PDA

View Full Version : Time to sack LD

Greenworld
22-10-2019, 07:16 AM
New approach it's LD to blame for this mess and she should go.
She won't sack PH therfore she should be sacked.
She has lost control ever since the NL situation which was shambolic beyond belief.
I think her usefulness,is done and new energy required.I think we should try a male to run the club what a breath of fresh air that new innovative approach would be.
Appoint a new manageress that would be another first for Hibs.
How about we actually give our development players a game instead of sitting on the bench every week.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
22-10-2019, 07:17 AM
Before anyone else says it is don't know why it says competition

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 07:22 AM
2 good appointments, 1 bad one and she's out? Have to disagree. She has rebuilt us from a much worse position, she can do it again.

Last Minute
22-10-2019, 07:26 AM
2 good appointments, 1 bad one and she's out? Have to disagree. She has rebuilt us from a much worse position, she can do it again.

Aye if you find her? Where is she and the new owner hiding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since90+2
22-10-2019, 07:26 AM
Although I don't think she should be sacked I do think her time at the club is coming to an end. I think she will move on within the next 12 months.

CloudSquall
22-10-2019, 07:32 AM
Things have definitely went stale and I think a change would be good, especially with Ron coming in.

22-10-2019, 07:48 AM
She has lost control ever since the NL situation which was shambolic beyond belief.
I think her usefulness,is done and new energy required.I think we should try a male to run the club what a breath of fresh air that new innovative approach would be.
How about we actually give our development players a game instead of sitting on the bench every week.

What has being male or female got to do with LD's or PH's positions?

Paisley Hibby
22-10-2019, 07:49 AM
Can't remember ever feeling so unenthusiastic about Hibs. The thought of going to ER this Saturday is a chore. If PH continues much longer there will be lots of empty seats. Gives me no pleasure to say it but he has to go and if she doesn't sack him soon, she'll need to go too.

Pretty Boy
22-10-2019, 07:50 AM
I think when things are going wrong in football there is always the temptation to call for the baby to be thrown out with the bathwater. I'm unsure if that is the case at Hibs lately or if there is just a natural end to LDs tenure on the horizon.

When she first came in to the club she undoubtedly had a mess to sort out but there was also a great opportunity. We were such a shambles that a few simple ideas and basic competence where always likely to see an improvement in a few areas. That's not to downplay the job she has done as there are many examples of people in all areas of a football club lacking competence and good ideas. It wasn't always plain sailing either; I remember after an away defeat to Alloa she was subjected to some pretty grim abuse on Twitter and posted a lengthy statement on here defending her plans, asking fans to buy into it and essentially lambasting those who were refusing to do so. Such a show of passion got a very warm reception from many on here.

One of the promises often repeated in the formative years of the new 'regime' was that the cycle of boom and bust was over. There was talk of succession plans, a structure that a manager had to buy into and progression management that would ensure mass clear outs and turmoil was a thing of the past. I'd argue that plan fell at the first hurdle with the appointment of Neil Lennon; whilst it was always going to be difficult to turn down a manager with such a profile did he fit into the above criteria? Have the last 2 summer transfer windows shown a coherent transfer policy built on progression and succession? Does our current squad look like one that won't require a clear out at some point in the short to medium term? Whilst all of these are not direct responsibilities of the Chief Executive they are the remit of people who report to her and it's inarguable that as a club we are failing when it comes to recruitment and on field performance.

Equally other areas are not performing particularly well. There was a big noise made about bringing hospitality back in house but reviews are at best mixed and small things like ex player appearances seem to have disappeared from the experience. The merchandise offering after the SC win was very limited although the current offering in the clubstore looks decent for those that like that sort of thing so credit should be given where it is due. Our social media output and player interaction has been dire for months now, little bits of interaction go a long way with a lot of fans. Hopefully the return of the 'Quickfire' segment is a sign of a drive towards improvement in that area.

A year or 18 months ago it would have been impossible to debate LDs future on here without being shouted down and told she had done a wonderful job and was beyond question. Given our current league position, the steady decline of the last 9-12 months and the general apathy surrounding the club at the moment I'm not so sure that is the case now. It seems we are very much still in a boom and bust cycle and there needs to be clear evidence that we can halt and then reverse the current slide. If we don't we will be back to relegation battles, an apathetic fanbase and dwindling ST sales. That puts us back in the exact position we were in when LD took over and in football past successes get forgotten very quickly, fans live in the here and now and frankly no one in a position of power at the club is performing well enough at the moment.

SMAXXA
22-10-2019, 08:01 AM
Sack sack sack why do people feel the need to sack people all the time. She’s not going to be the first one to appoint a manager that doesn’t work out, if that were the approach clubs all over the world would be sacking CEOs, directors etc. Unfortunately football is generally ups and downs, we are on a downer just now but as has been said doesn’t have to mean we rip everything up and start again.

Also seems a lm obsession folk want to hear from here all the time, let her and the rest in charge behind the scenes get on with things and communicate when it’s something tangible surely.

FWIW I don’t think there is any illusions they know results have been poor and if we don’t win the next couple I think you will see PH let go. No point coming out defending things at this stage when they could sack the manager in a week or 2.

IWasThere2016
22-10-2019, 08:06 AM
I think LD will leave soon - and of her own accord.

She probably feels/knows she has done as much as she can.

IMHO, her silence is telling also.

Frazerbob
22-10-2019, 08:07 AM
I’ve been a huge fan of LD but with every passing day this imposter is still our manager, my faith is draining. She needs to act or leave.

WeeRussell
22-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Wait, so we’re hoping that the person above LD wants rid of Hecky, and then banking on bringing in a replacement for her that doesn’t like him either?

Who do we sack next if that doesn’t work?

Greenworld
22-10-2019, 08:12 AM
Sack sack sack why do people feel the need to sack people all the time. She’s not going to be the first one to appoint a manager that doesn’t work out, if that were the approach clubs all over the world would be sacking CEOs, directors etc. Unfortunately football is generally ups and downs, we are on a downer just now but as has been said doesn’t have to mean we rip everything up and start again.

Also seems a lm obsession folk want to hear from here all the time, let her and the rest in charge behind the scenes get on with things and communicate when it’s something tangible surely.

FWIW I don’t think there is any illusions they know results have been poor and if we don’t win the next couple I think you will see PH let go. No point coming out defending things at this stage when they could sack the manager in a week or 2.There's the thing let's wait till it gets worse and do the inevitable anyway.
PH is not going to get any better the team is not going to perform under his guidance it's plain for all to see.
Make the change now and at least you might get a boost to help win these games

Greenworld
22-10-2019, 08:13 AM
I think when things are going wrong in football there is always the temptation to call for the baby to be thrown out with the bathwater. I'm unsure if that is the case at Hibs lately or if there is just a natural end to LDs tenure on the horizon.

When she first came in to the club she undoubtedly had a mess to sort out but there was also a great opportunity. We were such a shambles that a few simple ideas and basic competence where always likely to see an improvement in a few areas. That's not to downplay the job she has done as there are many examples of people in all areas of a football club lacking competence and good ideas. It wasn't always plain sailing either; I remember after an away defeat to Alloa she was subjected to some pretty grim abuse on Twitter and posted a lengthy statement on here defending her plans, asking fans to buy into it and essentially lambasting those who were refusing to do so. Such a show of passion got a very warm reception from many on here.

One of the promises often repeated in the formative years of the new 'regime' was that the cycle of boom and bust was over. There was talk of succession plans, a structure that a manager had to buy into and progression management that would ensure mass clear outs and turmoil was a thing of the past. I'd argue that plan fell at the first hurdle with the appointment of Neil Lennon; whilst it was always going to be difficult to turn down a manager with such a profile did he fit into the above criteria? Have the last 2 summer transfer windows shown a coherent transfer policy built on progression and succession? Does our current squad look like one that won't require a clear out at some point in the short to medium term? Whilst all of these are not direct responsibilities of the Chief Executive they are the remit of people who report to her and it's inarguable that as a club we are failing when it comes to recruitment and on field performance.

