PDA

View Full Version : Yams The generic Hearts thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Rocky
22-05-2020, 11:22 PM
And the moral of the story is...don't go saying there are double the number of clubs there should be when you might need to phone round everyone to beg them to save yours.

Exactly this. Plus if they stopped acting like utter dicks people might actually have some sympathy for them. Every comment they make about "self interest" of other clubs when that's exactly their own position only hardens my resolve against them. I actually don't (or didn't) want them to go bust but they're really testing that position.

CB_NO3
22-05-2020, 11:26 PM
669 pages on kickback and not one of them have mentioned what they plan to sue the SPFL for.

Not In The Know
22-05-2020, 11:27 PM
She needs support of two other clubs to even try the reconstruction vote.

To change the voting structure completely it needs to be agreed over the 11-1. We voted to change this when the huns went down, it should have simply been all the teams against Celtic. Aberdeen voted against it and hearts didn’t vote. Karma.
I didn’t know this so hearts abstained??

Hilarious as we should have taken that chance to unseat the duopoly.

Jdawg
22-05-2020, 11:28 PM
Any legal firm and QC will be seeking full payment up front given their financial position.

She could dip into her own wealth to help them survive. She’s a very clever businesswoman. They are trying the sympathy card minutes after declaring legal action. Sod them. Made their bed spending ridiculous wages on players.

Not In The Know
22-05-2020, 11:33 PM
She needs support of two other clubs to even try the reconstruction vote.

To change the voting structure completely it needs to be agreed over the 11-1. We voted to change this when the huns went down, it should have simply been all the teams against Celtic. Aberdeen voted against it and hearts didn’t vote. Karma.

WhileTheChief..
23-05-2020, 12:06 AM
669 pages on kickback and not one of them have mentioned what they plan to sue the SPFL for.

Millions.

It’s in the bank already and the rest of us are going out of business to pay them!

The 90+2
23-05-2020, 12:40 AM
Edinburgh giants!

They are going to go the same way as the basketball team with the same name. Wonderful.

The 90+2
23-05-2020, 12:41 AM

Yes. Yes they did.! We, under Petrie voted to change it also.

Jdawg
23-05-2020, 12:47 AM
They have more legal knowledge than QC’s on kickback 😂😂.

One of their posters said our “defense”. Firstly, you’ll be the pursuer so the burden of proof is on them. The pursuer funnily enough doesn’t lodge a defence, that’s for the defender. Secondly, it’s defence not defense, unless they have given up moving to the English leagues and trying their luck in American football. In fairness they are a back to front kind of team.

northgreen24
23-05-2020, 12:51 AM
This has probably been covered several times but what’s the point of budge doing reconstruction talks now they are actually down and a championship club, so let’s say they propose a 14 team or whatever why on earth would they auto get one of the 2 spots, ICT or Dundee or anyone in the championship will have just as much right now regardless of how hearts feel. Does budge expect all the championship clubs to say no probs you take one spot? I just can’t get my head round this fact

Doing it now seems too late in any event as they are one of 10 championship clubs

23-05-2020, 01:07 AM
Hope they go bust and mercer spinning in his grave leads to an earthquake solely affecting gorgie. Get it right up them.

jacomo
23-05-2020, 01:10 AM
The SPFL should consider directing some of the extra Sky money to the Championship for a season , just to keep it going.p

Yes that might well be what will happen.

The Harp Awakes
23-05-2020, 01:14 AM
Exactly this. Plus if they stopped acting like utter dicks people might actually have some sympathy for them. Every comment they make about "self interest" of other clubs when that's exactly their own position only hardens my resolve against them. I actually don't (or didn't) want them to go bust but they're really testing that position.

Nail on the head. Medals McKay was spot on. They are shameless. A spineless club.

23-05-2020, 01:36 AM
Nail on the head. Medals McKay was spot on. They are shameless. A spineless club.

Medals is a racist cretin who embodies everything wrong with Hertz. When he is the voice of reason they are a complete lost cause.

HoboHarry
23-05-2020, 01:41 AM
Medals is a racist cretin who embodies everything wrong with Hertz. When he is the voice of reason they are a complete lost cause.

That's exactly what I had been thinking.....

Waxy
23-05-2020, 06:40 AM
Hearts at the stage where they’re just bawling their eyes out now as they know they’re not conning their way back.
Take your medicine jambos you are no special case.

Onion
23-05-2020, 07:18 AM
The SPFL should consider directing some of the extra Sky money to the Championship for a season , just to keep it going.p

No problem with very basic life support for Championship clubs just to keep them going but damned if I'll see Hibs and other Prem clubs put themselves in danger or at a sporting disadvantage to the likes of Hearts who have blown millions they could not afford to. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice ....

Any team getting promoted to the Prem, should be forced to pay the subsidy back before they're allowed back up.

Gloucester Hibs
23-05-2020, 07:27 AM
David Tanner on TalkSPORT giving a staunch defence of Hearts and the injustice of it all. Didn’t realise he was a Jambo. Scott Allan on now.

The Count
23-05-2020, 07:39 AM
So Stendal who had never heard of the club before December is not taking a wage (if you believe it) yet Mr Hearts Natural Order Levein is still bleeding them dry until the end of May.They are now playing the pity card and want the rest of us to safe them from relegation.While Hearts through and through guys like Levein and Locke are still taking a wage for doing nothing.Surely they should of done the honerable thing a quit to save their beloved Hearts cash first.This pity play by Budge does not hold up they and only they paid the salaries they are niw burdened with.Let them finally learn a lesson and so no to reconstruction.

Broken Gnome
23-05-2020, 07:50 AM
They've got more chance of pulling this off now, don't they?

Not so much the sob story side of things, but the lower league implications give more ground for doing something drastic for the next one/two years?

Not In The Know
23-05-2020, 08:02 AM

Not so much the sob story side of things, but the lower league implications give more ground for doing something drastic for the next one/two years?

yep. I’ve a bad feeling about this now.

hibsbollah
23-05-2020, 08:08 AM
I turned on the radio to hear that Hertz had applied for administration protection. Sadly it became apparent after a few seconds they were talking about the rental company :boo hoo:

The Count
23-05-2020, 08:09 AM
yep. I’ve a bad feeling about this now.

So have i but even if they somehow stay in the Premier League i do think they will go into administration.

hibee-boys
23-05-2020, 08:10 AM
If they are saved from relegation they're being rewarded once again for financial mis-management. They dodged a bullet last time round when they were able to write of all debt and start from the championship. When are they ever going to face the true consequences of their actions, they have learnt nothing and will continue no doubt to go on to live beyond their means and achieve sporting advantage through cheating.

Yes I would miss the derbys but what signal does this send to other clubs who work hard at trying to balance the books and remain competitive against teams run like this? I love Hibs and would never turn my back on them but this is becoming farcical and questions why I would bother spending hundreds of pounds a year supporting a team in a league that rewards cheats. I hope they go down, if this leads to them folding then so be it, no one club should be more important than the good of scottish football and the integrity of fair competition.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 08:12 AM
Hearts in media conn trick last resort?
Do not be fooled.

flash
23-05-2020, 08:13 AM
Do not be fooled.

Are you suggesting Hertz are behind the stories in the media today?
Presumably they are responsible for coronavirus too and started the 5G rumours.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 08:15 AM

Away ye go.

Spike Mandela
23-05-2020, 08:16 AM
Do not be fooled.

Yip. Reconstruction rushed through and then miraculously Championship manages to play games and Hearts splaffing money nicking players from under our nose.

This is the death rattle of Budge’s utterly incompetent mismanagement.

flash
23-05-2020, 08:19 AM
Away ye go.

Well what do you mean then?

greenginger
23-05-2020, 08:23 AM

Yeah, but which of the full time championship clubs should get elevated to the Premier ? All of them, just Hearts , Dundee, ICT, Dunfermline ?

Broken Gnome
23-05-2020, 08:25 AM
Yeah, but which of the full time championship clubs should get elevated to the Premier ? All of them, just Hearts , Dundee, ICT, Dunfermline ?

No idea, just envisaging that we're approaching the stage where the overriding concession will be 'well we had to do SOMETHING'.

And people surely can't really think Dundee will be in the top league next season at Hearts' expense.

Onion
23-05-2020, 08:30 AM
If they are saved from relegation they're being rewarded once again for financial mis-management. They dodged a bullet last time round when they were able to write of all debt and start from the championship. When are they ever going to face the true consequences of their actions, they have learnt nothing and will continue no doubt to go on to live beyond their means and achieve sporting advantage through cheating.

Yes I would miss the derbys but what signal does this send to other clubs who work hard at trying to balance the books and remain competitive against teams run like this? I love Hibs and would never turn my back on them but this is becoming farcical and questions why I would bother spending hundreds of pounds a year supporting a team in a league that rewards cheats. I hope they go down, if this leads to them folding then so be it, no one club should be more important than the good of scottish football and the integrity of fair competition.

Well put ! Has a similar feel to Sevco 2012 trying to wangle their way into the Championship except this time any solution that involves Hearts being promoted back into the Prem will be funded by you, me and fans of clubs that have managed their businesses properly. Every penny I pay to Hibs is to be used to benefit Hibs, not used as headroom so we can bail out Hearts.

jacomo
23-05-2020, 08:31 AM

I would think that some kind of solidarity payments from the top flight to the three other SPFL divisions is possible.

A rushed reconstruction that creates a less attractive product is in no ones interest.

Hearts have rich backers and backing through FOH. They have no special case for a bail out.

Clarence
23-05-2020, 08:32 AM
Would social distancing not be a lot easier for them in the Championship given the reduced crowd sizes relative to the stadia? Fans are misreading likely to be local so less concern about travelling over distance on public transport and hardly any away fans attend these games. Don’t see why the games can’t go ahead later in summer / early autumn.

northgreen24
23-05-2020, 08:32 AM

This is exactly my issue, if they only have 2 or 4 clubs that say they can play the Season this May be considered However I would imagine Every club could continue if promoted so it’s a none starter

Why do hearts think they will get a spot are all other champ clubs happily going to give it to them with some promise down the line ........not a chance

Clarence
23-05-2020, 08:38 AM
Would social distancing not be a lot easier for them in the Championship given the reduced crowd sizes relative to the stadia? Fans are misreading likely to be local so less concern about travelling over distance on public transport and hardly any away fans attend these games. Don’t see why the games can’t go ahead later in summer / early autumn.

QOS highest attendance was 2,041 last season and their capacity is 8,690.

JimBHibees
23-05-2020, 08:43 AM

If that is what needs to happen then it should as a one off rather than an artificial reconstruction of leagues.

JimBHibees
23-05-2020, 08:45 AM

You would have thought that would be the case should be easier to hold games on that basis. Suppose bigger issue may be having money to build a squad in first place like the Pars.

Gmack7
23-05-2020, 08:48 AM
I'm sure I've read on numerous occasions they have no debt so they should be able to arrange a couple of pay day loans to see them through.
An example of their financial mismanagement is that Naismith on 50% wages of 4k PW would likely still be the highest paid player at ER. Boyce, Damour and Washington on reduced wages would be the same.
****in ridiculous for a team with a a smaller Stadium and lower average attendances than us.
SEND THEM DOWN, they deserve it

Dashing Bob S
23-05-2020, 08:51 AM
It’s interesting that apart from them (desperation) and us (laughter) and the press (the need for some kind of football related copy) not a soul is even bothering to reference this. It’s pointless to outside world, a tired joke told too often. For me though it gets funnier every damn time!

Aldo
23-05-2020, 09:06 AM
They are now scrambling about looking for a sympathy vote from everyone else because of her mismanagement.

Every other club in the country are in the same boat yet it’s all about them (and has been all along).

Why are the media not asking the question about their financial status? Surely a club of their supposed size should get into this situation for a second time.

I would suggest that if they manage to get out of this there would be outcry. They should be doing what they can to cut costs but they’ve not got many out of contract players with some still with 3 years to run.

Their plight is nothing to do with other clubs bar their own. GULP IT DOON

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easty
23-05-2020, 09:40 AM
If the Championship is genuinely not going to be played, if it’s really going to be put on hold til January, then I 100% believe that Hearts will get some kind of get out through league reconstruction.

I don’t like it, or want it, but I think that’d be the case regardless of who came bottom.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 09:41 AM
If the Championship is genuinely not going to be played, if it’s really going to be put on hold til January, then I 100% believe that Hearts will get some kind of get out through league reconstruction.

I don’t like it, or want it, but I think that’d be the case regardless of who came bottom.

Why should they?

Waxy
23-05-2020, 09:44 AM
Who said the championship might only have 18 games and start in January?
I doubt that very much.

23-05-2020, 09:53 AM
Leslie Deans talked about how clubs should show a duty of care to each other. Clubs first and foremost have to show a duty of care to their shareholders so if they think there's a chance (even just a small chance) that reconstruction comes with a cost to their clubs financially then they are duty bound to vote against it.

Ronniekirk
23-05-2020, 09:55 AM
They are now scrambling about looking for a sympathy vote from everyone else because of her mismanagement.

Every other club in the country are in the same boat yet it’s all about them (and has been all along).

Why are the media not asking the question about their financial status? Surely a club of their supposed size should get into this situation for a second time.

I would suggest that if they manage to get out of this there would be outcry. They should be doing what they can to cut costs but they’ve not got many out of contract players with some still with 3 years to run.

Their plight is nothing to do with other clubs bar their own. GULP IT DOON

It’s so much easier to go down the sympathy route than do a critique of Budge s total mismanagement of the Club
She has made a Pigs Ear of it squandering fans money
Trier should be an Independent investigation into that instead of her Bullying and blaming everyone else ( allegedly )
If they do get reinstated as it’s decided that reconstruction is Beneficial at this time .
Then Hearts should be punished in some way for Thier lack of Sporting Integrity and Financial Mismanagement It’s Corrupt and disengenuios
It’s the Tail Wagging the Dog
And to confine with that analogy
The Bitch needs Tamed and made to clean up her own *****

Greenworld
23-05-2020, 09:59 AM
I think their needs to be a big intake of breath. Every league now has its own meetings and its own plan it would seem.
Scaremongering that fans won't be allowed into a large outdoor space in say 5 Months time September!
However the first minister has started her timetable for a return to normality.
Whilst we can't be exact i think it reasonable that in 4 or 5 months that everyone will be back at work all shops will be open, buses will be normal, trains will be normal but we cannot have a crowd at an outdoor match?
Quite what the SPFL are doing here is mind boggling .
Think about it they have in Effect put Hearts in charge of restructuring Football. Worse than that they have let Anne Budge who has failed in all departments of running a football club in charge.
I take my imaginary hat off to the FOC who have pumped money in along with the mystery benefactor to the money eating machine that is Hearts.
Scotland is not alone,the stories i want to read are the SFA / SPFL are in talks with the associations that run English, French,dutch,danish etc football what are they doing going forward!
It is good the SPFL is in talks with Sky over showing lots more games. Perhaps as some have said more money can then be distributed to the championship for one season.
I do not see why the smaller leagues 1 and 2 cannot proceed as normal with the tiny crowds the will have.
I do not see why the championship cannot proceed as normal in say 4 months time .
I do not see why the premiership teams or at least 6 or seven of the teams cannot proceed as normal in 4 months time.
Maybe just maybe celtic and rangers due to the larger crowds might need to be TV only for a while but the rest no problem.
The leagues do not need altered its the thinking that needs altered and some strong Leadership from The SPFL AND SFA.
i rest my case .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

greenginger
23-05-2020, 10:02 AM
And where has Benny Factor gone in their hour of greatest need ??

He/she/it was always there to put icing on their cake with player cost subsidies and mega Stand contributions , but when the need is really there , to buy the flour for the cake-bake , reported missing.

Greenworld
23-05-2020, 10:03 AM

He/she/it was always there to put icing on their cake with player cost subsidies and mega Stand contributions , but when the need is really there , to buy the flour for the cake-bake , reported missing.Benny has lost fortunes in the markets so they are long gone

Billy Whizz
23-05-2020, 10:05 AM
Why should they?

And why just Hearts, should include Caley, Dundee and Ayr, all had a chance of getting up

Greenworld
23-05-2020, 10:08 AM
And why just Hearts, should include Caley, Dundee and Ayr, all had a chance of getting upThats why the leagues are fine your rattling of team that make for a great league.

Mikey
23-05-2020, 10:09 AM

He/she/it was always there to put icing on their cake with player cost subsidies and mega Stand contributions , but when the need is really there , to buy the flour for the cake-bake , reported missing.

Correct, Benny is only ever there when the playing side needs a boost. They don't clear debts.

Keith_M
23-05-2020, 10:50 AM

Like this one?

Hertz File For Bankruptcy (https://mhv.dailyecho.co.uk/news/national/18470875.car-rental-company-hertz-files-bankruptcy-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/)

jacomo
23-05-2020, 10:52 AM
Benny has lost fortunes in the markets so they are long gone

Hibs.net FACT

FilipinoHibs
23-05-2020, 11:11 AM

Missing when they went into admin and missing now. Present on both occasions - Budge.

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2020, 12:15 PM
stuart cosgrove quite rightly saying on OTB that heartz need to stop saying they were expelled, they haven't been expelled

i really wish now they were indeed expelled

Blaster
23-05-2020, 12:17 PM
Richard Gordon agreed which I was surprised with. Says he understands why it can seem to be a bit unfair but they had 30 games not to be bottom and need to accept it.

Real Emerald
23-05-2020, 12:19 PM
Richard Gordon agreed which I was surprised with. Says he understands why it can seem to be a bit unfair but they had 30 games not to be bottom and need to accept it.

They would still be bottom even after 31 games too.

Mikey
23-05-2020, 12:24 PM
stuart cosgrove quite rightly saying on OTB that heartz need to stop saying they were expelled, they haven't been expelled

If they keep going on about being expelled, and continue to use it in their official statements, their players might be able to use it against them as they'll have relegation clauses, not expulsion clauses :greengrin

Blaster
23-05-2020, 12:24 PM

Very true 👍

calumhibee1
23-05-2020, 12:25 PM

And games 32-38. They were never getting out of it. Every time they played the teams around them they blew it.

Seveno
23-05-2020, 12:27 PM
Budge to small clubs - Most of you should not exist in the senior game.
Budge to small clubs - Please help my club to exist.

Multi-tasking par excellence.

FilipinoHibs
23-05-2020, 12:32 PM
Benny has lost fortunes in the markets so they are long gone

That came from somebody else as well. Do you have any evidence? Equities have bounced back so losses are about 15%. Apart from oil everything ekse look ok.

Heisenberg
23-05-2020, 12:35 PM
Really just want it all sorted now. It’s dragging on and on. Meeting on Monday with the Championship clubs to discuss delaying and cutting their season drastically. Hearts will most likely wait for this before putting out their reconstruction proposal. I think if it goes to a vote it’ll be closer than I initially expected because of the clear attempt at gaining sympathy through the press. Ann has probably upset a few too many people over recent years to gain enough backing though.

