PDA

View Full Version : Yams The generic Hearts thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67

hibstag
14-08-2020, 07:03 AM
Shut it, Budgie.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

The options are to cease and desist budgie

PatHead
14-08-2020, 07:06 AM
It must be terrible being a supporter of a lower league club like Alloa, Arbroath or Hearts? Such a long close season.

easty
14-08-2020, 07:11 AM

Aperpleptic :faf:

Marco G
14-08-2020, 07:23 AM
My guess is that this is linked to the SPFL statement due today, about sanctions for breaking the rules re Covid. SPFL will want to know that lower league teams like Hearts can comply with the new rules before starting or in their case resuming training. SPFL already have inspected all the Premier league grounds and training facilities.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Col2
14-08-2020, 07:32 AM
Given what happened in the past - all the emotion and hyperbole yet zero success - something like this really does press the nuclear bottom for many of them.

They are missing what looks like about 6 days of training, taking account of likely days off. They are 7-8 weeks away from the start of the lower leagues and 10 weeks away from the Scottish cup game.

If this was Hibs, we would be angry but we would be working with SPFL/SFA to get some dispensation. Instead Budge appeals to the crazies with constantly being incensed 🙄🤡

we are hibs
14-08-2020, 07:32 AM
I dont get the big deal. But i suppose they need something to roar and greet about now they've been laughed out the league, court and arbitration.

Col2
14-08-2020, 07:34 AM
It must be terrible being a supporter of a lower league club like Alloa, Arbroath or Hearts? Such a long close season.

And while Hearts fans were originally loving the fact that the top league was at risk of a red card, one or two of them pointed out that the ripple effect is staying in the championship until 2022 (minimum).....

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 07:34 AM
Surely Hearts have run out of adjectives and are now officially the angriest football club in the world?Yep, they're moving onto superlatives, that'll teach the SFA, SPFL, the arbitration panel, Hibs, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Raith, Cove, uncle Tom Cobleigh etc.

Just as soon as they work out if a superlative is bigger than an adjective the bombardment will commence.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2020, 07:37 AM
My guess is that this is linked to the SPFL statement due today, about sanctions for breaking the rules re Covid. SPFL will want to know that lower league teams like Hearts can comply with the new rules before starting or in their case resuming training. SPFL already have inspected all the Premier league grounds and training facilities.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Maybe the answer here is to create a bubble, whereby the current Premiership teams can only mix with each other.

For the sake of caution, keep that in place until, say, 2025.

Keith_M
14-08-2020, 07:44 AM
I hate to take Hearts side in this but it's a stupid decision.

They must have been given permission to start training, with whatever precautions are required, and they haven't breached any guidelines that we know off.

Nothing has changed as far as Hearts are concerned and it just seems like another over-reaction on the part of the SG (or apparently the SFA, until somebody else corrects me again ;-) )

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 07:45 AM
“Our fans are naturally incensed by this action, especially given what has transpired over recent months. For the avoidance of doubt, everyone at the Club is equally incensed. We are currently considering our options.“

:faf:

Neil Doncaster and Rod Petrie must be crying with laughter at their latest outburst. I know I am. Heard from our family yam yesterday, he doesn't meet the "incensed" standard but did say he's officially fed up of the "whole thing" and wasn't too complimentary about their recent signings.

I said if it makes him feel any better he could pretend the Livi 3rd choice keeper is actually the boy from Ross county at least until the season starts.

They'll need to find ways to move fans like him from thinking about reality to just focusing on being incensed, otherwise they might start questioning what they've got for all that money to date.

Tug Wilson
14-08-2020, 07:47 AM
On Twitter Stow AFC are raging because all of their training plans have now been thrown in to disarray.

Stow AFC!

Maybe Hearts should take joint action with them against the SFA.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 07:50 AM

Aperpleptic :faf:Jeez, poor Brux, the evolutionary scale in reverse, went to bed a Duncan and woke up as a chimp.

This has to be down to the SPFL.

CentreLine
14-08-2020, 07:53 AM

They must have been given permission to start training, with whatever precautions are required, and they haven't breached any guidelines that we know off.

Nothing has changed as far as Hearts are concerned and it just seems like another over-reaction on the part of the SG.

Made clear on sportsound last night that this is not a SG decision. Scottish football was asked by the SG to provide a structure and evidence they can continue to compete safely and the measures announced were the SFA/SPFL response. All of these measures are football decisions.

Mon_the_cabbage
14-08-2020, 07:55 AM
On Twitter Stow AFC are raging because all of their training plans have now been thrown in to disarray.

Stow AFC!

Maybe Hearts should take joint action with them against the SFA.

The A7 Alliance!

I like it! :greengrin

Keith_M
14-08-2020, 07:55 AM
Made clear on sportsound last night that this is not a SG decision. Scottish football was asked by the SG to provide a structure and evidence they can continue to compete safely and the measures announced were the SFA/SPFL response. All of these measures are football decisions.

Thanks.

In which case it's a stupid decision by the SFA/SPFL.

GonzoReturns
14-08-2020, 07:57 AM
The part that is conveniently missed (unless I misheard) is the follow up comment from Jason Leitch when he said he’s the one who has to look the FM in the eye and say Scottish football is safe. And this decision does help that.

CentreLine
14-08-2020, 08:16 AM
Thanks.

Could be but, as posted below, it does strengthen Jason Lietch’s hand when arguing for the safe continuation of top flight football. I think the authorities have been put in a very difficult position be players’ stupidity and had to be seen to be being firm in their response. They have suspended return to training for football below the top flight in order to conduct an inspection of every facility and satisfy themselves that lowers league clubs can meet the standards required. If they can do that in ten days that’s some going but that much does make sense on safety grounds

BS44
14-08-2020, 08:28 AM

Nothing has changed as far as Hearts are concerned and it just seems like another over-reaction on the part of the SG.

This is a SFA sanction and has nothing to do with Government.

Moulin Yarns
14-08-2020, 08:32 AM
I'm sure this was just a ploy so that Tom English had something to talk about for the coming weeks. :wink:

Hibi
14-08-2020, 08:32 AM
The A7 Alliance!

In my opinion there is no way that Stow would have any alliance with that club. Always been a well run ethical club who prefer to play there football on the grass.

BS44
14-08-2020, 08:34 AM
In my opinion there is no way that Stow would have any alliance with that club. Always been a well run ethical club who prefer to play there football on the grass.

Are any of the Smiths involved?

jacomo
14-08-2020, 08:38 AM

Prayers for whoever has the misfortune to live with Brux.

Alan62
14-08-2020, 08:45 AM
The whole point here is that whether Hearts like it or not, the goalposts have been moved. The lower leagues were granted a dispensation to return to training based on a risk assessment that has been proven to be inadequate. The JRG is in the process of updating protocols and it's actually impossible to know if the lower league clubs can meet the new standards. That includes Hearts.

Since March, Hearts have failed to recognise that the authorities (government and football) have more pressing priorities than the immediate needs of Edinburgh's bigliest club and that they have a responsibility to society to ensure that football operations don't have an impact on public health.

Spike Mandela
14-08-2020, 08:47 AM
Thanks.

It’s quite funny though, eh?:greengrin:greengrin

Since452
14-08-2020, 08:49 AM
Given what happened in the past - all the emotion and hyperbole yet zero success - something like this really does press the nuclear bottom for many of them.

They are missing what looks like about 6 days of training, taking account of likely days off. They are 7-8 weeks away from the start of the lower leagues and 10 weeks away from the Scottish cup game.

If this was Hibs, we would be angry but we would be working with SPFL/SFA to get some dispensation. Instead Budge appeals to the crazies with constantly being incensed 🙄🤡

Typical bitter wee team hobo response. **** the SPFL, **** the national team, **** Pertie, Lawwell and rat Doncaster. There is a clear anti Hearts, anti protestant agenda here it's clear for all to see. Corrupt to the core. They'll never see my maroon pound again. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall never surrender. Robbie's got us playing Hearts are back 🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪 5-1 1902 HHGH

PatHead
14-08-2020, 08:55 AM
Could be but, as posted below, it does strengthen Jason Lietch’s hand when arguing for the safe continuation of top flight football. I think the authorities have been put in a very difficult position be players’ stupidity and had to be seen to be being firm in their response. They have suspended return to training for football below the top flight in order to conduct an inspection of every facility and satisfy themselves that lowers league clubs can meet the standards required. If they can do that in ten days that’s some going but that much does make sense on safety grounds

I agree, Jason Leith is acting in the best interests of all of Scottish football. Far better to stop training now and check that they meet the criteria. As Hearts only rent their facilities extra checks may be required to ensure no cross contamination.

It would also be unfair on all of the other lower league clubs that Hearts could train and they can't. A few days should not make a difference. Remember the Hearts mantra about being fair to everyone and no one disadvantaged.

I'm sure once they have had a chance to reflect overnight they will no longer be enraged.

Of course, if they had beaten St Mirren then they would not be a lower league club like Alloa and Arbroath. This problem would not exist.

Brightside
14-08-2020, 09:06 AM
Hull are currently training at the Oriam. Thats brilliant. :greengrin Hibs should book it out for the day.

grunt
14-08-2020, 09:41 AM
This is excellent! tweeted by Hearts official twitter page

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfXvWl7WoAEHMNB?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Hibi
14-08-2020, 09:42 AM
Are any of the Smiths involved?

Not directly although their business Agenor do some sponsorship. Good Hibs men 🇳🇬

bingo70
14-08-2020, 09:43 AM

Do you think it’s fair that Hearts get a pre-season but their competitors don’t?

I know Hearts argument is that all clubs could have started their pre-season on 3rd August like they did but the other clubs didn’t know this was coming.

I don’t agree with the decision to stop teams from starting pre-season but as soon as that decision was made, in the interest of sporting integrity, Hearts had to be told to stop as well as they would be having an unfair advantage over the rivals like Alloa and Arbroath.

where'stheslope
14-08-2020, 09:47 AM
Hull are currently training at the Oriam. Thats brilliant. :greengrin Hibs should book it out for the day.
Does that not make the whole thing "stink"?
A team from another league and country can train at the Oriam, yet a Scottish club can't???
It looks like another save of the "SKY money" from the SFA/SPFL, nothing else matters!!!!!

Mon Dieu4
14-08-2020, 09:55 AM
A team from another league and country can train at the Oriam, yet a Scottish club can't???
It looks like another save of the "SKY money" from the SFA/SPFL, nothing else matters!!!!!

Anyone can rent out Oriam, that's possibly the issue, if Hearts owned their own training facility that they could guarantee exactly who is coming and going then they may have had some leeway

I genuinely hope it's something more sinister than that though, **** them

14-08-2020, 10:00 AM
Maybe the JRG wouldn't have stopped Hearts from training so they could check they were following the correct protocols if they hadn't flagrantly ignored the protocols just a few weeks ago around going to arbitration and not taking the SPFL/clubs to court. They've proved on numerous occasions they're a bunch of shysters that cannot be trusted.

Since452
14-08-2020, 10:02 AM
Could Hearts have picked a worse year to get themselves relegated?

Ozyhibby
14-08-2020, 10:03 AM

Only Hearts with a picture of a Scottish Govt facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
14-08-2020, 10:17 AM
It's almost as if the football authorities don't have much goodwill towards Hearts. Can't think why.

jacomo
14-08-2020, 10:20 AM
Could Hearts have picked a worse year to get themselves relegated?

Nope. :faf:

This is what all their anger and complaining is really about - they know they have absolutely done a number on themselves. Celtc’s current situation might give cause for concern too - the favourites for the Premiership have had a bad start and things are not going their way. Hearts should be careful not to rile the authorities because any postponed matches in a truncated season could really hurt them.

Green Manalishi
14-08-2020, 10:21 AM
It looks like another save of the "SKY money" from the SFA/SPFL, nothing else matters!!!!! Hull are just renting it the way Hearts do

Since452
14-08-2020, 10:31 AM
Hull are just renting it the way Hearts do

Should get a photo made up of the Oraim saying"only Hull".

Tug Wilson
14-08-2020, 10:31 AM
The A7 Alliance!

James Anderson covering Stow's costs?

weecounty hibby
14-08-2020, 10:32 AM
It's almost as if the football authorities don't have much goodwill towards Hearts. Can't think why.

You've fallen into the Jambo trap. They want you to think that every decision made is a direct attack on them when in fact they are a mere afterthought. It's probably due to all the Jambos you have in your family!!

04Sauzee
14-08-2020, 10:32 AM
Hearts are full of rage

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1294203660436746240?s=19

Lendo
14-08-2020, 10:37 AM

Tin hat on: As funny as this is I for once (🤮) agree (🤮) with (🤮) Hearts (🤮). I appreciate that the Oriam is really short on cash and any income is welcomed but it is a mental decision and totally unjustified.

CB_NO3
14-08-2020, 10:44 AM
I see no issue here at all. The governing bodies have stated only Premiership teams can train and play. The rest will need to wait until the correct protocols are put in place. They have 9 weeks until their season starts meaning plenty of time.

From what I can see no other wee team/non premiership club except the Duncans are complaining.

Tambo
14-08-2020, 10:49 AM
English League One side Hull City are currently training in Edinburgh - despite Hearts being ordered not to.

On Thursday, the Scottish Championship newcomers said they were*"incensed"*by the ruling that they should cease training.

But Hull have travelled 200 miles north for a pre-season camp at Oriam, a facility where the Tynecastle side train.

The new measure comes after Covid-19 rule breaches in the Premiership.

Rumble de Thump
14-08-2020, 10:55 AM
Hull training doesn't put the rest of the Scottish Championship clubs at a disadvantage. Hearts training when other Championship clubs want to, but aren't allowed to, would. Budge even mentioned the justification in her diatribe. They just can't hack not being allowed an unfair advantage.

CB_NO3
14-08-2020, 10:57 AM
What happens between Hull and the Oriam has nothing to do with our governing bodies.

matty_f
14-08-2020, 10:59 AM
Hull training doesn't put the rest of the Scottish Championship clubs at a disadvantage. Hearts training when other Championship clubs want to, but aren't allowed to, would. Budge even mentioned the justification in her diatribe. They just can't hack not being allowed an unfair advantage.

Exactly. I can’t believe this is being overlooked by so many. It’s basic.

matty_f
14-08-2020, 11:01 AM
Only Hearts with a picture of a Scottish Govt facility.

Someone on Twitter has changed it to “Lonly (sic) Hearts” 🤣👍🤣

Oscar T Grouch
14-08-2020, 11:04 AM
Shirley with Hull training at the Oriam it makes it a good decision to stop hearts doing so? The potential for spreading Covid is way higher with two squads training at the same facility. Hearts will have almost two months to prep for their season, way longer than premiership teams got. Don’t know what they’re complaining about 🤨😆

Jones28
14-08-2020, 11:06 AM

Appleektic

Sudds_1
14-08-2020, 11:08 AM
Shirley with Hull training at the Oriam it makes it a good decision to stop hearts doing so? The potential for spreading Covid is way higher with two squads training at the same facility. Hearts will have almost two months to prep for their season, way longer than premiership teams got. Don’t know what they’re complaining about 🤨😆

Not to mention sone of the other diseases they could catch being in close proximity to yams

Juniper Greens
14-08-2020, 11:10 AM

I believe Millwall are booked in for next week too. And therein lies the problem. Hearts cant offer guarantees of who will be on site. Pity they didn't use some of the £25m spent on the new stand to build their own training facilities.

Hibs07p
14-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Ha ha, the only thing that could trump this is if Glasgow City were to set up a training camp there as well. :protest:

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 11:14 AM
Could Hearts have picked a worse year to get themselves relegated?Nope, they were well and truly Mirrened.

If only that beaten St Mirren like that Gassy guy was predicting, this incredulously, incensing, rage could have been avoided.

Who to blame?[emoji6]

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 11:17 AM
I believe Millwall are booked in for next week too. And therein lies the problem. Hearts cant offer guarantees of who will be on site. Pity they didn't use some of the £25m spent on the new stand to build their own training facilities.Ah but see when that single tier stand is finished...............

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2020, 11:20 AM
What happens between Hull and the Oriam has nothing to do with our governing bodies.

It will, however, interest the SG. It muddies the waters a bit.

Juniper Greens
14-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Ah but see when that single tier stand is finished...............

....it will have cost £30million

oldbutdim
14-08-2020, 11:28 AM
Should get a photo made up of the Oraim saying"only Hull".

Joe Newell has tweeted exactly that.
:thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 11:38 AM
....it will have cost £30millionThere will be no other single tier stand like it[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

JohnMcM
14-08-2020, 11:39 AM

That's how I see it too, but it's not the SG. No need for the over the top statement though, unless it's to stay top of the statement league.:greengrin

Skol
14-08-2020, 11:41 AM
Although this is incredibly amusing, I do agree that its a bonkers decision.

If hearts were able to abide by same testing rules as SPFL clubs, there is no reason for them to be stopped from training.

Brightside
14-08-2020, 11:42 AM

Has it been removed.... can;t see anything from him on Twitter

calumhibee1
14-08-2020, 11:44 AM
Has it been removed.... can;t see anything from him on Twitter

It was a fake page.

Since452
14-08-2020, 11:44 AM

Superb 😂

hibbyfraelibby
14-08-2020, 11:45 AM
Anyone can rent out Oriam, that's possibly the issue, if Hearts owned their own training facility that they could guarantee exactly who is coming and going then they may have had some leeway

I genuinely hope it's something more sinister than that though, **** them

Is that not the issue here. Anyone can and does rent the Oriam

In this case we have two teams following two different protocols sharing the same site.

No wonder they have been told to stop. The bio-security of their rented facility is potentually compromised by Hull City's presence and the JRG have indicated a review.

You've got to wonder if HCFC are breaching Scottish Government regulations and guidance too.

Juniper Greens
14-08-2020, 11:48 AM
Is that not the issue here. Anyone can and do rent the Oriam

In this case we have two team following two different protocols sharing the same site.

No wonder they have been told to stop. The bio-security of their rented facility is potentually compromised by Hull City's presence and the JRG gave indicated a review.

You've got to wonder if HCHC are breaching Scottish Government regulations and guidance too.

FWIW...I don't think Hull City should be allowed to use the football dispensation that allows training in groups of more than 8 households, which has been agreed for Elite Scottish clubs. Although neither should Hearts, as they aren't elite in any way.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Millwall trip next week is cancelled and Oriam get a telling off

Jack
14-08-2020, 12:09 PM

It should be

Not only Hearts but Hull, Millwall and anyone else that can afford the rent*

* Optional

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2020, 12:19 PM
i hope this makes the news, if anything it will highlight that heartz don't actually own a training centre, they have to wait in a queue alongside kids rugby/girls hockey etc etc whatever, they do like telling all and sundry they have their own elite training centre, pfftt

Gimps

Since452
14-08-2020, 12:20 PM

Only Hearts.. would post a photo of a rented training facility

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 12:22 PM
It should be

* OptionalOnly Hearts, caught staring through the window waiting for the netball practice to finish.

Hibs90
14-08-2020, 12:25 PM

No he hasn't it's a fan account just for the record.

Ozyhibby
14-08-2020, 12:32 PM

In this case we have two teams following two different protocols sharing the same site.

No wonder they have been told to stop. The bio-security of their rented facility is potentually compromised by Hull City's presence and the JRG have indicated a review.

You've got to wonder if HCFC are breaching Scottish Government regulations and guidance too.

Hearts don’t rent the Oriam, they have a seperate facility out the back.

brog
14-08-2020, 12:33 PM

If sports facilities are open & users are complying with the government regulations for using those facilities then I don't see a problem. If Scotland & England have similar protocols (i assume they do)for playing professional football I'm not sure there's a problem either as Hull will only be playing their professional football in England.
Regardless, Hull will not have booked the Oriam yesterday. Were Hearts going to train at Tynie this week, maybe combined with doing a shift on finishing the stand. 🤣

Corstorphine Hibby
14-08-2020, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;6268233]Hearts don’t rent the Oriam, they have a seperate facility out the back.

that they rent, presumably ?

A Hi-Bee
14-08-2020, 12:45 PM

What like a portacabin sort of thing. or portaloos..........
**** the hertz,
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

Rocky
14-08-2020, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;6268233]Hearts don’t rent the Oriam, they have a seperate facility out the back.

They even mentioned it in their own statement - I thought it was quite surprising to see as they usually like to gloss over the fact that they don't have their own training facilities:

"We signed contracts with service providers, including Oriam and our Testing company"

Prof. Shaggy
14-08-2020, 12:49 PM

Well, it was built for them, wasn't it? :confused:

oldbutdim
14-08-2020, 12:51 PM
No he hasn't it's a fan account just for the record.

Oops. My mistake..

Apologies all.

cookin_on_gaz
14-08-2020, 12:56 PM
Only Hearts on a Tuesday and Thursday [emoji23]

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Jones28
14-08-2020, 01:09 PM
Only Hearts on a Tuesday and Thursday [emoji23]

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

...and before lacrosse but after hockey

Stairway 2 7
14-08-2020, 01:18 PM

The only bit hearts have exclusively is 1 changing room, a small gym , a laundry room and about 5 offices. The two indoor pitches are shared including Berwick, edinburgh city, Cowdenbeath that have bookings each week. The main gym is shared even the canteen is used by students they just get a slot for lunch

14-08-2020, 01:20 PM

That they use and sometimes pay for that use.

Sammy7nil
14-08-2020, 01:23 PM

The only bit hearts have exclusively is 1 changing room, a small gym , a laundry room and about 5 offices. The two indoor pitches are shared including Berwick, edinburgh city, Cowdenbeath that have bookings each week. The main gym is shared even the canteen is used by students they just get a slot for lunch

That is interesting that is a far bigger stake than I thought they had I really thought it would be like turning up at Meadowbank for a game of fives :greengrin

Juniper Greens
14-08-2020, 01:24 PM

Correct. And the changing room is only for a very defined group of 24 first team players. As they will also have reserve players training, they will be using the shared facilities perhaps. Additionally, hearts don't have exclusive access to any pitches in particular. In recent years they have tended to go for the cheaper to rent pitches (with fewer attached facilities), further from the main Oriam center and nearer the student halls.

So in short, hearts don't have their own facilities. There are half a dozen rooms they rent exclusively, but most of what they use is the shared stuff, which you are I could book out (normally)

Alan62
14-08-2020, 01:34 PM
Which is precisely why their facilities need to be assessed alongside all the other clubs in the lower three divisions. Presumably the Premiership clubs have already been evaluated against the revised guidelines.

Greenworld
14-08-2020, 01:44 PM
Which is precisely why their facilities need to be assessed alongside all the other clubs in the lower three divisions. Presumably the Premiership clubs have already been evaluated against the revised guidelines.Are you sure they were not already inspected

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
14-08-2020, 01:49 PM
It’s quite funny though, eh?:greengrin:greengrin

Well, yes, it admittedly is funny...

:greengrin

delbert
14-08-2020, 01:58 PM
It should be

* Optional

This may be the crux of the matter right here in that Hull, Millwall or anyone else actually understand and abide by the concept of paying for the services provided, that’s proved somewhat difficult for our noisy neighbours to grasp in the past.

speedy_gonzales
14-08-2020, 02:05 PM

So is it their "exclusive" area that they've signed a lease for 30 years, or is the whole thing PAYG?

Alan62
14-08-2020, 02:07 PM
Are you sure they were not already inspected

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

They may well have been inspected already but it's clear that every facility in that division hasn't been inspected. The decision yesterday by the Joint Response Group wasn't a decision against Hearts. It was a decision that affected the whole of the Championship. They'd ALL previously had permission to restart but only Hearts took up that permission. The permission has been temporarily withdrawn until the authorities are sure that all the Championship teams can implement the revised guidelines.

Of course, we're all being a bit naughty about Hearts' rented training facilities but it will be a factor, no doubt about that. Fascinating times.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 02:27 PM
Well, yes, it admittedly is funny...

:greengrinThey could avoid everyone laughing at them over the access they haven't got to the facility they don't own if they just rented an allotment and put up a half decent fence then ran about there for a bit.

jeffers
14-08-2020, 02:40 PM
They may well have been inspected already but it's clear that every facility in that division hasn't been inspected. The decision yesterday by the Joint Response Group wasn't a decision against Hearts. It was a decision that affected the whole of the Championship. They'd ALL previously had permission to restart but only Hearts took up that permission. The permission has been temporarily withdrawn until the authorities are sure that all the Championship teams can implement the revised guidelines.

Of course, we're all being a bit naughty about Hearts' rented training facilities but it will be a factor, no doubt about that. Fascinating times.

To be honest I don't really understand it. Forgetting it's them and forgetting the fact there really is no need for them to start pre season training so far in advance of all the other clubs in their division, if it was OK for them to have started training I don't see why they should stop. I get that all the clubs need to demonstrate safety protocols have been adhered to once games start, but I don't see why it matters what the other clubs are able to do at this point.

It's brilliant tho :greengrin

Heisenberg
14-08-2020, 02:44 PM
Funnily enough Ikpeazu‘s million pound old firm move never materialised. He’s away to Wycombe Wanderers.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 02:48 PM
Funnily enough Ikpeazu‘s million pound old firm move never materialised. He’s away to Wycombe Wanderers.That's another 2 league goals a season striker gone, how will they ever replace such talent?
Maybe Levein is still scouting for them. Certainly got an eye for strikers who don't score many.

Scottie
14-08-2020, 02:50 PM
Funnily enough Ikpeazu‘s million pound old firm move never materialised. He’s away to Wycombe Wanderers.
Ikpeazu and Adebayo Akinfenwa as a front two will strike fear into every burger van in the English Championship next season :panic:

Joe6-2
14-08-2020, 03:31 PM
So is it their "exclusive" area that they've signed a lease for 30 years, or is the whole thing PAYG?

PSON, pay sometimes or never

CentreLine
14-08-2020, 03:32 PM

If I win euro millions tonight maybe I should just take a six month rental on the remainder of that site and renew it annually and allocate free of charge and as I see fit to lower league teams
🤣

mutley
14-08-2020, 03:35 PM
You heard it here first folks !!
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200814/b8cc6a9dbfc2166149396b6a12e65dd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joe6-2
14-08-2020, 03:41 PM

Should just be renamed Delusional FC

Billy Whizz
14-08-2020, 03:43 PM

Think they are in the championship next season, so a decent level for him, although I think he’s garbage

04Sauzee
14-08-2020, 03:46 PM

That 100% is a wind up?

Topographic Hibby
14-08-2020, 04:12 PM

Sorting out the booking sheets with the Women's hockey squad and the Men's Lacrosse second team. Did someone bring a pen...??? :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 04:14 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProIgnoring for a moment the fact that there's actually a process a new club has to go through to get in at the bottom of the English league pyramid, why would the English FA send someone from Hull and Millwall to meet the famous?

Neither of these clubs seem to have anyone on the Executive, or the members council. Maybe they were just looking for tips on how to nearly build a single tier stand or avoid relegation.

Got to be someone under cover winding them up?

ballengeich
14-08-2020, 04:17 PM

Four people in the executive room? Could that be a breach of Covid regulations?

tamig
14-08-2020, 04:20 PM

That’s one for the Yammasaurus😀
Some notable user names there - typoonjambo. Magnificent 😂

Keith_M
14-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Ignoring for a moment the fact that there's actually a process a new club has to go through to get in at the bottom of the English league pyramid, why would the English FA send someone from Hull and Millwall to meet the famous?

Neither of these clubs seem to have anyone on the Executive, or the members council. Maybe they were just looking for tips on how to nearly build a single tier stand or avoid relegation.

Successful businesswoman Dr Mrs Budge is honouring them with her widely acclaimed knowledge in how to run a Football Club, in the same manner she did for Hibs and many others.

jacomo
14-08-2020, 04:24 PM
Successful businesswoman Dr Mrs Budge is honouring them with her widely acclaimed knowledge in how to run a Football Club, in the same manner she did for Hibs and many others.

Apparently the representatives from Millwall and Hull complimented what is possibly the finest Executive Room in Scottish football. But she doesn’t like to boast.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 04:34 PM
Apparently the representatives from Millwall and Hull complimented what is possibly the finest Executive Room in Scottish football. But she doesn’t like to boast.They were incredulous when they seen the roof tiles on the school roof.

O'Rourke3
14-08-2020, 04:37 PM

Might be performance based add-ons?

mal
14-08-2020, 04:42 PM
Might be performance based add-ons?

He'd be the first player to get performance based take-offs.

Sudds_1
14-08-2020, 04:58 PM
That 100% is a wind up?

The spy who loved me? Hibby undercover?

tamig
14-08-2020, 05:43 PM
Ikpeazu and Adebayo Akinfenwa as a front two will strike fear into every burger van in the English Championship next season :panic:

They could sign that Dutch Zeefuik guy to make it a very big front three.

tamig
14-08-2020, 05:52 PM

Roger Moore will be spinning in his grave. A shameful mark of disrespect to the great man.

Since452
14-08-2020, 07:04 PM

Oh dear god. They'll be calling themselves the third biggest team in England in no time

HoboHarry
14-08-2020, 07:05 PM
They could sign that Dutch Zeefuik guy to make it a very big front three.
What Zee Fuik?

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 07:07 PM
Oh dear god. They'll be calling themselves the third biggest team in England in no timeMerge with Hull and they could be the biggest team in Hull, doubt the merged team will be called Heart of Midlothian though!

Can't see Millwall wanting the stigma of being associated with Hearts, they've got their good name to think of [emoji16]

Saturday Boy
14-08-2020, 07:17 PM
Merge with Hull and they could be the biggest team in Hull, doubt the merged team will be called Heart of Midlothian though!

Can't see Millwall wanting the stigma of being associated with Hearts, they've got their good name to think of [emoji16]

I’m sure that the Hull FC and HKR fans will disagree about biggest team. Even if they do have funny shaped balls.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2020, 07:33 PM
I’m sure that the Hull FC and HKR fans will disagree about biggest team. Even if they do have funny shaped balls.Ah but they haven't reckoned with the Famous, there are only 321,000 residents in Hull. Add in 400,000 Duncans and you can see why everyone is so keen to get one of Hearts "special" relationships conferred upon them.

proud_and_green
14-08-2020, 07:33 PM
It's in

Club News
CLUB STATEMENT
13th August 2020

Heart of Midlothian Football Club can confirm that we were advised at 4.30pm this afternoon of the decision of the Joint Response Group to delay the return to training for clubs out-with the SPFL Premiership and that as a consequence, Hearts were required to cease training with immediate effect.

We requested a delay to the publication of that decision, while we discussed the implications. While the situation was being discussed internally, the decision was published, some 20 minutes or so later.

While recognising the hugely complex decision-making processes involved in dealing with the Covid-19 crisis, the Club has nonetheless objected to this decision in the strongest terms.

To be clear, we had previously requested to return to training on 3rd August to fit in with our training plans and needs. Along with a Betfred Cup campaign and Championship season to prepare for, we also have a Scottish Cup semi-final to participate in. We confirmed that we were able to comply with all the required protocols, which we have done. All other Championship clubs were given the same opportunity to return to training. They chose not to return at that time, as was their right.

Having received authority to return to training, we built our plans around the agreed date. Our players and support staff were taken off furlough; contracts were signed with new staff and new players on the clear understanding that we would be in full training. We signed contracts with service providers, including Oriam and our Testing company. Testing has once again been carried out this week, with costs incurred, in anticipation of continued training. Suffice to say that at a time when every football club in the land is managing its costs as tightly as possible, we have incurred significant “unnecessary” costs.

We have done nothing wrong and yet, once again, we are being disproportionately disadvantaged by a decision which has been described as “the fairest”. We should not forget that this situation has come about, not because of Covid-19, but because of behavioural issues, not by our employees but by those of other clubs. This delay reflects a lack of confidence that certain clubs will be able to comply and meet the required protocols. How can it possibly be “fair” that we should be penalised?

When questioned in what way this was “the fairest way forward”, we were advised that some other clubs now wanted to return to training and it was deemed that by preventing them from doing so, without halting our training, would give us an unfair advantage.

Our fans are naturally incensed by this action, especially given what has transpired over recent months. For the avoidance of doubt, everyone at the Club is equally incensed. We are currently considering our options.That is brilliant! I started thinking it was a spoof but realised as the outrage jet plane started to gain height and reach the fever pitch of cruising altitude that it was real, then I really thought it was hilarious!

Well done Anne, keep 'em coming!

Edit: Just saw that I am not the only one to think it a spoof. Brog too.
Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

brog
14-08-2020, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=proud_and_green;6268715]That is brilliant! I started thinking it was a spoof but realised as the outrage jet plane started to gain height and reach the fever pitch of cruising altitude that it was real, then I really thought it was hilarious!

The statement from Federation of Hearts is even better. On statement bingo they throw in 'beggars belief' to trump the 'for avoidance of doubt' in the official statement. Has anyone ever used those phrases in a normal conversation?

truehibernian
14-08-2020, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=proud_and_green;6268715]That is brilliant! I started thinking it was a spoof but realised as the outrage jet plane started to gain height and reach the fever pitch of cruising altitude that it was real, then I really thought it was hilarious!

The statement from Federation of Hearts is even better. On statement bingo they throw in 'beggars belief' to trump the 'for avoidance of doubt' in the official statement. Has anyone ever used those phrases in a normal conversation?

For the avoidance of doubt Brog, and I know it beggars belief, no, I've not :greengrin

They'll be even more spewing when they find out three of their 'top' players want to leave too :cb:wink: never is a happy ship over at Tynie :aok:

04Sauzee
14-08-2020, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=brog;6268833]

For the avoidance of doubt Brog, and I know it beggars belief, no, I've not :greengrin

They'll be even more spewing when they find out three of their 'top' players want to leave too :cb:wink: never is a happy ship over at Tynie :aok:

Do Hearts have top players 😁
What 3 want to leave?

truehibernian
14-08-2020, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=truehibernian;6268846]

Do Hearts have top players 😁
What 3 want to leave?

Boyce, Smith and Souttar.

Topographic Hibby
14-08-2020, 09:57 PM
The statement from Federation of Hearts is even better. On statement bingo they throw in 'beggars belief' to trump the 'for avoidance of doubt' in the official statement. Has anyone ever used those phrases in a normal conversation?Only when used concomitantly.

Oh my mistake, wrong club!! So hard to keep up with the statements....:agree:

G B Young
14-08-2020, 10:23 PM
Apologies if already discussed but what is the 'Only Hearts' tweet mentioned at the end of this story meant to mean?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53778776

That only Hearts train at the Oriam? Or that only Hearts get stopped from doing so?

Whatever it means, it must be rather embarrassing for them to have it so well publicised that their supposed 'training academy' is actually just a communal facility that can be booked by anyone. Personally I'm not surprised Heriot-Watt are welcoming the likes of Hull. At least they'll pay for their time there, unlike the funds they'll never recoup from when the yams stiffed them by going into administration.

hibees 7062
14-08-2020, 10:57 PM
https://scontent.flba1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/117817119_727081771480805_4845138377584113478_n.jp g?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=kyTFRzUcaDMAX9KqCR7&_nc_ht=scontent.flba1-1.fna&oh=8b479a36d45bea40943b53dc284ef4f4&oe=5F5B309D

Haymaker
14-08-2020, 11:40 PM
Alloa! :faf:

#2 Double Tap
14-08-2020, 11:53 PM
Alloa! :faf:

:LOL: arbroath :LOL:

Haymaker
15-08-2020, 03:39 AM
:LOL: arbroath :LOL:

Not seen their response but I hope it's a classic!

Since452
15-08-2020, 07:32 AM
I'm going to nip down to my local gym that I pay to use and take a photo of it from outside with the caption "only since452". Seems to be all the rage.

Keith_M
15-08-2020, 07:48 AM
Merge with Hull and they could be the biggest team in Hull, doubt the merged team will be called Heart of Midlothian though...

Why not? They haven't played in Midlothian since 1975, but kept the name anyway.

Bostonhibby
15-08-2020, 07:55 AM
Why not? They haven't played in Midlothian since 1975, but kept the name anyway.Obviously Hearts would envisage the grateful population of any English Town or city they decided to merge with to accept that the likes of, say Hull City fans, would appreciate their teams name will be changed to heart of midlothian and they'd be expected to travel to Edinburgh.

It's a small price to pay for such a bigly famous name.

G B Young
15-08-2020, 08:23 AM
Why don't they just train at Tynecastle if they think it's so imperative that they train two months before their season starts?

Billy Whizz
15-08-2020, 08:25 AM
Why don't they just train at Tynecastle?

They aren't allowed to train anywhere until the 24th
It’s the rules for all the wee teams

PatHead
15-08-2020, 08:26 AM
Why don't they just train at Tynecastle?

Doubt that they will be allowed. Don't know why they don't go to England though

Hillsidehibby
15-08-2020, 08:53 AM
Leslie Deans says Hearts should play in England and he is "aghast" in todays Scotsman.

G B Young
15-08-2020, 08:56 AM
They aren't allowed to train anywhere until the 24th
It’s the rules for all the wee teams

Ah, OK thanks. I had thought the ruling just applied to communal facilities like the Oriam.

So it's no big deal really? The 24th is a perfectly reasonable start date for clubs who don't start their season until October and I don't imagine any other lower league club was planning on training before then anyway.

hibby rae
15-08-2020, 09:01 AM
Ah, OK thanks. I had thought the ruling just applied to communal facilities like the Oriam.

So it's no big deal really? The 24th is a perfectly reasonable start date for clubs who don't start their season until October and I don't imagine any other lower league club was planning on training before then anyway.

Don't think they have been. Only Hearts were training.

Whilst I can see how Hull being allowed to train and Hearts not, can be viewed as being unfair.

It is worth remembering how funny it is 😀

I love how different organisations are taking turns trolling them. They remind me of that person you would always wind up because you knew you'd get a reaction everytime.

FilipinoHibs
15-08-2020, 09:02 AM
I don't what their problem is. They were given special dispensation to train early because of their court case/arbitration. Now they are being brought into line with the rest of the championship. They had and still have an unfair advantage over the other 9 teams. Whole thing covered up with Budge les and spin.

hibby rae
15-08-2020, 09:03 AM
Doubt that they will be allowed. Don't know why they don't go to England though

Hope they do, and then the Scots Gov announces two week quarantines for anyone travelling from down south 😂

hibbyfraelibby
15-08-2020, 09:15 AM
Leslie Deans says Hearts should play in England and he is "aghast" in todays Scotsman.
Leslie Deans is not "aghast"... he's a twat

AltheHibby
15-08-2020, 09:23 AM
I see Deans is pushing the 'play in England' line. There are rules against that sort of thing.

Who do they think they are? Oh, yes, I forgot, rules don't apply to them and it's unfair to expect them to comply.

It used to be funny, now it's just pathetic.

G B Young
15-08-2020, 09:24 AM
Don't think they have been. Only Hearts were training.

Whilst I can see how Hull being allowed to train and Hearts not, can be viewed as being unfair.

It is worth remembering how funny it is ��

I love how different organisations are taking turns trolling them. They remind me of that person you would always wind up because you knew you'd get a reaction everytime.

I used to work with a guy like that, but the difference was he had a sense of humour so the wind-ups were taken in good part. Po-faced Budge, on the other hand, can't see past the end of her nose and feels compelled to batter out a dissertation-length statement in response to even the merest perceived slight.

15-08-2020, 09:28 AM

Fully fledged laughing stock.

KingPat4
15-08-2020, 09:34 AM
Dean's must be a closet Hibbie. Nobody could say these things with a straight face.

15-08-2020, 09:35 AM
Just listened to yesterday's Superscoreboard and Darryl Broadfoot was on and said Hearts players are scheduled to have a holiday from 22nd Aug until 30th Aug and suggested they could just bring the holiday forward therefore only miss out on 1 day of training. He pointed out that it's not as if the players would be booked to fly abroad for the holiday.

Sounds like a sensible solution however Budge is either not bright enough to think of it or didn't want to pass up an opportunity to put out yet another whinging statement.

Tug Wilson
15-08-2020, 09:36 AM
Leslie, Leslie, Leslie. Oh dearie me. Think he needs help finding the plot. Lost it big time.

Spike Mandela
15-08-2020, 09:39 AM
Hearts, as usual, think the world and their uncle are against them. However they need to start being realistic, I know, I know:rolleyes:

Professor Jason Leitch made it very clear that football is a non essential industry. ‘Elite’ football has been given special dispensation for training and playing games that allow close contact. This sat alongside stringent testing and protocols to be followed. Most other non essential industries face widespread restrictions.

Hearts do not have a game of football until October, there is simply no justification for their unnecessary training and unnecessary risk of infection in what is a non essential business. Again, as usual, they are aggrieved but simply TOUGH. Stop whinging and get ****ing on with it like millions of people throughout the country.

Bostonhibby
15-08-2020, 09:42 AM
Fully fledged laughing stock.The bellend's favourite bellend.

As any good lawyer would know, a quick read of the FA rules might be an idea before becoming aghast and offering up impressive sounding solutions.

Is aghast better or worse than other Duncans who seem to be incensed and / or incredulous?

JohnMcM
15-08-2020, 09:56 AM
Leslie Deans is not "aghast"... he's a twat
:top marks

Del Boy
15-08-2020, 10:09 AM
Leslie Deans is brilliant. An absolute hoot.

jacomo
15-08-2020, 10:24 AM

Tom English and Ewan Murray are demanding answers.

Thing is, Hearts are having one of their tantrums again and we all know that it’s pointless trying to talk to them when they are in this state. Just let them wail until they’ve calmed down a bit.

In comfort blanket news, Gary McKay is on hand to remind them they are the Bigliest. Biggest in the Championship, but still:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-hearts-face-pressure-celtic-and-rangers-championship-2940465

wallpaperman
15-08-2020, 10:34 AM
Seems to be suggestions that Jason Cummings in talks with them. Probably not a surprise as he has no job and Hearts have no strikers who seem to be able to score.

Think he could do a great job for them, and while it makes me a bit queasy thinking of him playing for them, it’s a short career and you could hardly blame him.

wallpaperman
15-08-2020, 10:37 AM
Leslie Deans is brilliant. An absolute hoot.

Think he may have lost the plot, could be an age thing.

After his well publicised ‘advice’ on the legal action proved not to be very good advice, I’d have thought Annie might prefer him to shut up.

matty_f
15-08-2020, 10:37 AM
Tom English and Ewan Murray are demanding answers.

Thing is, Hearts are having one of their tantrums again and we all know that it’s pointless trying to talk to them when they are in this state. Just let them wail until they’ve calmed down a bit.

In comfort blanket news, Gary McKay is on hand to remind them they are the Bigliest. Biggest in the Championship, but still:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-hearts-face-pressure-celtic-and-rangers-championship-2940465

The problem with them demanding answers is that when they don’t like the answer they just pretend they haven’t had the answer and keep asking the same questions over and over.

It’s very clear why it’s happened, and as much as they don’t like it, there’sa good logic to it.

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2020, 10:52 AM

i think thiat dude is a tad unhinged

Heisenberg
15-08-2020, 10:55 AM
Seems to be suggestions that Jason Cummings in talks with them. Probably not a surprise as he has no job and Hearts have no strikers who seem to be able to score.

Think he could do a great job for them, and while it makes me a bit queasy thinking of him playing for them, it’s a short career and you could hardly blame him.

He’s still under contract at Shrewsbury? Played in a pre season for them during the week.

wallpaperman
15-08-2020, 11:08 AM
He’s still under contract at Shrewsbury? Played in a pre season for them during the week.

Ah thanks, thought he must have been a free agent. Less likely then, hopefully.

WhileTheChief..
15-08-2020, 11:22 AM
Deans thinks that the Celtic Aberdeen game should have been declared as 3-0 defeats to each as punishment.

Mental.

Brightside
15-08-2020, 11:27 AM
Deans thinks that the Celtic Aberdeen game should have been declared as 3-0 defeats to each as punishment.

Mental.

I actually agree with that. Fines are pointless for top level clubs.

mal
15-08-2020, 12:07 PM

You might want to read that again and think it through...

Del Boy
15-08-2020, 12:07 PM
Why do the Scotsman keep giving column inches to Deans? He is an absolute nobody, even the more normal hearts fans think he’s a tube.

Ozyhibby
15-08-2020, 12:12 PM

Personally I think hitting the players with a suspension is far more appropriate. In Aberdeen’s case that will likely result in points dropped anyway.

EskbankHibby
15-08-2020, 12:17 PM
Uncomfortable truth for our pink chums.

All of this is happening because they were bottom of the league. That's on them, absolutely their fault.

It really is that simple. No conspiracy, not unfair, they were just really really *****.

Caversham Green
15-08-2020, 12:19 PM
You might want to read that again and think it through...

It would actually work. Both clubs get zero points from the game and a negative three goal difference. A points deduction would be more painful though, and in any case I agree with Ozy that the players should get a lengthy suspension rather than punishing the clubs direct and they should not be available for the re-scheduled matches.

O'Rourke3
15-08-2020, 12:22 PM
Why do the Scotsman keep giving column inches to Deans? He is an absolute nobody, even the more normal hearts fans think he’s a tube.
Make huge amounts of money with advertising. 400000 irate Jambos, a few thousand wind up merchants looking for ammo for twitter etc. Easy money. Scotsman/EEN stopped being about news years ago. Glorified airline mag but without the charm or accuracy.

Ronniekirk
15-08-2020, 12:31 PM
I don't what their problem is. They were given special dispensation to train early because of their court case/arbitration. Now they are being brought into line with the rest of the championship. They had and still have an unfair advantage over the other 9 teams. Whole thing covered up with Budge les and spin.

That makes sense

we are hibs
15-08-2020, 01:18 PM
Why do people keep mentioning the impact it will have on Naismith playing for Scotland next month? He shouldnt be near the squad anyway. The guy is finished and will probably get injured first time he sprints. God help the national team if they are going to select naismith.

stoneyburn hibs
15-08-2020, 01:29 PM
Mikey Stewart feeling the burn, saying Hearts aren't a championship club.

truehibernian
15-08-2020, 01:33 PM
So Hearts had notified the SFA they were taking 8 days off, whilst other Championship clubs had intimated they were starting training on Monday, hence the blanket ban on training.........Hearts being very disingenuous again then :cb surprise surprise.

Leslie Deans calling the Arbitration Hearing 'secretive' and forgetting Hearts and Partick denied the decision being published in open domain :cb

Don't let facts get in the way of the truth Jambos :aok:

Oh and Leslie, enjoy the petition to get yer team into the National League North :greengrin

Bostonhibby
15-08-2020, 01:34 PM
Mikey Stewart feeling the burn, saying Hearts aren't a championship club.Even Budge can't spend their way to another relegation surely?

Maybe Mikey knows something we don't and they're heading for league one.

aljo7-0
15-08-2020, 01:34 PM
Leslie, Leslie, Leslie. Oh dearie me. Think he needs help finding the plot. Lost it big time.
Lost it when he thought he could give advice on court work Tug. Even I know not to do that

mal
15-08-2020, 01:35 PM
It would actually work. Both clubs get zero points from the game and a negative three goal difference.

No, think it through. If it were considered appropriate to dock points you wouldn't do it this way, there's just so much wrong with it. How would you play a game knowing the result in advance? What would be the point? If there were a loser then they would effectively not lose further points from the deduction, so get no punishment beyond a potential change to their goal difference. In fact, if Aberdeen were to lose 4-0 then they would benefit from the decision. If it were decided to scrap the fixture altogether then there's a benefit to the teams from not having to play a backlog game, risking injuries, bookings etc. It's nonsense.

stoneyburn hibs
Even Budge can't spend their way to another relegation surely?

Maybe Mikey knows something we don't and they're heading for league one.

😁😁

Greencore
Why do people believe their training facilities are owned by hearts 😂?

Gorebridge Hibb
15-08-2020, 01:46 PM

Still at Shrewsbury and will be starting every game according to his old man. Not going anywhere.

Bostonhibby
15-08-2020, 01:47 PM
Why do people believe their training facilities are owned by hearts [emoji23]?It's like being declared self sufficient just before putting themselves into administration.

They're in trance like state which means reality doesn't enter into it. Budge remains the only show in their wee town. Long may it continue.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2020, 01:50 PM
Still at Shrewsbury and will be starting every game according to his old man. Not going anywhere.

He’s to be the main man this season at Shrewsbury

weecounty hibby
15-08-2020, 02:01 PM
He’s to be the main man this season at Shrewsbury

Aye, but apparently when hearts coming calling no one can turn them down. Except all those players who have turned them down to join the likes of Bristol Rovers and Burton Albion.

04Sauzee
15-08-2020, 02:02 PM

Dazjambo says he's in talks and he kens everything about the famous

Gorebridge Hibb
15-08-2020, 02:05 PM

Staying where he is. Scoring goals in the pre season games. Last year of his contract though.....

truehibernian
15-08-2020, 02:05 PM

Wonder if he knows Boyce wants away :cb:greengrin

Jakhog1
15-08-2020, 02:06 PM

I know, I read that earlier, that guys track record of predicting anything hearts is abysmal, yet they still believe his pish.

mal
16-08-2020, 12:11 PM
I haven't seen any mention of this so maybe it's just me reading too much into it, but ... on last night's Sportscene, Jonathan Sutherland mentioned that O'Donnell had been a guest on the midweek programme and was now lining up for a new club. He said to Naismith - in what I thought was a pointed fashion - that it was a good show to go on if you wanted a move. Don't get me wrong, I'd far rather Naismith saw out his contract and continued to divert all the maroon pounds into his own coffers, but I wondered if this was an indication that there are unhappy bunnies currently grazing on the unused Tynecastle turf. Did anyone else pick up on this?

Col2
16-08-2020, 12:13 PM
Boyce isn’t happy at the club and looking for a move to a premier club or back down south.

Billy Whizz
16-08-2020, 12:17 PM
Boyce isn’t happy at the club and looking for a move to a premier club or back down south.

You mean Premiership, not Premier League side

Since452
16-08-2020, 12:22 PM

The fountain of knowledge that hasn't got anything right yet

Caversham Green
16-08-2020, 12:29 PM
No, think it through. If it were considered appropriate to dock points you wouldn't do it this way, there's just so much wrong with it. How would you play a game knowing the result in advance? What would be the point? If there were a loser then they would effectively not lose further points from the deduction, so get no punishment beyond a potential change to their goal difference. In fact, if Aberdeen were to lose 4-0 then they would benefit from the decision. If it were decided to scrap the fixture altogether then there's a benefit to the teams from not having to play a backlog game, risking injuries, bookings etc. It's nonsense.

Maybe I misunderstood the op - I assumed he/she was thinking that both sides couldn't lose the same game. The point I was making was that the game would not be played and neither side would have the opportunity to gain points from it but would sustain a three goal deficit. I wasn't suggesting it was a good idea, just that it wasn't impossible. My opinion is that the players should be punished with a hefty suspension as the clubs don't appear to have done much wrong.

Joe6-2
16-08-2020, 01:17 PM
Mikey Stewart feeling the burn, saying Hearts aren't a championship club.

Someone should tell him

Dashing Bob S
16-08-2020, 09:48 PM
Wonder how they’ll find a way to remind the world that they exist now that all this appeals nonsense has ran its predictable course? It’s a long time till October, and nobody is really even that bothered about the championship.

Kato
16-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Wonder how they’ll find a way to remind the world that they exist now that all this appeals nonsense has ran its predictable course? It’s a long time till October, and nobody is really even that bothered about the championship.

Start up the money laundering operation again? It's been a while. If you hear the word "docksiders" it's a sign.

mal
16-08-2020, 10:03 PM

Still to learn their legal bill from arbitration so every chance of that being "unfair" and statement-worthy.

16-08-2020, 10:08 PM
Why do people believe their training facilities are owned by hearts 😂?

Because that's what they tell people. Just like when they told people they'd built a new stadium when it was actually just 1 stand they'd built and like when they tell people it is a 20k+ seater stadium. 😯

Due to this situation with Hull using the Oriam, a lot of people who were under the impression they owned their own top class training facilities will now know that they don't.

Sammy7nil
17-08-2020, 12:24 PM
Any update on the Arbitration bill i thought it was due to be announced last week?

greenginger
17-08-2020, 12:46 PM

Vlad’s trial without Vlad should start in the autumn . :greengrin

04Sauzee
17-08-2020, 03:36 PM
🆕 The club is delighted to announce the appointment of Andrew McKinlay as Chief Executive.

📲 https://t.co/krdzdH70rI https://t.co/DMuwRXqiUy

grunt
17-08-2020, 03:51 PM
🆕 The club is delighted to announce the appointment of Andrew McKinlay as Chief Executive.

📲 https://t.co/krdzdH70rI https://t.co/DMuwRXqiUyhttps://www.scotsman.com/sport/golf/scottish-golf-stakeholders-ask-did-andrew-mckinlay-fall-own-sword-or-was-he-pushed-2545697

Scottish Golf's stakeholders are in shock over Andrew McKinlay's sudden departure as chief executive, asking: Did he fall on his own sword or was he pushed?

Bostonhibby
17-08-2020, 04:00 PM
[emoji682] The club is delighted to announce the appointment of Andrew McKinlay as Chief Executive.

[emoji390] https://t.co/krdzdH70rI https://t.co/DMuwRXqiUySounds like a great appointment, him and Ewan Murray can get together and chat about golf and Hearts.

Is the wee pitch at Tynecastle big enough for a pitch and putt or even Crazy Golf as there's not much football going on?

Moulin Yarns
17-08-2020, 04:07 PM

It was because he knows what four means 😉

CapitalGreen
17-08-2020, 04:11 PM
Jumped before he was pushed out of Scottish Golf. Interesting that upon his departure from the SFA he said he’d fallen out of love with football and no longer had a passion for it, seems like Tynecastle will be the perfect role for him then.

JohnMcM
17-08-2020, 04:18 PM
Jumped before he was pushed out of Scottish Golf. Interesting that upon his departure from the SFA he said he’d fallen out of love with football and no longer had a passion for it, seems like Tynecastle will be the perfect role for him then.

Is that's true? If it is then congratulations must be given the Ann Budge for maintaining her incredible record of dubious appointments.:agree:

The Spaceman
17-08-2020, 04:22 PM
Aaron Hickey has just signed for Bayern Munich on a 5-year deal. What a move for the boy to be fair. Apparently getting shipped to their B team who play in the Bundesliga 3.

CapitalGreen
17-08-2020, 04:26 PM
Is that's true? If it is then congratulations must be given the Ann Budge for maintaining her incredible record of dubious appointments.:agree:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Efolz89XkAES1XO?format=jpg&name=large

Since452
17-08-2020, 04:28 PM
Aaron Hickey has just signed for Bayern Munich on a 5-year deal. What a move for the boy to be fair. Apparently getting shipped to their B team who play in the Bundesliga 3.

Good. Weakens them further. Good wee player.

The 90+2
17-08-2020, 05:20 PM

No he’s not.

Fuzzywuzzy
17-08-2020, 05:51 PM
Just heard the ikpeazu is away. That's a bit disappointing

Seveno
17-08-2020, 05:52 PM

Great news that Budge is staying on to take charge of strategic long term planning.:greengrin

Billy Whizz
17-08-2020, 06:37 PM
Great news that Budge is staying on to take charge of strategic long term planning.:greengrin

Of the stand

BoomtownHibees
17-08-2020, 07:39 PM
No he’s not.

Are you as sure about this one as you were about McCrorie signing for us?

The 90+2
17-08-2020, 07:44 PM
Are you as sure about this one as you were about McCrorie signing for us?

I was positive he was signing for us. As were the club. Not sure what the dig is all about. I’m sure Hickey wants to join Celtic and they’ve now bid for him if that helps though?

BoomtownHibees
17-08-2020, 07:45 PM
I was positive he was signing for us. As were the club. Not sure what the dig is all about. I’m sure Hickey wants to join Celtic and they’ve now bid for him if that helps though?

No dig intended. Just hope it’s a different source this time 😉

The 90+2
17-08-2020, 07:46 PM
No dig intended. Just hope it’s a different source this time 😉

Nae bother mate 😁🤣

04Sauzee
17-08-2020, 08:57 PM
Shame this

Hearts friendly against English side cancelled following latest Covid-19 safety measures
Darren Johnstone Darren Johnstone
4 hours ago
Hearts have had to cancel their first pre-season friendly against Millwall as a result of the latest Covid-19 restrictions.

The clash with the English Championship outfit, who are training at Oriam this week, had been due to take place in Edinburgh on Friday.

Hearts were left ‘incensed’

G B Young
17-08-2020, 10:51 PM
Just
📲 https://t.co/frying https://t.co/DMuwRXqiUy

In his statement he says how much he's looking forward to working with Hearts 'and Oriam'. Have they just thrown that in to try to cover up their embarrassment at being banned from training there? ie trying to pretend they own it rather than just rent it like anyone else who wants to use the facilities?

Kato
17-08-2020, 11:25 PM
In his statement he says how much he's looking forward to working with Hearts 'and Oriam'. Have they just thrown that in to try to cover up their embarrassment at being banned from training there? ie trying to pretend they own it rather than just rent it like anyone else who wants to use the facilities?Maybe their new CEO is going to picking up the phone to see which mornings are available and handing out keys for the lockers. Cant see any reason it would more involve than that.

jacomo
18-08-2020, 07:56 AM
Budge appointing her own CEO and indicating she will be hanging around a good while yet, calling the shots on strategy.

Good news. More catastrophic mistakes guaranteed.

Not In The Know
18-08-2020, 07:56 AM
Maybe their new CEO is going to picking up the phone to see which mornings are available and handing out keys for the lockers. Cant see any reason it would more involve than that.

Sounds like another one of Queen Anne's Bum Chums. His track record in his last job was questionable to say the least. I wonder how many of the FoH faithful will approve of his massive salary when things aren't going to well... None of them will say word, as they just handover handfuls of cash in their sleep!

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/golf/scottish-golf-stakeholders-ask-did-andrew-mckinlay-fall-own-sword-or-was-he-pushed-2545697

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2020, 08:03 AM
Leanne Dempster must have failed the interview.

The Count
18-08-2020, 08:07 AM
He was not too popular at Scottish Golf and they were glad to get rid.

hibee-boys
18-08-2020, 08:14 AM
In his statement he says how much he's looking forward to working with Hearts 'and Oriam'. Have they just thrown that in to try to cover up their embarrassment at being banned from training there? ie trying to pretend they own it rather than just rent it like anyone else who wants to use the facilities?

They are like the 'c' list celebrities that hire out a posh looking pad for their Hello magazine home photo shoot with the aim of portraying themselves as high rollers when in fact they've got a 2bed flat in Hackney.

Keith_M
18-08-2020, 08:25 AM
They are like the 'c' list celebrities that hire out a posh looking pad for their Hello magazine home photo shoot with the aim of portraying themselves as high rollers when in fact they've got a 2bed flat in Hackney.

2 bed flats in Hackney can cost over £5M (https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-77550680.html).

You need to pick somewhere else for your example

O'Rourke3
18-08-2020, 10:49 AM
2 bed flats in Hackney can cost over £5M (https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-77550680.html).

Could be argued that like Hearts it's wrong to equate cost with value .....

WhileTheChief..
18-08-2020, 12:18 PM
Budge appointing her own CEO and indicating she will be hanging around a good while yet, calling the shots on strategy.

Good news. More catastrophic mistakes guaranteed.

Sadly we’ve probably seen the last of her statements.

If this new guy has anything about him at all he will put a stop to them and get the club acting in a grown up, professional way.

We can only hope that he is another glorious failure in the same way as every other Budge appointment has been.

hibee-boys
18-08-2020, 12:19 PM

Not the 2 bed flats in Hackney I've visited!🤣

hibbyfraelibby
18-08-2020, 12:30 PM
Not the 2 bed flats in Hackney I've visited!🤣

Did they give change or have they gone contactless in these Covid times

Keith_M
18-08-2020, 12:32 PM
Could be argued that like Hearts it's wrong to equate cost with value .....

So true

Not the 2 bed flats in Hackney I've visited!��

Fair enough

Sammy7nil
19-08-2020, 10:23 PM
Any update on the Arbitration bill i thought it was due to be announced last week?

Have I missed the outcome if not what 's the delay in the announcement?

SweetDreams
20-08-2020, 12:35 AM
We are almost at 100 days since Hearts got relegated for the second time in 6 years.

Since452
20-08-2020, 05:17 AM
We are almost at 100 days since Hearts got relegated for the second time in 6 years.

I still chuckle to myself when I think about it

Bostonhibby
20-08-2020, 07:45 AM
I still chuckle to myself when I think about itI still can't work out how the team that was rock bottom when the season ended, with the worst form and lost the crucial relegation head to head with St Mirren got relegated.

I'm incredulously incensed by the whole thing, it's so unfair. You'd think someone would have been given the chance to come up with an alternative to all this, some sort of task force with a leader with a track record of delivering might be the answer.

Northernhibee
20-08-2020, 09:16 AM

Can't be true, they've been relegated four times this year alone.

Saint Hibee
20-08-2020, 09:34 AM
I still can't work out how the team that was rock bottom when the season ended, with the worst form and lost the crucial relegation head to head with St Mirren got relegated.

I'm incredulously incensed by the whole thing, it's so unfair. You'd think someone would have been given the chance to come up with an alternative to all this, some sort of task force with a leader with a track record of delivering might be the answer.

It truly beggars belief.

jacomo
20-08-2020, 09:49 AM
I still can't work out how the team that was rock bottom when the season ended, with the worst form and lost the crucial relegation head to head with St Mirren got relegated.

This will end up in court and the wronged party have an incredibly strong case. Compensation will run into the millions.

I may not be a lawyer but I spoke to one about buying a house once so I know what I am talking about.

hibbyfraelibby
20-08-2020, 10:10 AM

...and then another 3 times in the intervening oeriod to match their winning the league 3 tines before Christmas 100 weeks ago.

Joe6-2
20-08-2020, 11:20 AM
This will end up in court and the wronged party have an incredibly strong case. Compensation will run into the millions.

I may not be a lawyer but I spoke to one about buying a house once so I know what I am talking about.

😂😂😂

Diclonius
20-08-2020, 11:32 AM
Shame this

Hearts friendly against English side cancelled following latest Covid-19 safety measures
Darren Johnstone Darren Johnstone
4 hours ago
Hearts have had to cancel their first pre-season friendly against Millwall as a result of the latest Covid-19 restrictions.

The clash with the English Championship outfit, who are training at Oriam this week, had been due to take place in Edinburgh on Friday.

Hearts were left ‘incensed’

Are they ever not incensed now?

Keith_M
20-08-2020, 11:41 AM
Are they ever not incensed now?

I think they're currently incensed at not having anything to make an over the top statement about for a few days.

Poor wee souls.

surreyhibbie
20-08-2020, 11:52 AM
Anyone else think that it strange that teams like Millwall, from London, travel all the way to the Oriam, to train?

Surely there must be nearer places for them to train than that....

what was the other team, Hull?

Skol
20-08-2020, 12:07 PM
Anyone else think that it strange that teams like Millwall, from London, travel all the way to the Oriam, to train?

what was the other team, Hull?

They would normally go abroad, so this is next best option for some kind of a training camp

Bostonhibby
20-08-2020, 02:08 PM

what was the other team, Hull?Wonder if they'll call Millwall Docksiders?

Another special relationship down the pan if they do.[emoji16]

Brightside
20-08-2020, 03:13 PM
She's released a new Vlog. :greengrin

grunt
20-08-2020, 04:11 PM
She's released a new Vlog. :greengrinHere she's talking about the new CEO McKinlay. But I wonder if she still thinks this applies to her selection of last season's manager Daniel?

When you make a senior appointment it’s really, really vital that you believe that individual will fit into the culture of the business, the culture of the club

Bostonhibby
20-08-2020, 04:16 PM
Here she's talking about the new CEO McKinlay. But I wonder if she still thinks this applies to her selection of last season's manager Daniel?Or her various appointments of the universally popular and successful Craig Levein?

Budge must stay.

FilipinoHibs
20-08-2020, 04:53 PM
I think they're currently incensed at not having anything to make an over the top statement about for a few days.

Poor wee souls.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budge-left-horrified-gobsmacked-22552723#ICID=Android_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare

jacomo
20-08-2020, 05:11 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budge-left-horrified-gobsmacked-22552723#ICID=Android_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare

“To be told that this was going to happen, I couldn’t get my head around it, and I still can’t.”

Let me help you out Budge. Scottish football feels in a precarious position right now, and the risk of other players breaching protocols is weighing on everyone’s mind.

After you have spent the last 4 months criticising the SPFL and SFA and then taking the former to court, absolutely no one is willing to do Hearts any favours, especially when the stakes are so high.

They simply don’t trust you not to f*** up.

You reap what you sow, as they say.

Fuzzywuzzy
20-08-2020, 05:45 PM
"The Jambos owner also explained Robbie Neilson's squad trimming and why she picked her new chief executive"

Her new CE? Surely she's selecting on behalf of the FOH?

Since452
20-08-2020, 05:49 PM

Aww what a sin. Shouldn't have got relegated then started training early like the big boys when no other lower league teams were ya tit

jacomo
20-08-2020, 06:27 PM
"The Jambos owner also explained Robbie Neilson's squad trimming and why she picked her new chief executive"

Her new CE? Surely she's selecting on behalf of the FOH?

Of course not. She’s not going anywhere.