PDA

View Full Version : Yams The generic Hearts thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Lee Marvin
01-04-2020, 02:44 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/pfa-scotland-open-talks-defer-hearts-players-wages-2525343

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hearts could be in big big trouble if they cannot cut the wage bill or envoke article 12. They literally never learn

G B Young
01-04-2020, 02:45 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/pfa-scotland-open-talks-defer-hearts-players-wages-2525343

Hadn't realised Naismith was the only player to have accepted the wage cut. So much for Budge's guff about the players rallying round.

147lothian
01-04-2020, 02:56 PM
So there's going to be trouble if Budge tries cutting wages then signing new players in August.

A back track will leave players unhappy that she tried it on, no easy solution for them now, I wonder if some of our neighbours will now realise that Budge is not the business brain some have cranked her up to be

Waxy
01-04-2020, 03:06 PM
You get the feeling Budge thinks shes untouchable.
(And looking at her these days.......,,Nevermind)
Its pretty much like they’ll do what they want and get away with it.

hibbyfraelibby
01-04-2020, 03:16 PM
Just about every club apart from HMFC is apparently using the Furlough scheme to ensure their less well paid staff and players are getting 80% of wages guaranteed and agreeing deferals with their better paid "stars"

The only reason Dr."Failure to Properly" Budge(t) is trying the slash and burn approach is that she is being opportunistic to dump the dross, they are absolutely penniless and the "benefactors" managed funds have taken a 60% hit in recent weeks and dont have the readies to hand.

It will just take one cash strapped business desperate for the cash to keep their own business afloat to hit the red button and pursue compulsary admin action.

Ozyhibby
01-04-2020, 03:19 PM
Hadn't realised Naismith was the only player to have accepted the wage cut. So much for Budge's guff about the players rallying round.

Some team captain. Instead of working with the rest of the players he goes public with the ‘look at me, I’m a multi millionaire, I can afford to take a pay cut’, which immediately makes the rest of the squad look bad in the eyes of the fans. Leadership? Not in my opinion.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2020, 03:25 PM
Just about every club apart from HMFC is apparently using the Furlough scheme to ensure their less well paid staff and players are getting 80% of wages guaranteed and agreeing deferals with their better paid "stars"

The only reason Dr."Failure to Properly" Budge(t) is trying the slash and burn approach is that she is being opportunistic to dump the dross, they are absolutely penniless and the "benefactors" managed funds have taken a 60% hit in recent weeks and dont have the readies to hand.

It will just take one cash strapped business desperate for the cash to keep their own business afloat to hit the red button and pursue compulsary admin action.
I have a wee bit of sympathy for Hearts fans. Guys on £6k per week digging in for full pay, when a lot of their fans will be in a financial crisis soon, if not already

where'stheslope
01-04-2020, 03:34 PM
I have a wee bit of sympathy for Hearts fans. Guys on £6k per week digging in for full pay, when a lot of their fans will be in a financial crisis soon, if not already
Every teams fans will be in the same boat soon if not already!
Just keep watching the back pages, Celtic are saying they can't keep paying salaries?
If they can't afford it, the rest of us have no chance!!!!!

munchar
01-04-2020, 03:38 PM

You having a laugh? Sympathy?
Didn’t hear any Hearts fans pointing out that Naismith & Boyces wages were excessive. Think it was more like we’re signing players on big contracts when Hibs are scraping bye on loans & cheap options. No, the Hearts fans, as has been shown over the years, will gloat about these things until the 💩 hits the fans. Still celebrating their tainted success. Live by the sword, die bye the sword if you ask me. They deserve everything coming to them!!

Real Emerald
01-04-2020, 04:08 PM
Didn’t hear any Hearts fans pointing out that Naismith & Boyces wages were excessive. Think it was more like we’re signing players on big contracts when Hibs are scraping bye on loans & cheap options. No, the Hearts fans, as has been shown over the years, will gloat about these things until the 💩 hits the fans. Still celebrating their tainted success. Live by the sword, die bye the sword if you ask me. They deserve everything coming to them!!

100%, their big team “natural order’ pish is coming back to haunt them. Their fans now hoping their players leave, the very players they were handing huge long contracts to not long ago and were hailed as the greatest of signings who would rip up the Scottish league. I hope that other clubs see through their scheming dirty tricks and sends them down. They’ve won 4 game this season, FOUR! Two of these games against us and one against Rangers. They obviously get up for these games but couldn’t touch the rest of the bottom sox. They DESERVE to go down or go bust again for their greed and arrogance.

Waxy
01-04-2020, 04:21 PM

What about the list of creditors?

speedy_gonzales
01-04-2020, 04:21 PM
The Duncans are not liking this social distancing (https://www.facebook.com/BBCScotland/videos/511599779521956/)

grunt
01-04-2020, 04:22 PM
The Duncans are not liking this social distancing (https://www.facebook.com/BBCScotland/videos/511599779521956/)This is funny!

Rumble de Thump
01-04-2020, 04:33 PM
100%, their big team “natural order’ pish is coming back to haunt them. Their fans now hoping their players leave, the very players they were handing huge long contracts to not long ago and were hailed as the greatest of signings who would rip up the Scottish league. I hope that other clubs see through their scheming dirty tricks and sends them down. They’ve won 4 game this season, FOUR! Two of these games against us and one against Rangers. They obviously get up for these games but couldn’t touch the rest of the bottom sox. They DESERVE to go down or go bust again for their greed and arrogance.

Two of them were won with deflected shots.

Carheenlea
01-04-2020, 04:44 PM
Two of them were won with deflected shots.

This statement just screams Hearts. If you read that without knowing who the team being discussed was you would wager Hearts every time.

Never known a team to score as many deflections or generally scrappy goals as Hearts.

munchar
01-04-2020, 04:49 PM

Arrogance of the highest order!
I’ve not heard even ONE Hearts fan saying they’ve been spending cash like Monopoly money. They have NO bank debt, with £100,000 a month on donations coming in, & after ONE cancelled game, they’re asking for 50% wage cuts. A blatant ploy to empty their under achievers who were hailed as saviours. Living within their means? Ffs still can’t see any of their fans questioning their methods. Levein still at the club. As much as it’s entertaining for us, I can’t believe there’s nobody cringing over there at what’s happening. Let it continue please.

Joe6-2
01-04-2020, 05:54 PM
The Duncans are not liking this social distancing (https://www.facebook.com/BBCScotland/videos/511599779521956/)

😂😂😂

Billy Whizz
01-04-2020, 05:54 PM
https://twitter.com/pfascotland/status/1245402222164430848?s=21

Ozyhibby
01-04-2020, 05:56 PM

I’m assuming that no agreement was reached by tonight’s 5pm deadline given that the PFA put that out after it passed?

Billy Whizz
I’m assuming that no agreement was reached by tonight’s 5pm deadline given that the PFA put that out after it passed?

I’d agree with that summary Ozy

Hibby Kay-Yay

Exactly the wording in the EEN article :aok:

lapsedhibee
01-04-2020, 06:02 PM

:greengrin

tamig
01-04-2020, 06:02 PM

Well said sir. Absolutely correct.

01-04-2020, 06:06 PM
They keep going on about how league reconstruction is fairest with Dundee Utd and Inverness promoted and no relegation. They say there's 24 points to play for and they're "only" 4 points behind 2nd bottom (the playoff spot).

They've got a cheek dismissing the other teams in the Championship who have just as much a claim on being in the Premiership next season as Hearts do.

Dundee and Ayr are already in the play off spots and are only 4 and 5 points behind Inverness with 27 points left to play for so it would be just as unfair to tell them they're in the Championship next season.

Hearts are averaging 0.75 points per game so at that rate they'll only get 6 points from the remaining 8 games (appreciate they'll be playing more bottom 6 sides however they seem to do better against top 6).

Dundee and Ayr are averaging 1.5 points per game so at that rate they'll take 13 or 14 points from their 9 games so it seems a lot more feasible for one of them to do any overtaking than for Hearts to.

I'd love it if reconstruction was the route taken with top 3 up from the Championship and bottom 1 down from the Premiership (though I know this won't happen).

Waxy
01-04-2020, 06:07 PM

Thats hilarious.

ScottB
01-04-2020, 06:10 PM
I don’t get it, if things were super bad for them, why not use the government furlough scheme that’s available? Certainly for the staff if not the players.

It smacks of them using this crisis as an excuse to try and punt as many players as possible, which is pretty shameful behaviour by any measure.

Real Emerald
01-04-2020, 06:25 PM
They keep going on about how league reconstruction is fairest with Dundee Utd and Inverness promoted and no relegation. They say there's 24 points to play for and they're "only" 4 points behind 2nd bottom (the playoff spot).

They've got a cheek dismissing the other teams in the Championship who have just as much a claim on being in the Premiership next season as Hearts do.

Dundee and Ayr are already in the play off spots and are only 4 and 5 points behind Inverness with 27 points left to play for so it would be just as unfair to tell them they're in the Championship next season.

Hearts are averaging 0.75 points per game so at that rate they'll only get 6 points from the remaining 8 games (appreciate they'll be playing more bottom 6 sides however they seem to do better against top 6).

Dundee and Ayr are averaging 1.5 points per game so at that rate they'll take 13 or 14 points from their 9 games so it seems a lot more feasible for one of them to do any overtaking than for Hearts to.

I'd love it if reconstruction was the route taken with top 3 up from the Championship and bottom 1 down from the Premiership (though I know this won't happen).

They’ve as much chance losing a play off too. If it was St Mirren, Hamilton or Ross County (or us obviously) sitting 4 points adrift and them safe there would be no talk of reconstruction or playing out the season by them. Absolutely no chance! They can’t even make a statistical case for them getting out of it, even though they’ve spent millions more than almost all of their other bottom basement friends trying to be the big team. Why should the rest of the top league suffer an ill thought out league reconstruction to save the worst team in the league. I’ve bought my ST but will think twice if reconstruction happens under these circumstances.