Jim44
23-05-2020, 12:38 PM

They’re now asking folk to text or phone in with ways that Hearts can be accommodated. :rolleyes:

Aldo
23-05-2020, 12:42 PM
Really just want it all sorted now. It’s dragging on and on. Meeting on Monday with the Championship clubs to discuss delaying and cutting their season drastically. Hearts will most likely wait for this before putting out their reconstruction proposal. I think if it goes to a vote it’ll be closer than I initially expected because of the clear attempt at gaining sympathy through the press. Ann has probably upset a few too many people over recent years to gain enough backing though.

Let’s hope so. I believe Budge has leaked this to the media in a desperate attempt to get sympathy. Shocking behaviour throughout all of this by Budge and Hearts and for those looking in I want you to enter Admin 2 or to go pop altogether.

All their own doing but everyone else’s fault.

**** em

Billy Whizz
23-05-2020, 01:08 PM
From a poster on kickback

“Just to put into context for those that say we are in a better position than most.

Our operating costs were £800k a month, even with wage cuts and stripping back everything do we actually believe £135k from FOH and what £100k a month equivalent in ST sales (3000*£300/12) is going to cover that ?

We are going to be running at a loss and a significant one I'm not sure how long we could do that for before we are in trouble.

Yes there will be a parachute payment and merchandise sales but that wont be alot of cash.

Make no mistake we are in the **** at present”

calumhibee1
23-05-2020, 01:13 PM

“Just to put into context for those that say we are in a better position than most.

Our operating costs were £800k a month, even with wage cuts and stripping back everything do we actually believe £135k from FOH and what £100k a month equivalent in ST sales (3000*£300/12) is going to cover that ?

We are going to be running at a loss and a significant one I'm not sure how long we could do that for before we are in trouble.

Yes there will be a parachute payment and merchandise sales but that wont be alot of cash.

Yup. They are.

And it’s all their own fault for throwing around money they can’t afford only a few years after going into administration because they’ve done it before.

Relegation, administration, points deduction. Please let it happen.

Hibeesforever
23-05-2020, 01:15 PM
Sportsound saying that Hearts have advised they are not going bust as they have FOH and Benefactors...why were these articles leaked to the press then... All part of Budgies spin machine, embarrassing!

Sammy7nil
23-05-2020, 01:17 PM
BBC reporting Hearts are in a great financial position, Benny Factors in place and 600 new FoH donations.

So no need to feel guilty everything at the PBS is fine. I am chuffed for them as I was worried about them :wink:

Perhaps the BIG team can help out other clubs as they are all about What is best for Scottish football.

Other than Celtic they seem best placed to handle a relegation so for the good of all perhaps they will accept it. Then again perhaps the squealing will continue.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 01:17 PM
Other leagues in Europe are not restructuring.
French judge has said Amiens must be relegated.
Belgium have relegated. No restructure.
Thats the One and two ranked FIFA countries.
England will relegate on average points with no restructure.
Scotland have already relegated.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 01:19 PM
Sportsound saying that Hearts have advised they are not going bust as they have FOH and Benefactors...why were these articles leaked to the press then... All part of Budgies spin machine, embarrassing!

Disgusting. They know it.

Jdawg
23-05-2020, 01:20 PM
Hearts Fans want everyone who voted no to go bust. (A) be careful what you wish for and (B) their fans thoughts should be passed round the no voting clubs.

PatHead
23-05-2020, 01:21 PM

Is that self sufficient Hearts?

hibeerealist
23-05-2020, 01:23 PM
BBC reporting Hearts are in a great financial position, Benny Factors in place and 600 new FoH donations.

So no need to feel guilty everything at the PBS is fine. I am chuffed for them as I was worried about them :wink:

Perhaps the BIG team can help out other clubs as they are all about What is best for Scottish football.

Now that they have firmly put to bed any rumours of their demise the SPFL clubs can now vote on the merits of any proposal put forward by AB without having concerns that to vote against will kill off Hertz.

Thanks Hertz /AB for clearing that up it could well be important when most clubs vote against your begging proposal.

Ronniekirk
23-05-2020, 01:23 PM

600 new F O H Donations What does that take thier to total to
Maybe that’s Budges plan all along Stir up the masses get them on her side siege mentality like The Rangers and more money to squander
Credit in that it’s something we can’t seem to do

jeffers
23-05-2020, 01:27 PM
According to Budge no club should be financially impacted as a result of the pandemic, but I’ve yet to read her say Hibs should not have been dropped down a place. Presumably she’s ok with average points per game being used so long as it doesn’t impact Hearts.

Sammy7nil
23-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Maybe that’s Budges plan all along Stir up the masses get them on her side siege mentality like The Rangers and more money to squander

Yeah credit to the Hearts fans they seem to have absolutely no concerns about throwing their hard earned cash at the black hole. :aok:

04Sauzee
23-05-2020, 01:29 PM
Brilliant from the St Mirren fans 😂

https://twitter.com/CairtersSMFC/status/1264170118126370816?s=19

Billy Whizz
23-05-2020, 01:29 PM
Yeah credit to the Hearts fans they seem to have absolutely no concerns about throwing their hard earned cash at the black hole. :aok:

Budge knows who to reel them in

04Sauzee
23-05-2020, 01:31 PM

Only hear about new sign ups never cancellations. Still good going from the muppets.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2020, 01:32 PM
Yeah credit to the Hearts fans they seem to have absolutely no concerns about throwing their hard earned cash at the black hole. :aok:It's a great effort no doubt, but unless you are thicker than a very thick thing it has to be soul destroying to reach a certain point and realise you're actually worse off than when you started, then decide to give more money to the folk that got you there.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Aldo
23-05-2020, 01:34 PM

Other than Celtic they seem best placed to handle a relegation so for the good of all perhaps they will accept it. Then again perhaps the squealing will continue.

Do Benny factors bring relied upon for them to survive etc.

Budge has leaked these stories to the media.

**** them I hope they get this proposal and vote blown out water

Sammy7nil
23-05-2020, 01:36 PM

Foundation of Hearts
@The_FOH
Through the month of May, we have had not much short of 300 new pledges or increased pledges. Absolutely unbelievable. If ever anyone doubted the resolve of @JamTarts supporters when the going gets tough, step up and have a long, hard look. #pledgeforlife

21:21 - 22 May 2020

Maybe 600 is a slight exaggeration :rolleyes:

Rumble de Thump
23-05-2020, 01:36 PM
I'm sure their employees who they threatened with the sack unless they accepted less money than they were owed will be delighted to hear that FOH and the benefactor are keeping the club in decent financial shape.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 01:37 PM
According to Budge, no club should be financially impacted due to the coronavirus pandemic, even if it means cheating.

Lee Marvin
23-05-2020, 01:41 PM
Benny Factor is still there but doesnt seem the current staffs wages as important enough. They are ****. Pure ****.

HoboHarry
23-05-2020, 01:43 PM
Foundation of Hearts
@The_FOH
Through the month of May, we have had not much short of 300 new pledges or increased pledges. Absolutely unbelievable. If ever anyone doubted the resolve of @JamTarts supporters when the going gets tough, step up and have a long, hard look. #pledgeforlife

How many have withdrawn from contributing due to the financial implications of Covid?

GloryGlory
23-05-2020, 01:56 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/car-rental-firm-hertz-files-for-bankruptcy-after-pandemic-losses/ar-BB14upX2?ocid=spartandhp :wink: :greengrin

Hibs4185
23-05-2020, 02:12 PM
So now that benefactors and extra FOH members are in place, I guess they will be changing their players from cuts to deferments?!

Irish_Steve
23-05-2020, 02:40 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/car-rental-firm-hertz-files-for-bankruptcy-after-pandemic-losses/ar-BB14upX2?ocid=spartandhp :wink: :greengrin

You need to keep up, been done already on the thread ;)

grunt
23-05-2020, 02:43 PM
New donations could just be this month's direct debits. If you were going to announce new members of FOH you'd use a different word, surely?

Eyrie
23-05-2020, 03:28 PM
They’re now asking folk to text or phone in with ways that Hearts can be accommodated. :rolleyes:

They're already being accommodated in the second tier with the place that they earned through their performances last season.

brog
23-05-2020, 03:42 PM
That came from somebody else as well. Do you have any evidence? Equities have bounced back so losses are about 15%. Apart from oil everything ekse look ok.

I agree with you on this but I'm not convinced Benny has disappeared. AFAIK these donations were not publicised at the time & we only know about them from the annual accounts. We probably would not know if donations are currently being made.
In the last 3 years, really the first supposedly normal trading years post Administration, Hearts have declared a profit every year for a grand total profit of £7.1m. In Scottish football terms those are outstanding results. However, in those 3 years Hearts have received donations totalling £8.8m without which they would have made a loss every single year for a total of £1.7m. In addition Hearts have made a profit of £1.2m in player sales in the last 3 years. Without those & the donations their average losses for the last 3 years are almost £1m per year. I still think that Budge is the most likely candidate to be Benny. IIRC she was originally intended to hand over to F of H in 2019 & you can bet phrases such as robust financial health, would have been banded about on handover. Her ego & reputation would have been bolstered despite the underlying figures, as above, being anything but healthy. The pandemic & current financial crisis has meant Hearts have had to confront the reality of the situation & possibly explains Budge's increasingly bizarre behaviour. I think her reputation means everything to her & there's no way now, even without relegation that she can pretend to be handing over a financially sound club.
I believe Hearts will survive but relegation will stretch them to the limit & IMO, a player fire sale is pretty much guaranteed.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2020, 03:45 PM
Just to clarify I think Budge pulled it out of her ass.

With an arse that size, she could have picked a number much bigger.

jacomo
23-05-2020, 04:29 PM

Nae bother. Hearts are sorted financially and we don’t need to waste another second worrying about them.

hhibs
23-05-2020, 04:56 PM
Brilliant from the St Mirren fans 😂

https://twitter.com/CairtersSMFC/status/1264170118126370816?s=19

Excellent stuff and so deserved.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Hearts should be runaway favourites for the championship next season but if they decide to only make it an 18 game season then the title race becomes a bit of a sprint. There will be little room for error and a bad start may be punished more than normal. They really should be focusing on getting in a new manager and start preparing.

jacomo
23-05-2020, 08:33 PM
Hearts should be runaway favourites for the championship next season but if they decide to only make it an 18 game season then the title race becomes a bit of a sprint. There will be little room for error and a bad start may be punished more than normal. They really should be focusing on getting in a new manager and start preparing.

They’ll have 6 months prep time tho. Should be enough even for them.

Glory Lurker
23-05-2020, 08:43 PM
Hearts? Are they still a thing?

jacomo
23-05-2020, 09:07 PM
Foundation of Hearts
@The_FOH

Staunch support,

KeithTheHibby
23-05-2020, 10:26 PM

Yet their season ticket sales are not above 3k as yet. Says it all.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 10:30 PM
Hearts? Are they still a thing?

Na no really.

23-05-2020, 10:42 PM

Yet their season ticket sales are not above 3k as yet. Says it all.

They want to support their club but not actually watch them play football. 😂😂

G B Young
24-05-2020, 10:19 AM
I notice that Stendel has confirmed he is out of contract but has also suggested he has 'unfinished business' at Hearts.

Is his stock really so low now that he'd consider managing in a lower Scottish league on what would surely be a vastly reduced salary? Other clubs would still likely consider employing him if he made a big play of the fact the season was cut short, which prevented him saving the yams from the drop. He should actually be thankful that the season was ended early as his reputation really would have been shot when they ended up going down anyway after 38 games.

Or is he just keeping his options open with this sort of talk?

Steven79
24-05-2020, 10:26 AM
I notice that Stendel has confirmed he is out of contract but has also suggested he has 'unfinished business' at Hearts.

Is his stock really so low now that he'd consider managing in a lower Scottish league on what would surely be a vastly reduced salary? Other clubs would still likely consider employing him if he made a big play of the fact the season was cut short, which prevented him saving the yams from the drop. He should actually be thankful that the season was ended early as his reputation really would have been shot when they ended up going down anyway after 38 games.

Or is he just keeping his options open with this sort of talk?Keeping his options open I imagine...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
24-05-2020, 10:32 AM
How many have withdrawn from contributing due to the financial implications of Covid?I asked Stuart the guy that runs it that question and to fair he answered around 15 -20 . Not many . They are pumping over 125k every month into the club which is quite amazing really.

We don't seem to have the appetite to do something similar but season Ticket sales seems to be our way of supporting financially.

So hopefully to fans continue to buy them not seen an update lately anyone know where we are numbers wise?

Hibs4185
24-05-2020, 10:39 AM
I asked Stuart the guy that runs it that question and to fair he answered around 15 -20 . Not many . They are pumping over 125k every month into the club which is quite amazing really.

We don't seem to have the appetite to do something similar but season Ticket sales seems to be our way of supporting financially.

So hopefully to fans continue to buy them not seen an update lately anyone know where we are numbers wise?

There is a distinct different.

FOH was born out of absolute desperation or there would be no Heart of Midlothian football club.

Hubs luckily have never had the need for such a mechanism but I am 100% confident if hibs ever suffered such severe financial mismanagement then the fans would step up.

HSL was a chance for hibs fans to own a majority of the club but when the club is comfortable financially, then there wasn’t a massive appetite which is understandable.

Hearts fans can say hibs fans didn’t step up, but I’d rather not need to step up in the first place.

jacomo
24-05-2020, 12:38 PM
I asked Stuart the guy that runs it that question and to fair he answered around 15 -20 . Not many . They are pumping over 125k every month into the club which is quite amazing really.

Just confirms that Hearts have enviable access to cash and will be well insulated from financial impact of Covid 19 and relegation.

PatHead
24-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Just confirms that Hearts have enviable access to cash and will be well insulated from financial impact of Covid 19 and relegation.

So no need to allow them special access to the Premiership.

tamig
24-05-2020, 01:55 PM

FOH was born out of absolute desperation or there would be no Heart of Midlothian football club.

Hubs luckily have never had the need for such a mechanism but I am 100% confident if hibs ever suffered such severe financial mismanagement then the fans would step up.

HSL was a chance for hibs fans to own a majority of the club but when the club is comfortable financially, then there wasn’t a massive appetite which is understandable.

Hearts fans can say hibs fans didn’t step up, but I’d rather not need to step up in the first place.
I’m not having a go, but this is an example as to the complacency behind the relative failure of HSL. I’d love more folk to have donated and been able to pump over an extra £1m a year onto the pitch.

Ronniekirk
24-05-2020, 02:15 PM
I’m not having a go, but this is an example as to the complacency behind the relative failure of HSL. I’d love more folk to have donated and been able to pump over an extra £1m a year onto the pitch.

Agree I have always contributed and will continue to do so as long as I feel the money is going towards player recruitment

hibbyfraelibby
24-05-2020, 02:16 PM

You've got to give the dedication of the deep under-cover hibbys on KB...

hibbyfraelibby
24-05-2020, 02:21 PM

600 new donations? Even if true is more likely some of the cancelled DDs being reactivated not new donator. At £5.00 a pop the £3k a month/ £36k per year boost will last them 2days and 5hrs at their current reduced state of expenditure...delaying Admin 2 from a fortnight tomorrow to a fortnight on Wednesday.😉

brog
24-05-2020, 02:25 PM

We already did. Back in 1990 many of us bought shares to help thwart the Mercer takeover, notably Kenny Waugh, knowing our shares would be worthless. STF subsequently honoured them but they have no value.

Man Down Under
24-05-2020, 02:25 PM
I've decided I don't really care what happens.

I have genuinely swayed back and forth on weather Hearts deserve to be relegated or not.
Yes they do, because they have been poor all season and are bottom of the league. If they finished the league in January it would be a bit more controversial, but we are at the end of the season. I don't think we should trade 8 weeks of football that will affect the outcome of one or two teams, for a whole season of football that will affect every team and Scottish football as a whole.

But then we hear Hearts might go bust. Personally, I don't want any teams to bust, even Hearts. As I said, we want the best for Scottish football and teams going bust is not good.

But how did they get themselves in that position? They come out of admin a few years ago for over spending, then decide to splash loads of cash on a new stadium and new players with no back up plan for injuries, plus general miss management that reflects the troubles they created in the first place.

They seriously have not learned and that sort of behaviour can't be sympathised with or, more importantly, rewarded.

But, is it worth them going bust over?

Then I decided, why worry? Hibs have done really well so far to steer the ship in these troubled waters. Honestly, I think they have made the most pro active decisions in terms of keeping ourselves and Scottish Football alive, so lets keep our energy and ideas focused on that, rather than another team that only care about themselves.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
24-05-2020, 02:28 PM

Or is he just keeping his options open with this sort of talk?

His "un-finished" business is probably his contract termination payment and his defered wages (we were only told he's not taking a wage not that he's declined it completely)

Viva_Palmeiras
24-05-2020, 02:33 PM

Easy to criticise HSL but from the time of club 86 and more recently requests for a “fighting fund/managers fund” at the time of £150k for Leigh, options for fans to support the club through a direct cash injection has been considered and avenues explored. Prior to a limit on purchasing numbers Kicks for Kids was a feasibly unbound means of contributing to the club - and giving something back in return. And now HSL.

For what ever reason (be it circumstance, differing demographics and disposable income) we have not hit the heights but to put suggest on (mainly volunteers) as an excuse to me is a cop-out.

For me that’s the thing that’s never really been solved... it’s really over to the support - who have been magnificent - but and here’s my point - the mechanisms for injecting cash into the club are already there.

KingPat4
24-05-2020, 02:33 PM
The longer this goes on, the more convinced I am that whatever shape football takes on it's return, Hearts will be in the top tier.

Budge is like the jobbie that will not flush away, I do not understand why she has not been told to bolt?

:confused:

Greenworld
24-05-2020, 02:45 PM
The longer this goes on, the more convinced I am that whatever shape football takes on it's return, Hearts will be in the top tier.

Budge is like the jobbie that will not flush away, I do not understand why she has not been told to bolt?

:confused:I don't think so they way this seems to be panning out we are plossibly looking at just 2 leagues this season . If that is the case then it will be as it stands

The 90+2
24-05-2020, 02:47 PM
His "un-finished" business is probably his contract termination payment and his defered wages (we were only told he's not taking a wage not that he's declined it completely)

Keeping the job so his pals stay in employment during this period would be a master stroke.

GreenCastle
24-05-2020, 02:53 PM
I’m still confident they won’t be in the same league as Hibs next season.

The top 12 have all the power and won’t vote for a larger league or temporary reconstruction.

The legal case...spoke to a lawyer friend who is a Jambo and I asked him if they reckon they have a case..he simply said no. If there was a case why wait. You would go straight away and make that case.

Why don’t they suggest keeping the top league as 12 and increase the rest ?

tamig
24-05-2020, 03:12 PM
Easy to criticise HSL but from the time of club 86 and more recently requests for a “fighting fund/managers fund” at the time of £150k for Leigh, options for fans to support the club through a direct cash injection has been considered and avenues explored. Prior to a limit on purchasing numbers Kicks for Kids was a feasibly unbound means of contributing to the club - and giving something back in return. And now HSL.

For what ever reason (be it circumstance, differing demographics and disposable income) we have not hit the heights but to put suggest on (mainly volunteers) as an excuse to me is a cop-out.

For me that’s the thing that’s never really been solved... it’s really over to the support - who have been magnificent - but and here’s my point - the mechanisms for injecting cash into the club are already there.
I agree. I’m not sure if you misunderstood my point. I’m a supporter of HSL and will continue to support as long as it exists.

My main point was “the club are doing ok and I already buy my ST so why should I give them an more of my hard earned?” attitude seems to behind a lot of folk’s thinking which has contributed to the relative failure of HSL compared to FOH.

Waxy
24-05-2020, 03:36 PM

I have genuinely swayed back and forth on weather Hearts deserve to be relegated or not.
Yes they do, because they have been poor all season and are bottom of the league. If they finished the league in January it would be a bit more controversial, but we are at the end of the season. I don't think we should trade 8 weeks of football that will affect the outcome of one or two teams, for a whole season of football that will affect every team and Scottish football as a whole.

But then we hear Hearts might go bust. Personally, I don't want any teams to bust, even Hearts. As I said, we want the best for Scottish football and teams going bust is not good.

But how did they get themselves in that position? They come out of admin a few years ago for over spending, then decide to splash loads of cash on a new stadium and new players with no back up plan for injuries, plus general miss management that reflects the troubles they created in the first place.

They seriously have not learned and that sort of behaviour can't be sympathised with or, more importantly, rewarded.

Then I decided, why worry? Hibs have done really well so far to steer the ship in these troubled waters. Honestly, I think they have made the most pro active decisions in terms of keeping ourselves and Scottish Football alive, so lets keep our energy and ideas focused on that, rather than another team that only care about themselves.

Does that mean its still ok for us to vote no if we have to vote?

24-05-2020, 04:03 PM

FoH have already said Hearts won't go bust and I don't think it is bulls**t. I actually thought Hearts were going all out for the sympathy vote and if they were then the FoH comment has reduced their chances of getting it. Clubs will hopefully cast their vote on reconstruction based on what is best for themselves instead of what others might try and pressure them into.

Roy MacGregor's comments on Sportsound were interesting, he thinks the 12 team top league works and the Ross County fans prefer 33 games before the split compared to say 26 in a 14 team league. I totally agree with that.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-05-2020, 04:13 PM
I agree. I’m not sure if you misunderstood my point. I’m a supporter of HSL and will continue to support as long as it exists.

My main point was “the club are doing ok and I already buy my ST so why should I give them an more of my hard earned?” attitude seems to behind a lot of folk’s thinking which has contributed to the relative failure of HSL compared to FOH.
Sorry should have been clearer - I was following on from your point.

FilipinoHibs
24-05-2020, 04:19 PM

You would imagine there would be a drop off in FOH as the Covid 19 hits people's incomes.

mowgli
24-05-2020, 04:33 PM
600 new donations? Even if true is more likely some of the cancelled DDs being reactivated not new donator. At £5.00 a pop the £3k a month/ £36k per year boost will last them 2days and 5hrs at their current reduced state of expenditure...delaying Admin 2 from a fortnight tomorrow to a fortnight on Wednesday.😉

They actually are mostly new donations,there are a few reactivated, that figure now stands at 823 and rising. The minimum payment is £10 not £5 as you stated.

jacomo
24-05-2020, 05:40 PM

Set your mind at ease.

Hearts have rich backers. They won’t go bust.

hibbyfraelibby
24-05-2020, 05:52 PM
They actually are mostly new donations,there are a few reactivated, that figure now stands at 823 and rising. The minimum payment is £10 not £5 as you stated.

Ok then 4 days and 10 hrs of liquidity...just puts the inevita le back to a Friday😉

Peevemor
24-05-2020, 05:58 PM

Club 86 was specifically for youth development and only cost £6 per month. Not really comparable to more recent initiatives IMO.

Aldo
24-05-2020, 06:17 PM

I do care but don’t care about Hearts and hope they do go bust. Cheating thieving club that bumps local businesses and charities and are doing what they do best at the moment. Screwing everyone over to ensure they are ok.

The last few weeks have proved that.

Tick tock

Juniper Greens
24-05-2020, 07:05 PM
Agree I have always contributed and will continue to do so as long as I feel the money is going towards player recruitment

I thought it was a great idea and contributed monthly until the moment they changed the rules to start buying shares from investors. At that point I cancelled my DD and made more of an effort to support the club in other ways (BTG, Halftime draw, clubstore etc)

calumhibee1
24-05-2020, 08:46 PM
I do care but don’t care about Hearts and hope they do go bust. Cheating thieving club that bumps local businesses and charities and are doing what they do best at the moment. Screwing everyone over to ensure they are ok.

The last few weeks have proved that.

Tick tock

:agree:

After their behaviour the last few weeks and attitude towards every club that isn’t helping them out to their own detriment, I couldn’t give a toss if they went bust.

Sergio sledge
24-05-2020, 09:42 PM
Set your mind at ease.

Hearts have rich backers. They won’t go bust.

That can't be right, Queen Ann told us that one of the reasons they had to force their players to take a pay cut or no pay at all was because they weren't like other clubs with rich owners to bail them out, because they're fan owned they don't have that option.

Except for Mr Ben E Factor of course, but he miraculously went missing when the current staff wages needed paid, only to resurface with backing for next season when they need to show fans they're not in financial difficulty.

Man Down Under
25-05-2020, 12:54 AM
Set your mind at ease.

Hearts have rich backers. They won’t go bust.Yeah that's another thing that annoys me. They're claiming they will go bust to gain sympathy when in actual fact they'll probably be fine. It's like parking in a disabled spot when you've only stubbed your toe.

Dashing Bob S
25-05-2020, 06:10 AM
Only an idiot would put money into into Scottish football in general and Hearts in particular right now. You would have confidence in the budge regime in you were sane.

But they’ve -astonishingly- managed to scam the fans again with FOH donations up. Whether you regard this as incredible loyalty or abject stupidity is a matter of perspective, but they’ve managed to make their supporters once again pay for a crisis generated by their clubs mismanagement.

Dmas
25-05-2020, 06:15 AM
Only an idiot would put money into into Scottish football in general and Hearts in particular right now. You would have confidence in the budge regime in you were sane.

But they’ve -astonishingly- managed to scam the fans again with FOH donations up. Whether you regard this as incredible loyalty or abject stupidity is a matter of perspective, but they’ve managed to make their supporters once again pay for a crisis generated by their clubs mismanagement.

You would have to think they’re in the position now of forcing Queeny out now surely? This whole incident and legal battle will have her back on side though by the time the football restarts it’ll be too late another year of her footballing decisions to come before the goons realise she’s the problem

Gloucester Hibs
25-05-2020, 07:05 AM

Got to offset your piss poor ST uptake somehow I suppose. Are you fan-owned yet?

Waxy
25-05-2020, 07:30 AM
Hes the guy who posted this before they played St Mirren.

Zero shame. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200413/17ea9fcf4a81639b1d44b40b80224681.jpg

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

St Mirren say no i think.

mowgli
25-05-2020, 10:03 AM
Got to offset your piss poor ST uptake somehow I suppose. Are you fan-owned yet?

I don't think any clubs should be selling season tickets. There wont be any fans at games till 2021.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 10:06 AM
I don't think any clubs should be selling season tickets. There wont be any fans at games till 2021.

Where has that been announced? Or have you just made that up yourself?

Greenworld
25-05-2020, 10:08 AM
I don't think any clubs should be selling season tickets. There wont be any fans at games till 2021.Hearts certainly seem to be going down that road , so i understand that being in the championship.
Hibernian on the other hand in the
Premiership will be back in front of fans by september 2020

jacomo
25-05-2020, 10:08 AM

I’m starting to think Hearts are a deadweight trying to drag Scottish football down with them.

We are facing huge problems and none of them are helped in any way by that club.

Waxy
25-05-2020, 10:11 AM
I’m starting to think Hearts are a deadweight trying to drag Scottish football down with them.

We are facing huge problems and none of them are helped in any way by that club.

Pretty much hearts causing all the fake armageddon news in the media lately.

Greenworld
25-05-2020, 10:18 AM
Your right but when your wage bill is 9 mill a season what have you to loose

Keith_M
25-05-2020, 11:02 AM

The motivation for many of us buying Season Tickets, without a guarantee of getting to see a game, is pretty much the same as the initial motivation for Hearts Fans donating money to FoH, to ensure the survival of the club we support.

I totally get why a lot of people feel they wouldn't want to buy a Season Ticket if they're getting nothing for their purchase but those donating currently to FoH aren't getting much back either, but they still do it, as they obviously feel their club need the cash.

steviehibsleith
25-05-2020, 11:31 AM

I think things are changing rapidly the infection and death rate is dropping in line with countries who contacted this virus earlier. China today has only 80 cases active so we could be down to single figures by August. Tests are becoming faster and cheaper and Astra Zeneca for one are stating Vaccine by Autumn.

We are just over two months in and I’m positive like many so in 3 months Start September I think we will have a different picture completely. Not thinking total normality but reduced numbers attending games.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 11:40 AM
I think things are changing rapidly the infection and death rate is dropping in line with countries who contacted this virus earlier. China today has only 80 cases active so we could be down to single figures by August. Tests are becoming faster and cheaper and Astra Zeneca for one are stating Vaccine by Autumn.

We are just over two months in and I’m positive like many so in 3 months Start September I think we will have a different picture completely. Not thinking total normality but reduced numbers.

Totally agree.

HibbyAndy
25-05-2020, 12:19 PM

We are just over two months in and I’m positive like many so in 3 months Start September I think we will have a different picture completely. Not thinking total normality but reduced numbers attending games.

ancient hibee
25-05-2020, 12:22 PM

I think you maybe underestimate how much Nicola has been affected by the care homes shambles.It’ll be (over?)caution all the way from now on.

delbert
25-05-2020, 01:30 PM

How long do you think it will take to vaccinate the entire population of even the developed world ? This will take a lot longer than September to sort out and I doubt football, fans, players or officials will be near the top of anybody’s list.

Andy74
25-05-2020, 01:35 PM
How long do you think it will take to vaccinate the entire population of even the developed world ? This will take a lot longer than September to sort out and I doubt football, fans, players or officials will be near the top of anybody’s list.

There’s no way the world is going to continue to stand still until everyone is vaccinated. We don’t do that with any other viruses anyway.

It will reach a point where on balance more and more will be switched back on.

If the number of cases does dwindle to minimal levels then prolonged restrictions are going to do more bad than good.

JeMeSouviens
25-05-2020, 01:54 PM

We don't need to vaccinate all. We need to make the vulnerable safe.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 02:48 PM
Reading Man Utd have cancelled Periera’s loan fee, saves them £130k. That’s quite a sizeable loan fee to begin with

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2019-2020/_sto7757756/story.shtml

easty
25-05-2020, 02:51 PM
Reading Man Utd have cancelled Periera’s loan fee, saves them £130k. That’s quite a sizeable loan fee to begin with

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2019-2020/_sto7757756/story.shtml

I read it as £130k in loan fees across three different players out at 3 different clubs. No idea how it was split, but a third each would be a saving of £43k for hearts.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 03:06 PM
I read it as £130k in loan fees across three different players out at 3 different clubs. No idea how it was split, but a third each would be a saving of £43k for hearts.

Think you’re right, I only had a glance at it

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 03:13 PM
To be fair, they would have had a cheek charging for him.[emoji23]

Jack
25-05-2020, 04:09 PM

Open all the bars put the vaccine in the beer it shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes to vaccinate the entire population!

GreenCastle
25-05-2020, 04:13 PM

German football is already back.
England going back to games soon..Spain and Italy too..

A vaccine may never be found.

Things have improved dramatically in 2 months - that’s including some of of the shambles we have seen at government level.

Football will be back in Scotland sooner rather than later - I am 100% confident come January 2021 we will be back to normal with stadiums etc - September till January it may be slightly different.

hibbyfraelibby
25-05-2020, 05:39 PM

Things have improved dramatically in 2 months - that’s including some of of the shambles we have seen at government level.

Football will be back in Scotland sooner rather than later - I am 100% confident come January 2021 we will be back to normal with stadiums etc - September till January it may be slightly different.

Aye right Jason

CockneyRebel
25-05-2020, 05:40 PM
Open all the bars put the vaccine in the beer it shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes to vaccinate the entire population!

You should get into politics mate - you've got my vote!

mcohibs
25-05-2020, 05:46 PM

Think you're in for a shock

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 06:41 PM
Shame Man United have let them off, might keep the lights on a bit longer.

Tommy75
25-05-2020, 07:04 PM

Another special relationship blossoming.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 07:06 PM

That’s 2 duds they’ve now had from Man Utd, long may it continue

Waxy
25-05-2020, 07:17 PM

If the statistics keep going the way they are going, the virus could be gone long before Jan 21.

jacomo
25-05-2020, 07:18 PM

Next time she’s in Manchester, Budge is going to be blushing at all the admirers she has. How can she keep such wealthy and attractive suitors happy?

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 08:44 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200525/0324d60f18a410eed0578db11b7e1230.jpg

RyeSloan
25-05-2020, 08:58 PM
If the statistics keep going the way they are going, the virus could be gone long before Jan 21.

Thing is no one knows.

The optimistic view is that the virus is contained, the second wave never comes, TTI keeps a lid on everything and we progress to normal much faster than people think possible just now. The AstraZeneca dude was even suggesting that they won’t be able to properly test the vaccine due to the virus potentially dying out too quickly!

The opposite is of course just as possible.

Things can change rapidly though, back in Feb the thought of 10 weeks of lockdown seemed near impossible. Now we have people suggesting getting out of social distancing and re- gaining normality is near impossible.

For me I’m going the optimistic route until otherwise proven and reckon we’ll be back in September with full stadiums!!

Hibs4185
25-05-2020, 09:32 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200525/0324d60f18a410eed0578db11b7e1230.jpg

Glad hearts are making plans for their place in the championship

G B Young
25-05-2020, 11:07 PM
Record report tonight saying Championship clubs talked for over 3 hours today and it's looking like they can't get playing again until November-ish or whenever fans are allowed back. Very bad news for the yams.

STILL no sign of their reconstruction master plan apparently.

ScottB
25-05-2020, 11:12 PM

A hospital down south closed its doors to new patients today after a spike. In the last couple weeks we’ve had crowds of idiots swarming to beaches and VE Day parties, all setting the stage for more spikes to come.

The virus won’t be gone, it’s endemic now. Only a vaccine will have a chance at it being gone, until then, it’s going to be with us, with levels of restriction varying as local case numbers require.

FilipinoHibs
26-05-2020, 05:48 AM
A hospital down south closed its doors to new patients today after a spike. In the last couple weeks we’ve had crowds of idiots swarming to beaches and VE Day parties, all setting the stage for more spikes to come.

The virus won’t be gone, it’s endemic now. Only a vaccine will have a chance at it being gone, until then, it’s going to be with us, with levels of restriction varying as local case numbers require.

Only the lockdown is keeping it under control. Start mass gatherings again like football matches where people are close yo each other for prolonged periods and it will take off again. The opening up in the US will bear that out.

EI255
26-05-2020, 05:59 AM
Can you imagine what the queues at the turnstiles will be like when crowds are allowed to return? Gone will be the days of leaving the pub at 1445.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
26-05-2020, 06:00 AM

Only the lockdown is keeping it under control. Start mass gatherings again like football matches where people are close yo each other for prolonged periods and it will take off again. The opening up in the US will bear that out.

To just give you an an example, the death rate in Liverpool is more than twice that of Scotland for the virus. Much of this can be traced down to the ill fated Liverpool vs. Atletico Madrid game. The idea that we can have a full top flight card every week in Scotland with live crowds before we have a vaccine or there is mass immunity (will take 2 years) is pure fantasy.

Jones28
26-05-2020, 08:47 AM
Can you imagine what the queues at the turnstiles will be like when crowds are allowed to return? Gone will be the days of leaving the pub at 1445.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Every game will be like a league cup group match. With crowds of 6000 will they make money on games at that rate?

GreenCastle
26-05-2020, 09:04 AM
Think you're in for a shock

We will see.

Life isn’t going to standstill and wait. There is a risk in all elements of life.

At the same time I can fully understand the situation and respect what is being asked.

I also think Scotland being a smaller country may help us.

We are easing out of lockdown in 2 days - 2 months on..2 further months and expect life to feel more like normal again as people are out and about and people back at work - home / office / kids back at school etc.

ancient hibee
26-05-2020, 09:49 AM
We will see.

Life isn’t going to standstill and wait. There is a risk in all elements of life.

At the same time I can fully understand the situation and respect what is being asked.

I also think Scotland being a smaller country may help us.

We are easing out of lockdown in 2 days - 2 months on..2 further months and expect life to feel more like normal again as people are out and about and people back at work - home / office / kids back at school etc.

I think your expectations are going to be torpedoed.There will only be a handful of kids at school in two months and the vast majority of people who can work from home will continue to do so.Scotland may be a small country but our population is heavily concentrated which is why our infections rate is higher than the UK average.I notice that the number of people admitted to hospital in Lothian has started to rise.

Col2
26-05-2020, 09:53 AM
I think your expectations are going to be torpedoed.There will only be a handful of kids at school in two months and the vast majority of people who can work from home will continue to do so.Scotland may be a small country but our population is heavily concentrated which is why our infections rate is higher than the UK average.I notice that the number of people admitted to hospital in Lothian has started to rise.

Based on current trajectory the daily deaths could be single figures by end of July. Other countries that have come out of lockdown have seen numbers continue to drop. In two months time I think things will be very different but not back to normal. Football and concerts will be last to be populated with full crowds.

Keith_M
26-05-2020, 10:16 AM

Not a dig or anything but, why it would take longer at the turnstyles.

Are they planning on checking people's temperature, or something like that?

:dunno:

Sioux
26-05-2020, 10:23 AM
Every game will be like a league cup group match. With crowds of 6000 will they make money on games at that rate?

Hardly likely in Hibs' case. We've got over 7,000 STs so no one will be paying at the gate.

GreenCastle
26-05-2020, 11:00 AM

I don’t disagree with you about schools and work. Again I’m not suggesting everything is back to full normality.

We enter phase 1 on 28th May

Phase 2 - possibly month later - July

Phase 3 - possibly month later - August

Phase 4 - January 2021 ?

All very probable.

Jones28
26-05-2020, 12:50 PM
Hardly likely in Hibs' case. We've got over 7,000 STs so no one will be paying at the gate.

Fag packet maths makes me think that we couldn’t socially distance any more than 7k on the stadium.

Keith_M
26-05-2020, 01:01 PM
Fag packet maths makes me think that we couldn’t socially distance any more than 7k on the stadium.

If we were able to make use of Murrayfield, that wouldn't be an issue.

Some people have stated that they're against that, as they don't want football money to go to another sport but, IMHO, that's false logic, as any money going to the SRU would be more
than balanced out by having the possibility of having an extra 10-12k fans in attendance.

JeMeSouviens
26-05-2020, 01:16 PM

Show your working! :greengrin

If it's 2m distancing then I think you're talking about 1/6 of capacity aren't you? So 3500 for ER.

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2020, 01:21 PM

If it's 2m distancing then I think you're talking about 1/6 of capacity aren't you? So 3500 for ER.

Each ST holder gets a half each🙂

ancient hibee
26-05-2020, 01:24 PM

So 2m distancing means 2m in every direction-right,left,in front,behind and diagonally.Interesting calculation:greengrin

Ozyhibby
26-05-2020, 01:38 PM
I think we are only country using 2m distancing. By August that could have changed and with test and protect in place we will be able to cope with any breakouts very quickly.

lord bunberry
26-05-2020, 01:47 PM

Fans from the same household will be able to sit together.

Ozyhibby
26-05-2020, 01:50 PM
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18474171.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The Falcon
26-05-2020, 01:51 PM

I think everybody will be analysing the situation in the US extremely closely

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2020, 01:52 PM
Take East stand as an example

32 rows at 232 seats per row

Simplifying the back of the fag packet calculation

32 rows high by 232 seats wide

3 rows vertical = c2m
Row width =120m
Seating area =2400m squared
Supporter space = 2m squared

1200 supporters in East socially distanced
1200 supporters in West
900 supporters in FF
900 supporters in South
Total of 4200 fans on seating decks

Fill in the corners and at a push 5000 max socially distanced fans at a game.😉

The 90+2
26-05-2020, 01:58 PM

3 rows vertical = c2m
Row width =120m

1200 supporters in West
900 supporters in FF
900 supporters in South

Surely groups of families can all sit together meaning it’s not one person per distancing. Even two groups m of families by the time we’re allowed to play.

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2020, 02:01 PM
Surely groups of families can all sit together meaning it’s not one person per distancing. Even two groups m of families by the time we’re allowed to play.

Have you seen the FF Lower? My density figures would be greater😉

JeMeSouviens
26-05-2020, 03:00 PM

Never thought of that - that does help, certainly with STs as you can plan how they sit in advance.

Assuming no walk ups or away fans, then you might get near to that 7K? People in great seats now are going to have to put up with being shifted all over the place though.

StevesFamau5
26-05-2020, 05:14 PM
Big teams wait till June before they buy tickets.....

Edit - my boss and his family are hearts fans so our work email gets flooded with this rubbish https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200526/e1d196bef796467f472fce793c8545e0.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

CockneyRebel
26-05-2020, 05:42 PM

3 rows vertical = c2m
Row width =120m

1200 supporters in West
900 supporters in FF
900 supporters in South

How would we get to our seats - dropped in by crane/chopper? You would have to go to the first available row and got to the end, repeat until row is full then keep repeating for each row. What happens when one punter needs a pee? How would we get past each other? How many stewards needed to supervise this? How many stewards could actually cope with this. With social distancing for the queues from Easter Road or Lochend and into the stadium and to your seat it would take hours and hours to get the required amount of punters seated. If you're first in and last out you will have to allow for the about 6/7 hours (including the match, queuing and getting in and out). My timings are all guesswork but you see where I'm going with this? Not easy.

CockneyRebel
26-05-2020, 05:47 PM

They would still have to queue and with social distancing the queue could go all the way to London Road.

Seveno
26-05-2020, 05:50 PM
I would be in favour of wearing face masks. Especially if it stifled the moaning old git that sits behind me.

Keith_M
26-05-2020, 05:57 PM
They would still have to queue and with social distancing the queue could go all the way to London Road.

Only if they're stupid enough to only open a couple of turnstyles.

I think there's about forty* in total and they could surely open half of those and retain social distancing.

The punters could also help by arriving that bit earlier than usual (not a problem if the pubs are shut)

* Just checked online and there's fifty three.

Ronniekirk
26-05-2020, 06:02 PM
How would we get to our seats - dropped in by crane/chopper? You would have to go to the first available row and got to the end, repeat until row is full then keep repeating for each row. What happens when one punter needs a pee? How would we get past each other? How many stewards needed to supervise this? How many stewards could actually cope with this. With social distancing for the queues from Easter Road or Lochend and into the stadium and to your seat it would take hours and hours to get the required amount of punters seated. If you're first in and last out you will have to allow for the about 6/7 hours (including the match, queuing and getting in and out). My timings are all guesswork but you see where I'm going with this? Not easy.

My wife wouldn’t believe me if I was away that long plus another three hours travel
I would stay in a hotel the night before
Oh wait no hotels open ffs

Jones28
26-05-2020, 06:17 PM

Yes if everyone had to sit individually, but like lord bunberry has said there would be groupings from the same house that could sit together.

But it’s most likely less than 7000.

Barney McGrew
26-05-2020, 06:19 PM
More from @JamTarts Ann Budge on 14-14-14/14-14-16 reasoning: "The proposed changes, creating 3 bigger leagues, means that if, unfortunately, some Clubs cannot see a way to play this season, there will hopefully be sufficient Clubs in each League to allow the Season to go ahead. The Premiership needs Hearts more than the Championship does. The Championship needs @PartickThistle more than the lower Leagues do. Let’s focus on dealing with the problem of saving Scottish Football from a position which plays to our strengths and minimizes our weaknesses"

SaulGoodman
26-05-2020, 06:21 PM
More from @JamTarts Ann Budge on 14-14-14/14-14-16 reasoning: "The proposed changes, creating 3 bigger leagues, means that if, unfortunately, some Clubs cannot see a way to play this season, there will hopefully be sufficient Clubs in each League to allow the Season to go ahead. The Premiership needs Hearts more than the Championship does. The Championship needs @PartickThistle more than the lower Leagues do. Let’s focus on dealing with the problem of saving Scottish Football from a position which plays to our strengths and minimizes our weaknesses"

Just want to thank Anne Budge for completely destroying her whole plan in one sentence. “The premiership needs Hearts more than the championship does” mental.

Barney McGrew
26-05-2020, 06:23 PM
Just want to thank Anne Budge for completely destroying her whole plan in one sentence. “The premiership needs Hearts more than the championship does” mental.

That sentence sums their horrible club up perfectly. They think they’re better than everyone else and have a right to play in the Premiership regardless of how pish they are.

Irish_Steve
26-05-2020, 06:58 PM
A horrible club with horrible fans

Jambofox: The SPFL and lots of clubs are desperate to get Ann’s proposal ASAP so they can kick it out.

Ann just make them wait .... slowly clubs will die one by one and the remainder will be desperate for survival ...... just make them wait until they promise to vote yes and do it it the Hearts way - Gorgie Rules!

And if so many clubs die that Scottish football ceases to exist in its current format just walk away and find somewhere else to play! A club like Hearts will be a major asset to any league!

Dashing Bob S
26-05-2020, 07:14 PM

This is meant to be arrogant as the whole exercise is about engendering the sense of entitlement and subsequent victimhood required to create the siege mentality to get the dim supporters to pay for their crisis.

No way is this about reorganization- that ship barely left the port, let alone ever sailed.

The Spaceman
26-05-2020, 07:22 PM

Jambofox: The SPFL and lots of clubs are desperate to get Ann’s proposal ASAP so they can kick it out.

Ann just make them wait .... slowly clubs will die one by one and the remainder will be desperate for survival ...... just make them wait until they promise to vote yes and do it it the Hearts way - Gorgie Rules!

And if so many clubs die that Scottish football ceases to exist in its current format just walk away and find somewhere else to play! A club like Hearts will be a major asset to any league!

Gorgie Rules is the single most cringeworthy expression I know in football. That is even trying to be objective. Cringe, cringe, cringe.

Jones28
26-05-2020, 07:28 PM

3 rows vertical = c2m
Row width =120m

1200 supporters in West
900 supporters in FF
900 supporters in South

That’s a ****ing big fag packet you’ve got there.

jacomo
26-05-2020, 07:36 PM

They are a major embarrassment.

Waxy
26-05-2020, 09:25 PM
Hes the guy who posted this before they played St Mirren.

Zero shame. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200413/17ea9fcf4a81639b1d44b40b80224681.jpg

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Not only that, but the premier needs hearts more than the championship does.

Rumble de Thump
26-05-2020, 09:54 PM
The Premier league needs teams of a much higher quality than Hearts. And ideally ones that live within their means.

Bostonhibby
26-05-2020, 09:58 PM
The Premier league needs teams of a much higher quality than Hearts. And ideally ones that live within their means.Yep, they toiled all season, overspending specifically to stay up and still couldn't get off the bottom, not good enough for the premier league on merit. They might have a right good go at improving enough in their championship season to be of sufficient quality to stay up next time they're in the top flight.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
26-05-2020, 10:15 PM

What a staggeringly stupid thing to put in a proposal to try and garner support for your grand plan. Clueless doesn't cover it.

