going to be in relegation trouble. :wink:

Oscar T Grouch
07-01-2020, 10:49 AM
Seems the lanky Irishman does want to come back to the wongadome

Striker Kyle Lafferty, linked with a return to Hearts, has dismissed claims he is set to continue his career abroad and says his preference is a move back to Tynecastle. (Daily Record)

07-01-2020, 11:30 AM
Seems the lanky Irishman does want to come back to the wongadome

Striker Kyle Lafferty, linked with a return to Hearts, has dismissed claims he is set to continue his career abroad and says his preference is a move back to Tynecastle. (Daily Record)

Keeping his options open. Agent punts the CV around Europe and if no interest then it'll be Hearts were always his 1st choice. If that really is the case then he'll surely be signing up well before the end of the window.

Fuzzywuzzy
07-01-2020, 11:39 AM
Was he not on £10k a week there before?

Springbank
07-01-2020, 11:42 AM
If Berra was to go to Hamilton Accies (which is a rumour I heard) can you imagine the post split Hamilton v Hearts fixture.
Squeaky bum time for Stendal's Hearts.
Hamilton get a corner.
And up from the back comes Christophe Berra...:take that

we are hibs

While i wouldnt be impressed if hibs treated a player whos given quite a bit to the club like that i think he really has been as bad as made out. He was absolutely horrific against celtic and us. Positioning was all over the place because hes so chronically slow now. And that leaves him exposed as hes always been terrible with the ball at his feet.

G B Young
Yes, think so, he was dropped for the draw of all draws v the Sheep. Dan the man seems to be falling out with all the senior players, which is exactly what you'd want to see if they're going to be in relegation trouble. :wink:

Wouldn't surprise me if Berra questioned Stendel's decision to go home for Christmas and give the players the day off before the derby. Whatever we might think of Berra he's a guy who knows a lot more than Stendel does about what the fixture means to both clubs and their fans. The fact he was dropped for the next game and we're now hearing he's been told to train with the reserves certainly inidcates a fallout. If not you'd have thought the decision to release their club captain would be more sympathetically reported.

G B Young
07-01-2020, 11:46 AM
Thinly veiled attack on Stendel by Berra:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51019416

Some wedding present from Hearts! Congratulations Christophe, you're fired!

Biggie
07-01-2020, 11:47 AM
Was he not on £10k a week there before?

There was a bit on social media yesterday about the average wages and hearts came in at £140k per year (under £3k per week)...so if he was on that (£10k per week), & assume similar for Naismith, there's a huge range of salaries going around the 1st team squad....so might do the maths and realise they are getting done up the arse whilst their teammates are raking it in...

edit....£10k a week at hearts !?!....hope they go under

G B Young
07-01-2020, 11:52 AM
Classy from banderson. Smearing the guy without any evidence from the player at all.

And the way he tries to paint the club in a good light about the Berra situation before Berra spoke out to the BBC is cringeworthy....'the club are keen to do the right thing by their captain and want to ensure his exit is as amicable as possible'. Clearly nonsense in the light of what Berra has come out with.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-captain-christophe-berra-reacts-after-being-told-he-free-leave-tynecastle-1357012

Also, the fact that the Hearts man at the Evening News is scooped by the BBC when it comes to getting Berra's side of things shows how out of touch the paper is these days. The EN used to be the place to go for the latest of Hibs and Hearts. Now it just seems to lift whatever it can find doing the rounds.

southern hibby
Was told by someone who works for hearts the Laugh erty has been in talks with hearts and will sign as long as hearts get enough of their wage bill. Was also told the Dan the man went home to Germany for personal reasons and not for a holiday. It was seemingly put on hearts web site that he went home for family issues. Not sure how much is truth and pure pants but as always wouldn’t be like an inbred to fabricate the truth.

GGTTH.

ancient hibee
Thinly veiled attack on Stendal by Berra:

That's pretty outspoken.No way he'll walk away easily.

Cataplana
07-01-2020, 11:55 AM
"but I don't think anyone represents the club better than me."

Bottom of the league, self defeating, over rated. Nice one Kris.

G B Young
07-01-2020, 11:58 AM
Was told by someone who works for hearts the Laugh erty has been in talks with hearts and will sign as long as hearts get enough of their wage bill. Was also told the Dan the man went home to Germany for personal reasons and not for a holiday. It was seemingly put on hearts web site that he went home for family issues. Not sure how much is truth and pure pants but as always wouldn’t be like an inbred to fabricate the truth.

GGTTH.

Whatever the truth of the matter it seems odd that the 'personal reasons' he claims the club were made aware of when he joined couldn't wait for a couple of days so that he could go home after the split, when he could have spent a lot longer at home. I'm actually surprised the yams weren't more hacked off than they were about him disappearing for four days before the derby. And as for giving the players Christmas day off, I'd have been far from impressed if Jack Ross had done likewise with our players - who came out the traps flying on Boxing Day compared to the leaden-footed yams.

we are hibs
07-01-2020, 12:04 PM
I know for a fact that there are several (mostly senior) hearts players really unhappy with the way hes been treated.

Hibeesmad
07-01-2020, 12:13 PM
This is going to lose Stendel the dressing room imo. Butcher written all over it.

Bobby's Cinema
07-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Recalling a couple of young boys from a mid table championship side that have lost 4 on the bounce is going to save them? haha

Deep DEEP trouble with both the OF to play in the first 4 games back.:aok::aok:

Where I disagree with the Butcher comparisons is that the guy has been entirely decisive.

With Butcher, KT was still in and out of the team. Liam Craig was captain one week and dropped the next, it was more mixed messages with him.

hibsbollah
07-01-2020, 12:26 PM
Positive sounding article where he seems to have definitely wanted to be there! By one Barry Anderson here, wonder if the two are related[emoji6]

Does mention chips as well so maybe Mrs doctor Budge told them what to say.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hearts-boss-reveals-how-glenn-whelan-turned-down-fortune-pull-maroon-637976%3famp

He likes a bit of succulent lamb, does Baz:agree:

lyonhibs
07-01-2020, 12:27 PM
This is page 62 of this thread, just to say.

weecounty hibby
07-01-2020, 12:28 PM
This is going to lose Stendel the dressing room imo. Butcher written all over it.
Again according to my office Jambo he is the next Klopp. Has all the makings of a hearts legend and will one day manage a tip top side in Europe or England. After I stopped laughing I asked him why he hasn't won a game in about the last 15, he just replied that he is only beginning to get his own team together. I asked him about why he hadn't win in ten or so games at Barnsley he said that was all down to the board not backing him. None of it Stendels fault. It really is hard to converse with a turnip!!!

1van Sprou7e
07-01-2020, 12:29 PM

This is the only thread I come on here for

Jones28
07-01-2020, 12:29 PM
“I’m not going to throw the toys out the pram” he said as reporters duck for cover.

Northernhibee
07-01-2020, 12:36 PM
This will go one or two ways - it will rip the malaise at Hearts apart and they'll finish seventh or eighth, or they'll fall apart and will be down by the split.

I hate to say it but they always seem to come up smelling of roses so I think it'll be the former.

HoboHarry
07-01-2020, 12:37 PM
“I’m not going to throw the toys out the pram” he said as reporters duck for cover.
Reporters are fine, all of the toys ended up in his own net......

I'm Spartacus
07-01-2020, 12:39 PM

He was so slow throwing them out the pram he hadn't realised the toys had been placed back in the pram.

Smartie
07-01-2020, 12:47 PM
This will go one or two ways - it will rip the malaise at Hearts apart and they'll finish seventh or eighth, or they'll fall apart and will be down by the split.

