PDA

View Full Version : Yams The generic Hearts thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Brummie_Hibs
13-12-2019, 04:14 PM
Poor and classless.No need.
Thought it was quite clever and funny myself.

Sudds_1
13-12-2019, 04:19 PM
Uuugh

OMG that image may never go away! 🤢🤢

1van Sprou7e
13-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Poor and classless.No need.

You may have missed the joke there, and if not I'd hardly say it's classless compared to what he replied to!

ancient hibee
13-12-2019, 05:02 PM
No but I have seen the size of her f—-y about 6 foot with a greybeard and glasses

Thought it was quite clever and funny myself.

You may have missed the joke there, and if not I'd hardly say it's classless compared to what he replied to!

You're right.I don't do jokes at Christmas.:greengrin

Cataplana
13-12-2019, 05:40 PM
"Anyway **** em..the media will always criticise hearts because of sheer jealousy about us as a club, our stadium, our history, our beautiful city and our position as the biggest most successful team in that beautiful city."

You have to feel sorry for these guys.

HoboHarry
13-12-2019, 05:41 PM
"Anyway **** em..the media will always criticise hearts because of sheer jealousy about us as a club, our stadium, our history, our beautiful city and our position as the biggest most successful team in that beautiful city."

You have to feel sorry for these guys.
You must be infinitely more charitable than I am.

jacomo
13-12-2019, 06:25 PM
It's amazing that Levein didn't introduce himself to the guy before showing him round. I wonder who Stendel thought he was?

“Don’t you know who I am?” asked the famous world class defender turned manager turned football overlord. He was joking of course - his glittering career and enormous medal haul meant EVERYBODY knew who he was.

“Are you the waiter?” replied Stendel. His head was killing him and he really needed a drink to take the edge off.

Levein huffed. This relationship was not getting off to a good start...

Joe6-2
13-12-2019, 07:05 PM
No but I have seen the size of her f—-y about 6 foot with a greybeard and glasses

😂😂😂

Dan Sarf
13-12-2019, 07:20 PM
It's amazing that Levein didn't introduce himself to the guy before showing him round. I wonder who Stendel thought he was?

"Vot is your name?"

"Don't tell him, Levein!"

:greengrin

Carheenlea
13-12-2019, 07:38 PM
"Vot is your name?"

"Don't tell him, Levein!"

:greengrin

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Stendal?
If you think we’re on the run,
We are the boys from the Leith San Siro,
We are the boys who ****ed you seven zero

Waxy
13-12-2019, 07:38 PM
OMG that image may never go away! 🤢🤢

Lets face it. They’ve probably done stuff.

HoboHarry
13-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Lets face it. They’ve probably done hings.
Fixed that for you.....

ACLeith
13-12-2019, 07:48 PM

That cheered me up David

Col2
13-12-2019, 08:06 PM
What the **** is this

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/what-gegenpressing-and-how-will-daniel-stendel-implement-it-hearts-1341054

They are all getting excited about genitalprodding or something like that. Liverpool, Man City and Barcelona do it so must be a natural fit for Berra and co.

Aldo
13-12-2019, 08:16 PM
What the **** is this

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/what-gegenpressing-and-how-will-daniel-stendel-implement-it-hearts-1341054

They are all getting excited about genitalprodding or something like that. Liverpool, Man City and Barcelona do it so must be a natural fit for Berra and co.

Klopp, Pep, Liverpool, City and Barcelona all mentioned in the article yet by all accounts they don’t currently have the quality of players to play that type of football so players out before players in.

You couldn’t make this up. Did the EEN run story after story about Jack Ross! Cannot remember seeing as many as they get printed.

I really want them to get pumped tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart93
13-12-2019, 08:27 PM
Klopp, Pep, Liverpool, City and Barcelona all mentioned in the article yet by all accounts they don’t currently have the quality of players to play that type of football so players out before players in.

You couldn’t make this up. Did the EEN run story after story about Jack Ross! Cannot remember seeing as many as they get printed.

Yep. EEN is the jambo PR machine.

Waxy
13-12-2019, 08:28 PM
Fixed that for you.....

They’ve been places and done hings.Like the broom cupboard.
Billy Broon kens.

Col2
13-12-2019, 08:32 PM

Levein must be raging. He must wonder when his Hoofmanpunting approach will be used again.

St Johnstone are terrible so would be surprised if they don’t get a win tomorrow. Best game for them as saints are shocking.

FilipinoHibs
13-12-2019, 08:34 PM

Closing your man down. Think we see Hibs do that much better under Ross. Now there is a fancy name for it.

Aldo
13-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Levein must be raging. He must wonder when his Hoofmanpunting approach will be used again.

St Johnstone are terrible so would be surprised if they don’t get a win tomorrow. Best game for them as saints are shocking.

Indeed he must be. Yeah I know St Johnstone are woeful and tbh and don’t expect them to get anything but I want the yams beaten every game.

Aldo
13-12-2019, 08:36 PM
Closing your man down. Think we see Hibs do that much better under Ross. Now there is a fancy name for it.

Yip and one if the the EEN yo run more positive propaganda about something down Tiny way. Maybe the capacity of the best stadium in Britain dome or when it might get finished!

SMAXXA
13-12-2019, 08:52 PM
The EEN is an embarrassment these days so hearts biased and full of slavering maroon tinted virgins with a notepad, pen and picture of rudi on their desks. No offence to virgins intended.

Topographic Hibby
13-12-2019, 09:11 PM
The EEN is an embarrassment these days so hearts biased and full of slavering maroon tinted virgins with a notepad, pen and picture of rudi on their desks. No offence to virgins intended.That made me chuckle...!!

Virgins....:greengrin

Bostonhibby
13-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Indeed he must be. Yeah I know St Johnstone are woeful and tbh and don’t expect them to get anything but I want the yams beaten every game.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAs a result of a couple of other bets going right.

All proceeds to Leithlinks if Stendal/Levein/McPhee/Kirk/Daly/uncle Tom Cobleigh and all fail to deliver as a managerial team.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191213/8dc8de3d98896176abcaff69bd857183.jpg

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Aldo
13-12-2019, 09:23 PM
As a result of a couple of other bets going right.

All proceeds to Leithlinks if Stendal/Levein/McPhee/Kirk/Daly/uncle Tom Cobleigh and all fail to deliver as a managerial team.

Nice! [emoji106]

Aldo
13-12-2019, 09:25 PM
The EEN is an embarrassment these days so hearts biased and full of slavering maroon tinted virgins with a notepad, pen and picture of rudi on their desks. No offence to virgins intended.

So it’s not just me!! Thought I was getting paranoid!

Btw your post made me chuckle!

13-12-2019, 09:29 PM
What the **** is this

Gegenpressing will work for them as well as Heckinpressing worked for us.

13-12-2019, 09:32 PM
As a result of a couple of other bets going right.

Only getting 3/1 on St Johnstone winning at Tynecastle is a reflection of how bad Hearts are at the moment.

Bostonhibby
13-12-2019, 09:35 PM
Gegenpressing will work for them as well as Heckinpressing worked for us.The poor sap just got caught by a journalist whilst he was sitting at the end of a bar in gorgie having his 5th pint of lager and wondering WTF you do with a pickled egg so he just made a word up, Gegenpressing.

Banderson went straight to press with this latest first for the megastanders and the rest is history.

EskbankHibby
13-12-2019, 10:07 PM
What the **** is this

I’ve been watching that Formula 1 stuff on the telly and really fancy it, how hard can it be? Driving an that.

Took my Qashqai 1.5l diesel to the Nurburgring and apparently did the slowest lap ever recorded there. Can’t believe it man.

It’s almost as if knowing how to drive and having the equipment that allows you to drive doesn’t actually mean you can polish a turd.

Imagine my disappointment.

Joe6-2
13-12-2019, 10:42 PM

So are they!
It is a pity tho it’s his first game, but you never know!

Joe6-2
13-12-2019, 10:43 PM

None taken

SMAXXA
13-12-2019, 11:29 PM
None taken

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👏

Springbank
14-12-2019, 06:08 AM
Think it's time we had a Pet Shop Boys tune on the go for the upcoming derby over in Gorgie

"We're East End Boys in a dead end world
Jack Ross 1 Stendel nil
Stendel nil"

green day
14-12-2019, 07:50 AM
What the **** is this

Its what passes for print journalism these days. i.e. take the germ of a story, google it, cut and paste what you think are the relevant bits and publish it.

Utter drivel.

Scotland used to produce some really excellent sports journalists but sadly they are very thin on the ground these days.

Aldo
14-12-2019, 08:12 AM
Its what passes for print journalism these days. i.e. take the germ of a story, google it, cut and paste what you think are the relevant bits and publish it.

Utter drivel.

Scotland used to produce some really excellent sports journalists but sadly they are very thin on the ground these days.

Aka Lazy Journalism.

Every time they do something ie build a new mega stand (which btw is not finished.) or get a new manager the EEN write it up like they were the first to think of it. They seem to hang on every word spoken by Budgie.

They can have it btw. Pandering to the hordes to keep them sweet!

AlbertK86
14-12-2019, 08:25 AM
The weirdo that is Joel Sked is the worst at veiled digs about Hibs in the EEN

Jack
14-12-2019, 09:34 AM
Aka Lazy Journalism.

Every time they do something ie build a new mega stand (which btw is not finished.) or get a new manager the EEN write it up like they were the first to think of it. They seem to hang on every word spoken by Budgie.

They can have it btw. Pandering to the hordes to keep them sweet!

If only they gave Hibs the same we'd be lapping it up instead of leaving it on the shelf.

Aldo
14-12-2019, 09:45 AM
If only they gave Hibs the same we'd be lapping it up instead of leaving it on the shelf.

I don’t want the EEN printing pish day in day out about Hibs... not like that mob... spoon feeding Banderson and co ....look at us look what we are doing... we are the greatest... we’ve got the greatest stadium ever.... we’ve got a manger whose just like Pep and Klopp blah blah blah!!! Every single day!

Kojock
14-12-2019, 09:49 AM
Stendel speaking to the players in the dressing room.

“ gegenpressing', which translates as counter-pressing. It's sometimes misunderstood, however. Counter-pressing isn't to pressing what counter-attacking is to attacking. It's not necessarily countering a press, but pressing a counter."

Cue tumbleweed.

Dan Sarf
14-12-2019, 09:51 AM

:top marks

Since452
14-12-2019, 09:51 AM
Gegenpressing worked a treat at Barnsley this season

Stuart93
14-12-2019, 09:57 AM
Watch hearts win against a piss poor saints side and the EEN go into overdrive about how good stendel is

Cataplana
14-12-2019, 09:59 AM
Watch hearts win against a piss poor saints side and the EEN go into overdrive about how good stendel is

I would just love it if Saints win today.

Stuart93
14-12-2019, 10:05 AM

A really can’t see it. Even with Levein or McPhee in charge I think they’d piss it today

Cataplana
14-12-2019, 10:19 AM
A really can’t see it. Even with Levein or McPhee in charge I think they’d piss it today

I would still love it if they did.

Stuart93
14-12-2019, 10:27 AM
I would still love it if they did.

Aw absolutely

Since452
14-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Stendel has literally the easiest start possible. If they don't win today then they'll be panicking a bit for what lies ahead. Fwiw I think they'll win by a few and he'll be the best thing since sliced bread

SMAXXA
14-12-2019, 10:34 AM

I am in the minority that think hearts won’t beat St J today

Cataplana
14-12-2019, 10:39 AM

They don't deserve to, so I would just love it if Saints beat them.

All this talk of Geggenpress shows how deluded they are about the state of their basket case club.

I would really love it if Saints beat them today.

Gloucester Hibs
14-12-2019, 10:41 AM

Bookies agree, you can get pretty close to evens on a home win. Might be worth a few quid and view it as a no-lose gamble, if you can bring yourself to bet on them!

hibees 7062
14-12-2019, 10:41 AM
I am in the minority that think hearts won’t beat St J today No I’m in the same boat as you

hibees 7062
14-12-2019, 10:45 AM
What the **** is this

It’s maybe a Banderson thing ie Gingerpressing

Jack
14-12-2019, 10:49 AM
I don’t want the EEN printing pish day in day out about Hibs... not like that mob... spoon feeding Banderson and co ....look at us look what we are doing... we are the greatest... we’ve got the greatest stadium ever.... we’ve got a manger whose just like Pep and Klopp blah blah blah!!! Every single day!

The EEN are fed that by them. I'm quite sure if Hibs were given the same access and a Hibs compliant reporter there would be a different tact/style.

ancient hibee
14-12-2019, 10:50 AM
It’s a fancy name for the way we played again not Celtic when Rodgers was there.Get in amongst their central defenders and rattle them.Easy stuff given fancy title.

Stuart93
14-12-2019, 11:02 AM
It’s a fancy name for the way we played again not Celtic when Rodgers was there.Get in amongst their central defenders and rattle them.Easy stuff given fancy title.

Well aye this is it. It’s just a fancy name for pressing high up the park and winning the ball as ASAP when you lose it.

JimBHibees
14-12-2019, 11:09 AM

Agree will be a struggle. Saints are giving many more goals than normal however imo have a half decent squad and surprised they are doing so poorly. Could see a score draw.

hibeerealist
14-12-2019, 11:14 AM

lol too much info there

KeithTheHibby
14-12-2019, 11:36 AM
We need to remember Hearts are dug ***** so no matter what kind of formation / press they play there is no guarantee of results. They are down the bottom of the league mid December for a reason.
McPhee couldn't get anything from that squad so why should Stendel?

Aldo
14-12-2019, 11:38 AM
The EEN are fed that by them. I'm quite sure if Hibs were given the same access and a Hibs compliant reporter there would be a different tact/style.

Indeed they are but come on even the amount of ***** and drivel about everything is OTT!

Chat of Pep/Klopp with the mention of City and Liverpool. Desperate times mean desperate measures I suppose!

It’s not even the access I wouldn’t want Hibs to go down that desperate route.

Eyrie
14-12-2019, 11:42 AM

True, but it wouldn't have the same impact because we're not as gullible as the Hearts support.

hibeerealist
14-12-2019, 12:23 PM
We need to remember Hearts are dug ***** so no matter what kind of formation / press they play there is no guarantee of results. They are down the bottom of the league mid December for a reason.
McPhee couldn't get anything from that squad so why should Stendel?

IF they don’t win today they are in real trouble

Hibs4185
14-12-2019, 12:35 PM
Half their players are injured all the time, and thats playing hoof ball from Berra to Uche all the time, so I can’t wait until they all have to run an extra 10km each during a game!

Naismith will last 2 games instead of 4.

Baader
14-12-2019, 12:42 PM
That EEN article is just laughable. A tactical insight for a support who are used to watching a football repeatedly travel 80 yards in the air...

This bit is especially good:
"The German coach has the players, and by all accounts they subscribe to his approach and his tactical set-up."

It works well when you have the calibre of players like Mane, Firminho and Salah. Not so sure the likes of Uche Ikpeazu and 50 year old Stevie Maclean will press as well...

James Stephen
14-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Well aye this is it. It’s just a fancy name for pressing high up the park and winning the ball as ASAP when you lose it.

I'm not sure it's a fancy name, just a German one!

Pagan Hibernia
14-12-2019, 01:04 PM
New manager bounce will see them win today. Comfortably.

i think Stendel will do well for them but it’ll be next season before they reap the benefits. You can’t polish a turd. And that’s one hell of a turd their team is this year. Still cant believe we let them walk out of leith with a victory under their belts.

Waxy
14-12-2019, 01:45 PM
New manager bounce will see them win today. Comfortably.

i think Stendel will do well for them but it’ll be next season before they reap the benefits. You can’t polish a turd. And that’s one hell of a turd their team is this year. Still cant believe we let them walk out of leith with a victory under their belts.
Lucky deflection. They must be due a bit bad luck. Maybe today?

ShadesLongThrow
14-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Fantastic pic of Stendel on the BBC Scotland Sport home page. If that’s not a drinkers nose, I don’t know what is.

Waxy
14-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Cant see old eggshell hamstrings Naismith and ikpeazmountain running around pressing like headless chickens for 90 mins.

1van Sprou7e
14-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Cant see old eggshell hamstrings Naismith and ikpeazmountain running around pressing like headless chickens for 90 mins.

That's probably why they're playing a 20 year old up top

Hibby70
14-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Watching the game on IPTV and the camera zoomed in on Wright. The stand behind him looks about 50 years old, it's all rusting down the front.

Hibs4185
14-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Watching the game on IPTV and the camera zoomed in on Wright. The stand behind him looks about 50 years old, it's all rusting down the front.

Jealous hobo

hibbyfraelibby
14-12-2019, 02:31 PM

What a verminous comment to make....

SMAXXA
14-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Both teams have been garbage that goalie for hearts has looked well dodgey

Coco Bryce
14-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Shocking 1st half at Tynie. Crowd look bored ****less.

No new manager bounce there then

stoneyburn hibs
14-12-2019, 02:54 PM
O'Halloran late winner.

The Spaceman
14-12-2019, 03:34 PM
Get in St J. Stendel must stay. Great start for Hearts at home against one of the worst teams in the league by a distance.

I cannot wait for our Boxing Day game against them. Gengenpress against Flo, Doidge, Allan and Boyle will be a disaster for Hearts.

Coco Bryce
14-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Hearts are truly woeful. Pleasing.

Weegreenman
14-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Ha ha

Coco Bryce
14-12-2019, 03:52 PM
1st away win for nearly a year for St Johnstone 😂 😂

Keith_M
14-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Hearts down to 11th?

Brummie_Hibs
14-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Staypressen - playing football which results in you staying at the bottom of the league.

we are hibs
14-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Wouldnt it be neighbourly of us if we compiled a wee dossier of local pubs in places like Alloa and the likes for the jambos next season.

#respecttherivalry

Since452
14-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Poundshop Klopp

CentreLine
14-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Hearts down to 11th?

Good chance they’ll be bottom by Wednesday night 👍🏻

SanFranHibs
14-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Good chance they’ll be bottom by Wednesday night 👍🏻

hope we don't soften Celtic up too much for them.

wallpaperman
14-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Couple of cans, big bag of Doritos and i’ll head over to Kickback later for an hour of priceless entertainment.

A Hi-Bee
14-12-2019, 04:01 PM
HaHaHaHaHahaHaHaHa, ma side are ****ing sair as ever **** the Hertz

Hibs90
14-12-2019, 04:03 PM
https://scontent.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/79339544_3938517902832361_5794567084587352064_n.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQnTm8BqMG7aiaV_Grl0tZWvQvP2SD6LxBBRfatELv7 3eqhqaxDs3dOks_CYIqZZUgI&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-1.fna&oh=41a857f1fee1b8eb77d64e4a0751d487&oe=5E79268E

MagicSwirlingShip
14-12-2019, 04:04 PM
@JKBMeltdown on twitter makes fun reading tonight

Keith_M
14-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Played

GD

St Johnstone

Hearts

Hamilton

wallpaperman
14-12-2019, 04:07 PM
https://scontent.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/79339544_3938517902832361_5794567084587352064_n.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQnTm8BqMG7aiaV_Grl0tZWvQvP2SD6LxBBRfatELv7 3eqhqaxDs3dOks_CYIqZZUgI&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-1.fna&oh=41a857f1fee1b8eb77d64e4a0751d487&oe=5E79268E

Superb!

A Hi-Bee
14-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Played
GD

St Johnstone

Hearts

Hamilton

I would have to say that Hamilton and St Johnstone look the safest out of that 3

SanFranHibs
14-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Preston on BBC.

"They should be competing for Europe. They're a million miles away"

"St Johnstone deserved to win"

And a few other plaintive utterings.

But he thinks if Hearts don't win soon they "could" go on a bad run. Could?

The Captain....
14-12-2019, 04:09 PM
The level of delusion on Kickback this week was astounding. Anyone questioning the appointment was supposedly " jealous of the famous" and the media are all against Hearts as 'we are a threat to the OF'.

Regardless of their manager having a drink problem ( for his sake I hope.not) he hasn't managed a win in his last 11 games. That is bound to attract scrutiny and analysis. Losing (deservedly according to radio) to a team who haven't won away for a calendar year is a disastrous start. Long.may it continue.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Coco Bryce
14-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Stendel won't be there long...

Baader
14-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Great start. Carrying on that good run of managerial form to 11 games without a win. Keep up the good work Danny Boy and we will be buying you drinks down the pub.

Since452
14-12-2019, 04:14 PM
He'll be getting pished tonight

stoneyburn hibs
14-12-2019, 04:15 PM
They're in a proper dogfight now.

SanFranHibs

Listening to him right now. Already giving a Hecky interview. "We need more help from the crowd". Not appreciating the 'sardonic' Scottish humour?

Already just hoping the injured players are better quality than those who played.

Flanny boy
Aye but they’re still the big team still the famous and the wee team are still in their shadow right?.Have a safe journey to Alloa us bunch eh ****** bunch eh good for nothing tossers

HFC_NYC
14-12-2019, 04:17 PM

I know I shouldn't, but that comment genuinely made me laugh out loud.

makaveli1875
14-12-2019, 04:17 PM
I thought they were going to win today with St Johnstones away form , pleasantly surprised . Didnt sound like they did much pressing , have they unearthed the German Hecky

Since452
14-12-2019, 04:18 PM
This was my hope. They've appointed a guy who can't steady a sinking ship. Happened at Barnsley (who scored 5 today). That was their new manager bounce, a defeat at home to a hopeless St Johnstone. Leveins fault though...

GreenCastle
14-12-2019, 04:19 PM
Just listened to his interview.

Guy sounds like he’s struggling already and that’s after only 1 game.

Going to be fun watching this fall apart further.

Glad we got Ross someone who knows the Scottish set up and what’s expected - not trying to blag it.

SMAXXA
14-12-2019, 04:20 PM
I didn’t fancy them to win today said it earlier, they think this guy is going to come in and be the saviour I can’t see it with that group of players.

stoneyburn hibs
14-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Just listened to his interview.

Guy sounds like he’s struggling already and that’s after only 1 game.

Going to be fun watching this fall apart further.

Glad we got Ross someone who knows the Scottish set up and what’s expected - not trying to blag it.

Listened to it too, I'd be worried if I was a Hearts fan.
This is great looking outside in.

14-12-2019, 04:25 PM

He'll be checking his contract to see if there's a cooling off period. Even if there isn't he could go and get a job somewhere else whilst still under contract to Hearts.

Dalianwanda
14-12-2019, 04:26 PM
gengenpress, gengenpress, gengenpress all the way, oh what fun it is to **** the hearts on boxing day 💚

WoreTheGreen
14-12-2019, 04:29 PM
Vorsprung fkdup

Green_one
14-12-2019, 04:29 PM
They're in a proper dogfight now.

Obviously I do not want to add to their pain but come the derby, there is a reasonable chance that:

1. They will be bottom of the league
2. Hibs will have TWICE as many points. If not, then certainly a double figure lead
3. Their position looks generally poorer with no new management bounce and being isolated at the bottom

Now I could be wrong and they could stuff Celtic in their next game but the fact is the above is not improbable. Pleasing

04Sauzee
14-12-2019, 04:30 PM
They will be shelling out a fortune in January. Another huge rebuild.

grunt
14-12-2019, 04:32 PM
2. Hibs will have TWICE as many points. If not, then certainly a double figure lead
We've got a double figure lead now.

They will be shelling out a fortune in January. Another huge rebuild.The Hearts fans are saying that a lot of their players have long contracts. Is that going to be a problem for them?

SMAXXA
14-12-2019, 04:32 PM
Gegenbottom come Wednesday me thinks

Kojock
14-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Listened to it too, I'd be worried if I was a Hearts fan.
This is great looking outside in.

I watched the game and Hear7s were woeful. St J deserved their win and it should’ve been more that 1-0.

Ozyhibby
14-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Just said on the radio that the job is ‘more work than I expected’. Not a great start. Still, at least he has a support network of Levien and McPhee in the background.[emoji23]

Cataplana
14-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Things can't get much worse now.

Northernhibee
14-12-2019, 04:36 PM
From BBC:

St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright is delighted after a first away win in nearly 12 months and back-to-back clean sheets."It's been a long time coming but we thoroughly deserved it," he tells BBC Sportsound. "We created the clear-cut chances. We knew they would press us - I'd watched the way Daniel Stendel had Barnsley playing - and we got in behind them regularly.
"We defended well and that gave us a platform to go and hurt them. I told the players to out-work them and they fought for everything today."
The Perth side rise to 10th from last place in the Premiership.

So even a team who haven't won away from home in a year knows how to beat a Daniel Stendel team :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

AltheHibby
14-12-2019, 04:37 PM
Some Duncan's prediction for today:

"Funf - Null für das große team von Edinburg"

He got the gross bit right!

CapitalGreen
14-12-2019, 04:38 PM
Obviously I do not want to add to their pain but come the derby, there is a reasonable chance that:

1. They will be bottom of the league
3. Their position looks generally poorer with no new management bounce and being isolated at the bottom

Now I could be wrong and they could stuff Celtic in their next game but the fact is the above is not improbable. Pleasing

It’s these sorts of situations we tend to end up getting beat.

14-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Wonder how long until hermit crab comes along to tell us they’re on the brink of a 20 game winning run

SMAXXA
14-12-2019, 04:40 PM

Correct

Vault Boy
14-12-2019, 04:41 PM
Hahahaha

Wheat Hound
14-12-2019, 04:43 PM
See they've just announced Stendls assistant which, to be fair, is some coup to get a former German international. Fair play to them

WoreTheGreen
14-12-2019, 04:43 PM

On the beats shnapps

04Sauzee
14-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Hearts need to average 1.7pts per game for the remainder of the season to equal last seasons tally. That would be close to Kilie form from last season.

jacomo
14-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Just said on the radio that the job is ‘more work than I expected’. Not a great start. Still, at least he has a support network of Levien and McPhee in the background.[emoji23]

He knew zip all about them before taking the job so quite what was he expecting?

Cataplana
14-12-2019, 04:46 PM

Unless Lockie holds them prisoner in the Castle View suite for a week, playing his collection of home edited VHS of previous derbies, and his Home Bargains collection of WW2 DVD films, there is no way this bunch of cowards can get tgemself up for bearing the Hobos.

It is for us to lose, and I expect Jack Ross knows a lot more about Edinburgh derbies than Stendl. Apart from the peeve before and after it that is.

Hibs4185
14-12-2019, 04:46 PM
To be fair, even Klopp and Guardiola would’ve struggled against the mighty St Johnstone

Zazu62
14-12-2019, 04:47 PM
See they've just announced Stendls assistant which, to be fair, is some coup to get a former German international. Fair play to them

Who?

Stuart93
14-12-2019, 04:49 PM

Have they? Can’t see that.

Nor do I understand how it’s some coup because he used to play for Germany? Doesn’t mean he’s a great coach?

Getting a wee whiff

wallpaperman
14-12-2019, 04:49 PM
I almost felt sorry for him in the interview.

Apart from his English being just OK, he sounded shocked and pretty down beat already.

The rebuild could cost a fortune if they have to bring in a large amount of players, while paying some of the duds to go away.

I hope the mystery benefactors are not feeling the pinch...

14-12-2019, 04:57 PM

Apart from his English being just OK, he sounded shocked and pretty down beat already.

The rebuild could cost a fortune if they have to bring in a large amount of players, while paying some of the duds to go away.

They'll be beggin'pressing them for more money.

Northernhibee
14-12-2019, 04:59 PM

Barnsley still finished ahead of Sunderland once, so y'know, big team and all that.

Wheat Hound
14-12-2019, 04:59 PM
Have they? Can’t see that.

Nor do I understand how it’s some coup because he used to play for Germany? Doesn’t mean he’s a great coach?

Getting a wee whiff

Yep, a great coup for them to get the boy....

Jurgen Doon

wallpaperman
14-12-2019, 05:00 PM

Jurgen Doon

Oh you set that one up a beauty, nice. 😝

Bostonhibby
14-12-2019, 05:01 PM

Jurgen Doon[emoji23]

WoreTheGreen
14-12-2019, 05:02 PM

Jurgen Doon

Top drawer 👌

Stuart93
14-12-2019, 05:03 PM

Jurgen Doon

Got me there hahaha

Cracker

14-12-2019, 05:04 PM

Jurgen Doon

:thumbsup:

Gloucester Hibs
14-12-2019, 05:05 PM

Jurgen Doon

😂😂👍🏻

14-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Jurgen Doon

Haha well played

Since452
14-12-2019, 05:08 PM

They love an announcement after an embarrassing defeat eh

Whoooosh haha

GreenCastle
14-12-2019, 05:13 PM
Hearts are in a relegation fight and the new guy wants to implement a new system which is basically an experiment for him when really they just need to do the basics and get points on the board.

Berra playing a high line and whatever keeper they have trying to be Neurr doing sweeper keeper is going to be hilarious to watch - least they have McLean and Keena doing the Mane and Salah jobs pressing from the front.

EskbankHibby
14-12-2019, 05:14 PM
Gegenbottom come Wednesday me thinks

Scheisse-pressing today I believe.

Tricky times at the rosa Bushaltestelle (pink bus shelter, god bless google)

04Sauzee
14-12-2019, 05:14 PM
Their £1m hybrid pitch is coming in for some stick also. What a source of entertainment that club is.

14-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Was feeling a bit mischievous so decided to ask a glum looking jambo on George Street what their score was when I knew fine well they lost. Was hard not to laugh when he said 1-0 St Johnstone.

Cataplana
14-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Worrying times for Queen Anne on Kickback, where she is now known as "Budge." Open letters, and Budge Must Go banners cannot be far off now.

Still, there will be another top business person with years of experience waiting in the wings.

Either that, or Medals and Lockie buy her out.

14-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Worrying times for Queen Anne on Kickback, where she is now known as "Budge." Open letters, and Budge Must Go banners cannot be far off now.

Still, there will be another top business person with years of experience waiting in the wings.

Levein and McKay could pawn their medals to raise funds for a buy out.

wallpaperman
14-12-2019, 05:32 PM

Forgetting that it’s the fans that will own the club shortly. Could be endless entertainment.

flash
14-12-2019, 05:33 PM

They are ordering the fly past as we speak.

FitbaFolkKen
14-12-2019, 05:34 PM
Jambo mate just said “more like geggendepressing” [emoji23]

GreenCastle
14-12-2019, 05:35 PM
Their £1m hybrid pitch is coming in for some stick also. What a source of entertainment that club is.

Try not to laugh..

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/176791-hybrid-pitch/page/61/#comments

Having seen the pitch at the recent women’s cup final it looked awful then for the money spent so with several home games coming up, its only going to get worse. Hybrid pitch or not..the lack of light (Even with lamps) will always be an issue at the Tiny Library.

Cataplana
14-12-2019, 05:35 PM
Levein and McKay could pawn their medals to raise funds for a buy out.

Yes, but they may require a GoFund me page to make it to their target.

Forgetting that it’s the fans that will own the club shortly. Could be endless entertainment.

So they have a choice come January: either use the DD money to buy Professor Budge out, or give the money to Stendal to spend on booze, I mean players.

Aldo
14-12-2019, 05:36 PM

Looks like she’s going to get some flak for failing to get their No1 target in and ending up with Stendl... no wait

Cataplana
14-12-2019, 05:37 PM
They are ordering the fly past as we speak.

Dear Anne this is money we could be spending on players we know where you live and you know what to do

Cataplana
14-12-2019, 05:38 PM
Looks like she’s going to get some flak for failing to get their No1 target in and ending up with Stendl... no wait

Just waiting for the Midlothian Mafia, to knock on her door and tell her they could do a better job.

Aldo
14-12-2019, 05:39 PM
Just waiting for the Midlothian Mafia, to knock on her door and tell her they could do a better job.

All very pleasing.

Jack Hackett
14-12-2019, 06:06 PM

:agree:

Clueless delusion has permeated right through the club from boardroom to terracing.The tendency to stick their heads in the sand when things start to go wrong is only matched by their ability to declare anything they do to be 'groundbreaking'.

I can't wait for the fan ownership thing. The potential for absolute catastrophe will never be far away.

stoneyburn hibs
14-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Off the ball after the full times was an eye opener.
Stevie Frail talking about when he was caretaker for 6 months under Romanov, mental.

Aldo
14-12-2019, 06:26 PM
:agree:

Clueless delusion has permeated right through the club from boardroom to terracing.The tendency to stick their heads in the sand when things start to go wrong is only matched by their ability to declare anything they do to be 'groundbreaking'.

I can't wait for the fan ownership thing. The potential for absolute catastrophe will never be far away.

I’m loving every minute of it. You are indeed correct about everything they do is ‘groundbreaking’ with the EEN printing everything.

Fan ownership will be a hoot.

Joe6-2
14-12-2019, 06:27 PM
Scheisse-pressing today I believe.

Tricky times at the rosa Bushaltestelle (pink bus shelter, god bless google)

😂

Fanforlife
14-12-2019, 06:27 PM
Their £1m hybrid pitch is coming in for some stick also. What a source of entertainment that club is.Just been reading that thread🤣 Told a few of my mates last year this could happen to it. I was on the Allianz stadium tour last year and our guide told us this is exactly why Bayern got rid of a similar pitch,Bayern now grow new grass on outside pitches and cut out from them parts that need replacing .

Captain Trips
14-12-2019, 06:32 PM

Top Drawer dazzling.

Joe6-2
14-12-2019, 06:33 PM
Try not to laugh..

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/176791-hybrid-pitch/page/61/#comments

Having seen the pitch at the recent women’s cup final it looked awful then for the money spent so with several home games coming up, its only going to get worse. Hybrid pitch or not..the lack of light (Even with lamps) will always be an issue at the Tiny Library.

Can’t open link

RyeSloan
14-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Try not to laugh..

Oh some hilarity on that thread...loved the dude wondering if the ‘linear patterns with curved ends’ was down to the undersoil heating...eventually to be corrected that it was marks left after the players warm up circuits.

Others seem to have a real lack of understanding of what a football pitch is, one wondering just how on Earth it could ever cut up.

And another had the audacity to say the pitch at StMary’s on the sky game was just a bad....urmm naw.

Was good to be reminded as well about the fact that they had the most monitored pitch in the world...That’s worked out sooo well for them.

And finally the rest of them seem to think a football pitch is the same as a fridge freezer and it might have a warranty to allow them to return it!

Joe6-2
14-12-2019, 06:48 PM
Oh some hilarity on that thread...loved the dude wondering if the ‘linear patterns with curved ends’ was down to the undersoil heating...eventually to be corrected that it was marks left after the players warm up circuits.

Others seem to have a real lack of understanding of what a football pitch is, one wondering just how on Earth it could ever cut up.

And another had the audacity to say the pitch at StMary’s on the sky game was just a bad....urmm naw.

Was good to be reminded as well about the fact that they had the most monitored pitch in the world...That’s worked out sooo well for them.

And finally the rest of them seem to think a football pitch is the same as a fridge freezer and it might have a warranty to allow them to return it!

Brilliant 👍

marinello59
14-12-2019, 06:53 PM

:faf:

Jack Hackett
14-12-2019, 06:55 PM

The thread had me in stitches... but that was a stand-out :faf:

proud_and_green
14-12-2019, 07:14 PM
I quite like his comment from the Stendel thread on JKB in relation to Stendel's post match comment on there being a lot more work to do than he expected.:

"Perfectly reasonable thing to say! He would have done research on Hearts and was likely told we were 3rd best team in the country! That shower of ***** are not 3rd best team in the championship. Everyone of them Bar MS are an absolute embarrassment to the jersey! "

If he did do research why would he have believed anyone saying they were the third best team...!

It is clear he has done no research and simply awoke from a stupor to answer the phone to hear Budge offering him a job. Clearly, still pissed when he said yes...this is going to be the hangover of hangovers for him as he begins to sober up...!

Northernhibee
14-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Tbf that first week leading to a loss against a team who haven’t won away from home for nearly a year - twelve grand well spent.

Joe6-2
14-12-2019, 07:17 PM
I quite like his comment from the Stendel thread on JKB in relation to Stendel's post match comment on there being a lot more work to do than he expected.:

"Perfectly reasonable thing to say! He would have done research on Hearts and was likely told we were 3rd best team in the country! That shower of ***** are not 3rd best team in the championship. Everyone of them Bar MS are an absolute embarrassment to the jersey! "

If he did do research why would he have believed anyone saying they were the third best team...!

It is clear he has done no research and simply awoke from a stupor to answer the phone to hear Budge offering him a job. Clearly, still pissed when he said yes...this is going to be the hangover of hangovers for him as he begins to sober up...!

They are so f****** deluded, third best team!!!!

AlbertK86
14-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Poundshop Klopp

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Fambo Jannies
14-12-2019, 07:23 PM

Jurgen Doon

Not Hans Dooners****z? H'e fit right in :wink:

jakedance
14-12-2019, 08:01 PM
I’ve got a very intelligent, otherwise sensible and responsible Jambo mate who is still paying a direct debit every month into this **** show.

Budge has wasted £1m on a pitch which is a state, £20m on one stand, employed Cathro and moved two other failures into sporting Director jobs, their coaches and recruitment people are apparently idiots. It took her six/seven weeks to hire a guy who’d never heard of them and looks like an alcoholic (he may turn out good but early signs aren’t encouraging for them). They’ve signed dozens and dozens of players and are currently joint bottom of the league. It just beggars belief that my mate and many others like him continue to throw good money after bad. Amazing stuff. I’m impressed by the loyalty of some supporters but this just seems idiotic.

Waxy
14-12-2019, 08:08 PM
How can a manager you’ve just sacked become sporting director?
They only play (ha) one sport.Hasn’t he already directed them to secondbottom?
Standel wont take instruction from that failed lot. Standels already his own failure. What a mess they’ve got themselves in.

Jack Hackett
14-12-2019, 08:20 PM
This guy over the road gets it. Staggering list of Has Beens/Never Will Be's on the wage bill

Registered Users A
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/team_member.gif
4,169 posts

Posted 22 minutes ago (https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186294-theres-a-good-squad-at-hearts/&do=findComment&comment=7584707)

"Most of this squad are damaged goods. Too many are broken and there is no way back for them.

Zlamal
Doyle
Periera

Brandon
Dikamona
Berra
White
Garrucio

Bozanic
Walker
Clare
Damour
Mulraney
Morrison

McLean
Wighton
Uche
Keena

That is a big pile of **** right there to move on."

If I was a yam, I'd just forget the football for the foreseeable future and content myself with picking the fluff off my cardigan :greengrin

04Sauzee
14-12-2019, 08:33 PM
This guy over the road gets it. Staggering list of Has Beens/Never Will Be's on the wage bill

Registered Users A
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/team_member.gif
4,169 posts

Posted 22 minutes ago (https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186294-theres-a-good-squad-at-hearts/&do=findComment&comment=7584707)

"Most of this squad are damaged goods. Too many are broken and there is no way back for them.

Zlamal
Doyle
Periera

Brandon
Dikamona
Berra
White
Garrucio

Bozanic
Walker
Clare
Damour
Mulraney
Morrison

McLean
Wighton
Uche
Keena

That is a big pile of **** right there to move on."

If I was a yam, I'd just forget the football for the foreseeable future and content myself with picking the fluff off my cardigan :greengrin

Think that's only about half the squad as well

CloudSquall
14-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Naismith getting bombarded over the road now, *****bag and wage thief amongst the insults being thrown at him.

No one is safe over the road, it's a battle royale :greengrin

heretoday
14-12-2019, 08:48 PM
To play a pressing game effectively you need players who are extremely fit. Unfortunately, the Hearts guys are extremely (insert rhyming expletive).

Northernhibee
14-12-2019, 08:50 PM
To play a pressing game effectively you need players who are extremely fit. Unfortunately, the Hearts guys are extremely (insert rhyming expletive).

Apparently Craig Halkett has piled on the pounds.

Waxy
14-12-2019, 08:51 PM

Thrupenny bit?

Waxy
14-12-2019, 08:51 PM

Craig Hulkett.

Kato
14-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Nice too see some patience over the road. Keeping a stiff upper lip and all that. The high press will come, all they have to do is keep believing.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
14-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Nice too see some patience over the road. Keeping a stiff upper lip and all that. The high press will come, all they have to do is keep believing.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

To Heckingbottom's credit, our high press was far more energetic than that.

14-12-2019, 09:29 PM

They didn't release Vanecek from his contract, Budge moved him behind the scenes into the role of nutritionist.

Since452
14-12-2019, 09:45 PM
What's with their wee creepy GIFs on kickback? Strange

jacomo
14-12-2019, 10:06 PM

Tynecastle’s narrow wee tattie field of a pitch gave home advantage to Hearts, so I was puzzled that Levein would sanction spending £1m on a playing surface that would allow opponents to get the ball down and play.

Is it possible that Budge ordered the new pitch after being persuaded to spend money by a salesman, and Levein then ordered the ground staff to skimp on the maintenance and rough it up again?

Of course the festival concert won’t have helped.

mjhibby
15-12-2019, 12:26 AM
To be fair the fans have him a loud backing,........until they realised they could have played till Xmas and not scored. The frightening thing is that only now they are realising how garbage they are and our Daniel will needs funds just to make the respectable. Queen ann and the mystery benefactors will be waiting on the call for a large dollop of cash.

The 90+2
15-12-2019, 12:42 AM
To be fair the fans have him a loud backing,........until they realised they could have played till Xmas and not scored. The frightening thing is that only now they are realising how garbage they are and our Daniel will needs funds just to make the respectable. Queen ann and the mystery benefactors will be waiting on the call for a large dollop of cash.

If that does happen, considering their history, they should be investigated for ffp. How the **** can a club who went into admin spending others money, then bumped as many businesses as they could get away with running at losses but can just say some mystery benefactor is helping them?

Throw the ****s in the bin.

cocteautwin
15-12-2019, 01:34 AM
This is fantastic. The Jambos are majorly bad and heading for Bottom of the league on Wednesday.

Jambo highlights as we head to midpoint of the season:

- they’ve got a new experimental manager who thinks he can apply advanced football techniques on a team used to long balls, big throws in to the box, and general s4!thouse football.

- The new manager gives the impression he’s only interested in his pay packet to support his next bar bill.

- The previous manager is still hanging around and on the payroll.

- The assistant to the previous previous manager is still hanging around and on the payroll.

- They’ve a team full of duffers on long term contracts

- Their only good player is an old crock who will get about 20 games a season

- The aforementioned crock has recently signed a high cost 4 year contract

- They’ve only scored 7 goals in the past 12 games, 5 of these coming in one game against St. Mirren

- The owner has piled through £25m of fans cash since Admin

- The owner has spent £21m on an unfinished stand when the original budget was £12m

- All the early season ticket money was spent by 30 June so they’ll need another £4m of fans cash at least to get to the end of the season

- See above point for having spare cash to rebuild the team in January

- Their £1m state of the art pitch has been destroyed by an ego driven freebie Festival concert

- The business is only viable cos it’s being supported by some invisible benefactor to the tune of c£4m p.a.

And, wait for this, to top it all off, they’ve only gone and invited BBC Scotland in to film a fly on the wall documentary about their implosion season.

It’s comedy gold!

:faf::faf::faf:

FilipinoHibs
15-12-2019, 02:05 AM
This is fantastic. The Jambos are majorly bad and heading for Bottom of the league on Wednesday.

- they’ve got a new experimental manager who thinks he can apply advanced football techniques on a team used to long balls, big throws in to the box, and general s4!thouse football.

- The new manager gives the impression he’s only interested in his pay packet to support his next bar bill.

- The assistant to the previous previous manager is still hanging around and on the payroll.

- They’ve only scored 7 goals in the past 12 games, 5 of these coming in one game against St. Mirren

- The owner has spent £21m on an unfinished stand when the original budget was £12m

- All the early season ticket money was spent by 30 June so they’ll need another £4m of fans cash at least to get to the end of the season

- Their £1m state of the art pitch has been destroyed by an ego driven freebie Festival concert

- The business is only viable cos it’s being supported by some invisible benefactor to the tune of c£4m p.a.

And, wait for this, to top it all off, they’ve only gone and invited BBC Scotland in to film a fly on the wall documentary about their implosion season.

It’s comedy gold!

Great report. Never has a summary of miss management had so many points to cover.

Baader
15-12-2019, 02:09 AM

It’s comedy gold!

That cheered me up after a depressing few days! As did their result today... :thumbsup:

Gloucester Hibs
15-12-2019, 03:18 AM
Don’t think Stendal will enjoy much of a honeymoon period! Signs not great if even their best player i.e. Naismith is getting pelters on Kickback. Hope Celtic put 7 past them on Wednesday.

Didn’t realise this, but from reading Kickback seemingly Hearts broke their wage budget to sign Sean Clare, that’s pretty funny.

Cataplana
15-12-2019, 06:37 AM
Great report. Never has a summary of miss management had so many points to cover.

Mrs Management surely?

cocteautwin
15-12-2019, 06:47 AM
Mrs Management surely?

Mrs Doctor Management surely? :wink:

Cataplana
15-12-2019, 07:17 AM
"We can play so much better than today. We have some big players injured and when they come back I hope we will have more quality to change things."

Dr. Football helping him out with post match conferences, or do they have an in house excuse manual?

If Naismith is doubtful for the Derby, then the answer is yes..

JimBHibees
15-12-2019, 07:27 AM
Don’t think Stendal will enjoy much of a honeymoon period! Signs not great if even their best player i.e. Naismith is getting pelters on Kickback. Hope Celtic put 7 past them on Wednesday.

Didn’t realise this, but from reading Kickback seemingly Hearts broke their wage budget to sign Sean Clare, that’s pretty funny.

Apparently :rolleyes: there were English premier league teams in for him at the time and he obviously preferred Hearts. :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-12-2019, 07:30 AM

It’s comedy gold!

:faf::faf:

Brilliant summation they will still no doubt turn us over on Boxing Day. :greengrin

Waxy
15-12-2019, 07:31 AM
Why didnt the mystery benefactor pay the poppy debt?

G B Young
15-12-2019, 07:35 AM
Sorry if already posted on this thread but Budge has thanked the 'mystery benefactors' for throwing £9 million at the club.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-humbled-by-astonishing-generosity-of-anonymous-hearts-benefactors-1-5062535

NINE MILLION QUID??! Do you think these benefactors are content with what their investment has achieved?

Northernhibee
15-12-2019, 07:41 AM
NINE MILLION QUID??! Do you think these benefactors are content with what their investment has achieved?

Apparently they have steak and ale pies at the kiosks now so, dunno.

Cataplana
15-12-2019, 07:43 AM
Sorry if already posted on this thread but Budge has thanked the 'mystery benefactors' for throwing £9 million at the club.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-humbled-by-astonishing-generosity-of-anonymous-hearts-benefactors-1-5062535

So, without these payments, they would have been £1.65 m in debt? They're doing it again, aren't they?

Waxy
15-12-2019, 07:47 AM
When Budge only paid a couple of million to wipe off over £20 million of debt to their creditors.
Disgusting.

cocteautwin
15-12-2019, 07:48 AM

It’ll need to be another c£4m on top of that to see them through to the end of the current season. I only hope they were in the crowd yesterday to witness how well the cash is being spent.

cocteautwin
15-12-2019, 07:57 AM
When Budge only paid a couple of million to wipe off over £20 million of debt to their creditors.
Disgusting.

One thing I’ve always wondered is if there will be a big CGT bill due when Budge hands over her shares to FoH for the agreed £2m. The net assets of HMFC have increased significantly recently and the transfer might be deemed as a transfer of assets at undervalue. Hmmmm.

GreenCastle
15-12-2019, 08:00 AM

£9 million ! If I was them I wouldn’t be boasting about that. What a waste !

Will they ever learn ?

Don’t forget the new stand still isn’t finished as they simply can’t afford it !

It’s the way big clubs work. Relegation would cripple them this time.

Alan62
15-12-2019, 08:09 AM
There's no way that anyone can claim that the money has been well spent. As for the transition to 'fan ownership', I'm really looking forward to seeing how that pans out as all the little power struggles begin as assorted men in cardigans do their utmost to stake a claim.

Coco Bryce
15-12-2019, 08:35 AM

It’s comedy gold!

Brilliant.

I weirdly think I'm in love with Ann Budge 😍

Mixu62
15-12-2019, 08:36 AM
Just watched the highlights of their game v saints. I can't wait to see Boyle running at that defence!! And saints goal, a header from a corner is bread and butter for Doidge! Feeling a lot more confident than I did a few weeks ago.

RyeSloan
15-12-2019, 08:41 AM
There's no way that anyone can claim that the money has been well spent. As for the transition to 'fan ownership', I'm really looking forward to seeing how that pans out as all the little power struggles begin as assorted men in cardigans do their utmost to stake a claim.

Loved this quote:

We are still well on course,” she said. “Everything could be completed even earlier than that [spring] – possibly in February or March. It will be nice to get to the position where I feel we’ve done what we set out to do, we’re in a really good place and I don’t have to worry about something going badly wrong.”

Yup nothing to worry about just now right enough....

She must be desperate now to get her cash back and get the hell out of Dodge. Despite wasting £20m+ of benefactor and FOH money, winning **** all and residing over a total Omni shambles she appears to somehow still have the press lauding her as a success

So sneaking out the back door with her millions back in her purse just before the whole edifice comes crashing down must be very very tempting for her!!

Cataplana
15-12-2019, 08:42 AM
Just watched the highlights of their game v saints. I can't wait to see Boyle running at that defence!! And saints goal, a header from a corner is bread and butter for Doidge! Feeling a lot more confident than I did a few weeks ago.

Yet another reason we will be leaving Tynecastle, scratching our head as to how they got anything from the game.

Joe6-2
15-12-2019, 08:48 AM

He’d already told them he’d never heard of the famous!!!!

Bostonhibby
15-12-2019, 08:53 AM
Loved this quote:

We are still well on course,” she said. “Everything could be completed even earlier than that [spring] – possibly in February or March. It will be nice to get to the position where I feel we’ve done what we set out to do, we’re in a really good place and I don’t have to worry about something going badly wrong.”

Yup nothing to worry about just now right enough....

She must be desperate now to get her cash back and get the hell out of Dodge. Despite wasting £20m+ of benefactor and FOH money, winning **** all and residing over a total Omni shambles she appears to somehow still have the press lauding her as a success

So sneaking out the back door with her millions back in her purse just before the whole edifice comes crashing down must be very very tempting for her!!In yam terms it's not as if it's all gone wrong already[emoji23]

The humiliation of putting themselves into administration was probably viewed as a minor setback.

I don't think they've ever done numbers and the return they've had on all that capital is truly horrendous, in any other business they'd have replaced the entire management or maybe even gone bust given the gap between spending and their business as usual income.

They're showing again that it's not how much cash you've got but what you do with it and they allowed themselves to be criminally shafted by Romanov. Mrs doctor Budge is doing a sterling job of utterly mismanaging it, I hope she continues for a good while yet.

fat freddy
15-12-2019, 08:57 AM
She's been on the skunk again, she's told Stendel that fourth place is the goal.

“Our number one priority is to make sure we’re in the top six. But our objective is to try and finish in the top four.

“I’ll be happy if we get top six and I absolutely believe that’s doable.”

Budge and the Hearts board received criticism for their handling of Levein’s dismissal, their faith in coach Austin MacPhee and the delay in appointing Stendel.

For the first time in her Tynecastle reign, she got flak from former players including Michael Stewart, Gary Mackay and Allan Preston.

Budge admits some of the stick was ‘irritating’ but says it won’t distract her from doing the job she set out to do five years ago.

PatHead
15-12-2019, 08:58 AM
Re the administration. They probably think that they were the goodies and bad pensioners stole their money. They did owe it to themselves after all.
A bit like the urban myth that Mercer saved Hibs by highlighting how badly we were run.

greenginger
15-12-2019, 08:58 AM

I think Budge is keen to muddy the water by emphasising that there is more than one benefactor.

There’s the group who put money into Save the Children who then pass money to Hearts for the shirt add, they’re the ones that get to dress casually in the boardroom according to Budge and get a refund from HMRC.

Then there’s the source chucking huge chunks of money at the stand project and player funding. No tax claw back with these donations.

Who or what company or other entity in their right mind would bale out an obvious shambles of an organisation time after time as things continue to slide under Budge mismanagement ?

Joe6-2
15-12-2019, 09:00 AM
She's been on the skunk again, she's told Stendel that fourth place is the goal.

“Our number one priority is to make sure we’re in the top six. But our objective is to try and finish in the top four.

Budge and the Hearts board received criticism for their handling of Levein’s dismissal, their faith in coach Austin MacPhee and the delay in appointing Stendel.

For the first time in her Tynecastle reign, she got flak from former players including Michael Stewart, Gary Mackay and Allan Preston.

Budge admits some of the stick was ‘irritating’ but says it won’t distract her from doing the job she set out to do five years ago.

I wonder how much longer she will hand around, at 71 she must surely have had enough!

Bostonhibby
15-12-2019, 09:05 AM

Budge admits some of the stick was ‘irritating’ but says it won’t distract her from doing the job she set out to do five years ago.Excellent, she's going to pig headedly ignore them all and stick with whatever her plan is that's got them to where they are today.

Go Mrs doctor Budge.

Aldo
15-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Thing is the yams I know are lapping it up. This is all they have known - living outwith their means. Whenever I mention finances/admin or stadium their retort is 1-5 and just look at our Derby record.

The head in the sand brigade are on for a shock when the fans take over next year! Begging bowl is out now and that’s with a millionaire business woman.

This again is the bit I don’t get..... she is suppose to be this amazing business woman however how the hell can she allow the club to get in the state it is in?? Me, I think it’s superb and with an £8 million + wage bill for a club their size it’s a recipe for disaster......

But Heay I’m loving every minute of this and hopefully Celtic will roll into town on Wednesday and give them a right going hammering!

Since452
15-12-2019, 09:17 AM

It’s comedy gold!

That really is brilliant reading. What a cluster****. Can't wait for this documentary

Steve88
15-12-2019, 09:19 AM

It’s comedy gold!

By the time the next derby comes round that pitch will resemble something from the battle of the Somme - it’ll be the Ultimate game of hoof-ball/floor lava!

Since452
15-12-2019, 09:23 AM
The football visionary that is Tommy Wright said it was piss easy to play against Stendels high press, he just watched some Barnsley games from earlier this season. Seems every team Barnsley played thought the same. Even our own Jack Ross gave Stendel a bit of a leathering last season. Happy days.

GreenCastle
15-12-2019, 09:24 AM
How much is Budge worth ?

Remember the PBS will need upgrades in future as other 3 stands start to fall apart further plus they can’t expand to ever reach 20,000. I find it hilarious it’s still reported it’s over 20,000 and they have never even come close to that.

Add in the ongoing pitch maintenance costs and it’s a very expensive club to operate.

JimBHibees
15-12-2019, 09:31 AM
I think Budge is keen to muddy the water by emphasising that there is more than one benefactor.

There’s the group who put money into Save the Children who then pass money to Hearts for the shirt add, they’re the ones that get to dress casually in the boardroom according to Budge and get a refund from HMRC.

Then there’s the source chucking huge chunks of money at the stand project and player funding. No tax claw back with these donations.

Who or what company or other entity in their right mind would bale out an obvious shambles of an organisation time after time as things continue to slide under Budge mismanagement ?

You think it is just her putting money in? Where does football financial regulations (if there are any in Scotland) go with so called mystery benefactors? Personally don't think they should be able to invest anonymously. What happened to fit and proper tests ( no laughing at the back). :greengrin

Jones28
15-12-2019, 09:40 AM
So, without these payments, they would have been £1.65 m in debt? They're doing it again, aren't they?

Spend other people’s money to the point of no return, then reset owing a huge debt to their supporters and mystery benefactors. It happened in 2005 and 2013 and it’s happening before our very eyes.

It’s the Hearts way.

The hibs way by contrast is to close a chapter in our history where we qualified for Europe several times, won the league and Scottish cup, rebuilt the stadium, built a training centre that we don’t share with a lacrosse team, become totally debt free, change owner with quiet efficiency rather than song and dance, break records for season ticket numbers, rectify mistakes like Heckingbottom - again without make a Jeremy Hunt of it - and see instant differences and finally, within recent years and IMO, having a recruitment policy that sees the vast majority of signings make a success of their time at Hibs.

**** the Hearts.

Aldo
15-12-2019, 10:00 AM
How much is Budge worth ?

Remember the PBS will need upgrades in future as other 3 stands start to fall apart further plus they can’t expand to ever reach 20,000. I find it hilarious it’s still reported it’s over 20,000 and they have never even come close to that.

Add in the ongoing pitch maintenance costs and it’s a very expensive club to operate.

It isn’t reports though.... they’ve kept very quiet about their current capacity and if it was more than ours we would have heard it by now.

Maybe a wee FOI to ECC to ask what the capacity is? They will have a copy of the Safety Certificate and it will be detailed on there.

Cataplana
15-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Congratulations if you had "Sunday, between 10am and 11am" in the sweep. There's a voucher for a free steak and ale pie on its way to you.

For younger readers, who may not be familiar with the genre, the entire text you of a Yam open letter is below.

"Dear Daniel,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our club. No doubt you have seen the potential we have here to grow and be a major force in Scottish football and to be regular participants in European football. You will no doubt have been surprised at the high standards of facilities at our training base and stadium. Let me assure you that you have the backing of a great support, a fan base who continue to give great financial backing to ensure the club can thrive and progress. You have come to the club at a time when it is in a healthier financial state than it has ever been in its illustrious 146 year history.

I do fear however that you may have been slightly misled when you received a guided tour from your managerial predecessor. You may have heard that we have an excellent youth set up, you may have heard that we have a wealth of talent lying on tables in the treatment room, you may even have heard that there will be jam tomorrow.  Unfortunately, as you have now probably learned during your first week at the club, all of this is not entirely true.

In truth, a lot of money has been wasted in the last few years, building an overly large squad, many of whom aren't good enough to be successful at this level. Confidence is low, players tend to hide, and as you saw yesterday we resort to punting the ball long as the lack of options in front of our defenders leaves them will little other choice. 

The squad needs major surgery,(Don't worry, the fans have become used to this over the last five years), as is highlighted by our goalkeeping situation (The worst I've seen in over 40 years following the club). Whilst you do have some talented players injured just now, some of them haven't kicked a ball for a very long time and won't be able to help you in the short term. As for the youth, as you may have seen from the performance of Keena yesterday, we're nowhere near as strong as you've no doubt been led to believe in that department.

In short, unfortunately you have inherited a shambles. Strikers who can't score, a midfield with no pace, a lack of width and a coaching team who have been blind to the situation unfolding around them over the last couple of years. You have also been left in the unusual situation where your predecessor is still in the background and has the ear of our chairwoman.

This all sounds pretty depressing, but you deserve the truth. Judging by your aftermatch comments yesterday, I suspect you have worked most of this out for yourself in the short time you have been here.

I hope you are given the backing by the board to bring in your own backroom staff, and can assure you that the fans are behind you. I wish you luck and look forward to better times ahead.

yours sincerely,

A HEARTS SUPPORTER (FTH) "

Cataplana
15-12-2019, 10:07 AM
Spend other people’s money to the point of no return, then reset owing a huge debt to their supporters and mystery benefactors. It happened in 2005 and 2013 and it’s happening before our very eyes.

It’s the Hearts way.

The hibs way by contrast is to close a chapter in our history where we qualified for Europe several times, won the league and Scottish cup, rebuilt the stadium, built a training centre that we don’t share with a lacrosse team, become totally debt free, change owner with quiet efficiency rather than song and dance, break records for season ticket numbers, rectify mistakes like Heckingbottom - again without make a Jeremy Hunt of it - and see instant differences and finally, within recent years and IMO, having a recruitment policy that sees the vast majority of signings make a success of their time at Hibs.

**** the Hearts.

What's wrong with Lacrosse like?

Since452
15-12-2019, 10:08 AM
Congratulations if you had "Sunday, between 10am and 11am" in the sweep. There's a voucher for a free steak and ale pie on its way to you.

For younger readers, who may not be familiar with the genre, the entire text you of a Yam open letter is below.

"Dear Daniel,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our club. No doubt you have seen the potential we have here to grow and be a major force in Scottish football and to be regular participants in European football. You will no doubt have been surprised at the high standards of facilities at our training base and stadium. Let me assure you that you have the backing of a great support, a fan base who continue to give great financial backing to ensure the club can thrive and progress. You have come to the club at a time when it is in a healthier financial state than it has ever been in its illustrious 146 year history.

I do fear however that you may have been slightly misled when you received a guided tour from your managerial predecessor. You may have heard that we have an excellent youth set up, you may have heard that we have a wealth of talent lying on tables in the treatment room, you may even have heard that there will be jam tomorrow.  Unfortunately, as you have now probably learned during your first week at the club, all of this is not entirely true.

In truth, a lot of money has been wasted in the last few years, building an overly large squad, many of whom aren't good enough to be successful at this level. Confidence is low, players tend to hide, and as you saw yesterday we resort to punting the ball long as the lack of options in front of our defenders leaves them will little other choice. 

The squad needs major surgery,(Don't worry, the fans have become used to this over the last five years), as is highlighted by our goalkeeping situation (The worst I've seen in over 40 years following the club). Whilst you do have some talented players injured just now, some of them haven't kicked a ball for a very long time and won't be able to help you in the short term. As for the youth, as you may have seen from the performance of Keena yesterday, we're nowhere near as strong as you've no doubt been led to believe in that department.

In short, unfortunately you have inherited a shambles. Strikers who can't score, a midfield with no pace, a lack of width and a coaching team who have been blind to the situation unfolding around them over the last couple of years. You have also been left in the unusual situation where your predecessor is still in the background and has the ear of our chairwoman.

This all sounds pretty depressing, but you deserve the truth. Judging by your aftermatch comments yesterday, I suspect you have worked most of this out for yourself in the short time you have been here.

I hope you are given the backing by the board to bring in your own backroom staff, and can assure you that the fans are behind you. I wish you luck and look forward to better times ahead.

yours sincerely,

A HEARTS SUPPORTER (FTH) "

Did someone post that on Kickback? Wow

Barney McGrew
15-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Maybe a wee FOI to ECC to ask what the capacity is? They will have a copy of the Safety Certificate and it will be detailed on there

Thats assuming ECC have actually issued one.

FilipinoHibs
15-12-2019, 10:14 AM

A posh girls game.

Cataplana
15-12-2019, 10:15 AM
A posh girls game.

Not in Canada.

Aldo
15-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Thats assuming ECC have actually issued one.

They would have to have issued something. If they haven’t or hadn’t I’d be surprised if the SFRS, SAS and Police Scotland allowed events to take place and could object on the grounds of public safety!

grunt
15-12-2019, 10:28 AM
You will no doubt have been surprised at the high standards of facilities at our training base and stadium. They have their own training facility? They kept that quiet.

Cataplana
15-12-2019, 10:34 AM
They have their own training facility? They kept that quiet.

"No doubt aware" is Jambo speak for "we were lieing." Theres a lot more to deciphering these letters than meets the eye.

FilipinoHibs
15-12-2019, 10:41 AM
You think it is just her putting money in? Where does football financial regulations (if there are any in Scotland) go with so called mystery benefactors? Personally don't think they should be able to invest anonymously. What happened to fit and proper tests ( no laughing at the back). :greengrin

I think it is all her. She can set up Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) in offshore tax havens and route the money through these. Then there is no direct link to her. As people say who else would throw money at this shambles? If they have vast sums to throw away, these are not investments but book balancing exercises, why did they not step in to save the club when only £2.25 million was needed? It does not add up.

FilipinoHibs
15-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Not in Canada.

Or the US. There it is a posh boys game.

jacomo
15-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Is Shaun Lawson going to provide us with a 20k word article on the principles of geggenpresse, followed by a 20k word blueprint for developing feeder clubs for The Famous across Germany?

I can only hope so.

Jones28
15-12-2019, 10:57 AM

Nothing, unless you’re having to train around it.

Haymaker
15-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Or the US. There it is a posh boys game.

Technically the boys game and girls game of lacrosse are different.

Since452
15-12-2019, 11:55 AM
By the time the next derby comes round that pitch will resemble something from the battle of the Somme - it’ll be the Ultimate game of hoof-ball/floor lava!

Don't mention the war

Bostonhibby
15-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Is Shaun Lawson going to provide us with a 20k word article on the principles of geggenpresse, followed by a 20k word blueprint for developing feeder clubs for The Famous across Germany?

I can only hope so.He'll need to ask his mum first.

CentreLine
15-12-2019, 12:00 PM
He'll need to ask his mum first.

He’s been around for a few years now. Must be in his early to mid teens and will eventually be able to cut the apron strings 😂

Bostonhibby
15-12-2019, 12:03 PM
He’s been around for a few years now. Must be in his early to mid teens and will eventually be able to cut the apron strings [emoji23]Have you seen Hitchcock's Psycho?[emoji6]

wallpaperman
15-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Interesting wee recent post on their thread about their pishy hybrid pitch.

Someone reckons Levein has them training on the Tynie pitch quite a lot during the week.

Not sure if any truth, but if so is that down to them not having as much access to ‘their’ state of the art training facilities as they would like?

Do Hibs train at ER very often, I didn’t think they did any more?

jacomo
15-12-2019, 12:19 PM
One thing I’ve always wondered is if there will be a big CGT bill due when Budge hands over her shares to FoH for the agreed £2m. The net assets of HMFC have increased significantly recently and the transfer might be deemed as a transfer of assets at undervalue. Hmmmm.

Following their contortions over whether the old stand should be listed or not (unique and historic structure of international significance when Tynecastle was under threat, an unremarkable pile of junk once Budge announced plans to redevelop), I wonder if this magnificent new structure will now be described as a hideous and worthless 70s office block pastiche that has added no value whatsoever to the stadium?

Hibs4185
15-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Interesting wee recent post on their thread about their pishy hybrid pitch.

Someone reckons Levein has them training on the Tynie pitch quite a lot during the week.

Not sure if any truth, but if so is that down to them not having as much access to ‘their’ state of the art training facilities as they would like?

Do Hibs train at ER very often, I didn’t think they did any more?

It’s OAP walking football at Oriam every Friday, so half the squad trains at Tynescastle and Berra, Naismith and co join in at Oriam.

CockneyRebel
15-12-2019, 01:14 PM
Don't mention the war

I did but I think I got away with it.

Joe6-2
15-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Nothing, unless you’re having to train around it.

😂😂😂