PDA

View Full Version : Yams The generic Hearts thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Aldo
22-05-2020, 07:26 AM
They could cut 3M from their wage bill and still have a better team than they had last season so honking they were.

It’s not what BIG famous teams do though.

Looking forward to seeing the leaked document later on the proposal. Looks like St Mirren are a No so if it’s 11-1 then one more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
22-05-2020, 07:26 AM
I've not really been paying much attention to the talk of legal action. If they start it, is it to stop them being relegated or is it to gain compensation for being, in their opinion, wrongly relegated.

I think you’ll find they’ve been expelled.

Kojock
22-05-2020, 07:29 AM
Is the reconstruction plan due to be tabled today?

Tabled, shelved then binned.

Waxy
22-05-2020, 07:32 AM
Tabled, shelved then binned.

Hi Ann, bye Ann.

Waxy
22-05-2020, 07:34 AM

Looking forward to seeing the leaked document later on the proposal. Looks like St Mirren are a No so if it’s 11-1 then one more.

No looking very good for them is it?

RoYO!
22-05-2020, 07:36 AM
You just know the 3M will be to pay her biggliest most expensive team ever to play in the champ... but but but this team is too expensive to play in the champ... and 12 months later.. but but but this team is too expensive to not get promoted from the champ.. as if they should get special treatment, praise, or reward for spending too much money on rubbish.

Em that's not quite how it works Ann.. in the same way that paying 20M+ for a stand doesnt automatically make it an incredible piece of design lauded throughout the lands.

It's called cutting your cloth accordingly.

A concept that even since going to the wall, Hearts have failed to get their heads around.

Devonhibs
22-05-2020, 07:39 AM
Please please please postpone the lower league games until they allow fans back in. :pray:

Whilst in our hearts we would all love that, lets be honest, its a real worry for the other clubs and the long term future of the game in Scotland.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 07:50 AM
No looking very good for them is it?

Indeed it’s not but Karma can be a real bitch.

I think if she had just shut her pus and not spouted threats and all her crap some teams may have had sympathy for her. I think any goodwill has gone.

They are relegated plain and simple and I really don’t think anything she puts on the table will be approved. As I’ve said before I cannot see St Mirren, Accies, Utd, Ross County, Well, ourselves or Killie going for less money so it’s dead in the water. Hopefully very early decision so we can see what their legal bid will be.

O as someone else posted earlier. This docusoap is going to be priceless.

mjhibby
22-05-2020, 08:07 AM
I've not really been paying much attention to the talk of legal action. If they start it, is it to stop them being relegated or is it to gain compensation for being, in their opinion, wrongly relegated.

Since the English leagues have called there’s as is if they can’t finish it they do not have a case as it’s shown it’s the only way it can be done. This is just an ego thing like the wee team nonsense. Pathetic. I can only presume it’s to pressurise clubs into reconstruction but iv a feeling she is just alienating themselves the same as Caley have. Thistle do have a case because of their game in hand but with average points per game they lose out. Just another week of them embarrassing themselves and Scottish football. Relegation is what they need to face the reality of their shambles.

Jdawg
22-05-2020, 08:10 AM
They're exactly the same with the supposed £3m cost of relegation. It's only £3m because Budge came up with that figure but hasn't once substantiated it.

They might well lose £3m worth of turnover, but they could cut more than that from their wages bill and still have by far the biggest budget in the division - they've already saved their manager's wages for next year. They also can and will cut their other outgoings so relegation could actually produce a better bottom line than last year's. If they lose a net £3m that's down to their own gross mismanagement and nothing to do with relegation.

So far the decision to call the season hasn't cost them a penny so they have no competent claim for compensation at this stage even if there was any legal wrongdoing.

Absolutely on point here. All teams will suffer a loss upon relegation. Most of the better players usually move on. They are spending circa 20k pw on Boyce, Naismith and Damour alone. If the latter is on a contract he couldn’t refuse, and he was at Cardiff, I imagine it’s a hefty wage. Washington will be on a few bob too. Cut your cloth and sell/move ok if you can and that’s 1m saved. Mind you, 2 of them you wouldn’t touch with a barge pole. That’s hearts fault for handing out contracts way above their means.

mjhibby
22-05-2020, 08:12 AM
Whilst in our hearts we would all love that, lets be honest, its a real worry for the other clubs and the long term future of the game in Scotland.

It’s only the bottom two leagues I think they mean. The real worry is indeed the very future of the Scottish game. The most worrying thing for me is how many kids will just drift away having not played for so long. That could be the biggest effect of this virus. Only the committed kids will have kept their fitness up and some won’t have done any decent training for six months or more before they get back. A massive issue in my eyes.

Ozyhibby
22-05-2020, 08:33 AM
It’s only the bottom two leagues I think they mean. The real worry is indeed the very future of the Scottish game. The most worrying thing for me is how many kids will just drift away having not played for so long. That could be the biggest effect of this virus. Only the committed kids will have kept their fitness up and some won’t have done any decent training for six months or more before they get back. A massive issue in my eyes.

It looks like youth footy training can commence again in phase 2 so hopefully it’s not too much longer before we can get them back kicking a ball. Everyone just waiting on word from the SFA.

jacomo
22-05-2020, 08:43 AM
Keenly anticipating the documentary, but is it greedy to hope for an interview with Craig Levein on 1st June, once he’s off the Hearts payroll?

“None of this is my fault”, says embittered former hero.

Heckys Wheel
22-05-2020, 08:44 AM

What makes you say St Mirren are a no?

GreenCastle
22-05-2020, 08:45 AM

Interesting point.

Also the flip side is more maybe out in the garden/park practicing?

I’ve definitely seen families doing kick abouts more than normal.

Jdawg
22-05-2020, 08:47 AM

Goodwin and Fitzpatrick have already said there should be no reconstruction. They both said their personal view and not the clubs but I wouldn’t have thought they would come out and say that if the club intended to vote yes.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 08:50 AM

Did you not read Tiny Fitzpatricks comments in the week?

He believes they deserve to go down etc but it’s not the thoughts of club yet he’s the CEO.

Make of that what you will.

Can you really see them voting for 1 year reconstruction with the possibility of 3 or 4 going down??

calumhibee1
22-05-2020, 08:53 AM

He believes they deserve to go down etc but it’s not the thoughts of club yet he’s the CEO.

Can you really see them voting for 1 year reconstruction with the possibility of 3 or 4 going down??

That’s got to be the thing that seals it for most clubs. Potentially 4 relegated next year out of 14. All for one season so that Hearts don’t get “punished”.

Gmack7
22-05-2020, 08:55 AM
has it been confirmed that the new reconstruction begging plans will be submitted today?

Waxy
22-05-2020, 08:56 AM
Keenly anticipating the documentary, but is it greedy to hope for an interview with Craig Levein on 1st June, once he’s off the Hearts payroll?

“None of this is my fault”, says embittered former hero.

You can read it in his book “i’m a closet hibby”

Aldo
22-05-2020, 08:57 AM
That’s got to be the thing that seals it for most clubs. Potentially 4 relegated next year out of 14. All for one season so that Hearts don’t get “punished”.

Indeed however we don’t know what she’s going to propose but it’ll be along those lines I would imagine.

So if that’s the case I cannot see St Mirren, RC, Utd, Killie, Accies, St Johnstone, Well and maybe even ourselves going down this route.

The bigger implications are further down the league with teams not being promoted but remaining and those who were mid table being demoted.

All in all Budge has said all along no one should be disadvantaged because if this yet any proposals could affect dozens of teams.

That and the financial implications.

No goer and won’t be approved.

Peevemor
22-05-2020, 08:58 AM

Because the CEO is an employee - it'll be the board of directors who decide how they will vote.

He'll make recommendations to his board - it's up to them if they listen to him.

Waxy
22-05-2020, 08:58 AM

They said so.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 08:59 AM
Because the CEO is an employee - it'll be the board of directors who decide how they will vote.

He'll make recommendations to his board - it's up to them if they listen to him.

You would think and let’s hope they listen or have been listening!

Wonder if we will get a Friday statement?

Bostonhibby
22-05-2020, 09:00 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMaybe they just read that bellends post on Kickback where he said close the season down immediately after they beat St Mirren so relegating them.

Karma.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Aldo
22-05-2020, 09:02 AM
Maybe they just read that bellends post on Kickback where he said close the season down immediately after they beat St Mirren so relegating them.

Karma.

Ah yes forgot about that.

Going to be all out war if the don’t (when) they don’t get their own way!

Bostonhibby
22-05-2020, 09:05 AM
Ah yes forgot about that.

Going to be all out war if the don’t (when) they don’t get their own way!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI think they'll probably kick a couple of hats, rather than just the one this time and it'll fizzle out with a lot of bluster.

The biggest challenge they'll face is working out what kind of hats to kick.

eastmainsmsh
22-05-2020, 09:05 AM
Budge is like a jack Russell humping away no matter how many times you tell it off it just won't listen

jacomo
22-05-2020, 09:07 AM
has it been confirmed that the new reconstruction begging plans will be submitted today?

Budge promised her plan ‘by Friday’ (today), so latest estimate is a week from next Tuesday.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 09:08 AM
I think they'll probably kick a couple of hats, rather than just the one this time and it'll fizzle out with a lot of bluster.

The biggest challenge they'll face is working out what kind of hats to kick.

They’ll be too busy making cakes and filling the cash cow to help fund the legal bid.

Peevemor
22-05-2020, 09:09 AM
Budge promised her plan ‘by Friday’ (today), so latest estimate is a week from next Tuesday.

5 minutes to put together the plan and 3 days to write her statement for their site.

hibeerealist
22-05-2020, 09:13 AM
Indeed it’s not but Karma can be a real bitch.

I think if she had just shut her pus and not spouted threats and all her crap some teams may have had sympathy for her. I think any goodwill has gone.

They are relegated plain and simple and I really don’t think anything she puts on the table will be approved. As I’ve said before I cannot see St Mirren, Accies, Utd, Ross County, Well, ourselves or Killie going for less money so it’s dead in the water. Hopefully very early decision so we can see what their legal bid will be.

O as someone else posted earlier. This docusoap is going to be priceless.

With you there Aldo, so the SPFL now has to brace itself for the monumental legal action coming their way funded by the Duncans of Calimero????

Waxy
22-05-2020, 09:20 AM
Maybe they just read that bellends post on Kickback where he said close the season down immediately after they beat St Mirren so relegating them.

Karma.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200413/17ea9fcf4a81639b1d44b40b80224681.jpg

Heckys Wheel
22-05-2020, 09:25 AM
They said so.

As said above, Fitzpatrick came out through the week and stressed that it was his personal opinion there shouldn’t be reconstruction but his board are open to it.

Not really St Mirren saying no is it?

Waxy
22-05-2020, 09:31 AM
As said above, Fitzpatrick came out through the week and stressed that it was his personal opinion there shouldn’t be reconstruction but his board are open to it.

Not really St Mirren saying no is it?

Well maybe it’s not St Mirren saying no.
It’s pretty far from them saying yes though.
Do you really think St Mirren will say yes we want reconstruction to something that makes alot less sense?

Ronniekirk
22-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Boom.

The great thing about Budge is that she is never quite sure what she is saying. She has all but admitted that Hearts should be treated as a special case, and it is obvious to all that she wouldn’t give a second thought to reconstruction if Hearts hadn’t finished in last place.

Exactly She has now stoked up so much resentment in some Quarters by this nonsense they are a Special Case that it has no chance of getting voted through
So just get a date and tell her that’s the Final discussion about it and she needs to abide by it
If she then goes to Court do be it
But we can’t be held to Ransom and Bullied by one Club
The more she is allowed to speak to people and canvass views the more she will then say she needs more time and use others to further her own cause
She Needs Shut Down as soon as so we can get on with the important planning around when and his leagues can restart
We now have the the Political Blue print of how we move out of Lockdown
Now we need one for Football

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 10:04 AM
Not seen anything on the new reconstruction offer / plan for a few days now. A hearts friend says they have now got a QC on board i wonder if they have realised its a wast of time and jumped to the last resort Legal. Need to check out keekback see what they are saying.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Tug Wilson
22-05-2020, 10:14 AM
The English seem to be a bit behind us having the same arguments as we did weeks ago.

Heard a few pundits say how unfair it is to relegate teams but I’ve not heard one give a realistic alternative option, when they are pushed they just come back reiterating that it doesn’t seem fair to them.

There isn’t any fairer alternative solution, it’s as simple as that.

Had a twitter "discussion" with a The Rangers fan who continually said that it was unfair to relegate Hearts. However he could not come up with a decent alternative. I asked him repeatedly!

He could not see how clubs would be disadvantaged be reconstruction. I tried to educate him but to no avail.

At least he did not mention null and void. That ship has sailed.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 10:18 AM
Well maybe it’s not St Mirren saying no.
It’s pretty far from them saying yes though.
Do you really think St Mirren will say yes we want reconstruction to something that makes alot less sense?

I’d be very surprised if they say yes especially if Budge proposes 3/4 teams going fiends the following year. No disrespect to St Mirren but they would be right in about that mix if they voted yes.

Tug Wilson
22-05-2020, 10:22 AM
Exactly She has now stoked up so much resentment in some Quarters by this nonsense they are a Special Case that it has no chance of getting voted through
So just get a date and tell her that’s the Final discussion about it and she needs to abide by it
If she then goes to Court do be it
But we can’t be held to Ransom and Bullied by one Club
The more she is allowed to speak to people and canvass views the more she will then say she needs more time and use others to further her own cause
She Needs Shut Down as soon as so we can get on with the important planning around when and his leagues can restart
We now have the the Political Blue print of how we move out of Lockdown
Now we need one for Football

Budge's biggest issue is that she has gone hard way too early on so many things.

Threatened legal action before any decision was made on the leagues.

Threatened dismissal if the players didn't accept wage cuts as soon as football was suspended.

You only react like this if you are under pressure. In this case probably financial.

Waxy
22-05-2020, 10:37 AM
I’d be very surprised if they say yes especially if Budge proposes 3/4 teams going fiends the following year. No disrespect to St Mirren but they would be right in about that mix if they voted yes.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYoud have around eight or nine teams with a chance of going down.
I’d thought she had to have this out by today?
Nothing said about it anywhere in the news.strange.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 10:41 AM
Youd have around eight or nine teams with a chance of going down.

Indeed and not just that, some teams would have meaningless fixtures if a 6/8 spilt was proposed.

I thought that too. I’m sure we will hear about it soon enough and it will get leaked.

She will also be working on the acceptance no wait the legal route statement over the weekend too. It’s going to get very interested in the next few days or week!

Real Emerald
22-05-2020, 10:41 AM

Plus Sky would be delighted if we reconstruct the leagues. Would give them the perfect opportunity to re-negotiate the deal downwards plus adding in loads of caveats and clauses around Covid19 that could add further financial penalties onto the deal. No way will clubs allow that deal to be re-opened in the current climate.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 10:48 AM
Plus Sky would be delighted if we reconstruct the leagues. Would give them the perfect opportunity to re-negotiate the deal downwards plus adding in loads of caveats and clauses around Covid19 that could add further financial penalties onto the deal. No way will clubs allow that deal to be re-opened in the current climate.

Correct. Clubs know this and will not want to lose anymore money then they already are. However you have to understand that no club should be unfairly treated unless Budge and go can benefit.

Dead in the water before it starts and if for some strange reason clubs vote for reconstruction then there will be almighty backlash from a lot of their supporters.

Looking forward to seeing the proposal and what Budges plans are for saving them.

mjhibby
22-05-2020, 11:03 AM
Correct. Clubs know this and will not want to lose anymore money then they already are. However you have to understand that no club should be unfairly treated unless Budge and go can benefit.

Dead in the water before it starts and if for some strange reason clubs vote for reconstruction then there will be almighty backlash from a lot of their supporters.

Looking forward to seeing the proposal and what Budges plans are for saving them.

Exactly. The furore if hertz are saved could be seismic. Their threats of legal action I’m sure will have peeved off a few who were still open minded. I would be gobsmacked if reconstruction happened but nothing should surprise us in Scottish football. Ron knows he can’t afford to vote for it and St Mirren are definite nos. The only outcome is increased parachute payments which I think was budges goal all along. How long does it take to come up with a different proposal.

mjhibby
22-05-2020, 11:05 AM

Very odd how quiet it’s been on the reconstruction front. Very odd indeed.

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 11:08 AM
Nothing said about it anywhere in the news.strange.Agreed i get the feeling that the route of reconstruction is dead in the water , they have one option left if that's the case which might explain the silence. Buying time as some have said!
If a legal eagle has been appointed i doubt it will take long to advise on what grounds if any they have to appeal the decision of their fellow member clubs.
Whatever Happens this not Hearts finest hour and making enemy's along the way is not clever.

Clarence
22-05-2020, 11:08 AM
Budge is like a jack Russell humping away no matter how many times you tell it off it just won't listen

I always thought she looked more like a ****zu.

mjhibby
22-05-2020, 11:11 AM
Stendel in the papers saying he expects hertz to be in the championship next season. Obviously not with the programme. 🤣

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-05-2020, 11:13 AM
They're exactly the same with the supposed £3m cost of relegation. It's only £3m because Budge came up with that figure but hasn't once substantiated it.

The £3m is calculated on the basis that having assembled a highly paid playing squad they had factored in winning the Premiership next season. Not only is it unfair that they have been expunged, we are also denying them the prize money for winning next seasons Premiership.

It's not fair.

JeMeSouviens
22-05-2020, 11:16 AM
New mascot unveiled:

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1104206421.7304/flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

Peevemor
22-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Meanwhile in other news, the EEN continue to advertise Hickey for Hearts.

"Hearts ace tracked by Celtic and Premier League duo - reports"

"His performances have alerted the attention of clubs across the UK and abroad with Hearts having held discussions with Manchester City regarding the player."

"Hickey has also seen himself linked with Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Celtic."

Says who?

Aldo
22-05-2020, 11:20 AM
Exactly. The furore if hertz are saved could be seismic. Their threats of legal action I’m sure will have peeved off a few who were still open minded. I would be gobsmacked if reconstruction happened but nothing should surprise us in Scottish football. Ron knows he can’t afford to vote for it and St Mirren are definite nos. The only outcome is increased parachute payments which I think was budges goal all along. How long does it take to come up with a different proposal.

She’s bleated on about losing this and losing that because of this pandemic yet I don’t really hear many other clubs shouting from the rooftop about it. All are going about their business in a professional manner, as they should.

Budge is using C019 pandemic as a smokescreen for their current financial plight and they are using every conceivable trick in the book to get more money, and this includes threats of legal action and threats to players.

Panic mode set in right away and why doesn’t Benny out more money in.... simple because she knows she’s ****ed up and big time.

Hopefully this reconstruction pish can finally get put to bed and then the next saga of what legal action they will take.

CB_NO3
22-05-2020, 11:23 AM
Still struggling to see a legal case. UEFA asked governing bodies to decide the league on sporting merit, SPFL had a vote and it was passed.

I did think they could have a case on loss of earnings but the more I think about that is dead in the water. All 42 clubs could argue the same case especially Hibs as we lost a place.

I do feel Partick might have a case as they played a game less and was impossible for them to be safe, however it goes back to same argument above that was voted on.

Ozyhibby
22-05-2020, 11:24 AM

"His performances have alerted the attention of clubs across the UK and abroad with Hearts having held discussions with Manchester City regarding the player."

Says who?

Hearts need money badly. These stories will be getting pushed hard over the next few weeks and months. Sevco will continue their two year long campaign to get someone to buy Morelos as well.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 11:24 AM

Says who?

Their only sellable asset. Funnily enough I believe they are due Celtic money in respect of a development fee for Hickey, which they’ll obviously try and avoid.

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 11:26 AM
Their only sellable asset. Funnily enough I believe they are due Celtic money in respect of a development fee for Hickey, which they’ll obviously try and avoid.

They will be due money from the sale of Hickey. Nof sure what the % agreed is.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 11:27 AM
Still struggling to see a legal case. UEFA asked governing bodies to decide the league on sporting merit, SPFL had a vote and it was passed.

I did think they could have a case on loss of earnings but the more I think about that is dead in the water. All 42 clubs could argue the same case especially Hibs as we lost a place.

I do feel Partick might have a case as they played a game less and was impossible for them to be safe, however it goes back to same argument above that was voted on.

I can’t see it either. All clubs voted, UEFA agreed and all clubs will lose something financially, more than others. Their issues are they have spent well outwith their means yet again and are now struggling.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 11:28 AM

Let’s hope it’s not and it goes to a tribunal and it screws Budge and co over big time.

The more I read about Budge and the more statements she pushes out spouting pish, the more I want them to suffer.

Skol
22-05-2020, 11:34 AM
Had a twitter "discussion" with a The Rangers fan who continually said that it was unfair to relegate Hearts. However he could not come up with a decent alternative. I asked him repeatedly!

He could not see how clubs would be disadvantaged be reconstruction. I tried to educate him but to no avail.

At least he did not mention null and void. That ship has sailed.

One alternative is equally or maybe even more unfair on Dundee United.

Another alternative is then unfair on the top 12 who subsidise Hearts

Or Hearts could say reconstruct and we will forego prize money and TV income regardless of where we finish, but at least let us benefit from bigger crowds. This would be the least worst option but does mean 3 teams then go down which isnt fair on them

green day
22-05-2020, 11:34 AM
Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Man City - :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not like Hearts to big themselves up...................

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-05-2020, 11:37 AM
"Hearts could face 18-game Championship season as Neil Doncaster issues Betfred Cup concern..."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-could-face-18-game-championship-season-neil-doncaster-issues-betfred-cup-concern-2861971

That's not a lot of money coming in through the turnstiles for poor Hearts. It's not fair.

22-05-2020, 11:38 AM
Saughton Jambo***

Posted*1 hour ago

Since Leslie Deans interview on Sportsound last Saturday then I have been In*regular contact with Les. Les*contacted me personally this morning *via telephone*and asked me to post his official letter to our chairman outlining his views on court action*on his behalf.

*Can everyone please share this on all social media platforms to spread his word as his request?*
*many thanks*

*SJ

*I have copied and pasted*his views verbatim and have removed his personal email address for obvious reasons.*
*As follows:-

*In my opinion, There are a minimum of 3 grounds which would entitle Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer and perhaps Rangers, to institute civil court proceedings against SPFL and the clubs who voted to expel the first 3 clubs
Firstly, the clubs formed a common purpose. In the case of the premiership , that was to play 38 games against each other with club 12 to be relegated after these games were played. A common purpose creates a duty of care to each other. The actions of certain other members breach that duty. Additionally the SPFL must act in the best interest of all member clubs and I believe they have failed to do so. Their actions and conduct are set out in the dossier prepared by Rangers. The excuse given for abandoning the current campaign is that they want to start a new campaign, excluding Hearts from the Premiership. The chairman of SPFL has stated he hopes this can happen by July. By committing to a new campaign with a different membership , before the existing campaign is complete , a breach of duty occurs.*
Secondly, there was material non disclosure by SPFL in their briefing pack to clubs on April 8. As I understand it, no reference was made to the potential rebate claim by broadcasters if the league was called early. Additionally no other options than early termination were presented to clubs who were told this was the only feasible option. It was not. By their actions and omissions SPFL did not act in the best interest of all clubs. *
Thirdly, the SPFL motion was not passed. Dundee FC were not legally entitled to change their vote after it was cast. The motion failed and no further motion has been put to the clubs. SPFL are acting illegally.*
The pursuers only need to convince the court on any one of these 3 grounds to win the case.*

If so, the following remedies should be sought
1- Interdict against SPFL starting a new campaign until the current one is finished, whenever that might be.*
2- damages for actual and potential financial loss stemming from their expulsion.*
3- the expenses of litigation.*

*Yours Faithfully

*Leslie Deans*

They're arguing that all clubs have a duty of care to each other. It is impossible for SPFL to act in the best interests of all 42 clubs at all times. All decisions will not suit absolutely everyone, otherwise 100% of clubs would vote the same way. Ann Budge's likely proposed reconstruction option is not int the best interests of all 42 clubs. 14-14-14 disadvantages Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar, Cove Rangers who'd be competing alongside the 10 current League 2 clubs and for less money. Also Dundee, Ayr, Arbroath, Dunfermline, Morton, Alloa and QoS will be in a league half made up of Championship clubs and half of League 1 clubs, also competing for less money. That's at least 10 clubs that Hearts won't be showing a duty of care towards.

The non-disclosure of the potential rebate claim from Sky bit is laughable. How any sensible person could argue they wouldn't expect there to be a rebate would be either lying or stupid. If the argument is that they should have been told the £10m figure, why would you hamper your negotiating position by telling people how much you might have to pay back? The fact that the £10m figure has made its way from just being shared with the SPFL board out into the public domain is testimony to that.

They're saying no other options were provided and that there were other feasible options. They've not said what the other feasible options are however it is easy to prove the alternatives weren't feasible.*Null and void would cost the league a fortune in rebates and playing it out instead would mean next season would start late and therefore jeopardise the Sky deal. Any renegotiating will be downwards. The SPFL wouldn't be showing a duty of care to the clubs if they did either of those 2 alternatives. Don't know what other options they might come up with but I'm sure they'd be easy to prove as not feasible.

Through the passage of time since the Good Friday vote it is now undoubtable that ending the league the way it has been was the correct decision. Even Hearts and Rangers accepted this. The SPFL board has clearly shown good foresight and have been proved right.

If they're still arguing about if money or loans could have been advanced to the clubs, even though Neil Doncaster has explained it, none of that matters now anyway. Even if money could have been given to clubs they way Hearts are saying it could, we'd have still ended up where we are now with the leagues called. In fact you could also say that about any of the information that was included or excluded in the briefing pack given to the clubs, it doesn't matter as we'd have still ended up where we are now. Their only alternative to argue against where we could have ended up instead is the null and void they were plotting with Inverness and Rangers. If they're hanging their hat on that being a feasible alternative then they're in trouble.

There was previously discussion about company law saying that a no vote can be changed to yes vote (but not the other way) as long as it hasn't been announced the resolution has failed, which it hadn't. If that is correct then it would be easy to argue the voting was legal. Even if the court determines the voting was illegal, what happens next? Sack the SPFL board, let Hearts, Rangers and Inverness propose their null and void resolution which would be heavily defeated? Then redo the vote on the original resolution and we still end up exactly where we are now.

All seems very flimsy to me.

Andy74
22-05-2020, 11:40 AM
They're arguing that all clubs have a duty of care to each other. It is impossible for SPFL to act in the best interests of all 42 clubs at all times. All decisions will not suit absolutely everyone, otherwise 100% of clubs would vote the same way. Ann Budge's likely proposed reconstruction option is not int the best interests of all 42 clubs. 14-14-14*disadvantages Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar, Cove Rangers who'd be competing alongside the 10 current League 2 clubs and for less money. Also Dundee, Ayr, Arbroath, Dunfermline, Morton, Alloa and QoS will be in a league half made up of Championship clubs and half of League 1 clubs, also competing for less money. That's at least 10 clubs that Hearts won't be showing a duty of care towards.

The non-disclosure of the potential rebate claim from Sky bit is laughable. How any sensible person could argue they wouldn't expect there to be a rebate would be either lying or stupid. If the argument is that they should have been told the £10m figure, why would you hamper your negotiating position by telling people how much you might have to pay back? The fact that the £10m figure has made its way from just being shared with the SPFL board out into the public domain is testimony to that.

They're saying no other options were provided and that there were other feasible options. They've not said what the other feasible options are however it is easy to prove the alternatives weren't feasible.*Null and void would cost the league a fortune in rebates and playing it out instead would mean next season would start late and therefore jeopardise the Sky deal. Any renegotiating will be downwards. The SPFL wouldn't be showing a duty of care to the clubs if they did either of those 2 alternatives. Don't know what other options they might come up with but I'm sure they'd be easy to prove as not feasible.

Through the passage of time since the Good Friday vote it is now undoubtable that ending the league the way it has been was the correct decision. Even Hearts and Rangers accepted this. The SPFL board has clearly shown good foresight and have been proved right.

If they're still arguing about if money or loans could have been advanced to the clubs, even though Neil Doncaster has explained it, none of that matters now anyway. Even if money could have been given to clubs they way Hearts are saying it could, we'd have still ended up where we are now with the leagues called. In fact you could also say that about any of the information that was included or excluded in the briefing pack given to the clubs, it doesn't matter as we'd have still ended up where we are now. Their only alternative to argue against where we could have ended up instead is the null and void they were plotting with Inverness and Rangers. If they're hanging their hat on that being a feasible alternative then they're in trouble.

There was previously discussion about company law saying that a no vote can be changed to yes vote (but not the other way) as long as it hasn't been announced the resolution has failed, which it hadn't. If that is correct then it would be easy to argue the voting was legal. Even if the court determines the voting was illegal, what happens next? Sack the SPFL board, let Hearts, Rangers and Inverness propose their null and void resolution which would be heavily defeated? Then redo the vote on the original resolution and we still end up exactly where we are now.

All seems very flimsy to me.

It isn't just flimsy, it is absolute drivel.

Peevemor
22-05-2020, 11:41 AM
ps. I've got a great deal on a 2 bedroom flat in the Southside - cash only!

oldbutdim
22-05-2020, 11:42 AM
I think you’ll find they’ve been expelled.

Expelegated.
:aok:

Bostonhibby
22-05-2020, 11:43 AM
"Hearts could face 18-game Championship season as Neil Doncaster issues Betfred Cup concern..."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-could-face-18-game-championship-season-neil-doncaster-issues-betfred-cup-concern-2861971

That's not a lot of money coming in through the turnstiles for poor Hearts. It's not fair.Their only hope is Mrs doctor Budge spending big again to avoid relegation.

Peevemor
22-05-2020, 11:43 AM
It isn't just flimsy, it is absolute drivel.

Exactly - he can't possibly have read the SPFL's rules.

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 11:45 AM

That's not a lot of money coming in through the turnstiles for poor Hearts. It's not fair.

Would save money on Leveins medical centre

Joe6-2
22-05-2020, 11:45 AM
Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Man City - :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Somebody is telling porkies!

Waxy
22-05-2020, 11:47 AM
Every SPFL club not in the premier division wont be making the same money as teams in there.
What makes hearts think they’re more entitled than a Dundee, ICT or any team to be in there?
They’ve been relegated through sporing merit.
Pretty much they think they’re a special case.

Hibs1969
22-05-2020, 11:48 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52758938

They took part in a video conference with other championships clubs yesterday
I’m surprised they interrupted the celebrations on the anniversary of the greatest day in their history for something as mundane as a zoom call with their new colleagues. I do hope their sausage rolls didn’t go cold.

hibeerealist
22-05-2020, 11:49 AM
Their only hope is Mrs doctor Budge spending big again to avoid relegation.

The Duncans are very angry and if Budge does not succeed with reconstruction (no chance anyway) and then fails to take legal action they will turn on her.

IF she has any sense she should then transfer their worthless shares to FOH and get out or this will cost her more than it is worth.

Since90+2
22-05-2020, 11:54 AM

They are due Celtic 33% of any transfer fee.

The 90+2
22-05-2020, 11:59 AM
The Duncans are very angry and if Budge does not succeed with reconstruction (no chance anyway) and then fails to take legal action they will turn on her.

IF she has any sense she should then transfer their worthless shares to FOH and get out or this will cost her more than it is worth.

She won’t leave until she’s paid Craig Leveins contract up using hearts’ money.

hibeerealist
22-05-2020, 12:02 PM
They are due Celtic 33% of any transfer fee.

That certain?

Big whack off the fee if true!!!

GGTTH

Since90+2
22-05-2020, 12:09 PM
That certain?

GGTTH

Was widely reported in the media by various places when he was linked with a move last year.

Edit - just checked stories from around that time and it's 30% not 33%.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 12:16 PM
Was widely reported in the media by various places when he was linked with a move last year.

Still a fair whack though.

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 12:17 PM
That certain?

GGTTHRead that a few months back he is in the last year of his contract as of 31st this month so not in a very strong bargaining position. If Celtic want him back then your not talking a big fee

O'Rourke3
22-05-2020, 12:19 PM
Very odd how quiet it’s been on the reconstruction front. Very odd indeed.Done and dusted. Like their vote, they've assumed someone emailed it to the SFPL. The hint something has gone wrong is Allisbarry is not over the twatter zone bumming it up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Irish_Steve
22-05-2020, 12:22 PM
If they do manage to come back up, will they have been regugitated??

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 12:29 PM

IF she has any sense she should then transfer their worthless shares to FOH and get out or this will cost her more than it is worth.They have definitely appointed a QC i don't know what firm he is from maybe our legal boys might know . So she is not letting up

Wakeyhibee
22-05-2020, 12:30 PM
I smell a rat....

The Email purported to be from Leslie Deans doesn't ring true.

if the legal case is strong, why urge all to share all over social media?

Timing is also suspicious the day before the proposal is submitted, whilst those factors have been known all along.

Is this a Hibby legal on the windup?
Or is this just a last ditch attempt to bully other clubs into reconstruction.

I think the latter and their bluff should be called. Legal action (no matter how strong/weak) would be disastrous for Hearts in more ways than one.

jacomo
22-05-2020, 12:34 PM

The insane thing is that this situation has not been forced on Budge.

She is the one who has pushed for reconstruction and she is the one threatening legal action.

She’s revved up the Jambos and given them hope they can avoid relegation. It’s all on her.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 12:35 PM
I smell a rat....

Timing is also suspicious the day before the proposal is submitted, whilst those factors have been known all along.

I think the latter and their bluff should be called. Legal action (no matter how strong/weak) would be disastrous for Hearts in more ways than one.

The silence from Doncaster and co has been superb. Veil threats of legal action because they cannot get their own way will not be forgotten.

The SPFL legal team will hopefully have all their bricks lined up and I await this next chapter once the proposal is booted out.

I maybe wrong but do Budge and go think that putting together a possible legal case will prevent things from moving forward?? I don’t. We will see things move in courts soon enough but there will be far more pressing cases (both civil and criminal) than the rattle out the pram tantrum one

RyeSloan
22-05-2020, 12:45 PM
Did one of Ann’s infamous statements not suggest that she had a reconstruction proposal that she was going to email the premiership teams after the meeting where reconstruction was first torpedoed.

I’m sure she said that and was hinting that it was so unfair they had discussed it just before she had hit send on the email..

Yet here we are weeks after that meeting and still we await Ann’s grand plan.

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 12:46 PM
I smell a rat....

I think the latter and their bluff should be called. Legal action (no matter how strong/weak) would be disastrous for Hearts in more ways than one.Its a wind up Saughton Jambo is not a Jambo i did not need a QC lol

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 12:48 PM
https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/club-update-with-roy-macgregor/

Update from Ross County today

Billy Whizz
22-05-2020, 12:49 PM
https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/club-update-with-roy-macgregor/

Update from Ross County today

What’s the key points

Wakeyhibee
22-05-2020, 12:52 PM
Its a wind up Saughton Jambo is not a Jambo i did not need a QC lol

I'll hang up my deerstalker lol

RoxburghHibs
22-05-2020, 01:08 PM
Aren't Hearts meant to be submitting "League recontruction v2.0" by today at the latest?

The 90+2
22-05-2020, 01:11 PM
I smell a rat....

What letter?

G B Young
22-05-2020, 01:12 PM
Done and dusted. Like their vote, they've assumed someone emailed it to the SFPL. The hint something has gone wrong is Allisbarry is not over the twatter zone bumming it up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Spot on.

Wakeyhibee
22-05-2020, 01:20 PM
What letter?

The latter one

JeMeSouviens
22-05-2020, 01:21 PM
What’s the key points

Key point for me is its 20 mins long and I can't be arsed. :greengrin

Blaster
22-05-2020, 01:21 PM
What’s the key points

Just listened to it. Not a great deal new in it overall and no question asked regards reconstruction.

Extending contracts for out of contract players who he has no intention of signing afterwards won’t be happening. It’s against what he believes the furlough scheme is there for

Doesn’t expect the season to start until late August or possibly September

They are scaling back on various things to cut costs. Academy will probably have to take a back seat for a while. Expects to lose around 35% of previous seasons commercial income

Not selling season tickets at present until he can let supporters know what they will get for their money

Main points I picked up

hibeerealist
22-05-2020, 01:30 PM

Not going to argue over 3%, still a nice deduction from the Duncan's dough!!

mjhibby
22-05-2020, 01:37 PM
Key point for me is its 20 mins long and I can't be arsed. :greengrin

Was very informative. Laid out the reality of the situation. Academy shut for a year. No reserve team. 35% reduction in income. With the pars releasing 17 players we are now seeing the effects of this virus.

Jdawg
22-05-2020, 01:54 PM
Its a wind up Saughton Jambo is not a Jambo i did not need a QC lol

Really? 😂

JeMeSouviens
22-05-2020, 02:06 PM
Was very informative. Laid out the reality of the situation. Academy shut for a year. No reserve team. 35% reduction in income. With the pars releasing 17 players we are now seeing the effects of this virus.

Thanks for summarising. :aok:

ancient hibee
22-05-2020, 02:10 PM
If she was to go to court she might be in for a shock because the SPFL has no money.

JohnMcM
22-05-2020, 02:16 PM

Thanks. Helpful of you.:agree:

Jim44
22-05-2020, 02:17 PM
If she was to go to court she might be in for a shock because the SPFL has no money.

If she went to court and won, would any costs and compensation not have to be met by the 42 clubs? That would be popular.

JimBHibees
22-05-2020, 02:26 PM
New mascot unveiled:

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1104206421.7304/flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

Get a Hearts strip on that and it is spot on. :greengrin

JimBHibees
22-05-2020, 02:31 PM

Just hope if Hickey is sold Chris Burke isn't playing against him as absolutely tortured him the last time.

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 02:39 PM
doctor jambo doctor jambo

Posted 30 minutes ago
34 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:
Games wont start below Prem without fans. We are in a worse position as we have more ongoing costs.

There MUST be an open and frank conversation with ALL clubs in Scotland now.

Everyone provides written proof and accounts from an auditor that proves they can field a team.

Those that can do this are grouped together and form the professional leagues.

Those that cannot go amateur.

Those still standing and can field teams get divided into divisions- full time in one and part time in the other.

Nothing else makes sense now

Sammy7nil
22-05-2020, 02:41 PM

Posted 30 minutes ago
Games wont start below Prem without fans. We are in a worse position as we have more ongoing costs.

Everyone provides written proof and accounts from an auditor that proves they can field a team.

Those still standing and can field teams get divided into divisions- full time in one and part time in the other.

Meanwhile in the real world 🌎

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 02:42 PM
Did one of Ann’s infamous statements not suggest that she had a reconstruction proposal that she was going to email the premiership teams after the meeting where reconstruction was first torpedoed.

I’m sure she said that and was hinting that it was so unfair they had discussed it just before she had hit send on the email..

Yet here we are weeks after that meeting and still we await Ann’s grand plan.

I'm sure she said if the finished the season and the decision was made to relegate Hearts she wouldn't fight it? I'm sure it's on film somewhere

Bostonhibby
22-05-2020, 02:48 PM

Posted 30 minutes ago

Nothing else makes sense nowI remember the last time they'd so much riding on a set of accounts, jeez they even declared themselves to be "self sufficient".

We're beyond desperation now it seems, or someone's at the wind up.

Waxy
22-05-2020, 02:50 PM

Posted 30 minutes ago

Making up false doomsday scenario to escape relegation. Next.

Skol
22-05-2020, 02:52 PM

Posted 30 minutes ago

Going to go out on a limb here and say that I think there is some merit in this. Many clubs will just need to batten down the hatches for a while.

Maybe we should have one division for one season but on the basis that we go back to normal after that at which point hearts are in the championship.

hibbyfraelibby
22-05-2020, 02:53 PM

My kind of reconstruction!

hibeerealist
22-05-2020, 03:00 PM

Posted 30 minutes ago

Pity auditors could not get a look at Hertz books when self sufficient Southern was lying through his back teeth!! Aye and Hertz considered the effects of their lying on other teams, Dundee???

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 03:00 PM
My kind of reconstruction!

A slow start and they may struggle to come back up

bingo70
22-05-2020, 03:02 PM
Going to go out on a limb here and say that I think there is some merit in this. Many clubs will just need to batten down the hatches for a while.

Maybe we should have one division for one season but on the basis that we go back to normal after that at which point hearts are in the championship.

I think so too.

I think some teams will have to go part time, possibly amateur and will just be relatively happy to have a league to go into. I don’t think the post being laughed at is as ridiculous as it seems.

I don’t think your second paragraph is workable though.

ancient hibee
22-05-2020, 03:04 PM
If she went to court and won, would any costs and compensation not have to be met by the 42 clubs? That would be popular.

I suspect that would provide the legal profession with work for years particularly as some clubs would say they voted for reconstruction.No doubt there will be strange clauses in the SPFL constitution regarding liabilities.

JeMeSouviens
22-05-2020, 03:07 PM

I would've thought full-time lower league teams with a consequently higher cost base would struggle more than the part-timers though? From a prem pov, the teams are all full time and will struggle enough with the tv pot split 12 ways. Nobody's going to want to dilute that even further.

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 03:10 PM
I'm sure she said if the finished the season and the decision was made to relegate Hearts she wouldn't fight it? I'm sure it's on film somewherehttps://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18372420.ann-budge-insists-hearts-will-accept-relegation-that-community-football-clubs-believe-right/

She did whats changed ?

Rumble de Thump
22-05-2020, 03:20 PM
Any clubs that have shown their financial mismangement means they rely heavily on donations and still can't pay their employees' wages might have to be liquidated.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 03:21 PM
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18372420.ann-budge-insists-hearts-will-accept-relegation-that-community-football-clubs-believe-right/

She did whats changed ?

She’s not got a clue and cannot remember what she’s said. Simples.

Tell you whose been quiet.... her chum Mr English!

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 03:34 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPerhaps there really is no more to say , the final end game must be near. Unless this Qc comes up with a golden nugget then its done.
Hearts biggest problem is they might have no one to play against a d seriously what happens then?

SouthMoroccoStu
22-05-2020, 03:44 PM

Posted 30 minutes ago

Frank conversation

Get down and stop dicking us all about you shower of puddle drinking hun wannabes

Ozyhibby
22-05-2020, 03:48 PM
Frank conversation

Get down and stop dicking us all about you shower of puddle drinking hun wannabes

So your open to possible reconstruction?[emoji23]

jacomo
22-05-2020, 03:50 PM

I think you are right. I’ve never read that before but it seems in direct contradiction to anything else she’s said.

She also seems to admit that, in 6 years at Hearts, she’s never bothered to speak to a peer at a league one or league two club.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 03:52 PM
Perhaps there really is no more to say , the final end game must be near. Unless this Qc comes up with a golden nugget then its done.
Hearts biggest problem is they might have no one to play against a d seriously what happens then?

There shouldn’t be tbh but I really do wonder if she’s went down the begging give me one more chance or we are deed as a club?

Barney McGrew
22-05-2020, 03:55 PM
If the Championship does go into deep freeze until next year and then they only play 18 games, then they’re goosed. There’s no way they can survive that long with no income other than FOH money.

Oh well :cb

Skol
22-05-2020, 03:59 PM
I would rather hearts survived if I am honest. Would lose a lot of appeal with no derby games or rivals to laugh at

CentreLine
22-05-2020, 03:59 PM
So when is the big decision on the latest reconstruction idea? Has it even been submitted?

Heisenberg
22-05-2020, 04:00 PM
Their reconstruction proposal now being submitted to the SPFL next week after taking more time to consult (attempt to bully) clubs across all leagues.

22-05-2020, 04:05 PM
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18372420.ann-budge-insists-hearts-will-accept-relegation-that-community-football-clubs-believe-right/

She did whats changed ?

Nothing. She regularly spouts guff which shouldn't be believed.

22-05-2020, 04:09 PM
If the Championship does go into deep freeze until next year and then they only play 18 games, then they’re goosed. There’s no way they can survive that long with no income other than FOH money.

Oh well :cb

Maybe Hearts will have their day in court but it will due to creditors taking action against them.

Col L
22-05-2020, 04:11 PM
The reconstruction Enigma Code. You can just imagine all the chairmen and CEOs groaning then dingying her when they see her name flash up on their phone.

jacomo
22-05-2020, 04:12 PM
I would rather hearts survived if I am honest. Would lose a lot of appeal with no derby games or rivals to laugh at

They’ll survive. They have the greatest fans in the world, greatly superior to us in every respect.

Just spend a few minutes on kickback and put your mind at ease. Apparently we should be more worried, due to our loss of the coveted maroon pound.

Irish_Steve
22-05-2020, 04:19 PM
Sorry to report back but the Fartz will be fine with 18 games, according to this one

David McCabe is the financial guru this time:

I would imagine our compensation claim rises by at least 50% towards the £5m mark if the SPFL attempts to shorten the Championship season.

Joe6-2
22-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Sorry to report back but the Fartz will be fine with 18 games, according to this one

I would imagine our compensation claim rises by at least 50% towards the £5m mark if the SPFL attempts to shorten the Championship season.

😂😂 5 million 😂😂😂

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 04:24 PM
New kit launched

Aldo
22-05-2020, 04:26 PM
I think you are right. I’ve never read that before but it seems in direct contradiction to anything else she’s said.

She also seems to admit that, in 6 years at Hearts, she’s never bothered to speak to a peer at a league one or league two club.

She doesn’t need to speak with anyone, they come to her remember for advice.

She’s now been given more time. FFS this is so tedious now.

JohnM1875
22-05-2020, 04:26 PM
New kit launched

Inspiring.

Hibs4185
22-05-2020, 04:27 PM
New kit launched

Can someone who is good with images, add ‘championship edition’ or similar to this?? 😂

Alfred E Newman
22-05-2020, 04:27 PM
New kit launched

Awful.

Keith_M
22-05-2020, 04:34 PM
New kit launched

Surely the slogan should have been "Marooned"

GloryGlory
22-05-2020, 04:35 PM
Inspiring.

The bloodied turd that refuses to flush!

PS Has Budgie submitted her "plan" yet?

Jim44
22-05-2020, 04:37 PM
While the ‘Save the Children’ concept is admirable, can I suggest they change it to ‘Save the Jambos’.

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 04:38 PM
The bloodied turd that refuses to flush!

PS Has Budgie submitted her "plan" yet?

Early next week after it took longer to consult teams across the divisions.

Jakhog1
22-05-2020, 04:42 PM
New kit launched

That is hideously bad, bland and boring, definitely a championship strip that, also sleeves look a different material from the rest of the strip, must be off cuts they had lying around

chasitup
22-05-2020, 04:43 PM
I’m really surprised by that, she said she could multitask really well and she’s a really successful businesswoman don’t you know......

GloryGlory
22-05-2020, 04:44 PM

Jeez - how many goes at this does she need? I thought she was a business genius?

Irish_Steve
22-05-2020, 04:45 PM
Hmmm, surely not.....

Newton51
Squad Member
Newton51
Registered Users A

1,587 posts
Donor
Posted 2 hours ago
The theory that st Mirren knew the league would be called after our game isn’t far fetched as even people on this forum predicted it happening.

Waxy
22-05-2020, 04:46 PM
She didnt succeed in the business of tasking multiple issues to the timescale given then?

Andy74
22-05-2020, 04:47 PM
Hmmm, surely not.....

Newton51
Squad Member
Newton51
Registered Users A

1,587 posts
Donor
Posted 2 hours ago
The theory that st Mirren knew the league would be called after our game isn’t far fetched as even people on this forum predicted it happening.

And so they mischievously went out to win the game?

Green_one
22-05-2020, 04:47 PM
They’ll survive. They have the greatest fans in the world, greatly superior to us in every respect.

Just spend a few minutes on kickback and put your mind at ease. Apparently we should be more worried, due to our loss of the coveted maroon pound.

Surely us Hibees can fall back on construction of minor household items or the selling of rather naughty substances.

Admittedly they have cake making and legal advice as possible sources of revenue. However they have major costs in areas such as mental health and raising Edinburgh castle to a height they can see it. Luckily they have Budge, Deans and Kiwidug I am sure they can compensate for massive loss of revenue, increased debt, no manager and a playing staff who were awful for 18 months

Once they are playing in the Championship it will dawn on them that they are cream puffed and donkeys led by muppets.

Brightside
22-05-2020, 04:48 PM
That top is so poor its hard to fathom.

Waxy
22-05-2020, 04:49 PM

Hello its Ann Budge can i speak to the chairman?
Hes not here
Can i speak to a board member then?
Not here
Is anyone there?
The cleaner?
They’ll do.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-05-2020, 04:49 PM
If they do manage to come back up, will they have been regugitated??

:greengrin

Tug Wilson
22-05-2020, 04:50 PM

They really don't get how the court action would work.

Andy74
22-05-2020, 04:52 PM
New kit launched

Standard bland lower league kit. Although worse than the average as it’s maroon, obviously.

weecounty hibby
22-05-2020, 04:57 PM
New kit launched

That is horrific. Even worse than the usual bloodied turd tops. It's just a plain maroon t-shirt with a badge on it. Probably fit in well in div 1. Wonder what monstrosity they will have for an away too?

greenginger
22-05-2020, 05:00 PM

Bet some never picked up the phone , got her tagged as a nuisance caller. :greengrin

Jdawg
22-05-2020, 05:00 PM
Standard bland lower league kit. Although worse than the average as it’s maroon, obviously.

Should change the sponsor to Save the Hearts and put always cheated never defeated on the back.

Did umbro start the body of the top with material used for top division sides only then once relegation was confirmed they used lower division material for the sleeves 😂

Glory Lurker
22-05-2020, 05:02 PM
Every day brings yet more warning that Scottish football is going to be hit by a metaphorical meteor. Who's on the group trying to act in the best interests of our game? Who's only doing self interest at the moment?

22-05-2020, 05:02 PM
I’m really surprised by that, she said she could multitask really well and she’s a really successful businesswoman don’t you know......

Don't forget she's an expert negotiator too. She reckoned the Sky contract would be easy to renegotiate so surely negotiating with fellow football club owners/CEOs etc should be a piece of cake for her. As has been mentioned, if she was going to put proposals in front of the Premiership teams a couple of weeks ago for discussion but got kb'd before she got a chance, how come it is taking so long to get them ready now?

truehibernian
22-05-2020, 05:04 PM
That new home top is honking :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Ann 'multi-tasker' Budge is having an absolute shocker at the moment :greengrin

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 05:06 PM
Even the shorts are howfin 🙃

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 05:08 PM
Don't forget she's an expert negotiator too. She reckoned the Sky contract would be easy to renegotiate so surely negotiating with fellow football club owners/CEOs etc should be a piece of cake for her. As has been mentioned, if she was going to put proposals in front of the Premiership teams a couple of weeks ago for discussion but got kb'd before she got a chance, how come it is taking so long to get them ready now?Totally correct , although there is not much to say in the media what is truly happening , i will stick with reconstruction is not happening and she is playing for time to see what legally are her options are if any?
I'm only surprised that other legal experts have not commented on what if anything Hearts could do.

Radium
22-05-2020, 05:10 PM
That new home top is honking :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Ann 'multi-tasker' Budge is having an absolute shocker at the moment :greengrin

Sorry, made me smile

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200522/53ccd6dc569037d063f6dd9bbe010b8d.jpg

Bostonhibby
22-05-2020, 05:13 PM

I would imagine our compensation claim rises by at least 50% towards the £5m mark if the SPFL attempts to shorten the Championship season.Wow, just think how much money they'll get if there's no games at all.

All they've got to do to collect is appoint a conveyancing lawyer, pay a QC to tell them what they want, set out the so far intangible case and a judge will fill their big red coo with cash.

No one's smarter than all these experts that are coming out the woodwork.

jacomo
22-05-2020, 05:13 PM
She doesn’t need to speak with anyone, they come to her remember for advice.

She’s now been given more time. FFS this is so tedious now.

On 17 April she said 2-3 weeks maximum for her reconstruction task force.

Five weeks later, still nothing.

She is inept. Why would the top flight want her in their gang?

PatHead
22-05-2020, 05:14 PM
Perhaps there really is no more to say , the final end game must be near. Unless this Qc comes up with a golden nugget then its done.

They carry on playing with themselves?

JohnMcM
22-05-2020, 05:15 PM
New kit launched

Really surprised it comes without sleeves. After all, it gets a tad cold in Ayr, Abroath, Inverness and Dumbarton during winter. Then there's Dundee where they will get a less than warm reception. :greengrin

Jack
22-05-2020, 05:15 PM
New kit launched

All in maroon???
I can see white and yellow bits!

White is sometimes associated with surrender.
Yellow is sometimes associated with cowardice.

Carheenlea
22-05-2020, 05:16 PM
New kit launched

Sleeve trim has a bit of a Fred Perry style about it that I quite like. Nothing else of note though.

jacomo
22-05-2020, 05:18 PM
Surely us Hibees can fall back on construction of minor household items or the selling of rather naughty substances.

Admittedly they have cake making and legal advice as possible sources of revenue. However they have major costs in areas such as mental health and raising Edinburgh castle to a height they can see it. Luckily they have Budge, Deans and Kiwidug I am sure they can compensate for massive loss of revenue, increased debt, no manager and a playing staff who were awful for 18 months

Once they are playing in the Championship it will dawn on them that they are cream puffed and donkeys led by muppets.

As my dear auntie once told me: no matter how bad the economy gets, folk will always want pegs and drugs.

truehibernian
22-05-2020, 05:21 PM
Sorry, made me smile

Hope they make shorts in XXXL :faf::aok:

Aldo
22-05-2020, 05:21 PM
On 17 April she said 2-3 weeks maximum for her reconstruction task force.

Five weeks later, still nothing.

She is inept. Why would the top flight want her in their gang?

I’ll raise you the Megastandwithbestfacilitiesever. We are still waiting and that’s years!

Because of her outstanding business acumen...[emoji848]

22-05-2020, 05:22 PM
Sorry, made me smile

I like those strips but not sure they'd look quite so good with Boyce and Naismith in them.

Rumble de Thump
22-05-2020, 05:23 PM
Has the cash cow been furloughed?

GreenCastle
22-05-2020, 05:24 PM
New top is awful. Looks cheap and nasty.

All in maroon ? Do they not realise the shorts are white? Idiots.

Heisenberg
22-05-2020, 05:25 PM
14-14-16 apparently her proposal. Non starter imo.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5624968/hearts-spfl-restructure-extra-time-budge-monday/

22-05-2020, 05:31 PM
Totally correct , although there is not much to say in the media what is truly happening , i will stick with reconstruction is not happening and she is playing for time to see what legally are her options are if any?
I'm only surprised that other legal experts have not commented on what if anything Hearts could do.

Hard to tell if she's buying time or just not very good. Her pal Leslie Deans made the point that no other country had called their leagues and were relegating clubs except for France, whose government was backing the relegated clubs. Buying herself time could work against her as more and more leagues do the same as us. Certainly if they want use the Leslie Dean argument.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 05:35 PM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5624968/hearts-spfl-restructure-extra-time-budge-monday/

Legal action it is.

Onion
22-05-2020, 05:37 PM

Simultaneously, working on her legal case against the very clubs she's having "conversations" with. Only Hearts could find themselves in such a position :rolleyes:.

Waxy
22-05-2020, 05:38 PM

Shambolic.
Even the smaller clubs wont vote for that.
Lets just muck Scottish football completely because hearts dont want to spend a deserved season in the championship.
She’s annoying on a Mercer level.

Jdawg
22-05-2020, 05:40 PM

Which clubs said no in the premiership the last time? Just phone them and ask if they would vote yes to her proposal. If it’s still no then that saves her phoning the rest of the clubs.

22-05-2020, 05:41 PM

She's going all round the houses, this is about the 6th version (then multiply by 2 when you factor in permanent/temporary). She's obviously not putting forward what she thinks is the best structure and is just firing them out in the forlorn hope one of them catches on. How can anyone have any confidence in any of them?

If I was on a zoom call with the clubs, I'd ask her straight out, if Hearts weren't relegated, to tell the group which actual format does she think is the best one. If she didn't come straight back with a clear answer choosing one and waffled away without picking any I'd think forget it, change is the wrong thing to do.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 05:43 PM
Shambolic.
Lets just muck Scottish football completely because hearts dont want to spend a deserved season in the championship.

I think she’s screwed. No one wants reconstruction (I maybe wrong) as she seems to be the only one spouting about it.

No goer and she will take this weekend to consult the appointed QC as to where they go next.

FWIW looks like the comments of the DAFC chairman have peed a few of them off. Maroon pound not heading to Dunfy apparently!

SouthMoroccoStu
22-05-2020, 05:45 PM
Nae chance

brianmc
22-05-2020, 05:45 PM
Shambolic.

At least mercer knew he was a prick and didn't try to pretend otherwise.

Waxy
22-05-2020, 05:46 PM
Hard to tell if she's buying time or just not very good. Her pal Leslie Deans made the point that no other country had called their leagues and were relegating clubs except for France, whose government was backing the relegated clubs. Buying herself time could work against her as more and more leagues do the same as us. Certainly if they want use the Leslie Dean argument.

England and Belgium are relegating too and why not.
Its a sporting competition.
When all is said and done if you dont take the hit for having a poor season your just pushing that onto another club.
You cant keep restructuring everytime a season cant end.
You’ll just end up with leagues far too big and set a precedent we cant cope with.
Its really unlucky for every team here thats gone down.
Its sport and everyone wishes it could have been finished.

HibbySpurs
22-05-2020, 05:48 PM

Wasn’t 14-14-16 rejected by the premier clubs initially a couple of weeks ago?

Can’t see what she’s possibly done to make it any more appealing? Even a permanent set up with a 6/8 split isn’t palatable for reasons made earlier in this thread and probably even less so to clubs who feel they’ll hover in mid division, finish in the bottom eight and lose two hone Gomes against the OF plus have folk stay away due to your games being effectively dead rubbers if you’re secure in 8,9 or 10?

The potential of a temp arrangement of 14 is probably even less appealing due to the potential of 3/4 clubs getting relegated in a couple of years?

Finally, this is the woman who is on record as saying that Scotland has too many senior clubs and now wants to add another two into the mix?

Really, she should be taken to task for all her contradictory statements she’s nearly as bad as Trump!

Ozyhibby
22-05-2020, 05:48 PM
How does 14-14-16 help Stranraer?

Waxy
22-05-2020, 05:49 PM
At least mercer knew he was a prick and didn't try to pretend otherwise.

True.

Rumble de Thump
22-05-2020, 05:51 PM
When all is said and done if you dont take the hit for having a poor season your just pushing that onto another club.
You’ll just end up with leagues far too big and set a precedent we cant cope with.

It's not unlucky for Hearts. They've earned it fair and square.

blackpoolhibs
22-05-2020, 05:53 PM

Not for me, Mercer tried to kill us, i'd love it if they died as a club and hopefully no Championship and below games will help do this.

Karma can sometimes come right back and bite you on the erse, i'm praying this is that time.:pray:

Crazyhorse
22-05-2020, 06:01 PM
She's going all round the houses, this is about the 6th version (then multiply by 2 when you factor in permanent/temporary). She's obviously not putting forward what she thinks is the best structure and is just firing them out in the forlorn hope one of them catches on. How can anyone have any confidence in any of them?

If I was on a zoom call with the clubs, I'd ask her straight out, if Hearts weren't relegated, to tell the group which actual format does she think is the best one. If she didn't come straight back with a clear answer choosing one and waffled away without picking any I'd think forget it, change is the wrong thing to do.

Don’t worry the dwindling band of maroon shirts in the bunker know she is about to unveil the secret weapon to win the war.

theonlywayisup
22-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Legal action it is.

I've asked the question before, but didn't get any serious replies - if it's legal action, is it to stop them being relegated or is it to gain compensation for being, in their opinion, wrongly relegated.

Anyone know :dunno:

I'm assuming that it's the latter.

Jdawg
22-05-2020, 06:04 PM
I've asked the question before, but didn't get any serious replies - if it's legal action, is it to stop them being relegated or is it to gain compensation for being, in their opinion, wrongly relegated.

I don’t think hearts know either. They are relegated so assume it’s compensation only.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Not for me, Mercer tried to kill us, i'd love it if they died as a club and hopefully no Championship and below games will help do this.

Karma can sometimes come right back and bite you on the erse, i'm praying this is that time.:pray:

I’m with you on this one BH.

**** them. **** the all.

I want Admin2 and maybe even liquidation

Aldo
22-05-2020, 06:07 PM

I think it’s compensation and for a sum grabbed out the sky £3 million.

Then again who knows

22-05-2020, 06:07 PM

Agree.

Maybe she's delaying in the hope a Premiership club goes bust.

I think increasing league sizes is a bad idea when you don't know if you'll get all the games played. Keep them small as we might only manage 22 games. Build into the rules that the SPFL board can reduce the number of games if it becomes clear we won't be able complete the season (i.e. if games need to be stopped for a short while) and say if we could only fit in 27, then the split could be brought forward.

Waxy
22-05-2020, 06:11 PM
It's not unlucky for Hearts. They've earned it fair and square.

They have earned it.
Every team ever relegated has had to go down.
They must too when it’s their turn.

Crazyhorse
22-05-2020, 06:12 PM
I think it’s compensation and for a sum grabbed out the sky £3 million.

Then again who knows

Just to clarify I think Budge pulled it out of her ass.

Onion
22-05-2020, 06:15 PM

Got to be the latter. Only way Hearts can remain in the Prem - if reconstruction is rejected - would be at the expense of Dundee United or any other club that wants to volunteer to go down a division. Doubt the courts could force the SPFL to expand the top league :greengrin

It is truly the most pathetic, pig-squealing, cringe-worthy attempt by any club to save their own skins. Even The Rangers had more dignity when they were forced to start in the 4th tier.

Jim44
22-05-2020, 06:18 PM
Agree.

Maybe she's delaying in the hope a Premiership club goes bust.

I think increasing league sizes is a bad idea when you don't know if you'll get all the games played. Keep them small as we might only manage 22 games. Build into the rules that the SPFL board can reduce the number of games if it becomes clear we won't be able complete the season (i.e. if games need to be stopped for a short while) and say if we could only fit in 27, then the split could be brought forward.

Even if a Premiership club goes bust, who’s to say that Hearts would bounce back? In fact I would go as far as saying that they should be bottom of the queue to benefit from reconstruction. Does the stupid old woman not realise that they are not earmarked for getting back through reconstruction?

Bostonhibby
22-05-2020, 06:20 PM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5624968/hearts-spfl-restructure-extra-time-budge-monday/If it is, sporting integrity should surely see Inverness and Dundee both get straight into the top flight based on their last seasons performance, bottom club basically relegated.

That's one of the known propositions when the season started.

Peevemor
22-05-2020, 06:21 PM
If reconstruction was going to happen, especially 14/14/16, her proposal would already be on the table. She's farting against thunder and she (and everyone else) knows it.

Doncaster has said that they want to publish fixtures soon so hopefully they won't let Chuckie drag things out for too long.

Kojock
22-05-2020, 06:25 PM

I know this has been posted several times but never let Queen Ann forget what she said to her buddy Tom English in 2016.

Budge, who recently joined the Scottish Professional Football League's board, said: "I think 42 senior clubs is too many for Scotland.You're looking at about half that number.

Now she wants to increase it to 44. Every statement she makes contradicts every other statement. She’s lost the plot.

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 06:25 PM
Even if a Premiership club goes bust, who’s to say that Hearts would bounce back? In fact I would go as far as saying that they should be bottom of the queue to benefit from reconstruction. Does the stupid old woman not realise that they are not earmarked for getting back through reconstruction?Is there a ruling for such a thing happening?
Im not quite sure who is meant to be going broke apart from Hearts or Rangers

Peevemor
22-05-2020, 06:28 PM
Is there a ruling for such a thing happening?
Im not quite sure who is meant to be going broke apart from Hearts or Rangers

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using TapatalkUs apparently.

I read it on brokeback.

bingo70
22-05-2020, 06:28 PM
I still don’t understand why it’s taking her so long to come up with a proposal. It’s a mornings work to come up with the idea.

Working on the assumption on day one of the proposal she phoned the clubs and asked them what their fears and thoughts were, she’s then had I don’t know how long to come up with a plan. There’s only a limited number of options available, I’d say it’s now at the disrespectful stage the time it’s taken her to come up with a proper proposal.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 06:29 PM

Whilst I’m not ITK you maybe onto something.

22-05-2020, 06:30 PM
Even if a Premiership club goes bust, who’s to say that Hearts would bounce back? In fact I would go as far as saying that they should be bottom of the queue to benefit from reconstruction. Does the stupid old woman not realise that they are not earmarked for getting back through reconstruction?

I agree but they probably see it differently.

Aldo
22-05-2020, 06:33 PM
I know this has been posted several times but never let Queen Ann forget what she said to her buddy Tom English in 2016.

Budge, who recently joined the Scottish Professional Football League's board, said: "I think 42 senior clubs is too many for Scotland.You're looking at about half that number.

Now she wants to increase it to 44. Every statement she makes contradicts every other statement. She’s lost the plot.

Cmon Kojack. She cannot remember what she said yesterday let alone 2016. [emoji23]

She’s full of contradiction and will be in total denial this was ever said!

Glory Lurker
22-05-2020, 06:35 PM

If hearts were in the same division, and if the season was still live, then obviously they'd shuffle up a spot. The league's been called though. They aren't in the same division. Can't see what gives them an automatic de-expulsion if a team in our division goes bust.

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 06:36 PM
If hearts were in the same division, and if the season was still live, then obviously they'd shuffle up a spot. The league's been called though. They aren't in the same division. Can't see what gives them an automatic de-expulsion if a team in our division goes bust.Maybe it goes to a vote [emoji16][emoji16]

Glory Lurker
22-05-2020, 06:43 PM
Maybe it goes to a vote [emoji16][emoji16]

Maybe. Despite my post I shouldn't pretend I know anything about spfl rules! As a total layman though I can't see why they would get the RIP team's vote in preference to, say, Morton.

I've a terrible feeling someone will point me to what happened when Rangers died! :-)

Hibeesmad
22-05-2020, 06:44 PM
I still don’t understand why it’s taking her so long to come up with a proposal. It’s a mornings work to come up with the idea.

Working on the assumption on day one of the proposal she phoned the clubs and asked them what their fears and thoughts were, she’s then had I don’t know how long to come up with a plan. There’s only a limited number of options available, I’d say it’s now at the disrespectful stage the time it’s taken her to come up with a proper proposal.

I don't think anyone actually believes a word which comes out of her mouth. She pretty much fails in everything she sets out to do, in regards to running a football club anyway.

southern hibby
22-05-2020, 06:46 PM
Not into Law at all but the bit that I can’t work out is why she thinks it will go anywhere when a judge looking at it will see 2 things that I believe Hearts ( Anne ) have done wrong.

First off :- Anne said she would except Hearts relegation and not take it any further if the league was voted to be finished, which it was.

Second Part :- Anne and Hearts must have voted for the league to end as ( from what I’m reading ) it was a unanimous vote to end the season.

Now this makes me think a Judge will see this then grill her to why it should go further. Whether it does go anywhere or not I don’t know but there’s questions she would seriously need to answer if I was part of the defence.

Joe6-2
22-05-2020, 06:48 PM

She is ‘helping Scottish football through the challenges of the pandemic‘
Isn’t that kind of her? Lying auld coo!

Irish_Steve
22-05-2020, 06:48 PM
I`m sure others can do way better than me!

And that outfit is just bogging

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2020, 06:50 PM
Not into Law at all but the bit that I can’t work out is why she thinks it will go anywhere when a judge looking at it will see 2 things that I believe Hearts ( Anne ) have done wrong.

First off :- Anne said she would except Hearts relegation and not take it any further if the league was voted to be finished, which it was.

Second Part :- Anne and Hearts must have voted for the league to end as ( from what I’m reading ) it was a unanimous vote to end the season.

Now this makes me think a Judge will see this then grill her to why it should go further. Whether it does go anywhere or not I don’t know but there’s questions she would seriously need to answer if I was part of the defence.

The decision to end the season was the Board's. She's not on the Board.

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 06:55 PM

Were all clubs not stated as being in agreement? I can't remember what happened when 😂

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Were all clubs not stated as being in agreement? I can't remember what happened when [emoji23]Yes clubs were unanimous on season ending . Spfl board then met and carried out their wishes

Not In The Know
22-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Budge can look after those employees if she chooses to. It’s all a question of priorities.

Exactly! The decision is hers, pay crocks like Naismith 6 grand a week (way more than any other non old firm club pays) or sack we Duncan from the club shop.

Heisenberg
22-05-2020, 07:29 PM
French clubs that were hoping to take legal action about their league ending early have had their claims turned down.

https://bit.ly/3ebqM2Q

Chip shop Joe
22-05-2020, 07:33 PM
That top is pretty grim but it is the children I feel sorry for.

How is anyone going to know that they need saving what with the lack of tv coverage and fans in the Championship!!!

Peevemor
22-05-2020, 07:34 PM
French clubs that were hoping to take legal action about their league ending early have had their claims turned down.

https://bit.ly/3ebqM2QBack of the net!

Juniper Greens
22-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Surely if a club now goes bust, the precedent would be to promote ICT, much like when Dundee came up following Rangers going bust. Dare I suggest they would have a good legal shout if Hearts were saved in lieu of them going up

Alfred E Newman
22-05-2020, 07:38 PM

What a horrible thought.

22-05-2020, 07:44 PM
She is ‘helping Scottish football through the challenges of the pandemic‘
Isn’t that kind of her? Lying auld coo!

Here is my proposal to help Scottish football through the challenges of the pandemic and if you dont vote for it I'm going to try and f*** everything up for everyone.

Hypocrisy doesn't even begin to describe it.

southern hibby
22-05-2020, 07:48 PM

I understand that but she voted on it with the rest of the clubs so is that not a case of admitting to excepting the consequencies?

GGTTH

jacomo
22-05-2020, 07:55 PM
Can you imagine if the blue and maroon Huns ran Scottish football.

Dodgy dossiers and delayed proposals would sink us within days, then they would blame everyone else.

Rank amateurs. No way anyone should listen to Budge’s plans - they have given her time, a task force, endless deadline extensions... and she still can’t deliver even a proposal.

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 08:17 PM

Only slight difference is that the French government had said no football before September, not sure the Scottish government have said that or if would indeed make a difference?

Any idea how much this legal procedure cost and who has to pay?

The 90+2
22-05-2020, 08:33 PM

Titanic music anyone?

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 08:38 PM
Last Laff Last Laff

Posted just now
33 minutes ago, The Verminator said:
Amiens are going to be relegated, French Courts threw it out

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11992991/ligue-1-lyon-amiens-and-toulouse-appeals-rejected-by-french-judge

They will appeal for losses though, surely?

Bostonhibby
22-05-2020, 08:48 PM
Last Laff Last Laff

Posted just now

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11992991/ligue-1-lyon-amiens-and-toulouse-appeals-rejected-by-french-judge

Wonder what bearing they think this might have in Scotland.

Judge - Your claim fails at the first hurdle, you have not established any negligence or breach of duty and have no prospect of success.

Duncan Duncan QC representing Heart of midlothian - Aye fair enough, but my clients are asking if they can still have some compensation for their losses.

FilipinoHibs
22-05-2020, 08:50 PM

Agree Karma. Lived through 17 and 22 in a row. The takeover, all the financial cheatung. They are a horrible conceited club full if bigots and homophobes in their
support. Their behaviour in the last few weeks has been appalling. I will not miss them.

greenginger
22-05-2020, 09:04 PM
Is Budge trying some different tactic ?

just saw on Sky Sport news she is proposing a resolution on Monday and looking to get the support of two other clubs.

is this some way of getting a change in the league structure without overcoming the 11-1 vote ?

Waxy
22-05-2020, 09:06 PM

just saw on Sky Sport news she is proposing a resolution on Monday and looking to get the support of two other clubs.

is this some way of getting a change in the league structure without overcoming the 11-1 vote ?She needs two other clubs to back her so it can go to a vote which she'll lose.

The 90+2
22-05-2020, 09:07 PM

is this some way of getting a change in the league structure without overcoming the 11-1 vote ?

She needs support of two other clubs to even try the reconstruction vote.

To change the voting structure completely it needs to be agreed over the 11-1. We voted to change this when the huns went down, it should have simply been all the teams against Celtic. Aberdeen voted against it and hearts didn’t vote. Karma.

Greenworld
22-05-2020, 09:41 PM

is this some way of getting a change in the league structure without overcoming the 11-1 vote ?I suppose you could look at it and say if she is struggling to get someone to back her then she's donald ducked

Tug Wilson
22-05-2020, 10:24 PM
Last Laff Last Laff

Posted just now

They really don't understand what the civil courts are for, do they.

Jdawg
22-05-2020, 10:37 PM
Doesn’t look good

https://bit.ly/2WWM0fb

JimBHibees
22-05-2020, 10:39 PM
So 11 1 vote required not a chance in hell. Shame.

we are hibs
22-05-2020, 10:39 PM
I see its in the daily record theyre heading for financial meltdown unless they remain in the top flight if 2nd tier games cant be played. Apparently more clubs open to reconstruction because they dont want to see them go to.the wall. What a ****ing joke of a club. Trying to emotionally blackmail clubs into voting for reconstruction. I hope clubs stand firm and tell them where to go. Let the ****ers go bust.

JimBHibees
22-05-2020, 10:43 PM
I see its in the daily record theyre heading for financial meltdown unless they remain in the top flight if 2nd tier games cant be played. Apparently more clubs open to reconstruction because they dont want to see them go to.the wall. What a ****ing joke of a club. Trying to emotionally blackmail clubs into voting for reconstruction. I hope clubs stand firm and tell them where to go. Let the ****ers go bust.

Sorry no way should any club fall for that. Let them go into admin and they will no doubt bounce back with the foundation and when benny factor finds his wallet. Afraid total appalling management is the case for where they would be and need to get their own house in order and not emotionally blackmail other clubs.

Joe6-2
22-05-2020, 10:50 PM
Doesn’t look good

https://bit.ly/2WWM0fb

Edinburgh giants!

greenginger
22-05-2020, 10:54 PM
The SPFL should consider directing some of the extra Sky money to the Championship for a season , just to keep it going.p

04Sauzee
22-05-2020, 10:57 PM
Edinburgh giants!

Have a feeling they are going to be saved somehow someway. Horrible club

22-05-2020, 11:01 PM
Sorry no way should any club fall for that. Let them go into admin and they will no doubt bounce back with the foundation and when benny factor finds his wallet. Afraid total appalling management is the case for where they would be and need to get their own house in order and not emotionally blackmail other clubs.

And the moral of the story is...don't go saying there are double the number of clubs there should be when you might need to phone round every one to beg them to save yours.

Spike Mandela
22-05-2020, 11:08 PM
So first they’re going to take the SPFL and all the clubs to court, then we’re all responsible for their financial collapse due to something that hasn’t happened yet..

Can we get another dossier on threats, bullying and blackmail. Surely we’ve got this lot bang to rights.