I hate to say it but they always seem to come up smelling of roses so I think it'll be the former.

I agree.

This kills them or cures them.

From Stendel's point of view he can't just come in with them bottom of the league and continue to do the same things with the same people that took them there.

When the problems are mainly with the most influential players, the highest earners, the most "in with the bricks" and with past fans' favourites, it makes it much harder for him to go for quick, easy and painless fixes.

At least in Whelan's case they've got shot of him quickly, although at what cost? Putting the boot into Berra in this way could have all sorts of consequences.

Identifying and tackling the biggest problems early and courageously though is probably the way to go, although they'll need to expect to deal with the collateral damage that results.

Deansy
07-01-2020, 12:47 PM
Thinly veiled attack on Stendel by Berra:

'I'm not going to throw the toys out the pram'

And then proceeds to throw his toys, bottle, pram-contents and eventually the whole pram at Stendel/Hearts !

GreenCastle
07-01-2020, 12:52 PM
Berra - can’t seem him going to any top tier clubs especially as would mean him playing against Hearts.

Can’t see him going down south again as he came back to Hearts to be closer to home.

Basically see him picking up wages till his contract ends or manager leaves and then new manager comes - but then you have same issue.

Either way it’s pretty funny and hilarious it’s happened to Mr Hearts.

Club showing their class once again how to treat folk.

Smartie
07-01-2020, 01:15 PM
"but I don't think anyone represents the club better than me."

Bottom of the league, self defeating, over rated. Nice one Kris.

(Alternative end to the article)

"but I don't think anyone represents the club better than me".

Pulling out of the Tynecastle car park for the last time, the furious, cardigan-clad, toothless simpleton's six-fingered hands paw at the steering wheel of the Rover through his driving gloves and salty tears as he heads home to have missionary sex with his sister (whom he married last Friday). The "defender" may not have been in the right position very often in the Jam Tarts' recent humbling at home to Hibs, but he is most certainly on the mark with this latest observation.

HoboHarry
07-01-2020, 01:21 PM

Pulling out of the Tynecastle car park for the last time, the furious, cardigan-clad, toothless simpleton's six-fingered hands paw at the steering wheel of the Rover through his driving gloves and salty tears as he heads home to have missionary sex with his sister (whom he married last Friday). The "defender" may not have been in the right position very often in the Jam Tarts' recent humbling at home to Hibs, but he is most certainly on the mark with this latest observation.
Lol - your last sentence was worthy of having been written by Tom Sharpe himself.....

Tyler Durden
07-01-2020, 02:38 PM
While i wouldnt be impressed if hibs treated a player whos given quite a bit to the club like that i think he really has been as bad as made out. He was absolutely horrific against celtic and us. Positioning was all over the place because hes so chronically slow now. And that leaves him exposed as hes always been terrible with the ball at his feet.

Oh I agree he’s been terrible but that high line they’re trying to play would make most CBs look bad. Hibs second goal (ironically coming from our own high press)..... hardly his fault when a midfielder gets robbed in his own third.

Berra can’t play that high line but they’ve nobody else who can either. They’ll keep losing plenty goals.

And the only guy who has scored a goal for them in the last few months is off to play for Japan until mid Feb I think? But the lemmings over there will be content that it’s all down to big bad Berra and money grabbing Whelan. Mugs

G B Young
07-01-2020, 02:42 PM
I agree.

This kills them or cures them.

From Stendel's point of view he can't just come in with them bottom of the league and continue to do the same things with the same people that took them there.

When the problems are mainly with the most influential players, the highest earners, the most "in with the bricks" and with past fans' favourites, it makes it much harder for him to go for quick, easy and painless fixes.

At least in Whelan's case they've got shot of him quickly, although at what cost? Putting the boot into Berra in this way could have all sorts of consequences.

Identifying and tackling the biggest problems early and courageously though is probably the way to go, although they'll need to expect to deal with the collateral damage that results.

I don't think there's anything courageous about very publicly banishing your long-serving club captain to the reserves when, as far as we know, his only offence is to have not been playing well. A bit of respect for the guy's commitment to Hearts down the years might be in order.

JeMeSouviens
07-01-2020, 02:46 PM
I don't think there's anything courageous about very publicly banishing your long-serving club captain to the reserves when, as far as we know, his only offence is to have not been playing well. A bit of respect for the guy's commitment to Hearts down the years might be in order.

There's "showing them you're tough" and then there's "acting like a dick".

Cataplana
07-01-2020, 02:51 PM

Perhaps Christophe would be part of a pro Levein clique within the squad? IIRC he was disrespectful to the new boss when he arrived.

PatHead
07-01-2020, 02:51 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Berra questioned Stendel's decision to go home for Christmas and give the players the day off before the derby. Whatever we might think of Berra he's a guy who knows a lot more than Stendel does about what the fixture means to both clubs and their fans. The fact he was dropped for the next game and we're now hearing he's been told to train with the reserves certainly inidcates a fallout. If not you'd have thought the decision to release their club captain would be more sympathetically reported.

I suspect they didn't train on Christmas Day because Heriot Watt was closed. They couldn't risk the pitch being further damaged, so gave the players the day off.

It is what big clubs that don't own their training centre do.

jacomo
07-01-2020, 02:53 PM

Strap in. As ‘the generic Hearts thread’, there is no end in sight.

A bit like the New Hearts Stand thread, as it turns out...

Peevemor
07-01-2020, 02:59 PM
Oh I agree he’s been terrible but that high line they’re trying to play would make most CBs look bad. Hibs second goal (ironically coming from our own high press)..... hardly his fault when a midfielder gets robbed in his own third.

Berra can’t play that high line but they’ve nobody else who can either. They’ll keep losing plenty goals.

And the only guy who has scored a goal for them in the last few months is off to play for Japan until mid Feb I think? But the lemmings over there will be content that it’s all down to big bad Berra and money grabbing Whelan. Mugs

He was criticised for Celtic's 2nd against them 2/3 weeks ago, but I don't know what he was meant to do alone on the halfway line as 2 Celtic players broke past him.

Bostonhibby
07-01-2020, 03:30 PM
Again according to my office Jambo he is the next Klopp. Has all the makings of a hearts legend and will one day manage a tip top side in Europe or England. After I stopped laughing I asked him why he hasn't won a game in about the last 15, he just replied that he is only beginning to get his own team together. I asked him about why he hadn't win in ten or so games at Barnsley he said that was all down to the board not backing him. None of it Stendels fault. It really is hard to converse with a turnip!!!Your office Duncan's probably talking about the top English side Barnsley, and look how well they've done since the German Rab C Nesbitt left compared to the famous.[emoji16]

hibsbollah
07-01-2020, 04:00 PM

:greengrin

G B Young
07-01-2020, 04:03 PM

Berra can't disguise his disgust at Stendel here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51026536

Not In The Know
07-01-2020, 04:07 PM

Oooft!

Seems the german Rab C didn't even have the balls to tell him face to face. i Hope Berra rinses them for every penny of his outstanding contract.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2020, 04:31 PM
Oooft!

Seems the german Rab C didn't even have the balls to tell him face to face. i Hope Berra rinses them for every penny of his outstanding contract.

Says he’s not one to hang around

hibsbollah
07-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Hes the kind of signing you can see Ross County making. Or Dundee Utd?

GlesgaeHibby
07-01-2020, 04:50 PM
Hes the kind of signing you can see Ross County making. Or Dundee Utd?

