PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PRE-MATCH | PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM

RSS Bot
24-10-2019, 03:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10378)

Smartie
24-10-2019, 04:02 PM
I like the guy.

Hopefully he gets the result we need at the weekend and we can kick on and get a few wins.

skyhibs
24-10-2019, 04:09 PM
I also hope we get a great result but can’t stand the guy... he needs to get to F as soon as possible...

Smartie
24-10-2019, 04:14 PM
I also hope we get a great result but can’t stand the guy... he needs to get to F as soon as possible...

I'm not enjoying the football right now, certainly. I'm not mad on the summer transfer business, we're bit short in all departments but when he speaks I get the feeling he understands our shortcomings and is doing as much as he can with what he has available.

Hopefully we see 2 up front on Saturday, his failure to find a way to give us a team that can accommodate 2 strikers is our main problem at the moment.

Gerard
24-10-2019, 04:18 PM
I like the guy.

Hopefully he gets the result we need at the weekend and we can kick on and get a few wins.

I hope he will get the success we all want.He is a person who is open to discussion and has a passion for the club.

skyhibs
24-10-2019, 04:19 PM
I don’t understand what you mean by what’s available... it’s his signings and they don’t even get a game... tells me all I need to know about him as a manager... can’t see where the next goal is coming from. He never bought a striker and plays one up front and I also love the non existent high press game we play... no wonder our points ts total is so high... goals for and against along with the league position tells the true story... he is murder

H18 SFR
24-10-2019, 04:37 PM
Really hope that we can get behind the manager, coaching staff and the team.

skyhibs
24-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Really hope that we can get behind the manager, coaching staff and the team.

Toooooo late mate

SMAXXA
24-10-2019, 05:08 PM
I don’t understand what you mean by what’s available... it’s his signings and they don’t even get a game... tells me all I need to know about him as a manager... can’t see where the next goal is coming from. He never bought a striker and plays one up front and I also love the non existent high press game we play... no wonder our points ts total is so high... goals for and against along with the league position tells the true story... he is murder

You can’t, I’m sure we have scored in the last 4 consecutive games if you had said next win I’d maybe have agreed with you.

skyhibs
24-10-2019, 05:24 PM
You can’t, I’m sure we have scored in the last 4 consecutive games if you had said next win I’d maybe have agreed with you.

Yeah I know we have scored 1 goal in each of our last 4 league games... 1 against a poor Hamilton team 1 deflected goal against smeltic 1 against 10 men Aberdeen and 1 against a very poor hearts team..... hardly prolific

Robbo6-2
24-10-2019, 06:25 PM
Canny listen to him

Since452
24-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Sure we'll get the result we deserve this weekend. Criminal we haven't won our last two at least

Tricla
24-10-2019, 06:49 PM

You can't stand a guy you've never met?

I hope he turns us around and makes a whole lot of people eat their words.

hibeerealist
24-10-2019, 08:04 PM
You can't stand a guy you've never met?

I hope he turns us around and makes a whole lot of people eat their words.

What if we get into November and he still hasn’t won a game, or December (if the board stand by him) will you eat your words?

He is almost single handedly killing our club.

Every Hibs supporter wants us to win every game, it’s not about wanting people to eat their words surely it is about him putting out a team to WIN a game, no?

skyhibs
24-10-2019, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=Tricla;5964121]You can't stand a guy you've never met?

Thats right

i hate what he has done to the club..... if he stays you will all be moaning when we have another 3 or more seasons in the championship

get rid now, bite the bullet and admit..... he is not the man for Hibs..

J-C
24-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Having heard him tonight at HTC I can fully understand why he got the job. Very knowledgeable about the GPRS stuff and what it brings, he spoke about passion, determination, and individuals making differences and he comes across as a very likeable bloke, the thing is does he rely too much on all the tech stuff and not enough about simple football stuff. I want him to do well and move the club forward as it's not great chopping managers all the time but is he good enough to do it, I'm not going to get personal in any post about him as it's not about him personally, it's about his ability.

Jonnyboy
24-10-2019, 08:46 PM
Having heard him tonight at HTC I can fully understand why he got the job. Very knowledgeable about the GPRS stuff and what it brings, he spoke about passion, determination, and individuals making differences and he comes across as a very likeable bloke, the thing is does he rely too much on all the tech stuff and not enough about simple football stuff. I want him to do well and move the club forward as it's not great chopping managers all the time but is he good enough to do it, I'm not going to get personal in any post about him as it's not about him personally, it's about his ability.

This is something I've thought for a while. It's entirely possible that he's overloading the players regarding the psychology part of the game instead of letting them play their own game

J-C
24-10-2019, 09:14 PM
This is something I've thought for a while. It's entirely possible that he's overloading the players regarding the psychology part of the game instead of letting them play their own game

Yep, do they feel shackled and thinking about what they're doing on the pitch instead of just doing what comes naturally.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-10-2019, 06:18 AM
Re Psychology /physiology - Interesting piece on How to be brilliant everyday. Cities the example of I Sergio Garcia and his choking at the US PGA - twice.
https://youtu.be/q06YIWCR2Js

matty_f
25-10-2019, 06:26 AM

He acknowledged a question about that and imho it was clear that he was well aware that the football side came first. The example he gave of the stats saying that the training session should be done but the coaches seeing that more work needed done so the work begins the priority demonstrated that.

In fact I thought he was very clear that he knew that the data was only a part of what they do.

MWHIBBIES
25-10-2019, 06:37 AM
What if we get into November and he still hasn’t won a game, or December (if the board stand by him) will you eat your words?

Every Hibs supporter wants us to win every game, it’s not about wanting people to eat their words surely it is about him putting out a team to WIN a game, no?

He isn't even close to killing our club, don't talk absolute rubbish.

Fuzzywuzzy
25-10-2019, 06:43 AM
He's baffled by the slow uptake of tickets for the game at Hampden. He thinks that the maybe the fans are board of going to Hampden.

Nah Paul, the football we're playing eye bleedingly bad and you're not really changing things. I can't get excited by drawing games against Hamilton when we should be beating them with the team me have

BILLYHIBS
25-10-2019, 06:43 AM
Anyone else stopped watching these?

:dunno:

green day
25-10-2019, 06:47 AM

Me too - if I wanted to watch a fanny there are plenty more entertaining videos out there.............

Clarence
25-10-2019, 06:48 AM
Yep, do they feel shackled and thinking about what they're doing on the pitch instead of just doing what comes naturally.

When players talk about good managers, they always mention their ability to change approach depending on the situation / player. I just wonder if Heckingbotton is so caught up in his own methodology that he applies a blanket approach that simply doesn’t hit home with many of the players at the club.

Heckys Wheel
25-10-2019, 07:02 AM
He isn't even close to killing our club, don't talk absolute rubbish.

😂 Utter hysteria.

JimBHibees
25-10-2019, 07:04 AM
Toooooo late mate

Only if you want it to be.

Allant1981
25-10-2019, 07:18 AM
He's baffled by the slow uptake of tickets for the game at Hampden. He thinks that the maybe the fans are board of going to Hampden.

Nah Paul, the football we're playing eye bleedingly bad and you're not really changing things. I can't get excited by drawing games against Hamilton when we should be beating them with the team me have

But if we get to the final there will be plenty of fans wanting tickets regardless of how we are playing

SickBoy32
25-10-2019, 07:24 AM

Is that a genuine quote? ****ing hell, the guy is so out of touch it's scary. Get to ****

J-C
25-10-2019, 07:29 AM
He acknowledged a question about that and imho it was clear that he was well aware that the football side came first. The example he gave of the stats saying that the training session should be done but the coaches seeing that more work needed done so the work begins the priority demonstrated that.

In fact I thought he was very clear that he knew that the data was only a part of what they do.

I got all that Matty, just wondering if some players get too anal about all that and just forget go play. I enjoyed last night at HTC and it was a good insight into training and wellbeing if players, Heckingbottom came across knowledgeable and passionate,, which begs the question why aren't we winning more games.

Steve20
25-10-2019, 07:47 AM
I'm not enjoying the football right now, certainly. I'm not mad on the summer transfer business, we're bit short in all departments but when he speaks I get the feeling he understands our shortcomings and is doing as much as he can with what he has available.

Hopefully we see 2 up front on Saturday, his failure to find a way to give us a team that can accommodate 2 strikers is our main problem at the moment.

I get that our team is pretty crap, but the players available should still be doing better than 11th with one league win all season. That's on him. He's been brutal with what he has available.

BILLYHIBS
25-10-2019, 08:02 AM

Pretty much this!

Bored of him and his boring one dimensional eye bleeding toothless safety first football more like.

The fact that Celtic just beat Lazio will put Hecky even more into his defensive shell for the semi

angus hibby
25-10-2019, 08:07 AM
Is that a genuine quote? ****ing hell, the guy is so out of touch it's scary. Get to ****

He said nothing of the sort. Folk just making stuff up so they can have another pop.

angus hibby
25-10-2019, 08:08 AM

Where did he says fans are bored of going to Hampden? Why are you making things up?

The 90+2
25-10-2019, 08:10 AM
He said nothing of the sort. Folk just making stuff up so they can have another pop.

Aye he did. He’s quoted saying it’s baffling but maybe the supporters have been there loads and perhaps look back on past results - ignored the fact that it’s because he’s the manager and we’re utter pap.

Link: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4875707/paul-heckingbottom-hibs-celtic-hampden/amp/

WhileTheChief..
25-10-2019, 08:13 AM
I got all that Matty, just wondering if some players get too anal about all that and just forget go play. I enjoyed last night at HTC and it was a good insight into training and wellbeing if players, Heckingbottom came across knowledgeable and passionate,, which begs the question why aren't we winning more games.

What was the occasion that allowed you to go HTC? Sounds interesting.

J-C
25-10-2019, 08:40 AM
What was the occasion that allowed you to go HTC? Sounds interesting.

Private members visit organised by Admins and George Craig, showing us where our last donation was being spent, on the GPS system.

flash
25-10-2019, 08:57 AM
Me too - if I wanted to watch a fanny there are plenty more entertaining videos out there.............

What is the point of personal abuse like this?

Fuzzywuzzy
25-10-2019, 09:02 AM
Where did he says fans are bored of going to Hampden? Why are you making things up?

That'll be me told

Peevemor
25-10-2019, 09:02 AM

Exactly. I reckon that it's puerile crap like this which is currently keeping a good few long established, decent posters away from .net.

J-C
25-10-2019, 09:23 AM
Exactly. I reckon that it's puerile crap like this which is currently keeping a good few long established, decent posters away from .net.

Typical keyboard warriors, they wouldn't have the guts to say it to his face though. I've met him a couple of times and heard him speak, he's knowledgeable and passionate but for some reason it's not transferring into the pitch. I genuinely think he's as baffled as we are why we're not winning.

Pretty Boy
25-10-2019, 09:54 AM
I think there's sometimes a tendency to forget that players and managers are just ordinary people with feelings and emotions like anyone else.

Whilst I've never got to the point of saying I 'hate' Heckingbottom or aimed anything particularly nasty at him I have called for him to be sacked and, particularly in the immediate aftermath of a game, been fairly vitriolic in my criticism. I was stunned when he appeared at East Mains last night when we were down visiting. I was also quite impressed by that though. Whilst it was never going to be the toughest audience he faced I wouldn't have blamed him for choosing not to engage. He will be very aware of what is being aimed at him on here and on other platforms and it would have been easy to go home and relax last night. As it was he stood and answered questions until late in the evening. He was engaging, he was passionate and he evidently cares.

Of course all that counts for nothing if we continue to fail to win games and perform poorly. If I was pushed then I'd still say a change in manager is the right decision but I'm also probably more in the 'I hope he can turn this around' camp than I was. He's an ordinary guy who is trying his best; if that isn't good enough then fine but it's not for lack of effort. Unfortunately we have reached the point at which everything he says is over analysed and scrutinised for any possible angle that invites criticism.

Betty Boop
25-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Typical keyboard warriors, they wouldn't have the guts to say it to his face though. I've met him a couple of times and heard him speak, he's knowledgeable and passionate but for some reason it's not transferring into the pitch. I genuinely think he's as baffled as we are why we're not winning.

Did you not say you were sick of his negative tactics ?

Alfred E Newman
25-10-2019, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=green day;5964416]Me too - if I wanted to watch a fanny there are plenty more entertaining videos out there.............[/QUOTE
What a pathetic post.

WhileTheChief..
25-10-2019, 10:33 AM
Private members visit organised by Admins and George Craig, showing us where our last donation was being spent, on the GPS system.

Nice one, thanks.

J-C
25-10-2019, 11:16 AM
Did you not say you were sick of his negative tactics ?

I did, if it's the main criticism of him I have is he doesn't set the team up attacking enough. I get last season he wanted to grind out results which he did to get up the league. Unfortunately he had the chance to stamp his identity on this team, his signings aren't great which hasn't helped and I think he's had to revert back to grinding out results. Never hate as a person but can still dislike in the job he's doing.

WhileTheChief..
25-10-2019, 11:43 AM
Thing is, if he can come across so well to you guys in person, and explain his way of thinking etc, why can't he do that with the wider fan base?

He could easily do a Hibs TV thing where he outlines his thoughts, where he thinks we're going wrong, what he thinks we need etc.

His press conferences are atrocious. He always appears like a rabbit in headlights searching for answers and then comes out with generic crap that any under pressure manager comes out with.

I've never heard him sounding confident or in control but I've read a few times on here that he comes across really well in person?

I think he brings a lot of the pressure on himself in these conferences so maybe doing an interview midweek that isn't right after a defeat would help him get his points across without having to be on the defensive.

Worth a shot?

Diclonius
25-10-2019, 11:50 AM

That's a shocking quote - I can't quite believe the ignorance of our manager.

He of all people should know that it's spelt "bored", and to somehow SPEAK a typo in a press conference is nothing short of incompetence. :bitchy:

The 90+2
25-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Thing is, if he can come across so well to you guys in person, and explain his way of thinking etc, why can't he do that with the wider fan base?

He could easily do a Hibs TV thing where he outlines his thoughts, where he thinks we're going wrong, what he thinks we need etc.

His press conferences are atrocious. He always appears like a rabbit in headlights searching for answers and then comes out with generic crap that any under pressure manager comes out with.

I've never heard him sounding confident or in control but I've read a few times on here that he comes across really well in person?

I think he brings a lot of the pressure on himself in these conferences so maybe doing an interview midweek that isn't right after a defeat would help him get his points across without having to be on the defensive.

Worth a shot?

Hearts fans said exactly the same with Cathro.

He’s got self belief (Hecky) and it comes across as arrogant. I believe he’s got passion to be a head coach but for the club I would say that’s misguided and after he binned Barnsley, who he supports and played for I’m not convinced he would drop us like a stone if successful (which would be a big nice) or his agent wasn’t trying to get him linked with jobs down south in the summer.

If he fails at us (and he is in every department) he is looking at the Vauxhall’ conference as his next club, I admire his work rate but he’s too stubborn to change his methods and ways.

The 90+2
25-10-2019, 11:57 AM
That's a shocking quote - I can't quite believe the ignorance of our manager.

He of all people should know that it's spelt "bored", and to somehow SPEAK a typo in a press conference is nothing short of incompetence. :bitchy:

Perhaps he’s being told he’s doing a good job by the person who said the transfer window was really successful? Maybe he’s just blagging it?

angus hibby
25-10-2019, 12:01 PM

Worth a shot?

Never seen him look like a rabbit in highlights and searching for answers (like Cathro). I think he comes across really well and answers all questions fine.

green day
25-10-2019, 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=green day;5964416]Me too - if I wanted to watch a fanny there are plenty more entertaining videos out there.............[/QUOTE
What a pathetic post.

Jeez, it was meant in jest and if my wee attempt at humour offends you then please accept my most sincere apologies.

Lets hope these points are all moot and we get the result we all want tomorrow............

p.s. I am no keyboard warrior, and I can assure you I would be delighted to have a F2F chat with Paul Heckinbotham which may demystify some of his baffling tactics and recruitment.

Have a nice weekend:aok:

Keith_M
25-10-2019, 12:53 PM
I did, if it's the main criticism of him I have is he doesn't set the team up attacking enough. I get last season he wanted to grind out results which he did to get up the league. Unfortunately he had the chance to stamp his identity on this team, his signings aren't great which hasn't helped and I think he's had to revert back to grinding out results. Never hate as a person but can still dislike in the job he's doing.

Re: the bit in bold

The issue I have is that I believe he actually has stamped his identity on the team. The problem is that how he sets out his teams to play doesn't appear to be as attractive to watch as many of the games under his two immediate predecessors.

Drawing 5-5 with The Rangers only gets you one point, but it's a million times more entertaining than scraping a draw against St Johnstone.

I'll be there on Saturday, and I'm going to the semi-final, but I don't expect to see a major difference in our style of play any time soon.

Centre Hawf
25-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Yeah I know we have scored 1 goal in each of our last 4 league games... 1 against a poor Hamilton team 1 deflected goal against smeltic 1 against 10 men Aberdeen and 1 against a very poor hearts team..... hardly prolific

I actually agree with what you're saying. 2 of our last 4 goals have come from superb Mallan strikes, another has came from a flukey deflection, while another was a generic header from a corner. A part from the sitters Doidge missed against Aberdeen I just don't see how we carve out opportunities to score goals. It's a dreadful state of affairs.

SMAXXA
25-10-2019, 01:05 PM

Worth a shot?

What more do you actually want him to say, he’s said his thoughts in press conferences, why would he go into more detail and expose tactical stuff for all to see, who’s not working etc? Have any other managers given more insight I don’t think they have, it’s just another pointless exercise that folk would slaughter anyway.

No offence to you btw I guess your just looking for more info but realistically I’m not sure it’s worth it.

WhileTheChief..
25-10-2019, 01:18 PM
What more do you actually want him to say, he’s said his thoughts in press conferences, why would he go into more detail and expose tactical stuff for all to see, who’s not working etc? Have any other managers given more insight I don’t think they have, it’s just another pointless exercise that folk would slaughter anyway.

No offence to you btw I guess your just looking for more info but realistically I’m not sure it’s worth it.

The point I was trying to make is that people that have heard him talk in person seem quite impressed by him whereas most of us who watch his interviews think they suck.

So I want to hear what they hear, maybe then I'd cut him some slack as I would understand where he's coming from.

SMAXXA
25-10-2019, 01:23 PM
The point I was trying to make is that people that have heard him talk in person seem quite impressed by him whereas most of us who watch his interviews think they suck.

So I want to hear what they hear, maybe then I'd cut him some slack as I would understand where he's coming from.

Can those that have seen him in person confirm they got more tangible insight than the more sentimental side of it wanting him to improve things as he’s a genuinely good guy?

Jonnyboy
25-10-2019, 01:29 PM

It’s a reasonable point to make but I wonder if his answers at press conferences are more to do with the questions he’s asked? Press guys ask generic type questions and so will get generic type answer. Maybe the questions asked last night were the the type of things a fan will ask?

J-C
25-10-2019, 01:29 PM
Re: the bit in bold

The issue I have is that I believe he actually has stamped his identity on the team. The problem is that how he sets out his teams to play doesn't appear to be as attractive to watch as many of the games under his two immediate predecessors.

Drawing 5-5 with The Rangers only gets you one point, but it's a million times more entertaining than scraping a draw against St Johnstone.

I'll be there on Saturday, and I'm going to the semi-final, but I don't expect to see a major difference in our style of play any time soon.

He spoke of high press and energy, his signings don't look good enough to do that.

JimBHibees
25-10-2019, 01:30 PM
Never seen him look like a rabbit in highlights and searching for answers (like Cathro). I think he comes across really well and answers all questions fine.

That would be my view also communicates well IMO. Seems personable.

SMAXXA
25-10-2019, 01:34 PM
He spoke of high press and energy, his signings don't look good enough to do that.

He said they don’t look good enough to do that?

J-C
25-10-2019, 01:36 PM
**quoted post deleted**.

The visit wasn't for that and no one expected to see him there. It was to show where .net money is being spent, it wasn't the time or place for that.

I don't appreciate your keyboard comment, it's not the 1st time you've made personal comments about me on this board, out of order

J-C
25-10-2019, 01:40 PM
He said they don’t look good enough to do that?

Which makes people question why he brought in Vela, Newell etc, who aren't capable of it.

pacoluna
25-10-2019, 01:53 PM
The visit wasn't for that and no one expected to see him there. It was to show where .net money is being spent, it wasn't the time or place for that.

I don't appreciate your keyboard comment, it's not the 1st time you've made personal comments about me on this board, out of order

Yet your allowed to call others keyboard warriors, obviously your admin friend agrees since he deleted my post.

Hibernia&Alba
25-10-2019, 01:55 PM

Me. It's the usual platitudes and clichés all managers use when their team is struggling. I shall just wait and see what happens on the pitch; I've had enough of his talking.

BILLYHIBS
25-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Me. It's the usual platitudes and clichés all managers use when their team is struggling. I shall just wait and see what happens on the pitch; I've had enough of his talking.

Yip!

J-C
25-10-2019, 02:02 PM
Yet your allowed to call others keyboard warriors, obviously your admin friend agrees since he deleted my post.

The said poster called Heckingbottom a Fanny, he was called out by 2 other posters, so get a grip and do me a favour and **** off, there's a good chap.

WhileTheChief..
25-10-2019, 02:08 PM
It’s a reasonable point to make but I wonder if his answers at press conferences are more to do with the questions he’s asked? Press guys ask generic type questions and so will get generic type answer. Maybe the questions asked last night were the the type of things a fan will ask?

You might be right but the press guys haven't suddenly changed their approach since PH became our manager!

They could ask the same questions of Stubbs, Lennon and Heckingbottom but for some reason his answers are bland, boring and don't offer any real insight.

Go back and watch some of Lennon's earliest press conferences with us, they were amazing. Full of hope and optimism and even after a defeat you could agree with almost everything he said.

I just don't ever get the same feeling with PH. He seems lost, out of his depth and looks like he doesn't want to be here at all.

Have you ever seen one interview with him and thought to yourself, "aye, you're the man for the job"? I haven't. I thought he was the wrong man for the job from his very first interview.

Paisley Hibby
25-10-2019, 02:30 PM

The "what we has available" is largely down to him, no?

green day
25-10-2019, 05:22 PM
The said poster called Heckingbottom a Fanny, he was called out by 2 other posters, so get a grip and do me a favour and **** off, there's a good chap.

I thought it was three others?

Anyway, my opinion of our manager hasnt changed regardless of people "calling me out", I only apologised because it seemed like my wee joke offended you and the others.

Perhaps if our manager could conjure up a win with his tactical genius then the arguments on here might subside for a bit?

banchoryhibs
25-10-2019, 05:29 PM
I spoke to a seriously die-hard Leeds Utd fan who has met him on three occasions. His view is that he is a really nice bloke but one who was simply out of his depth with a club the size of Leeds. If things don't improve over the next two weeks the board will have to seriously consider if he is the man for the job …..

HibbyAndy
25-10-2019, 05:30 PM
I spoke to a seriously die-hard Leeds Utd fan who has met him on three occasions. His view is that he is a really nice bloke but one who was simply out of his depth with a club the size of Leeds. If things don't improve over the next two weeks the board will have to seriously consider if he is the man for the job …..

I keep hearing from people on here he is a really nice guy also , Being a good guy doesn't win football matches though

J-C
25-10-2019, 06:27 PM
I thought it was three others?

Anyway, my opinion of our manager hasnt changed regardless of people "calling me out", I only apologised because it seemed like my wee joke offended you and the others.

Perhaps if our manager could conjure up a win with his tactical genius then the arguments on here might subside for a bit?

I just didn't see it necessary to call him names, call him out for the job he's is or isn't doing but be better class and leave the "fanny" comments to fans of other teams.

Smartie
26-10-2019, 07:38 AM
The "what we has available" is largely down to him, no?

Possibly.

It's often hard to tell with Hibs - how much of our activity is down to the manager, how much is down to the recruitment team, how much is down to the budget passed down from the board?

I don't think our business in the summer was good at all, but we've not had a good summer window for years.

A new manager, I am convinced, would probably still struggle with our current group of players and I think we need to make some moves in January.

The players seem behind him and I like him. I'd like him to find a way to play 2 up front between now and January, that is my biggest criticism of him at the moment.

The managerial merry go round was not good for us before and I'm wary of wanting to get back on it when we have a guy who is imperfect but at least has something.

I like the guy but I can't argue that the football right now is anything other than poor.

We really need a win today, he really needs a win today.

jingler1954
26-10-2019, 07:49 AM

He deleted mine too:(

JimBHibees
26-10-2019, 08:58 AM
I keep hearing from people on here he is a really nice guy also , Being a good guy doesn't win football matches though

Which clearly is the bottom line.

mcfly
26-10-2019, 09:02 AM

Agree - it’s sad days when even season ticket holders aren’t going.

Walk ups fair enough but to sicken the season ticket holders is some achievement.

Wrong appt, terrible signings who are worse than he released.

Very disappointed in hecky. Can’t see him being manger much longer if this winless run continues

FilipinoHibs
26-10-2019, 09:05 AM

Aberdeen had 11 on pitch when we scored. Plenty of chances in Aberdeen and Hamilton games. Just need the right strikers. Certainly not the Dog.

hibeerealist
26-10-2019, 12:27 PM
I just didn't see it necessary to call him names, call him out for the job he's is or isn't doing but be better class and leave the "fanny" comments to fans of other teams.

:agree: Agree.

hibeerealist
26-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Possibly.

It's often hard to tell with Hibs - how much of our activity is down to the manager, how much is down to the recruitment team, how much is down to the budget passed down from the board?

I don't think our business in the summer was good at all, but we've not had a good summer window for years.

A new manager, I am convinced, would probably still struggle with our current group of players and I think we need to make some moves in January.

The players seem behind him and I like him. I'd like him to find a way to play 2 up front between now and January, that is my biggest criticism of him at the moment.

The managerial merry go round was not good for us before and I'm wary of wanting to get back on it when we have a guy who is imperfect but at least has something.

I like the guy but I can't argue that the football right now is anything other than poor.

We really need a win today, he really needs a win today.

Smartie I was not in agreement with your post until I got to the fourth para and You hit the nail on the head, especially at home against so called smaller teams. This will be his undoing and ultimately see him on his way from our club.

green day
26-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Yawn

Tells a story when the Heckinbotham pre match thread is all focusing about a daft wee comment I made and not the boring groundhog day stuff trotted out by our manager :rolleyes: