PDA

View Full Version : Yams The generic Hearts thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Gloucester Hibs
19-12-2019, 07:14 AM
Worst new manager bounce in history?

It's a dreadful new manager bounce! Losing your first game to the side sat bottom of the table doesn't happen too often/ever! Hamilton away on Saturday has become massive for them, lose that and Stendal's honeymoon period will be well and truly over and the gunts will be questioning his every decision guaranteed.

Barney McGrew
19-12-2019, 07:22 AM
As everyone knows, Hibs live rent free inside every one of their heads every day of the week. Most of them will see Hamilton on Saturday as an irrelevance, all they’ll be interested in is beating us on Boxing Day.

If we beat them, then it will be the beginning of the end for Herr Stendel.

The 90+2
19-12-2019, 07:56 AM
Calderwood lost his first four games, the fourth being a home derby against Hearts.

I still think we're going to have the pull all the stops to get a win at Tynecastle. They will up their game against us no matter who the manager is. How many times have we seen this before?

Yep. I’m not confident at all.

Cataplana
19-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Calderwood lost his first four games, the fourth being a home derby against Hearts.

I still think we're going to have the pull all the stops to get a win at Tynecastle. They will up their game against us no matter who the manager is. How many times have we seen this before?

I would think losing to Hamilton would make them Extreme jittery.

Smartie
19-12-2019, 08:23 AM
It’ll be as tough a game as usual, only this time I think if we took the lead they would implode.

Since452
19-12-2019, 09:00 AM
Hearts always raise their game against Celtic at Tynecastle. Did Levein not end Celtics unbeaten run? They'll raise it against us too that's a certainty. The real questions for them need answered against the likes of Hamilton this weekend

we are hibs
19-12-2019, 09:06 AM
It’ll be as tough a game as usual, only this time I think if we took the lead they would implode.

How many times have we actually opened the scoring at tynie? Only one i can remember recently was cummings in 2015. Think you would need to go back to Riordans penalty for the last time before that.

Blaster
19-12-2019, 09:25 AM
I see Celtic fans complaining about getting into tynecastle last night. Usual shambles it seems. Not sure how hearts get away with it. Be the same on Boxing Day. At least it’s daylight!

McSwanky
19-12-2019, 09:28 AM
How much did they spend on that pitch again? It was looking lush last night.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Diclonius
19-12-2019, 09:38 AM
How many times have we actually opened the scoring at tynie? Only one i can remember recently was cummings in 2015. Think you would need to go back to Riordans penalty for the last time before that.

We've scored the first goal at Tynecastle five times in the last twenty years. The two you've mentioned, the Brian Kerr game and in two draws (1-1 and 4-4).

In the same period, Hearts have opened the scoring at Easter Road eleven times.

RyeSloan
19-12-2019, 10:09 AM
How much did they spend on that pitch again? It was looking lush last night.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

What got me was not only was it looking yellow and bare in huge swathes but how poorly it drained.

The rain only really started heavy half way through the second half but by the time they finished the whole thing had surface water on it. Maybe just a matter of it being half mud and the floodlights making it look worse than it was but boy did it look terrible.

matty_f
19-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Just read the EEN reports and reaction. Plenty are happy with that. They're in bigger trouble than I thought.

I can't believe they're happy with that! They could have lost 5 or 6 goals last night.

Without a word of a lie, there were points last night where my son and I laughed out loud at how bad they were.

Northernhibee
19-12-2019, 11:10 AM
If we beat them on the 26th we need a rousing rendition of “One Daniel Stendel”.

I don’t know if he’d recover from that with their fans.

hibeerealist
19-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Hearts always raise their game against Celtic at Tynecastle. Did Levein not end Celtics unbeaten run? They'll raise it against us too that's a certainty. The real questions for them need answered against the likes of Hamilton this weekend

Losing 2-0 to Celtic at home is no big deal to them it is usually more than that.

Hamilton is a dodgy one for them as they are both in the scrap at the bottom.

Hertz and their fans only interested in one game over this period, Boxing Day - beat Hibs and all is well.

We really need to be handing out a few doings to them on a regular basis, that puts them back in their boxes AND will flame the depression that will set in should we do so.

We need to take these games as seriously as they have done for the last 40 years.

Sioux
19-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Just noticed a gem from their FOH AGM;

"The question of how funds are spent was raised in questions in relation to how to motivate people to continue to pledge and engaging with people.

Ann mentioned having our own training centre."

Must be the first time they've ever admitted that they don't have one.

KeithTheHibby
19-12-2019, 12:31 PM
For the first 20 minutes they got stuck in about Celtic not allowing them to play.

Once Celtic got going they really exposed them defensively. He doesn't have the players to play that type of game and I would like to think with the pace of Boyle we could exploit them.

That pitch though is utter dug *****.

Jim44
19-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Is their pitch problem not due to staging a pop concert there, shortly after it had been laid?

NeilT
19-12-2019, 01:09 PM
If we beat them on the 26th we need a rousing rendition of “One Daniel Stendel”.

"One Ann Budge" might be even better

Cataplana
19-12-2019, 01:36 PM
"One Ann Budge" might be even better

I think we have to get over ourselves and salute their fans.

If they hadn't been so up their own jacksies, they would never have fallen for any of this.

There has to be something we can do to thank them.

mjhibby
19-12-2019, 01:40 PM
Easy to be up for the Celtic game. The test for stendel is the Hamilton game. Can he motivate them and get it right tactically. Hamilton will be up for the battle,that's for sure. I know beating us means everything to them but this is in reality their biggest game over the holiday period. Lose and they have a real dogfight. Win and that might just ease the pressure. Not for the faint hearted.

Baader
19-12-2019, 01:45 PM
Boxing Day will be a tough one for us, make no mistake.

we are hibs
19-12-2019, 02:16 PM

Would rather avoid this.

Can remember hearts fans singing stubbsy stubbsy at 2-0 up as the teams left the park for HT in February 2016. Look how that ended up..

Since452
19-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Joel Sked of the EEN reckons Hearts will pick up because he kicks every ball on the sidelines. Whats that, 12 games without a win as manager? Need to do more than jump around on the sidelines

Peevemor
19-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Joel Sked of the EEN reckons Hearts will pick up because he kicks every ball on the sidelines. Whats that, 12 games without a win as manager? Need to do more than jump around on the sidelines

It's a pity that their problems are on the pitch.

makaveli1875
19-12-2019, 02:32 PM

Its got Stendels 1st win written all over it

matty_f
19-12-2019, 02:33 PM

I think one of their players tried to pass to him during the second half last night. :agree:

Since452
19-12-2019, 02:34 PM
I think one of their players tried to pass to him during the second half last night. :agree:

😂

Oscar T Grouch
19-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Is their pitch problem not due to staging a pop concert there, shortly after it had been laid?

That was the start of the problems, at the AGM I believe they said the current problem was to do with over seeding :confused: and lack of sunlight. £1million that cost, one million quid gone on a pitch that is no better than the old one they ripped up to put this one in :greengrin

matty_f
19-12-2019, 02:56 PM
That was the start of the problems, at the AGM I believe they said the current problem was to do with over seeding :confused: and lack of sunlight. £1million that cost, one million quid gone on a pitch that is no better than the old one they ripped up to put this one in :greengrin

It's like they're actually trying to waste money. :agree:

Since452
19-12-2019, 03:06 PM
I still think the pitch fiasco is deliberate. They will do anything to bring teams down to their level. Did they not grow the grass extra long to play Celtic recently? A bowling green surface means they would have to try and play football which we all know isn't the Hearts way. It's like Budge spent a million quid in good faith then somebody told her a tattie field would actually gain more points after all.

Alan62
19-12-2019, 03:17 PM
The pitch situation is just another sign of incompetence. They spent a lot of (other people's) money redeveloping their pitch and just haven't looked after it properly. They hosted a vanity concert during peak growing time and whatever artificial lighting system they're using to compensate for the lack of sunlight, it isn't adequate. The bottom line is that they've pretty much wasted another £1million to get themselves a no better situation than they already had. Long may it continue.

Barman Stanton
19-12-2019, 03:24 PM
They are certainly getting desperate. There is even a thread on KB saying they should go for Griffiths!! :faf:

Since452
19-12-2019, 03:28 PM
They are certainly getting desperate. There is even a thread on KB saying they should go for Griffiths!! :faf:

Thought the hated him for calling an ex player a refugee?