Would love it to be Dundee utd. Can you imagine the seethe of hearts getting relegated and utd with Berra getting promoted.

Bostonhibby
07-01-2020, 04:55 PM
Would love it to be Dundee utd. Can you imagine the seethe of hearts getting relegated and utd with Berra getting promoted.And Robbie replay as well [emoji16]

snedzuk
07-01-2020, 05:03 PM

42 seconds in I thought that buggy thing was going to take him out.

Since452
07-01-2020, 05:15 PM

Ouch. Actually quite like Berra. One of those Hearts players I have a bit of time for

G B Young
07-01-2020, 05:35 PM

:greengrin I thought that too. Wonder if it's club officials racing to try and stop him speaking to the media then thinking better of it. Or maybe it's Levein arriving for his afternoon shift...

It's definitely an 'off radar' interview. You don't normally see players agreeing to that sort of 'doorstepping' by journalists. Usually all strictly controlled by the club.

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2020, 05:48 PM
I’m going to stick my neck out and I know it’s early days so it could come back to bite me - but Stendel is better than Cathro

Joe6-2
07-01-2020, 05:52 PM

It’s been taken out!!!!

HoboHarry
07-01-2020, 05:53 PM
I’m going to stick my neck out and I know it’s early days so it could come back to bite me - but Stendel is better than Cathro
Outwith his spell at Hearts Cathro has done very well and appears to be be very highly regarded.....

Bostonhibby
07-01-2020, 06:00 PM
Outwith his spell at Hearts Cathro has done very well and appears to be be very highly regarded.....There's definitely something foul stagnating at Hearts and even if he is only doing the backshift the stench is definitely having an enduring effect.

Managers come and go but directors of football/ sporting directors full or part time bring a lot to Mrs doctor Budge's party, long may it continue.

Bronson
07-01-2020, 06:15 PM

I almost feel quite sorry him, always thought he seemed a relatively decent bloke.

That being said, going on camera straight away while still at the club and airing dirty laundry was probably not very wise.

JohnMcM
07-01-2020, 06:20 PM
Would love it to be Dundee utd. Can you imagine the seethe of hearts getting relegated and utd with Berra getting promoted.

Please,,,,,,,,,, Karma, God, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and Santa, if any of you are still alive and real - make this happen.:greengrin

WoreTheGreen
07-01-2020, 06:24 PM
Would love to know who’s in the golf buggy who scratched to a halt mid interview Potter? It’s like Austin Powers movie

Since452
07-01-2020, 06:24 PM
This post from Kickback made me chuckle..

Gashauskis9 Gashauskis9
Posted 36 minutes ago
Took us years to get a manager with a winning mentality. I’m enjoying this.

Winning mentality but gone 16 games without winning 😂

hibsbollah
07-01-2020, 06:29 PM
:greengrin I thought that too. Wonder if it's club officials racing to try and stop him speaking to the media then thinking better of it. Or maybe it's Levein arriving for his afternoon shift...

It's definitely an 'off radar' interview. You don't normally see players agreeing to that sort of 'doorstepping' by journalists. Usually all strictly controlled by the club.

It's the back entrance of the Oriam. The green fabric behind him is the pitch where they normally train. Very unusual to have an interview with press there I would have thought.

Aldo
07-01-2020, 06:35 PM
This post from Kickback made me chuckle..

Gashauskis9 Gashauskis9
Posted 36 minutes ago
Took us years to get a manager with a winning mentality. I’m enjoying this.

Winning mentality but gone 16 games without winning [emoji23]

Now now they tried really hard and got a valiant draw in their last game..... that would feel like a victory??

Onion
07-01-2020, 06:39 PM
I almost feel quite sorry him, always thought he seemed a relatively decent bloke.

That being said, going on camera straight away while still at the club and airing dirty laundry was probably not very wise.

Highly unusual but maybe that's what players from really really BIG clubs do, or just Hearts class ? Whatever, it's ******g hilarious. They think nothing of eating their own in their sad and obsessed desperation to compete with Hibernian.

Chuck everyone and everything under the bus and put blind faith in some unknown foreigner. :greengrin

lord bunberry
07-01-2020, 07:16 PM
He certainly has a better grasp of English.

Hibs4185
07-01-2020, 07:31 PM
That club is rotten from the top down. If hibs treated Big Daz or someone similar like that I’d be disgusted with the club.

Hope they get everything they deserve and go down.

Since452
07-01-2020, 07:41 PM
That club is rotten from the top down. If hibs treated Big Daz or someone similar like that I’d be disgusted with the club.

Hope they get everything they deserve and go down.

Yup. Rediculous way to treat the club captain

jacomo
07-01-2020, 07:55 PM
Outwith his spell at Hearts Cathro has done very well and appears to be be very highly regarded.....

That’s because he’s suited to being part of a team, not the leader of the team.

HoboHarry
07-01-2020, 08:23 PM
That’s because he’s suited to being part of a team, not the leader of the team.
Perhaps, but it would be difficult to shine anywhere with that bam Craig Levein hanging around and I wouldn't judge anyone working in those circumstances. The clusterfeck they are currently in gives credence to that.......

G B Young
07-01-2020, 09:48 PM
Highly unusual but maybe that's what players from really really BIG clubs do, or just Hearts class ? Whatever, it's ******g hilarious. They think nothing of eating their own in their sad and obsessed desperation to compete with Hibernian.

Chuck everyone and everything under the bus and put blind faith in some unknown foreigner. :greengrin

Indeed. What happened to the grand vision of a conveyer belt of young managerial talent overseen by Levein? They got luckier than they realised with Neilson (whose departure due almost entirely to losing a cup tie to Hibs looks ever more absurd) and it's been downhill ever since. Now the whole plan appears to have been ripped up and replaced by, as you say, blind faith. But not without a crippling legacy of millions wasted on dud signings, two former managers retained as co-directors of football and an unfinished main stand which is £10 million over budget. But at least Budge is a top businesswoman eh?

HFCdeb
07-01-2020, 10:21 PM

The BBC are in filming their every move for the documentary they're making so it's no surprise they're the ones he's speaking to.

oneone73
07-01-2020, 10:30 PM
The BBC are in filming their every move for the documentary they're making so it's no surprise they're the ones he's speaking to.

Highly doubt it's the BBC making this doco. It'll be an independent production company commissioned by the BBC - cf the series The Papers recently screened on BBC 1 Scotland.

FilipinoHibs
08-01-2020, 02:11 AM
Highly doubt it's the BBC making this doco. It'll be an independent production company commissioned by the BBC - cf the series The Papers recently screened on BBC 1 Scotland.

I hear the working title is: "Implosion".

HFCdeb
08-01-2020, 05:35 AM

Looks like a combo of both. Either way, the Jambos greetin about Berra "running to the press" is hilarious when they've invited them in with open arms to film behind the scenes.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/inside-tynecastle-documentary

Cataplana
08-01-2020, 06:27 AM

They were on the spot, did the interview, and will have sold it to BBC news.

jacomo
08-01-2020, 07:06 AM
I hear the working title is: "Implosion".

I prefer Budge’s suggested title: “Magnificent”.

PatHead
08-01-2020, 07:30 AM

How about "Heart of Relegation"?

Since452
08-01-2020, 07:54 AM
How about "Heart of Relegation"?

"Escape From Victory"

CraigHibee
08-01-2020, 08:00 AM
"Escape From Victory"

"Hearts, the titanic chronicles"

jacomo
08-01-2020, 08:03 AM
"Escape From Victory"

“I got 99 problems but the pitch ain’t one.”