Equally other areas are not performing particularly well. There was a big noise made about bringing hospitality back in house but reviews are at best mixed and small things like ex player appearances seem to have disappeared from the experience. The merchandise offering after the SC win was very limited although the current offering in the clubstore looks decent for those that like that sort of thing so credit should be given where it is due. Our social media output and player interaction has been dire for months now, little bits of interaction go a long way with a lot of fans. Hopefully the return of the 'Quickfire' segment is a sign of a drive towards improvement in that area.

A year or 18 months ago it would have been impossible to debate LDs future on here without being shouted down and told she had done a wonderful job and was beyond question. Given our current league position, the steady decline of the last 9-12 months and the general apathy surrounding the club at the moment I'm not so sure that is the case now. It seems we are very much still in a boom and bust cycle and there needs to be clear evidence that we can halt and then reverse the current slide. If we don't we will be back to relegation battles, an apathetic fanbase and dwindling ST sales. That puts us back in the exact position we were in when LD took over and in football past successes get forgotten very quickly, fans live in the here and now and frankly no one in a position of power at the club is performing well enough at the moment.Well written

Greenworld
22-10-2019, 08:14 AM
Another two job adverts but for the finance department 🖒

Greenworld
22-10-2019, 08:15 AM
What has being male or female got to do with LD's or PH's positions?An attempt at light humour into a crap situation

Greenworld
22-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Can't remember ever feeling so unenthusiastic about Hibs. The thought of going to ER this Saturday is a chore. If PH continues much longer there will be lots of empty seats. Gives me no pleasure to say it but he has to go and if she doesn't sack him soon, she'll need to go too.You are not alone most of my mates are the same paid out plenty for season tickets etc but have had enough.
There will be empty seats as you say but more importantly many will not renew, it is why the club must act quickly you cannot just let fans drift away the chances are they will never return.

Paisley Hibby
22-10-2019, 08:32 AM

FWIW I don’t think there is any illusions they know results have been poor and if we don’t win the next couple I think you will see PH let go. No point coming out defending things at this stage when they could sack the manager in a week or 2.
I'd normally agree with you. But it's been evident for a good while now that PH is not the man for the job. It seems the best we can hope for with him is grinding out just enough points to stay up using the mediocre journeyman squad he's assembled at a cost way beyond the means of most teams in the Premier league. Can anybody honestly say that there's the slightest sign that things could improve with him? He should have gone after the derby.

The Harp Awakes
22-10-2019, 08:34 AM

6 months ago folk would have been queuing up to have a go at you for posting this.

Today you're just saying what a lot of fans are thinking. LD has been almost invisible since NL left. She is bringing criticism upon herself due to the silence and through inaction over a Head Coach who has clearly screwed up and is out of his depth.

Sad times.

jacomo
22-10-2019, 08:38 AM

I give her credit for sacking Butcher too when he was refusing to go, so that’s 3/4 in my book.

However, top execs are paid a lot of money to make decisions and to lead, and she’s not doing either very well at the moment.

Her own strategy - two players for every position plus focus on developing young players - has been abandoned, and for what? A disjointed and apparently costly squad that isn’t delivering great results. There are also all the issues that infuriate fans - the state of ER, ticketing, singing section etc

I don’t want her to go but we can’t go on like this for much longer.

BILLYHIBS
22-10-2019, 08:41 AM

A year or 18 months ago it would have been impossible to debate LDs future on here without being shouted down and told she had done a wonderful job and was beyond question. Given our current league position, the steady decline of the last 9-12 months and the general apathy surrounding the club at the moment I'm not so sure that is the case now. It seems we are very much still in a boom and bust cycle and there needs to be clear evidence that we can halt and then reverse the current slide. If we don't we will be back to relegation battles, an apathetic fanbase and dwindling ST sales. That puts us back in the exact position we were in when LD took over and in football past successes get forgotten very quickly, fans live in the here and now and frankly no one in a position of power at the club is performing well enough at the moment.

:top marks

Excellent post!

Your last paragraph sums things up for me

I thought she looked uncomfortable at the handover from STF and RP to Wee Ron and I fear she no longer has the desire appetite or enthusiasm to continue certainly by all accounts the media are coming to the generally held forum view that her appointment of PH has been a shambles

If the current malaise continues I can see ST sales falling off a cliff

Wee Ron will be taking all this in and together with our present lowly league position with little evidence of an upturn in fortunes change must surely come sooner rather than later

Eaststand
22-10-2019, 08:47 AM
I'd normally agree with you. But it's been evident for a good while now that PH is not the man for the job. It seems the best we can hope for with him is grinding out just enough points to stay up using the mediocre journeyman squad he's assembled at a cost way beyond the means of most teams in the Premier league. Can anybody honestly say that there's the slightest sign that things could improve with him? He should have gone after the derby.

If we did get rid of Hecky soon it would be perfect timing as our new manager would then have some games to assess our squad before the January transfer window.
He can then use the Jan window to make the players available for transfer that don't make the grade, and we all know there are quite a few of those.
That should then free up some funds to bring in replacement players who show some desire and fight to get us moving up the league again.

Delaying Heckys sacking simply makes the task for our next manager a lot harder

GGTTH

ScottB
22-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Nobody should be untouchable, not least given how the last 18 months have gone.

Certainly big change is required, and hopefully the new ownership are taking action...

worcesterhibby
22-10-2019, 08:57 AM
there is a lot of talk on here about how Hibs have to get away from Boom and Bust cycles and that we should "always be top 6 minimum" and that "If we aren't qualifying for Europe each year and getting to semi-finals we have failed". Sounds great and I share the wish that we could do this, but just how realistic is it ?

Which team in Scotland other than Celtic can say they have been consistently in the top 6 for the last 25 years ? Have gone through a variety of managers and still continued to succeed (in relative terms) and shown consistency....because I can't think of one. That's not to say it shouldn't be our aim, but maybe, just maybe it's actually a pretty hard thing to achieve in football, unless you financially absolutely dominate the league you are in.

Aberdeen on the face of it seem like the team most people would point to as being consistently better than us and they certainly have been under Derek McInnes, but what about under previous managers ? Since Alex Ferguson left in 1994 Aberdeen have finished outside the top 6 on 9 occasions out of 24 seasons..so just a little bit less than 40% of the time, they fail to make the top 6. Hearts on the other hand have only been out of the top 6 on 5 occasions in that time, but then they cheated by spending money that wasn't there's and ended up in administration, so it's not a very good example. Motherwell finished outside the top 6 on 11 occasions in those 24 years so more than 45% of the time. Hibs have definitely underperformed in that time period as we have been out of the top 6 on 13 occasions (not helped by 4 years in the Championship !) so there is absolutely room for us to show MORE consistency, but it's fair to say that no team in Scotland outside of the old firm has managed to consistently even finish in the top 6 in the modern era, never mind always be battling it out for a top 4 spot.

That's not to say that we shouldn't be trying to achieve that consistency, but nobody has ever managed it on the sort of resources that we have..... It's maybe worth remembering that when we start calling for the CEO to be sacked. Stuart Milne is presiding over a pretty successful time in Aberdeens history at the moment, but let's not forget that the fours years preceding the appointment of Derek McInnes they came 9th, 9th, 9th and 8th.

Consistent success in football without a glut of money is a very, very hard thing to come by.

Let's hope LD's next appointment is our Derek McInnes and that we manage to hold on to him as long as Aberdeen have.

Onion
22-10-2019, 09:02 AM
You'd be excused for thinking she left the club 4 months ago. Or simply in hiding.

WhileTheChief..
22-10-2019, 09:03 AM
6 months ago folk would have been queuing up to have a go at you for posting this.

Today you're just saying what a lot of fans are thinking. LD has been almost invisible since NL left. She is bringing criticism upon herself due to the silence and through inaction over a Head Coach who has clearly screwed up and is out of his depth.

Sad times.

She gave us a crap statement about why he left then blatantly lied to us about the shirt sponsorship fiasco.

She offers nothing to the club anymore and should move on to do some community work or whatever her passion is these days.

Andy74
22-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Doing well previously doesn't save managers for too long when it all starts to go badly, don't see why this would be much different.

We've pretty much gone full circle and now is about the right point to change direction in how the club is run. I'm sure the new owner will be looking to make changes and suspect that this will be her last season.

Greenworld
22-10-2019, 09:13 AM
She gave us a crap statement about why he left then blatantly lied to us about the shirt sponsorship fiasco.

She offers nothing to the club anymore and should move on to do some community work or whatever her passion is these days.It's a great point chief her passion seems to be around community work whilst that is admirable Hibernian should always be the priority.
It is interesting all the jobs that have been advertised are all on the financial side of things .
She cut the club to the bone on that side of things .

tonyrougier123
22-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Hibs need a ceo that wants to put sporting ambition back to the top of the pile of our clubs list of things to do.

Whilst hibs in the community is a good idea,its beginning to suck the sporting life out of the club.

Nothing is coming out of east mains productive,first team or developmental.

We have been through this before.

Doesn't end well.

Hard decisions need made about how to take the club forward again,before we jump backwards too far.

The people in charge of the youth teams are not bringing through enough talent.

The recruitment dept. Are very in need of upheaval.

And the management team are underachieving.

What we do have a lot of is people doing very little about these issues.

There are other issues,but I would rather the sporting ones where of the highest importance.

Over to you leeann.

From a very disgruntled hibby!!😤

Ozyhibby
22-10-2019, 10:08 AM
It’s getting close to that point. Club is just coasting now. Shambles.

Sioux
22-10-2019, 10:33 AM
fans live in the here and now

Aye right. Cloud cuckoo land perhaps, if this place is the barometer.

The answer is always 'get rid'. No matter if that's players, coaches, medical staff, directors, kitman etc etc, and no other outcome will do for the hard of thinking.

I wonder what the same people would think if they were sacked on the spot because their employer was experiencing a downturn in performance?

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 10:36 AM
Aye right. Cloud cuckoo land perhaps, if this place is the barometer.

The answer is always 'get rid'. No matter if that's players, coaches, medical staff, directors, kitman etc etc, and no other outcome will do for the hard of thinking.

I wonder what the same people would think if they were sacked on the spot because their employer was experiencing a downturn in performance?

When else has there ever been a call to sack LD? Even after last years shambles she got backed to the hilt so your post is poor and in poor taste in ripping into fans.

eastcoasthibby
22-10-2019, 10:39 AM
Li get a lot of the concerns about how the club is being managed overall ..but not sure it's down to LD ..I am without evidence totally convinced that she is being very clearly instructed by the new owner as to how she will engage in her role and how/when she can communicate ..there is no other reason for the drastic change in her style of management ... something is happening behind the scenes in the club and only time will tell the AGM might well set the plans out !!

Sioux
22-10-2019, 10:52 AM
When else has there ever been a call to sack LD? Even after last years shambles she got backed to the hilt so your post is poor and in poor taste in ripping into fans.

If you say so, you must be right.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2019, 10:57 AM
Li get a lot of the concerns about how the club is being managed overall ..but not sure it's down to LD ..I am without evidence totally convinced that she is being very clearly instructed by the new owner as to how she will engage in her role and how/when she can communicate ..there is no other reason for the drastic change in her style of management ... something is happening behind the scenes in the club and only time will tell the AGM might well set the plans out !!

This is how i see it too, i'm just hoping everything will become clearer once the AGM is out the way.

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Aye if you find her? Where is she and the new owner hiding.

No, probably going about their jobs as usual. What do you expect? Constant statements? No owner really does all that stuff.

lucky
22-10-2019, 11:31 AM
When LD came in she was bright and ambitious and seemed to have lots of new ideas on how to take the club forward. But now our club feels like it’s treading in treacle. Most fans are unhappy with the management team the sides performances. LD seems like she no longer wishes to engage with the support, I think it started with the loyalty scheme but it just continued. We were told Hibs were aiming to be at the heart of the community and the FF stand was going to be an NHS hub. But I just feel the club has lost its way. All the soft initiatives are good but reality I support Hibs as they are my team and I want a team playing decent competitive football. The rest of the initiatives are a side show which I’m not that interested in. LD should leave the community politics to the political parties and concentrate on getting a winning team on the park, a sponsor, ticketing system sorted, catering sorted and restoring the fans faith in the club

Alfred E Newman
22-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Doing well previously doesn't save managers for too long when it all starts to go badly, don't see why this would be much different.

We've pretty much gone full circle and now is about the right point to change direction in how the club is run. I'm sure the new owner will be looking to make changes and suspect that this will be her last season.

I'm not sure the new owner has a clue about running a football club, especially a club with a large core support who expect a decent level of success and a decent quality of football. I wouldn't be holding your breath waiting on action from "Ron".

Last Minute
22-10-2019, 11:44 AM
No, probably going about their jobs as usual. What do you expect? Constant statements? No owner really does all that stuff.

Doing what like exactly? Guy buys a club 3 months ago and not a word. Chief executive who worked hard to unite the board with the fans not be seen or heard for months. Club is 2nd bottom in the league for gods sake.

Last Minute
22-10-2019, 11:46 AM
When LD came in she was bright and ambitious and seemed to have lots of new ideas on how to take the club forward. But now our club feels like it’s treading in treacle. Most fans are unhappy with the management team the sides performances. LD seems like she no longer wishes to engage with the support, I think it started with the loyalty scheme but it just continued. We were told Hibs were aiming to be at the heart of the community and the FF stand was going to be an NHS hub. But I just feel the club has lost its way. All the soft initiatives are good but reality I support Hibs as they are my team and I want a team playing decent competitive football. The rest of the initiatives are a side show which I’m not that interested in. LD should leave the community politics to the political parties and concentrate on getting a winning team on the park, a sponsor, ticketing system sorted, catering sorted and restoring the fans faith in the club

100% correct . [emoji122]

hibeerealist
22-10-2019, 12:03 PM

A very good summary of just where we are and where we have been I agree with you entirely.

I cannot understand the reluctance to act here as we have all seen this movie and know where it ends (unless action taken), our love for the club is arguably taken for granted. Good post

22-10-2019, 12:06 PM

Good point well made.

Liberal Hibby
22-10-2019, 12:09 PM

Great post and pretty much where I am too. I wonder whether the delay in taking action on PH is the lack of a Director of Football? Surely whoever takes over from George Craig would want a say in the appointment of the new head coach?

Viva_Palmeiras
22-10-2019, 12:20 PM

What a Dinosaur - if that’s the competition you aimed for you won.
This “female” succeeded where for 114 years of “male“ stewardship failed.

The disadvantage you and we all have is to know what is going on behind the scenes... jumping to conclusions is hardly helping.

Keith_M
22-10-2019, 12:23 PM

In the Neil Lennon situation, I don't think anybody came out of that smelling of roses, including Lennon. TBH, I'm not exactly sure how else she could have handled it.

FilipinoHibs
22-10-2019, 12:29 PM
In the Neil Lennon situation, I don't think anybody came out of that smelling of roses, including Lennon. TBH, I'm not exactly sure how else she could have handled it.

Lennon had to go. His behaviour on and off the pitch was deplorable.

22-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Had it just been failure of a head coach think you could cut some slack but the whole place seems to be going backwards. Successful team on the pitch sometimes papers over the cracks elsewhere. Now that the footballs gone sour it doesn’t half open the eyes to failure to deliver elsewhere in the club.

Greenio
22-10-2019, 12:49 PM
Had it just been failure of a head coach think you could cut some slack but the whole place seems to be going backwards. Successful team on the pitch sometimes papers over the cracks elsewhere. Now that the footballs gone sour it doesn’t half open the eyes to failure to deliver elsewhere in the club.

Or, when the footballs gone sour, folk are pissed off, start picking holes and want to start handing out P45s like sweeties?

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Or, when the footballs gone sour, folk are pissed off, start picking holes and want to start handing out P45s like sweeties?

There was a lot of concern when we failed to attract a main sponsor this season and that was before the football side was rotten.