Barman Stanton
19-12-2019, 03:34 PM

The fickle world of a football fan eh. I more found it hilarious any of them thinking Griffiths would go near them!

Bostonhibby
19-12-2019, 03:35 PM
That was the start of the problems, at the AGM I believe they said the current problem was to do with over seeding :confused: and lack of sunlight. £1million that cost, one million quid gone on a pitch that is no better than the old one they ripped up to put this one in :greengrinJeez, all that money spent trying, and failing, to create a castle view when it's a sun view they really needed all along.

I'm pretty sure Mrs doctor Budge can reposition the sun and get it to stay out a bit longer.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
19-12-2019, 03:46 PM
So does them getting beat 2-0 by Celtc as well mean they're on a par with Hibs?

Cataplana
19-12-2019, 03:56 PM
Jeez, all that money spent trying, and failing, to create a castle view when it's a sun view they really needed all along.

I'm pretty sure Mrs doctor Budge can reposition the sun and get it to stay out a bit longer.

I thought they already owned the sun, as they can control who is in the shadow, and who isn't.

Bostonhibby
19-12-2019, 03:57 PM
So does them getting beat 2-0 by Celtc as well mean they're on a par with Hibs?Only if the handicapper allows them a completed 20,000 seater stadium, their own training facilities, a grass pitch, 10 points and somehow finds a way to disregard all those millions headstart we keep hearing about.[emoji6]

Jack Hackett
19-12-2019, 04:18 PM
Just noticed a gem from their FOH AGM;

"The question of how funds are spent was raised in questions in relation to how to motivate people to continue to pledge and engaging with people.

Ann mentioned having our own training centre."

Must be the first time they've ever admitted that they don't have one.

So... keep the sheep motivated by giving them another project they can throw their cash at. Vlad showed them how to fleece the 'simple' fans, and they've learned their lesson well

Iggy Pope
19-12-2019, 04:21 PM
So does them getting beat 2-0 by Celtc as well mean they're on a par with Hibs?

Point scored but a point less. 1-1 in our corresponding fixture...

Keith_M
19-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Point scored but a point less. 1-1 in our corresponding fixture...

True, but they'll be using that kind of logic to re-assure themselves

Iggy Pope
19-12-2019, 04:35 PM
True, but they'll using that kind of logic to re-assure themselves

I think we all do.....

Iain G
19-12-2019, 04:42 PM

Away doon in Georgie at Tynecastle Park,
There's an area of pitch that is kept in the dark,
It's been damaged aplenty with hosting the arts,
The grass was destroyed by those publicity tarts

HoboHarry
19-12-2019, 04:45 PM
:aok::top marks

Kato
19-12-2019, 04:47 PM
It's like they're actually trying to waste money. :agree:

Mmmm. Funny you should say that given the guy that owned them before Mrs Breath-of-fresh-air. That is exactly what Romanov was doing. It's the Modus of money laundering. Seen from that perspective "Mad" Vlad, doesn't look mad at all, he's just doing what he does. I have doubts that is what is going on at the moment and remain convinced it's sheer cack-handedness.

Kato
19-12-2019, 04:49 PM

Tee-Hee.

Maybe Dr Football sabotaged it, it's all in the percentages for him. Having a decent surface at their gaff has never been popular.

Onion
19-12-2019, 04:56 PM

Derby games are always tough, irrespective of who the Yams put out. Stendal will be getting trained up in Yamish mind games by Levein, so expect some creative German interpretations of the Yam classics. He'll also be in notice that Hibs games are all that matters to the average dumb Yam.

Aldo
19-12-2019, 05:05 PM
No doubt it’ll be a tough game but it’s winnable.

It’ll be about taking our chances.

Hopefully we don’t get sucked into a hoofing/kicking match but we need to keep our discipline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart93
19-12-2019, 05:29 PM
A canny believe all the ***** in the media today about how hearts are now on the straight and narrow after their display last night.

I must be missing something. After the first 20mins they were pish. Game could’ve easily finished 5 or 6 and probably should’ve

If that’s what their standards have lowered to then that’s PLEASING

Kato
19-12-2019, 05:30 PM
A canny believe all the ***** in the media today about how hearts are now on the straight and narrow after their display last night.

Sssh. Let them blow.

Since452
19-12-2019, 05:31 PM

I must be missing something. After the first 20mins they were pish. Game could’ve easily finished 5 or 6 and probably should’ve

We'll get a better idea on Saturday

CMurdoch
19-12-2019, 06:03 PM

Their players ran about a lot for 25 minutes but there was no quality evident and they never looked like scoring.
Once Celtic scored Hearts went to pieces for the rest of the 1st half and were lucky not to be 4 down at the break after some bizarre plays.
I flaked out early in the 2nd half so can't comment on that :agree: although I believe young Mr Clare played a horrific pass near the end.
Standel still sorting the wheat from the chaff which is plentiful.
Can't see them being much of a team for the next month.

Since452
19-12-2019, 07:33 PM
Hopefully Stendel makes it 13 without a win on Saturday

weecounty hibby
19-12-2019, 07:44 PM
I'd give them Saturday as long he gets back to losing ways again on boxing Day

Joe6-2
19-12-2019, 07:46 PM
I'd give them Saturday as long he gets back to losing ways again on boxing Day

Give them nowt!

weecounty hibby
19-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Give them nowt!

That would be my preferred option!! But if I had to choose........

Tully
19-12-2019, 08:19 PM
All I will say is doesn't matter how pish they are,
they will raise there game 1000%,we have to start the game at a high tempo which I'm sure we will,but as we all know the luck they have against us is unbelievable

Jim44
19-12-2019, 08:42 PM
There was me thinking Christmas was coming up .......... it has to be April Fool. On KB they’re discussing the chances of going after Leigh Griffiths. :faf::faf::faf:

CapitalGreen
19-12-2019, 08:59 PM
The stars are aligning for us to make a tit of ourselves on Boxing Day. Only 6 wins there in 20 years should focus the minds on the task in hand. Regardless of their predicament, going there is never any easy game.

The 90+2
19-12-2019, 09:01 PM
There was me thinking Christmas was coming up .......... it has to be April Fool. On KB they’re discussing the chances of going after Leigh Griffiths. :faf::faf::faf:

LG would rather retire than sign for them. In fact there is more chance of becoming a Mormon than signing for them.

The 90+2
19-12-2019, 09:02 PM
The stars are aligning for us to make a tit of ourselves on Boxing Day. Only 6 wins there in 20 years should focus the minds on the task in hand. Regardless of their predicament, going there is never any easy game.

Nah, we will pump them on Boxing Day.

hibbyfraelibby
19-12-2019, 10:00 PM

Was that not Deeks?

wallpaperman
20-12-2019, 05:33 AM
Was that not Deeks?

Think Leigh was caught singing the Skacel song on a grainy video in the Roseburn was he not?

Springbank
20-12-2019, 05:49 AM

I would take a rerun of the millennium derby tbf

I remember only about 700 hearts fans being in the ground for the final 7-8 minutes

Some more of that on boxing day would work for me👍

Gloucester Hibs
20-12-2019, 05:57 AM
Whenever there’s a chance to kick them when they’re down we generally spurn it! There’s been plenty of examples over the past 20 years. Probably 4 occasions alone where Levein was on the brink and we could’ve delivered the Coup de grâce..

JimBHibees
20-12-2019, 06:34 AM
LG would rather retire than sign for them. In fact there is more chance of becoming a Mormon than signing for them.

Are Mormons not allowed loads of wife's? :greengrin

green with envy
20-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Think Leigh was caught singing the Skacel song on a grainy video in the Roseburn was he not?

Not far off it was the Ferry Boat.

Carheenlea
20-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Not far off it was the Ferry Boat.

Leigh Griffiths made his ill thought out chant in the Roseburn before a derby (I was present at the time)
It was maybe the Ferryboat for Deeks’ rendition.

weecounty hibby
20-12-2019, 01:36 PM
If they really are talking about LG signing for them then they are more delusional than I thought. They hate him, he hates them. His current manager hates them. Yip, definitely a deal to be made because they are famous after all. Knobs

Northernhibee
20-12-2019, 01:50 PM

If they draw then we get the chance to put them bottom on Boxing day :flag:

wallpaperman
20-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Here’s a wee gem on Kickback in a thread about that Jamie Walker, which shows the delusion levels of some are still off the charts. I’ve not pasted the full post, but this part is not taken out of context in any way.

Look at John McGinn. Not exactly what many people would call a "football player", but he's got himself a good move playing in the premier league and seemingly one of the first names for Scotland now. It pisses meoff because we all know how much ability Walker has. He'd piss all over McGinn if he had even half of his ambition or determination.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen, if Jamie Walker ran about a wee bit more and trained a bit harder, he’d be better than John McGinn. :wtf:

Bostonhibby
20-12-2019, 04:32 PM
Here’s a wee gem on Kickback in a thread about that Jamie Walker, which shows the delusion levels of some are still off the charts. I’ve not pasted the full post, but this part is not taken out of context in any way.

Look at John McGinn. Not exactly what many people would call a "football player", but he's got himself a good move playing in the premier league and seemingly one of the first names for Scotland now. It pisses meoff because we all know how much ability Walker has. He'd piss all over McGinn if he had even half of his ambition or determination.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen, if Jamie Walker ran about a wee bit more and trained a bit harder, he’d be better than John McGinn. :wtf:This is why they think they've got a glass curtain, a castle view and a £1m pitch.

Romanov seriously dulled their brains and the good doctor is doing a fantastic job keeping his legacy going.

Kato
20-12-2019, 05:11 PM
Romanov seriously dulled their brains and the good doctor is doing a fantastic job keeping his legacy going.

The good Mrs Doctor understands the Pavlov's dog nature of their support; slag Hibs off at any given opportunity/make some pompous statement announcing the "biggest" something or other on the back of a disaster/always speak in terms of Hearts being some kind of World Football Behemoth albeit not quite there because of the press/sfa/injuries.

That's the younger generation, before them you had the Texaco Cup Jambos who insisted it was a "more prestigious tournament" than the Cup Winners Cup Then there was the Mercer Era Jambos who thought that football was "only a business" called themselves "customers" rather than fans and that Hearts were leaving Hibs behind to play in a European Super League. :rolleyes:

Delusion and denial are key-words, not for all their fans obviously but there's a well ingrained culture there that they just cannot see certain realities - usually the loudest ones who shout down any sign of common sense. Wollopers.

stoneyburn hibs
20-12-2019, 05:14 PM
They won't get a win tomorrow, Hamilton have been in a relegation battle since they sent us down.

Brummie_Hibs
20-12-2019, 05:25 PM
This is why they think they've got a glass curtain, a castle view and a £1m pitch.

But they do have a £1m pitch. Even tho it resembles a ploughed field, it is still a £1m pitch.

It's a bit like £1m in cash which has been set alight and burnt, is still £1m but in the form of ashes.

Jack Hackett
20-12-2019, 05:26 PM
The good Mrs Doctor understands the Pavlov's dog nature of their support; slag Hibs off at any given opportunity/make some pompous statement announcing the "biggest" something or other on the back of a disaster/always speak in terms of Hearts being some kind of World Football Behemoth albeit not quite there because of the press/sfa/injuries.

That's the younger generation, before them you had the Texaco Cup Jambos who insisted it was a "more prestigious tournament" than the Cup Winners Cup Then there was the Mercer Era Jambos who thought that football was "only a business" called themselves "customers" rather than fans and that Hearts were leaving Hibs behind to play in a European Super League. :rolleyes:

Delusion and denial are key-words, not for all their fans obviously but there's a well ingrained culture there that they just cannot see certain realities - usually the loudest ones who shout down any sign of common sense. Wollopers.

Not to mention the Believers Era when we became 'irrelevant' because gazillionaire Romanov had started them towards domination of the game here and in Europe, and then 'killed us as a club' in 2012... just before they crashed the bus into a wall at 100mph.

Learning from experience isn't what got them where they are today.

Kato
20-12-2019, 05:42 PM
But they do have a £1m pitch. Even tho it resembles a ploughed field, it is still a £1m pitch.

It's a bit like £1m in cash which has been set alight and burnt, is still £1m but in the form of ashes.

They are Ancient but hardly Justified.

HoboHarry
20-12-2019, 05:54 PM
They are Ancient but hardly Justified.
Ach, it's Christmas - Let Them Eat Ice Cream.......

Bostonhibby
20-12-2019, 08:54 PM

It's a bit like £1m in cash which has been set alight and burnt, is still £1m but in the form of ashes.I have been drinking heavily, but the only part of this eminently sensible post I take exception to is the pitch part.

Since452
21-12-2019, 04:38 PM
Starting to think this Stendel bloke is a bit of a donkey. Barnsley flying since he left and Hearts seem to have got worse.

Waxy
21-12-2019, 06:12 PM
The PBS pitch is a disgrace.This derby will be a coin toss of who gets lucky and we are overdue a turn against them.
Generally in recent times they have always come out smelling of roses in these derbies. That cant always happen.

LancsHibs
21-12-2019, 06:33 PM
I would like to wish all visiting Jambos a merry Christmas and I mean that from the BOTTOM on my heart😉

kaimendhibs
21-12-2019, 06:37 PM
This is why they think they've got a glass curtain, a castle view and a £1m pitch.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
21-12-2019, 06:52 PM
I've been down after our results this week, but I'd like to take time to spare a thought for our neebs, and that thought is...

... Karma's a bitch!

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186427-budge-and-levein-out-protest/

The knives are being sharpened, and (un)civil war has broken out :greengrin

Cataplana
21-12-2019, 07:08 PM
I've been down after our results this week, but I'd like to take time to spare a thought for our neebs, and that thought is...

... Karma's a bitch!

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186427-budge-and-levein-out-protest/

I would really, really love it if we beat them on the 26th.

However, I will console myself with the fact that anything they get off us will only paper over the cracks, they have passed the point of no return.

It will be the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker calling the shots in a post apocalyptic PBS. Pleasing.

lucky
21-12-2019, 07:26 PM
They’ll turn up as it’s there cup final. But losing to Hamilton away is a howling result. They’ve got worse since Levein left and worse again since the Nanny left. They are in real **** but there whole existence is about beating us. The 26th will be a hard game.

Sammy7nil
21-12-2019, 07:29 PM

... Karma's a bitch!

Car crash thread - pleasing :greengrin

Since452
21-12-2019, 07:29 PM
There are a few on Kickback questioning Stendel already. Pleasing

matty_f
21-12-2019, 07:30 PM

... Karma's a bitch!

I've seen chat on Twitter where Hearts fans are saying Budge has messed up the football side of the their club, the implication being that she's got the business side sorted.

Do they even know what's happening at their club? She has pissed millions up the wall, literally millions of pounds that could have had them streets ahead of us, and she still needs millions more to finish what she's started and millions more to get her money back.

The business is an utter shambles, no wonder their football spent is failing as well.

Onion
21-12-2019, 07:31 PM
The PBS pitch is a disgrace.This derby will be a coin toss of who gets lucky and we are overdue a turn against them.
Generally in recent times they have always come out smelling of roses in these derbies. That cant always happen.]

:agree: As recent as the last time they hit the bottom of the league.

We've given this shower of Yam failures and their sacked manager 50% of their wins all season and 25% of their points ! Hibs need to be fired up, as you can guarantee the Yams will be. Hopefully, Jack has learned a lesson from last night and will put a bit of steel in midfield rather than pandering to the Allan Mallan show. Yams will kick anything that moves, dive all over the place and resort to their usual hoofball on their miniature allotment and we need to counter that. If we had a leader in the Hibs team, I'd be a bit more confident.

jacomo
21-12-2019, 07:33 PM

... Karma's a bitch!

Wow they’re not very grateful are they? I think a few Jambos are forgetting themselves... their role is blind loyalty and shovelling as much cash into the pockets of their masters as possible.

Golden Bear
21-12-2019, 07:41 PM
I've seen chat on Twitter where Hearts fans are saying Budge has messed up the football side of the their club, the implication being that she's got the business side sorted.

Do they even know what's happening at their club? She has pissed millions up the wall, literally millions of pounds that could have had them streets ahead of us, and she still needs millions more to finish what she's started and millions more to get her money back.

The business is an utter shambles, no wonder their football spent is failing as well.

I've also heard from a hertz fan that since the ladies took charge of our respective Clubs they've both become "soft" with far too much emphasis on the non footballing activities such as the community "initiatives". Did he have a point?

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 07:41 PM
We really need to get it right up they ****s on Thursday.

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Click on this to cheer yourself up a wee bit

Northernhibee
21-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Click on this to cheer yourself up a wee bit

We’ve had two disappointing losses in the last week or so, but they were against the top two in the league. We pumped the next team in the league 3-0.

Their two losses were against teams who were bottom of the league. Both of them bad losses at that.

wallpaperman
21-12-2019, 07:48 PM

To be fair, there are quite a few on kickback who are well aware she has wasted a ton of money on both the infrastructure and the playing side, by way of her trust in Levein.

They have turned quite viciously on Naismith now, partly I think as he seemed so desperate to turn out for Scotland to get to his 50th cap, and never seems quite so keen for Hearts. Also he doesn’t travel through to a Edinburgh to train every day, I didn’t know that, getting used as a stick against him. Three and a half more years of that and plenty ££££.

It’s imperative they don’t get positive results in either of their games before the break as if they are rock bottom at the break, the clamour for Annie to sign 3 or 4 players will be unstoppable and she will almost have to spend a lot of money doing it.

Plus Stendel will be desperate to get a couple of his coaches in at least, more money spent if they have to pay off Levein’s coaches and pay salaries to a bunch of new Stendel men.

Since452
21-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Apparently Stendel away back to Germany until the derby. That'll be Levein and McPhee taking training for a few days (need to be afternoon though)

wallpaperman
21-12-2019, 08:09 PM
Apparently Stendel away back to Germany until the derby. That'll be Levein and McPhee taking training for a few days (need to be afternoon though)

That thread is a hoot.

The person who started it is adamant and is offering £100 charity bets to anyone who says it’s a bunch of crap (don’t think anyone has taken up his challenge), but there hasn’t been any proof offered yet.

It’s possibly not far fetched, and likely would have been agreed in the negotiations. They probably thought that they would have a couple of wins under their belts against St Johnstone and Hamilton before Christmas and the fans would send him back to Germany for a few days with cheers ringing in his ears. :faf:

lord bunberry
21-12-2019, 08:14 PM
If he’s got any sense he won’t come back.

wallpaperman
21-12-2019, 08:19 PM
If he’s got any sense he won’t come back.

12k a week from a team he’d never heard of.

He’ll be back. :cb

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 08:21 PM

Ok I'll bite, how is he going to get a flight back in time for the game on boxing day? :confused:

wallpaperman
21-12-2019, 08:26 PM
Ok I'll bite, how is he going to get a flight back in time for the game on boxing day? :confused:

Supposedly coming back Christmas night, as continental Europe generally have their big celebration on Christmas Eve.

More than a few flights on Christmas Day.

greenlex
21-12-2019, 08:28 PM

Why do you feel the poster is fishing? It’s the chat over the road. I’d have thought you’d be all over it..

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 08:30 PM
Why do you feel the poster is fishing? It’s the chat over the road. I’d have thought you’d be all over it..

:rolleyes:

04Sauzee
21-12-2019, 08:34 PM
The fact that they are demanding that the benefactors make money available to them in January 🙄

DaveF
21-12-2019, 08:34 PM
:rolleyes:

It's a fair point. You were quick enough to rave about the lad Keena last week so I'm surprised you missed this chat.

Joe6-2
21-12-2019, 08:36 PM

Or in his hoose

theonlywayisup
21-12-2019, 08:37 PM

Plenty flight options. Don't know where he's from in Germany, but 18:25 flight from Dusseldorf to Manchester on 25th is £47. Stay in Manchester for a few beers and he could be at Tiny by 11:30am.

jacomo
21-12-2019, 08:44 PM

If McPhee’s got a garden they could pop round to his for a morning kick about.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 08:47 PM
It's a fair point. You were quick enough to rave about the lad Keena last week so I'm surprised you missed this chat.

Nah, its more hinting that I'm a hearts fan that routinely goes unpunished. Free shots allowed?

Onceinawhile
21-12-2019, 08:48 PM
Given a number of folk have pointed out that Hermit Crab is a hibs fan, do we really need to continue the hearts nonsense?

It's really dull.

HFC93
Starting to think this Stendel bloke is a bit of a donkey. Barnsley flying since he left and Hearts seem to have got worse.

That can't be right as we were told that he was hard done by at Barnsley. Their upturn in form and Hearts continued decline doesn't back up that

Sammy7nil

If only we did not gift them a 2-1 win at ER and fail to turn up at Tiny on a regular basis they would be in real **** .

hibbyfraelibby
21-12-2019, 08:49 PM
If we had a leader in the Hibs team, I'd be a bit more confident.

We will have...Daz is back

greenlex
21-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Given a number of folk have pointed out that Hermit Crab is a hibs fan, do we really need to continue the hearts nonsense?

It's really dull.

About as dull as his postings related to hearts and negativity to hibs.

Vault Boy
21-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Let's try not to make this personal folks.

Open forum for debate and robust disagreements, let's just keep directed jibes out of it.

Cheers. :aok:

Bostonhibby
21-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Plenty flight options. Don't know where he's from in Germany, but 18:25 flight from Dusseldorf to Manchester on 25th is £47. Stay in Manchester for a few beers and he could be at Tiny by 11:30am.It's a load of bollocks, he just got them to agree he could go back to Germany as a pre condition to joining them, he's actually popping down to South Yorkshire for a week long tour of Wetherspoons to remind him of happier more successful times.

Joe6-2
21-12-2019, 08:56 PM

Open forum for debate and robust disagreements, let's just keep directed jibes out of it.

Cheers. :aok:

Well said!

Bostonhibby
21-12-2019, 08:57 PM

Cheers. :aok:PS Hermit Crab's a Hibby.

StevesFamau5
21-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Sickbag is entertaining tonight...

Chocolate knees Naismith training from home, Potter is to shove Budge onto an upturned table and plenty of seeth.

Last night was pish, tonight is slightly more entertaining.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

DaveF
21-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Nah, its more hinting that I'm a hearts fan that routinely goes unpunished. Free shots allowed?

Free shots? You are no hearts fan as such but your trolling on all matters hearts gives you a justified reputation.

Anyway, I'm out. Not giving you anymore attention.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Free shots? You are no hearts fan as such but your trolling on all matters hearts gives you a justified reputation.

Anyway, I'm out. Not giving you anymore attention.

How am i trolling? :dunno:

greenlex
21-12-2019, 09:04 PM

You know exactly what you’re doing. Tiresome.

NC1875
21-12-2019, 09:05 PM
4-3-1-2 for me.
Bogdan
Naismith. McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Hallberg
Boyle. Horgan
Allan
Kamberi. Doidge

IWasThere2016
21-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Stendel now blaming Potter :-)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5093839/daniel-stendel-craig-levein-hearts-mess-blame/

21sMay
21-12-2019, 09:10 PM
Strange how a certain Hibs fan can be constantly negative about his own team yet positive about players of our biggest rivals

Kato
21-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Levein - ""But he hasn't got anything on," a little child said.
"Did you ever hear such innocent prattle?" said its father. And one person whispered to another what the child had said, "He hasn't anything on. A child says he hasn't anything on."
"But he hasn't got anything on!" the whole town cried out at last."

Shame it's all over, they believed so hard and so long that that trumpet knew what he was doing.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Waxy
21-12-2019, 09:25 PM
No likey clicking on sun links.

matty_f
21-12-2019, 09:25 PM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5093839/daniel-stendel-craig-levein-hearts-mess-blame/

How about this line:

“We played last week against St Johnstone and today against Hamilton. Both were the worst teams in the league at that time and we lost them both."

Gloucester Hibs
21-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Levein - ""But he hasn't got anything on," a little child said.
"Did you ever hear such innocent prattle?" said its father. And one person whispered to another what the child had said, "He hasn't anything on. A child says he hasn't anything on."
"But he hasn't got anything on!" the whole town cried out at last."

Shame it's all over, they believed so hard and so long that that trumpet knew what he was doing.

Thought for a second you might be doing a Stendal/Potter-themed version of “‘Twas the night before Christmas”

Onion
21-12-2019, 09:36 PM

:agree: High time Hibs delivered against that mob.

There have been tons of occasions where we've had the perfect opportunity turn the screw, and have failed to turn up. Last game kept Levein in a job, so that was a bonus but with a shiny, new, expensive manager in place ... a Hibs win on Thursday would send HMFC into meltdown :aok:.