CloudSquall
01-04-2020, 06:28 PM
Had a quick look over at umpteenpointsback and the vast majority are blaming the players and demanding they are all sacked.

Anyone that has sympathy for them should have a quick look over there.

The 90+2
01-04-2020, 06:29 PM
Had a quick look over at umpteenpointsback and the vast majority are blaming the players and demanding they are all sacked.

Absolute criminal but nothing unexpected from a team and support with no morals.

The Modfather
01-04-2020, 06:45 PM

It’s shameful that Hearts are looking at profiteering from a global pandemic and trying to use it as an excuse to get rid of the bloated and over budget squad they have assembled.

Hibs, and everyone else, have the same income challenges as Hearts. It was also widely accepted that we need a clear out and rebuild of the squad if we’re to begin challenging for the top 4 consistently. Yet, here we are trying to honour the contracts the players signed in good faith.

munchar
01-04-2020, 06:49 PM

The only thing the players can be blamed for is under achieving. They only signed Boyce 2 months ago. Didn’t hear fans mention his wages then. Is it his fault a few weeks later, a contract he’s signed in good faith, is now being halved or ripped up? I’m sure if Hearts had conducted their business professionally, the players may have worked along with them. But contacting agents after threatening them with the sack, saying there’s funds for transfers! Would any fan in that position help the club out. No danger. The blame is 💯% the clubs.

01-04-2020, 06:49 PM

Sounds like the fans' attitude towards the players is as bad as the club's.

When football restarts I can't see many of the playing for the jersey.

Also, having a reputation for treating your employees like sh¡te isn't good for recruitment either.

https://twitter.com/PFAScotland/status/1245402222164430848?s=19

Eyrie
01-04-2020, 07:09 PM

I wonder how those supporters would feel if their employers took that approach to their salaries.

Hibs4185
01-04-2020, 07:15 PM

Someone’s even mentioned the First World War and how the players did the right thing by volunteering for the war.

Proper siege mentality across there. Absolute roasters

Skol
01-04-2020, 07:17 PM
The good news is that if the season resumes the players will be so disengaged, the chances of them picking up enough of the remaining 24 points is practically zero. They need to pray for a void season and reconstruction

A Hi-Bee
01-04-2020, 07:40 PM
All it needs is for donkey doncaster or whoever to make the phone call, or just send them a text, tell them they are doon and end of, problem solved, as far as football is concerned, then the payouts can begin.
Gie the hertz an extra tenner or so for Standal to stay in Germany a bit longer, while leevain sorts things out for them and the 400,000.

Tug Wilson
01-04-2020, 07:44 PM
The Hearts fans are only reacting to the situation they find themselves in.

If Covid 19 had come along when Butcher was destroying Hibs a lot of us on here would be calling for players and staff to be binned.

What would Rod have done?

However, what Hibernian Football Club have actually done is paint their neighbours into a corner.

By going to the players and discussing the issues with them like adults and coming to a sensible agreed approach.

No players have been threatened with the sack or loss of wages.

Hibs have come out with assurances that they will only hire new players once the wage deferral period is over.

Players can rest assured that the club is working with them not against them.

By comparison, Hearts look amateur, cold hearted and heavy handed.

The 90+2
01-04-2020, 07:50 PM

If Covid 19 had come along when Butcher was destroying Hibs a lot of us on here would be calling for players and staff to be binned.

However, what Hibernian Football Club have actually done is paint their neighbours into a corner.

By going to the players and discussing the issues with them like adults and coming to a sensible agreed approach.

Hibs have come out with assurances that they will only hire new players once the wage deferral period is over.

Top post and agree with start to finish. Gives a bit of perspective too.

cocteautwin
01-04-2020, 08:19 PM
They’ve piled through £28m of outside cash in the past few years. If they can’t afford to pay their players now they should go in to Administration.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-04-2020, 08:21 PM

It’s all about context / circumstance ...

The Jambos hiring profile on terms of quality and duration (remember Larreya Kingston anyone? - no lessons learned)

Versus Hibs hiring profile - targeted loans in certain positions - minimising risks at an advantageous time.

Wonder if we’ll see the demise of the longtime contract now....

EI255
01-04-2020, 08:22 PM
His 50% reduction will be a lot more than most of the squads actual wagesHe's worth every penny right enough [emoji848]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
01-04-2020, 08:26 PM
Total donkey.

They're recidivist overspenders expecting to be repeatedly bailed out.

Its blatant cheating. If the likes of Hamilton or St mirren started lavishly vastly overspending outwith their means there would immediately be journalists all over it with no one sympathasing saying 'its not their fault'.

Naismith is a complete and utter moron.Naismith is also finished. Must be like a very heavy shackle around the Hearts bookkeeper's neck [emoji16]

Both he and Stendal are syphoning away those direct debits very nicely [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

EI255
01-04-2020, 08:30 PM
Unbelievable that they have a positive press story coming from this disgrace. They have friends in the media who manage to make them look good even when their actions are shameful.Always angers me too how the media - mainly the BBC - seem desperate for Hearts not to fail, not to go bust, not to be relegated etc....They get the positive press other clubs are not afforded.

01-04-2020, 08:35 PM
Naismith is also finished. Must be like a very heavy shackle around the Hearts bookkeeper's neck [emoji16]

Both he and Stendal are syphoning away those direct debits very nicely [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Some think he was just using Hearts as a means to stay fit for Scotland games and was regularly out with niggles at times there were no Scotland games coming up. If that's true then he's kind off stuffed with the Euro Championships put back a year. He'll be almost 35 by the time of the finals.

EI255
01-04-2020, 08:37 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5415047/heart-budge-cash-crisis-tynecastle-coronavirus-leckie/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkFor once, an outstanding piece by a red top rag! Every word so true.

Kojock
02-04-2020, 07:27 AM
Naismith is also finished. Must be like a very heavy shackle around the Hearts bookkeeper's neck [emoji16]

I would imagine Naismith collected full wages during his lengthy injury spell(s). He would have some nerve not accepting a pay cut now.

Onion
02-04-2020, 08:05 AM
For once, an outstanding piece by a red top rag! Every word so true.

:greengrin ...football’s equivalent of the clown with a garage full of bog rolls and dried pasta.

mutley
02-04-2020, 08:10 AM
Anyone hear any little snippets after their 5pm deadline to accept/reject last night?

Onion
02-04-2020, 08:21 AM
The good news is that if the season resumes the players will be so disengaged, the chances of them picking up enough of the remaining 24 points is practically zero. They need to pray for a void season and reconstruction

Not convinced. Hearts have an uncanny knack of raising their game when shoved into a corner. Press are starting to turn against the club for their handling of the CV19 problem. In their minds, Hearts are probably already resigned to being relegated, and St M, Hamilton are breathing a sigh of relief. If the SFA decide that the season must be played out, I know which team's going to be most motivated.

Just another reason why the SFA must end the season now. Hearts fully deserve their place in the Championship and should not be denied.

Barney McGrew
02-04-2020, 09:24 AM
Anyone hear any little snippets after their 5pm deadline to accept/reject last night?

The SPFA statement saying they’re now involved would suggest it’s been a reject from a number of them.

AltheHibby
02-04-2020, 09:55 AM
Just had a link from yesterday's Herald pop up in my feed.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18348611.hearts-told-quit-spfl-cant-accept-relegation-ruling/

Keith_M
02-04-2020, 10:02 AM
Just had a link from yesterday's Herald pop up in my feed.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18348611.hearts-told-quit-spfl-cant-accept-relegation-ruling/

The headline is misleading

"Hearts told to quit the SPFL if they can't accept relegation ruling"

It's actually just the point of view of Stewart Gilmour, the former St Mirren chairman

bingo70
02-04-2020, 10:04 AM
The SPFA statement saying they’re now involved would suggest it’s been a reject from a number of them.

Did Hearts not issue a statement in response to that?

Missed opportunity for them if not to pretend it was amicable discussions and were all working together to find a solution.

Biggie
02-04-2020, 10:54 AM
The headline is misleading

"Hearts told to quit the SPFL if they can't accept relegation ruling"

It's actually just the point of view of Stewart Gilmour, the former St Mirren chairman
Haha I thought it must be an April fool joke....great wind up

Skol
02-04-2020, 11:58 AM
Not convinced. Hearts have an uncanny knack of raising their game when shoved into a corner. Press are starting to turn against the club for their handling of the CV19 problem. In their minds, Hearts are probably already resigned to being relegated, and St M, Hamilton are breathing a sigh of relief. If the SFA decide that the season must be played out, I know which team's going to be most motivated.

Just another reason why the SFA must end the season now. Hearts fully deserve their place in the Championship and should not be denied.

Difference now is the fans have lost faith in the players. Thats a big change.

mixumatosis
02-04-2020, 03:00 PM
Apologies if this has been posted upthread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52133983

Rugby Championship down South have promoted Newcastle and relegated Yorkshire based on what one would assume is essentially a points per game formula.

Different ball game obviously, but they must be confident the decision would hold up in court.

Greenworld
02-04-2020, 03:26 PM
Apologies if this has been posted upthread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52133983

Rugby Championship down South have promoted Newcastle and relegated Yorkshire based on what one would assume is essentially a points per game formula.

Different ball game obviously, but they must be confident the decision would hold up in court.Belgium have called time on their leuges and current standings applied hopefully Scotland follows suit bye bye jambos

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

bingo70
02-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Belgium have called time on their leuges and current standings applied hopefully Scotland follows suit bye bye jambos

Not relegation though, they’ve only declared the current winner as champions. They’ve still to decide what happens to the teams at the bottom.

Peevemor
02-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Belgium have called time on their leuges and current standings applied hopefully Scotland follows suit bye bye jambos

Relegation still hasn't been decided.

GreenCastle
02-04-2020, 03:35 PM
Rugby doing a “best played formula”.

Interesting they didn’t do this with the women’s league ?

Speaking with someone involved in the English Championship top 2 he said only way they play behind doors is if the club are in a hotel for 8 weeks and go direct to stadium and back to play games. Can’t see this happening - players wouldn’t be away from families that long etc.

They still want to finish season - it 100% won’t be null and void it’s either..

Finish on current standings..
Finish season later on...

The longer this goes on standings makes more sense to avoid knock on effect of changing other pre planned calendars.

Don’t know anywhere which has done reconstruction yet to league table - so if Scotland does this it’s a real cop out.

Waxy
02-04-2020, 04:06 PM
Perhaps a compromise would be Dundee utd promoted with Hearts Ict Dundee and Ayr playing off in two semis and a final for promotion.
Either that or just relegate them.

Since452
02-04-2020, 04:08 PM
Perhaps a compromise would be Dundee utd promoted with Hearts Ict Dundee and Ayr playing off in two semis and a final for promotion.

The issue is no games are going to be played for the foreseeable future

mjhibby
02-04-2020, 04:40 PM

More and more are doing it. It seems the lower leagues have scrubbed their seasons where there isn't millions at stake but when big money is involved it's a different story. The spl will be praying we can finish the season and if not they will face a very awkward decision to say the least.

Waxy
02-04-2020, 04:43 PM
The issue is no games are going to be played for the foreseeable future
I was thinking whenever it restarts.
Nevermind youve settled, the jambos are down.Bye.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2020, 04:53 PM

If we could play games we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Waxy
02-04-2020, 04:56 PM
If we could play games we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkReally?

weecounty hibby
02-04-2020, 05:00 PM
There can be no argument. Relegate the team who have consistently been the worst team over the last 12 months, not even just this season! It is merely a happy coincidence that it's the tarts. If it was Hamilton, Ross County or St Mirren I'm sure the decision would have been made by now. Just because it's one of the supposed, self proclaimed big clubs shouldn't stop the right decision being made. All of the stats point to the going down, history shows that the team who has spent this long at the bottom goes down usually, history shows that the team at the bottom at this time of the year usually goes down. Get the dirty cheating, poppy theiving, charity robbing *******s relegated and then we can move on and plan for the new season whenever that may be

GreenCastle
02-04-2020, 05:00 PM
More and more are doing it. It seems the lower leagues have scrubbed their seasons where there isn't millions at stake but when big money is involved it's a different story. The spl will be praying we can finish the season and if not they will face a very awkward decision to say the least.

Yup - would have been even more interesting if Celtic and the huns were 1 point apart with these games to play...

They are lucky Celtic have a lead over them to make it less awkward.

hibbyfraelibby
02-04-2020, 05:42 PM

Three up, one down across all divisions

Next season Prem 14 teams play H&A split after 26 games 6/8. Reset points to Zero and play H&A. Auto relegate bottom 2 and 3rd Bottom into play off.

Championship remains 10 teams usual format. Auto relegate as per Prem

League 1 remains 10 teams usual format. Auto relegate as Pre

League 2 8 teams plus winners of Highland and Lowland
leagues. At end of season auto relegate as Prem. 3rd bottom plays off against Highland/Lowland play off winner.

Season after that (22/23) return to normal

Simples...and the Jambos still get relegated.

jacomo
02-04-2020, 05:57 PM
Yup - would have been even more interesting if Celtic and the huns were 1 point apart with these games to play...

They are lucky Celtic have a lead over them to make it less awkward.

Yes, but doesn’t stop the Huns being pricks about it all, unfortunately.

They and their maroon cousins will never understand the simple adage: if you act like a ****, people will think you’re a **** and treat you accordingly.

Hearts and Sevco have acted like spoilt wee brats during this entire crisis - threatening legal action or issuing veiled threats. They are pathetic.

Fuzzywuzzy
02-04-2020, 06:07 PM
https://davidfarrellfaz.wordpress.com/2020/04/01/sporting-integrity/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Interesting read

mjhibby
02-04-2020, 06:13 PM

Next season Prem 14 teams play H&A split after 26 games 6/8. Reset points to Zero and play H&A. Auto relegate bottom 2 and 3rd Bottom into play off.

leagues. At end of season auto relegate as Prem. 3rd bottom plays off against Highland/Lowland play off winner.

That sounds like a cunning plan. Too many times clubs have avoided relegation due to stadiums not be been big enough etc. The only way sporting integrity can be remotely upheld is if there is the best teams champions and the worst team relegated. I suspect if partick didnt have a game in hand it would have been announced already. I'm sure all clubs realise there is next to no chance of finishing the season. If there was any common sense they would discussing ending the season now so we can plan for hopefully for next season starting as close to on time as poss. That's the open golf about to be postponed and that's mid July. As for Hertz pathetic sabre rattling about sueing. It's all bluster as usual as it's very clear that if they or any club won't accept the decisions then they can leave. The courts will not get involved in a sports decision when it comes under this totally unprecedented time. A decision will have to be made soon so as to try and plan for next season. We then have to wait to see how long lockdown continues. I don't think closed door games are a solution due to insurance and legal ramifications.

Gmack7
02-04-2020, 06:19 PM
Dundee United wont be happy to accept money as compensation for not coming up. they could stay in the top league for years and pocket much more. Relegation for the worst team in the league, thats the aim after all

Sammy7nil
02-04-2020, 06:25 PM
https://davidfarrellfaz.wordpress.com/2020/04/01/sporting-integrity/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Interesting read

I assume that is our David Farrell :confused:

Keith_M
02-04-2020, 06:35 PM
Stendel apparently has a clause in his contract where he can just leave if they're relegated

Evening News (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/i-have-special-feeling-club-daniel-stendels-message-hearts-fans-wage-cut-2524970)

Read down a bit, past the fawning cr@p

mjhibby
02-04-2020, 06:38 PM
Stendel apparently has a clause in his contract where he can just leave if they're relegated

Evening News (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/i-have-special-feeling-club-daniel-stendels-message-hearts-fans-wage-cut-2524970)

Quel surprise. Obviously not as confident as he said he was of avoiding relegation. I wonder if that's what persuaded him to take the job. Remember he never applied for the job and hadn't heard of the famous jts before that.

Fuzzywuzzy
02-04-2020, 06:39 PM
I assume that is our David Farrell :confused:

The one and only

grunt
02-04-2020, 06:58 PM

The article is dated 1 April, before 12 noon.
You been duped by an April fool.
This was the giveaway line, "The German remains confident Hearts will stay up"

Keith_M
02-04-2020, 07:03 PM

Yip, I fell for it

malcolm
02-04-2020, 07:06 PM
The logical and fair approach is to apply average points per game, as already gained, to the remaining games to apply the apportionment of monies and awarding of silverware. This would leave the top and bottom places in the top league as is and so confirm the current top teams in the top two leagues as champions with the bottom team in the top league as relegated. The potential playoff games would not be counted as average points cant be applied to 'cup' games. So current positions would apply. The team in second bottom place of the premier have a place in that league that they could only potentially have lost and the teams in the playoff positions only have a place secured in the championship secured with a potential place in the premier that one of them could have won. Keep what you have earned - simples.

Eyrie
02-04-2020, 07:12 PM
The logical and fair approach is to apply average points per game, as already gained, to the remaining games to apply the apportionment of monies and awarding of silverware. This would leave the top and bottom places in the top league as is and so confirm the current top teams in the top two leagues as champions with the bottom team in the top league as relegated. The potential playoff games would not be counted as average points cant be applied to 'cup' games. So current positions would apply. The team in second bottom place of the premier have a place in that league that they could only potentially have lost and the teams in the playoff positions only have a place secured in the championship secured with a potential place in the premier that one of them could have won. Keep what you have earned - simples.

Sounds a fair approach for resolving the problem of clubs having played different numbers of games. Think this may cost us a place in the final table but I could live with that.

munchar
02-04-2020, 07:38 PM

Why would we change the format for one season? Don’t see the logic. Keep as is. And if they were to do so, there would be no relegation & 2 up anyway.
Just finish the season. There’s only 8 games. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday x 2 weeks. Tuesday, Thursday finished. Semi Saturday/Sunday & play offs. Scottish cup & play off finals next Saturday.

jacomo
02-04-2020, 07:52 PM

It’s the contract Klaus.

An early Christmas gift for the Jambos... they may be going down but they can get rid of the drinker and maybe reappoint Robbie Neilson - the championship specialist.

hibbyfraelibby
02-04-2020, 07:55 PM
Why would we change the format for one season? Don’t see the logic. Keep as is. And if they were to do so, there would be no relegation & 2 up anyway.
Just finish the season. There’s only 8 games. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday x 2 weeks. Tuesday, Thursday finished. Semi Saturday/Sunday & play offs. Scottish cup & play off finals next Saturday.

This season is finished. Next season is 5/6 months away. Call this season now. Be fair to the potential promotees and Champions on current positions and relegate the basket cases.

Do what you are suggesting another window will have opened and closed, teams, like Killie will have no players under contract and you still need a 4-6 week pre-season or you land up with a lot of crocked players.

FilipinoHibs
02-04-2020, 08:29 PM

Unfinished games would have average points awarded on the basis of the results of previous games between teams. Run it to the split then apply to the split games. Relegate the two lowest teams. For example, we have 4 points versus St Jonstone from two games, an average of two points so we get two and Saints who have one point from two games get 0.5 points.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2020, 08:34 PM

When?

The Spaceman
02-04-2020, 08:41 PM
It would be the most Hearts thing ever to avoid a 100% cert relegation due to a once-in-a-century global Pandemic.

Send them DOWN.

munchar
02-04-2020, 08:48 PM
This season is finished. Next season is 5/6 months away. Call this season now. Be fair to the potential promotees and Champions on current positions and relegate the basket cases.

Do what you are suggesting another window will have opened and closed, teams, like Killie will have no players under contract and you still need a 4-6 week pre-season or you land up with a lot of crocked players.

So how can you relegate Patrick who have a game in hand. Win & they’re safe.

munchar
02-04-2020, 08:52 PM
When?

When it’s safe to play again. Nobody knows when this virus will be clear, but money talks, & there’s no way sponsors will allow for season to be voided. Whenever it starts, 3-4 weeks maximum finishes season. May be tiring, but the fairest way to do so.

Hibees1973
02-04-2020, 08:57 PM
On JKB the general feeling is to use the Global Coronavirus Pandemic as a means to binning an overpaid, under-achieving squad on the cheap.

Only club I know of who, after an embarrassing administration vastly overspend then look for a killer virus to get them out of jail. Both financially and professionally.

This is probably a green-tinted version of events, but the facts are all there.

Winston Ingram
02-04-2020, 08:58 PM
When it’s safe to play again. Nobody knows when this virus will be clear, but money talks, & there’s no way sponsors will allow for season to be voided. Whenever it starts, 3-4 weeks maximum finishes season. May be tiring, but the fairest way to do so.

Celtic will not allow it to be voided.

04Sauzee
02-04-2020, 09:11 PM

Average points would be the the fairest way?

Drewster
02-04-2020, 09:37 PM
Average points would be the the fairest way?

Absolutely, this is the most reasonable solution to this unprecedented situation - after over 75% of the season, it’s difficult to argue that this is not equitable. Particularly given that the remaining games can’t be completed before the end of May, and then squads will have players who are no longer contracted & registered to play for their Clubs.

Eyrie
02-04-2020, 09:38 PM

If money talks, then why wreck next season to finish this one?

We've played almost 80% of this season, so calling it over based on current positions or average points per game means little money is at stake if sponsors and broadcasters demand a refund.

Compare that to the money at risk by having next season cut in half to fit in a preseason before playing the remaining games of this one, then having a summer break of 3-4 weeks, then another preseason. And that's assuming we can restart this season any time soon.

jacomo
02-04-2020, 09:43 PM

They can genuinely feel hard done by, but we are in unprecedented times.

It’s all about the art of the possible now. Finishing this season to its conclusion - something we would like to see - looks less and less possible.

Starting next season (albeit delayed) does look possible, but it needs this season to be concluded so that everyone knows where they stand.

RoYO!
02-04-2020, 09:46 PM
So has anyone made an "average points" table? A journo would see it and run with it I'm sure. May even plant the seed as a way to wrap this up.

PS if it turns out Hertz stay up, then bin this idea! Haha

hibbyfraelibby
02-04-2020, 09:52 PM

Divide the number if points you have by the games played to get your average points total. Addresses all anomilies in all leagues.

Do it that way and PTFC have an average less than 1pt per game and QoS have exactly 1pt . PTFC relegated.

Gmack7
02-04-2020, 10:00 PM
So has anyone made an "average points" table? A journo would see it and run with it I'm sure. May even plant the seed as a way to wrap this up.

They would be down and ST J would go above us i think

ScottB
02-04-2020, 10:01 PM

If it’s as simple as dividing current points by number of games played, then projecting that forward to 38 games, the only team that suffers is...us?

1. Celtic 80 points becomes 101 points
2. Rangers 67 becomes 88
3. Motherwell 46 becomes 58
4. Aberdeen 45 becomes 57
5. Livingston 39 becomes 49
6. Hibs 37 becomes becomes 47
-. St Johnstone 36 becomes 47
8. Killie 33 becomes 42
9. St Mirren 29 becomes 37
-. Ross County 29 becomes 37
11. Hamilton 27 becomes 34
12. Hearts 23 becomes 29

If current goal difference counts we’d keep 6th to ourselves and St Mirren would get 9th, otherwise those places are shared.

hibbyfraelibby
02-04-2020, 10:02 PM
They would be down and ST J would go above us i think

Correct. We would be 7th but hey we were 11th

RoYO!
02-04-2020, 10:05 PM
If it’s as simple as dividing current points by number of games played, then projecting that forward to 38 games, the only team that suffers is...us?

2. Rangers 67 becomes 88
8. Killie 33 becomes 42
12. Hearts 23 becomes 29

If current goal difference counts we’d keep 6th to ourselves and St Mirren would get 9th, otherwise those places are shared.

Well that's it settled then.

Next order of business?

Deansy
02-04-2020, 10:15 PM
On JKB the general feeling is to use the Global Coronavirus Pandemic as a means to binning an overpaid, under-achieving squad on the cheap.

Only club I know of who, after an embarrassing administration vastly overspend then look for a killer virus to get them out of jail. Both financially and professionally.

This is probably a green-tinted version of events, but the facts are all there.

'an embarrassing administration' - an administration that saw them end-up being owned by a multi-millionairess, a multi-millionairess who now refuses to dip into her well-stuffed piggy-bank to save them from yet another embarrassing administration !, Also the same multi-millionairess, who made her millions in business seems to have an 'Achilles heel' when it comes to communications as, prior to this epidemic which caused the early lock-down, she appeared to have a very close & comfy relationship with a 'Mystery-benefactor, a 'Mystery-benefactor' who - when they were playing was all too willing to pump millions into the club as he/she/it - proved that he/she/it is a genuine Jambo as he/she/it probably donated under the illusion that Hearts might actually win something - and now appears to be deaf, dumb & blind now that the club is in their usual danger - of once again being unable (and no doubt, unwilling) to pay their bills !.

Aye, being a Jambo is not for the faint-hearted ........................ or the honest ......................... or the sporting ......................... or the intelligent ...................... honourable .............. hygienic ............................. non sexually-deviant..................... charitable ........................

Joe6-2
02-04-2020, 10:41 PM

😂😂

spike220
02-04-2020, 11:15 PM

love your work! Gave me a good laugh..

1875godsgift
02-04-2020, 11:30 PM

2. Rangers 67 becomes 88
8. Killie 33 becomes 42
12. Hearts 23 becomes 29

Yup, that's pretty conclusive, no argument from me.

Celtc are champions by default, and Hertz are relegated because they're *****.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-04-2020, 11:39 PM

2. Rangers 67 becomes 88
8. Killie 33 becomes 42
12. Hearts 23 becomes 29

Was it not supposed to be based ok home games form? Thought I’d heard that propels method on Radio Scotland. (Not sure about the logic on that?)

munchar
02-04-2020, 11:41 PM
Divide the number if points you have by the games played to get your average points total. Addresses all anomilies in all leagues.

Do it that way and PTFC have an average less than 1pt per game and QoS have exactly 1pt . PTFC relegated.

You’ve not taken into account Patrick’s game in hand. Win it & they’re average increases, thus keeping them safe.

Col2
02-04-2020, 11:58 PM
It can be average points, total points, home results, away results, goals scored, goals conceded, quality of play, chances created, shots on target etc. Any scenario. every scenario they are the biggest ****show, in the history of ****shows.

Greenfly
03-04-2020, 12:03 AM
You’ve not taken into account Patrick’s game in hand. Win it & they’re average increases, thus keeping them safe.

That's why it's an average. It's precisely to account for the fact that equal numbers of games haven't been played. Otherwise there's no need / point to bother with averages. If games played were equal then you'd base it on points only. Patrick would go down. QoS have a better average.

I tried to explain this very point a couple of weeks ago but got dogs abuse from 2 posters in particular who accused me of everything from nonsense to trying to do Hibs down. Average points remains both the logical and fair way to calculate final placings in these circumstances. Celtic are champions, Hearts go down.

hibeerealist
03-04-2020, 12:14 AM

Give it a rest, you keep coming up with the same format over and over are you a whinging Duncan?

Kato
03-04-2020, 12:14 AM
'an embarrassing administration'

Is there anything that embarrasses them?

FilipinoHibs
03-04-2020, 03:02 AM
That's why it's an average. It's precisely to account for the fact that equal numbers of games haven't been played. Otherwise there's no need / point to bother with averages. If games played were equal then you'd base it on points only. Patrick would go down. QoS have a better average.

I tried to explain this very point a couple of weeks ago but got dogs abuse from 2 posters in particular who accused me of everything from nonsense to trying to do Hibs down. Average points remains both the logical and fair way to calculate final placings in these circumstances. Celtic are champions, Hearts go down.

The problem with using a simple average is that is based on results against all the teams in the league whereas your remaining will biased to certain teams. For example, Hibs have Saints, Hamilton and celtic to play. Using the average against these teams, we would get 2,2 and 0 points. A total of 4. Under the overall average scheme we would get 3.7 points. This is a more accurate way of predicting the league pre and post split.

AltheHibby
03-04-2020, 08:42 AM
The problem with using a simple average is that is based on results against all the teams in the league whereas your remaining will biased to certain teams. For example, Hibs have Saints, Hamilton and celtic to play. Using the average against these teams, we would get 2,2 and 0 points. A total of 4. Under the overall average scheme we would get 3.7 points. This is a more accurate way of predicting the league pre and post split.

I would like to see the table if we replicated the last equivalent matches for the games still to be played.

GreenCastle
03-04-2020, 09:00 AM
The slight problem with averaging is some teams have harder remaining games.

I know in the English leagues some teams in the EPL have the top clubs left and others have an easier run as they play lower teams.

Col2
03-04-2020, 09:03 AM
They are now suggesting youth (cheap) is the answer, sprinkled with a 2-3 experienced players.

They are so predictable. This will be the new 5 year plan. They know they are going down down down..

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/daniel-stendel-reveals-plan-new-hearts-structure-focused-youth-2527452

munchar
03-04-2020, 09:28 AM
Give it a rest, you keep coming up with the same format over and over are you a whinging Duncan?

I’ve not came up with any format?

CapitalGreen
03-04-2020, 09:34 AM
I would like to see the table if we replicated the last equivalent matches for the games still to be played.

Same. However the issue in this methodology is that Rangers are due to play St Johnstone at home but there is no proxy to use for that result as they haven’t already played at Ibrox this season.

The 90+2
03-04-2020, 09:39 AM
They are now suggesting youth (cheap) is the answer, sprinkled with a 2-3 experienced players.

They are so predictable. This will be the new 5 year plan. They know they are going down down down..

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/daniel-stendel-reveals-plan-new-hearts-structure-focused-youth-2527452

He has played a lot of youngsters already in all fairness. I figured it was because the majority of the squad are utter ****.

Bostonhibby
03-04-2020, 09:48 AM
He has played a lot of youngsters already in all fairness. I figured it was because the majority of the squad are utter ****.Cue the usual media guff about visionary futuristic thinking that no one else has ever done because they couldn't etc, etc.....

That'll keep the Duncans dribbling in their cornflakes and distracted from reality once again.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

James Stephen
03-04-2020, 09:53 AM
Was it not supposed to be based ok home games form? Thought I’d heard that propels method on Radio Scotland. (Not sure about the logic on that?)

The thing that average table shows to me is that, as expected, the league table is as it should be - i.e. it is meritocratic.

So while a team can say we could have seen an upturn and caught team above, we can base decisions on what we know to be the case, and using the guiding principle that the previous 80% of the season is as fair a guide as possible as to how the remaining 20% would have gone.

It reinforces that current placings are a good guide.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 10:03 AM
The thing that average table shows to me is that, as expected, the league table is as it should be - i.e. it is meritocratic.

So while a team can say we could have seen an upturn and caught team above, we can base decisions on what we know to be the case, and using the guiding principle that the previous 80% of the season is as fair a guide as possible as to how the remaining 20% would have gone.

If uefa’s plan to play in July/August happens it won’t matter.
And Hearts plans to play with youth will be canned as well as they attempt to sign expensive players in a bid to beat the drop.

jacomo
03-04-2020, 10:08 AM
He has played a lot of youngsters already in all fairness. I figured it was because the majority of the squad are utter ****.

It sounds like an off-the-cuff summary of Levein’s ‘strategy’ too. If you go back through his interviews he will have said similar things.

FilipinoHibs
03-04-2020, 10:32 AM

Will have a shot at that tomorrow Philippine time.

CapitalGreen
03-04-2020, 10:37 AM
Will have a shot at that tomorrow Philippine time.

It’s not possible as there is no equivalent match this season for the unplayed fixture between Rangers and St Johnstone.

The Spaceman
03-04-2020, 10:43 AM

What true visionaries they are. They completely remolded their set-up because *insert real reason here.......* this is the plan to win the SPFL over the next 5 years by following the youth system examples of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

*they cannot afford their massively overpaid 12th placed football team having thrown the kitchen sink at dross last summer and winter to get ahead of Hibs. They are broke, up the creek without a paddle and staring the Scottish Championship in the face next season with the 4th/3rd highest wage bill in Scotland.*

HappyAsHellas
03-04-2020, 10:50 AM
UEFA saying that any country not finishing their domestic leagues may be banned from European competitions next season. All bow down to money, the only thing they think about.

Gloucester Hibs
03-04-2020, 11:03 AM
I can’t see it happening, but if this season’s fixtures are to be completed, squads should be “locked in” as they are now (am aware of the contractual issues this presents).

The poppy thieves shouldn’t be permitted to buy their way out of this, that would be more unfair than finishing the season now.

AltheHibby
03-04-2020, 11:09 AM
UEFA saying that any country not finishing their domestic leagues may be banned from European competitions next season. All bow down to money, the only thing they think about.

Sounds good to me.

And thanks for the replies to my last post.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 11:16 AM

Uefa are thinking about their own income. That may come up against individual leagues thinking about their own income and the two may not be quite in sync.

Skol
03-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Is it an option to play the 3 games to the split and call it a day there.

jacomo
03-04-2020, 11:28 AM

What does this mean?

They want all outstanding fixtures to be fulfilled? Or just that the season should be declared as finished?

And yes money is a pressing and valid concern for any business in the broader event or entertainment business right now!

AltheHibby
03-04-2020, 12:10 PM
And yes money is a pressing and valid concern for any business in the broader event or entertainment business right now!

And Hertz. Although, to be fair, they are entertaining us.:flag:

The 90+2
03-04-2020, 12:13 PM
It sounds like an off-the-cuff summary of Levein’s ‘strategy’ too. If you go back through his interviews he will have said similar things.

True. He also liked putting in youngsters in the big games then blaming lack of squad depth when pumped.

FilipinoHibs
03-04-2020, 12:13 PM
Same. However the issue in this methodology is that Rangers are due to play St Johnstone at home but there is no proxy to use for that result as they haven’t already played at Ibrox this season.

I am proposing using the average of all games between the two teams. So would use the two games at Saints ground.

FilipinoHibs
03-04-2020, 12:16 PM
Uefa are thinking about their own income. That may come up against individual leagues thinking about their own income and the two may not be quite in sync.

There will no football by end July so UEFA will need to come up with a fresh solution. The FIFA national team co-efficient calculation could be used across leagues to predict the results of unplayed games.

FilipinoHibs
03-04-2020, 12:22 PM

That's all it will do reflect the current league position. It won't take into account what the outcome of the remaining games pre and post split will be. We are playing the 7, 11 and 1st teams so would expect slightly better results than our current average. Post split we are playing the top sides so would expect a points haul below our average.

bingo70
03-04-2020, 12:50 PM
Is it an option to play the 3 games to the split and call it a day there.

I thought about that but if we can get to the stage of playing three games we could play the other 5 in about 2 weeks so we’d be as well doing that.

Joe6-2
03-04-2020, 02:11 PM

A-holes, what will they do if this goes on indefinitely? (Tho I’m sure it won’t, but who knows?)

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 02:25 PM
Hearts squad still on full pay then?[emoji23]

mjhibby
03-04-2020, 02:27 PM
I can’t see it happening, but if this season’s fixtures are to be completed, squads should be “locked in” as they are now (am aware of the contractual issues this presents).

The poppy thieves shouldn’t be permitted to buy their way out of this, that would be more unfair than finishing the season now.

Are they going to keep the transfer window closed until we finish their season. Surely any player signed after July 1 can't play as they wouldn't be eligible for games if they were played just now.

greenginger
03-04-2020, 02:31 PM
Just had a look at the Companies House site to see if Mrs Budges Bidco 1874 accounts for last year have been submitted .

They were due on 30th March, but she must have applied for an extension, because the accounts are now shown as due on 30th June.

She wouldn’t be trying to hide anything, would she. ? :cb

Onion
03-04-2020, 02:58 PM

100% this. Months of delay between games will already distort the expected outcomes and performances of players and teams. Morale, form and fitness of players/teams in March would be irrelevant. Restarting the season is in effect starting brand new mini-league and cup competitions - albeit with points differences and less teams.

IMO there is FAR more scope to get a distorted outcome to the season than had it run to a normal conclusion. That would be even less fair than stopping it now. This has nowt to do with fairness and all to do with dirty cash for UEFA.

Onion
03-04-2020, 03:05 PM
Are they going to keep the transfer window closed until we finish their season. Surely any player signed after July 1 can't play as they wouldn't be eligible for games if they were played just now.

They'd have to keep the window closed.

Agents won't be too happy about that, though :greengrin

James70
03-04-2020, 03:07 PM
'Anyone seen the 'Hearts till I die" Facebook page? Totally cringe worthy comments, they really do believe that Budge is the new Messiah leading Scottish football out of this crisis. I can't take any more of it and have had to block it 😂

Keith_M
03-04-2020, 03:29 PM
I think we should restart with a 42 team league, every team playing each other once at home and once away, so 82 games in all.

Play this over a period of two years, then create three new leagues (with 18, 12 and 12 teams) based on the standings at the end of that season.

Thoughts?

Waxy
03-04-2020, 03:42 PM
I think we should restart with a 42 team league, every team playing each other once at home and once away, so 82 games in all.

Play this over a period of two years, then create three new leagues (with 18, 12 and 12 teams) based on the standings at the end of that season.

Thoughts?

Its about the same amount of crackers as having no relegation just because its hearts that are going down.

Keith_M
03-04-2020, 03:52 PM
Its about the same amount of crackers as having no relegation just because its hearts that are going down.

So that'll be a NO from you then.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 03:53 PM
Uefa’s new plan to play the games (won’t happen) means the yams have to keep their players on board in case it actually happens.

munchar
03-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Uefa’s new plan to play the games (won’t happen) means the yams have to keep their players on board in case it actually happens.

Brilliant 👌 may even have to offer some a 1 year deal, even though they don’t fancy them.

grunt
03-04-2020, 04:24 PM
Just had a look at the Companies House site to see if Mrs Budges Bidco 1874 accounts for last year have been submitted .

They were due on 30th March, but she must have applied for an extension, because the accounts are now shown as due on 30th June.

She wouldn’t be trying to hide anything, would she. ? :cbcompanies-to-receive-3-month-extension-period-to-file-accounts-during-covid-19 (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/companies-to-receive-3-month-extension-period-to-file-accounts-during-covid-19)

greenginger
03-04-2020, 04:38 PM
companies-to-receive-3-month-extension-period-to-file-accounts-during-covid-19 (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/companies-to-receive-3-month-extension-period-to-file-accounts-during-covid-19)

Yeah, I know, but you’ve got to apply for the extension. Why would she bother , Bidco accounts are just a copy and paste of the Hearts accounts with a couple of adjustments for Bidco costs and liabilities.

I’m sure they would have been ready for posting at Companies house but she’s using the virus situation to delay publication. :confused:

JohnMcM
03-04-2020, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I know, but you’ve got to apply for the extension. Why would she bother , Bidco accounts are just a copy and paste of the Hearts accounts with a couple of adjustments for Bidco costs and liabilities.

I’m sure they would have been ready for posting at Companies house but she’s using the virus situation to delay publication. :confused:

Don't be offended by this post in response to yours.

That's a big thing to accuse her of.

For the sake of the reputation of our fan-base, I would like to think we will stop seeing posts like yours on our main forum.

The truth about their activities will out at some stage, let's wait and see shall we?

This thing is way to big to be used to besmirch our pink chums. Like I suggest, time will tell.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 05:11 PM

It may be the auditors/accountants who are delaying finalising the accounts or Auditor's Report. The CV is a pretty big Post Balance Sheet event, and its implications for Bidco could be huge. If that's their view, it's wise to delay their publication.

It wouldn't surprise me if many auditors are taking that view just now.

Deansy
03-04-2020, 05:26 PM
Hearts might be bottom of the league football-wise but they're top of the league when it comes to 'Manipulating the media - no-one was talking about 'league re-organisation' 3 weeks ago !. One missed home game against Ross County and it seems that 'league re-organisation' is the sole topic of conversation in the game !

Billy Whizz
03-04-2020, 05:40 PM
Statement time again
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/an-update-from-our-chairman

Billy Whizz
03-04-2020, 05:43 PM
On one hand she’s saying no player was asked to take a 50% cut, on the other she’s saying Naismith is giving up 50%. Surely he wouldn’t volunteer this figure, if he wasn’t asked

Waxy
03-04-2020, 05:45 PM
Statement time again

Excuse time

Bishop Hibee
03-04-2020, 05:45 PM
Budge is desperate to get rid of Hearts to the fans. It’s a dire time for the fans to be taking over. Pleasing.

Since452
03-04-2020, 05:47 PM
Statement time again

Sick of her rambling and I'm not even a Jambo 😂

KingPat4
03-04-2020, 05:49 PM
Statement time again

I lasted till paragraph two. Is she related to Donald Trump?

Everytime she opens her mouth nothing but pish comes out.

hibbyfraelibby
03-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Statement time again

So she has furloughed all players irrespective of their actual wage? Then that means no defferments as per the Hibermian solution. She has actually pressed the nuclear button as per her initial threat whilst not actually sacking anyone. Those who agreed to 50% cuts now find themselves on the same £500 less tax per week that the ordinary worker is on.

They really were skint paying high basic no incentive bonuses to a bunch of schisters. Hell mend them

Garymcl
03-04-2020, 05:54 PM
So is captain fantastic still taking a 50% hit ??? Don’t think so she is a slavering auld woman contradicts herself every time she opens her mouth but hey ho the mutant gorgie hordes hang on to every bit of pish she says :greengrin all I can say is thank god for our chief exec

Keith_M
03-04-2020, 05:56 PM
So she has furloughed all players irrespective of their actual wage? Then that means no defferments as per the Hibermian solution. She has actually pressed the nuclear button as per her initial threat whilst not actually sacking anyone. Those who agreed to 50% cuts now find themselves on the same £500 less tax per week that the ordinary worker is on.

They really were skint paying high basic no incentive bonuses to a bunch of schisters. Hell mend them

That was what was just reported on BBC Scotland News about two minutes ago, yes.

KingPat4
03-04-2020, 05:56 PM
The Naismith thing is a laugh. He played for the Hun, Everton and Norwich, not to mentioning taking a large wedge from them for largly lying on a treatment table. He'll be minted anyway.

The 90+2
03-04-2020, 06:04 PM
“Clearly we have a different structure in place” does Budge forget the mystery benefactors why trying to make all the excuses under the sun?

The 90+2
03-04-2020, 06:05 PM

They wouldn’t get Boyce on £8k tempting him with a win bonus tbf.

hibbysam
03-04-2020, 06:07 PM
In her first statement a few weeks ago she stated that ‘we have asked all full time employees, managers, coaches, players and player back room staff, with effect from the beginning of April, to accept a 50% cut in their monthly salary, with the following caveats’

The caveats being living wage, no player would fall below this so they will be taking the full 50%, she had no idea how long for, and also anyone who didn’t agree could leave.

Now she is saying no one was asked to take a 50% cut... and those muppets are lapping it up 😂 she’s got them on strings.

04Sauzee
03-04-2020, 06:08 PM
Statement time again

Jambos are proud of that statement, tears on a balcony in Bulgaria, solo clapper socially distancing outside rhe main stand right now

where'stheslope
03-04-2020, 06:10 PM
The Budge statement:

Further to our update on Tuesday which outlined action taken by the club to safeguard jobs, and the club’s future in these challenging times, I wanted to share some further information with our supporters.

As stated earlier this week, we have utilised the Government’s Job Retention Scheme and furloughed the majority of non-football employees. A number of staff continue to work, albeit from home. They are carrying out a number of essential functions, including planning for the return of football, keeping in touch with supporters, essential maintenance and importantly ensuring the wellbeing of our employees.
I would like to make it clear that no employee, whether furloughed or working, at any level in the Club has been asked to take a 50% cut. The majority of cuts fall below 30%. Some employees have very kindly offered to take larger cuts or in some cases to forgo their salaries entirely. We should add that we are now investigating the implications of the Job Retention Scheme for our casual workers. We are absolutely delighted at the support received from staff.
We are also planning to furlough all players and while discussions are still ongoing with the first team squad, we would like to make it clear that since the introduction of the Job Retention Scheme, no player has been asked to take more than a 30% reduction in wage.
A number of players have already agreed to our proposed terms. Steven Naismith is standing by his original offer to accept a 50% cut and indeed one of our younger players is refusing to take any wages at all over this period. We thank every player for their support and hopefully we will conclude all discussions very soon.
Much has been reported about the Club’s stance in asking all staff, including players, to accept temporary wage cuts while other clubs have negotiated on the basis of wage deferrals. I have explained to all first team players individually and indeed to the SPFA why we believe this is the most appropriate course of action for Hearts.
In the same way that the impact of wage cuts impacts every individual differently, depending on their personal commitments and lifestyle, so too, does this current crisis impact differently upon different clubs. We do not all have the same business model. For example, we do not all have the same wage structure. While some clubs choose to pay lower basic wages topped up by bonus payments, other clubs pay higher basic wages and make less use of bonuses. Hearts fits into this latter category which, in this current situation, means we have a bigger challenge.
Similarly, we do not all have the same ownership structure. Clearly some clubs have private owners while others are owned by groups of investors. Access to investment capital during periods of crisis can therefore be very different for different clubs. Hearts is, of course, different again, given that we are on the cusp of moving to fan ownership.
I have a legal obligation to transfer majority ownership to the fans and not to seek external investment from other sources. I also have a moral obligation not to burden the club with football debt, that can never be written off, where I would simply be passing this problem on to the new owners…the fans.
We will continue to discuss these issues but at this point in time we believe that asking for wage cuts is the most appropriate way to safeguard the club, not just in the short term, but in the medium to long term. We also believe it is morally the right thing to do when everyone on the planet is faced with making sacrifices.
We thank the fans, our sponsors and our business partners for their continued and unwavering support and will continue to share accurate and honest information with you across our own channels.
While these are difficult and uncertain times, the club continues to do its utmost to stand by its employees, fans, sponsors and the wider community.

It states only 30% wage cuts, not the reported 50%?
Seems open and transparent, though not sure if will their players are all on board?
But then again our players will receive full salary eventually, though papers say they are taking wage cuts???
I think we are all getting mixed messages from press and media to suit their own agendas!!!!

PatHead
03-04-2020, 06:12 PM
Statement time again

Just as well they weren't relying on win bonuses. 😂 Highlights how they are such a bad way. No incentive to win the game.

Hibs4185
03-04-2020, 06:13 PM
Just read 8-10 lines of her statement.

She is a liar. Pure and simple. No player was asked to take a 50% pay cut. Lies

Long may the queen reign at tynecastle.

Thank goodness we have LD

Billy Whizz
03-04-2020, 06:15 PM
In her first statement a few weeks ago she stated that ‘we have asked all full time employees, managers, coaches, players and player back room staff, with effect from the beginning of April, to accept a 50% cut in their monthly salary, with the following caveats’

The caveats being living wage, no player would fall below this so they will be taking the full 50%, she had no idea how long for, and also anyone who didn’t agree could leave.

Now she is saying no one was asked to take a 50% cut... and those muppets are lapping it up �� she’s got them on strings.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5-6

She did

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 06:19 PM
So the tax payer is now paying all the Hearts players, no benefactors cash, no fans cash just paid by the taxpayers. Just wait until the transfer window opens and they’re splurging their ‘big team’ benefactors money on players the wee teams can’t afford again. They are utterly shameless morons, disgusting. 😡

hibbyfraelibby
03-04-2020, 06:20 PM
She is either terminally stupid, being deliberately perverse or suffering from a recognisable health condition. Its that or she rightly assesses the mental capacity and gullability of the Hurtz support at a level somewhat below a 3 year old chimp

1. You cannot be put on furlough and continue to be paid by your employer.

2. No player is being asked to take a 50% pay cut because she intend imposing furlough so the government pays them £500 p/w less tax max.

3. But...You actually need to consent, as an employee, to go on furlough.

4. Anyone who agreed a cut has just had the ground cut from under their feet.

5. The funds are non existant and April could see their demise...again

B.H.F.C
03-04-2020, 06:22 PM
She is either terminally stupid, being deliberately perverse or suffering from a recognisable health condition. Its that or she rightly assesses the mental capacity and gullability of the Hurtz support at a level somewhat below a 3 year old chimp

Aye you can. You just can’t do any work.

hibbysam
03-04-2020, 06:23 PM

2. No player is being asked to take a 50% pay cut because she intend imposing furlough so the government pays them £500 p/w less tax max.

The employer can continue to ‘top up’ wages if they want to, on top of the governments 80%.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 06:24 PM
So the tax payer is now paying all the Hearts players, no benefactors cash, no fans cash just paid by the taxpayers. Just wait until the transfer window opens and they’re splurging their ‘big team’ benefactors money on players the wee teams can’t afford again. They are utterly shameless morons, disgusting. 😡

The taxpayer is not paying the players. The maximum is £2,500 per month.

Lee Marvin
03-04-2020, 06:25 PM
The employer can continue to ‘top up’ wages if they want to, on top of the governments 80%.

I think hibs are doing this, but paying their players back.

Budge is oure ****. Plain and simple.

These muppets better get a transfer embargo or some sort of punishment

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 06:26 PM

They’re paying every player £2,500 per month are they not, whilst we’re not using tax payers money to cover our players wages?

Edit: a huge squad into the bargain!

Sergio sledge
03-04-2020, 06:26 PM

The government will pay 80% of your normal salary up to a maximum of £2,500 per month. The employer can then choose to top up this payment if they want. They've decided to furlough all playing staff to be able to claim up to £2,500 per month per player from the government and then top up their salaries so that players only take a maximum of 30% pay cut.

RoYO!
03-04-2020, 06:27 PM

Now she is saying no one was asked to take a 50% cut... and those muppets are lapping it up 😂 she’s got them on strings.

For any Duncan's looking in...

Have a read of that.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2020, 06:27 PM

Crops, how would a club account for this up to, £2,500 per person
Would it go against revenue, which could be taxed at year end?

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 06:29 PM
Hearts are topping up the rest of the players wages above the £2500 a month. They have to because they have not agreed any cuts with their players.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 06:29 PM
They’re paying every player £2,500 per month are they not, whilst we’re not using tax payers money to cover our players wages?

I don't know what every player is earning, so I can't say. If they're earning over £2,500 per month, they won't get any more from the taxpayer. The club can choose to pay more

As for us, we don't yet know if the players are being furloughed.

Deansy
03-04-2020, 06:30 PM
'......... and indeed one of our younger players is refusing to take any wages at all over this period'

Guaranteed she's talking about one of their schoolboy signings !

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 06:31 PM
Hearts are topping up the rest of the players wages above the £2500 a month. They have to because they have not agreed any cuts with their players.

Imagine asking the government to donate £2,500 a month to players on £6k per week. It’s a joke.

Sergio sledge
03-04-2020, 06:32 PM
There's a couple of crazy things about that statement.

1. They're paying a high basic wage and lower bonuses, you can see why Naismith and Boyce signed for them, no incentive to play, play well and win. They'll still get their high wages no matter what. There's a balance to be struck between wages and bonuses to sign players and keep them motivated and I think you can see from the state of their performances that they've gone too far on the wages side and it has demotivated the players.

2. Why is she mentioning "football debts that can't be written off?" The only situation that this would matter would be if they went into administration. She must be concerned that this is a possibility for hearts if she is mentioning it...

hibbyfraelibby
03-04-2020, 06:32 PM
Aye you can. You just can’t do any work.

The furlough.money is paid through your employer's payroll sysyem not directly and it comes with strings. The government will also pay the NI and pension contribition up to £300 p/m

From the Treasury guidance

What does furlough mean?

"While furloughed employees still technically retain their jobs, the furlough itself means that they cease working for their employers and do not earn a salary. The idea is that this is a temporary arrangement, and workers will one day be able to return to their jobs."

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 06:33 PM
Crops, how would a club account for this up to, £2,500 per person
Would it go against revenue, which could be taxed at year end?

It's taxable. But the employer also pays out, so it's neutral in tax terms.

hibbyfraelibby
03-04-2020, 06:34 PM

What does furlough mean?
‘Furloughed worker’ is not a recognised term in UK employment law, although it is commonly used in the US. Government guidance says someone is furloughed if they remain employed but are not undertaking work. To furlough means to “lay off or suspend temporarily”, usually without pay. In the UK, the legal term would be “laid off”.

While furloughed employees still technically retain their jobs, the furlough itself means that they cease working for their employers and do not earn a salary. The idea is that this is a temporary arrangement, and workers will one day be able to return to their jobs."

B.H.F.C
03-04-2020, 06:34 PM
The furlough.money is paid through your employer's payroll sysyem not directly and it comes with strings. The government will also pay the NI and pension contribition up to £300 p/m

From the Treasury guidance

What does furlough mean?

"While furloughed employees still technically retain their jobs, the furlough itself means that they cease working for their employers and do not earn a salary. The idea is that this is a temporary arrangement, and workers will one day be able to return to their jobs."

Employer can still top it up.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 06:35 PM
Imagine asking the government to donate £2,500 a month to players on £6k per week. It’s a joke.

Every other company in the UK will likely be doing it, so why shouldn't they?

greenginger
03-04-2020, 06:35 PM
It may be the auditors/accountants who are delaying finalising the accounts or Auditor's Report. The CV is a pretty big Post Balance Sheet event, and its implications for Bidco could be huge. If that's their view, it's wise to delay their publication.

It wouldn't surprise me if many auditors are taking that view just now.

It hasn’t prevent our accounts being submitted to Companies House.

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 06:36 PM
I don't know what every player is earning, so I can't say. If they're earning over £2,500 per month, they won't get any more from the taxpayer. The club can choose to pay more

As for us, we don't yet know if the players are being furloughed.

I understand what it means but they appear to be taking government funds to cover some of all their players wages. Players they couldn’t afford to sign and a few who are reputed to be on £6k a week. They have benifactors ploughing in millions to make them the big team but are happy to sit back and let the government bail them out!

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 06:36 PM
What does furlough mean?
‘Furloughed worker’ is not a recognised term in UK employment law, although it is commonly used in the US. Government guidance says someone is furloughed if they remain employed but are not undertaking work. To furlough means to “lay off or suspend temporarily”, usually without pay. In the UK, the legal term would be “laid off”.

While furloughed employees still technically retain their jobs, the furlough itself means that they cease working for their employers and do not earn a salary. The idea is that this is a temporary arrangement, and workers will one day be able to return to their jobs."

They can pay 100% if they want.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 06:38 PM
It hasn’t prevent our accounts being submitted to Companies House.

They were signed off by the auditors pre CV, or at least before the full implications became known

Billy Whizz
03-04-2020, 06:38 PM
There's a couple of crazy things about that statement.

1. They're paying a high basic wage and lower bonuses, you can see why Naismith and Boyce signed for them, no incentive to play, play well and win. They'll still get their high wages no matter what. There's a balance to be struck between wages and bonuses to sign players and keep them motivated and I think you can see from the state of their performances that they've gone too far on the wages side and it has demotivated the players.

2. Why is she mentioning "football debts that can't be written off?" The only situation that this would matter would be if they went into administration. She must be concerned that this is a possibility for hearts if she is mentioning it...

On point 2, how much have they got outstanding in transfer and loan payments

hibbysam
03-04-2020, 06:42 PM
What does furlough mean?

I’m not sure what part is difficult here, but the government have made it very clear that employers can still pay the employee 100%. The only caveat so to speak is that they don’t carry out any work during this time.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 06:48 PM
I understand what it means but they appear to be taking government funds to cover some of all their players wages. Players they couldn’t afford to sign and a few who are reputed to be on £6k a week. They have benifactors ploughing in millions to make them the big team but are happy to sit back and let the government bail them out!

Are other clubs not doing that, though?

Are we?

Zambernardi1875
03-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Hearts taking advantage of the furloughed option will then have a financial advantage when things go back to normal then no?

Keith_M
03-04-2020, 06:51 PM
Just read 8-10 lines of her statement.

She is a liar. Pure and simple. No player was asked to take a 50% pay cut. Lies

That sounds like Trump when quoted his previous statement on the Coronavirus that completely contradicts what he's saying now... he just replied "Fake News".

Maybe he went to Tynecastle for advice as well.

Joe6-2
03-04-2020, 06:52 PM
Sick of her rambling and I'm not even a Jambo 😂

Of course you’re not, or you’d believe it

G B Young
03-04-2020, 06:53 PM
I've lost track of where Hearts are going with all this. Budge seems to change her tune with the wind. Fair to say she lost the plot some time ago.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 06:53 PM
Hibs have furloughed the players as well. All clubs will. Be mad not too.
Hearts are having to top their players wages up to the full amount though, unlike us.

Lee Marvin
03-04-2020, 06:54 PM

Are we?

Let's be honest, we are missing a trick and will be paying out a lot more than our competition if we are not doing it.

The difference being we are not demanding our players take a pay cut, unlike the dictatorship across the road

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Hearts taking advantage of the furloughed option will then have a financial advantage when things go back to normal then no?

Over whom?

Raith Rovers and Arbroath? :cb

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 06:57 PM

Are we?

I presumed our back room staff are on the scheme but the players are deferring between 20% and 50% of their wages until its over and the club can pay back the missing wages. There is no mention of our players taking any furlough payments. I just find it ridiculous that a footballer earning more than the prime minister is willing to take hand outs from the government at this time. These benefactors will be back ploughing money into Hearts as soon as they see an angle to take advantage of teams who are struggling through, it boils my blood what they get away with, it’s years and years of spending beyond their means and getting bailed out. Then they ran it down your throat how big they are, it’s disgusting IMO.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2020, 06:58 PM

Not really. If Boyce is on say £24k per month, they are still having to pay the difference, a wee saving but not much

Peevemor
03-04-2020, 06:58 PM
The u-turns being made on JKB from what they were saying after our statement to what they're now saying after Budge's are hilarious.

What a bunch of cocks.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 06:59 PM
I presumed our back room staff are on the scheme but the players are deferring between 20% and 50% of their wages until its over and the club can pay back the missing wages. There is no mention of our players taking any furlough payments. I just find it ridiculous that a footballer earning more than the prime minister is willing to take hand outs from the government at this time. These benefactors will be back ploughing money into Hearts as soon as they see an angle to take advantage of teams who are struggling through, it boils my blood what they get away with, it’s years and years of spending beyond their means and getting bailed out. Then they ran it down your throat how big they are, it’s disgusting IMO.

As has been said, we'd be daft not to.

And the club statement is fairly clear that we are.

Waxy
03-04-2020, 07:00 PM
The whole football situation is brutal.
NHS workers what they are doing just now and for how much.
Then footballers.

Ozyhibby

Our players have been furloughed as well. It’s in the statement released by the club.

B.H.F.C
Over whom?

Raith Rovers and Arbroath? :cb

Remember, no actually having a financial advantage doesn’t stop them spending money. They just spend it on the things they want to spend it on as opposed to paying their bills.

Lee Marvin

This is where iam.

f they dont receive a transfer embargo or some other type of punishment, I might chuck the toys our of the pram and be done with football for a while (after buying my season ticket fwiw)..

malcolm
03-04-2020, 07:01 PM

As will every club that is doing so (including Hibs who have confirmed this) but calling it an advantage is like saying throwing a drowning person a life belt is an advantage when not having fallen overboard, worn a life jacket or having learned to swim would have been the advantage. :wink:

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 07:02 PM
Our players have been furloughed as well. It’s in the statement released by the club.

The statement I read said the staff had been furloughed but the players were taking a wage cut? Sorry wage deferral!

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 07:04 PM
The statement I read said the staff had been furloughed but the players were taking a wage cut? Sorry wage deferral!

The players are staff :cb

Read it again, it's pretty clear. The only non-furloughed staff are a "core group."

Lee Marvin
03-04-2020, 07:04 PM
As has been said, we'd be daft not to.

Just because we haven't declared it, doesn't mean we aren't doing it.

We kind of of have said so. We said the majority of 'people' have been furloughed

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 07:05 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200403/ef398bfb50d6a49c82df74a3f8759c53.jpg

B.H.F.C
03-04-2020, 07:06 PM

Hibernian FC today thanked all of its employees – staff and players – after the club reached mutual agreement to furlough the majority of its people following a period of constructive consultation in order to protect jobs and incomes. A core group, including some senior managers, ticket office and communications staff, are continuing to work from home to keep the club’s operations moving forward.

Based on the above I’d say the players have been furloughed. They would have been reference amongst those not furloughed if they hadn’t been.

Club can still pay over and above the £2,500 they will receive for them so still possible to defer part of the wage as well.

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 07:07 PM

Read it again, it's pretty clear. The only non-furloughed staff are a "core group."

Well you obviously have a knack for reading these things but it certainly didn’t read to me the players had been furloughed. Not disagreeing just saying 😊

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 07:09 PM
Well you obviously have a knack for reading these things but it certainly didn’t read to me the players had been furloughed. Not disagreeing just saying 😊

I did have to read it a couple of times, tbf.

So, we agreed.... we're getting Government cash for our players? :greengrin

jacomo
03-04-2020, 07:09 PM

Make sense of this if you can. I can’t!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52160117

Much like their new main stand, appointment of sporting directors and signing policy, Budge is rudderless and adrift but still demanding to be addressed as captain.

The 90+2
03-04-2020, 07:10 PM
Hibs have furloughed the players as well. All clubs will. Be mad not too.
Hearts are having to top their players wages up to the full amount though, unlike us.

What happened to the league clause allowing them to tear up contracts or suspend pay with a March 30 deadline?

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 07:13 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200403/ef398bfb50d6a49c82df74a3f8759c53.jpg

“Senior staff and players have also agreed to defer a significant percentage of their income. This will help the club manage its finances through this difficult period. The Chairman has said that the club will repay any shortfall in earnings over an agreed period once things return to normal.

This bit sounded to me that the players were on a deferral not furlough but I agree it can be read the other way too. It isn’t clear that our players are furloughed from that statement, well not to me. 👍

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 07:15 PM

So, we agreed.... we're getting Government cash for our players? :greengrin

If you say so 😊

03-04-2020, 07:17 PM
Ann Budge - 18th March 2020 - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5-6

“We have asked all full-time employees, managers, coaches, players and player back-room staff, with effect from the beginning of April, to accept a 50% cut in their monthly salary”

Ann Budge - 3rd April 2020 - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/an-update-from-our-chairman

“I would like to make it clear that no employee, whether furloughed or working, at any level in the Club has been asked to take a 50% cut.”

What a despicable little organisation.

Keith_M
03-04-2020, 07:22 PM
Ann Budge - 18th March 2020 - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5-6

“We have asked all full-time employees, managers, coaches, players and player back-room staff, with effect from the beginning of April, to accept a 50% cut in their monthly salary”

Ann Budge - 3rd April 2020 - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/an-update-from-our-chairman

“I would like to make it clear that no employee, whether furloughed or working, at any level in the Club has been asked to take a 50% cut.”

"we would like to make it clear that since the introduction of the Job Retention Scheme,

no player has been asked to take more than a 30 per cent reduction in wage."

So they have actually tried to get players to take a 50% pay cut, until the Government announced the Job Retention Scheme.

After that, they tried to get them to take a 30% pay cut (presumably only because the players had already refused the 50% cut).

The devil is in the details

:wink:

Greenworld
03-04-2020, 07:23 PM

So, we agreed.... we're getting Government cash for our players? :greengrinI had to re read it also I never
noticed that. That to me indicates the season is over .

Iggy Pope
03-04-2020, 07:27 PM

A ****ing lying old hound.

Aldo
03-04-2020, 07:29 PM
A ****ing lying old hound.

Yip classy as ever.

Lie after lie yet she spouts more every spouts more with every statement.

Iggy Pope
03-04-2020, 07:31 PM

Does that mean, in your take, that the players, or some of them. get a basic government furlough payment and have deferred the balance of their pay until better times?

mjh
03-04-2020, 07:37 PM
Am i correct in my reading of the statement in concluding that the majority of hearts players & the PFA have not agreed to her revised proposals ?

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2020, 07:43 PM
Does that mean, in your take, that the players, or some of them. get a basic government furlough payment and have deferred the balance of their pay until better times?

TBH, I don't know the answer to that. But bear with me.....

The statement says "Individual arrangements remain confidential, however employees have agreed to defer salaries by between 20 per cent and 50 per cent.".

If some (presumably the higher earners) have deferred 50%, and were "only" getting paid the basic £2,500 per month, that would mean that they were on about £75k pa. £1,400 pw... probably not the case.

In short, I think they will be getting more than the £2,500.

DJ HIBBY
03-04-2020, 07:50 PM
I had to re read it also I never
noticed that. That to me indicates the season is over .

Not really, you can be taken off furlough at any time, it doesn’t have to be a fixed period.

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 07:55 PM

The statement says "Individual arrangements remain confidential, however employees have agreed to defer salaries by between 20 per cent and 50 per cent.".

If some (presumably the higher earners) have deferred 50%, and were "only" getting paid the basic £2,500 per month, that would mean that they were on about £75k pa. £1,400 pw... probably not the case.

In short, I think they will be getting more than that £2,500.

I actually wonder just how much clubs are short? The bonus of a SC semi
Is just a bonus and there is obviously the away crowds that would have seen a full away end on maybe a couple of occasions. There must be loads of other costs we and others don’t have to pay out though. With only eight games remaining and presuming 50% being at home, it does sound like extreme measures given 80% (pure guess) of our tickets have been sold as ST’s. Obviously if this goes beyond this season then everyone will be in the 💩. Not trying to underestimate the problem but we’ve got around 13,000 already paid in for our remaining home games. A few seasons ago that would have been brilliant .

As a post script, I had tickets for the Grand National tomorrow which I’ve had a full refund, I wouldn’t ask or want a refund for my missed ST games but it makes you think.

Iggy Pope
03-04-2020, 08:09 PM

In short, I think they will be getting more than the £2,500.

The club making up the individual’s deficit on the government furlough payment to another set percentage maybe, then making up the rest later as the deferred part. Sounds like that to me and level thinking from employer and employees.

Hibs4185
03-04-2020, 08:34 PM
So as an employer myself. You pay your furloughed staff member 80% of their wage or 100% if you so wish.

The government gives you back 80%. You actually have to pay the salary for the month though then the government is paying you back at the end of April.

The question is, do hearts have the money to pay the wages until April?

jacomo
03-04-2020, 09:24 PM
Yip classy as ever.

Lie after lie yet she spouts more every spouts more with every statement.

As usual she is woefully out of her depth.

Green Badger
03-04-2020, 10:00 PM

Has there ever been such a blatant example of undeniable bare faced lying in Scottish Fitba?

Del Boy
03-04-2020, 10:03 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-ready-declare-celtic-champions-21810379

It’s getting closer

Bostonhibby
03-04-2020, 10:04 PM

Who to believe?

The Hearts mouthpiece or the Hearts ring piece?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200403/ec651eea92933297fa594ad287c68b70.jpg

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The 90+2
03-04-2020, 10:10 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-ready-declare-celtic-champions-21810379

It’s getting closer

Yasss.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 10:11 PM

It’s getting closer

Financial reality is that calling this season over is what is best for Scotland’s clubs and with things the way they are I can’t see them acting against their own self interest.

tamig
03-04-2020, 10:58 PM

Thats not correct. Thats not what her statement said at all. Did you read it?

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 11:05 PM
Thats not correct. Thats not what her statement said at all. Did you read it?

I did read the statement and it clearly says they have not come to an agreement with their players. If they have not come to any agreement then they can furlough them but they still have to make sure they are paid in full. Anything else is a breach of their playing contract.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200403/d7dede535e44e63d19b573a6e0892036.plist

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 11:09 PM
I did read the statement and it clearly says they have not come to an agreement with their players. If they have not come to any agreement then they can furlough them but they still have to make sure they are paid in full. Anything else is a breach of their playing contract.

Is that right? Surely if a company has no money and furlough staff, they have no obligation to pay anything more under the circumstances. That’s my take on it.

B.H.F.C
03-04-2020, 11:17 PM
Is that right? Surely if a company has no money and furlough staff, they have no obligation to pay anything more under the circumstances. That’s my take on it.

Not obligated to. But employees also need to agree to be furloughed, unless there is anything in your contract that allows it. If you refuse it might result in redundancy. But you still need to agree to it.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 11:19 PM

That is the case for normal employees. If Hearts do that to footballers though they will be breaching football contracts which is against the laws of the game. Fifa rules also ensure that clubs cannot break players contracts. They would be looking at points deductions, fines and transfer embargo’s. And at the end of it all they would still need to pay the players.

Real Emerald
03-04-2020, 11:19 PM
Not obligated to. But employees also need to agree to be furloughed, unless there is anything in your contract that allows it. If you refuse it might result in redundancy. But you still need to agree to it.

Every days’s a learning day with this 👍