PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward

RG04
22-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Totally crazy post I know amidst the current doom.....however....for whatever reason, trust me I really don't know why even after the shocking brexit nonsense that is also currently going on.

But I'm really looking forward to Saturday!!!

Can't wait to get back to ER, genuinely have no reason to feel so excited or reminiscent, by just want to get home and cheer on my team!!

Must be losing my mind I know!

22-10-2019, 10:11 PM
Totally crazy post I know amidst the current doom.....however....for whatever reason, trust me I really don't know why even after the shocking brexit nonsense that is also currently going on.

But I'm really looking forward to Saturday!!!

Can't wait to get back to ER, genuinely have no reason to feel so excited or reminiscent, by just want to get home and cheer on my team!!

Must be losing my mind I know!

RG04, is that you Ron? :greengrin

RG04
22-10-2019, 10:15 PM
We do indeed have the full same name!

Received a few weird txt the day he bought the club!

Just hope he does a good job! Can you imagine being a sevco season ticket holder called Charles green or Craig whyte!

Pete
22-10-2019, 10:31 PM
Unlike the previous slumps we've been on and nightmare managers we've had, I don't have this deep down, niggling feeling of doom and gloom.

Call me crazy but I think we'll come good.

ehf
22-10-2019, 11:23 PM
Unlike the previous slumps we've been on and nightmare managers we've had, I don't have this deep down, niggling feeling of doom and gloom.

You're crazy.

MacGruber
23-10-2019, 05:37 AM

Football is unpredictable and crazy at times and stranger things have happened. I can't see it myself but you never know. There are signs of life if you look hard enough -
Whilst many are saying this is the worst hibs team in (insert years) we are unbeaten in 4 since our 'rock bottoming out' in the derby. Killie, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hamilton have set out to beat us - played their best teams and tried their best on the day. They all fell short. Killie, Aberdeen and Hamilton all had home advatage. If we are truly so very poor why is it we have been the better team in our last 2 outings. Aberdeen and Hamilton even poorer?
The football is eyebleeding no doubt. Heck has to go for me 100%. It's 1 win in 10 which is relegation stuff and undefendable. He shouldn't be in charge on Saturday.... but he is. For me, lose or draw and the board will finally act, however... where there is life there is hope for Heck - win the next 2 at home then who knows!!

Onceinawhile
23-10-2019, 08:08 AM
I also have a niggling feeling that we just need one win before we come good. Wouldn't go so far as to say I'm looking forward to Saturday though.

The_Horde
23-10-2019, 09:11 AM
I have a niggling feeling that we might win the next game or maybe the one after that. Or maybe the one after that.

But after then we'll go on an insane run, playing spellbinding football that only late 90s Brazil would be able to stop.

Doidge will win the golden boot and Hecky will get picked up by Liverpool, deemed the natural successor to Klopp as his Liverpool style 4-3-3 causes shockwaves around world football.

Jim44
23-10-2019, 09:15 AM

Hi crazy. Even the Titanic had nice live music playing as it was going down.:greengrin

WhileTheChief..
23-10-2019, 09:18 AM
Ach, we'll be fine after the next 3 games.

Or the 3 after that :cb

jacomo
23-10-2019, 09:28 AM
I have a niggling feeling that we might win the next game or maybe the one after that. Or maybe the one after that.

But after then we'll go on an insane run, playing spellbinding football that only late 90s Brazil would be able to stop.

Doidge will win the golden boot and Hecky will get picked up by Liverpool, deemed the natural successor to Klopp as his Liverpool style 4-3-3 causes shockwaves around world football.

Say what you like about Hibs fans, but we know our drugs.

Always a reliable source of the good stuff!

The_Horde
23-10-2019, 09:31 AM
Say what you like about Hibs fans, but we know our drugs.

Always a reliable source of the good stuff!

As someone who's had people close to him have serious addiction issues I don't find your post particularly funny at all.

Please reflect upon your use of language in future posts.

Diclonius
23-10-2019, 09:32 AM
For a variety of reasons (unrelated to apathy towards the team, before anyone starts) I haven't seen us play since the capitulation to St Johnstone.

Looking forward to it.

Barman Stanton
23-10-2019, 09:37 AM
I was positive earlier in the season but its ran out I think. I just cant see where a win is coming from at the moment. Looking forward to a pint with mates on Saturday but not the actual game.

jacomo
23-10-2019, 09:42 AM
As someone who's had people close to him have serious addiction issues I don't find your post particularly funny at all.

Apologies for causing offence.

My language wasn’t bad, but clearly my attempt at humour has landed badly with you.

The_Horde
23-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Apologies for causing offence.

My language wasn’t bad, but clearly my attempt at humour has landed badly with you.

Apology accepted.

Even if you can't see the connection between Hecky's side and Liverpool's, you'll surely see similarities between Hecky's 4 game invincible unbeaten run and Arsenal's invincibles of 2003-4?

Wenger will replace Hecky when he goes to Liverpool.

Since452
23-10-2019, 09:53 AM

We are playing some good stuff at the moment. Just not getting the breaks. Someone will be on the end of a hiding from us at some point.

Hibbyradge
23-10-2019, 09:55 AM

I'm afraid that jokes about drug use are common parlance and you'll need to learn to deal with it.

There is any number of words that remind people of loved ones who have died, but it's utterly unreasonable to expect others not to use them in everyday conversation or in fun.

Cancer, obesity, alcohol, suicide, abortion, car crash, heart attack, pneumonia etc etc etc.

I'm opposed to people using words to deliberately hurt or offend, but they can't be expected to walk on egg shells metaphorically in case someone's had a bad experience.

The_Horde
23-10-2019, 10:00 AM
I'm afraid that jokes about drug use are common parlance and you'll need to learn to deal with it.

There is any number of words that remind people of loved ones who have died, but it's utterly unreasonable to expect others not to use them in everyday conversation or in fun.

Cancer, obesity, alcohol, suicide, abortion, car crash, heart attack, pneumonia etc etc etc.

I'm opposed to people using words to deliberately hurt or offend, but they can't be expected to walk on egg shells metaphorically in case someone's had a bad experience.

We've already resolved the issue, so if you wish to get involved in the topic at hand please do but if you continue to take the thread off topic then I'm going to have to report you to the admins.

Hibbyradge
23-10-2019, 10:02 AM
We've already resolved the issue, so if you wish to get involved in the topic at hand please do but if you continue to take the thread off topic then I'm going to have to report you to the admins.

:hilarious

Very good.

I'll remind you of that ...

CockneyRebel
23-10-2019, 10:04 AM

Your'e not such a radge after all.

mim
23-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Your'e not such a radge after all.

Aye he is. :agree:

jacomo
23-10-2019, 10:58 AM
Apology accepted.

Even if you can't see the connection between Hecky's side and Liverpool's, you'll surely see similarities between Hecky's 4 game invincible unbeaten run and Arsenal's invincibles of 2003-4?

Wenger will replace Hecky when he goes to Liverpool.

Hecky is indeed a £1 shop Klopp I think.

Aside from their invincible phase, Wenger’s Arsenal had a reputation for playing some lovely football in the autumn, threatening to win silverware, and then the wheels would fall off in the spring. Sounds entirely appropriate.

Bangkok Hibby
23-10-2019, 01:02 PM
Hecky is indeed a £1 shop Klopp I think.

Aside from their invincible phase, Wenger’s Arsenal had a reputation for playing some lovely football in the autumn, threatening to win silverware, and then the wheels would fall off in the spring. Sounds entirely appropriate.

I had great faith in Arsenal for a number of years. I seem to remember it all going wrong earlier than spring.

Sammy7nil
23-10-2019, 06:23 PM

REPORTED :wink:

scooby
23-10-2019, 07:25 PM
I wish I had the op's enthusiasm, sadly I can't get excited about Hibs at the moment, we've become very sterile and boring.
I would move heaven and earth in the past to make it to games, but not this season I'm afraid.
The only thing that gets me out of my seat at the moment are the kids beside me going to and from the toilet.
Hecky has sucked the life out of the team.

H18 SFR
23-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Also very much looking forward to the game. 2 hour drive up, clear my head after a week's work crap, lunch, game, 3 points, drive home, watch Josh Taylor win.

23-10-2019, 08:39 PM
Also very much looking forward to the game. 2 hour drive up, clear my head after a week's work crap, lunch, game, 3 points, drive home, watch Josh Taylor win.

You should try not to drive so fast then.

H18 SFR
23-10-2019, 08:58 PM
You should try not to drive so fast then.

😂😂😂

I'd seriously take 6 on my license if it meant 6/6 over the two home games.

23-10-2019, 09:02 PM
😂😂😂

I'd seriously take 6 on my license if it meant 6/6 over the two home games.

😂