Since452
21-12-2019, 09:39 PM

Excuses starting already

Kato
21-12-2019, 09:41 PM
Thought for a second you might be doing a Stendal/Potter-themed version of “‘Twas the night before Christmas”Nah, just that the emperor has been found out, it's pretty unanimous over there. Bloke in the work was convinced with him up until this season. Even hes saw through it. Sad day.

Since452
21-12-2019, 09:46 PM
This documentary is going to be epic. Hopefully captures their relegation in all its glory

stoneyburn hibs
21-12-2019, 09:55 PM

You get a rise from everything concerning your posts on here, very strange boy.

hibeerealist
21-12-2019, 09:55 PM
Hi
Excuses starting already

Nope, it is the big build up to another derby and this is their way of pumping up the players (and “fans”) for a battle royale on Thursday. Win at all costs, not just because we are bottom of the league but it is against Hibs.

Meanwhile, over at ER everybody being told “it is just another game just the same 3 points to play for”..... This explains our embarrassing derby record over the years.

CraigHibee
21-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Excuses starting already

Only a couple of weeks in and he is flapping already ❤

CraigHibee
21-12-2019, 10:03 PM
They are Donald Ducked, sure budge has already gone on record as saying players will only come in if players are shipped out.

Not sure who would be willing to take on any of their current squad

FilipinoHibs
21-12-2019, 10:06 PM

Big clear out in January. They are going to be motivated for Thursday.

CloudSquall
21-12-2019, 10:07 PM

It's really dull.

About as dull as him continuing to rip the tap aff it about anything remotely positive related to Hearts with the intent to get a rise out of people.

FilipinoHibs
21-12-2019, 10:11 PM

... Karma's a bitch!

Still hurting from losing to old firm but they are in a different league. We did beat the third team comprehensively. Jambos have lost to the teams that were bottom. Lets take them on Thursday.

hfc rd
21-12-2019, 10:28 PM
This documentary is going to be epic. Hopefully captures their relegation in all its glory

I totally forgot about that! When does it begin? 🍿😁

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 02:26 AM
Totally ignoring the reality of their finances. They already are in the red.

"He absolutely must be backed to the hilt by the board. The club will simply have to take a hit financially and go into the red."

we are hibs
22-12-2019, 08:30 AM
https://youtu.be/dCe6e23yIT8

wallpaperman
22-12-2019, 08:31 AM
Big clear out in January. They are going to be motivated for Thursday.

Big clear out could be paper talk / wishful thinking.

Annie has proven that she is not keen on paying people off to go away (or the previous regime would not be hanging around like a bad smell) which is essentially what you would need to do with a lot of these players.

Very few would have anyone willing to take them on, even on a free transfer where a new club would at least meet their wages and Hearts could get out from under that. They are stuck with a lot of them unless they pay up their contracts.

Sounds like they are hanging their hopes on getting a few quid for Hickey to fund deals, but I find it incredible that Manchester City would have any interest at all.

Pagan Hibernia
22-12-2019, 08:33 AM
Stendel now winless in 13 games.

and we were supposed to be fuming over them getting him ��

Aldo
22-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Totally ignoring the reality of their finances. They already are in the red.

"He absolutely must be backed to the hilt by the board. The club will simply have to take a hit financially and go into the red."

Priceless!
I take it they are aware they have a £400,000 shortfall in the budget?? Further Budgie said she would back the manager but he would give to shop out players first.

More financial doling on the way.

This is brilliant and it will be very difficult on Boxing Day but this is a very winnable game.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2019, 08:58 AM
Priceless!
I take it they are aware they have a £400,000 shortfall in the budget?? Further Budgie said she would back the manager but he would give to shop out players first.

This is brilliant and it will be very difficult on Boxing Day but this is a very winnable game.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThis ad came up underneath your post, must be an omen[emoji6]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191222/8df947cd13bade43e120e405791119d2.jpg

Since452
22-12-2019, 09:00 AM
Stendel now winless in 13 games.

and we were supposed to be fuming over them getting him ��

Yup. There are already negative comments over the road appearing about him. The vast majority are blaming Levein for his 100% loss record but defeat in the derby will start to put him under the microscope.

Vault Boy
22-12-2019, 09:00 AM
This ad came up underneath your post, must be an omen[emoji6]

:greengrin

Col2
22-12-2019, 09:07 AM
Zero bounce from Stendal appointment. Away home for Xmas and back on Christmas night.

Naismith doesn’t train in Edinburgh all week and away home and doubts re fitness

2 wins in 26 league games for the mutants.

Fans expectations of £££millions spending in January yet they have massive heavily contracted squad and a funding shortfall. I wonder if Budgie will ask sorry demand FOH to delay another year before taking over so she can hover up the subs and let Levein and MacPhee spend it on more dross?

Priceless.

Aldo
22-12-2019, 09:16 AM
This ad came up underneath your post, must be an omen[emoji6]

Ha superb.

FilipinoHibs
22-12-2019, 09:21 AM
Priceless!

£400k short fall does not take into account anonymous donations. They are really in a hole with no room for buying players as unlikely to be able to off load.

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Doctor Football has taken the whole "will they make the Derby" game to a whole new level, by extending it to include the manager.

Make no mistake, Stendl will be in the dugout on Thursday. Then he will be in the Diggers, The Golden Rule, and all points east, as far as the Cowgate.

Northernhibee
22-12-2019, 09:27 AM
They are Donald Ducked, sure budge has already gone on record as saying players will only come in if players are shipped out.

Not sure who would be willing to take on any of their current squad

I don’t think I’d have a single member of their team at Hibs. Halkett maybe as he was good before he joined them but has been rank rotten since.

Aldo
22-12-2019, 09:28 AM
£400k short fall does not take into account anonymous donations. They are really in a hole with no room for buying players as unlikely to be able to off load.

Indeed. They did post a profit but that was after a good number of millions were pumped into them.

That along with a minimum of £1.5 million to complete the megastand is all very pleasing.

They also have a wage bill of over £8 million plus and for a club of their size it’s unbelievable.

Long may this continue and hopefully we can add to their misery on Boxing Day!

Northernhibee
22-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Indeed. They did post a profit but that was after a good number of millions were pumped into them.

That along with a minimum of £1.5 million to complete the megastand is all very pleasing.

They also have a wage bill of over £8 million plus and for a club of their size it’s unbelievable.

Long may this continue and hopefully we can add to their misery on Boxing Day!

In the days where they paid Skacel, Nade etc hyper inflated wages they were at least a decent team. I’m at a loss as to how they’ve gotten it so wrong.

An absolutely massive squad and their only decent player is on a four year deal and can barely play 45 minutes before breaking down. The rest are championship level.

If they go down they’re not coming back up.

Gloucester Hibs
22-12-2019, 09:32 AM
I don’t think I’d have a single member of their team at Hibs. Halkett maybe as he was good before he joined them but has been rank rotten since.

Oh he’s getting pelters over the road too, claims he’s overweight with a beer belly. We really have to have a run at their centre halves and not fall into the trap of launching in high balls like the game at ER.

Northernhibee
22-12-2019, 09:40 AM
Oh he’s getting pelters over the road too, claims he’s overweight with a beer belly. We really have to have a run at their centre halves and not fall into the trap of launching in high balls like the game at ER.

If you look at their squad, Stendel has the advantage of being able to improve any area. Goalkeepers - they have three, all terrible. Defence - Hickey is promising but being way over exposed at this stage of his progression, Halkett unfit, Christoph Error - howling. Midfield - no creativity and even if you put Naismith in an attacking midfield role he’s never fit. Players who I reckon could be decent in a better team - Clare - get no opportunity to do so. Up front - well, McLean (who by Leveins admission can’t run due to ****ed knees), Craig Wighton who wasn’t any good at Dundee, Ikpeazu who is a typical Levein signing - I genuinely think that’s a Scottish League One strikeforce.

They’re in severe danger of going down as it’ll take years to fix that squad and they’re unlikely to have many saleable assets in there. The wait is on for lengthy contracts to wind down to be able to replace and with the new stand they’re unlikely to be able to buy themselves out of a hole.

It’s quite staggering how bad a state they’ve gotten themselves in.

Aldo
22-12-2019, 09:42 AM
In the days where they paid Skacel, Nade etc hyper inflated wages they were at least a decent team. I’m at a loss as to how they’ve gotten it so wrong.

An absolutely massive squad and their only decent player is on a four year deal and can barely play 45 minutes before breaking down. The rest are championship level.