Keith_M
27-05-2020, 07:53 AM

Seriously? I'm handing my Season Ticket back in protest.

ballengeich
27-05-2020, 08:23 AM

How does the proposed restructure make any difference to clubs' survival? Will play resume sooner? Will the Covid virus leave town knowing it can't outwit the superhero Mrs Budge?

There's a similar delusion on sevco fan sites. Clubs releasing players is a result of ending the season early then not supporting Rangers request for an investigation into the vote.

The occasional sensible post pointing out that financial problems are the result of a pandemic rather than SPFL procedures gets ignored or shouted down.

calumhibee1
27-05-2020, 08:27 AM
How does the proposed restructure make any difference to clubs' survival? Will play resume sooner? Will the Covid virus leave town knowing it can't outwit the superhero Mrs Budge?

There's a similar delusion on sevco fan sites. Clubs releasing players is a result of ending the season early then not supporting Rangers request for an investigation into the vote.

The occasional sensible post pointing out that financial problems are the result of a pandemic rather than SPFL procedures gets ignored or shouted down.

I just asked that elsewhere.

They keep saying this is going to save the clubs/Scottish football, but how does this make teams more likely to survive? It’s like they’ve just decided that’s the narrative they’re going with and never once decided to explain why clubs other than Hearts and Inverness will be better off because of this?

PatHead
27-05-2020, 08:29 AM
Seriously? I'm handing my Season Ticket back in protest.

Fortunately my sons have left home.

jacomo
27-05-2020, 08:29 AM

They keep saying this is going to save the clubs/Scottish football, but how does this make teams more likely to survive? It’s like they’ve just decided that’s the narrative they’re going with and never once decided to explain why clubs other than Hearts and Inverness will be better off because of this?

It doesn’t.

A 14 team top flight is the worst possible compromise - changes a league which has seen rising attendances in recent years and a newly signed TV deal... for what?

PatHead
27-05-2020, 08:30 AM

Probably got Dominic Cummings to write it. Seems like his style.

jacomo
27-05-2020, 08:45 AM
Is there a reason why Hearts haven’t published this proposal in full on their website?

The SPFL, all the clubs and the media get to read it - why don’t the fans?

JohnMcM
27-05-2020, 10:26 AM

That is simply staggering in it's belligerence, self importance and lack of empathy. This person probably needs serious help to be re-integrated back into normal society.:greengrin

jonty
27-05-2020, 10:35 AM

Hearts need the premier league more than the premier league needs Hearts.
And Championship clubs will welcome the increased number of Hearts fans (well, for the money) over the limited number of Partick fans, surely?

Very Cummings-esque. "Its all about me and I don't give a **** who can see through this bull****"

Greenworld
27-05-2020, 10:45 AM
Hearts have offered to fund COVID-19 testing for other Scottish clubs should their reconstruction proposal be accepted, with their mystery benefactors committing their support for a further five years.

Now I'm not legal expert but this has to be Bribery or other longer legal words .

Keith_M
27-05-2020, 10:52 AM
Hearts have offered to fund COVID-19 testing for other Scottish clubs should their reconstruction proposal be accepted, with their mystery benefactors committing their support for a further five years.

Now I'm not legal expert but this has to be Bribery or other longer legal words .

So now it's both Bribery and Threats. What a classy bunch.

27-05-2020, 11:17 AM

Blackmail is a longer word.

Jones28
27-05-2020, 11:22 AM
Why can’t the mystery benefactor support them throughout their spell in the championship instead?

Smartie
27-05-2020, 11:23 AM

In all fairness, the Championship already has maroon pounds from having Arbroath in there.

CockneyRebel
27-05-2020, 11:50 AM
Only if they're stupid enough to only open a couple of turnstyles.

I think there's about forty* in total and they could surely open half of those and retain social distancing.

The punters could also help by arriving that bit earlier than usual (not a problem if the pubs are shut)

* Just checked online and there's fifty three.

So we'd have approx 25 queues instead of approx 5/6? You would have to have 1 queue for each entrance (5/6?) which would then split into however many turnstyles are open within each entrance - not nearly enough space for social distancing unless you have hunnerds of stewards, who would need to patrol the whole length of each queue (including those inside/outside the stadium and beyond) until everyone was in. You have to break it down fully to see how horrendous the logistics become if the full range of safety precautions are applied to the whole exercise even with a restricted attendance.

Tommy75
27-05-2020, 07:26 PM
Why can’t the mystery benefactor support them throughout their spell in the championship instead?

Exactly. Or stepped up to cover players wages when Budge 'encouraged' players in to taking a pay cut.

"Take a pay cut or your sacked" - joke of club.

Keith_M
27-05-2020, 08:29 PM
So we'd have approx 25 queues instead of approx 5/6? You would have to have 1 queue for each entrance (5/6?) which would then split into however many turnstyles are open within each entrance - not nearly enough space for social distancing unless you have hunnerds of stewards, who would need to patrol the whole length of each queue (including those inside/outside the stadium and beyond) until everyone was in. You have to break it down fully to see how horrendous the logistics become if the full range of safety precautions are applied to the whole exercise even with a restricted attendance.

They put fences up outside supermarkets to do that. I'm sure they could manage the same at football.

It's really not that complicated, just needs a bit of thought and preparation.

FilipinoHibs
27-05-2020, 09:13 PM
They put fences up outside supermarkets to do that. I'm sure they could manage the same at football.

It's really not that complicated, just needs a bit of thought and preparation.

But 20,000 people are not trying to enter in a short space of time.

Tommy75
27-05-2020, 09:53 PM

Yes I think your right, all the social distancing requirements will need to be thought out on top of things like fire safety etc.

I think something like staggered arrival times should be given some thought. Who knows what it will look like when we get back to big events. Definetly queues and a lot of waiting I'd imagine.

Sammy7nil
27-05-2020, 10:05 PM
Yes I think your right, all the social distancing requirements will need to be thought out on top of things like fire safety etc.

I think something like staggered arrival times should be given some thought. Who knows what it will look like when we get back to big events. Definetly queues and a lot of waiting I'd imagine.

Sounds a lot like Disney

Jack
27-05-2020, 10:14 PM
I think by the time we get back to watching football social distancing will have been reduced to 1 metre.

My apologies to all those with fag packets and calculators ;-)

Ozyhibby
27-05-2020, 10:44 PM
I think by the time we get back to watching football social distancing will have been reduced to 1 metre.

My apologies to all those with fag packets and calculators ;-)

I agree. I think we are the only country using 2 metres anyway.

Kavinho
28-05-2020, 12:58 AM

Ireland and New Zealand too

Auckland Hibs
28-05-2020, 01:45 AM
Ireland and New Zealand too

Correct for NZ.

HoboHarry
28-05-2020, 02:26 AM
6 feet here, if you said 2 metres here you'd get blank looks for the most part 😂😂

plhibs
28-05-2020, 04:56 AM

It's been 2 metres here all the time and doesn't look like changing any time soon. Don't think any sports will be played here with fans in the stadiums this year, the NFL are planning to try but there's a huge lot of things that have to change quickly for that to happen. Just don't ask The Donald lol.

FilipinoHibs
28-05-2020, 05:09 AM

2m in the Philippines.

The Wireless
28-05-2020, 06:34 AM

Sounds a lot like Disney

Staggered arrival times. Lol :na na:

Very difficult to get supporters arriving at a particular time as traffic, roadworks etc dictate.

It just won’t happen in practise and for evening or lunchtime matches most supporters are
struggling to arrive at KO on time as it is.

Brunswickbill
28-05-2020, 07:45 AM
Nothing new. I’ve seen quite a few fans staggering on arrival before games.

Brightside
28-05-2020, 07:46 AM

Very few people sticking the the 2m rule in any busy places.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2020, 07:53 AM
It's been 2 metres here all the time and doesn't look like changing any time soon. Don't think any sports will be played here with fans in the stadiums this year, the NFL are planning to try but there's a huge lot of things that have to change quickly for that to happen. Just don't ask The Donald lol.

It looks different in America because it looks like a large part of the population has not bought into the measures to control the virus. Here, almost everyone has (except the Tory govt) so I can see stadiums open with everyone observing the rules the same way they do with trips to Tesco and B&Q. It’s a pain but if it’s what it takes then we will do it.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2020, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=Sammy7nil;6186088]

Staggered arrival times. Lol :na na:

Very difficult to get supporters arriving at a particular time as traffic, roadworks etc dictate.

It just won’t happen in practise and for evening or lunchtime matches most supporters are
struggling to arrive at KO on time as it is.

I think people are and will be willing to change their behaviour in order to make it work.

Kojock
28-05-2020, 08:01 AM
Exactly. Or stepped up to cover players wages when Budge 'encouraged' players in to taking a pay cut.

"Take a pay cut or your sacked" - joke of club.

And at the same time an email was winging its way to agents telling them Hear7s had money to spend on players.

Wat Dabney
28-05-2020, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE=The Wireless;6186194]

I think people are and will be willing to change their behaviour in order to make it work.

Are you assuming everyone will be sober? :greengrin People don't always act responsibly after a few drinks.

FilipinoHibs
28-05-2020, 08:25 AM
It looks different in America because it looks like a large part of the population has not bought into the measures to control the virus. Here, almost everyone has (except the Tory govt) so I can see stadiums open with everyone observing the rules the same way they do with trips to Tesco and B&Q. It’s a pain but if it’s what it takes then we will do it.

The death rate per million in Scotland is 2.5 times that of the USA. Mass gatherings are out for some time here especially with our population concentrated in the narrow central belt.