PDA

View Full Version : Yams The generic Hearts thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

cocteautwin
19-03-2020, 07:38 AM
If we use that logic and think that hibs reserves are depleted then the rest of the clubs in that table are totally screwed.

It's not about logic, it's just a matter of accounting fact. It's all part of the normal annual cycle of cash that football clubs experience. They get their biggest cash inflows in Apr/May/Jun when the season ticket money comes in and the cash balances look high on the balance sheet if year end is 30 June (but there is a deferred creditor to offset this). There's no right or wrong here - it's just the way it is and it's normal for Hibs. Cash balances are high at year end and the cash is then used over the course of the season. Until the new season ticket monies arrive our balance at the bank is probably quite low. It's normal.

What isn't normal is a football club taking in all the early season ticket money in Apr/May/Jun and spending it all by 30 June 2019 - which is exactly what Hearts have done at the start of the current season and one can see this in their accounts where they have a low cash balance when they should have had large balances of season ticket money.

If HMFC's benefactor has indeed turned off the tap then they are in serious doo doo unless Budge ponys up the cash. The second part of your sentence above where you mention that some clubs might be screwed totally applies to HMFC in these circumstances.

FilipinoHibs
19-03-2020, 07:41 AM
All true.

So has the SPL rules changed since Motherwell made 19 players redundant?

HFC93
19-03-2020, 07:42 AM
The fact he’s a daft wee Jambo?

I hear the he's Celtic minded.

Bostonhibby
19-03-2020, 07:44 AM
All true.Think rule E31.2 might take care of it?

E31.2 As at 31 January in each calendar year a Club and the Candidate Club must not
have any Overdue Payables, see description of Overdue Payables in Rules E31.4
and E31.5, towards any of its Players, coaching or football management staff,
including those formerly employed by the Club and the Candidate Club in such
role

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
19-03-2020, 07:47 AM
We are probably in a slightly better position as we've just had a Derby at home meaning we shifted 3,500 tickets at 30 a pop.

That won't stretch too far unfortunately, so we just need to hope that someone at the club has been sensible and kept a rainy day fund.

Don't take any particular joy in them asking staff to take pay cuts and ticket office staff and club shop staff getting shafted tbh.

Hope they’ve paid us for the tickets?

cocteautwin
19-03-2020, 07:48 AM
While thats 100% correct we have also had income since the start of the season. In addition to routine walk ups & away support, say an average of £40k per game, we've had 4 games against the uglies & our ugly neighbours which will have generated about £500k. We should all be concerned but, comparatively, we're in a decent place.

Yup, I think this to be the case.

JimBHibees
19-03-2020, 07:49 AM
They don’t need to find a new club. They can stay at Hearts on full pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And let's remember guys like Naismith and many others were given long and expensive contracts which will still have a number of years left on them.

Kaiser1962
19-03-2020, 07:49 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200318/4e828c1ac68cefae849ed569ec51ee1e.jpg

Interesting tweet from Bella Caledonia a couple of days ago - some interesting figures there and the end column gives a good insight into who is going to handle the lay-off best.

Top marks to some of the other well run teams - St Johnstone and Livi in particular.

The teams with overspending form, not so good.

So, according to this, Hearts operating costs are near half a million a month more than Hibs? Can any of the financial guys confirm this?

Peevemor
19-03-2020, 07:50 AM
It's not about logic, it's just a matter of accounting fact. It's all part of the normal annual cycle of cash that football clubs experience. They get their biggest cash inflows in Apr/May/Jun when the season ticket money comes in and the cash balances look high on the balance sheet if year end is 30 June (but there is a deferred creditor to offset this). There's no right or wrong here - it's just the way it is and it's normal for Hibs. Cash balances are high at year end and the cash is then used over the course of the season. Until the new season ticket monies arrive our balance at the bank is probably quite low. It's normal.

What isn't normal is a football club taking in all the early season ticket money in Apr/May/Jun and spending it all by 30 June 2019 - which is exactly what Hearts have done at the start of the current season and one can see this in their accounts where they have a low cash balance when they should have had large balances of season ticket money.

If HMFC's benefactor has indeed turned off the tap then they are in serious doo doo unless Budge ponys up the cash. The second part of your sentence above where you mention that some clubs might be screwed totally applies to HMFC in these circumstances.

It's like someone living with an overdraft that's about the same as their monthly take-home. You can live with it (though often touch and go) and will even be in credit for a few days at a time, but as soon as there's an unforeseen problem you're goosed.

JimBHibees
19-03-2020, 07:51 AM
The height of delusion.

We are in a better position to survive the financial meltdown than most.

Was that a Budge comment?

Oscar T Grouch
19-03-2020, 07:52 AM
While I’m trying to take pleasure from the hertz woes I’m finding it difficult purely down to the fact that this is effecting so many people I know, most of whom are lost and scared and have no idea how their future is going to pan out. I’ve heard from mates who drive buses, working in kitchens, work in retail all who’ve been laid off this week, more have been told their hours are being cut in half. It’s distressing to see so many people in trouble. Hertz may be the first but I genuinely think we’re going to lose quite a few football clubs because of this crisis. Mostly smaller community clubs but a few of the big boys will be run close to the edge and a few may fall over it. I have sympathy for the lower paid staff because like most of us, they have no savings to fall back on. This pandemic could lead to another 1930s type depression. It is very worrying when we have in government a party who couldn’t care less for the poor and vulnerable in society. I know it’s hertz but we should all try and look at the bigger picture. Yes they’ve been badly managed for years and pissed millions up the wall but there are a lot of normal working people at that club who are facing a real crisis, who have no blame at their feet bar working for hertz.
I hope the human race will see themselves through this pandemic with a view to changing things for the better, I fear we will come through this more cynical and detached from each other though. I like seeing hertz in trouble normally but given the bigger picture is rather bleak I find it hard to take pleasure from their current crisis.

FilipinoHibs
19-03-2020, 07:58 AM
And let's remember guys like Naismith and many others were given long and expensive contracts which will still have a number of years left on them.

Rule E17 says if a club enters an insolvency event the club is not breaking SPL rules in not paying players.

greenginger
19-03-2020, 08:11 AM
Rule E17 says if a club enters an insolvency event the club is not breaking SPL rules in not paying players.

Which means an automatic 15 point deduction this season and starting next season on minus 5 points.

GreenCastle
19-03-2020, 08:11 AM
While I’m trying to take pleasure from the hertz woes I’m finding it difficult purely down to the fact that this is effecting so many people I know, most of whom are lost and scared and have no idea how their future is going to pan out. I’ve heard from mates who drive buses, working in kitchens, work in retail all who’ve been laid off this week, more have been told their hours are being cut in half. It’s distressing to see so many people in trouble. Hertz may be the first but I genuinely think we’re going to lose quite a few football clubs because of this crisis. Mostly smaller community clubs but a few of the big boys will be run close to the edge and a few may fall over it. I have sympathy for the lower paid staff because like most of us, they have no savings to fall back on. This pandemic could lead to another 1930s type depression. It is very worrying when we have in government a party who couldn’t care less for the poor and vulnerable in society. I know it’s hertz but we should all try and look at the bigger picture. Yes they’ve been badly managed for years and pissed millions up the wall but there are a lot of normal working people at that club who are facing a real crisis, who have no blame at their feet bar working for hertz.
I hope the human race will see themselves through this pandemic with a view to changing things for the better, I fear we will come through this more cynical and detached from each other though. I like seeing hertz in trouble normally but given the bigger picture is rather bleak I find it hard to take pleasure from their current crisis.

While I agree with some of what you say..

The bit I find hard is that surely after the last mess they should learnt to made changes.

You could argue Budge has spent more than Romanov with the mess of the main stand and all the donations.

They shafted a lot of folk previously - some I know and you would think they would learnt.

Heart and soul of Edinburgh / community led etc but bottom line is they have wasted a lot of money on staff like Boyce, Levein and even paying a fortune for a new manager.

Remember this is the club who forgot to order seats for a new stand - if I was offered work with them I would have serious concerns about payment and the stability of being involved.

Skol
19-03-2020, 08:19 AM
The way Hearts have been run since the rose from the ashes has contributed to the situation they find themselves in.

However, if as seems likely there is no quick end to this crisis, then everyone will follow suit. There will be no choice

FilipinoHibs
19-03-2020, 08:19 AM
Which means an automatic 15 point deduction this season and starting next season on minus 5 points.

Yes they would be best to do it now before the season ends or is ended. Take the 15 points hit now and only had start 5 points down in the championship.

Oscar T Grouch
19-03-2020, 08:21 AM
While I agree with some of what you say..

The bit I find hard is that surely after the last mess they should learnt to made changes.

You could argue Budge has spent more than Romanov with the mess of the main stand and all the donations.

They shafted a lot of folk previously - some I know and you would think they would learnt.

Heart and soul of Edinburgh / community led etc but bottom line is they have wasted a lot of money on staff like Boyce, Levein and even paying a fortune for a new manager.

Remember this is the club who forgot to order seats for a new stand - if I was offered work with them I would have serious concerns about payment and the stability of being involved.

We’ve all worked for ***** companies over the years. It’s irrelevant how they mismanaged for years to those low paid workers. I have little sympathy for the bosses at hertz, though they’re probably in the same boat, they may well have savings to see them through. Like I said it’s the bigger picture you see behind all the mismanagement at hertz that takes the pleasure of their strife away from me. If covid19 hadn’t happened, hertz would have been relegated and found themselves in similar trouble I’d have less sympathy and there would be other jobs for the lower earners to get, that isn’t the case right now.

Alex Trager
19-03-2020, 08:23 AM
We should offer Hickey a contract now

I’m not sure the boy with 51 on the back of his top would leave them so easily.

Bostonhibby
19-03-2020, 08:24 AM
Which means an automatic 15 point deduction this season and starting next season on minus 5 points."Act of God" MAY offer an exception to that, however the rules on admission to / membership of the league at E31 is where they might come unstuck depending on the nature of their earlier implosion?

I'm no lawyer, and if I was I wouldn't be a football one[emoji6]

edinburghhibee
19-03-2020, 08:29 AM
Personally, I’m not gonna be laughing my cock off at our pink chums across the road. We have no idea what’s going on behind our own doors just now. So I think it’s best we sit tight.

Yes they’ve overspent on player, staff and the stand but that’s not the support, and yes I’m aware they could have moaned and questioned a bit more.

I have good friends and family members who are of the yam persuasion and although right now their own home life is more of a concern I’d hate for them not to have their club at the end of it all. Families not getting to what their team at the weekends the banter between the fans.

I’ve More respect for the folk who go to Tynecastle every week than the hordes that visit Glasgow and travel up and down the country supporting a team they live nowhere near or have no connection to.

Relegation, By all means, they’ve been brutal this last year and deserve to go down. But admin and going pop! Na not for me. I love the derbies.

Kato
19-03-2020, 08:29 AM
Compared to every other club in the league outwith the uglies they have had vast amounts of money pumped into them over the last few years, with a large wedge of it unearned income like FOH contributions and 'mystery' donations, but what have they done with that money?

I wonder how much cash has been through their books this century. £83-£120Million (depending on which source you believe) during Vlad's tenure. £28Million from "donations" since then as well as their normal income. A portion of the £19Million when the were owned the Pie-Man. During that time they won 2 SC's and have built a money pit of rust bucket to replace their old rust-bucket.

Mismanagement on a huge scale.

GreenCastle
19-03-2020, 08:33 AM
We’ve all worked for ***** companies over the years. It’s irrelevant how they mismanaged for years to those low paid workers. I have little sympathy for the bosses at hertz, though they’re probably in the same boat, they may well have savings to see them through. Like I said it’s the bigger picture you see behind all the mismanagement at hertz that takes the pleasure of their strife away from me. If covid19 hadn’t happened, hertz would have been relegated and found themselves in similar trouble I’d have less sympathy and there would be other jobs for the lower earners to get, that isn’t the case right now.

I do agree with you in a way like I said but like I said above it’s a club who you would think after the last mess wouldn’t have ended up here.

Boyce is a prime example - huge risk on massive wages. Surely they would have thought...oh if we go down we will be paying large wages in a lower league...what about the knock on effects to rest of club / staff.

The only reason they aren’t handing over to FOH as it would be a disaster without enough ££.

This is a danger of being fan led - something like this could easily happen again.

James70
19-03-2020, 08:34 AM
I am getting a bit fed up with Budge's daily bleating as if Hearts are the only club affected, what is it with that woman that she constantly has to be the centre of attention. There has barely been a word uttered from our side of the city but the self pity gushing out from Tynecastle just now is pathetic.

rodhibs55
19-03-2020, 08:40 AM
It’s the gentle soothing sound of the pigeons wings, fluttering in on their journey home getting ready to roost.

Is it actually the sound of pigeons wing fluttering or is it a similar sound coming out of the Yams supporters toilets when they are thinking about the future of their club.

Col2
19-03-2020, 08:51 AM
Yes they would be best to do it now before the season ends or is ended. Take the 15 points hit now and only had start 5 points down in the championship.

We have been here before. They strung it out in 2013 which relegated Dundee when they should have had -15 point hit then.

stoneyburn hibs
19-03-2020, 08:53 AM
Is this a pre=empt into administration, knowing that they're getting relegated?

GreenCastle
19-03-2020, 08:53 AM
I wonder how much cash has been through their books this century. £83-£120Million (depending on which source you believe) during Vlad's tenure. £28Million from "donations" since then as well as their normal income. A portion of the £19Million when the were owned the Pie-Man. During that time they won 2 SC's and have built a money pit of rust bucket to replace their old rust-bucket.

Mismanagement on a huge scale.

Would love someone to work it all out:

Would be staggering the amount of money they have spent / wasted / not paid back to local folk in last 20 years.

Billy Whizz
19-03-2020, 08:54 AM
Is this a pre=empt into administration, knowing that they're getting relegated?

If they did, what is the points deduction, and when would it be deducted, this season or next

Caversham Green
19-03-2020, 08:58 AM
The bottom club get £1.12m - this is the minimum amount that any club will get and my understanding is that this is paid in instalments during the season. So even if we would be due £1.56m for finishng 6th, we might already have had about half of that.

The way it used to work before the original Rangers died was that each club got a total of 4% of the prize money distributed throughout the season and the remaining 52% is divided up according to league positions - I don't know if that still stands, but it would mean that Hibs have already received a fair chunk of the total fund but there's still quite a lot to come.

Some of the money is definitely distributed monthly - one of the statements from the SFA/SFPL confirmed that.

The 90+2
19-03-2020, 08:59 AM
If they did, what is the points deduction, and when would it be deducted, this season or next

15 then 5 (I think). They want the season to be kept open as long as possible Budge said, maybe it the alternative to going down in the next few days, the league is played out at a later date, go into admin now, 15 points and down regardless.

How the **** has she managed to spend £10m or so of the Foundation of hearts money as well as normal income and mystery benefactors money over the past 4 years? That’s almost ludicrous.

Ozyhibby
19-03-2020, 09:02 AM

They would be better to do it before this season is declared otherwise they would be 15 points down for their promotion campaign next season. If they do it quick it would be 15 of now which won’t matter and only 5 of next season.

Ozyhibby
19-03-2020, 09:04 AM
The way it used to work before the original Rangers died was that each club got a total of 4% of the prize money distributed throughout the season and the remaining 52% is divided up according to league positions - I don't know if that still stands, but it would mean that Hibs have already received a fair chunk of the total fund but there's still quite a lot to come.

Some of the money is definitely distributed monthly - one of the statements from the SFA/SFPL confirmed that.

The prize money is all still due to the clubs. There is a separate equal payment to all clubs that goes out monthly.

mvteng
19-03-2020, 09:07 AM

Hickey was actively trying to get out of hearts at the winter transfer window.

He has no loyalty to hearts, the 51 shirt is pure merchandising on hearts part

Green Blood
19-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Any suppliers of goods and services to HMFC you have been warned. Put them on credit stop and chase outstanding payments immediately. Once shafted quite shy is the motto here. They have history in this dept. You have been warned!

Caversham Green
19-03-2020, 09:14 AM
So, according to this, Hearts operating costs are near half a million a month more than Hibs? Can any of the financial guys confirm this?

Those monthly figures are the operating expenses for the year as taken from the last accounts divided by 12. The cash figure is the cash at bank figure at the end of the year and the 'days before running out figure' is those two figures inserted into a formula that I cba working out. The first two figures are a reasonable rule of thumb but by no means accurate. The third figure is pretty meaningless IMO.

So to answer your question - yes, Hearts operating costs are much higher than Hibs. Part of that is explained by the fact that Hearts have more of their commercial operations in-house which is why their turnover is about £5m more than Hibs but their costs are about £6m more.

MrSmith
19-03-2020, 09:15 AM
Y'know, their glass wall front of main stand looks awful like a Tesco building, maybe they could rent it out to them for the next few months for some extra income? Its only 1/3 complete so and wouldn't take much to convert. Also, their pitch reflects the old Ingliston Market car park so, they'd be ok for parking too.

Craig_in_Prague
19-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Personally, I’m not gonna be laughing my cock off at our pink chums across the road. We have no idea what’s going on behind our own doors just now. So I think it’s best we sit tight.

Yes they’ve overspent on player, staff and the stand but that’s not the support, and yes I’m aware they could have moaned and questioned a bit more.

I have good friends and family members who are of the yam persuasion and although right now their own home life is more of a concern I’d hate for them not to have their club at the end of it all. Families not getting to what their team at the weekends the banter between the fans.

I’ve More respect for the folk who go to Tynecastle every week than the hordes that visit Glasgow and travel up and down the country supporting a team they live nowhere near or have no connection to.

Relegation, By all means, they’ve been brutal this last year and deserve to go down. But admin and going pop! Na not for me. I love the derbies.

Get where you're coming from.
But, overspend for 35-40 years and you eventually pay the price.

NONE of there fans even realize what impact their crummy club had from Mad Vlad times and what credit damage was done.. nor any acknowledgement how lucky they were to come through admin.
So, I have no sympathy.

Green Blood
19-03-2020, 09:21 AM
“Hearts are probably in a healthier position to survive because they’re commercially debt free, their financial liabilities are close to zero and have one of the best businesswomen in the country, leading from the front.

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article20560787.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_RTP_SDR_101019_HeartsBook_020.jpg

Send this pic to all their suppliers, cheating bstrds. No shame at that club. This man is allegedly a politician!

edinburghhibee
19-03-2020, 09:26 AM
Get where you're coming from.
But, overspend for 35-40 years and you eventually pay the price.

NONE of there fans even realize what impact their crummy club had from Mad Vlad times and what credit damage was done.. nor any acknowledgement how lucky they were to come through admin.
So, I have no sympathy.

But my point is that it’s football fans in a nutshell. It wasn’t too long ago we were sitting 2nd bottom and we were shouting for the purse strings to be opened so we could get out of the mess we were in. Thankfully it doesn’t look like we over did it but that’s due to our board.

I’m sure if we went out and signed a whole whack of players beyond our means there wouldn’t be many on here saying “so and so’s a great signing, but where did we get the money???” You just get on with it.

My point is for decent normal folk, and there are some over that side of the fence, this isn’t looking great and through no fault of their own.

tamig
19-03-2020, 09:34 AM
But my point is that it’s football fans in a nutshell. It wasn’t too long ago we were sitting 2nd bottom and we were shouting for the purse strings to be opened so we could get out of the mess we were in. Thankfully it doesn’t look like we over did it but that’s due to our board.

I’m sure if we went out and signed a whole whack of players beyond our means there wouldn’t be many on here saying “so and so’s a great signing, but where did we get the money???” You just get on with it.

My point is for decent normal folk, and there are some over that side of the fence, this isn’t looking great and through no fault of their own.

The difference with them is that they nearly went to the wall fairly recently. The fans rallied and along with Budge saved them. They have been very fortunate to raise the vast sums they have but that money has been wasted. Mismanagement of the highest order. I didn’t hear a scrap of humility from any of them when they were saved. It wasn’t long before their big team pish was on the go again. Well the chickens are coming home now. I have zero sympathy for them.

G B Young
19-03-2020, 09:34 AM

This virus doesn't discriminate according to somebody's income. There are any number of businesses, large and small, which will rapidly cease to trade due to an almost overnight cessation of demand for their services and no amount of fall-back income will save them. Politics simply doesn't come into it and as far as I can see the government are doing their best to address all areas of society in these unprecedented times.

I think most on here are capable of seeing the bigger picture (and I completely agree with you that we should do so) but as has been pointed out, those normal working people who are employed by Hearts might rightly question the club's squandering of so many unnecessary extra millions on a stand which is, ultimately, a vanity project of their owner's. The scale of this pandemic could never have been envisaged but the club had put itself in an exceptionally vulnerable position by seemingly learning little from the Romanov debacle and financial problems Scottish football has faced in recent years.

jacomo
19-03-2020, 09:38 AM

Mercer wasn’t their fault.
Vlad wasn’t their fault.
Current troubles never their fault.

At some point, you have to ask why Yams get all the bragging rights when things go well but are absolved of any responsibility when things go wrong?

Of course the fans aren’t making the decisions but they help to create an atmosphere of superiority and irresponsibility.

Caversham Green
19-03-2020, 09:47 AM
The prize money is all still due to the clubs. There is a separate equal payment to all clubs that goes out monthly.

The £1.5m being quoted is the total of the monthly payments and the year-end prize money.

neil7908
19-03-2020, 09:56 AM
Mercer wasn’t their fault.
Vlad wasn’t their fault.
Current troubles never their fault.

At some point, you have to ask why Yams get all the bragging rights when things go well but are absolved of any responsibility when things go wrong?

Of course the fans aren’t making the decisions but they help to create an atmosphere of superiority and irresponsibility.

This 100%. There are absolutely bigger things happening in the world now than football but this is a football forum and I'm happy to say I hope they go bust.

Have been living on other people's money for a long time and haven't learnt their lesson after the last charlatan they feel in love with.

Like Sevco they are delusional and deserve all they get.

Smartie
19-03-2020, 10:03 AM
We should change everyone’s avatar to a picture of Hickey, just like we did with HMRC Hector during their last troubles.

Either that or the wifey who sang “the rhythm of the night” back in the day.

FilipinoHibs
19-03-2020, 10:13 AM
This 100%. There are absolutely bigger things happening in the world now than football but this is a football forum and I'm happy to say I hope they go bust.

Have been living on other people's money for a long time and haven't learnt their lesson after the last charlatan they feel in love with.

Having wasted £100+ million of other people's money, and having sat through 17 and 22 in a row, 4-0 and 5-1 and having to put up with their arrogant p**h, I am enjoying the second installment of karma..

Cod Boy
19-03-2020, 10:16 AM
Had Hearts won against St Mirren last Wednesday there fans would have been getting excited as St Mirren would be relegated if positions stand. They seem to call them St liedown after events in 1986 when the league was in there own hands.

PatHead
19-03-2020, 10:23 AM
The bottom line is that this problem has not been caused by the Coronavirus. That might be the final straw but it has been caused by decades of overspending and not learning from previous mistakes.

I have no sympathy for any Hearts supporter. None of them have shown any recognition of the overspend under Romano and the advantages it gave them. How many times do we have to feel sorry for them?

I hope they go to the wall, I hope that the re-constituted club (new club with no history) and supporters will learn from it and at some point in the future make it up to the top division.

In the meantime, stuff them. Relegation isn't good enough.

lord bunberry
19-03-2020, 10:30 AM
The bottom line is that this problem has not been caused by the Coronavirus. That might be the final straw but it has been caused by decades of overspending and not learning from previous mistakes.

I have no sympathy for any Hearts supporter. None of them have shown any recognition of the overspend under Romano and the advantages it gave them. How many times do we have to feel sorry for them?

I hope they go to the wall, I hope that the re-constituted club (new club with no history) and supporters will learn from it and at some point in the future make it up to the top division.

Well said mate.

Brightside
19-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Academy staff have been put on unpaid leave.

Biggie
19-03-2020, 10:50 AM

:top marks

19-03-2020, 10:52 AM

aHeAd Of ThE cUrVe

makaveli1875
Folk taking pleasure in the damage this is causing need to have a word ffs. It could easily be us in a few weeks.

Sergio sledge

Yup, I've a family member in this situation and he's going to struggle as the income from his part time work was needed to pay rent and bills. While the players are being asked to drop 50% of their salaries to prevent redundancies there's a whole group of people much harder hit than them.

Hearts won't be alone in doing this I'd imagine, so it's going to be a tough time for a lot of people.

I'm not going to take any pleasure in people losing their livelihoods.

CloudSquall
19-03-2020, 10:53 AM
Hearts fans pre Mercer , the older generation , are in general quite sound. At least, they are able to have normal "banter" and can slag off Hearts themselves.

Any Hearts fan post Mercer, and I fully mean every single one of them, is a weapons grade **** who deserve nothing more than seeing their club die.

**** them.

ancient hibee
19-03-2020, 10:58 AM
Folk taking pleasure in the damage this is causing need to have a word ffs. It could easily be us in a few weeks.
Why? Our business model for many years has been to live within generated income.Hearts has been to ignore commercial realities and rely on donations to enable them to spend far more than generated income.

Irish-Hibee
19-03-2020, 11:01 AM

Have a look on kickback at the thread titled "who" and come back and say that. I will take full pleasure in seeing them disappear of the earth.

BTW hearts are not in this position because of the CV, they are in this position because of serious overspending.

19-03-2020, 11:01 AM
Why? Our business model for many years has been to live within generated income.Hearts has been to ignore commercial realities and rely on donations to enable them to spend far more than generated income.

Exactly. I’ll be laughing at hearts predicament safe in the knowledge that Hibs are properly run

Since452
19-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Had Hearts won against St Mirren last Wednesday there fans would have been getting excited as St Mirren would be relegated if positions stand. They seem to call them St liedown after events in 1986 when the league was in there own hands.

Very odd thing to call them. Not St Mirren's fault Hearts bottled it when they only needed a draw. To be fair they are a constant thorn in Hearts side.

Keith_M
19-03-2020, 11:02 AM

After missing one home game?

They can't be short of funds that quickly, surely?

Ozyhibby
19-03-2020, 11:07 AM

People thinking this is about corona virus are very much mistaken. They were clearly overspending and have flown a bit to close to the sun. It only took one cancelled game to bring them down. That is not a sustainable business.
Of course it’s ok to feel sorry for those losing their jobs but they were unsustainable jobs anyway. If it wasn’t CV it would be something else.
Hearts need to become a much smaller operation. And in the championship they can start to restructure their business.

04Sauzee
19-03-2020, 11:08 AM

Who are the academy staff?
How many are there?

Are we talking Eddie May? Colin Nish?

Edit... Sorry you are talking about Hearts?

Since452
19-03-2020, 11:09 AM
Redundancies at my work now. Worrying times.

Keith_M
19-03-2020, 11:12 AM
Redundancies at my work now. Worrying times.

Where do you work mate?

Since452
19-03-2020, 11:15 AM
Where do you work mate?

Work in the construction industry. Most of our customers (house builders and councils) are refusing any more deliveries and cancelling orders. Seriously worrying.

Apologies probably not the right thread to be talking about myself

PatHead
19-03-2020, 11:19 AM

Have they even missed a home game?

Their game was away to Ross County last weekend.

ancient hibee
19-03-2020, 11:19 AM
The £1.5m being quoted is the total of the monthly payments and the year-end prize money.

No it’s not.It’s from the SFA covering Academy and Licensing fees.

jacomo
19-03-2020, 11:20 AM

It could be anyone and everyone.

Why - as some seem to be suggesting - do Hearts get special treatment? Why do they deserve to avoid relegation?

I’ve said above and will happily say again: I think business rates should be waived and interest free loans offered to all clubs, Hearts included.

Of course their staff deserve help and protection.

But they are in a mess at least partly of their own making. They don’t deserve bailing out from that.

Logie Green
19-03-2020, 11:24 AM
Hearts fans pre Mercer , the older generation , are in general quite sound. At least, they are able to have normal "banter" and can slag off Hearts themselves.

Any Hearts fan post Mercer, and I fully mean every single one of them, is a weapons grade **** who deserve nothing more than seeing their club die.

**** them.

There's a fair number of their older supporters who are twisted, bigoted old fools. Don't forget it was that type of their shareholders who would gladly have seen Mercer carry out his plan. The difference between their old bigots and the Huns old bigots is that the Hun ones tell you to your face what they think of you whereas the old hertz bigots are sleekit.

CloudSquall
19-03-2020, 11:26 AM
There's a fair number of their older supporters who are twisted, bigoted old fools. Don't forget it was that type of their shareholders who would gladly have seen Mercer carry out his plan. The difference between their old bigots and the Huns old bigots is that the Hun ones tell you to your face what they think of you whereas the old hertz bigots are sleekit.

I'll gladly reconsider my position to an all encompassing "**** them all" :greengrin

greenginger
19-03-2020, 11:28 AM
“Hearts are probably in a healthier position to survive because they’re commercially debt free, their financial liabilities are close to zero and have one of the best businesswomen in the country, leading from the front.

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article20560787.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_RTP_SDR_101019_HeartsBook_020.jpg

Send this pic to all their suppliers, cheating bstrds. No shame at that club. This man is allegedly a politician!

Commercially debt free, reads nobody gives them credit !

What about , business rates , HMRC , Herriot Watt, don’t suppose you count them as “ commercial “.

Best business woman in the country !! :greengrin Oh ma sides !

Moulin Yarns
19-03-2020, 11:36 AM

Is that Edinburgh Academy or Perth Academy. Maybe Wick Academy?

Hibs4185
19-03-2020, 11:40 AM
Budge is not some sort of business messiah.

I always scratched my head when this old woman made her money in IT.

From what I believe, she was a manager and the company was struggling. She lead a management buy out and when the economy picked up the business began to flourish again.

Happy to be corrected if wrong but she hasn’t taken a business idea from scratch and made it a success like Bezos or Gates. She’s been a member of staff, taken over a business, had a stroke of luck with the upturn in the economy and sold it for £40 million.

Yes she made a good decision, yes she saved the business and turned it around but she’s not this bold brave amazing business woman she’s made out to be.

Andy74
19-03-2020, 11:41 AM

It’s possible to have overall concern and empathy but still, from a sport point of view, take some pleasure from the footballing position Hearts will find themselves in.

scoopyboy
19-03-2020, 11:44 AM

We won't be bottom in a few weeks.

Nobody is taking pleasure at the state of the nation due to the pandemic.

We are taking pleasure in the fact that Hearts are bottom of the League, grovelling to avoid relegation and in their financial overspending over many years.

All of these were before coronavirus came along.

FilipinoHibs
19-03-2020, 11:45 AM

That is my experience. I am 63 and was in a tennis club near their ground in early 80s. Mist of the members Hearts fans. There was a couple of us Hibs fans. We we generally treated with contempt and patronised. Though I did enjoy Hearts long spell in the lower reaches at the time.

angus hibby
19-03-2020, 11:45 AM
Budge is not some sort of business messiah.

I always scratched my head when this old woman made her money in IT.

From what I believe, she was a manager and the company was struggling. She lead a management buy out and when the economy picked up the business began to flourish again.

Happy to be corrected if wrong but she hasn’t taken a business idea from scratch and made it a success like Bezos or Gates. She’s been a member of staff, taken over a business, had a stroke of luck with the upturn in the economy and sold it for £40 million.

Yes she made a good decision, yes she saved the business and turned it around but she’s not this bold brave amazing business woman she’s made out to be.

Spot on. Have heard on numerous occasions, particularly on Sportsound, that Budge is an excellent businesswoman. Yesterday's news would suggest otherwise...

Greenworld
19-03-2020, 12:00 PM
Work in the construction industry. Most of our customers (house builders and councils) are refusing any more deliveries and cancelling orders. Seriously worrying.

Apologies probably not the right thread to be talking about myselfYou are fine mate your not alone the hotelier/ pubs/ restaurants businesses are closing in their droves . If that not bad enough think of all the businesses that supply things to them food / wine / anything really this is horrendous

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

southern hibby
19-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Could hearts potentially be saved without a ball being kicked before the cut off date in June?

lets say St Mirren or Hamilton go belly up before the end of the season and get a 15 point reduction and hearts hang on till they get relegated before ( if they need to ) go into administration. This would allow them the sneakiest luckiest way to stay up.

GGTTH

Deansy
19-03-2020, 01:14 PM

Don't forget, they not only relied on donations - they STOLE the donations !

Bostonhibby
19-03-2020, 01:24 PM
That is my experience. I am 63 and was in a tennis club near their ground in early 80s. Mist of the members Hearts fans. There was a couple of us Hibs fans. We we generally treated with contempt and patronised. Though I did enjoy Hearts long spell in the lower reaches at the time.And mine, you could count on one hand how many wanted us to survive Mercer's trick with borrowed money. Gloating didn't begin to cover it.

Edinburgh needs just one big team Mercer said and he made it clear what that team would look like and it wasn't Hibs at Easter road.

Karma.

brog
19-03-2020, 01:33 PM
It looks as if Hearts were gambling everything on staying up. A new manager in December & a bunch of expensive arrivals in January to add to the expensive summer arrivals, Glenn Whelan anyone? They followed the Ibrox model of spending other peoples money to try & achieve success, in this case success being an 11th place finish, until new monies come in. The problem is when the new money comes in it's used to pay old debts & so the whole cycle begins again. Same principle really as a Ponzi scheme. They must have been pretty much on life support until the surprise semi-final achievement which allowed them to think they could get away with it 1 more time. Covid 19 is not the cause but it is the catalyst for their downfall which has been years in the making. They couldn't go to the fans again, & surely even the most ignorant/die hard fan must now be asking questions, or is that naive thinking?
Separately I feel extremely sorry for the youngsters & other lower paid staff who may lose their jobs at this awful time but it would be an extreme stretch for me to feel sorry for the likes of Naismith who has effectively replaced skill with cheating as his ability declines. I feel no sympathy whatsoever for the arrogant, ignorant, patronising & cheating club that has been the hallmark of HMFC for decades.

MikeyS
19-03-2020, 01:40 PM

Pretty sure he is a weegie who came from Celtic. Most likely heading back there too if he doesnt take a hit in his already small wage!

The 90+2
19-03-2020, 01:42 PM
Could hearts potentially be saved without a ball being kicked before the cut off date in June?

lets say St Mirren or Hamilton go belly up before the end of the season and get a 15 point reduction and hearts hang on till they get relegated before ( if they need to ) go into administration. This would allow them the sneakiest luckiest way to stay up.

GGTTH

Hamilton and St Mirren haven’t got a massive wage budget that will lead them into administration though, they also don’t budget for big crowds, especially at this time of the season. Hearts overspend and gamble year in year out.

The Captain....
19-03-2020, 01:58 PM
Surely your more astute jambos are absolutely livid at the way Budge has lashed cash at anything and everything never knowingly failing to pay double for whatever she wanted. She is catastrophic in the way she has run the club..you get the feeling more than a few agents, contractors and businesses have taken advantage of her inexperience in football.

To ask the clubs employees to take a 50% cut so quickly and with all the attendant financial worries it will cause is an absolutely desperate and morally despicable act.

Thank **** we are not them.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
19-03-2020, 02:03 PM
According to our friends on Kickback she is streets ahead of the rest of us on this issue.

She's the first in Britain to ask the players to take pay cuts but we will all soon be following her lead.

If Hearts are in a bad way, then everyone else is about to go under cause they are financially sound.

They've learnt nothing from before and deserve admin. They should go for it now and take the 15 pt deduction.

Steven79
19-03-2020, 02:06 PM
They've learnt nothing from before and deserve admin. They should go for it now and take the 15 pt deduction.

Then the league starts back up again and if they hadn't taken the points deduction then they would have stayed up. :wink:

tynehibs
19-03-2020, 02:10 PM
It looks as if Hearts were gambling everything on staying up. A new manager in December & a bunch of expensive arrivals in January to add to the expensive summer arrivals, Glenn Whelan anyone? They followed the Ibrox model of spending other peoples money to try & achieve success, in this case success being an 11th place finish, until new monies come in. The problem is when the new money comes in it's used to pay old debts & so the whole cycle begins again. Same principle really as a Ponzi scheme. They must have been pretty much on life support until the surprise semi-final achievement which allowed them to think they could get away with it 1 more time. Covid 19 is not the cause but it is the catalyst for their downfall which has been years in the making. They couldn't go to the fans again, & surely even the most ignorant/die hard fan must now be asking questions, or is that naive thinking?
Separately I feel extremely sorry for the youngsters & other lower paid staff who may lose their jobs at this awful time but it would be an extreme stretch for me to feel sorry for the likes of Naismith who has effectively replaced skill with cheating as his ability declines. I feel no sympathy whatsoever for the arrogant, ignorant, patronising & cheating club that has been the hallmark of HMFC for decades.

Top post, and the truth

Greenworld
19-03-2020, 02:13 PM
Separately I feel extremely sorry for the youngsters & other lower paid staff who may lose their jobs at this awful time but it would be an extreme stretch for me to feel sorry for the likes of Naismith who has effectively replaced skill with cheating as his ability declines. I feel no sympathy whatsoever for the arrogant, ignorant, patronising & cheating club that has been the hallmark of HMFC for decades.Well thought out and written

Greenworld
19-03-2020, 02:14 PM
According to our friends on Kickback she is streets ahead of the rest of us on this issue.

She's the first in Britain to ask the players to take pay cuts but we will all soon be following her lead.

If Hearts are in a bad way, then everyone else is about to go under cause they are financially sound.

They've learnt nothing from before and deserve admin. They should go for it now and take the 15 pt deduction.The one thing their fans have taken into account is when players say no

Biggie
19-03-2020, 02:29 PM
If anyone has the slightest hint of sympathy for that mob, go on Twitter and read the comments on the evening news article about Tam McManus's comments where he'd tell them to **** off.
Hope that club dies this time...

Kato
19-03-2020, 02:39 PM
Surely your more astute jambos are absolutely livid

Both of them are writing open letters we speak.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Skol
19-03-2020, 03:04 PM
If the players say no then she will make people redundant. She has to as there is no cash.

Levein will be back in charge as the Stendel saving is so great.

Jim44
19-03-2020, 03:23 PM

I think they could and probably will. They are asking questions but they will realise that they themselves are part of the answer and will, albeit reluctantly, try to bail them out.

HoboHarry
19-03-2020, 03:29 PM
If the players say no then she will make people redundant. She has to as there is no cash.

Levein will be back in charge as the Stendel saving is so great.
How do you make a player under a fixed contract redundant without paying up the contract?

hibeerealist
19-03-2020, 03:33 PM
We are probably in a slightly better position as we've just had a Derby at home meaning we shifted 3,500 tickets at 30 a pop.

That won't stretch too far unfortunately, so we just need to hope that someone at the club has been sensible and kept a rainy day fund.

Don't take any particular joy in them asking staff to take pay cuts and ticket office staff and club shop staff getting shafted tbh.

Would that no be Hertz sold these tickets then pay us?

Have they paid us?

Billy Whizz
19-03-2020, 03:39 PM
Would that no be Hertz sold these tickets then pay us?

Have they paid us?

Regardless if they have or haven’t so far, they’ll have to pay it, as it’s a football debt

Moulin Yarns
19-03-2020, 03:39 PM
How do you make a player under a fixed contract redundant without paying up the contract?

By going into administration 😉

brog
19-03-2020, 03:43 PM
I think they could and probably will. They are asking questions but they will realise that they themselves are part of the answer and will, albeit reluctantly, try to bail them out.

I honestly think it will be difficult for them to do so Jim. They still have over 7,000 making regular contributions. If they go back for more they run the risk of p***ing off that base who may cancel. Putting players on 50% wages is a drastic & very public step that they must have taken as a last resort. That's not to say they won't once more ask fans to rally round but they must know that any donations received this time will be considerably less & won't be enough to prevent other major cost cuts taking place.

Roxyhibee
19-03-2020, 03:46 PM

100% spot on. Great post.

weecounty hibby
19-03-2020, 03:49 PM
I honestly think it will be difficult for them to do so Jim. They still have over 7,000 making regular contributions. If they go back for more they run the risk of p***ing off that base who may cancel. Putting players on 50% wages is a drastic & very public step that they must have taken as a last resort. That's not to say they won't once more ask fans to rally round but they must know that any donations received this time will be considerably less & won't be enough to prevent other major cost cuts taking place.
In a time like this when people are losing their jobs, people are very ill and some even dying if they ask fans to contribute AGAIN, then they truly are the most disgusting organisation I can think of. Surely even the most brain dead Jambo will see through that and tell them to bolt

HoboHarry
19-03-2020, 03:49 PM
By going into administration 😉
I agree with you - the poster seemed to be saying that Hearts could just make players redundant and that would be ok and legal.....

Billy Whizz
19-03-2020, 03:51 PM
I agree with you - the poster seemed to be saying that Hearts could just make players redundant and that would be ok and legal.....

They can’t, but they can agree a pay off if a player wants it

HoboHarry
19-03-2020, 03:54 PM
For forced redundancies to be a real option, the only way I can think of is that if Hearts were sensible enough to write in some kind of Force Majeure clause......

southern hibby
19-03-2020, 03:58 PM
Hamilton and St Mirren haven’t got a massive wage budget that will lead them into administration though, they also don’t budget for big crowds, especially at this time of the season. Hearts overspend and gamble year in year out.

That answer has just pit a smile smile on my ugly puss. 😌😌😌😌

GGTTH

jacomo
19-03-2020, 04:04 PM
Surely your more astute jambos are absolutely livid at the way Budge has lashed cash at anything and everything never knowingly failing to pay double for whatever she wanted. She is catastrophic in the way she has run the club..you get the feeling more than a few agents, contractors and businesses have taken advantage of her inexperience in football.

To ask the clubs employees to take a 50% cut so quickly and with all the attendant financial worries it will cause is an absolutely desperate and morally despicable act.

Thank **** we are not them.

If Jambos are of this mindset, they have my sympathy.

I think they are a very small minority though.

I see some grumbling online about their pitiful form and who is responsible for the current mess, but no understanding of how they have got here or where the money comes from and where it has gone.

PatHead
19-03-2020, 04:09 PM
If Jambos are of this mindset, they have my sympathy.

I think they are a very small minority though.

I see some grumbling online about their pitiful form and who is responsible for the current mess, but no understanding of how they have got here or where the money comes from and where it has gone.
Far from being sensible, the general feeling among them is that it is a positive thing and they are leading the way.

They well and truly have their heads in the sand.

SMAXXA
19-03-2020, 04:18 PM
Ross County announce all players and staff will be paid through out this different class

19-03-2020, 04:19 PM
Ross County announce all players and staff will be paid through out this different class

Most competently run clubs will do this.

h1bs4life
19-03-2020, 04:26 PM
Watching sky sports news and up pops David Southern , Alan Mclaren and Ian Murray MP saying what a great business woman Budge is , visionary boak boak.

She is like the emperor with no clothes , no one will actually say the truth.

She has built a super duper stand that is millions over budget and not finished yet.
1st of all they forgot to order the seats, then when they fitted them directors box was in the wrong place and they also had to share an exit with plebs.
Press get soaked regularly and where did that pesky police box come from that restricts views.
Still doesn't know what she wants to do with part of the stand and think they still have a stair case to nowwhere.
She gave contracts to her brother ( a good Hibby who uses some of the money to sponsor some things at Hibs ) without what appears to be proper tendering proccess.
Another relation ( Hibs fan ) runs the fans bar.

Show profits every year only because of mysterious donations and now she is ahead of the game as she wants everybody to take 50% pay cut.
She will then expect the players to put there bodies on the line if and when season restarts
They did have a concert on the pitch at the start of the season which I sure will be award winning , what a business woman.

Joe6-2
19-03-2020, 04:29 PM

This

jacomo
19-03-2020, 04:32 PM
Watching sky sports news and up pops David Southern , Alan Mclaren and Ian Murray MP saying what a great business woman Budge is , visionary boak boak.

Terrifyingly, Ian Murray thinks he should be deputy leader of the Labour Party.

He is fond of lecturing others about ‘learning the lessons’ from past labour defeats. Maybe he should learn the lessons from decades of over spending and terrible decision making at Hearts?

Biggie
19-03-2020, 04:35 PM

She has built a super duper stand that is millions over budget and not finished yet.
1st of all they forgot to order the seats, then when they fitted them directors box was in the wrong place and they also had to share an exit with plebs.
Press get soaked regularly and where did that pesky police box come from that restricts views.
Still doesn't know what she wants to do with part of the stand and think they still have a stair case to nowwhere.
She gave contracts to her brother ( a good Hibby who uses some of the money to sponsor some things at Hibs ) without what appears to be proper tendering proccess.

Show profits every year only because of mysterious donations and now she is ahead of the game as she wants everybody to take 50% pay cut.
She will then expect the players to put there bodies on the line if and when season restarts
They did have a concert on the pitch at the start of the season which I sure will be award winning , what a business woman.
Great post....excellent points well made

Ozyhibby
19-03-2020, 04:37 PM

Wonder how cash flow is at Ibrox?[emoji6]

HFC93
19-03-2020, 04:50 PM

Can't be right! I thought Hearts were ahead of the curve on this?

19-03-2020, 04:55 PM
Maybe Ron can bail them out by buying them. He could form an Edinburgh superclub and use a half and half name. Hibernian from us and Football Club from them.

Father Ted
19-03-2020, 04:56 PM
When is the fly on the wall documentary due to he aired? It’s gonnae be great viewing

Hibs4185
19-03-2020, 04:57 PM
One thing I’ve seen a few time’s on here is about they have FOH subscriptions but....

FOH monthly subscriptions around £125k
Hearts monthly expenditure £1.4 million.

A drop in the ocean. Admin 2 hopefully soon

brog
19-03-2020, 04:59 PM

David Southern failed at Hearts & Dundee Utd, reinvents himself as a football business adviser & suddenly he's all over our media. How screwed up is our game & media in Scotland?

Iggy Pope
19-03-2020, 05:04 PM
For forced redundancies to be a real option, the only way I can think of is that if Hearts were sensible enough to write in some kind of Force Majeure clause......

The world is doing this. I doubt you need to write it in as a clause though.

tamig
19-03-2020, 05:26 PM

I’m sure the poster wasn’t referring to players being made redundant. The redundancies will happen elsewhere at the club.

The Captain....
19-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Far from being sensible, the general feeling among them is that it is a positive thing and they are leading the way.

They well and truly have their heads in the sand.Truly incredible the level of willful idiocy the puddle drinkers share. From their big club delusions (which let's be 100% clear here is the reason they are the only club talking about shafting their employees) to their 'we're leading the way' shameful attempts to legitimise what their tawdry club are up to. An absolute embarrassment of a club..if I was a FOH contributor I would be livid with Budge.

Ronniekirk
19-03-2020, 05:42 PM
It will involve most clubs taking some sort of hit but you would think that they would have a contingency just in case of emergency.

Budge and co have not lived within their means yet again with benefactors pumping money in left right and centre.?

It’s unfortunate but this world wide crisis is showing them up yet again and living well outwith their means.

To use the coronavirus as an excuse for their complete mismanagement is poor imho.

But they will get away with it zDid they sign anyone on a pre contract in January

tamig
19-03-2020, 05:49 PM
David Southern failed at Hearts & Dundee Utd, reinvents himself as a football business adviser & suddenly he's all over our media. How screwed up is our game & media in Scotland?

Its truly mental. I saw him the other night and they were calling him a football consultant. The man’s a fraud.

HoboHarry
19-03-2020, 05:52 PM
The world is doing this. I doubt you need to write it in as a clause though.

I'm quite sure you do. It may be that companies all over the world will claim a Force Majeure but there will still be some kind of legal process.

HoboHarry
19-03-2020, 05:54 PM
Maybe Ron can bail them out by buying them. He could form an Edinburgh superclub and use a half and half name. Hibernian from us and Football Club from them.

We should start preparing now, give them all Hibs scarfs and badges that say "Hibee in training"......

SuperTortolano
19-03-2020, 05:57 PM
Hopefully all this will be in their documentary, an insiders view on a club going into administration.

EdinMike
19-03-2020, 06:05 PM
Hopefully all this will be in their documentary, an insiders view on a club going into administration.

Are they gonna get enough money to finish it/give us a laugh ?!

AltheHibby
19-03-2020, 06:11 PM

Apologies probably not the right thread to be talking about myself

If it helps, talk away. I don't know what words of encouragement I can give other than I hope it all ends positively for you and others in the same position.

Good luck mate

Since452
19-03-2020, 06:19 PM
If it helps, talk away. I don't know what words of encouragement I can give other than I hope it all ends positively for you and others in the same position.

Good luck mate

Thanks mate appreciate that

Just Alf
19-03-2020, 06:53 PM
Are they gonna get enough money to finish it/give us a laugh ?!Hmmmm... Wonder if they've ready had that money as well? If not, its great, they'll be forced to endure filming to the end so they can get paid! :greengrin

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wallpaperman
19-03-2020, 06:58 PM
One thing I’ve seen a few time’s on here is about they have FOH subscriptions but....

FOH monthly subscriptions around £125k
Hearts monthly expenditure £1.4 million.

A drop in the ocean. Admin 2 hopefully soon

I don’t think FOH monthly subs are as much as that.

I’m sure I read that they are about £800k per annum, so under £70k per month.

Still, would be a very substantial amount of money to a compentantly run club.

Hibs4185
19-03-2020, 07:09 PM

Can hear the song at their new home at Murrayfield in 20 years.

Ron Gordon is deid and we’re nooooo...

mvteng
19-03-2020, 07:14 PM

According to the Evening News, every player in Scotland has the same clause in his contract.

“All contracts in Scotland are ratified by the game’s authorities and include the following clause: “In the event of the Scottish FA deciding that the game shall be suspended, either entirely or in any district or district as provided for in the articles of association of the Scottish FA, this agreement shall be correspondingly suspended, unless the club is exempted from such suspension or thte club otherwise determines.”

The 90+2
19-03-2020, 07:17 PM
Can hear the song at their new home at Lesser-Murrayfield in 20 years.

Ron Gordon is deid and we’re nooooo...

Fixed 😁

KingPat4
19-03-2020, 07:18 PM
What is the news over on Boakback, has the penny dropped yet? All that money pissed against the wall to end up bottom of the league?

It goes against the grain to credit anything Hearts fans have done, but they have put their hard earned on the line, FOH, bogus share issues, blatant fraud and theft, do they realise yet that are are being had?

Do they find Budge and her pathetic whining embarrassing?

I almost feel sorry for them.

Almost.........,

Hibs4185
19-03-2020, 07:25 PM
Another momentous movement from KB.

This clause that if the league is suspended from the SFA then clubs don’t need to honour contracts.

1 - end the season now-relegated
2- continue The season. Players 50% of salary or unpaid. Relegated anyway.

Comedy gold.

Iggy Pope
19-03-2020, 07:37 PM
I'm quite sure you do. It may be that companies all over the world will claim a Force Majeure but there will still be some kind of legal process.

Latin I suppose. God is god. He will **** all processes legal or otherwise with his giant godlike member. As Since452 has intimated, the Construction industry (which I’m part of) has again been hung out to dry. Build what we want want when we need you to but your private sites will close soon. Programmes? Contracts? Clauses? ****ing payroll? Ahem, Force Majeure.

19-03-2020, 07:39 PM
What is the news over on Boakback, has the penny dropped yet? All that money pissed against the wall to end up bottom of the league?

It goes against the grain to credit anything Hearts fans have done, but they have put their hard earned on the line, FOH, bogus share issues, blatant fraud and theft, do they realise yet that are are being had?

Do they find Budge and her pathetic whining embarrassing?

I almost feel sorry for them.

Almost.........,

Someone said earlier that they were claiming to be ahead of the curve. I'd say it is the likes of Ross County and Nairn County who have said they'll honour all their commitments that are ahead of the curve. Sounds more like Hearts are desperately trying to catch up on the curve.

Frankhfc
19-03-2020, 07:43 PM
Another momentous movement from KB.

This clause that if the league is suspended from the SFA then clubs don’t need to honour contracts.

1 - end the season now-relegated
2- continue The season. Players 50% of salary or unpaid. Relegated anyway.

Comedy gold.

Isn't the SFA merely the registration authority. The terms and contracts will be the property of the players employers - the clubs. The SFA don't employ the players. Its quite a vague clause anyway in my opinion. It certainly does not state that clubs don't need to honour contracts. Interesting that its been put out there though and maybe those who're clued up on such matters could shine more of a learned opinion on it.

Ozyhibby
19-03-2020, 07:48 PM
https://news.stv.tv/sport/players-union-warns-clubs-on-wage-reduction-moves

PFA statement. Wonder if Hearts did not include Hickey? PFA certainly hinting at it.

19-03-2020, 07:56 PM
https://news.stv.tv/sport/players-union-warns-clubs-on-wage-reduction-moves

PFA statement. Wonder if Hearts did not include Hickey? PFA certainly hinting at it.

Wonder if they consulted the union before issuing their ultimatum.

Ozyhibby
19-03-2020, 07:59 PM

Doesn’t sound like it. Doesn’t sound like the players are going to take their offer either.

Iggy Pope
19-03-2020, 08:01 PM

:greengrin

JimBHibees
19-03-2020, 08:06 PM

Couldn't agree more. Announcing Hearts were self sufficient a couple weeks before they went bust. Absolute chancer.

Skol
19-03-2020, 08:17 PM
I saw this across the road:

'Hearts are lucky to have a CEO with the finger on the pulse who is taking pro-active action(s) before it’s too late!
💙Queen Ann💙'

I am glad the CEO of the firm I work for doesnt have their finger on the pulse

ancient hibee
19-03-2020, 08:21 PM
Presumably these clowns will be going to their own employers and asking them to halve their wages.

Greenworld
19-03-2020, 08:27 PM
I think the most interesting part of the statement is that the clubs although we know its hearts at this stage must be prepared to be transparent on their financial position to allow them players to make financial judgements.

brog
19-03-2020, 08:33 PM
I think the most interesting part of the statement is that the clubs although we know its hearts at this stage must be prepared to be transparent on their financial position to allow them players to make financial judgements.

That will be interesting but Players' union know it won't happen. Just a negotiating point.

Greenworld
19-03-2020, 08:42 PM
That will be interesting but Players' union know it won't happen. Just a negotiating point.Yes if it was my club I wouldn't want to share that either . The problem it looks and I hope is the budge has no room for negotiation...looks like she has shown her hand straight out.

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-03-2020, 08:51 PM
Hopefully FOH come out and ask supporters to half their donations seeing as Hearts are halving the wages. Seems only fair :wink:

Fuzzywuzzy
19-03-2020, 08:51 PM
https://livingstonfc.co.uk/community-support-meal-available/?fbclid=IwAR3fcQ6kEkF6-kdX-4Dv65rM84kCRKKLyHkOWXsv0rSmdfNjQnceWxxP1po

Fair play to livi

RossScott1991
19-03-2020, 09:27 PM
When Ron Gordon bought us and paid off the 3mil debt we had is that something the club pay him back?

green day
19-03-2020, 09:32 PM
When Ron Gordon bought us and paid off the 3mil debt we had is that something the club pay him back?

No

Frankhfc
19-03-2020, 09:34 PM
https://livingstonfc.co.uk/community-support-meal-available/?fbclid=IwAR3fcQ6kEkF6-kdX-4Dv65rM84kCRKKLyHkOWXsv0rSmdfNjQnceWxxP1po

Fair play to livi

Yep. Genuinely concerned about the local community unlike the hertz whose main concern is for themselves and win unearned sympathy to escape relegation. Livi and others didn't ***** millions they didn't have.

Hibeesmad
19-03-2020, 09:36 PM
Dikamona is the first one to say no to the wage cut.

The 90+2
19-03-2020, 09:45 PM
They’re a bunch of brainwashed spoons man. They are the same way with Budge as they went with Romanov, at least wi Romanov he has some decent success. Trusting Ann Budge’s decisions and anyone who questions them hasn’t got a brain or hasn’t worked in business apparently.

Greenworld
19-03-2020, 09:45 PM
Dikamona is the first one to say no to the wage cut.Where you see that....stendal working for free

mixumatosis
19-03-2020, 09:55 PM
More and more clubs showing what you can afford to do in a crisis if you live within your means, or even somewhere close. It's inspiring to see what our smallest communities and clubs are finding themselves able to do.

I expect we may need to borrow, or get a bung, from Ron. It's an exceptional situation, so exceptional measures might be necessary.

You will probably hear Hearts fans equating this with their own situation and claiming we are just as shaky as them.

The thing is, for HMFC, bungs and lending are critical to their daily operation. For Hibs, it's relieving pressure in a time of world-wide crisis.

19-03-2020, 10:14 PM
More and more clubs showing what you can afford to do in a crisis if you live within your means, or even somewhere close. It's inspiring to see what our smallest communities and clubs are finding themselves able to do.

I expect we may need to borrow, or get a bung, from Ron. It's an exceptional situation, so exceptional measures might be necessary.

You will probably hear Hearts fans equating this with their own situation and claiming we are just as shaky as them.

The thing is, for HMFC, bungs and lending are critical to their daily operation. For Hibs, it's relieving pressure in a time of world-wide crisis.

If Ron puts more in to tide us over we probably won't hear about it. I'm actually surprised Budge isn't lending them some more. Maybe it is like Fraser Wishart seems to be hinting at, they using it as a chance for a clear out so they can rebuild.

jacomo
19-03-2020, 10:19 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-players-seek-legal-advice-over-contract-clause-stating-wages-can-be-suspended-2502446

Banderson’s got the juice about a clause stipulated in all contracts by the SFA that pay can be suspended entirely.

Hearts are clearly serious about this. And were clearly banking on the semi final to see them through next month.

Which is mental.

Deansy
19-03-2020, 10:19 PM
When is the fly on the wall documentary due to he aired? It’s gonnae be great viewing

Probably gonna billed as Scottish Football's version of 'The Office' !

In all seriousness, it's absolutely staggering that a club like Hearts, who a mere 7 short years ago (seven - ****ING SEVEN FFS !!) were going under amidst amounts of money not too far removed from similar amounts in the Huns fraud, have been allowed to get into such a dire state again in such a short period of time - 7 ****ing years, once again millions of £'s have been squandered and once again, they're on the verge of going tits-up ?. Isn't it part of our 'governing-authorities' job to look after the clubs well-being - why weren't questions asked as soon as a 'Mystery benefactor' appeared on the scene, at a club whose now-traditional, customary 'financial acumen' can best be described as 'iffy' ??. Shouldn't/couldn't the way they run their club have been monitored/nurse-maided for a period of say, 5 years, after going bust, so as to make sure that they didn't get too carried away with themselves as before ?

Frankhfc
19-03-2020, 10:32 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-players-seek-legal-advice-over-contract-clause-stating-wages-can-be-suspended-2502446

Banderson’s got the juice about a clause stipulated in all contracts by the SFA that pay can be suspended entirely.

Hearts are clearly serious about this. And were clearly banking on the semi final to see them through next month.

Which is mental.

I'm currently at a loss as to how anyone could take that seriously. The clubs are the players employers not the SFA. Employers are responsible for employee terms and contracts not the registration body.

Maybe I'm completely wrong but I can't see how unless someone more knowledgeable on the issue could enlighten us?

FilipinoHibs
19-03-2020, 10:33 PM
No

The debt was converted to shares and he effectively bought the shares from Farmer. So he has more shares and control of Hibernian.

19-03-2020, 10:39 PM
Where you see that....stendal working for free

Fair play to Stendel working for free considering he'd never heard of them 5 months ago. Says a lot about Levein, loves Hearts but presumably still taking a full wage.

Frankhfc
19-03-2020, 10:46 PM

Which is mental.

Also the clause makes no mention whatsoever of 'that pay can be suspended entirely'.

The clause is vague, doesn't state pay can be suspended nor contracts can be terminated.

Pressure being applied to players to halve their pay on the say so of that, dearie me.

They're desperate it looks like.

ScottB
19-03-2020, 10:56 PM
Supposing Hearts manage time to release a bunch of players, what then?

They want the season restarted, fine, but they shouldn’t get a transfer window with sporting integrity the supposed goal here.

Could drift into a scenario where they are both demanding the season be completed but then crying out that they don’t have a big enough squad to do it...

The 90+2
19-03-2020, 10:57 PM
Fair play to Stendel working for nothing so his coaches get full wage. Shows how ****ed they are though.

Frankhfc
19-03-2020, 11:03 PM
Fair play to Stendel working for nothing so his coaches get full wage. Shows how ****ed they are though.

Probably sitting him in the tynie arms all day to work on his 'tactics'.

Tobias Funke
19-03-2020, 11:17 PM

Which is mental.

It’s a joke that after one insolvency event, which could have saw them liquidated, here they are less than a decade down the line living month to month relying on certain events to keep them afloat. They find it impossible to live within their means.

cocteautwin
20-03-2020, 12:53 AM
So it seems HMFC are trying to use the crisis as an excuse to wriggle out of all their duff contracts.

How low is that?

Hearts class

cocteautwin
20-03-2020, 01:13 AM
Dikamona is the first one to say no to the wage cut.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/clevid-dikamona-set-knock-back-21722627

Somebody needs to give Clevid a phone call and tell him he doesn't need to take a wage cut and he doesn't need to leave. Sit tight man. Sit tight with the rest of the overpaid long contract duds.

The Captain....
20-03-2020, 05:28 AM
Wonder who told the press about Dikamona.

One thing is for sure Hearts were sailing very close to the wind financially regardless of this current crisis. If they'd been knocked out the Cup by Rangers half their operating monies would have been unavailable at a stroke according to their own Chairwoman. It doesn't seem a very far sighted business/financial model. Wing and a prayer springs to mind.

I cant believe they are not cynically manipulating this situation..I really feel for the staff they have put in this situation that are likely to face a backlash from their deluded fans unless they immediately accept these terms.

Budge is morally repugnant.

Squealing pig
20-03-2020, 05:33 AM
Get him on a ten year contact once this blows over. He ain’t got a clue

Since452
20-03-2020, 05:38 AM
What a cluster****. I think they're screwed. Season won't continue any time soon.

Since452
20-03-2020, 05:44 AM

He's probably saved a fair bit from his 10k per week salary

Joe6-2
20-03-2020, 06:09 AM
Probably gonna billed as Scottish Football's version of 'The Office' !

In all seriousness, it's absolutely staggering that a club like Hearts, who a mere 7 short years ago (seven - ****ING SEVEN FFS !!) were going under amidst amounts of money not too far removed from similar amounts in the Huns fraud, have been allowed to get into such a dire state again in such a short period of time - 7 ****ing years, once again millions of £'s have been squandered and once again, they're on the verge of going tits-up ?. Isn't it part of our 'governing-authorities' job to look after the clubs well-being - why weren't questions asked as soon as a 'Mystery benefactor' appeared on the scene, at a club whose now-traditional, customary 'financial acumen' can best be described as 'iffy' ??. Shouldn't/couldn't the way they run their club have been monitored/nurse-maided for a period of say, 5 years, after going bust, so as to make sure that they didn't get too carried away with themselves as before ?

After what they went through, no way should they need a ‘nursemaid’
There should be a fear that ensures it never happens again, but it’s Herts we are talking about!

JimBHibees
20-03-2020, 06:16 AM
Wonder who told the press about Dikamona.

One thing is for sure Hearts were sailing very close to the wind financially regardless of this current crisis. If they'd been knocked out the Cup by Rangers half their operating monies would have been unavailable at a stroke according to their own Chairwoman. It doesn't seem a very far sighted business/financial model. Wing and a prayer springs to mind.

I cant believe they are not cynically manipulating this situation..I really feel for the staff they have put in this situation that are likely to face a backlash from their deluded fans unless they immediately accept these terms.

Budge is morally repugnant.

Agree very cynical and frankly disgusting way to do business especially to the club staff who will not be on much money. They made such a song and dance about being a living wage employer that all seems a little hollow at this stage. When staff are rightly fearful for their families at this time they are looking for leadership and support however they have got the complete opposite from Budge thrown to the kerb like a piece of rubbish. All of this of course entirely due to her shambolic management of the club and have managed to throw away the advantage they should have had over other teams with the FOH money and anonymous donations (something about that doesn't sit right to me). Yesterday on sky sports news you had 2 or 3 Hearts lackeys rolling up to tell the world how wonderful a business woman Budge was, it would have to be said the evidence of the stand and their atrocious transfer and football operations points to the complete opposite of this. About time she was called out for it.

Skol
20-03-2020, 06:50 AM
Agree very cynical and frankly disgusting way to do business especially to the club staff who will not be on much money. They made such a song and dance about being a living wage employer that all seems a little hollow at this stage. When staff are rightly fearful for their families at this time they are looking for leadership and support however they have got the complete opposite from Budge thrown to the kerb like a piece of rubbish. All of this of course entirely due to her shambolic management of the club and have managed to throw away the advantage they should have had over other teams with the FOH money and anonymous donations (something about that doesn't sit right to me). Yesterday on sky sports news you had 2 or 3 Hearts lackeys rolling up to tell the world how wonderful a business woman Budge was, it would have to be said the evidence of the stand and their atrocious transfer and football operations points to the complete opposite of this. About time she was called out for it.
There is an article in the times that is worth a read

JimBHibees
20-03-2020, 06:51 AM

You got a link to it?

greenpaper55
20-03-2020, 07:03 AM
Boyce on 6K a week apparently !

PatHead
20-03-2020, 07:04 AM
In today's Tory world she probably is seen as a wonderful business woman.

Jones28
20-03-2020, 07:08 AM
In today's Tory world she probably is seen as a wonderful business woman.

The might as well be Tory Ian Murray MP described her as one of Scotland’s Nestor something along those lines.

Scorrie
20-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Today’s Herald with an article saying that Hearts top earners need to take a 50% wage cut to keep the club afloat. The loss of their remaining home games and the semifinal is crippling them

cocteautwin
20-03-2020, 07:21 AM

Finally! What we've been talking about on here for years finally gets reported in the national press.

cocteautwin
20-03-2020, 07:37 AM
Today’s Herald with an article saying that Hearts top earners need to take a 50% wage cut to keep the club afloat. The loss of their remaining home games and the semifinal is crippling them

This quote from The Herald:

"Foulkes - who makes, along with over 8,000 other Hearts supporters, a set monthly payment to the Foundation of Hearts – was surprised the Tynecastle club have been the first to encounter financial problems given how much money has been ploughed into their coffers".

Why are you surprised Foulkes? We've been telling everyone for years it's been as obvious as the big red whisky nose on your face.

franck sauzee
20-03-2020, 07:37 AM
Can someone copy and paste the times article because loads of us won't have a Times subscription. Edit: Thanks to Cocteautwin

GreenCastle
20-03-2020, 07:38 AM

From 2014..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29807293

Hearts owner Ann Budge told the Edinburgh club's website: "We believe it is entirely in keeping with the values we hold dear as a club."...................aye good one Budge

greenginger
20-03-2020, 07:39 AM

Maybe , but also the chance Budge is paying him out her own purse in order to lever the players into taking a cut.

Also, has Benny Factor really turned off the tap, or has Budge told him/her/them to hold back until they get rid of the dead wood and then get the donations to build a Stendhal team.

Jim44
20-03-2020, 07:41 AM
I think their errant ways will go unpunished with restructuring of the league announced very soon. I read somewhere that this is being discussed today. The leagues will be terminated. Rangers will be the only club to complain as Celtic will be announced winners of the league. Any other teams who might have a grievance because of missing out on the chance of promotion through narrowly missing out on play-offs will receive a sort of parachute payment to appease them. I haven’t really thought this through and might be nonsense but I’ll be surprised if the decision is not along these lines.

Keith_M
20-03-2020, 07:42 AM

Link? Quotes? Info about what article you're talking about?

Is it the Shipping Forecast?

:dunno:

Bostonhibby
20-03-2020, 07:48 AM
This quote from The Herald:

"Foulkes - who makes, along with over 8,000 other Hearts supporters, a set monthly payment to the Foundation of Hearts – was surprised the Tynecastle club have been the first to encounter financial problems given how much money has been ploughed into their coffers".

Why are you surprised Foulkes? We've been telling everyone for years it's been as obvious as the big red whisky nose on your face.

That would be the same Lord Foulkes that endorsed Romanov, Classic self serving yam, it's a big rich questioning what's happening with the finances over there, unless of course you detect a ****storm coming and want to be important /relevant again.

cocteautwin
20-03-2020, 07:50 AM
If this causes a problem with copyright etc please let me know:

Queen and her Aberdeen castle can’t cope in perfect storm

There was a time, not so long ago, when Ann Budge could do no wrong. The Queen of Hearts extricated the club from administration, moved them in an exciting new direction with a new moral compass and oversaw an expansion of Tynecastle Park that was supposed to maximise their potential.

Well, the new main stand is reported to have cost £9million more than originally promised, Hearts are in the throes of another financial crisis and, while the shirt sponsor says Save the Children, this week’s call for all staff, including players, to take a 50 per cent wage cut suggests that it is the club who need saving.

What a spectacular unravelling it has been for Budge and Hearts in the space of 18 excruciating months. In the early part of last season, they were top of the league and into the semi-finals of the Betfred Cup, but the bottom was to fall out of a club that relied much too heavily on their manager, and director of football, Craig Levein.

Despite successive transfer windows in which he presided over a blur of expensive players coming and going, he had a team that was neither effective nor fun to watch and, when Budge relieved him of his duties in October, Hearts were bottom of the league and unable to arrest the decline.

Nobody quibbled with the level of investment, but then again, nobody expected Hearts to find themselves in a relegation battle. Add to that a new head coach, Daniel Stendel, whose tactics were ill-suited to a survival scrap, as well as a vacuum in the football department that Levein controlled, and a perfect storm was brewing.

When coronavirus came along, Hearts were the footballing equivalent of society’s most vulnerable — victims with an underlying health problem.

Budge has got a lot right, especially the club’s social ethos, but her ignorance of football matters left them playing catch-up. And there is no room for that when the game is crippled by a global health crisis.

The measures that were announced on Wednesday were desperate. PFA Scotland yesterday met with players to discuss the way ahead. Legal opinion suggested that Hearts were within their rights because of the language used in the statement. They only “proposed” the club-wide salary reduction. If staff were unwilling or unable to accept, they would be “offered” a termination of their deal.

If there is a clause in their contracts, entitling Hearts to suspend pay — and that theory was also doing the rounds last night — it is a kick in the teeth for players, especially those who were lured to Tynecastle on the promise of a lucrative package.

Steven Naismith, previously with Norwich City, signed a four-year deal last summer that was likely to be the last of his career. Liam Boyce agreed a three-year contract in January that is reported to be worth £6,000 a week, more than Aberdeen and numerous others could afford.

As it turns out, Hearts could not afford it either.

Budge claimed that the suspension of the season was going to cost them £1million, but much of that was due to come from a Scottish Cup semi-final against Hibs that they would not have budgeted for. The SFA promised this week that its flagship competition would be completed later this year.

While there was no official reaction from the players yesterday, some of their fellow professionals were angry. Tam McManus, the former Hibs striker, tweeted: “Seems a convenient way to dump some ‘excess baggage’ ie a HUGE wage bill run up by a succession of managers. This just doesn’t sit well with me at all.

“I would tell the club to f*** off. I have done so in the past when asked to take a 50 per cent wage cut. You sign a contract you honour it or pay it off in full.

“My loyalty is to myself/family. No loyalty whatsoever in football. Clubs treat players like s***e when not wanted.”

With so much uncertainty as to how or whether the Premiership season will be completed, the odds are against Hearts avoiding the drop, and their willingness to let players go suggests that they know it.

Bryan Jackson, who led the administration process in 2013, believes that Budge has moved quickly to prevent another one.

“Ann is looking at the situation, thinking, ‘we’ve already missed games and we don’t know when the picture will change’,” said Jackson. “ ‘It could be two weeks, two months or even longer — so we need to do something right now’. To me, that does seem to be the right thing to do. To wait too long and not do anything could be more dangerous for the sustainability of the club.”

Try telling that to the players. Try telling that to the academy coaches and backroom staff whose halved salary leaves them struggling to pay their bills.

It will be a hard sell also for the anonymous benefactors whose donations of up to £9million kept the club on an even keel for so long. And do not expect the supporters who have already donated a similar figure in the past five years to be quite so enthusiastic about digging deep yet again.

All of which will be embarrassing for Budge, who was hailed as the relegated club’s saviour in 2014 when she stepped in to repair the damage done by her reckless predecessor, Vladimir Romanov.

It would be stretching a point to suggest that Hearts are back where they started, but this was not how it was meant to be when she outlined her vision for the club.

Joe6-2
20-03-2020, 08:00 AM
Good to see someone putting the truth out there

CockneyRebel
20-03-2020, 08:21 AM
When coronavirus came along, Hearts were the footballing equivalent of society’s most vulnerable — victims with an underlying health problem.

Try telling that to the players. Try telling that to the academy coaches and backroom staff whose halved salary leaves them struggling to pay their bills.

It will be a hard sell also for the anonymous benefactors whose donations of up to £9million kept the club on an even keel for so long. And do not expect the supporters who have already donated a similar figure in the past five years to be quite so enthusiastic about digging deep yet again.

All of which will be embarrassing for Budge, who was hailed as the relegated club’s saviour in 2014 when she stepped in to repair the damage done by her reckless predecessor, Vladimir Romanov.

Just a few out-takes from the Times article which appears to show that Budgie's press fan club have finally woken up to the fact that this club is deservedly up to it's scraggy neck in sh*te.

The 90+2
20-03-2020, 08:26 AM
Maybe , but also the chance Budge is paying him out her own purse in order to lever the players into taking a cut.

Also, has Benny Factor really turned off the tap, or has Budge told him/her/them to hold back until they get rid of the dead wood and then get the donations to build a Stendhal team.

I would probably just take the gesture at face value, maybe if it was Levein but the guys basically a stranger who can walk out also if they go down. Can’t see what he would get out of fabricating a story to try and get all the players to take cuts while backpocketing his wages on the sly.

Ozyhibby
20-03-2020, 08:35 AM
I think their errant ways will go unpunished with restructuring of the league announced very soon. I read somewhere that this is being discussed today. The leagues will be terminated. Rangers will be the only club to complain as Celtic will be announced winners of the league. Any other teams who might have a grievance because of missing out on the chance of promotion through narrowly missing out on play-offs will receive a sort of parachute payment to appease them. I haven’t really thought this through and might be nonsense but I’ll be surprised if the decision is not along these lines.

Restructure needs 75% of clubs in favour. That means only 11 clubs need to be against for it to fail. Not hard to find 11 disadvantaged clubs. Half the premier league would be taking less money next year if shared among 14 teams.

Biggie
20-03-2020, 08:36 AM
6 grand a week for Boyce......JHC
What an outfit they are....cowboys

JimBHibees
20-03-2020, 09:15 AM

There was a time, not so long ago, when Ann Budge could do no wrong. The Queen of Hearts extricated the club from administration, moved them in an exciting new direction with a new moral compass and oversaw an expansion of Tynecastle Park that was supposed to maximise their potential.

Well, the new main stand is reported to have cost £9million more than originally promised, Hearts are in the throes of another financial crisis and, while the shirt sponsor says Save the Children, this week’s call for all staff, including players, to take a 50 per cent wage cut suggests that it is the club who need saving.

What a spectacular unravelling it has been for Budge and Hearts in the space of 18 excruciating months. In the early part of last season, they were top of the league and into the semi-finals of the Betfred Cup, but the bottom was to fall out of a club that relied much too heavily on their manager, and director of football, Craig Levein.

Despite successive transfer windows in which he presided over a blur of expensive players coming and going, he had a team that was neither effective nor fun to watch and, when Budge relieved him of his duties in October, Hearts were bottom of the league and unable to arrest the decline.

Nobody quibbled with the level of investment, but then again, nobody expected Hearts to find themselves in a relegation battle. Add to that a new head coach, Daniel Stendel, whose tactics were ill-suited to a survival scrap, as well as a vacuum in the football department that Levein controlled, and a perfect storm was brewing.

Budge has got a lot right, especially the club’s social ethos, but her ignorance of football matters left them playing catch-up. And there is no room for that when the game is crippled by a global health crisis.

The measures that were announced on Wednesday were desperate. PFA Scotland yesterday met with players to discuss the way ahead. Legal opinion suggested that Hearts were within their rights because of the language used in the statement. They only “proposed” the club-wide salary reduction. If staff were unwilling or unable to accept, they would be “offered” a termination of their deal.

If there is a clause in their contracts, entitling Hearts to suspend pay — and that theory was also doing the rounds last night — it is a kick in the teeth for players, especially those who were lured to Tynecastle on the promise of a lucrative package.

Steven Naismith, previously with Norwich City, signed a four-year deal last summer that was likely to be the last of his career. Liam Boyce agreed a three-year contract in January that is reported to be worth £6,000 a week, more than Aberdeen and numerous others could afford.

Budge claimed that the suspension of the season was going to cost them £1million, but much of that was due to come from a Scottish Cup semi-final against Hibs that they would not have budgeted for. The SFA promised this week that its flagship competition would be completed later this year.

While there was no official reaction from the players yesterday, some of their fellow professionals were angry. Tam McManus, the former Hibs striker, tweeted: “Seems a convenient way to dump some ‘excess baggage’ ie a HUGE wage bill run up by a succession of managers. This just doesn’t sit well with me at all.

“I would tell the club to f*** off. I have done so in the past when asked to take a 50 per cent wage cut. You sign a contract you honour it or pay it off in full.

“My loyalty is to myself/family. No loyalty whatsoever in football. Clubs treat players like s***e when not wanted.”

With so much uncertainty as to how or whether the Premiership season will be completed, the odds are against Hearts avoiding the drop, and their willingness to let players go suggests that they know it.

Bryan Jackson, who led the administration process in 2013, believes that Budge has moved quickly to prevent another one.

“Ann is looking at the situation, thinking, ‘we’ve already missed games and we don’t know when the picture will change’,” said Jackson. “ ‘It could be two weeks, two months or even longer — so we need to do something right now’. To me, that does seem to be the right thing to do. To wait too long and not do anything could be more dangerous for the sustainability of the club.”

It would be stretching a point to suggest that Hearts are back where they started, but this was not how it was meant to be when she outlined her vision for the club.

Excellent article and totally spot on IMO.

Who was the journalist?

MrSmith
20-03-2020, 09:23 AM

Exactly how I see it going.

PatHead
20-03-2020, 09:28 AM
What an outfit they are....cowboys

Outbid Aberdeen for him. Just like when they signed Craig Beattie who was wanted by St Mirren and Kilmarnock at the time.

Wonder if they are negotiating with creditors as well.

CockneyRebel
20-03-2020, 09:30 AM

Do you really think that this would happen? That's a lot of big changes and upheaval just to avoid relegating a lame duck that refuses to trade legitimately.

James Stephen
20-03-2020, 09:36 AM
Do you really think that this would happen? That's a lot of big changes and upheaval just to avoid relegating a lame duck that refuses to trade legitimately.

How can Celtic's league position count, but nobody else's?

That makes no sense. Either everyone's league position is voided (in which case all money should be shared equally among the 12 clubs) or they stand.

cocteautwin
20-03-2020, 09:36 AM
Exactly how I see it going.

Yes, I think this is what will happen too - it will eliminate any protest by HMFC and Dundee Utd.

Waxy
20-03-2020, 09:41 AM

They cant use a world disaster to get out of being relegated.
They just cant.

Biggie
20-03-2020, 09:47 AM
Bit simpleton this, but what actually happened to that mob last time ?
Docked 15 points and relegated?,....was that it?
Credit rating took a hit, big wow
They got to walk away from £70m worth of debt....and t looks like they've learnt nothing.
So is there increased punishment for going into admin a second time ?

Bloody joke....they should have been ordered to repay their creditors once they got back on their feet last time.

It just seems like it's too easy to renage on debt.

weecounty hibby
20-03-2020, 09:50 AM
Yes, I think this is what will happen too - it will eliminate any protest by HMFC and Dundee Utd.

But not from the clubs in play off positions. What about the clubs who stand to lose out on league position money? I can't see why the league should bend over backwards to help out an organisation that has continually been mismanaged and has to all intents and purposes cheated on more than one occasion. And then there is the downright stealing from businesses, charities and their own mug fans. If it does happen it will only inflate further their misguided sense of their place in Scottish football. "We're so big and famous that they couldn't allow us to be relegated". You can almost hear it already. Get them relegated as the team who have been worst over the course of the season and if they go tits up again they have no one to blame but themselves

Ozyhibby
20-03-2020, 09:50 AM

I can’t see clubs voting to take less money now. And if Sky don’t want it there is no way the clubs will risk that tv deal.

zitelli62
20-03-2020, 09:56 AM
If this happens every teams supporters should boycott tynecastle and not sell tickets to hearts for home games as a protest wont happen but it should.

Ozyhibby
20-03-2020, 09:57 AM
They’ve even asked Levein to take a pay cut. That’s disgraceful after everything he’s done for them.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/behind-scenes-hearts-staff-feel-harsh-effects-wage-cuts-due-coronavirus-impact-2502272

Danderhall Hibs
20-03-2020, 10:03 AM
But not from the clubs in play off positions. What about the clubs who stand to lose out on league position money? I can't see why the league should bend over backwards to help out an organisation that has continually been mismanaged and has to all intents and purposes cheated on more than one occasion. And then there is the downright stealing from businesses, charities and their own mug fans. If it does happen it will only inflate further their misguided sense of their place in Scottish football. "We're so big and famous that they couldn't allow us to be relegated". You can almost hear it already. Get them relegated as the team who have been worst over the course of the season and if they go tits up again they have no one to blame but themselves

Anyone sitting in 3rd place is to lump it and teams like Bonnyrigg Rose who still could win their league will miss out.

No solution suits everyone, it’s a tough one.

Danderhall Hibs
20-03-2020, 10:04 AM
They’ve even asked Levein to take a pay cut. That’s disgraceful after everything he’s done for them.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/behind-scenes-hearts-staff-feel-harsh-effects-wage-cuts-due-coronavirus-impact-2502272

The current manager works for free but the former manager still draws a wage. What a club.

cocteautwin
20-03-2020, 10:13 AM
The current manager works for free but the former manager still draws a wage. What a club.

Not only the former manager twice but also the former assistant manager appointed alongside Cathro is still hanging in there taking a six figure annual salary. Comical.

Waxy
20-03-2020, 10:15 AM
Hearts playing the ”Please take pity on us” card, as the league decides what happens next.
While other clubs are doing their bit to help.
Get them down, today.

Sudds_1
20-03-2020, 10:17 AM

Yeah that occurred to me as well. Just bizzarre!

CentreLine
20-03-2020, 10:26 AM
Bit simpleton this, but what actually happened to that mob last time ?
Docked 15 points and relegated?,....was that it?
Credit rating took a hit, big wow
They got to walk away from £70m worth of debt....and t looks like they've learnt nothing.
So is there increased punishment for going into admin a second time ?

Bloody joke....they should have been ordered to repay their creditors once they got back on their feet last time.

It just seems like it's too easy to renage on debt.

Ah but maybe they just learned how easy it is to ditch debt

To be fair, hearts, like every other club, will have built a business case on all known factors, including match income fir the year. They will probably have banked on top six and maybe a cup semi final. Where they seem to have fallen foul is that they have been prepared to take risks. You know, the type of “risk and reward” that a number of people on here wanted Hibs to take. I am so glad we didn’t and hope it pays dividends for us in the long term.

MrSmith
20-03-2020, 10:27 AM

Totally agree but we have no FFP in Scotland therefore, the jumbos will escape again :(

Liberal Hibby
20-03-2020, 10:27 AM

Just a few out-takes from the Times article which appears to show that Budgie's press fan club have finally woken up to the fact that this club is deservedly up to it's scraggy neck in sh*te.

That quote is the key one. Something people on here have been pointing out for a while now.

BS44
20-03-2020, 10:28 AM
Once the yams are confident they will not be relegated they will immediately go into administration. That will allow them to take the hit in this season and come out smelling of roses for next as if nothing has happened. It's what they do.

mjhibby
20-03-2020, 10:29 AM
From 2014..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29807293

Hearts owner Ann Budge told the Edinburgh club's website: "We believe it is entirely in keeping with the values we hold dear as a club."...................aye good one Budge

Shows exactly their values. Djakomo(sorry about the spelling) cancelling his contract,stendel donating his wages to help non footballing staff. Budges behaviour is a disgrace. How wealthy is she. How wealthy is Naismith. So much for looking out for reach other. Btw what would they have done if they hadn't reached the semi final. Would this pay cut of happened anyway. Spoke to a Hertz fan who said I was taking the p when I asked him if budge had mishandled their £9 of money foh has donated. Nine million quid wasted other clubs don't get yet their asking staff to take pay cuts. An utterly shameless and embarrassment of a club.

Onceinawhile
20-03-2020, 10:30 AM
Wtf would they have done if Rangers had beaten them in the 1/4s?:confused:

mjhibby
20-03-2020, 10:32 AM
Also the clause makes no mention whatsoever of 'that pay can be suspended entirely'.

The clause is vague, doesn't state pay can be suspended nor contracts can be terminated.

Pressure being applied to players to halve their pay on the say so of that, dearie me.

They're desperate it looks like.

Disgrace the rag of a paper is doing budges bidding. It's an Edinburgh paper not a Gorgie one. No wonder sales have totally dried up.

mjhibby
20-03-2020, 10:33 AM
Supposing Hearts manage time to release a bunch of players, what then?

They want the season restarted, fine, but they shouldn’t get a transfer window with sporting integrity the supposed goal here.

Could drift into a scenario where they are both demanding the season be completed but then crying out that they don’t have a big enough squad to do it...

Very good point. They will plead special dispensation as after all they are a special club. Unbelievable.

Liberal Hibby
20-03-2020, 10:34 AM
Once the yams are confident they will not be relegated they will immediately go into administration. That will allow them to take the hit in this season and come out smelling of roses for next as if nothing has happened. It's what they do.

They can't - if the season is voided and they go into administration they take a -15 point hit into next season (and are likley relegated before a ball is kicked). If it isn't they take it this season and are definitely relegated. They also take a -5 hit next season which might impact on a possible promotion challenge, but isn't season defining.

G B Young
20-03-2020, 10:37 AM

Wow, who wrote that? The yams will be up in arms about it. Hard to disagree with any of it though.

This sentence sums their situation up:

brog
20-03-2020, 10:42 AM
This SPFL rule was introduced after the last Hawrts debacle. I think it may be behind the 50% wage offer. Basically any players not paid by Hearts can't play for them until the situation is remedied. So if they didn't pay 50% of the players then those players, unless U-20, could not be selected Instead by trying to get 100% of the staff to accept a 50% cut it allows them to continue to select from everyone on the playing staff. Of course it's all moot at the moment but I suspect that's the rationale behind this action.

Default in Player and Football Manager/Coaching Staff RemunerationE17
Except in circumstances where there is a bona fide dispute as to liability forpayment by the Club, where the Club is entitled to deduct or otherwise withholdpayment of a sum otherwise due or where the Club takes, suffers or is subject to anInsolvency Event, any Club which shall fail to pay any sum due by it to a Playerunder and in terms of that Player’s Contract of Service and/or any sum due by itunder a contract of employment to any Official engaged in football managementand/or football coaching (a “Remuneration Default”) shall be in breach of theseRules.E18 Any Club which suffers or is subject to a Remuneration Default shall within 2 daysof such default notify the Secretary in writing of any such default with details of the 49amount(s) and Player(s) and/or Official(s) concerned and if it fails to so notify theSecretary it shall be in breach of these Rules.E19 Any Club which commits a Remuneration Default shall not, except with the consentof the Board, to be given in the Board’s absolute discretion, apply to have ScottishFA Registered with it or Play any Professional Player who is not an Under 20 Playerand/or who was not Scottish FA Registered with that Club at the date of therelevant Remuneration Default until the Board notifies the Club in writing that it issatisfied that such Remuneration Default shall no longer continue or subsist.

Widhibs
20-03-2020, 10:43 AM
They've Def spent far too much but the sensationalism from the weegie rags is same as usual. My colleague just sent me this tweet cos I've been winding him up a bit 😂

https://twitter.com/DikamonaClevid/status/1240935289163571202?s=19

I'll keep the wind ups going through, it's to easy the now.

Jones28
20-03-2020, 10:43 AM
If the league were to come out with some mad reconstruction proposals would the clubs not need to vote it through? I can’t see many clubs turning round and saying yes when it’s so blatant that the league are just trying to avoid any controversy.

Logie Green
20-03-2020, 10:44 AM
Kiwidoug on Kickback commends Stendel for giving up his wages then follows it up by saying he thinks there will be more evidence of the 'Dunkirk spirit' in future. I'm not sure if he means the 'Dunkirk spirit' during WW2 or if it's a new alcoholic drink. 🤷*♂️
----------------------------
Looks like Kiwidoug might be right! I've just read that to mark her 103rd birthday Vera Lynn has released a version of 'We'll Meet Again' to help us get through the crisis. 🤷*♂️

brog
20-03-2020, 10:53 AM
Kiwidoug on Kickback commends Stendel for giving up his wages then follows it up by saying he thinks there will be more evidence of the 'Dunkirk spirit' in future. I'm not sure if he means the 'Dunkirk spirit' during WW2 or if it's a new alcoholic drink. ��*♂️

KiwiD's a hoot! The Dunkirk spirit for a German! Love it!!

greenginger
20-03-2020, 10:58 AM
KiwiD's a hoot! The Dunkirk spirit for a German!. Love it!!

They’ve got a German coach, a German player and an Austrian player as well. Their very own Axis :greengrin

Skol
20-03-2020, 11:06 AM
Paul Forsyth I think wrote the article. Alan Harvey's name is there but I think he took the god awful picture of budge in her maroon jaiket in front of the unfinished stand

Skol
20-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Reading the EEN article, it seems the 'Stendel working for free' claim by the jambos is misleading. He has returned to germany and the story implies he may not return depending on the way things play out

Waxy
20-03-2020, 11:28 AM
Hearts to Stenal-Your effectively sacked.Dont come back.
Hearts to Media- Stendal has agreed to work for free in our time of dire need.

Kato
20-03-2020, 11:30 AM
Reading the EEN article, it seems the 'Stendel working for free' claim by the jambos is misleading. He has returned to germany and the story implies he may not return depending on the way things play out

Hearts stories in the EEN are literally the template for modern "fake news".

Phil MaGlass
20-03-2020, 11:32 AM
The hertz are goin doon wae Cowowner virus.
Ahll get ma coat.

As fir that name Clevid 28 sounds like a new disease awe the gither

Bostonhibby
20-03-2020, 11:51 AM
What an outfit they are....cowboysBoycey's got 2 goals though, well worth the expense. 2 more and he's equal top scorer.

Bostonhibby
20-03-2020, 11:59 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe's said what the hell, knock a fiver off and I'll stay away for an extra hour.

G B Young
20-03-2020, 12:06 PM

That sounds more like the reality of the situation. After all, how do you work for free if there's not really any work to do?

BS44
20-03-2020, 12:07 PM
They can't - if the season is voided and they go into administration they take a -15 point hit into next season (and are likley relegated before a ball is kicked). If it isn't they take it this season and are definitely relegated. They also take a -5 hit next season which might impact on a possible promotion challenge, but isn't season defining.

They won't be relegated this season if relegation is suspended.

Waxy
20-03-2020, 12:10 PM
They won't be relegated this season if relegation is suspended.

Why should relegation be suspended?

20-03-2020, 12:11 PM

Not great to read about the ordinary staff's troubles. I don't get why Budge isn't lending the club money to help the staff, no sign of the benefactor either. Are these stories being put out to garner sympathy from the fans to keep them donating?

Kato
20-03-2020, 12:16 PM
Not great to read about the ordinary staff's troubles. I don't get why Budge isn't lending the club money to help the staff, no sign of the benefactor either. Are these stories being put out to garner sympathy from the fans to keep them donating?Cheaper to re-enter admin, cry a bit, pick up the bones for a song and hey presto start again.

Debt all gone.

Re set the narrative back to "brave club battles back from the dead" and soak up the plaudits for "saving the club".

cocteautwin
20-03-2020, 12:23 PM
Not great to read about the ordinary staff's troubles. I don't get why Budge isn't lending the club money to help the staff, no sign of the benefactor either. Are these stories being put out to garner sympathy from the fans to keep them donating?

She’s recently been repaid by FoH the £2m she put up for the purchase of shares during the Admin process so she’s not skint. Oh wait, the stock market has crashed, she might be skint.

20-03-2020, 12:26 PM
Cheaper to re-enter admin, cry a bit, pick up the bones for a song and hey presto start again.

Debt all gone.

Re set the narrative back to "brave club battles back from the dead" and soak up the plaudits for "saving the club".

I.e. shaft the fans who have paid for the club but don't actually own it yet.

Kato
20-03-2020, 12:29 PM
I.e. shaft the fans who have paid for the club but don't actually own it yet.Oh dear, diddums, how sad , that's disgraceful etc etc

cocteautwin
20-03-2020, 12:30 PM
She’s recently been repaid by FoH the £2m she put up for the purchase of shares during the Admin process so she’s not skint. Oh wait, the stock market has crashed, she might be skint.

Oh, she’s been repaid the £2m. Does that mean FoH have received the shares and the club is now fan owned?

cocteautwin
20-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Oh, she’s been repaid the £2m. Does that mean FoH have received the shares and the club is now fan owned?

Well no. Would you believe it she’s taken the cash but decided not to transfer the shares!

cocteautwin
20-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Well no. Would you believe it she’s taken the cash but decided not to transfer the shares!

That’s very weird.

20-03-2020, 12:35 PM
Oh dear, diddums, how sad , that's disgraceful etc etc

Surprised they're not going nuts. They've paid for the club but ownership hasn't been handed over for some reason.