“In the first episode... a decision to host a concert at Tynecastle causes big problems for the newly installed £1m pitch.”

FilipinoHibs
08-01-2020, 08:07 AM

Magnificent Implosion!

Waxy
08-01-2020, 08:24 AM
“I got 99 problems but the pitch ain’t one.”

“In the first episode... a decision to host a concert at Tynecastle causes big problems for the newly installed £1m pitch.”

99 problems and the pitch is one.

JeMeSouviens
08-01-2020, 08:34 AM
99 problems and the pitch is one.

:top marks

JeMeSouviens
08-01-2020, 08:39 AM
Perhaps, but it would be difficult to shine anywhere with that bam Craig Levein hanging around and I wouldn't judge anyone working in those circumstances. The clusterfeck they are currently in gives credence to that.......

Don't think Cathro got much say in recruitment either - it was here's a shedload of dross provided by my mate John Colquhoun - so he was saddled with the likes of Malaury Martin etc. We can only dream that their current window of recruitment follows a similar pattern. :pray:

bingo70
08-01-2020, 08:44 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/glenn-whelan-opens-hearts-exit-and-daniel-stendel-treatment-he-brands-club-amateurish-1358213

Glenn Whelan having a right pop at Hearts and Stendel here.

Brilliant.

Peevemor
08-01-2020, 08:53 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/glenn-whelan-opens-hearts-exit-and-daniel-stendel-treatment-he-brands-club-amateurish-1358213

Brilliant.

Sounds like Stendel doesn't have the balls to have awkward face-to-face talks with players (Berra & Whelan). Is he going to hide in his office as the going gets tougher?

Gmack7
08-01-2020, 08:54 AM

Brilliant.
A good insight to how things are done down tiny way

Bostonhibby
08-01-2020, 08:58 AM

Brilliant.Just shoddy, it's only a few months ago Mrs doctor Budge ordered Banderson to run an article saying Whelan had turned down big money offers to play for the famous.

Stendels handling of the guy is a sign of a poor leadership style in my view, especially when you look at what Berra is saying.

Can't be good for existing morale.

Nearly said it creates a bad impression of the club itself then I remembered the megastand, the pitch, the money, their league position, the plaza, the glass curtain, the castle "view", the al fresco press boxes and the administration event.

bingo70
08-01-2020, 09:02 AM
Sounds like Stendel doesn't have the balls to have awkward face-to-face talks with players (Berra & Whelan). Is he going to hide in his office as the going gets tougher?

Will probably just go on holiday again.

Do situations like these ever end well for the club involved? If the guy is a dick the guy is a dick, you don’t just turn these things on and off because you don’t like a certain player. Imo the players will soon see through people like that, if they haven’t already.

I went on about it after we beat them but giving the players the day off before the Derby was mental and it won’t have gone down well with the players, especially the experienced ones, they’ll have known fine well they should have been in that day. The fact they then lost the derby ruined any credibility the guy had IMO.

The Captain....
08-01-2020, 09:04 AM
The willful, logic defying support of a manager who is presiding over a shambolic first half a dozen weeks in charge would be mystifying if it wasnt our fore lock tugging neighbours involved.

This is a man who has failed to even fluke a win in 16 games of football..an absolutely remarkable stat. Yet he saw fit to take a holiday before a home derby match while leaving selection decisions to be communicated in a what's app chat like some Sunday league amateurs.

I bet there is a few twitchy erseholes in that Hearts boardroom..they must dread the next cluster**** being aired in the national press and wider afield. The rumours about the senior pros downing tools after Berra's treatment will be difficult to judge as they couldn't play obviously more poorly..they've been that **** all season.

The whole structure at that club seems rotten tho..the managerial problems are just another pleasing symptom.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
08-01-2020, 09:05 AM

Brilliant.

There are other players still at the club seriously unhappy at the way both berra and whelan have been treated. This isnt something that will be fixed with new signings.

bingo70
08-01-2020, 09:08 AM
There are other players still at the club seriously unhappy at the way both berra and whelan have been treated. This isnt something that will be fixed with new signings.

Certainly not in January which isn’t a time for wholesale changes.

Thing is, if he was making a stand against bad eggs who were a disruptive influence on the changing room then he’d probably get respect for it, sounds to me like he’s done it to the wrong people though, in terms of morale in the changing room anyway.

Since452
08-01-2020, 09:13 AM
I think Whelan would be good in a better team. He was up against it playing with huddys like Clare and Bozanic

Peevemor
08-01-2020, 09:15 AM
I think Whelan would be good in a better team. He was up against it playing with huddys like Clare and Bozanic

I've just started a thread on this - I'm only half joking.

banchoryhibs
08-01-2020, 09:48 AM

Brilliant.

A mate who is apparently in the know over there says that "Strudel" has very little English and has motivational skills compared to Stalin. I just wonder if he's doing a spectacular Terry Butcher job.

When Butcher arrived to us he had a reasonable points cushion and still managed to relegate us. They don't have that luxury.

GreenCastle
08-01-2020, 09:49 AM

Brilliant.

Hahaha..

What a club. Even when they aren’t playing games they can’t seem to help themselves.

Shambles FC delivers again.

The guy who never speaks to the media - speaks to the media and explains what a shambles Hearts are.

Next few months are going to be hilarious with the fall out and ideally relegation being icing on the cake.

bingo70
08-01-2020, 09:52 AM
A mate who is apparently in the know over there says that "Strudel" has very little English and has motivational skills compared to Stalin. I just wonder if he's doing a spectacular Terry Butcher job.

When Butcher arrived to us he had a reasonable points cushion and still managed to relegate us. They don't have that luxury.

I really think it’ll come down to the Ross County game, lose that and they’re ****ed.

One of the many problems they have is that they seem to think getting rid of Berra and Whelan is a solution, it’s really not, replacing them is the solution. Signing good players in January really isn’t that easy and its even more difficult to find leaders in the changing room on 6 month loan deals.

Onceinawhile
08-01-2020, 09:53 AM
Looks like muleaney and whighton also training with the reserves.

Unreal they actually spent cash on those two!!

Oscar T Grouch
08-01-2020, 09:56 AM

To be fair to Stalin, "do what I say or I will kill you" is pretty motivating :greengrin Not sure it will work at a modern 'big' football club though

jacomo
08-01-2020, 10:27 AM
To be fair to Stalin, "do what I say or I will kill you" is pretty motivating :greengrin Not sure it will work at a modern 'big' football club though

And whatever else you say about him, Stalin was pretty famous.

Hearts must be delighted at all this coverage they are getting. Hopefully the Japanese media will pick up these stories for one of their key markets.

Since452
08-01-2020, 10:29 AM
And whatever else you say about him, Stalin was pretty famous.

Hearts must be delighted at all this coverage they are getting. Hopefully the Japanese media will pick up these stories for one of their key markets.

Not so sure. With the Iran saga and the Australian fire disaster the big team are only 3rd in the world news

Treadstone
08-01-2020, 10:55 AM
Banderson better watch himself or Whelan will not consent to his double page interview pieces of yams that contributed little and left ages ago.

tamig
08-01-2020, 11:57 AM
Looks like muleaney and whighton also training with the reserves.

Unreal they actually spent cash on those two!!

Wighton was a strange signing but Mulraney has looked pretty good in some of the fleeting glimpses I’ve had of him on the telly.

Before the Berra and Whelan interviews I thought Stendel would get them out of trouble. Now I don't, bet duly placed.

Biggie
Can I Just say this is superb reading.....

Cataplana
08-01-2020, 12:00 PM
"We didnt want the tunnel in the centre of the pitch, it's off centre so the home dugout is centred, giving our management team the best possible view. "

Innovative as usual.

Springbank
08-01-2020, 12:08 PM
"We didnt want the tunnel in the centre of the pitch, it's off centre so the home dugout is centred, giving our management team the best possible view. "

Innovative as usual.

The great thing about having a perfect view of your relegation-threatened team is that it takes away the fear of having a slightly-off-centre view of your honking relegation-threatened team...

Cataplana
08-01-2020, 12:16 PM
The great thing about having a perfect view of your relegation-threatened team is that it takes away the fear of having a slightly-off-centre view of your honking relegation-threatened team...

One day, all clubs will place their dug out on the centre line. Lots of people have said it's the way ahead, and the best way to do things.

08-01-2020, 12:29 PM
Hearts are utterly tinpot and have been for decades.

matty_f
08-01-2020, 12:30 PM

Innovative as usual.

"in a bid to improve supporter fitness, we built a set of stairs that led to a brick wall. Any supporter making the initial climb to the top of the stairs will be forced to climb back down the stairs, thus doubling the exercise required. You can thank us later."

MikeyS
08-01-2020, 12:32 PM

Jerry Butcher is in full swing over there. Pleasing!

JeMeSouviens
08-01-2020, 12:35 PM
Wighton was a strange signing but Mulraney has looked pretty good in some of the fleeting glimpses I’ve had of him on the telly.

He has, but he's getting worse/less interested every time I see him. He was pish in the derby.

bigwheel
08-01-2020, 12:36 PM

His interviews show his English is fine...not perfect. But more than adequate

Smartie
08-01-2020, 12:59 PM
Jerry Butcher is in full swing over there. Pleasing!

That’s a quite magnificent nickname you’ve come up with there.

MikeyS
08-01-2020, 01:04 PM
That’s a quite magnificent nickname you’ve come up with there.

Not mines unfortunately mate, saw it on Twitter and it was too good not to use again. Really hope it sticks!

Kaff
08-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Aidan Fitzmaurice

January 7 2020 23:30 PM

Way up in Edinburgh, 200 miles from his Manchester base, there is an apartment full of his things which Glenn Whelan needs to clear out.

The eight-hour round trip is the least of his worries right now as Whelan, probably Ireland’s best player in 2019, is a man without a club.

He doesn’t need a bed in the Scottish capital any more as his recent employers, Hearts, have decided they don’t need Whelan.

The divorce came through yesterday, a 35-word statement from the SPL club confirming that Whelan had left “by mutual agreement”, the player asking to be relieved of his contractual duties.

Devoting to him a mere two words for every game he played for the club says more than the last line of that statement: “The club wishes Glenn well in the future”.

undefined
Hearts manager Daniel Stendel
Whelan had high hopes for himself, and the club, when he joined Hearts in the summer from Aston Villa.

Offers from sunnier spots in the far east were rejected as Mick McCarthy had told Whelan he needed to be playing at a high level to stay in the Irish squad. Bali could wait.

But halfway through his one-year deal, his time is up, and Whelan is sore about how it all happened, his demise coming with the arrival last month of new manager Daniel Stendel.

"I do feel let down. The way my name is out there now it feels like I have been thrown under a bus," he told Independent.ie.

"There are a lot of players at Hearts who have not been fit, I have tried my best with the quality that is around us and if that wasn’t good enough, it was certainly not my fault."

poster

ARCHIVE VIDEO: Glenn Whelan made this young Irish fan's dream come true after France Euro 2016 game

00:00

00:46

480p
480p
360p high
360p low

Share this video

Craig Levein, who signed Whelan in the summer, was sacked in October after a poor run left Hearts deep in relegation trouble.

A six-game run under a caretaker offered no relief and in mid-December Hearts brought in German coach Stendel.

And from the off, there was trouble for Whelan.

undefined
Glenn Whelan injured his hamstring while playing for Hearts in a Scottish League Cup semi-final. Photo: Stephen McCarthy/Sportsfile
"When the new manager came in, the first person he spoke to was me. He was already having a bit of a go," he says.

"My reaction was, you have just walked in the door, you’ve not seen anything.

"In training, I think he did things to show the other players, especially the younger players, that he was the boss, he was nit-picking with things I was doing in training."

Whelan did start in the new manager’s first game, at home to St Johnstone.

"We conceded a late set-piece and lost the game 1-0, but I think I did OK. And then he dropped me for the next game, Celtic at home," he recalls.

"I wasn’t going around the place grumpy or banging down his door. I kept my head down and trained hard, I did all that was asked of me, I was professional.

"If you ask any Hearts fan who had seen our games, I’d like to think they’d say I was willing, trying.

"I played eight home games and got five man-of-the match awards.

"Results weren’t great and form had dipped, some of the lads their heads dropped, but I don’t think I played badly.

"We played Celtic at home, we were 2-0 down at half-time when he brought me on. After the game he had a pop at me. We were 2-0 down when I came on and we lost 2-0, how can that be my fault?" Whelan asked his boss.

Within days, Stendel had a pop at Whelan in the media. He said the experienced players such as Whelan "cannot handle the situation at the moment."

Asked if Whelan had leadership qualities, he said: "A real leader in the centre of the pitch? Sorry. Maybe I missed it." Ouch.

On Christmas Day, eve of their derby with Hibs, Whelan was hit with a real blow.

"At 9.10pm on Christmas night there was a message in the players' group chat, that they only wanted 18 players in the squad for the next day. And I wasn't in it, that was the first I knew," he says.

undefined
Aston Villa's Conor Hourihane, Henri Lansbury and Glenn Whelan celebrate after winning yesterday's Championship play-off final at Wembley. Photo: Reuters/Ed Sykes
"So they played Hibs on St Stephen’s Day and I wasn't involved. I had the kids up there with me, I was more than happy to go and be part of the game.

"Things were being said about me, that I didn’t fancy it, I was laying down the tools. No way was that the case on my part.

"I don’t think he was watching the games if the manager felt like that.

"My form was good for the last few months but the manager came in and wanted to show his power, show the other players that he’s the boss, he’s the main man."

Worse was to come on the day after the derby.

"I went in to train on the 27th, there were two groups: a recovery group of the lads who had played and another group of players who hadn’t played and those not in the squad. I wasn't in either group. My name wasn't even on the sheet," he says.

"I went to the manager to try and have a word.

"He was watching videos of the Hibs game and said he didn’t have time to speak to me.

"I went to the gym, did a bit of work on my own, got showered and went back to my apartment. That was the last of it for me at Hearts."

His treatment by the manager hurt.

"I can’t accept him coming out and questioning my leadership skills or saying I didn’t do the job, I did the job he asked," he says.

But, whatever about being dropped, Whelan feels let down by how the club treated an employee in the days after.

"They call themselves a professional football club, but I never heard anything from anyone at Hearts," he says.

"On Monday night, I got an email from someone at the club with the contract details, asking me to sign so we could go our separate ways.

"I didn’t ask for any money, I was happy to just go. But it was all very amateurish from their side.

"When I left Villa, they went on to the Premier League and I class that as a success, I’d class my time at Stoke as a success.

"New managers can come in with new ideas, that’s football, but to be let down the way I was and be treated the way I was, with no one at Hearts having the decency to speak to me or give me a call: that’s disappointing."

Copied that off JKB
Full interview from Irish Independent (I think)

Gypsy King
08-01-2020, 02:31 PM
Hilarious reading all this - they are in absolute turmoil and its only getting worse.

