PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell presser

Bangkok Hibby
24-10-2019, 02:23 PM
Utter corporate speak and depresses you more, or common sense and gives you hope?

Marvellous
24-10-2019, 02:35 PM
He comes across well. Well done on somehow managing to find something to moan about from it, though.

.Sean.
24-10-2019, 02:37 PM
What did he say

lyonhibs
24-10-2019, 02:37 PM
Can I take this opportunity to continue in the spirit of the OP in finding an angle to complain in absolutely everything and register my disdain for people who call a press conference a "presser".

:greengrin

Bangkok Hibby
24-10-2019, 02:38 PM
What did he say

Ive just watched it on twitter. Sorry, no idea how to link. Basically everything is ok and the fans are behind us.

Moulin Yarns
24-10-2019, 02:41 PM
Ive just watched it on twitter. Sorry, no idea how to link. Basically everything is ok and the fans are behind us.

As he is the 'keeper the fans will always be behind him*

* except in the Famous Five Family Section as it's always half empty (copyright those that want the singing section moved there :wink: )

Bangkok Hibby
He comes across well. Well done on somehow managing to find something to moan about from it, though.

You sir need to chill. His responses genuinely confused me as I know the corporate line when I hear it. However he also sounded genuinely optimistic. Just wondered what others made of it.

Since452

This one is

Bangkok Hibby
24-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Can I take this opportunity to continue in the spirit of the OP in finding an angle to complain in absolutely everything and register my disdain for people who call a press conference a "presser".

😄😄😄 fair enough, couldnae be arsed typing "press conference"

MrRobot
24-10-2019, 02:57 PM

It's like when people refer to players getting 'minutes'.

Pretty Boy
24-10-2019, 03:04 PM
If you want to hear anything insightful or interesting then it's not likely to be found in a football players press conference.

'Nothing controversial' is probably the last thing they are told before they go out.

The 90+2
24-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Maxwell seems a top bloke and a no bad goalie.

HFC93
24-10-2019, 04:40 PM
Utter corporate speak and depresses you more, or common sense and gives you hope?

A football player towing the party line at a club press conference. What a shocker.

Sir David Gray
24-10-2019, 04:45 PM
He's hardly likely to say that we are utter ***** and he's recently added Arbroath and Greenock to his sat nav in preparation for next season.

Moulin Yarns
24-10-2019, 04:46 PM
A football player towing the party line at a club press conference. What a shocker.

I'd be more worried if he took the eye of the the ball. :wink:

SunshineOnLeith
24-10-2019, 05:12 PM
You sir need to chill. His responses genuinely confused me as I know the corporate line when I hear it. However he also sounded genuinely optimistic. Just wondered what others made of it.

Somebody sounding optimistic depresses you? Odd.

Clarence
24-10-2019, 06:03 PM

As a fellow curmudgeon, I’ll see your “presser” and raise you by the phrase “basket case of a club” for sheer disdain value.

eezyrider
24-10-2019, 06:28 PM
What did he say

Well if you mean the OP he said 'presser' so I couldn't give a flying about the rest.

EZ

ancient hibee
24-10-2019, 07:10 PM
If you want to hear anything insightful or interesting then it's not likely to be found in a football players press conference.

'Nothing controversial' is probably the last thing they are told before they go out.

Must have forgotten to tell Kamberi last week.

Billy Whizz
24-10-2019, 07:28 PM
I like Maxwell, been impressed with his displays, done really well since he got the No 1 slot

Let’s get behind him

Speedway
24-10-2019, 08:17 PM
He said that Kambo’s bid to bomb South Korea has been strengthened by him hiring a private pilot (Wi To Lo) from North Korea for the job.

Hibee Mac
24-10-2019, 08:46 PM
Can he not at least stop pretending we are playing really well and just unlucky? At least admit we are underperforming no?...

Just makes me wonder if everyone at the club is buying into this same pish poor us we're so unlucky, go out there and earn the luck and in turn the fans' appreciation.

hibsboy69
24-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Chris Maxwell said "we know we are doing well, we know we are playing well"

I'm all for positivity...….but what planet is he on ?

We are in the Relegation Play Off place FFS ! :confused: :faf:

bingo70
24-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Chris Maxwell said "we know we are doing well, we know we are playing well"

I'm all for positivity...….but what planet is he on ?

We are in the Relegation Play Off place FFS ! :confused: :faf:

Mallan and Newell have said this week that we’re playing well just now as wel.

hibsboy69
24-10-2019, 09:45 PM
Mallan and Newell have said this week that we’re playing well just now as wel.

I hate to think what position we'll be in when we start playing badly then ! :rolleyes::faf:

JimBHibees
24-10-2019, 09:49 PM
I like Maxwell, been impressed with his displays, done really well since he got the No 1 slot

Let’s get behind him

Agree been a good signing.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2019, 10:04 PM
It’s a strange thing trying to be positive eh? Almost like they think a positive mindset is a good thing.

Crazy.

hibsboy69
24-10-2019, 10:07 PM
It’s a strange thing trying to be positive eh? Almost like they think a positive mindset is a good thing.

Crazy.

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in your post ?!? :greengrin

Positive or Deluded ? That is the question !

Hibee Mac
24-10-2019, 10:07 PM

Crazy.

In this case there's a fine line between being positive and delusional.

hibsboy69
24-10-2019, 10:09 PM

See my post just before yours...…...great minds think alike ! :aok::greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2019, 10:16 PM

Can you be delusionally negative?

hibsboy69
24-10-2019, 10:28 PM

Affirmative

Question for you. Do you think Maxwell (bless him) is being delusionally negative or delusionally positive (given that we're currently in the Relegation Play Off place behind teams such as Hamilton, St Mirren, Livingston, Ross County, Kilmarnock, Motherwell) ?

basehibby
24-10-2019, 10:39 PM
Can he not at least stop pretending we are playing really well and just unlucky? At least admit we are underperforming no?...

Just makes me wonder if everyone at the club is buying into this same pish poor us we're so unlucky, go out there and earn the luck and in turn the fans' appreciation.

Get a grip ya absolute fud - this is a sportsman in a press conference not a ****ing politician. Of course he's going to stick up for his teammates and determinedly focus on the positives. He's trying to focus on beating the next opposition - not auditioning for an analysts spot on MOTD.

SMAXXA
24-10-2019, 11:42 PM
He should have just chucked in the towel and told us all we have no hope. I actually thought it was an ok interview he was calm and stern in his views and didn’t get emotional despite questions about the managers future (who’s the woman asking the questions, gets on Ma nerves at times).

FWIW I think he is talking about a recent Improvement and in these games we have played some good stuff and looked better problem is it’s been in spells and not killing teams off.

Seems anything coming out the club folk just want to criticise, even seen some sad sacks hijack the Martin Boyle back training tweet with Hecky out, absolute pointless really don’t get it.

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2019, 06:10 AM
Affirmative

Question for you. Do you think Maxwell (bless him) is being delusionally negative or delusionally positive (given that we're currently in the Relegation Play Off place behind teams such as Hamilton, St Mirren, Livingston, Ross County, Kilmarnock, Motherwell) ?

Neither.

JimBHibees
25-10-2019, 06:14 AM
He should have just chucked in the towel and told us all we have no hope. I actually thought it was an ok interview he was calm and stern in his views and didn’t get emotional despite questions about the managers future (who’s the woman asking the questions, gets on Ma nerves at times).

FWIW I think he is talking about a recent Improvement and in these games we have played some good stuff and looked better problem is it’s been in spells and not killing teams off.

Seems anything coming out the club folk just want to criticise, even seen some sad sacks hijack the Martin Boyle back training tweet with Hecky out, absolute pointless really don’t get it.

Interview was fine no idea what else he would be expected to say.

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2019, 06:19 AM
Interview was fine no idea what else he would be expected to say.

It wouldn’t matter what he (or anyone) said - it would be rubbished either way.

I’m a bit embarrassed by how some folk are reacting just now. Maybe the club should avoid speaking to the press? Mind you based on the other thread that wouldn’t go down well either.

I_Love_Latapy
25-10-2019, 07:08 AM

I think so. Fans who have an overinflated expectation of their teams chances of winning are consistently likely to feel negative about it, even if the team is actually doing ok.

I thought the Maxwell interview was more interesting than the usual platitudes. We keep on hearing about having a positive mindset in elite sport and perhaps that's what it looks like.

It's not as if he was saying 'everything is awesome' - he acknowledged lack of wins. Then identified an improvement in performance (I agree with him), and stated a determination to work hard in training to turn it round.

Isn't it better players go into a game feeling positive than beating themselves up about things in the past?

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2019, 07:33 AM
Isn't it better players go into a game feeling positive than beating themselves up about things in the past?

I would think so. They’ll be aware of the areas they need to improve on but won’t dwell on it.

BILLYHIBS
25-10-2019, 08:28 AM
Spoke well

Positive

Onwards and upwards

FilipinoHibs
25-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Maxwell seems a top bloke and a no bad goalie.

Great bloke - always encouraging the team and talking them up. Things improved a lot since he came in. Great to see a goalie catch crosses again. Almost plays a a sweeper and very good with the ball at his feet

we are hibs
25-10-2019, 11:18 AM
They play alright up until the opposition inevitably score then its back in their shells and panic sets in.

Iggy Pope
25-10-2019, 11:34 AM
I read the heading hoping this was to be a piece on the excellent work and distribution of our keeper from his penalty box.
Dammit.

Iggy Pope
25-10-2019, 11:36 AM
Great bloke - always encouraging the team and talking them up. Things improved a lot since he came in. Great to see a goalie catch crosses again. Almost plays a a sweeper and very good with the ball at his feet

Agreed. He looks like a good footballer to me.

WhileTheChief..
25-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Get a grip ya absolute fud - this is a sportsman in a press conference not a ****ing politician. Of course he's going to stick up for his teammates and determinedly focus on the positives. He's trying to focus on beating the next opposition - not auditioning for an analysts spot on MOTD.

Bang out of order, the poster was just giving his thoughts.

You can't do the same without the name calling and swearing?

Hibee Mac
25-10-2019, 05:23 PM

Calm yersel pal

HibbyAndy
25-10-2019, 05:29 PM

Bang out of order :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Bang out of order :rolleyes:

Makes a lot of fair points imo. Take the first sentence out and he’s nailed it.

HibbyAndy
25-10-2019, 05:52 PM
Makes a lot of fair points imo. Take the first sentence out and he’s nailed it.

Keep the first sentence in and he's out of order ,

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2019, 06:28 PM
Keep the first sentence in and he's out of order ,

Only half of the first sentence overstep the mark. 3 words. :greengrin

Worse has been said about Heckingbottom and Dempster on here recently.