PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN COMMUNITY FOUNDATION LAUNCH NEW SURVEY

RSS Bot
22-10-2019, 09:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10374)

One Day Soon
22-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Just no. Stuff like this from Hibs at this point in time is straight from the Viz book of Roger Irrelevant and (probably inadvertently) underlines a weird dislocation between what we are concerned about and what the club is concerned about.

From Wikipedia -

"Roger Irrelevant ("He's Completely Hatstand") – a young man with a very strange mental problem where he continually produces irrelevant and surreal streams of language and behaviour. In one strip, Roger throws a lamp (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamp_(fixture)) from the roof of a house after a long, impassioned (and obviously unsuccessful) plea for the lamp not to commit suicide (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide). On another occasion he decides to elope with an armchair (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armchair_(furniture)), declaring it is pregnant with his children. Another time sees him disrupting the funeral of a relative by dragging the corpse out of the coffin and - employing a Brooklyn (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn) accent and emulating a character from a Mickey Spillane (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Spillane) novel - aggressively questioning the deceased about some stolen goods. His parents seem to be very understanding and merely politely request that he stops his behaviour. These are the only times that Roger manages to show any sign of interaction with real people, although usually it is only in the form of saying things like "wibble wibble"."

Brightside
22-10-2019, 10:10 AM
The foundation is separate from the first team. It’s the exact same setup almost every club in the SPL has. A charity community arm.

One Day Soon
22-10-2019, 10:14 AM
The foundation is separate from the first team. It’s the exact same setup almost every club in the SPL has. A charity community arm.

I'm well aware of that. My point is that this is on the club's website at a time when we are hearing little else by way of assurance from the club on the footballing side. It isn't clever 'optics'.

CMurdoch
22-10-2019, 02:53 PM
I'm well aware of that. My point is that this is on the club's website at a time when we are hearing little else by way of assurance from the club on the footballing side. It isn't clever 'optics'.

The work of the Community Foundation ties in with the very ethos of the original club.

Initiatives like The Changing Room mental health project may have even saved lives.
Folk don't stop needing help because the team are playing badly.
Hell, they might even need more!

Tonight, as every Tuesday I am going to a physical fitness initiative the foundation run at the stadium.
It starts at 6pm, come along if you are interested, enter at the West Stand.
Circuit training, running, even walking.
As well as physical exercise you get a chat and a laugh with fellow Hibees (Surprisingly all decent spuds, perhaps exercise doesn't appeal to numpties)
I bumped into a few of the guys in Hamilton on Saturday and no doubt they will have much to say about it tonight.
The club provide the venue free of charge and the class is run by volunteer Hibees.

This survey, that has annoyed you, appears to be a trojan appeal for volunteers by the foundation rather than a method of the club further annoying supporters of a poorly performing first team. The club is a separate private business currently owned by Ron Gordon and will always tell you and I as little as they need to unless they want something. The next thing they need from us supporters will be season ticket money for season 2020/21. The only other vehicle for having a say is the shareholders AGM.

Afraid we are Roger Irrelevant to the club who are like a girl out of our league stringing us along and only giving us attention when they want something.
The Community Foundation is the reliable girl who isn't so exciting but is there to help us when we need it.
In this case you are annoyed at the reliable girl asking you something because the girl who is out of your league won't speak to you :wink:.

WhileTheChief..
22-10-2019, 03:07 PM
This is the first time I've ever heard from someone on here that has used / benefited from the Community Foundation! It's only taken 5 years or so but thanks for posting this up.

Whilst it's good to hear that they do some decent stuff, I totally agree with the OP. The priorities at our club are all wrong just now.

CMurdoch
22-10-2019, 03:42 PM
This is the first time I've ever heard from someone on here that has used / benefited from the Community Foundation! It's only taken 5 years or so but thanks for posting this up.

Whilst it's good to hear that they do some decent stuff, I totally agree with the OP. The priorities at our club are all wrong just now.

As far as i can see the club have given the foundation very little over the years other than providing accommodation (which is great) and this seasons shirt sponsorship.
They appear to get their money by hitting Scottish Govt funding streams for physical and mental health, education etc as well as shaking tins at matches.
They certainly appear to do a lot more with the small amount of money they attract than the club.
A club who actually bought Daryl Horgan for actual money and give him thousands of pounds every week to overhit cross after cross and miss a chance from less than 2 metres out!

danhibees1875
22-10-2019, 03:47 PM
Afraid we are Roger Irrelevant to the club who are like a girl out of our league stringing us along and only giving us attention when they want something.
The Community Foundation is the reliable girl who isn't so exciting but is there to help us when we need it.
In this case you are annoyed at the reliable girl asking you something because the girl who is out of your league won't speak to you :wink:.

:faf:

Good to hear that you've found the foundation helpful - I'm sure you're not alone. They're work should be celebrated I'm sure. :aok:

FYI - not sure if it's a typo or not, but it's not Monday today!

Onion
22-10-2019, 03:52 PM
OP is right too question to timing and relevance. At best, it makes Hibs look detached, at worst a piece of distraction. From a fans viewpoint (and in the absence of anything remotely helpful coming from the club), the club and first team look in crisis. Terrible PR, an absent CEO, a failing manager, falling attendances, terrible results and one loss away from being bottom of the league - and all this on top of the most significant corporate changes in 30 years - new ownership.

Hibs really need to engage brain before issuing stuff like this and only after they have re-engaged with Hibs fans on the things that matter just now.

CMurdoch
22-10-2019, 04:02 PM
:faf:

Good to hear that you've found the foundation helpful - I'm sure you're not alone. They're work should be celebrated I'm sure. :aok:

FYI - not sure if it's a typo or not, but it's not Monday today!

Thanks Dan, amended day to Tuesday. Auld age strikes!
Right, where are ma trainers?