What is it they say? Satisficao, Pleasing etc

Hearts are going Down

Uche uche uche uche nananana

Kaff
08-01-2020, 03:17 PM
Whereas the Whelan press piece is definitely that of a disgruntled player venting anger at publicly being accused of not pulling his weight the Berra one is interesting as its a TV piece done at Oriam/Riccarton after training or similar, my thinking is its the TV crew doing their 'documentary' and sold it to the BBC, who have commissioned the documentary.
This may well be standard after training or matches that they would pull over a player, particularly the captain, for a quick chat about things. Berra may have thought this would be a piece for the documentary but all of a sudden its all over the news, supporters are calling him out for it and the club are looking as though they have treated a loyal servant to the club badly. Dr Budge and the documentary creating another sh#tstorm haha, it's one laugh after another

Since452
08-01-2020, 03:22 PM
Berra and Wheelan going through Stendel says a lot. Can't recall players publicly having a go at a manager like that before up here. Almost unheard of. From the outside looking in his treatment of Berra looks odd to say the least and the Whelan one seems to have been handled just as poorly. Interesting to see if it has a positive or negative impact on the team. By all accounts Berra was well respected and well liked by the players. Just a strange club.

lapsedhibee
08-01-2020, 03:25 PM
Aidan Fitzmaurice

January 7 2020 23:30 PM

Way up in Edinburgh, 200 miles from his Manchester base, there is an apartment full of his things which Glenn Whelan needs to clear out.

The eight-hour round trip is the least of his worries right now as Whelan, probably Ireland’s best player in 2019, is a man without a club.

He doesn’t need a bed in the Scottish capital any more as his recent employers, Hearts, have decided they don’t need Whelan.

The divorce came through yesterday, a 35-word statement from the SPL club confirming that Whelan had left “by mutual agreement”, the player asking to be relieved of his contractual duties.

Devoting to him a mere two words for every game he played for the club says more than the last line of that statement: “The club wishes Glenn well in the future”.

undefined
Hearts manager Daniel Stendel
Whelan had high hopes for himself, and the club, when he joined Hearts in the summer from Aston Villa.

Offers from sunnier spots in the far east were rejected as Mick McCarthy had told Whelan he needed to be playing at a high level to stay in the Irish squad. Bali could wait.

But halfway through his one-year deal, his time is up, and Whelan is sore about how it all happened, his demise coming with the arrival last month of new manager Daniel Stendel.

"I do feel let down. The way my name is out there now it feels like I have been thrown under a bus," he told Independent.ie.

"There are a lot of players at Hearts who have not been fit, I have tried my best with the quality that is around us and if that wasn’t good enough, it was certainly not my fault."

poster

ARCHIVE VIDEO: Glenn Whelan made this young Irish fan's dream come true after France Euro 2016 game

00:00

00:46

480p
480p
360p high
360p low

Share this video

Craig Levein, who signed Whelan in the summer, was sacked in October after a poor run left Hearts deep in relegation trouble.

A six-game run under a caretaker offered no relief and in mid-December Hearts brought in German coach Stendel.

And from the off, there was trouble for Whelan.

undefined
Glenn Whelan injured his hamstring while playing for Hearts in a Scottish League Cup semi-final. Photo: Stephen McCarthy/Sportsfile
"When the new manager came in, the first person he spoke to was me. He was already having a bit of a go," he says.

"My reaction was, you have just walked in the door, you’ve not seen anything.

"In training, I think he did things to show the other players, especially the younger players, that he was the boss, he was nit-picking with things I was doing in training."

Whelan did start in the new manager’s first game, at home to St Johnstone.

"We conceded a late set-piece and lost the game 1-0, but I think I did OK. And then he dropped me for the next game, Celtic at home," he recalls.

"I wasn’t going around the place grumpy or banging down his door. I kept my head down and trained hard, I did all that was asked of me, I was professional.

"If you ask any Hearts fan who had seen our games, I’d like to think they’d say I was willing, trying.

"I played eight home games and got five man-of-the match awards.

"Results weren’t great and form had dipped, some of the lads their heads dropped, but I don’t think I played badly.

"We played Celtic at home, we were 2-0 down at half-time when he brought me on. After the game he had a pop at me. We were 2-0 down when I came on and we lost 2-0, how can that be my fault?" Whelan asked his boss.

Within days, Stendel had a pop at Whelan in the media. He said the experienced players such as Whelan "cannot handle the situation at the moment."

Asked if Whelan had leadership qualities, he said: "A real leader in the centre of the pitch? Sorry. Maybe I missed it." Ouch.

On Christmas Day, eve of their derby with Hibs, Whelan was hit with a real blow.

"At 9.10pm on Christmas night there was a message in the players' group chat, that they only wanted 18 players in the squad for the next day. And I wasn't in it, that was the first I knew," he says.

undefined
Aston Villa's Conor Hourihane, Henri Lansbury and Glenn Whelan celebrate after winning yesterday's Championship play-off final at Wembley. Photo: Reuters/Ed Sykes
"So they played Hibs on St Stephen’s Day and I wasn't involved. I had the kids up there with me, I was more than happy to go and be part of the game.

"Things were being said about me, that I didn’t fancy it, I was laying down the tools. No way was that the case on my part.

"I don’t think he was watching the games if the manager felt like that.

"My form was good for the last few months but the manager came in and wanted to show his power, show the other players that he’s the boss, he’s the main man."

Worse was to come on the day after the derby.

"I went in to train on the 27th, there were two groups: a recovery group of the lads who had played and another group of players who hadn’t played and those not in the squad. I wasn't in either group. My name wasn't even on the sheet," he says.

"I went to the manager to try and have a word.

"He was watching videos of the Hibs game and said he didn’t have time to speak to me.

"I went to the gym, did a bit of work on my own, got showered and went back to my apartment. That was the last of it for me at Hearts."

His treatment by the manager hurt.

"I can’t accept him coming out and questioning my leadership skills or saying I didn’t do the job, I did the job he asked," he says.

But, whatever about being dropped, Whelan feels let down by how the club treated an employee in the days after.

"They call themselves a professional football club, but I never heard anything from anyone at Hearts," he says.

"On Monday night, I got an email from someone at the club with the contract details, asking me to sign so we could go our separate ways.

"I didn’t ask for any money, I was happy to just go. But it was all very amateurish from their side.

"When I left Villa, they went on to the Premier League and I class that as a success, I’d class my time at Stoke as a success.

"New managers can come in with new ideas, that’s football, but to be let down the way I was and be treated the way I was, with no one at Hearts having the decency to speak to me or give me a call: that’s disappointing."

Copied that off JKB
Full interview from Irish Independent (I think)
No mention of being racially abused by fans, so looks like he got off lightly during his time in The Cauldron.

davhibby
08-01-2020, 03:26 PM
I don’t think getting rid of Whelan would have been much of an issue but Berra is a different story. You’d imagine he’ll be quite a well liked figure in the dressing room and seems like a very similar issue to the one we had with McPake when we got relegated

Since452
08-01-2020, 03:30 PM
I don’t think getting rid of Whelan would have been much of an issue but Berra is a different story. You’d imagine he’ll be quite a well liked figure in the dressing room and seems like a very similar issue to the one we had with McPake when we got relegated

Screams of McPake and KT

CloudSquall
08-01-2020, 03:33 PM
I don't see what the problem is, the 1 all draw Vs Aberdeen saw a heroic performance not witnessed since "are boys" took back the Falklands from the Argies and dare I say even McCraes batallion would have been in awe of what was on display at Tynecastle that special day.

If Budge wants to make up the short fall on the stand I hope she shows some more saavy business by releasing a DVD of that glorious day.

matty_f
08-01-2020, 03:36 PM
I can't believe that Hearts, with Budge and Potter there, would feel that it was appropriate to treat Berra and Whelan like that, Berra especially. You would have thought one of them would have had a word with Jerry Butcher to say "hold on a minute, that's not really on..." But then I remember it's Hearts and I do believe it.

The Captain....
08-01-2020, 03:41 PM
Kickback is absolute comedy gold at the moment. They're talking about planning a German flag waving frenzy in the Wheatfield to show the media they are behind Stendel (I kid you not). I suppose it will make a change from them waving the white flag at the PBS. The delusion on there is actually frightening.

Long may Queen Ann and Stendel the Jakeball reign.

HoboHarry
08-01-2020, 03:45 PM
I can't believe that Hearts, with Budge and Potter there, would feel that it was appropriate to treat Berra and Whelan like that, Berra especially. You would have thought one of them would have had a word with Jerry Butcher to say "hold on a minute, that's not really on..." But then I remember it's Hearts and I do believe it.
That's where I'm at - I'm really struggling to imagine Ann Budge thinking that was a fair way to treat employees and she must be desperate to save cash if she's allowing that. CL not so much, I doubt he has any influence with the new Deutscher landstreicher in town.......

bingo70
08-01-2020, 03:59 PM

Hearts fans I know seem to be missing the point completely.

Getting rid of two players who haven’t been performing well is absolutely fine.

Doing it in such an unprofessional way isn’t.

Out of all the comments on Twitter, Facebook and from speaking to people none of them seem to be grasping that at all.

If the manager is a dick, he will struggle to get the players to play for him, especially when his credibility is completely shot to pieces after the Christmas Day debacle.

matty_f
08-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Hearts fans I know seem to be missing the point completely.

Getting rid of two players who haven’t been performing well is absolutely fine.

Doing it in such an unprofessional way isn’t.

Out of all the comments on Twitter, Facebook and from speaking to people none of them seem to be grasping that at all.

If the manager is a dick, he will struggle to get the players to play for him, especially when his credibility is completely shot to pieces after the Christmas Day debacle.

Exactly, what would have been wrong with the manager meeting the players and explaining that they weren't in his plans and he was going to try and move them on?

A bit of common courtesy goes a long way. Anyone who's been in football for any length of time will know how it works, you can let players go without being a total tool about it.

Bostonhibby
08-01-2020, 04:26 PM
Exactly, what would have been wrong with the manager meeting the players and explaining that they weren't in his plans and he was going to try and move them on?

A bit of common courtesy goes a long way. Anyone who's been in football for any length of time will know how it works, you can let players go without being a total tool about it.

Common courtesy or similar isn't even on their radar, these are the people who stiffed causes they also glory in without a backwards glance.

Football equivalent of Frank Gallagher from Shameless.

Barman Stanton
08-01-2020, 04:28 PM
The Berra one is a strange one. He is one of their Scottish Cup winners. Amazing how much the fans are sticking up for a manager they had never even heard of a few months ago. I personally would be gutted if we treated the likes of Paul Hanlon like this.

But the Hearts fans are desperate. They know that Stendel is the last throw of the dice and if it doesn’t work they are relegated.

Billy Whizz
08-01-2020, 04:31 PM

Think Budge is away on hols at the moment

grunt
08-01-2020, 04:34 PM

That is even funnier. "Look after the place while I'm away, Dan, will you? Try not to wreck the place."

Waxy
08-01-2020, 04:36 PM
I guess it doesnt matter to them if they get relegated because it will never take away that draw with Aberdeen.
Nothing can take that away now

04Sauzee
08-01-2020, 04:38 PM

Think i read something similar, only Hearts eh

Real Emerald
08-01-2020, 04:40 PM
The Berra one is a strange one. He is one of their Scottish Cup winners. Amazing how much the fans are sticking up for a manager they had never even heard of a few months ago. I personally would be gutted if we treated the likes of Paul Hanlon like this.

But the Hearts fans are desperate. They know that Stendel is the last throw of the dice and if it doesn’t work they are relegated.

Totally agree, the majority of them are right on the guys case. Maybe Berra should be dropped and let go as he does seem a bit passed it but the bile getting spewed out against him is crazy. The new manager’s just in the door, very little management experience, no idea about Scottish football and has taken one point from five games. As you say 95% of them probably never heard of Stendel a few months back but he gets overwhelming backing for rubbishing and humiliating their current captain and top servant of the club. Desperate and deluded doesn’t even start to describe them. Hope they go down.

truehibernian
08-01-2020, 04:44 PM

What's even more astonishing is the leeway they are giving Stendel and this siege mentality going on amongst them that the whole if Scottish football is conspiring against them. He has come into a club who have overspent on a main stand to the tune of millions, still have a previous coaching team milling around, have senior players who don't rate the guy on first impressions, have lost 4 and drawn 1 in their last 5 - yet a 'spirited showing' v Celtic in defeat seems to have convinced them all he's the German Pep Guardiola, and are rooted to the bottom of the league - and were pumped at home in a home derby :greengrin

To not even sit their club captain down and fully explain the reasoning for his omission and imminent departure, and for players to be informed of their position via a players' social media group page is embarrassing and amateur in the extreme.

And this 'gegenpressing' nonsense - you'd think chasing to get a football back was a novel concept in sport the way they are banging on about it. Total spin and rhetoric and their media jumping on a Klopp-esque coaching manual. It's what good teams and players do (and should do) instinctively and without being told (closing down, pressing, winning possession back).

They are all in the 'too big to go down' mindset and teams like Hamilton (as we know) and County, etc. are not going to lie down and let them play - they are used to being in the predicament of relegation and trying to achieve safety. This is a whole new football environment for them and their players. And whilst it's not new to have players training with reserves to try and convince them to leave, it's extremely divisive especially when said players have good relationships with other first team players.

Be interesting if the BBC (Sportsound) have John Rankin on again and ask him his PFA opinion on how players are being treated :cb

I'm just glad we have the senior management team we do and a new manager who looks and talks like he knows what he is doing. And who has the measure of Stendel :greengrin:aok:

Since452
08-01-2020, 04:45 PM
Kickback is absolute comedy gold at the moment. They're talking about planning a German flag waving frenzy in the Wheatfield to show the media they are behind Stendel (I kid you not). I suppose it will make a change from them waving the white flag at the PBS. The delusion on there is actually frightening.

They are the most delusional fans in world football.

Billy Whizz
08-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Think i read something similar, only Hearts eh

It is the winter break

Bostonhibby
08-01-2020, 04:51 PM
That is even funnier. "Look after the place while I'm away, Dan, will you? Try not to wreck the place."Just leave the keys under the plant pot on the plaza. Craig will open up in the evening.

08-01-2020, 05:03 PM
They've got 2 Sporting Directors at the moment, surely one of them could have told Whelan to his face he was not in Stendel's plans. Did they not say a few weeks back that Levein and MacPhee would be dealing with the ins and outs?

hibbyfraelibby
08-01-2020, 05:13 PM

Innovative as usual.

You do realise the Easter Road tunnel is also slightly off set...they're just following the fashions we set

Jack Hackett
08-01-2020, 05:31 PM
I guess it doesnt matter to them if they get relegated because it will never take away that draw with Aberdeen.
Nothing can take that away now

Statue in the Piazza/Plaza/Square in front of the office block if Daniel gets them past Airdrie

04Sauzee
08-01-2020, 05:31 PM
It is the winter break

New assistant being appointed
Players getting shunted out the door
New players being targeted

Guess Levein and McPhee will be ok overseeing that

Aldo
08-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Statue in the Piazza/Plaza/Square in front of the office block if Daniel gets them past Airdrie

You do know that if the beat L1 Airdrie, DannyBoy will be portrayed as the saviour of all saviours.

G B Young
08-01-2020, 05:43 PM
What's even more astonishing is the leeway they are giving Stendel and this siege mentality going on amongst them that the whole if Scottish football is conspiring against them. He has come into a club who have overspent on a main stand to the tune of millions, still have a previous coaching team milling around, have senior players who don't rate the guy on first impressions, have lost 4 and drawn 1 in their last 5 - yet a 'spirited showing' v Celtic in defeat seems to have convinced them all he's the German Pep Guardiola, and are rooted to the bottom of the league - and were pumped at home in a home derby :greengrin

To not even sit their club captain down and fully explain the reasoning for his omission and imminent departure, and for players to be informed of their position via a players' social media group page is embarrassing and amateur in the extreme.

And this 'gegenpressing' nonsense - you'd think chasing to get a football back was a novel concept in sport the way they are banging on about it. Total spin and rhetoric and their media jumping on a Klopp-esque coaching manual. It's what good teams and players do (and should do) instinctively and without being told (closing down, pressing, winning possession back).

They are all in the 'too big to go down' mindset and teams like Hamilton (as we know) and County, etc. are not going to lie down and let them play - they are used to being in the predicament of relegation and trying to achieve safety. This is a whole new football environment for them and their players. And whilst it's not new to have players training with reserves to try and convince them to leave, it's extremely divisive especially when said players have good relationships with other first team players.

Be interesting if the BBC (Sportsound) have John Rankin on again and ask him his PFA opinion on how players are being treated :cb

I'm just glad we have the senior management team we do and a new manager who looks and talks like he knows what he is doing. And who has the measure of Stendel :greengrin:aok:

Spot on. I don't get what Stendel has done so far to convince anyone he's some sort of messiah. Mind you, to even consider the alternative - ie that his appointment is going to turn out to be another monumental Budge mistake - must be unthinkable for the yams.

G B Young
08-01-2020, 05:44 PM

If true it would explain the silence from Hearts about the flak they're taking. Otherwise I'd have expected another rambling Budge statement about it all by now.

Cataplana
08-01-2020, 05:51 PM
They've got 2 Sporting Directors at the moment, surely one of them could have told Whelan to his face he was not in Stendel's plans. Did they not say a few weeks back that Levein and MacPhee would be dealing with the ins and outs?

It's pretty obvious they are.

You do realise the Easter Road tunnel is also slightly off set...they're just following the fashions we set

Actually it's the pitch that's offset.

Crutch
08-01-2020, 05:54 PM

Not usually one to bother but that ‘In Stendel We Trust’ thread was so weird that I couldn’t stop reading. A German flag the size of the Wheatfield with all their blue nose sympathisers waving Union Jack’s in amongst it. They’re the pantomime club that just keep on giving these days

Real Emerald

I think she’s had enough TBH, she looked exhausted last time she was on TV. For her health sake she’d be better away from that place. No one can cope with delusion on that scale 😂

The 90+2
It is the winter break

It’s also a very important time of the season for the decision makers at the club to be kicking about transfer/contact wise.

JohnMcM
08-01-2020, 05:55 PM
It's pretty obvious they are.

Actually it's the pitch that's offset.

Take a well deserved badge and go straight to the front of the class. :top marks

G B Young
08-01-2020, 05:57 PM
Not usually one to bother but that ‘In Stendel We Trust’ thread was so weird that I couldn’t stop reading. A German flag the size of the Wheatfield with all their blue nose sympathisers waving Union Jack’s in amongst it. They’re the pantomime club that just keep on giving these days

The 'We are all Daniel Stendel' thread runs it close for a pantomime award...

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186821-we-are-all-daniel-stendel/

Jack Hackett
08-01-2020, 06:04 PM
It’s also a very important time of the season for the decision makers at the club to be kicking about transfer/contact wise.

All the more reason for her not to be there. It's plainly obvious she doesn't have a clue about the football side of the club, and will continue to do what Craig tells her. She's been having her strings pulled since the day she bought the dead donkey.

brydekirk
08-01-2020, 06:08 PM

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186821-we-are-all-daniel-stendel/

Amazing

Since452
08-01-2020, 06:08 PM

The Christmas period and January are critical at a football club. Hearts have players, owners and managers taking annual leave. To be fair the glorious draw with Aberdeen justified it

Joe6-2
08-01-2020, 06:12 PM
"in a bid to improve supporter fitness, we built a set of stairs that led to a brick wall. Any supporter making the initial climb to the top of the stairs will be forced to climb back down the stairs, thus doubling the exercise required. You can thank us later."

Every time anyone mentions those stairs it cracks me up, anyone got the pic?

jacomo
08-01-2020, 06:16 PM
All the more reason for her not to be there. It's plainly obvious she doesn't have a clue about the football side of the club, and will continue to do what Craig tells her. She's been having her strings pulled since the day she bought the dead donkey.

She doesn’t have a clue about **** all.

Baader
08-01-2020, 06:16 PM

Wow. It's like an outbreak of collective insanity that. Mass delirium. One of them saying Stendel has "the best football brain out off any manager we’ve had over the 30 odd years I’ve watched Hearts." Quite staggering.

No wins in 16 games and one point from fifteen. They're easily pleased now.

Joe6-2
08-01-2020, 06:18 PM
Berra and Wheelan going through Stendel says a lot. Can't recall players publicly having a go at a manager like that before up here. Almost unheard of. From the outside looking in his treatment of Berra looks odd to say the least and the Whelan one seems to have been handled just as poorly. Interesting to see if it has a positive or negative impact on the team. By all accounts Berra was well respected and well liked by the players. Just a strange club.

Disappointed Whelan didn’t demand his pay off

jacomo
08-01-2020, 06:20 PM

Jerry Butcher indeed. It’s like a re-run.

Since452
08-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Wow. It's like an outbreak of collective insanity that. Mass delirium. One of them saying Stendel has "the best football brain out off any manager we’ve had over the 30 odd years I’ve watched Hearts." Quite staggering.

Wow. Does that poster actually think that? I'd love to know what he/she bases that on. That must have been some draw

Bostonhibby
08-01-2020, 06:29 PM
Wow. Does that poster actually think that? I'd love to know what he/she bases that on. That must have been some drawIndeed, everyone knows mad Eddie Malofeev just shades it ahead of potter and father Dougal!

Joe6-2
08-01-2020, 06:33 PM

Our Daniel......WTF

SquashedFrogg
08-01-2020, 06:35 PM
Disappointed Whelan didn’t demand his pay off

When you escape from the asylum you don't go back and ask for your toothbrush.

G B Young
08-01-2020, 06:37 PM

Such confidence from the OP on that thread:

"we will witness one off the best Hearts teams and Managers ever next season"

Also:

"I have a feeling stendel will make history at this club.
I’m aware that is some statement to make but it’s just a feeling a can’t seem to shake."

The yams do seem to attract more than their share of dafties.

Groathillgrump
08-01-2020, 06:39 PM
Every time anyone mentions those stairs it cracks me up, anyone got the pic?

I believe this is the photo you're looking for. :wink: