PDA

View Full Version : Yams The generic Hearts thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Roxyhibee
08-04-2020, 07:52 PM
Almost every club has played 30 games. Hundreds of goals have been scored (and lost). Hundreds of thousands of people have paid a phenomenal amount of money (I’m not even going to ball park that) to watch it all happen. No one is going to put a null and void pen through all that. There is no alternative in these extraordinarily dangerous and tragic times but to finish the lot as it stands.

Jim44
08-04-2020, 07:53 PM
I think it deserves a more eye-catching feature :

Copied in case they delete it.

We beat St Mirren 2-0 tomorrow night and go above them on goal difference.

On Thurs morning, the SPFL/SFA decide to end the season prematurely due to COVID-19. To ensure that Dundee Utd don’t hit the wall, the decision is taken to cancel the play offs, but relegate one and promote one. As a result, St Mirren are relegated on goal difference on technically the last day of the season. They then spend the rest of their eternity thinking about how this could have been avoided if they hadn’t let Celtic pump them last weekend.

That my friends is ****ing karma!!!

Bostonhibby
08-04-2020, 07:54 PM
It's interesting to see a few of them saying on JKB that they'll be cancelling their FOH donations - out of disgust with the league you understand, no other reason.Our family yam cancelled his almost as soon as it was set up because "Budge has saved us now".

I know it was because he's a tight *******.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

stoneyburn hibs
08-04-2020, 07:56 PM

On Thurs morning, the SPFL/SFA decide to end the season prematurely due to COVID-19. To ensure that Dundee Utd don’t hit the wall, the decision is taken to cancel the play offs, but relegate one and promote one. As a result, St Mirren are relegated on goal difference on technically the last day of the season. They then spend the rest of their eternity thinking about how this could have been avoided if they hadn’t let Celtic pump them last weekend.

Thanks, loving this !
It would bring a tear to a glass curtain.

Del Boy
08-04-2020, 07:58 PM
Ayr are voting yes

Col2
08-04-2020, 08:02 PM
Tin hat on.

The prize money at stake for finishing 7th, which Is the likely outcome, is not a lot of money in real terms, especially if we get a good early response for season tickets.

This may surprise a few folk of here but I think Hibs will not approve a vote that would get Hearts relegated in the current circumstances. I would laugh out loud if they were sent down, but would have the feeling that it was not right.

To finish the season on current league positions may be the best option, out of all the options available. However ,there must be another, fairer alternative.

For the 4001 time Hibs would not be voting to relegate Hearts. They have two choices. Vote for null and void and risk like others the threat of legal claim from sponsors, advertisers, even season ticket holders who would/might want a full refund for a season that didn’t happen.Therefore they have no option other than to vote to call it. There was no 3rd, 4th, 5th option.

Hibs a professional well run business who will vote on key issues like the one we are all facing in the right way, non emotive and to protect the interests of our club and wider Scottish footballl.

mjhibby
08-04-2020, 08:06 PM
I see Hearts are starting with the "will never visit that ground again and starve them of cash" chat.

If that threat didn't work with Rangers, who have a support about 5 times as big as hearts , it's certainly not going to work for wee Hearts.

This is going to very tough on Hearts and their supporters. Can genuinely see financial trouble ahead for them.

Will they continue to overspend. Of course they will. They are lucky that the championship is the weakest it's been for years. They should come straight back up.

04Sauzee
08-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Statement o'clock

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-1-2-3

Eyrie
08-04-2020, 08:08 PM

You couldn't make that up.

They think it's acceptable to relegate another team on goal difference, yet demand legal action when they have created a clear four point gap for themselves.

mjhibby
08-04-2020, 08:08 PM
It's interesting to see a few of them saying on JKB that they'll be cancelling their FOH donations - out of disgust with the league you understand, no other reason.

Are they really saying that. Can't bring myself to look at kickback as I've read too much looney stuff on the virus and can't be bothered reading more insane postings.

Hibby70
08-04-2020, 08:11 PM
Statement o'clock

Dear Hearts fans, it's your Anne here. We are busy trying anything to try and wriggle out of relegation.
Please help us Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope.

GRA
08-04-2020, 08:12 PM
From the Guardian. Lovely stuff;

"The Scottish Professional Football League aims to crown Celtic as champions and relegate Heart of Midlothian after 23 April, the earliest date Uefa is willing to accept for the abandonment of top divisions.A meeting between the league’s board and clubs on Wednesday resulted in the recommendation of a resolution for a vote in each of the four divisions on whether to end their season as it stands, with places allocated on an average points-per-game basis.

Nine of the 12 Premiership clubs would need to vote in favour, and the SPFL, having canvassed opinion, is understood to be fully confident of it passing. Votes will be collated before the start of next week.

A subsequent delay in abandoning the top-flight campaign would then be expected in order to follow Uefa guidance. The European game’s governing body has warned of possible restrictions (https://viewer.gutools.co.uk/football/2020/apr/03/clubs-risk-champions-league-exclusion-if-seasons-abandoned-prematurely-uefa) to Champions League and Europa League entry if member associations abandon seasons prematurely. The SPFL does not regard that as a serious risk but is anxious not to antagonise Uefa.

The Hearts owner, Ann Budge, has spoken of legal action should the league demote her club, who are four points adrift with eight games to play. Rangers have publicly spoken out against any early finish to the campaign and did so again on Wednesday afternoon.

“It is abhorrent that certain clubs could be unfairly relegated if the current SPFL proposals were implemented,” read an Ibrox statement, which added: “The consequences of forcing through change without due care and attention will have severe consequences for the Scottish game.”
Rangers insist “the 2019-20 season is only complete when all 38 games have been played to a finish”.

Under the average-points plan, only Hibernian and St Johnstone – currently sixth and seventh respectively – would change places.
Dundee United will be promoted to Scotland’s top division if Championship clubs pass their element of the resolution. That element may hold the key to the SPFL’s plans, with several clubs considering their options. It also irked Championship boards that the league issued a statement as their occasionally feisty round of talks were ongoing.

The bottom two divisions are expected to back an immediate end to their seasons, with 15 from 20 needing to agree in a combined vote. Brechin City, otherwise consigned to a play-off to save their spot in League Two, would be saved.

One glimmer of hope for Hearts - and Partick Thistle, who would be relegated from the Championship - came in an SPFL statement. “If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with clubs over the possibility of league restructuring ahead of season 2020-21,” it read. That prospect, primarily of a 14-team Premiership as mooted by Budge on Wednesday, is currently viewed by insiders as remote.
Numerous clubs across Scotland have been keen for the season to be defined so as to release prize money, issued on the basis of placings.
Neil Doncaster, the league’s chief executive, said: “We are keen to work with Uefa and remain in discussion with them over the situation in Scotland. The quicker we reach a final position the better.”

Clubs were informed of a necessity to start the 2020-21 Premiership season on the first Saturday in August, as part of Sky Sports’ new and exclusive live television deal. That campaign has therefore been granted priority, even though there is no guarantee of football in early August.
The Scottish FA hopes to complete the 2019-20 Scottish Cup, currently at the semi-final phase, possibly as the opening games of “next” season.

Aberdeen, fourth in the Premiership, would have a possible route to the Europa League only via the cup but it is understood they could instead be put forward by the Scottish FA on the basis of league position"

Bet Ewan Murray had tears flowing into his keyboard as he was typing that 🤣 Jambo welt.

bringbackbenny
08-04-2020, 08:12 PM
Statement o'clock

Boo hoo, in essence it's not fair, I don't like the rules I signed up to. So 'we' need to change all together.

Simples, don't pi'** millions up with crappy glass curtains, run your club properly, don't be the worst team in the league and instead go back to your wonderful anon dodgy benefactors and ask them to open their purses.

Ozyhibby
08-04-2020, 08:13 PM
Statement o'clock

The threat of legal action has been quietly dropped. She knows they are toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
08-04-2020, 08:16 PM
Statement o'clock

🎶 We’re sick of your stories we’re tired of your songs, get back in the gutter that’s where you belong 🎶

Kato
08-04-2020, 08:17 PM
You mean this ?

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/187977-imagine-this-scenario/Yes, cheers. For those who dont click onto sickbag it looks like this, and is followed by those weird replies with pictures of obscure people looking pompous and self satisfied. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200408/146a9b220f33a12c039a00e0a0a387d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

mjhibby
08-04-2020, 08:18 PM
Hearts boycotting away grounds if they're ever promoted. So that'll be one man visiting instead of one man and his dog then?

The same nonsense sevco came out with. Their away form has been so dire I'm amazed they get any going to their away games. Unless they face the reality that they would probably be relegated anyway if the season finished they could be in big trouble. There is clearly a massive split in the squad over pay cuts/deferrals and not many of the squad will have relegation clauses in their contracts. Stendel maybe hinted at what's going to happen when he mentioned having a squad of a few older hands and more youngsters in the team. That would be financial reality kicking in rather than youngsters who can play his famous pressing game. I wonder if they will ever admit that stendel has been a shocking appointment. I doubt it and they will reel out every excuse possible and won't mention how they blew £10m of the foh payments and the millions from Mr Benny factor.

steviehibsleith
08-04-2020, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=04Sauzee;6137745]Statement o'clock

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-1-2-3[/.

interesting she was earlier threatening legal action but never mentions it int the above statement.
Also the quote from her statement below seems to accept its a crisis and you have to accept things - in her case to suit Hearts.

If the Government can change the Laws of the Land, within 24 hours, to cope with this crisis, then surely it cannot be impossible for Scottish Football’s Governing bodies to modify rules to get things done.

Kojock
Statement o'clock

Statement in full.

Following the SPFL briefings held today, and having now had the opportunity (post meeting) to read the written resolution being proposed, I can confirm that Heart of Midlothian will not be voting in favour of the proposal as it stands.
Over the past 24 hours, in advance of today’s meetings, a number of Clubs have been discussing possible options and sharing ideas. Many of those Clubs believe, as we do, that a decision of such magnitude requires significantly more discussion and debate than has been made available to us.

I absolutely understand that finding an equitable outcome for all will not be easy. However, I firmly believe that we must try to find a solution which ensures that no Club should be penalised as a consequence of these exceptional circumstances.

It was emphasised today that some clubs, particularly those in the lower Leagues, need funds to be released to help them navigate their way through this exceptional situation. I do not accept however, that this resolution needs to be passed in order to release those funds. If the Government can change the Laws of the Land, within 24 hours, to cope with this crisis, then surely it cannot be impossible for Scottish Football’s Governing bodies to modify rules to get things done. This is a time for pragmatism, not rules. There are other ways of addressing the current financial challenges and as such we will be supporting the Members Resolution being put forward by Rangers.

I wrote to the SPFL on the 15th March, asking that all 42 clubs be given the opportunity and time to discuss this situation fully. That has not happened and we now find ourselves once again in apparent disarray. For the avoidance of doubt, I am not pointing fingers at the SPFL Executive, nor indeed at the Board, as I know how much effort has gone into trying to find a way through this totally unprecedented situation. However, an issue of this scale was always going to demand full involvement of the member Clubs.

I also asked that we try to see this as an opportunity to look at whether a league restructure, so often talked about, could help us through this difficult time. I was disappointed to read in the papers issued today that it will be considered, but it was also stated that “…it is very difficult to achieve consensus behind any restructuring proposal, let alone quickly”. This is an emergency situation, and Clubs acknowledge and many accept that it needs actions befitting an emergency situation. Decisions taken to see us through this emergency do not have to be cast in stone. We need to look at the restructuring option with belief that it will help and not with negativity.

This is a time for all Clubs and SPFL partners to pull together to find an equitable solution for all. If something is right, it is right: if it is wrong, it is wrong. We will continue to lobby for doing the right thing, both for Clubs and for Scottish Football.

Hibees1973
Like what?

Don’t mean that in an arsey way, there just isn’t a fairer way I don’t think.

You are right and fairer is probably the wrong word. Going on press articles it’s obvious Hearts will vote against it and by their posturing, Rangers also. So, if one other club votes against it the SPFL would have to explore other options.

I don’t know what the solution is, but this scenario is possible. Stalemate.

Ozyhibby
08-04-2020, 08:22 PM

interesting she was earlier threatening legal action but never mentions it int the above statement.
Also the quote from her statement below seems to accept its a crisis and you have to accept things - in her case to suit Hearts.

If the Government can change the Laws of the Land, within 24 hours, to cope with this crisis, then surely it cannot be impossible for Scottish Football’s Governing bodies to modify rules to get things done.

She wants rules changed to save Hearts. She obviously realised the rules just now mean they are down.

Deansy
08-04-2020, 08:22 PM
The threat of legal action has been quietly dropped. She knows they are toast.

Nah - it's because she knows that 'Legal-aid' wouldn't be given !

Green Reaper
08-04-2020, 08:23 PM
Yes, cheers. For those who dont click onto sickbag it looks like this, and is followed by those weird replies with pictures of obscure people looking pompous and self satisfied. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200408/146a9b220f33a12c039a00e0a0a387d4.jpg

Thanks Kato, will save this to be shared at the appropriate time 😁

Paul1642
08-04-2020, 08:24 PM
You are right and fairer is probably the wrong word. Going on press articles it’s obvious Hearts will vote against it and by their posturing, Rangers also. So, if one other club votes against it the SPFL would have to explore other options.

I don’t know what the solution is, but this scenario is possible. Stalemate.

Only 9 of the 12 required

we are hibs
08-04-2020, 08:25 PM
That statement is absolutely pathetic - even by her standards. Deluded.

Rumble de Thump
08-04-2020, 08:28 PM
I would think Sevco would only vote against it if they are confident Hearts is the only other club that will vote against it. Sevco won't be winning the league whatever happens and they need money ASAP. Calling the league as it stands now allows Sevco to pretend Celtic's title doesn't count and they get the money they desperately need sooner. But by voting against it when they know it will be voted through anyway allows them to publicly posture and pander to their weird fanbase.

Paul1642
08-04-2020, 08:28 PM
Going by the league only Aberdeen really have much to gain from continuing (excluding rangers and hearts). Most other teams have either more to lose than gain or not much chance in improving. Celtic, Motherwell, Livingston, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross County and St Mirren would all be delighted to finish now and I don’t see us or Killi having enough to gain to make it worth continuing (Killi in theory could still get sucked into relegation battle with a few defeats). Similar theory applies through most of the lower divisions.

Del Boy
08-04-2020, 08:30 PM
Only 9 of the 12 required

It’s the championship and below that might be the problem. Raith chairman says he doesn’t think it will go through.

Kheridine from BBC also tweeted that he doesn’t think it will pass.

Time will tell.

grunt
08-04-2020, 08:31 PM
If something is right, it is right: if it is wrong, it is wrong.She is BRILLIANT.

James Stephen
08-04-2020, 08:31 PM

I think she will find that it is the Scottish Parliament, not the Scottish Government that changed laws.

And it happened because all of the members of said parliament voted, democratically, to do that.

mjhibby
08-04-2020, 08:33 PM
Think back to the night before the fateful trip to Paisley.

There was a thread on JKB speculating that a win would put saints bottom and hearts would be saved due to a COVID 19 lockdown and relegate the hated buddies who cheated them in 1986.

Now the Hearts team let them down and the boot is on the other foot.:cb

They had the chance to save themselves and put on an abysmal display. After that game many Hertz fans admitted they deserved to be relegated. This false outrage they are now slavering is utterly pathetic and a mere diversion to hide how shocking they have been. Four wins in 30 games is relegation form at any time. Same goes for sevco moaning about Celtic winning the league. They were two points behind with a game in hand in January and are currently 13 behind with a game in hand. They know the league was gone and are using the same pathetic diversionary tactic. Utter joke.

Col L
08-04-2020, 08:34 PM
She is BRILLIANT.

Chemical Annie

Peevemor
08-04-2020, 08:37 PM
Statement o'clock

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-1-2-3Shut up! Yer tea's oot hen!

Real Emerald
08-04-2020, 08:38 PM
Chemical Annie

👏👏

Just Alf
08-04-2020, 08:44 PM
]
It explicitly says they cannot do anything which is deemed as providing a service to the employer. It’s directed at encouraging people to volunteer for other organisations.Just to be clear, you can 100% volunteer for your employer, the not adding value/revenue and providing a service specifically relate to your employer's customers,

When we asked for clarification it was pointed out that if the above wasn't the case then someone could volunteer to help other 'parties' but would be barred from helping their own employer survive all this upheaval.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
08-04-2020, 08:45 PM
If Hearts were 11th and Hamilton, or any other club for that matter, they`d be voting to call the league as it stands 100%.

That faux interest into exploring League reconstruction is complete and utter hogwash, as the only thing on her mind right now, and every hearts fan in the country is self preservation. You`d offer them more respect if they put the nonsensical statements to one side and just cast their vote quietly in whatever manner they feel is best for their club.

Kato
08-04-2020, 08:46 PM
Thanks Kato, will save this to be shared at the appropriate time [emoji16]It's your duty to do so.[emoji41]

08-04-2020, 08:47 PM

Yet again with the no club should be penalised line whilst overlooking the fact that the likes of Dundee and Ayr Utd have at least as good a claim to be in the top league as Hearts do. Not giving them the opportunity to play off for a place in the top league is penalising them as much as, if not more than, relegation is to Hearts who'd have their work cut out to each reach the play off spot.

matty_f
08-04-2020, 08:51 PM
Ahahahahahahahahahaha that statement!!!

Relegate Hearts.

Gloucester Hibs
08-04-2020, 08:55 PM
You mean this ?

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/187977-imagine-this-scenario/

Beautiful.

Perhaps one of our undercover hibbys could bump the thread with a “well, this hasn’t aged well” type reply?

Crazyhorse
08-04-2020, 08:55 PM
Anybody ever seen this mystic Maroon Pound?

:dunno:

I would think it will have as much impact as Immanuel K’s possible Thalers on the financial health of every other club.

The Baldmans Comb
08-04-2020, 08:58 PM
That is one desperate statement.

"Save us, Save us, Save us and I dinnae ken how but just Save us".😂

Heisenberg
08-04-2020, 09:00 PM
Can’t see what other top division clubs will vote against it outside the two Huns. Issues could arise from the lower leagues not getting 75%.

Deansy
08-04-2020, 09:04 PM
Statement in full.

Following the SPFL briefings held today, and having now had the opportunity (post meeting) to read the written resolution being proposed, I can confirm that Heart of Midlothian will not be voting in favour of the proposal as it stands.
Over the past 24 hours, in advance of today’s meetings, a number of Clubs have been discussing possible options and sharing ideas. Many of those Clubs believe, as we do, that a decision of such magnitude requires significantly more discussion and debate than has been made available to us.

I absolutely understand that finding an equitable outcome for all will not be easy. However, I firmly believe that we must try to find a solution which ensures that no Club should be penalised as a consequence of these exceptional circumstances.

It was emphasised today that some clubs, particularly those in the lower Leagues, need funds to be released to help them navigate their way through this exceptional situation. I do not accept however, that this resolution needs to be passed in order to release those funds. If the Government can change the Laws of the Land, within 24 hours, to cope with this crisis, then surely it cannot be impossible for Scottish Football’s Governing bodies to modify rules to get things done. This is a time for pragmatism, not rules. There are other ways of addressing the current financial challenges and as such we will be supporting the Members Resolution being put forward by Rangers.

I wrote to the SPFL on the 15th March, asking that all 42 clubs be given the opportunity and time to discuss this situation fully. That has not happened and we now find ourselves once again in apparent disarray. For the avoidance of doubt, I am not pointing fingers at the SPFL Executive, nor indeed at the Board, as I know how much effort has gone into trying to find a way through this totally unprecedented situation. However, an issue of this scale was always going to demand full involvement of the member Clubs.

I also asked that we try to see this as an opportunity to look at whether a league restructure, so often talked about, could help us through this difficult time. I was disappointed to read in the papers issued today that it will be considered, but it was also stated that “…it is very difficult to achieve consensus behind any restructuring proposal, let alone quickly”. This is an emergency situation, and Clubs acknowledge and many accept that it needs actions befitting an emergency situation. Decisions taken to see us through this emergency do not have to be cast in stone. We need to look at the restructuring option with belief that it will help and not with negativity.

This is a time for all Clubs and SPFL partners to pull together to find an equitable solution for all. If something is right, it is right: if it is wrong, it is wrong. We will continue to lobby for doing the right thing, both for Clubs and for Scottish Football.

Hmm, nope - sorry Annie - there's been zero/zilch talk of it this season - the first time it got a mention in the Scottish MSM (strangely enough by your good self !) was Saturday the 14th of March, ironically the day after Friday the 13th of March when the SPFL announced the close-down !. You must remember that day, Annie - it was the day when the roof of your 'world-class new stand' was lifted off it's walls when the brown-stuff hit the fan and all inside realised that Hearts gamble on over-spending - again - had failed as everyone inside it filled their trousers - again !. Fair credit though, Annie, your team may be ***** but your manipulation of the Scottish footballing media has been Hun-esque !

hibbyfraelibby
08-04-2020, 09:16 PM
Statement o'clock

No sabre rattling? An air of desponency? What gives Mrs Doctor?

The League has discussed this endlessly behind closed doors. How much more hot air is there to waste.

The inevitable is almost upon you. You do not have the support of the member clubs bar a few, similarly rattled, beligerents. Accept your fate.

GreenCastle
08-04-2020, 09:17 PM
Statement o'clock

Amateur statement by an amateur club.

This is brilliant - they are squirming by the day.

We need a countdown clock till it’s announced they are officially down!

“If something is right, it is right: if it is wrong, it is wrong.” Genius

tamig
08-04-2020, 09:19 PM
Comedy gold.

Wonder how that erse Cruyff is feeling about his blaise comments now. What a dick.

Andy74
08-04-2020, 09:20 PM
Statement in full.

Hearts wouldn’t be relegated because of Covid. It would be because they’ve been clearly the worst team in the league for about 12 months.

Waxy
08-04-2020, 09:20 PM
Stupid women. You save hearts from the liquidator. Now take a bit justice.

Ozyhibby
08-04-2020, 09:23 PM
It’s the championship and below that might be the problem. Raith chairman says he doesn’t think it will go through.

Kheridine from BBC also tweeted that he doesn’t think it will pass.

Time will tell.

Looks like the key is ICT, Dundee and Ayr. If they vote for it Hearts are down. They are losing out on play off spots but what is the alternative that helps them?
Partick will vote against, they need two more from that league to help them.

cocteautwin
08-04-2020, 09:24 PM
Might I propose Jonathan Obika to be only the second non-Hibs player to enter the Hibees hall of fame:

https://youtu.be/Eugk7Nl_8XE

hibbyfraelibby
08-04-2020, 09:24 PM
Can’t see what other top division clubs will vote against it outside the two Huns. Issues could arise from the lower leagues not getting 75%.

Lower leagues will go for this in sufficient numbers. Can only think of 3 teams who might really be disadvantaged and others who'll be relieved including Brechin who were facing potential Highland League status.

Col2
08-04-2020, 09:26 PM
So she doesn’t want to rush into a decision and wants more debate but she is happy to rush through a league restructure.

It’s embarrassing, it’s desperate.

Heisenberg
08-04-2020, 09:26 PM
Lower leagues will go for this in sufficient numbers. Can only think of 3 teams who might really be disadvantaged and others who'll be relieved including Brechin who were facing potential Highland League status.

Good few teams stand to miss out on a chance at promotion though. Not sure ICT/Dundee/Ayr or Falkirk in League One will go for it.

Del Boy
08-04-2020, 09:28 PM
Looks like the key is ICT, Dundee and Ayr. If they vote for it Hearts are down. They are losing out on play off spots but what is the alternative that helps them?

Ayr have said they’ll vote for it

Dundee you would assume will vote against it to try and keep united down (though I think they’ll go up regardless of this particular vote)

So ICT could be the casting vote. They’ll be peeved at no play off opportunity but are skint and desperate for money.

DH1875
08-04-2020, 09:28 PM

Aberdeen look like going their against it. If they are then your only looking at one more team.

tamig
08-04-2020, 09:30 PM
Dear Hearts fans, it's your Anne here. We are busy trying anything to try and wriggle out of relegation.
Please help us Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope.

Exactly. All about self preservation. Not a jot of justification from her as to why what she’s after is for the greater good. Her writing style is truly awful.

PatHead
08-04-2020, 09:30 PM
Clubs dont get extra for live games and Hibs hospitality is sold out every game these days. Them going down has little financial impact on us.

We will lose a category A game. Two games would have some impact but not much.

jacomo
08-04-2020, 09:31 PM
Statement o'clock

For the avoidance of doubt, the diet Hun tag has never been more appropriate. Queen Ann might as well wrap herself in the flag and start shouting ‘we are the (little) people’ now.

That statement is a disgrace. Any right-thinking jambo will be ashamed and embarrassed tonight.

Del Boy
08-04-2020, 09:35 PM
Sounds like hibs are going to vote against it!

Couldn’t make this up

SMAXXA
08-04-2020, 09:35 PM

Couldn’t make this up

Where you see that

SMAXXA
08-04-2020, 09:36 PM
Daft question alert but assume nothing was said about the Scottish
Cup semis just void the competition if league is ended?

ScottB
08-04-2020, 09:37 PM
What fantasy solution does she have in mind that doesn’t disadvantage any club? Has she attempted to describe it?

Completing the season at any point in the foreseeable future is impossible and would delay the final round of payments, which would disadvantage clubs.

Voiding the season could lead to refund demands from sponsors and broadcasters, which would disadvantage clubs.

League reconstruction would likely mean reduced income for many clubs, could invalidate tv deals etc.

Finishing the season as it stands also disadvantages clubs, but only those who had realistic chances of improving their position, but all clubs will get their payouts.

So all told, finishing now probably disadvantages the fewest clubs? But hey, if Anne has her own bright idea that sorts it for everyone, Now’s the time to speak!

HoboHarry
08-04-2020, 09:37 PM

Couldn’t make this up

You posting that means nothing if you're not telling us where the info is coming from.....

04Sauzee
08-04-2020, 09:38 PM
Where you see that

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leeann-dempster-hibs-are-happy-wait-calling-league-we-must-all-stay-calm-2533749

04Sauzee
08-04-2020, 09:39 PM
You posting that means nothing if you're not telling us where the info is coming from.....

He's getting it here

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leeann-dempster-hibs-are-happy-wait-calling-league-we-must-all-stay-calm-2533749

Heisenberg
08-04-2020, 09:43 PM
That’ll be a no from us then. One more in the top division and it’s not happening.

DH1875
08-04-2020, 09:44 PM
That’ll be a no from us then. One more in the top division and it’s not happening.

Aberdeen are supposed to be going no as well so guessing that will be that then.

Del Boy
08-04-2020, 09:44 PM
Sorry yeah, evening news. Meant to post link

Waxy
08-04-2020, 09:45 PM
Either call it now and hearts are down or wait and play all the games.
Thats the ONLY fair options.
Calling for reconstruction when they were certainties to go down is shocking.

Ozyhibby
08-04-2020, 09:49 PM
She is ruling out null and void and is not in favour of reconstruction? What does that leave?

Heisenberg
08-04-2020, 09:50 PM
She is ruling out null and void and is not in favour of reconstruction? What does that leave?

Wait and play the games in August or later.

Ozyhibby
08-04-2020, 09:51 PM

Are premiership clubs voting this week? Thought it was just the others?

hibbyfraelibby
08-04-2020, 09:52 PM
Ayr have said they’ll vote for it

Dundee you would assume will vote against it to try and keep united down (though I think they’ll go up regardless of this particular vote)

So ICT could be the casting vote. They’ll be peeved at no play off opportunity but are skint and desperate for money.

ICT need the guaranteed cash and will vote for this. Dundee are not in good financial place either.

Heisenberg
08-04-2020, 09:55 PM
Are premiership clubs voting this week? Thought it was just the others?

Yeah all clubs voting this week. I’m assuming they just wanted the premiership clubs verdict so they could take it to UEFA at the end of the month.

RoYO!
08-04-2020, 09:55 PM

Sounds pretty in favour of league reconstruction to me..

“These will be really testing times but really interesting times because I think it is going to change everything. Actually, probably, in some small way, everything in football had to change anyway.”

She talks of creative thinking earlier on.

Not liking that statement one bit.

Expanding the league lowers the value of the ST I bought considerably. Fewer Cat A games and potentially fewer games period- if we are still playing this season in September. Hearts also should not be allowed another window to try to spend out of this. On top of all that the fact that hearts 100% truly and utterly deserve to be relegated. Not happy with that statement at all.

Tug Wilson
08-04-2020, 09:58 PM
Just saw the Stranraer chairman on the TV saying that you would not award the gold medal to Usain Bolt after 75m of the 100m final.

Crap analogy.

A league is not one single event.

It is a series of events.

A better comparison would be the Diamond League. If 75% of the races had been run and Bolt only lost 2 of them then I suspect there would be a good argument to call it under the current circumstances.

we are hibs
08-04-2020, 10:00 PM
Hibs should be very very careful they do not turn hibs fans against the club.

SMAXXA
08-04-2020, 10:08 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Rightly or wrongly this could have a disastrous impact on how some see the club leaders and undo a lot of good work. I’m not one of those btw as I will support what ever decision they believe is right for Hibs irrelevant of how I’d be pissed off at hearts benefiting. It does always carry the what if scenario if we were in their position what would they do. Saying that budge and LD seem fairly tight so maybe they would do the same.

Deansy
08-04-2020, 10:08 PM
They had the chance to save themselves and put on an abysmal display. After that game many Hertz fans admitted they deserved to be relegated. This false outrage they are now slavering is utterly pathetic and a mere diversion to hide how shocking they have been. Four wins in 30 games is relegation form at any time. Same goes for sevco moaning about Celtic winning the league. They were two points behind with a game in hand in January and are currently 13 behind with a game in hand. They know the league was gone and are using the same pathetic diversionary tactic. Utter joke.

Yup, that 'Must win' game for them that saw them really bust a gut and go for it ............................. with ONE shot on target !

Lee Marvin
08-04-2020, 10:10 PM
If we do not vote to send hearts down, there is no way iam renewing my season ticket.

Call me pathetic, but I would be absolutely furious.

Edit. Should have read the article first. Dempster doesnt say she will vote against like has been reported. She in fact says the opposite. However, if she voted for reconstruction my original point stands. I'd be out.

SMAXXA
08-04-2020, 10:10 PM

Great post

Del Boy
08-04-2020, 10:12 PM
Read over what Dempster has said again and it seems clear she’s trying to justify voting against the proposals. Disappointing and will IMO undo a lot of the good work done to bring the club and supporters closer together.

Del Boy
08-04-2020, 10:12 PM
If we do not vote to send hearts down, there is no way iam renewing my season ticket.

Call me pathetic, but I would be absolutely furious.

Think there will be quite a few in the same boat

Zambernardi1875
08-04-2020, 10:14 PM
Read over what Dempster has said again and it seems clear she’s trying to justify voting against the proposals. Disappointing and will IMO undo a lot of the good work done to bring the club and supporters closer together.

i think your on the wind up

Heisenberg
08-04-2020, 10:15 PM
To be fair it seems like Dempster wants the games played if possible and would be prepared to wait until August or later to play them. She also understands other clubs simply won’t be able to afford to wait that long.

It’s going to be a mess. I don’t see enough clubs voting for reconstruction either.

SMAXXA
08-04-2020, 10:19 PM

I don’t why would you think that?

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2020, 10:23 PM

I’ve just read it and I’d say she’s asking everyone to calm down and not void the season and not rush into any decisions, including league reconstruction.

Joe6-2
08-04-2020, 10:23 PM

F O Hibs!!

RoYO!
08-04-2020, 10:26 PM

She is absolutely 100% going to vote against.

It may be that over time and with considerable debate she/ we arrive at the same conclusion but for now it's a 'no' from hibs.

The worrying thing for me is that she seems open to league reconstruction. One, I dont want a larger league. Two I'm not having Hertz sneak out of this. That's the emotive way a football fan thinks. And I wont be alone in that by a long shot.

Joe6-2
08-04-2020, 10:29 PM

It may be that over time and with considerable debate she/ we arrive at the same conclusion but for now it's a 'no' from hibs.

The worrying thing for me is that she seems open to league reconstruction. One, I dont want a larger league. Two I'm not having Hertz sneak out of this. That's the emotive way a football fan thinks. And I wont be alone in that by a long shot.

You certainly are not alone, I really hope LD reads .net

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2020, 10:30 PM

Funny how we can get almost opposite views after reading the same words.

If I was to take a guess at our vote it could be an abstain - but nowhere in there did I see she’d be a definite no, not did I see her rushing towards league reconstruction- she’s asking for a bit calm and time to consider cos “sometimes a quick decision is a bad decision”

Joe6-2
08-04-2020, 10:31 PM

If I was to take a guess at our vote it could be an abstain - but nowhere in there did I see she’d be a definite no, not did I see her rushing towards league reconstruction- she’s asking for a bit calm and time to consider cos “sometimes a quick decision is a bad decision”

Hardly having to make a quick decision, we have all been aware for long enough now that some sort of choice would have to be made

The 90+2
08-04-2020, 10:35 PM

Dundee should really remember how Hearts went into admin right after the season ended, relegating them by clearly cheating knowing fine well it was happening for months to avoid a 15 point fine.

Was that right Budgie?

SMAXXA
08-04-2020, 10:38 PM

It may be that over time and with considerable debate she/ we arrive at the conclusion but for now it's a 'no' from hibs.

I’m a bit like you I’m no fussed for a bigger league, I’d rather lose Hamilton or ross county for both Dundee teams than have the status quo and teams like ICT and Ayr, would add nothin to the league for me jus more half empty stadiums when they come to visit and the novelty value of going to their grounds would wear off after a season.

The 90+2
08-04-2020, 10:38 PM
Hardly having to make a quick decision, we have all been aware for long enough now that some sort of choice would have to be made

And the “quick decision” doesn’t effect the top league as of yet. Hibernian better vote this through yes. How the fk does reconstruction help us at all?

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2020, 10:40 PM

We have but it sounds like these conference calls have only been taking place recently and don’t last for long enough.

According to LD in the article.

matty_f
08-04-2020, 10:43 PM

:agree:

we are hibs
08-04-2020, 10:49 PM
Abstaining would be as bad as a no vote.

Springbank
08-04-2020, 10:53 PM
Ann Budge!
Wallace Mercer!
Self Sufficient Southern!
Gary Locke!
Barney Battles!
Vladimir Romanov!
Lord George Foulkes!

Your boys took one helluva beating

Springbank
08-04-2020, 10:56 PM
For the avoidance of doubt to our board ..

Send These Cheating BsStards DOWN

08-04-2020, 10:58 PM

Saved by the Hibees, you were saved by the Hibees.
Saved by the Hibees, you were saved by the Hibees.

The 90+2
08-04-2020, 11:00 PM

Yep. Scandalous.

RoYO!
08-04-2020, 11:05 PM

She came out and said no rush decisions, not had enough time etc. That says to me that she will vote no to the current proposal. Once sufficient time has passed this stance may well change. But right now, if voting tomorrow, it's a no.

The forward/ creative thinking lines were testing the water/ readying fans for the fact that hibs may well vote for league reconstruction. It floats the idea. I can't see how it possibly benefits hibs.

Gmack7
08-04-2020, 11:13 PM

it's effectively a no vote

munchar
08-04-2020, 11:18 PM
She came out and said no rush decisions, not had enough time etc. That says to me that she will vote no to the current proposal. Once sufficient time has passed this stance may well change. But right now, if voting tomorrow, it's a no.

The forward/ creative thinking lines were testing the water/ readying fans for the fact that hibs may well vote for league reconstruction. It floats the idea. I can't see how it possibly benefits hibs.

The board should think long and hard about what the supporters would want. We have watched for decades, these cheating barstewards try to buy success, & we are the ones who’ve had to endure years of misery at their hands with their cheating dominance of us. We only want what’s fair. Reconstruction does not benefit anyone but Hearts. Time to let them live in the real world, living within their means. Saving them could come back and haunt us, & give them the cash injection th flourish! Down they must go!!!

The Harp Awakes
08-04-2020, 11:39 PM
F O Hibs!!

We are all Hibs but maybe LD is not quite all Hibs.

Hibs4185
08-04-2020, 11:47 PM
I’ve supported LD on this forum when she was getting a little bit of abuse when hecky was here. I think she has done a terrific job and we are lucky to have her, but....

if she votes to save hearts in any way, shape or form, she will have lost any confidence I have in her.

Can we get a poll on here so we can make it abundantly clear to LD and KP exactly what the fans think.

I understand the reasoning behind voting no and the commercial benefits to the club in finishing the league. I am willing to sacrifice these in order to give hearts exactly what they deserve. Especially after all the years of their financial doping and failing to learn a single lesson.

If LD votes against the fans wishes, it could very well be her undoing.

KP if there is a clear majority of fans wanting LD to vote in favour of these plans can you communicate this to the board?

Jim44
08-04-2020, 11:47 PM

I reckon 95% or more of Hibs fans are desperate to see Hearts relegated. That’s simply the mindset of any football fan but to what degree do football bosses care about schadenfreude? They think with their heads and not their hearts and, when push comes to shove, they will vote for what is in the best financial interests of their clubs. The tone of LD’s statement ( probably very much shaped by RG ), at first reading, suggests that our bosses favour a solution which would give Hearts a chance of Scottish Premiership survival but that does not mean it is in the forefront of their thoughts ( but I think a lot of Jambo fans will be heartened by her statement ). By towing the UEFA line, I suppose it could be argued that a resumption of league games would/could provide much-needed income and a chance of better prize money for our final league position. However, because of our strength of feeling about their fate, LD and RG are treading a dangerous path as far as fan harmony and relationships are concerned.
For what it’s worth, my opinion is that the the Corona virus epidemic will continue to rage for a long time yet and they will be forced to finally draw a line, declare the league finished and act accordingly. I think league reconstruction would be a step too far.

Real Emerald
08-04-2020, 11:49 PM
The board should think long and hard about what the supporters would want. We have watched for decades, these cheating barstewards try to buy success, & we are the ones who’ve had to endure years of misery at their hands with their cheating dominance of us. We only want what’s fair. Reconstruction does not benefit anyone but Hearts. Time to let them live in the real world, living within their means. Saving them could come back and haunt us, & give them the cash injection th flourish! Down they must go!!!

Spot on mate, we can’t restructure the whole league system to save them and if they do I’m finished with it and next years ST will be going back. They don’t even stop with the cheating and overspending, they then have to brag about how big they are, natural order etc. If we save them after the season they’ve had and the way they’ve treated their players, I’m out. They would have had a party if they’d got a result v St Mirren and Budge would have been campaigning to leave the league set up as it is. Utter desperation. 😡

147lothian
08-04-2020, 11:51 PM
After carefull consideration we have to make the league positions stand and send them down, I hope this is what transpires anything else is going to leave a very bitter taste.

RoYO!
08-04-2020, 11:57 PM
I reckon 95% or more of Hibs fans are desperate to see Hearts relegated. That’s simply the mindset of any football fan but to what degree do football bosses care about schadenfreude? They think with their heads and not their hearts and, when push comes to shove, they will vote for what is in the best financial interests of their clubs. The tone of LD’s statement ( probably very much shaped by RG ), at first reading, suggests that our bosses favour a solution which would give Hearts a chance of Scottish Premiership survival but that does not mean it is in the forefront of their thoughts ( but I think a lot of Jambo fans will be heartened by her statement ). By towing the UEFA line, I suppose it could be argued that a resumption of league games would/could provide much-needed income and a chance of better prize money for our final league position. However, because of our strength of feeling about their fate, LD and RG are treading a dangerous path as far as fan harmony and relationships are concerned.
For what it’s worth, my opinion is that the the Corona virus epidemic will continue to rage for a long time yet and they will be forced to finally draw a line, declare the league finished and act accordingly. I think league reconstruction would be a step too far.

I think that's a fair assessment Jim.

I for one want hibs to be considered Edinburgh's premier team. Only show in town. And any time we do get drawn against hearts I want us to absolutely do them. That's football.

The benefit that comes from a weak hearts, toiling in lower divisions, to hibs is clear. Feel good factor, upturn in support a growing fan base, money money money, strengthening or on field performance. With that comes Europe regularly. And so the happy cycle continues.

And if you're in doubt, ask Celtic what it was like having their nearest and dearest rivals out the league for a while! Their model is now one of domination of their rivals (and the rest for that matter).

Sending hearts down can absolutely generate us income. To the same measure, pandering to them could have wide ranging repercussions.

Ozyhibby
08-04-2020, 11:58 PM
I’ve supported LD on this forum when she was getting a little bit of abuse when hecky was here. I think she has done a terrific job and we are lucky to have her, but....

if she votes to save hearts in any way, shape or form, she will have lost any confidence I have in her.

Can we get a poll on here so we can make it abundantly clear to LD and KP exactly what the fans think.

I understand the reasoning behind voting no and the commercial benefits to the club in finishing the league. I am willing to sacrifice these in order to give hearts exactly what they deserve. Especially after all the years of their financial doping and failing to learn a single lesson.

If LD votes against the fans wishes, it could very well be her undoing.

KP if there is a clear majority of fans wanting LD to vote in favour of these plans can you communicate this to the board?

If the club vote to save Hearts the poll will be on whether Gordon and Dempster need forced out or not.
Season ticket sales will be non existent if they make such a stupid decision on Friday.

RoYO!
09-04-2020, 12:02 AM
Spot on mate, we can’t restructure the whole league system to save them and if they do I’m finished with it and next years ST will be going back. They don’t even stop with the cheating and overspending, they then have to brag about how big they are, natural order etc. If we save them after the season they’ve had and the way they’ve treated their players, I’m out. They would have had a party if they’d got a result v St Mirren and Budge would have been campaigning to leave the league set up as it is. Utter desperation. 😡

Yep what's more, this didn't need to be said.

LD could have kept quiet.

I see ST's grinding to a halt now. A bubble has been popped. It has simply cast a shadow on what seems a pretty clear solution to me. It could go as far as to drive a wedge between the board and the fans.

We are a simple bunch. We hate hearts. We love hibs.

munchar
09-04-2020, 12:03 AM

We are as close to finishing 11th as we are of finishing 3rd. Defeat to St.Johnstone would probably see us in bottom 6, & we could easily lose enough games to finish in play of spot. With the clubs best interests at Heart, we have to vote finish now. All clubs should vote for whatever suits them. Hearts obviously clutching at straws. Rangers just so as Celtics 9 in a row is questionable. Aberdeen have Motherwell in their sights, but I think they’ll call euro placings on league positions, so why any other club will vote no, I can’t understand. Hypothetically, Hearts could still be safe, win Scottish cup & be in Europe!!

The Harp Awakes
09-04-2020, 12:03 AM
If the club vote to save Hearts the poll will be on whether Gordon and Dempster need forced out or not.
Season ticket sales will be non existent if they make such a stupid decision on Friday.

I agree. LD made a previous decision not to support an independent inquiry into the Sevco fiasco, which fans did not like.

If the Club goes against the will of the fans again this time I can see big trouble ahead.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 12:11 AM
I agree. LD made a previous decision not to support an independent inquiry into the Sevco fiasco, which fans did not like.

If the Club goes against the will of the fans again this time I can see big trouble ahead.

She got a free pass that time because most fans had not followed the issues. I doubt she would be so lucky again.

Real Emerald
09-04-2020, 12:13 AM
We are as close to finishing 11th as we are of finishing 3rd. Defeat to St.Johnstone would probably see us in bottom 6, & we could easily lose enough games to finish in play of spot. With the clubs best interests at Heart, we have to vote finish now. All clubs should vote for whatever suits them. Hearts obviously clutching at straws. Rangers just so as Celtics 9 in a row is questionable. Aberdeen have Motherwell in their sights, but I think they’ll call euro placings on league positions, so why any other club will vote no, I can’t understand. Hypothetically, Hearts could still be safe, win Scottish cup & be in Europe!!

If we were in their position we would take the exact same view as them and hope for league reconstruction but their league record is horrendous, there is no case to be made statistically to give them any hope of survival. They have again overspent spectacularly and in the process still managed a dig at our manager when they appointed Stendel, who still hasn’t managed a win against a bottom six side. They then basically try to blackmail their players without even missing one chaffing home match to accept a 50% cut or be sacked. There are no words to describe there desperation and sleekitness. We HAVE to do the right thing here.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2020, 05:28 AM

I reckon there’ll be a few clubs working to get the vote delayed so no one rushes in to a decision.

The option on the table is the one that pisses off the least number of clubs, the fairest option is finishing the season. Obviously it doesn’t look likely that can be done but some clubs are panicking so they can get the prize money while others are on a safer footing and willing to give it a few more weeks before diving in 2 footed.

Fuzzywuzzy
09-04-2020, 05:40 AM
So budge thinks that the rangers suggestion of prize money is sensible. I haven't seen that they suggested a fair share split so based on standings.

She's happy to take the prize money for finishing bottom but not happy to take the position?

Big_Franck
09-04-2020, 06:21 AM
We are all Hibs but maybe LD is not quite all Hibs.

Couldn't agree more.

3 of us haven't renewed our STs yet. If we vote to save Hearts, or if we vote to extend the league to include more crap teams and less cat As on the season ticket, we won't be renewing.

stoneyburn hibs
09-04-2020, 06:47 AM
Will the votes cast be made public ?

Heisenberg
09-04-2020, 06:48 AM
Will the votes cast be made public ?

They’ll definitely be leaked or clubs will announce how they’ve voted imo.

Onion
09-04-2020, 06:50 AM
Either call it now and hearts are down or wait and play all the games.
Thats the ONLY fair options.
Calling for reconstruction when they were certainties to go down is shocking.

IMO no football will be played in the UK for many, many month (models now show us heading for the highest death rate in Europe). If Scotland insist on playing these final games in Aug, Sept or Oct, current STs must apply, the majority of Hibs fans will see those home games for FREE and the club will get little extra income in for those games. This will simply draw out the financial pain for clubs, and potentially damage next season.

If next season is shortened or impacted through reconstruction then Hibs and other clubs club MUST reduce the price of season tickets including those they have already sold. On top of that, they'll have to renegortiate the new TV deal.

I've not heard of ANY fans looking for a part refund on their current season tickets. Clubs are not having to deal with that pressure, so to see them squirming around shirking the obvious decision is ridiculous. They all need to man up, call the league, stand up to Hearts, Sevco and UEFA and do the right and obvious thing.

GreenCastle
09-04-2020, 07:08 AM
I still haven’t heard one person explain how the prize money would be given now but the final standings not confirmed ?

Do Hibs get 7th prize money but end up coming 4th then ?

If the big huns and wee huns could explain how this would work that would be useful.

Thanks

Bostonhibby
09-04-2020, 07:17 AM
Abstaining would be as bad as a no vote.Yep, any Hibs board that doesn't vote to send the bottom team in the laegue down in the circumstances that exist loses my backing.

Hibs weren't talking reconstruction next season prior to this situation and they'd be complicit in a fix if they suddenly supported it now.

brog
09-04-2020, 07:19 AM
Just saw the KB stuff, amazing. They're actually still blaming St Mirren for Hawrts glorious failure 34 years ago! Apart from the obvious fact that their destiny was in their own hands, most people aren't aware that, thanks to Sir Albert, a 2 0 victory for Celtic was all they needed to win the league. In fact, despite an unbeaten run of about 300 games, watched by 400,000 every week, Hawrts actually had the worst GD out of the top 4 teams in the league. This was partly down to their poor start but mainly down to them somehow scraping by week after week. I think the Karma was on them!

Brightside
09-04-2020, 07:22 AM

Hibs want Hearts in the league. Make no mistake on that.

Since90+2
09-04-2020, 07:22 AM
For the avoidance of doubt to our board ..

Send These Cheating BsStards DOWN

This.

I think the board will get a shock at the fans response if they don't vote to send Hearts down. The club will need every bit of goodwill from the support over the next few months - you can see goodbye to a chunk of that if they vote or abstain keeping those cheating ****s in the league.

Since90+2
09-04-2020, 07:23 AM

Hibs as a club - yes. Hibs as a support? No.

The club should be very mindful of that.

Lee Marvin
09-04-2020, 07:24 AM

I see ST's grinding to a halt now. A bubble has been popped. It has simply cast a shadow on what seems a pretty clear solution to me. It could go as far as to drive a wedge between the board and the fans.

This is an important point for me.

As others have said, LD did not have to make that statement. Whether she actually means she would potentially vote through reconstruction is up for debate. What is not up for debate is the fuel that has now been added to this fire in the minds of HIbs fans (as can clearly be seen on here since the announcement).

If this drags on a lot longer I for one can not possible buy my season ticket until it comes to a conclusion and I see which way Hibs vote (which I had every intention of doing over the next week or so).

Whilst I do believe they will eventually do the right thing for Hibs (sending the cheating, lying, dictatorship across the road to their grave), LD has dropped the ball big style with that statement.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 07:25 AM

There are plenty of Hibs supporters who live for derby matches and want hearts in the league.

Hibs decision should be based on whaat's best for Hibs, regardless of the consequences for anyone else.

Since90+2
09-04-2020, 07:27 AM
There are plenty of Hibs supporters who live for derby matches and want hearts in the league.

Hibs decision should be based on whaat's best for Hibs, regardless of the consequences for anyone else.

I don't know one Hibs supporter who would rather Hearts weren't relegated. Not one. And I know a fair few.

The vast majority of Hibs fans will want Hearts relegated - absolutely no doubt. Look at the poll on this very site for an indication.

CentreLine
09-04-2020, 07:28 AM

Is it really that much of a big deal? It seems to me there is no room for middle ground any more. It’s either over the top joy at the relegation of our greatest rivals or we all have to go to the other extreme and have a hatefest for our own club because they voted for something else. Thousands will not go back. The game’s screwed. We all have to hate our owner and board members. Any excuse really to have a pop at our own club?
Can we not just settle for being a wee bit disappointed and move on?

Lee Marvin
09-04-2020, 07:31 AM

I am sorry, this cannot be true.

If by plenty you mean c400-500 out of 100,000, then you may be right. Anything more I would suggest is patently nonesense when chosing whether to relegate them or not.

GreenCastle
09-04-2020, 07:35 AM

There is a difference about getting excited for a derby match and wanting Hibs to be the most successful team in Edinburgh.

Of course some will miss the derbies but majority want Hibs winning the Scottish Cup again and getting into Europe.

Gloucester Hibs
09-04-2020, 07:37 AM
There is a difference about getting excited for a derby match and wanting Hibs to be the most successful team in Edinburgh.

Of course some will miss the derbies but majority want Hibs winning the Scottish Cup again and getting into Europe.

Plus, we’ll get them in the cup so won’t even be missing out on a derby.

Barney McGrew
09-04-2020, 07:38 AM

The whole plan Ron Gordon presented at the AGM was based on growth in our support, and having more and more Hibs fans at games. A successful Hibs team on the pitch would see more Hibs fans being able to attend a game against say Dundee United than against Hearts (assuming we still give them a whole stand). Having Hearts in the league potentially goes against what he says he wants to do.

Joe6-2
09-04-2020, 07:40 AM
SSN getting on my thruppenies, continually repeating the rangers ‘statement’
Are they the only club in Scotland?

Edit: now adding budge into the mix

mjhibby
09-04-2020, 07:44 AM

I don't think she's saying that at all. She is asking not to rush to a decision. Anyway Ron and Dave Cormack will ensure the proposal is passed. I'd be totally gobsmacked if the lower leagues don't pass it and the spl pass it then wait for the uefa meeting on Apr 23. Folk reading more into this than is there. She's friendly with budge. What do you expect her to be.

Haymaker
09-04-2020, 07:44 AM
Send them down.

mjhibby
09-04-2020, 07:47 AM
I still haven’t heard one person explain how the prize money would be given now but the final standings not confirmed ?

If the big huns and wee huns could explain how this would work that would be useful.

Thanks

That has baffled me too.

mjhibby
09-04-2020, 07:53 AM

Not sure Ron is thinking that way. From what Dave Cormack was saying they are only looking at getting through the next few months without any money. It's the smaller clubs who will press for this vote to be passed if,as seems likely,there is no football for months. Too much being read it what seems a sensible statement by Dempster.

AltheHibby
09-04-2020, 07:54 AM
From my reading of the article I see LD being diplomatic and not giving away our thoughts before the vote. And I think she goes that way by being pragmatic and wanting to think through the issues.

As a Hibs fan I want LD to say it serves the Duncans right and they should go down. As a football fan I want the right thing for football. And as an accountant I want whatever costs Hibs the least long term. That's probably 3 different outcomes.

Anyway, enough trying to be sensible.

Send the Duncans down.:flag:

sean04
09-04-2020, 08:00 AM
Hearts are really struggling now, they have overspent and now are in deep trouble. What did hearts do when we were in deep trouble? Tried to wipe us out. Hibs need to stick the knife into these cheating b**tards

SMAXXA
09-04-2020, 08:00 AM

Hibs support is the club without us there isn’t a club

we are hibs
09-04-2020, 08:02 AM

Why? Say the current structure remains we would have 1 home game v hearts before the split. There is no guarentee both sides would be in the same side of the split. How much would we make from one sell out that justifies losing potential renewals?

GreenCastle
09-04-2020, 08:02 AM
That has baffled me too.

Is there a flat fee given out then final standings given out ?

Again if someone could explain how that would work that would be useful.

we are hibs
09-04-2020, 08:05 AM
Is it really that much of a big deal? It seems to me there is no room for middle ground any more. It’s either over the top joy at the relegation of our greatest rivals or we all have to go to the other extreme and have a hatefest for our own club because they voted for something else. Thousands will not go back. The game’s screwed. We all have to hate our owner and board members. Any excuse really to have a pop at our own club?
Can we not just settle for being a wee bit disappointed and move on?

It is important because Hibs fans are sick to the back teeth of them getting away with murder every single time. If hibs are complicit in them remaining in the top flight then they will lose a lot of support and it will be a black cloud on Ron Gordon's entire reign. Dempster seems very much of the "lets sweep it all under the carpet and move on" mould every time a big decision needs to be made. I would find it extremely difficult to support a club who continually ignores its own fans on big issues.

steviehibsleith
09-04-2020, 08:08 AM
Can someone set up a Poll to gauge accurately what we as Fans would vote

It know exactly what my vote is League as it is, hearts relagated

The Poll reflecting the immediate termination of Season 2019/20 for the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2, without the remaining fixtures in the League being played;
all play-off competitions being cancelled; and
final season placings to be determined by the number of points per game earned by each club in the matches they have played. This would result in the following final divisional tables for Season 2019/20 in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2:

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2020, 08:22 AM
We should do whatever it takes to keep pictures of Queen Anne oot o the media.
Scares my dug.

rodhibs55
09-04-2020, 08:23 AM
From my reading of the article I see LD being diplomatic and not giving away our thoughts before the vote. And I think she goes that way by being pragmatic and wanting to think through the issues.

As a Hibs fan I want LD to say it serves the Duncans right and they should go down. As a football fan I want the right thing for football. And as an accountant I want whatever costs Hibs the least long term. That's probably 3 different outcomes.

Anyway, enough trying to be sensible.

Send the Duncans down.:flag:

I agree I think LD is being pretty diplomatic in the statement, one part I took from it

An abrupt end to proceedings is not her preferred option, although she admits it is preferable to voiding the campaign, which she believes is a non-starter and even more unfair,

I read into this that if push comes to shove then we vote them down.Which is where they should be.

Hillsidehibby
09-04-2020, 08:35 AM
Saughton Jambo

Squad Member

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/set_resources_3/84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default_photo.png
Paid Member_20
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/team_premium.gif

1,392 posts

(https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/188338-spfl-even-more-ready-to-declare-celtic-champions-and-relegate-hearts/&do=findComment&comment=7810043)

Posted 37 minutes ago (https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/188338-spfl-even-more-ready-to-declare-celtic-champions-and-relegate-hearts/&do=findComment&comment=7810043)

(https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/188338-spfl-even-more-ready-to-declare-celtic-champions-and-relegate-hearts/page/37/#) (https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=188338&content_commentid=7810006)1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:
I’ve always thought that we should have fitted sprinklers in the Roseburn so that when Hibs, Rangers and Celtic support act in their usual vile manner, we turn the sprinklers on.
it would provide added entertainment value for the Hearts support.

I assume you mean water and not Zyclone B that’s coming through them? Would be much more amusing to see if was the latter and not the former. Would certainly stamp out the sectarian bile for a bit

I know where my sentiments lie.

Rumble de Thump
09-04-2020, 08:36 AM
SSN getting on my thruppenies, continually repeating the rangers ‘statement’
Are they the only club in Scotland?

Edit: now adding budge into the mix

The Scottish media are particularly bad for reporting statements from Sevco and their fan groups without seeking comment from anyone else to add any kind of balance or sanity.

Onion
09-04-2020, 08:36 AM

There's no question in terms of football results, league position etc that Hibs would be better off without Hearts on their fixture list. Hibs teams over the decades have seen to that. But the underlying feeling among Hibs fans is that Hearts have cheated their way through many of these years, at our expense.

Perhaps if we still had the team of 3 years ago, we'd be a bit less bothered about Hearts remaining in the Prem as that would just give us a few more good opportunities to hammer them. But this season shows that the very opposite is more likely !

Ron and Leanne need to tread very carefully here. Ingratiating yourself to Hearts, while brassing off your own fans is not very smart.

RoYO!
09-04-2020, 08:41 AM
I don't think she's saying that at all. She is asking not to rush to a decision. Anyway Ron and Dave Cormack will ensure the proposal is passed. I'd be totally gobsmacked if the lower leagues don't pass it and the spl pass it then wait for the uefa meeting on Apr 23. Folk reading more into this than is there. She's friendly with budge. What do you expect her to be.

I don't have a problem with how you read the article, there is second guessing and speculation going on for sure- I accept that.

What really bothers me is the last paragraph or so. In my mind there was no need to say that. I dont see what else she could be on about other than league reconstruction- but I am happy to be wrong on that!!

Jones28
09-04-2020, 08:46 AM
I agree I think LD is being pretty diplomatic in the statement, one part I took from it

An abrupt end to proceedings is not her preferred option, although she admits it is preferable to voiding the campaign, which she believes is a non-starter and even more unfair,

I read into this that if push comes to shove then we vote them down.Which is where they should be.

That to me says that fulfilling the fixtures is the preferred option, but the alternative of voting them down is the only other option.

Either way, hearts go down 👍🏻

Greenside
09-04-2020, 08:55 AM
If "moving on" as quickly and efficiently as possible is the priority then it must be a yes vote. At least everyone would know where they stand and start planning for next season, whenever that may be.
It would even let the jambos start plotting how they are going to win the Championship without cheating.

PatHead
09-04-2020, 08:59 AM
Firstly I want Hearts to be relegated.

On reading the statement I think she is being diplomatic. Does anyone really think reconstruction should be dismissed without finding out what is on offer? It may be that an 18 or 16 team league is proposed with play offs similar to rugby league. Sky offer to increase their offer by millions. Might not be what we want but it would provide excitement. Let's have the discussion then vote on it.
The right answer with Hearts being relegated could still happen.
Unlikely but what happens if every country in Europe managed to finish their league and we have jumped the gun. Unlikely but it could happen. I would rather we didn't have to do a uturn like Belgium.
The liklihood is that the season will not be completed but why rush into a decision without having all the facts?
Let them squirm a bit longer, see some hope and then vote for them to be relegated.

Phil MaGlass
09-04-2020, 09:04 AM

On reading the statement I think she is being diplomatic. Does anyone really think reconstruction should be dismissed without finding out what is on offer? It may be that an 18 or 16 team league is proposed with play offs similar to rugby league. Sky offer to increase their offer by millions. Might not be what we want but it would provide excitement. Let's have the discussion then vote on it.
Unlikely but what happens if every country in Europe managed to finish their league and we have jumped the gun. Unlikely but it could happen. I would rather we didn't have to do a uturn like Belgium.
The liklihood is that the season will not be completed but why rush into a decision without having all the facts?
Let them squirm a bit longer, see some hope and then vote for them to be relegated.

Like the last sentence

brog
09-04-2020, 09:05 AM
I 100% want them to go down but i think we have to cut the club a bit slack here. With 3 of St Js remaining 4 games away at us & the uglies we are odds on to be in the top 6 & have a decent chance at 5th. If we accept a 7th place finish we'll be losing out on the equivalent of between about 500 & 1200 season tickets sold. Losing 1or 2 home derbies next season is roughly the equivalent of losing another 500/1000 season tickets. In the current climate that's a big hole to fill. I would do it regardless but I would expect/hope LD & RG to act more dispassionately in our club's best interest.

Kato
09-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Can we not just settle for being a wee bit disappointed and move on?I wont be hating Hibs or hurting Hibs if Hearts don't go down.

As you say the polarisation of the debate is stupid but normal these days, every discussion on the internet ends up with extreme, over simplified views with the most vocal at either end of the scale.

I'd like to see Hearts go down, it would be well funny, but it wont colour my feelings towards Hibs if they stay up.

CraigHibee
09-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Scares my dug.

a print out of her face on my fridge would help me greatly in this lock down :greengrin

Kato
09-04-2020, 09:15 AM
I reckon 95% or more of Hibs fans are desperate to see Hearts relegated.

Is "desperate" really the to describe your feelings on Hearts going down?

I'd like it and have a laugh but being desperate over it? Nah.

weecounty hibby
09-04-2020, 09:15 AM
Ok let's look at the fairness angle. Still games to play and the tarts might win enough to save themselves, however unlikely.
On the other hand they have cheated, remember the timing of their admin!!?? I hope Dundee don't.
They have stolen money. Charities, HMRC, small businesses etc
They have been receiving money from Benny Factor and not disclosing who they are.
They signed players who they could not afford over multiple seasons going back to the 80s!
They have continually racked up debt after debt and pretended to be a big club, flaunting their spending and rubbing it into everyone's faces, particularly ours
There will be more but I can't be arsed thinking about it.
With them being down we have the opportunity to push on as Edinburgh's No1 club and really put our foot in their throat.
So yes we may lose a bit of cash in the shirt term but we need to remember all of the shut that they have got away with and we have had to put up with. Never forget that they are a shower of cheating *******s and there is NO club that deserves to be relegated more than them.
Do the right thing overall and relegated them

hibstag
09-04-2020, 09:19 AM
If we were in their position we would take the exact same view as them and hope for league reconstruction but their league record is horrendous, there is no case to be made statistically to give them any hope of survival. They have again overspent spectacularly and in the process still managed a dig at our manager when they appointed Stendel, who still hasn’t managed a win against a bottom six side. They then basically try to blackmail their players without even missing one chaffing home match to accept a 50% cut or be sacked. There are no words to describe there desperation and sleekitness. We HAVE to do the right thing here.

but the right thing here is to support a wait and see stance allowing us to play to a finish. All of what you said above are points about hearts based on what they have done off the field you'd be as well adding in they have got a crap main stand.

The fact is they are 4 adrift with 30 to play for. Celtic are 13 clear with rangers having a game in hand, Dundee Utd are all but up barring a collapse partick thistle are 2 adrift with a game in hand and 26 points to play for.

Id love hearts to go down but I'm want them to have zero comeback on it, they and the others mentioned have got to have the opportunity to play themselves out of trouble open to them up until it becomes clear the only way forward is to call it (possibly June) when the wait becomes too long and looks like effecting next season

Smartie
09-04-2020, 09:20 AM
Hearts being relegated would be funny.

Hearts only being spared relegation by some nonsensical convoluted stitch up would be funny.

Win / win.

Gmack7
09-04-2020, 09:23 AM
if we help save them it will undoubtedly have an adverse effect on our season ticket sales while relieving the pressure on them and probably giving their ST sales a boost. its a NO FROM ME.
Do the right thing Hibs

hfc rd
09-04-2020, 09:30 AM

Hearts only being spared relegation by some nonsensical convoluted stitch up would be funny.

Win / win.

No chance. This place will be in absolute, complete meltdown if they are spared relegation.

MikeyS
09-04-2020, 09:30 AM
Wonder how that erse Cruyff is feeling about his blaise comments now. What a dick.

There is more than a few of them really starting to crack under the very real threat they are doomed. A lot of them kidding on they wont be going to away games or not going at all.

Enjoy the championship- Geoff Kilpatrick, Nookie, Special Olympics Doofy, Kingatti. Pleasing!

MrSmith
09-04-2020, 09:31 AM
Looks like the lockdown will be extended until May at the least according to ITV News.

I wouldn’t discount Celtic in any of this neither, they deserve this title and to void it, would really suit the Rangers. Therefore, I can see nothing happening in the short term but bluster.

mjhibby
09-04-2020, 09:35 AM
IMO no football will be played in the UK for many, many month (models now show us heading for the highest death rate in Europe). If Scotland insist on playing these final games in Aug, Sept or Oct, current STs must apply, the majority of Hibs fans will see those home games for FREE and the club will get little extra income in for those games. This will simply draw out the financial pain for clubs, and potentially damage next season.

If next season is shortened or impacted through reconstruction then Hibs and other clubs club MUST reduce the price of season tickets including those they have already sold. On top of that, they'll have to renegortiate the new TV deal.

I've not heard of ANY fans looking for a part refund on their current season tickets. Clubs are not having to deal with that pressure, so to see them squirming around shirking the obvious decision is ridiculous. They all need to man up, call the league, stand up to Hearts, Sevco and UEFA and do the right and obvious thing.

Totally agree sir. In a nutshell.

Smartie
09-04-2020, 09:35 AM
No chance. This place will be in absolute, complete meltdown if they are spared relegation.

Maybe so, but we’ll get at least a few years of shutting them up when they start their nonsense by reminding them how lucky they are to even be in the league.

If we save them, it’s on the explicit understanding that they are our bee-atches for the next 10 years, irrespective of results between the sides.

mjhibby
09-04-2020, 09:36 AM
Scares my dug.

😂😂😂

Fish
09-04-2020, 09:46 AM
Even if the lockdown measures were eased in May, although I imagine them being in place until at the earliest the beginning of June, social distancing is going to be the norm until much much later. I cannot see any football until early autumn at the very earliest. Are we going to have the never-ending season just to suit three or four clubs, no other wise there will only be a handful of clubs left in Scotland. I can understand the reluctance to call it so early but at some point it will, probably early summer. Null and void is off the table and honestly league reconstruction will just be a joke, 14 teams you’re avin a laff.

G B Young
09-04-2020, 09:47 AM
Scares my dug.

Indeed. Every time she rolls out another rambling statement it guarantees her face is plastered all over the sports pages. It's a nauseating sight.

Hakim Sar
09-04-2020, 10:04 AM
IMHO the season is over as it stands. Avg points per game will be used to decide the standings... probably at the start of June when it really kicks in to peoples minds that social distancing measures are the new norm. And the focus shifts on a decisive starting point for the next campaign, rather than dragging the unfinished season out much longer.

Hearts are down as far as I am concerned. Not a ball shall be kicked in anger in at least the next 3 months.

adhibs
09-04-2020, 10:09 AM

Win / win.

There's be nothing funny about the second circumstance, especially if Dempster is complicit in it. She's got previous for not following the views of the supporters of the club she's currently employed by.

nonshinyfinish
09-04-2020, 10:10 AM
I wont be hating Hibs or hurting Hibs if Hearts don't go down.

As you say the polarisation of the debate is stupid but normal these days, every discussion on the internet ends up with extreme, over simplified views with the most vocal at either end of the scale.

I'd like to see Hearts go down, it would be well funny, but it wont colour my feelings towards Hibs if they stay up.

This is bang on.

jacomo
09-04-2020, 10:12 AM

Nope. This is a time for people to see the bigger picture.

Sevco and Hearts are acting like bratty wee toddlers but the grown ups need to make the best decisions in the circumstances.

If we can’t play football until June this season is dead. Hearts fans knew they were likely finishing 12th a month ago - they need to accept their fate.

mjhibby
09-04-2020, 10:14 AM
That was last season.This season will be different and dependent on the deal the league strikes with broadcasters for the unfinished season.

Money has stayed the same.

Rumble de Thump
09-04-2020, 10:16 AM
The whole point of relegation is to remove the worst performing teams from a league and allow more deserving, better performing teams to enter it. Keeping Hearts in the top flight, however it may happen, would just weaken the league and dilute the quality. They've got to go.

Sammy7nil
09-04-2020, 10:19 AM
Ok let's look at the fairness angle. Still games to play and the tarts might win enough to save themselves, however unlikely.
On the other hand they have cheated, remember the timing of their admin!!?? I hope Dundee don't.
They have stolen money. Charities, HMRC, small businesses etc
They have been receiving money from Benny Factor and not disclosing who they are.
They signed players who they could not afford over multiple seasons going back to the 80s!
They have continually racked up debt after debt and pretended to be a big club, flaunting their spending and rubbing it into everyone's faces, particularly ours
There will be more but I can't be arsed thinking about it.
With them being down we have the opportunity to push on as Edinburgh's No1 club and really put our foot in their throat.
So yes we may lose a bit of cash in the shirt term but we need to remember all of the shut that they have got away with and we have had to put up with. Never forget that they are a shower of cheating *******s and there is NO club that deserves to be relegated more than them.
Do the right thing overall and relegated them

Quote from Jambos Way back :rolleyes:

"Hearts are a club with a glorious history of trying to do the right thing, most of the time, during war and peace. What have we done to these people to attract this venom?
I’m not one for holding grudges, generally, but if this stitch up succeeds, I won’t set a foot inside another Scottish ground unless Hearts can gain financially from it. It’s time to take a stand against this.

Just because you’re paranoid, it doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you. "

Oh dear where to start.

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 10:19 AM

Correct, she could have said NOTHING, I dont get this statement at all what is she trying to tell us?

SIX season tickets from our family affected if Hibs/LD vote to save them, they deserve to go down leave them to it!!

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 10:24 AM

Correct, she could have said NOTHING, I dont get this statement at all what is she trying to tell us?

SIX season tickets from our family affected if Hibs/LD vote to save them, they deserve to go down leave them to it!!

When she says nothing she gets stick. When she says something she gets stick too.

She was obviously contacted by the EEN for a reaction. What she said is absolutely fine by me as there's no easy answer.

munchar
09-04-2020, 10:25 AM
This is my take on it:

It would be best for EVERYONE, not Hibs or Hearts etc, but the whole of Scottish football if we can finish the season. Then there’s no ifs & buts. Best team wins, worst relegated. Realistically, there seems to be no quick end to this pandemic. The only option may be to play behind closed doors? Clubs don’t want this because of lost income. Extend the season? Clubs will have players out of contract who they may not want or be able to afford to keep on, but leaves them short of numbers. Especially lower league clubs, who probably have targets already identified & agreed for next season. Clubs are also reliant on prize money which will be budgeted for. Even if it’s last prize. Again, this could be the difference of smaller clubs staying afloat or ultimately folding! It looks like the tv deal is in place, worth millions. Will this become null & void if we decide to change our structure? Or is there pressure being put on to keep all the bigger teams together for tv purposes? Logically, we should do our utmost to put next season on hold & finish this season whenever that may be. If we have to play 2/3 times weekly to catch up, so be it. They’re athletes. As said previously though, MOST clubs NEED their prize money to survive. Release some players to cut the wage bill, plan for next season. None of this can happen with the uncertainty. If we can’t start back by July/August, it should be unanimously agreed that there is no alternative but to finish as it stands. In the meantime, I’m sure we can pay all the clubs the minimum payment of last place to keep ticking over. Reconstruction etc is a disgrace, as it’s never been mentioned until now. You can’t award titles to the current best teams but not relegate the current worst teams? Play offs are different. These teams only might have a chance of success. Partick I’d feel sorry for, as they have a game in hand for safety, but the tables don’t lie. It’s not 8 games into the season where it’s a false table, but 8 to go, where nothing much is likely to change. Rangers, Hearts, Patrick, Falkirk etc are unfortunate, but all have had roughly 30 games to put themselves in a better position. Unfair they may say, but the world is unfair just now.

Billy Whizz
09-04-2020, 10:25 AM
I can’t believe the amount of HIBS fans making threats against the club
We’ll vote what suits us, and not anyone else

Bostonhibby
09-04-2020, 10:29 AM

"Hearts are a club with a glorious history of trying to do the right thing, most of the time, during war and peace. What have we done to these people to attract this venom?
I’m not one for holding grudges, generally, but if this stitch up succeeds, I won’t set a foot inside another Scottish ground unless Hearts can gain financially from it. It’s time to take a stand against this.

Oh dear where to start.Did he mention the Lady Haig poppy fund, the Macraes Battalion trust or the Big Hearts charity by any chance?

All illustriously named on Hearts very own creditors list, the list of shame.

Brightside
09-04-2020, 10:30 AM

It’s the same over the road too. “Fans” saying they won’t be back if AB doesn’t take the league to court. Some people are just a wee bit special.

Lee Marvin
09-04-2020, 10:32 AM

If it came down to it, why would it be in hibs best interests to artificially reconstruct the league to keep them in it?.

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 10:33 AM

The fans DON'T, we are happy with a one, two or three season break and will not miss these cheating bassas.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 10:33 AM
Why would it suit the club (as a whole, remembering all the support is the club spiel we get from time to time when it’s time to buy season tickets) to vote against the proposal?

weecounty hibby
09-04-2020, 10:34 AM

Oh dear where to start.

And is exactly what I'm getting at with my post. They seem to believe they are untouchable no matter what they do, they seem to think they are special, they seem to think rules do not apply to them no matter the situation, they seem to believe that every one should be grateful to them for something.
**** them as a club and **** every last one if their delusional support. As a collective they are as thick as **** and have no sense if reality.
Them going down is the ONLY right and fair decision. I have said it over many threads they are not only the worst team this season but for the last 12 months where football was played. If anyone ever deserves to go down it those poppy theiving *******s

Billy Whizz
09-04-2020, 10:35 AM
If it came down to it, why would it be in hibs best interests to artificially reconstruct the league to keep them in it?.

It might be, but we might want to play behind closed doors, as we feel we can move up the league
What’s the difference between 7th and 4th, quite a bit I bet

ancient hibee
09-04-2020, 10:37 AM
Money has stayed the same.

Not what I've been told.For a start the League doesn't know what it's going to get as some of the broadcast deals income is unlikely to be paid.

RoYO!
09-04-2020, 10:37 AM

I can absolutely understand the strength of feeling from hibs fans in this highly emotive situation. Playing in the top league and getting one over your neighbours to many is the be all and end all. That's not hibs hearts specific, that's football.

We have all been on the end of some of the worst results in our history, in recent times, but good luck getting them to acknowledge the fact that their business model, for my entire life, has been based on winning at all costs. No matter the cost, or fallout. Win.

Simply put hibs cannot be seen to support this.

Lee Marvin
09-04-2020, 10:38 AM
It might be, but we might want to play behind closed doors, as we feel we can move up the league
What’s the difference between 7th and 4th, quite a bit I bet

Firstly, we are not finishing the season. It's just not happening despite everyone wanting that.

They will eventually call the leagues as it's the only option, at which point reconstruction will be put to a vote.

Why would hibs voting to do so benefit Hibs?

franck sauzee
09-04-2020, 10:39 AM

Thanks

Was the idea not to pay out prize money based on the lowest possible finish and then top up later on as the positions are finalised

Springbank
09-04-2020, 10:41 AM
It comes down to money.

If Hibs are saying "let's not rush this" then that is because we can afford to do that....

..but Hearts & Rangers cant afford to hold on.

They need to pay staff & overheads in May.
They dont have cash in the bank to make payment.
They *need* the SPFL cash in April.

So the 2 clubs with most to lose here, are the 2 clubs who cant afford the time to debate it.

It will be either Hearts, or Rangers, who will make the distressed phone call to the SPFL later this month saying "ok, ok, whatever it takes, just give us the money, please"

The 90+2
Firstly, we are not finishing the season. It's just not happening despite everyone wanting that.

They will eventually call the leagues as it's the only option, at which point reconstruction will be put to a vote.

Exactly. I would assume there will be lengthy discussions or even a vote to decide at a later date for the league to conclude prematurely, eventually. That’s not on the cards at all at the moment. This is to vote on what is to happen if the season can’t finish.

Peevemor
Was the idea not to pay out prize money based on the lowest possible finish and then top up later on as the positions are finalised

The prize money for the lowest possible finish has already been paid out.

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 10:42 AM

Belgium has not done a U turn!!!

The 90+2
The prize money for the lowest possible finish has already been paid out.

No it’s not. The prize money for the three teams guaranteed to make the top 6 has been paid out. The rest got an equal share.

ancient hibee

Reconstruction will not be put to a vote as it couldn't be done in the time involved.It won't happen.

Billy Whizz
09-04-2020, 10:47 AM
No it’s not. The prize money for the three teams guaranteed to make the top 6 has been paid out. The rest got an equal share.

Difference between 7th and 4th is £400k
7th and 5th is £200k, could be the difference in paying some of the deferred payments, without it coming out of next years budget

We just to think about us

Spike Mandela
09-04-2020, 10:50 AM
And is exactly what I'm getting at with my post. They seem to believe they are untouchable no matter what they do, they seem to think they are special, they seem to think rules do not apply to them no matter the situation, they seem to believe that every one should be grateful to them for something.
**** them as a club and **** every last one if their delusional support. As a collective they are as thick as **** and have no sense if reality.
Them going down is the ONLY right and fair decision. I have said it over many threads they are not only the worst team this season but for the last 12 months where football was played. If anyone ever deserves to go down it those poppy theiving *******s

Hearts getting relegated just isn’t going to happen. The media campaign for reconstruction literally started the second the league was suspended. The media pressure from Rangers and Hearts media supporters and apologists will put pressure on the authorities to do their bidding as usual and the other clubs will buckle. Dempster. is already softening up the Hibs fans for such a scenario.

Their ‘fairness’ towards Hearts will lead to a 14 team league which will of course completely ignore the ‘unfairness’ to the 3rd anf 4th teams in the Championship play off positions. THAT is Scottish football.

Hibernianinc
09-04-2020, 10:51 AM
What’s clear is that there hasn’t been enough (any) consultation with the clubs.

Looks like it’s a “Here’s two options for you to vote for. BTW, no.1 is a right **** storm.”

It may not pass for this reason. Doesn’t mean it won’t ultimately come to calling the league over, and relegating herts. Just not right now.

My reading is this is what LD is saying, that Hibs shouldn't get bounced into a decision without a better, more informed discussion.

It does look like a bit of a mess. For example, what happens if leagues 1&2 vote for early termination, but the Championship vote against?

Lee Marvin
Reconstruction will not be put to a vote as it couldn't be done in the time involved.It won't happen.

If that's the case then good, this is no issue here and everyone (myself included) can calm down. The leagues will be called and hibs wont have to run the risk alienating their fans.

I suspect there will be a discussion around it but hopefully, like you say, there will not be a vote

jacomo

Oh dear where to start.

Do the right thing then Hearts: accept your medicine.

Threatening legal action at this time is precisely the definition on doing the wrong thing.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 10:53 AM
7th and 5th is £200k, could be the difference in paying some of the deferred payments, without it coming out of next years budget

We aren’t voting for the league to stop though.

munchar
09-04-2020, 10:53 AM
It comes down to money.

If Hibs are saying "let's not rush this" then that is because we can afford to do that....

..but Hearts & Rangers cant afford to hold on.

They need to pay staff & overheads in May.

They dont have cash in the bank to make payment.
They *need* the SPFL cash in April.

So the 2 clubs with most to lose here, are the 2 clubs who cant afford the time to debate it.

It will be either Hearts, or Rangers, who will make the distressed phone call to the SPFL later this month saying "ok, ok, whatever it takes, just give us the money, please"

This is why so many fans, not just Hibs fans are angry. The 2 teams who went bust only 7 years ago by constantly trying to buy success, are almost bust again! Once can MAYBE be seen as mismanagement from last owners BUT TWICE. Blatant cheating of the highest order. Not only that, wanting leagues voided or reconstructed, but payment of prize money before doing so, & some on here wonder why we want them down! FFS, they’re putting THEMSELVES down. It shouldn’t even be open for debate. Remember, this is the club that tried to KILL us. I am amazed that ANY fan or board member with the clubs best interests at heart would help them in any way. It’s total nonsense that we need Hearts in any way. Yes, I’d miss the Derby’s, there special occasions. But if Hearts struggling makes it easier for Hibs to be successful, I’ll settle for that.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 10:54 AM
What’s clear is that there hasn’t been enough (any) consultation with the clubs.

Looks like it’s a “Here’s two options for you to vote for. BTW, no.1 is a right **** storm.”

It may not pass for this reason. Doesn’t mean it won’t ultimately come to calling the league over, and relegating herts. Just not right now.

My reading is this is what LD is saying, that Hibs shouldn't get bounced into a decision without a better, more informed discussion.

It does look like a bit of a mess. For example, what happens if leagues 1&2 vote for early termination, but the Championship vote against?

Surely, the better, more informed discussion on the league ending will take place at a later date? This isn’t about the Prem ending, it’s the lower leagues for teams that desperately need money now.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 10:57 AM
This is why so many fans, not just Hibs fans are angry. The 2 teams who went bust only 7 years ago by constantly trying to buy success, are almost bust again! Once can MAYBE be seen as mismanagement from last owners BUT TWICE. Blatant cheating of the highest order. Not only that, wanting leagues voided or reconstructed, but payment of prize money before doing so, & some on here wonder why we want them down! FFS, they’re putting THEMSELVES down. It shouldn’t even be open for debate. Remember, this is the club that tried to KILL us. I am amazed that ANY fan or board member with the clubs best interests at heart would help them in any way. It’s total nonsense that we need Hearts in any way. Yes, I’d miss the Derby’s, there special occasions. But if Hearts struggling makes it easier for Hibs to be successful, I’ll settle for that.

Spot on.

Hibernianinc
09-04-2020, 10:57 AM
Surely, the better, more informed discussion on the league ending will take place at a later date? This isn’t about the Prem ending, it’s the lower leagues for teams that desperately need money now.

Not if they vote for it.

If there are 9 'Yays' then the Prem ends, the minute UEFA rubber stamp it.

Then you have a chat about what next season looks like......

CraigHibee
09-04-2020, 11:01 AM
hearts deserve to be relegated, they are bottom of the league for a reason

they are *****

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 11:08 AM
Not if they vote for it.

If there are 9 'Yays' then the Prem ends, the minute UEFA rubber stamp it.

Then you have a chat about what next season looks like......

Not if the clubs are against the season ending even if Uefa rubber stamp it. A lot of clubs in the top league have made it clear they prefer the season to be concluded. The SPFL is the clubs, so the clubs will decide this and not the SPFL board (where the huns have representation also).

Spike Mandela
09-04-2020, 11:09 AM

For me it’s the drip, drip effect of Hibs as doormats in Scottish football. We pay our money then discover that for years Rangers were cheating, lying to the authorities and then the authorities are complicit in the whitewash. When the call comes for an independent inquiry into the SFA’s handling of the ebt scandal the compromised Petrie and Ms Dempster with unseemly haste decide it is time to move on. Hibs just accept it

Corrupt Romanov funds Hearts with a bloated squad on fantasy wages he was never going to pay. They ‘soldier’ on whils clearly insolvent with no interference from authorities. Beating us in a final with players bought on the never never. Hibs say nothing, we just accept it.

Now in the most difficult of circumstances clubs like Hearts are squirming desperately and blatantly to take advantage of the situation and save their own skin. I have a feeling Dempster will be complicit in this endeavour. Hibs yet again just accepting their ****

Some Hibs fans, perhaps tired and cynical like me, have maybe just had enough of this corrupt entity we call Scottish football. I have paid my season ticket already but if what I suspect comes to pass, I will have severe buyers regret.

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 11:09 AM
This is my take on it:

It would be best for EVERYONE, not Hibs or Hearts etc, but the whole of Scottish football if we can finish the season. Then there’s no ifs & buts. Best team wins, worst relegated. Realistically, there seems to be no quick end to this pandemic. The only option may be to play behind closed doors? Clubs don’t want this because of lost income. Extend the season? Clubs will have players out of contract who they may not want or be able to afford to keep on, but leaves them short of numbers. Especially lower league clubs, who probably have targets already identified & agreed for next season. Clubs are also reliant on prize money which will be budgeted for. Even if it’s last prize. Again, this could be the difference of smaller clubs staying afloat or ultimately folding! It looks like the tv deal is in place, worth millions. Will this become null & void if we decide to change our structure? Or is there pressure being put on to keep all the bigger teams together for tv purposes? Logically, we should do our utmost to put next season on hold & finish this season whenever that may be. If we have to play 2/3 times weekly to catch up, so be it. They’re athletes. As said previously though, MOST clubs NEED their prize money to survive. Release some players to cut the wage bill, plan for next season. None of this can happen with the uncertainty. If we can’t start back by July/August, it should be unanimously agreed that there is no alternative but to finish as it stands. In the meantime, I’m sure we can pay all the clubs the minimum payment of last place to keep ticking over. Reconstruction etc is a disgrace, as it’s never been mentioned until now. You can’t award titles to the current best teams but not relegate the current worst teams? Play offs are different. These teams only might have a chance of success. Partick I’d feel sorry for, as they have a game in hand for safety, but the tables don’t lie. It’s not 8 games into the season where it’s a false table, but 8 to go, where nothing much is likely to change. Rangers, Hearts, Patrick, Falkirk etc are unfortunate, but all have had roughly 30 games to put themselves in a better position. Unfair they may say, but the world is unfair just now.

The Sky TV deal for next season was agreed and it did not have any conditions such as Hertz must be in the SPL, so lets NOT put that deal in any way "at risk" trying to save/accommodate Hertz!!

We have done our bit for them in any event, 50% of their total wins in the SPL were against us AND both at ER. Of the other 11 clubs in the SPL Hibs have helped them much more than any other, so do not even consider a vote for reconstruction.

Agree with you re Partick, Falkirk NO they can GTF.

The Huns & their wee cousins are trying to rock the boat (for different reasons and are best ignored.

There will be NO games in June the league must finish now and we prepare for next season.

Onion
09-04-2020, 11:10 AM
Hearts getting relegated just isn’t going to happen. The media campaign for reconstruction literally started the second the league was suspended. The media pressure from Rangers and Hearts media supporters and apologists will put pressure on the authorities to do their bidding as usual and the other clubs will buckle. Dempster. is already softening up the Hibs fans for such a scenario.

Their ‘fairness’ towards Hearts will lead to a 14 team league which will of course completely ignore the ‘unfairness’ to the 3rd anf 4th teams in the Championship play off positions. THAT is Scottish football.

And it will be called the Scottish Premiership - a brand new league competition, with new TV deal - and deny Celtic the opportunity to win their coveted 10 in a Row :greengrin

Hibernianinc
09-04-2020, 11:12 AM
Not if the clubs are against the season ending even if Uefa rubber stamp it. A lot of clubs in the top league have made it clear they prefer the season to be concluded. The SPFL is the clubs, so the clubs will decide this and not the SPFL board (where the huns have representation also).

We're agreeing.

It's over if the clubs vote for it. It's not if they don't.

This is a call for the clubs. What LD is saying is 'Do we have to decide now?"

The Board have linked payments to the decision, which may be contractual. This may force the hand of some....

Billy Whizz
09-04-2020, 11:13 AM
For me it’s the drip, drip effect of Hibs as doormats in Scottish football. We pay our money then discover that for years Rangers were cheating, lying to the authorities and then the authorities are complicit in the whitewash. When the call comes for an independent inquiry into the SFA’s handling of the ebt scandal the compromised Petrie and Ms Dempster with unseemly haste decide it is time to move on. Hibs just accept it

Corrupt Romanov funds Hearts with a bloated squad on fantasy wages he was never going to pay. They ‘soldier’ on whils clearly insolvent with no interference from authorities. Beating us in a final with players bought on the never never. Hibs say nothing, we just accept it.

Now in the most difficult of circumstances clubs like Hearts are squirming desperately and blatantly to take advantage of the situation and save their own skin. I have a feeling Dempster will be complicit in this endeavour. Hibs yet again just accepting their ****

Some Hibs fans, perhaps tired and cynical like me, have maybe just had enough of this corrupt entity we call Scottish football. I have paid my season ticket already but if what I suspect comes to pass, I will have severe buyers regret.

Good post Spike

sean04
09-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Reconstruction won’t happen. Sky have signed a deal for 4 old firm games a season. Tv deal is everything to the premier league. Sky don’t want to show Inverness against Ross county

Ozyhibby

Summed up perfectly. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Skol
I would love it if after all this fuss we agreed to finish the season whenever we can and after that Hearts get relegated anyway.

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 11:19 AM

We have had our chance to catch Livi/Aberdeen and ****ed it up just as the Hertz had their chances to catch teams above them!

The season is done, no "behind closed doors" games, or further delays to decisions will help resolve/change this!

munchar
09-04-2020, 11:19 AM

So it’s all about Hearts & The Rangers, not Scottish football as a whole. They 2 want to continue, even though the majority of clubs in Scotland can’t survive financially? Why don’t the powers that be release a statement saying both they clubs have a massive fan base, no bank debt, so no need to be in this financial position. When your signing £7million players, or giving wages of 8k & 6k on long term deals, did you not realise you couldn’t sustain it without success? ***** them both! Take your medicine like the rest of us have had to do in the past.

MikeyS
09-04-2020, 11:26 AM

I really cant see reconstruction being an option the majority will vote for. Livi, Hamilton, RC, Killie, Mwell all need 3 or 4 OF games a season to survive and probably more inportantly the TV companies aren't going to be keen on limited OF games.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 11:28 AM
We're agreeing.

It's over if the clubs vote for it. It's not if they don't.

This is a call for the clubs. What LD is saying is 'Do we have to decide now?"

The Board have linked payments to the decision, which may be contractual. This may force the hand of some....

It’s not over for the Prem’ if the clubs vote this going through tomorrow. I believe that will go to a separate vote or at the very least when there’s medical and scientific evidence that the league won’t be concluded by July. We need to start the new season as close to Aug as possible for the Sky deal. They aren’t just going to say “aye just play the remaining games from last year in aug, BT can show them lads”

Barney McGrew
09-04-2020, 11:31 AM
Another thought.

If we do string it out and then vote for reconstruction, then we’ll probably be sharing Tv and sponsorship money with 13 other teams rather than 11. That won’t benefit any of the other Premiership teams other than a ‘saved’ Hertz, who would still get more than they would in the Championship.

That may well play into several clubs thinking, especially those with a much lower budget like St Mirren or Hamilton.

Chorley Hibee
09-04-2020, 11:32 AM

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Let them off the hook and they resume cheating once again.

The cheating that will then have a detrimental effect upon Hibs, due to missing out on players, lower league position, poorer results - as previous occasions have shown.

A weaker Hearts/Huns equal more chance of success.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 11:33 AM
So it’s all about Hearts & The Rangers, not Scottish football as a whole. They 2 want to continue, even though the majority of clubs in Scotland can’t survive financially? Why don’t the powers that be release a statement saying both they clubs have a massive fan base, no bank debt, so no need to be in this financial position. When your signing £7million players, or giving wages of 8k & 6k on long term deals, did you not realise you couldn’t sustain it without success? ***** them both! Take your medicine like the rest of us have had to do in the past.

The majority of the Prem would like to conclude the season. I think the lower leagues need the cash now that’s why the vote is for the lower leagues only.

The rest, when it is decided and declared the season won’t be able to continue at a later date, I completely agree with. Hearts and huns want the league to continue but want cash now. They as usual want best of both worlds and spout **** the loudest.

Bostonhibby
09-04-2020, 11:35 AM

Some Hibs fans, perhaps tired and cynical like me, have maybe just had enough of this corrupt entity we call Scottish football. I have paid my season ticket already but if what I suspect comes to pass, I will have severe buyers regret.Really good post.

Sadly I think this is very close to where we'll end up, it chips away at my enjoyment of the league the club I love play in.

Since452
09-04-2020, 11:35 AM
Both big huns and wee huns can go and fling ***** at themselves

percy veer
09-04-2020, 11:39 AM
From the Guardian. Lovely stuff;

"The Scottish Professional Football League aims to crown Celtic as champions and relegate Heart of Midlothian after 23 April, the earliest date Uefa is willing to accept for the abandonment of top divisions.A meeting between the league’s board and clubs on Wednesday resulted in the recommendation of a resolution for a vote in each of the four divisions on whether to end their season as it stands, with places allocated on an average points-per-game basis.

Nine of the 12 Premiership clubs would need to vote in favour, and the SPFL, having canvassed opinion, is understood to be fully confident of it passing. Votes will be collated before the start of next week.

A subsequent delay in abandoning the top-flight campaign would then be expected in order to follow Uefa guidance. The European game’s governing body has warned of possible restrictions (https://viewer.gutools.co.uk/football/2020/apr/03/clubs-risk-champions-league-exclusion-if-seasons-abandoned-prematurely-uefa) to Champions League and Europa League entry if member associations abandon seasons prematurely. The SPFL does not regard that as a serious risk but is anxious not to antagonise Uefa.

The Hearts owner, Ann Budge, has spoken of legal action should the league demote her club, who are four points adrift with eight games to play. Rangers have publicly spoken out against any early finish to the campaign and did so again on Wednesday afternoon.

“It is abhorrent that certain clubs could be unfairly relegated if the current SPFL proposals were implemented,” read an Ibrox statement, which added: “The consequences of forcing through change without due care and attention will have severe consequences for the Scottish game.”
Rangers insist “the 2019-20 season is only complete when all 38 games have been played to a finish”.

Under the average-points plan, only Hibernian and St Johnstone – currently sixth and seventh respectively – would change places.
Dundee United will be promoted to Scotland’s top division if Championship clubs pass their element of the resolution. That element may hold the key to the SPFL’s plans, with several clubs considering their options. It also irked Championship boards that the league issued a statement as their occasionally feisty round of talks were ongoing.

The bottom two divisions are expected to back an immediate end to their seasons, with 15 from 20 needing to agree in a combined vote. Brechin City, otherwise consigned to a play-off to save their spot in League Two, would be saved.

One glimmer of hope for Hearts - and Partick Thistle, who would be relegated from the Championship - came in an SPFL statement. “If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with clubs over the possibility of league restructuring ahead of season 2020-21,” it read. That prospect, primarily of a 14-team Premiership as mooted by Budge on Wednesday, is currently viewed by insiders as remote.
Numerous clubs across Scotland have been keen for the season to be defined so as to release prize money, issued on the basis of placings.
Neil Doncaster, the league’s chief executive, said: “We are keen to work with Uefa and remain in discussion with them over the situation in Scotland. The quicker we reach a final position the better.”

Clubs were informed of a necessity to start the 2020-21 Premiership season on the first Saturday in August, as part of Sky Sports’ new and exclusive live television deal. That campaign has therefore been granted priority, even though there is no guarantee of football in early August.
The Scottish FA hopes to complete the 2019-20 Scottish Cup, currently at the semi-final phase, possibly as the opening games of “next” season.

Aberdeen, fourth in the Premiership, would have a possible route to the Europa League only via the cup but it is understood they could instead be put forward by the Scottish FA on the basis of league position"

So their hopes rest on US voting against, due to finishing 7th not 6th what would those mutants say......PLEASING.

FilipinoHibs
09-04-2020, 11:44 AM
Spot on.

Yup relegate the thieves and cheats.

greenpaper55
09-04-2020, 11:46 AM
How can we finish this season when players have not kicked a ball in earnest for nearly four weeks ? there have been warnings that players will be injured as they would need a pre season to get up to full fitness again, this would be after the lock down is finished whenever that is and you must have every player tested on the day of the game that they are not carrying the virus ! Let's face it it's not going to happen anytime soon and to try and extend the season means you upset the new SKY deal that is due to start next August with a twelve team league.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 11:59 AM
How can we finish this season when players have not kicked a ball in earnest for nearly four weeks ? there have been warnings that players will be injured as they would need a pre season to get up to full fitness again, this would be after the lock down is finished whenever that is and you must have every player tested on the day of the game that they are not carrying the virus ! Let's face it it's not going to happen anytime soon and to try and extend the season means you upset the new SKY deal that is due to start next August with a twelve team league.

All true and logical. But let’s vote against ending the lower leagues right away in case it might scupper a miracle in the season being played out in the next couple of months with unfit players and depleted squads.

Hibernianinc
09-04-2020, 12:02 PM
It’s not over for the Prem’ if the clubs vote this going through tomorrow. I believe that will go to a separate vote or at the very least when there’s medical and scientific evidence that the league won’t be concluded by July. We need to start the new season as close to Aug as possible for the Sky deal. They aren’t just going to say “aye just play the remaining games from last year in aug, BT can show them lads”

Again, agree re the 2nd bit.

But, if the clubs votes 'yes' tomorrow I can't see how they'd re-run the vote, unless UEFA influence.

AltheHibby
09-04-2020, 12:15 PM
Both big huns and wee huns can go and fling ***** at themselves

That made me laugh more than it should!!:greengrin

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Again, agree re the 2nd bit.

But, if the clubs votes 'yes' tomorrow I can't see how they'd re-run the vote, unless UEFA influence.

I think it would be the fairest way when it’s confirmed the season couldn’t reach any kind of natural conclusion. The SPFL board aren’t going to upset the majority of the league who want it concluded without any kind of vote or at least evidence it can’t be concluded by Aug.

Hibeesmad
09-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Hearts relegated yet?

Greenworld
09-04-2020, 12:26 PM
The majority of the Prem would like to conclude the season. I think the lower leagues need the cash now that’s why the vote is for the lower leagues only.

The rest, when it is decided and declared the season won’t be able to continue at a later date, I completely agree with. Hearts and huns want the league to continue but want cash now. They as usual want best of both worlds and spout **** the loudest.The vote is for all leagues at least that's my reading of it.
The spfl then do not need to go back to the premier clubs to make the final call on the premier league . They have the vote and power. Like others I think it will be called after the 23rd April .
I have not read anything to suggest other premier clubs want to stagger on blindly.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
09-04-2020, 12:59 PM
Text from my mate I wont take the credit

Can you imagine those 2 teams having the cheek to talk about integrity & morals 😱

Why is there not a team calling them out and making a statement to put them in there place

Rangers are never catching Celtic, and Hearts have been the worst team in Scotland for a year &1/2

I wish it was possible for Celtic to dig there heals in and insist that the games should be played, forget next season - put Rangers and Hearts in their place.
If Scottish fitba allow Hearts to weasel out of the drop I may give up on fitba, if it's league reconstruction it has to be 3up and 1 down

Remember Levein wishing that the ball hadn't crossed the line at Tynie coz that would have made the decision to award their goal even sweeter, karmas a bitch, I hope they **** get relegated then I hope they go out of business then I hope auld bagpuss falls a sleep on her Hearts cushion in her big windae for the next 40 years

Integrity, morals, can't believe what I'm hearing from those *****

PEOPLE IN GLASS CURTAINS SHOULD NEVER THROW STONES‎

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 01:20 PM
The vote is for all leagues at least that's my reading of it.
The spfl then do not need to go back to the premier clubs to make the final call on the premier league . They have the vote and power. Like others I think it will be called after the 23rd April .
I have not read anything to suggest other premier clubs want to stagger on blindly.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

It’s a vote on the lower leagues season to end. It’s nothing to do with the Prem season ending. I’ve listened to various chairman and officials from most clubs indicating they want the season to be concluded. That will be decided at a later date.

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 01:20 PM
Text from my mate I wont take the credit

Can you imagine those 2 teams having the cheek to talk about integrity & morals 😱

Why is there not a team calling them out and making a statement to put them in there place

Rangers are never catching Celtic, and Hearts have been the worst team in Scotland for a year &1/2

I wish it was possible for Celtic to dig there heals in and insist that the games should be played, forget next season - put Rangers and Hearts in their place.
If Scottish fitba allow Hearts to weasel out of the drop I may give up on fitba, if it's league reconstruction it has to be 3up and 1 down

Remember Levein wishing that the ball hadn't crossed the line at Tynie coz that would have made the decision to award their goal even sweeter, karmas a bitch, I hope they **** get relegated then I hope they go out of business then I hope auld bagpuss falls a sleep on her Hearts cushion in her big windae for the next 40 years

Integrity, morals, can't believe what I'm hearing from those *****

PEOPLE IN GLASS CURTAINS SHOULD NEVER THROW STONES‎

Nice one Sammy (and your mate).

Dashing Bob S
09-04-2020, 01:24 PM
Send 'em down!

jimbob07
09-04-2020, 02:06 PM
Send 'em down!

Absolutely

147lothian
09-04-2020, 02:14 PM
Dempeter gives it a bit thought and decides reconstructing the leaugue is out because we have agreed a deal for next year with sky which has to include 4 OF games, UEFA need to know by April 23rd and Dundee United have already been promoted.

I can see no other viable solution, send them down!

Hillsidehibby
09-04-2020, 02:20 PM
Does anyone think there will be the slightest bit of humility from them if they are saved from the drop?

Not a chance.

They will be celebrating like **** and laughing in our faces.

Send 'em down

JimBHibees
09-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Dempeter gives it a bit thought and decides reconstructing the leaugue is out because we have agreed a deal for next year with sky which has to include 4 OF games, UEFA need to know by April 23rd and Dundee United have already been promoted.

I can see no other viable solution, send them down!

Which imo is more than likely going to be the outcome.