They have a huge first team squad with a massive wage bill. This cannot be sustained and then there is the day to day running and maintenance.

Then there is the debt to the contractor who put up the Megastand. In the region of £700,000. So that added to the budget deficit is £1.3 million. Then add that to the £1.5 million they need to find to complete it. Well that’s not getting finished anytime soon!

They want Budgie out but who the hell will they bring in that will help them with donations when they are in it even more.

They are currently living outwith their means and this is FACT yet the hordes want them to spend even more.

FWIW a yam associate reckons Stendl’s connections have lined up 2 current German internationals to come on loan to help them out the more.

I quizzed him a bit more about it, chuckling at the same time, and I got the usual response, jealous hobo 1-5 blah blah.

They are deluded and big time!

Waxy
22-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Cant see any decent player wanting to join bottom of the league FC Darkswampypitch.
Maybe get a couple of run of the mill loan signings who’ll say they care, but really they wont

Col2
22-12-2019, 09:50 AM
And the spineless FOH just sit and say nothing.

It’s like....imagine you agree a price for a house but won’t get it for several months. You trust the seller and you agree to pay inflated price and pay them as and when they want. You even agree to delay the purchase as it suits them. Meanwhile the seller is ripping out the kitchen,, drilling holes in the wall, destroying the garden, taking everything that is worth anything out and replacing with cheap items or not at all.

You might jump in and say WTF!!

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Can't believe that some of them over there think that there be able to sign Shankland next month.

EdinMike
22-12-2019, 09:56 AM
I just had a gander on kickback, one of them is talking about signing Shankland... Merry Christmas!

Northernhibee
22-12-2019, 09:57 AM
And if we look at their issues on the most basic form:

The size and state of their pitch lends itself only to blood and guts hoofball. They have a manager who wants to play Klopp style gegenpressen football on the deck. He’s rumoured to be on twelve grand a week for something that can’t succeed there.

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2019, 10:04 AM
The league table is such a beautiful sight just now.

Keith_M
22-12-2019, 10:07 AM

In Germany, they exchange presents and have a party on Christmas Eve. There's a few flights back in the evening then on Christmas Day.

I'm not saying the story is true, but it's logistically possible.... though it sounds like an incredibly stupid thing to do.

Hibby70
22-12-2019, 10:08 AM
Can't believe that some of them over there think that there be able to sign Shankland next month.

Somebody has posted that they should buy Dykes for £750k. I'm not sure they can even afford Derek Dykes.

Keith_M
22-12-2019, 10:11 AM
Somebody has posted that they should buy Dykes for £750k. I'm not sure they can even afford Derek Dykes.

Aldo
22-12-2019, 10:13 AM

I just had a gander on kickback, one of them is talking about signing Shankland... Merry Christmas!

Do they actually realise they have a £400,000 budget deficit??

Can see Livi and Utd selling their strikers to them.....NOT!

They really don’t get it. They have no cash but I am aware that has never stopped them in the past!

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2019, 10:25 AM
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186463-2-wins-in-26/

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186448-we-are-going-down/

Just lovely. Merry Christmas everyone.

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 10:30 AM
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186463-2-wins-in-26/

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186448-we-are-going-down/

Just lovely. Merry Christmas everyone.

Horse, stable, door.

Coco Bryce
22-12-2019, 10:41 AM
Levein has killed their club.

****in brilliant 😂😂

Jack Hackett
22-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Do they actually realise they have a £400,000 budget deficit??

Can see Livi and Utd selling their strikers to them.....NOT!

They really don’t get it. They have no cash but I am aware that has never stopped them in the past!

Much like they convinced themselves that they 'owed it to themselves' back in the day, I think there's an expectation with some of them that their sugar daddy will cover whatever xmas wish list their fevered imaginations compile. When the transfer window slams down on their fingers at the end of Jan, reality is going to bite hard. It hasn't yet sunk in that even the good Mrs Doctor has said they need to ship players out before any sort of kitty for new players is available. I don't see any of them being willing to ditch their lucrative contracts, and pay-offs will negate any savings. They are in a total lose/lose situation... and it's pure dead brilliant :greengrin

Since452
22-12-2019, 10:48 AM

I hope you're right but I think they'd come straight back up. That Championship is so bad Dundee United are romping it

Aldo
22-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Budge and the benefactors better make money available in January.....just love that line!

Aldo
22-12-2019, 10:51 AM
Much like they convinced themselves that they 'owed it to themselves' back in the day, I think there's an expectation with some of them that their sugar daddy will cover whatever xmas wish list their fevered imaginations compile. When the transfer window slams down on their fingers at the end of Jan, reality is going to bite hard. It hasn't yet sunk in that even the good Mrs Doctor has said they need to ship players out before any sort of kitty for new players is available. I don't see any of them being willing to ditch their lucrative contracts, and pay-offs will negate any savings. They are in a total lose/lose situation... and it's pure dead brilliant :greengrin

Expectation.... that’s the word I was looking for.... they expect money for players regardless of any deficit and they don’t and never will get it.
Players out before players in.... nah ram that just get the money we don’t have out and get players in.

Loving it. Just loving it

Northernhibee
22-12-2019, 11:07 AM
I hope you're right but I think they'd come straight back up. That Championship is so bad Dundee United are romping it

No chance. Their squad is as bad as Dundee and before they can realistically go about changing it, they need to shed 8-9 players before they can bring in enough to change it.

Their squad is swamped with uncreative, unfit journeymen who aren't suited or who aren't ready for Scottish Premiership football.

They'd be mid table championship - at best. Two wins in twenty-six games doesn't lie.

SMAXXA
22-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Any highlights from their game yesteday? Apart from this result lol

Hibby70
22-12-2019, 11:11 AM

?

Ozyhibby
22-12-2019, 11:15 AM

We should be trying to sign Shankland.

Jack Hackett
22-12-2019, 11:16 AM
No chance. Their squad is as bad as Dundee and before they can realistically go about changing it, they need to shed 8-9 players before they can bring in enough to change it.

Their squad is swamped with uncreative, unfit journeymen who aren't suited or who aren't ready for Scottish Premiership football.

They'd be mid table championship - at best. Two wins in twenty-six games doesn't lie.

:agree:

Circumstances are totally different this time. They went into that campaign with a squad of youngsters blooded in the top league owing to the transfer embargo, and added a few seasoned pros, while Hibs and The Rangers were a shambles... iirc, we were down to about 8 players during the close season.

Northernhibee
22-12-2019, 11:17 AM
We should be trying to sign Shankland.

It's as delusional to think he's in our price range as it is for those lot across the road to think that.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2019, 11:46 AM
It's as delusional to think he's in our price range as it is for those lot across the road to think that.

True, we probably missed the boat there thanks to the brutal recruitment last summer.

FilipinoHibs
22-12-2019, 11:52 AM
True, we probably missed the boat there thanks to the brutal recruitment last summer.

Think is on at least 2 year contract. We could afford to pay the price that DU would be tempted to sell him at. Even then they will keep till promoted. In the summer the right offer might temp them. But delusional if we think we can get him in January window.

Since452
22-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Be interesting to see how he does against a Premiership side in the cup. I'm still to be convinced about Shankland at this level

Northernhibee
22-12-2019, 11:58 AM

Quite a few teams looked at him, nobody wanted him other than Dundee United. Suggests that there's more than meets the eye to that one.

Screams of Cummings 2.0 to me who since he left us has been a liability wherever he's gone.

FilipinoHibs
22-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Quite a few teams looked at him, nobody wanted him other than Dundee United. Suggests that there's more than meets the eye to that one.

Screams of Cummings 2.0 to me who since he left us has been a liability wherever he's gone.

Think there were off field and attitude issues. But I read somewhere he buckled down and was following a healthy regime in terms if lifestyle and diet and had matured. Realised he was in danger of wasting his talent. I think people did not match DU's offer and were not willing to take a risk on him for more DU's package.

Dashing Bob S
22-12-2019, 12:17 PM
Down the years I’ve enjoyed their lows almost as much as Hibs highs. Almost. Whereas I’m almost totally indifferent to their highs and our lows. Which pretty much means that I annoy both sets of fans. Still, can’t help the way you’re put together.

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 12:22 PM
Levein has killed their club.

****in brilliant 😂😂

Did he beat them 5-1 :greengrin

Hibeesmad
22-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Heard on the radio yesterday that Budge said in their AGM she would start worrying about relegation in February. You love too see it.

Northernhibee
22-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Heard on the radio yesterday that Budge said in their AGM she would start worrying about relegation in February. You love too see it.

Ironic - they won the league in October and were relegated in February.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2019, 01:08 PM
Heard on the radio yesterday that Budge said in their AGM she would start worrying about relegation in February. You love too see it.Someone over there really needs to pony up with the couple of million they owe her as she's clearly losing the plot and needs out.

It can't be good for her hanging around with footballs Addams family of assorted coaches, part time Sporting directors/directors of football and losers who are just hanging around till the off licence opens.

Maybe whoever is profiting from the millions the megastand's over running by might feel like chucking something back?

jacomo
22-12-2019, 01:28 PM
Zero bounce from Stendal appointment. Away home for Xmas and back on Christmas night.

Naismith doesn’t train in Edinburgh all week and away home and doubts re fitness

2 wins in 26 league games for the mutants.

Fans expectations of £££millions spending in January yet they have massive heavily contracted squad and a funding shortfall. I wonder if Budgie will ask sorry demand FOH to delay another year before taking over so she can hover up the subs and let Levein and MacPhee spend it on more dross?

Priceless.

We’re just not famous enough to have head coaches, half sporting directors and star players who stay away from the training ground.

Keith_M
22-12-2019, 01:35 PM
?

Usually when an actual, real-life person is mentioned, the post disappears within seconds. I'm surprised that one hasn't.

Hibs4185
22-12-2019, 01:37 PM
I just watched snippets of Stendels post match interview on the bbc news app and he looks utterly dejected and miserable....after 2 weeks in the job 😂

He doesn’t look up for the fight at all and I can’t see how his attitude is going to inspire the players or turn it around.

Brilliant

cocteautwin
22-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Priceless!

It is indeed brilliant. That £400k is just the budget deficit and that budget must have included at least £4m from the anonymous donor to make up for the missing season ticket money at 30 June. It means that come 30 June next year they'll be approaching £30m in additional cash burnt through in the last few years. All that cash and they are bottom of the league. I'm only glad I'm back for Christmas and get to rub it in when I meet my jambo mates tonight and then jambo members of my family on Christmas day.

Merry bottom of the league Christmas, and a Happy Bottom of the League New Year my jambo acquaintances.

Off the bar
22-12-2019, 01:49 PM
I just watched snippets of Stendels post match interview on the bbc news app and he looks utterly dejected and miserable....after 2 weeks in the job 😂

He doesn’t look up for the fight at all and I can’t see how his attitude is going to inspire the players or turn it around.

Brilliant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50881390

That interview is an absolute shocker. You can blame a bit of language barrier stuff for the slightly odd presser when he was unveiled but he looks totally scunnered by the end of that. That's the type of interview you see from a manager who's been at a club for years and has just completely run out of ideas and knows the chop is coming soon. At least Butcher looked angry and like he cared when he came in and butchered us, this guy looks ****ed. And I for one absolutely love it!

Hibby70
22-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Usually when an actual, real-life person is mentioned, the post disappears within seconds. I'm surprised that one hasn't.

Got you.😁

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-12-2019, 01:55 PM
"Yer goin down again yer goin down again"

No heard that fir ages, time to revive

🤣🤣🤣

mjhibby
22-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Any highlights from their game yesteday? Apart from this result lol

Hamilton's first goal was one touch then a great finish by miller. Second was terrible defending. They had loads of the ball but didn't create much. A recipe for disaster.

hibsbollah
22-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Loïc D'amour:faf:

What kind of name is that, is he a male escort

we are hibs
22-12-2019, 10:30 PM
Levein in charge of recruitment outwards and McPhee in charhe of incoming transfers next month. What an absolute ****show of a club

Ozyhibby
23-12-2019, 12:16 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-bin-hearts-flops-21148108.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I’m a bit worried they are about to turn this all around. [emoji6]

Springbank
23-12-2019, 06:43 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-bin-hearts-flops-21148108.amp?__twitter_impression=true

There is a thread on kickback saying stendel has gone back to Germany for Christmas & is due back Christmas day, leaving their coaching staff in charge of derby prep.

If this was us instead of them I'd be raging - but seeing as its them "it's a good laugh, isn't it?"

Since452
23-12-2019, 06:51 AM

Utterly astonishing

FilipinoHibs
23-12-2019, 06:55 AM

Wow it just gets better. Real lift to team moral ahead of the derby and Aberdeen game.

Aldo
23-12-2019, 07:08 AM

So what happened to the link with Man City???

You couldn’t make this up. Superb!

So after everything Budge said and the state they are in Potter and Nanny are in charge of transfers.

O and what happened to the player link up with Man City??

Funny as!

Baader
23-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Utterly astonishing

They are an absolute joke of a club. We need to make sure we don't let ourselves down by helping them out on Boxing Day.

Logie Green
23-12-2019, 07:17 AM
If the report about signing players from Stoke City is true then I'm sure James McLean would go down well with their support......

matty_f
23-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Their club is being run hilariously at the moment. There's not one thing that Budge has touched that has turned out well for a while now.

Huge overspend on the stand.
£1.5m more needed to finish it (which you can probably stretch out to £2m given the history of their stand spending)
Unable to use the office space for leasing out because of cost v return. This was supposed to be a significant revenue generator for them.
Huge first team squad, expensively assembled and hugely underperforming
A manager who still has a question mark over whether compensation is due to his previous club
Not able to bring in his assistant yet
Can't get rid of Levein or Macphee and are actually giving them key roles until they go
Took too long to get a manager in and then had to go all out to get their target after being knocked back by others

Budge has survived on a huge amount of goodwill and with the additional financial backing of the benefactors and FoH. Can you imagine what nick they'd be in if they'd had to be self-sufficient!?

Since452
23-12-2019, 07:50 AM
You just know Budge is having Levein and McPhee round for Christmas dinner eh

Bostonhibby
23-12-2019, 08:23 AM
You just know Budge is having Levein and McPhee round for Christmas dinner eh[emoji23]

A horrible vision just flashed before me, but I suppose if she puts some cranberry sauce on them with a particularly strong gravy her guests might think it's just a very strange turkey and she'll have them off the wage bill by boxing day unless there's any leftovers.

Carheenlea
23-12-2019, 08:30 AM
Their club is being run hilariously at the moment. There's not one thing that Budge has touched that has turned out well for a while now.

Huge overspend on the stand.
£1.5m more needed to finish it (which you can probably stretch out to £2m given the history of their stand spending)
Unable to use the office space for leasing out because of cost v return. This was supposed to be a significant revenue generator for them.
Huge first team squad, expensively assembled and hugely underperforming
A manager who still has a question mark over whether compensation is due to his previous club
Not able to bring in his assistant yet
Can't get rid of Levein or Macphee and are actually giving them key roles until they go
Took too long to get a manager in and then had to go all out to get their target after being knocked back by others

Budge has survived on a huge amount of goodwill and with the additional financial backing of the benefactors and FoH. Can you imagine what nick they'd be in if they'd had to be self-sufficient!?

Hosting the LA Philharmonic Orchestra was a huge success though was it not?

Bostonhibby
23-12-2019, 08:36 AM
Hosting the LA Philharmonic Orchestra was a huge success though was it not?Yep, they've formed another one of those special relationships.

One handed clapping in the piazza will eventually be replaced by maroon balloons playing triangles.

Since452
23-12-2019, 09:06 AM
So Hearts are going to ship out some of their uninterested squad with a couple of uninterested Stoke rejects on loan in January. It smacks of us telling KT, Tiawo etc they weren't wanted and loaning in duds like Daniel Boeteng, Duncan Watmore and Danny Haynes. Going down.

Carheenlea
23-12-2019, 09:09 AM
So Hearts are going to ship out some of their uninterested squad with a couple of uninterested Stoke rejects on loan in January. It smacks of us telling KT, Tiawo etc they weren't wanted and loaning in duds like Daniel Boeteng, Duncan Watmore and Danny Haynes. Going down.

Duncan Watmore was no dud. Kicked off the park most weeks with little protection from officials.

Vault Boy
23-12-2019, 09:11 AM
Task the guys who brought in a load of duds with replacing said duds, on behalf of a manager who wants to play a very specific type of football.

As a Hibs fan, I've got to say that's an utterly brilliant idea. 💡

Ozyhibby
23-12-2019, 10:14 AM
What’s great about them possibly going down this season (like it’s wouldn’t be great anyway[emoji3]) is that they have documentary film makers in catching every little bit of the behind the scenes action for us to enjoy for years to come. [emoji23][emoji106]

Since452
23-12-2019, 10:31 AM
Duncan Watmore was no dud. Kicked off the park most weeks with little protection from officials.

Far too injury prone. Think he's only played around 50 games since he was at Hibs

Heisenberg
23-12-2019, 10:48 AM
There is a thread on kickback saying stendel has gone back to Germany for Christmas & is due back Christmas day, leaving their coaching staff in charge of derby prep.

If this was us instead of them I'd be raging - but seeing as its them "it's a good laugh, isn't it?"

Looks like this could be true. Andy Kirk on media duties today.

matty_f
23-12-2019, 10:50 AM

I really hope it's true.

"alright boys, we're all in this together, fighting to get ourselves out of this mess. Anyone seen the gaffer?"

"eh..last I heard he was on the Easyjet to Munich and he'll be back in time for the game>"

The Modfather
23-12-2019, 10:52 AM

He must be tempted to simply stay in Germany and refuse to come back to that circus.

hibsbollah
23-12-2019, 10:53 AM
I really hope it's true.

"alright boys, we're all in this together, fighting to get ourselves out of this mess. Anyone seen the gaffer?"

"eh..last I heard he was on the Easyjet to Munich and he'll be back in time for the game>"

I have it on good authority that Gary Locke took Stendel to the German style Christmas market in Edinburgh. He took one sniff at the crappy hot dogs, cheap trinkets and greasy onions in 3 day old oil and took the first flight back to Bavaria.

McSwanky
23-12-2019, 10:55 AM
I have it on good authority that Gary Locke took Stendel to the German style Christmas market in Edinburgh. He took one sniff at the crappy hot dogs, cheap trinkets and greasy onions in 3 day old oil and took the first flight back to Bavaria.

Surprised he could smell any of that over the stench of stale pee

Kato
23-12-2019, 10:57 AM
What’s great about them possibly going down this season (like it’s wouldn’t be great anyway[emoji3]) is that they have documentary film makers in catching every little bit of the behind the scenes action for us to enjoy for years to come. [emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI thought people were joking about the documentary. Which company is making it? Potential for a comedy classic with that lot.

McSwanky
23-12-2019, 11:00 AM
I thought people were joking about the documentary. Which company is making it? Potential for a comedy classic with that lot.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/inside-tynecastle-documentary

Kato
23-12-2019, 11:03 AM
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/inside-tynecastle-documentaryCheers brilliant, shot in flump-o-vision.

hibsbollah
23-12-2019, 11:04 AM
Surprised he could smell any of that over the stench of stale pee

I think that was a major draw for Gary, to be fair.

WhileTheChief..
23-12-2019, 11:06 AM

I was thinking that this will be a good watch.

If their form continues to the end of the season it will go down as being my favourite TV show ever.

Beating The Sopranos is some achievement!!

Hibeesforever
23-12-2019, 11:08 AM
I reluctantly clicked on the link but that is hilarious, it could be cracker of a documentary alright!

Gmack7
23-12-2019, 11:13 AM
I was thinking that this will be a good watch.

If their form continues to the end of the season it will go down as being my favourite TV show ever.

Beating The Sopranos is some achievement!!

Time for heroes. The reversal

Cataplana
23-12-2019, 11:14 AM
I reluctantly clicked on the link but that is hilarious, it could be cracker of a documentary alright!

Just hope theyved involved the fans. Some of the stuff they've been coming out with is priceless.

Some still seem to think the stand is finished, and is generating money for the club.

CraigHibee
23-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Time for heroes. The reversal

Time for zeroes 😁

CraigHibee
23-12-2019, 11:19 AM

Craig levein in charge of breaking up the rock bottom squad he built.. just to sink up further 🤣

jacomo
23-12-2019, 11:23 AM

Really hope Hearts are thinking BIG with this and it will be in cinema screens as well as on the telly. I think it could prove really popular.

Hopefully the time when Leeann and Ron go to get ‘advice’ from Budge will be in it. An hour of Budge spilling the beans about how she runs the place, budgets, targets etc, with LD and Ron nodding politely, followed by Budge full of pride bragging about how people want to come and learn from her.

The Failures.

Bostonhibby
23-12-2019, 11:29 AM
Cheers brilliant, shot in flump-o-vision.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using TapatalkI'm really looking forward to the bit where the keystone cops play the FOH leaving the AGM when they heard about Levein playing the ghost of Christmas past every week.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191223/f1eac041fc27a76e4a530c87112397e6.gif

WhileTheChief..
23-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Shame it's not Netflix doing it.

With Hearts being such a big club it really deserves a worldwide audience.

Biggie
23-12-2019, 11:49 AM
£9Million in benefactors donations....JHC fools and their money, easily parted.
Hopefully these clowns with too much money will have seen the light and stopped throwing their money away.

Would love to see where that £9M went and what some of these players are on......almost impossible to move some on without compensating for loss of earnings....

They really are jammy B's.....hope they go down and then out of business.

AltheHibby
23-12-2019, 12:03 PM
£9Million in benefactors donations....JHC fools and their money, easily parted.
Hopefully these clowns with too much money will have seen the light and stopped throwing their money away.

Would love to see where that £9M went and what some of these players are on......almost impossible to move some on without compensating for loss of earnings....

They really are jammy B's.....hope they go down and then out of business.

Apparently it's gone towards a magnificent new stand, making a profit and ensuring that they have no debt.

Oh yes, and the reason they aren't making good decisions is because people are scared to speak up in the presence of the documentary crew.

Right now I need a 'wetting myself lauging' icon.

CloudSquall
23-12-2019, 12:17 PM
It's going to be like a real life Mike Bassett England Manager documentary.

Jim44
23-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Stendel has said their main target is to avoid relegation, yet Budge, in her AGM address said that their main target is still a top four finish, failing that, at least top six. There again, it’s maybe ok for really big clubs to have unachievable targets.

Hibs4185
23-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Stendel has said their main target is to avoid relegation, yet Budge, in her AGM address said that their main target is still a top four finish, failing that, at least top six. There again, it’s maybe ok for really big clubs to have unachievable targets.

She also said the stand would cost 11 million

She also said they had the worlds most monitored pitch at a cost of £1 million that’s a tattle field.

She also said tynecastle had an award winning atmosphere

She also said after interviewing all the best candidates available they had the best one all along in Craig Levein

There’s too many expames of auld budgey talking nonsense the list is nearly endless

23-12-2019, 01:07 PM
This documentary could be some of the best television ever created.

overdrive
23-12-2019, 01:57 PM
The BBC must be rubbing their hands in delight that they are having a terrible season. Much the same as Netflix would have been when Sunderland’s “bounce back to the Premiership” went tits up.

Groathillgrump
23-12-2019, 02:03 PM
The BBC must be rubbing their hands in delight that they are having a terrible season. Much the same as Netflix would have been when Sunderland’s “bounce back to the Premiership” went tits up.

Let's hope BBC Scotland have to commission a second series to follow their attempts to gain promotion back to the Premiership. :greengrin

1van Sprou7e
23-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Slightly ashamed at the amount of time I've spent over on kickback recently, but it's interesting to see a few of them starting to wake up and smell the roses

Some have finally realised the absolute state that their club has gotten itself into although the denial is still going strong with others

matty_f
23-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Slightly ashamed at the amount of time I've spent over on kickback recently, but it's interesting to see a few of them starting to wake up and smell the roses

Some have finally realised the absolute state that their club has gotten itself into although the denial is still going strong with others

I've not been on there for a long, long time. From Jambos I know, there were a few that still think the business is run ok, and it's just the team that is a shambles, then there are those that actually see the extent to which they have squandered HUGE amounts of money thanks to incompetent management.

Since452
23-12-2019, 02:30 PM
I'm really looking forward to the bit where the keystone cops play the FOH leaving the AGM when they heard about Levein playing the ghost of Christmas past every week.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191223/f1eac041fc27a76e4a530c87112397e6.gif

I thought that was footage of their last league cup parade for a second

Bostonhibby
23-12-2019, 02:35 PM
I thought that was footage of their last league cup parade for a second[emoji23][emoji23]

Creditors meeting, Lithuanian pensioners were hanging off the back.