Greenworld
22-10-2019, 01:07 PM
What a Dinosaur - if that’s the competition you aimed for you won.
This “female” succeeded where for 114 years of “male“ stewardship failed.

The disadvantage you and we all have is to know what is going on behind the scenes... jumping to conclusions is hardly helping.I am old but prehistoric is pushing it [emoji102]for what's it's worth Alan Stubbs his coaches and the players won the SC.
LD gets too much credit for this you would think she scored the winning goal.
I am however dealing with the hear and now history and dinasours are just that.

Greenio
22-10-2019, 01:27 PM
There was a lot of concern when we failed to attract a main sponsor this season and that was before the football side was rotten.

True, there was some concern. Cant remember anyone calling for her to be sacked though. When a team's losing, the dark clouds descend and everything gets pissed upon. Likewise, when it's joy on the park, nothing else seems to matter.

eastmainsmsh
22-10-2019, 01:33 PM
leanns been great for club but with Petrie leaving and Ron Gordon's takeover I think George Craigs being the fall guy giving Heck breathing space in hope results turn around as Leann appointed Heck

JimBHibees
22-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Before anyone else says it is don't know why it says competition

Disagree and to me nothing about the Lennon situation was shambolic. Like everything an easy target at the moment. She has done a very good job for Hibs just think back where we were when she took over. She isn't perfect like anyone however she has clear leadership qualities which are definitely needed at the club. I would imagine having a new owner might not be such an easy gig for her especially given the very poor results at the moment.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-10-2019, 02:01 PM
At some point though, there will be a credibility gap if LD doesn't take the correct action. She certainly has the backbone to do it as demonstrated by the way that she dispatched Butcher. Also , there is a huge gap between saying nothing and doing nothing. I am sure that PH has a minimum target to meet before he is trusted with another transfer window.

Greenworld
22-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Disagree and to me nothing about the Lennon situation was shambolic. Like everything an easy target at the moment. She has done a very good job for Hibs just think back where we were when she took over. She isn't perfect like anyone however she has clear leadership qualities which are definitely needed at the club. I would imagine having a new owner might not be such an easy gig for her especially given the very poor results at the moment.Really! there cant be many that think that was handled well. Whatever truly happened will remain a mystery but by no stretch of your imagination can you say it was handled well.
I'm not one for looking back Its now and the future that matters and concerns me

Alfred E Newman
22-10-2019, 02:10 PM
At some point though, there will be a credibility gap if LD doesn't take the correct action. She certainly has the backbone to do it as demonstrated by the way that she dispatched Butcher. Also , there is a huge gap between saying nothing and doing nothing. I am sure that PH has a minimum target to meet before he is trusted with another transfer window.
Dispatching Butcher was an easy decision. Hecky is her appointment and she is going to have to admit he was a bum choice.

JimBHibees
22-10-2019, 02:41 PM
Really! there cant be many that think that was handled well. Whatever truly happened will remain a mystery but by no stretch of your imagination can you say it was handled well.
I'm not one for looking back Its now and the future that matters and concerns me

Sounds like Lennon behaviour was out of line can't think of any other way it could have been handled.

WhileTheChief..
22-10-2019, 03:12 PM
Sounds like Lennon behaviour was out of line can't think of any other way it could have been handled.

LD could have told Kamberi to grow a set instead of greeting and backed the manager she employed. That's one way she could have handled it!!

Instead, she got rid of Lennon and now Heckingbottom has to deal with Kamberi.

It was the worst decision she's made in her time with Hibs, her explanation for Lennon's departure bamboozled the whole of Scottish football and we're now reaping what she sowed back then.

Hermit Crab
22-10-2019, 03:13 PM
Her and PH can go. Wouldn't be a great loss, all good things come to an end.

JimBHibees
22-10-2019, 03:16 PM
LD could have told Kamberi to grow a set instead of greeting and backed the manager she employed. That's one way she could have handled it!!

It was the worst decision she's made in her time with Hibs, her explanation for Lennon's departure bamboozled the whole of Scottish football and we're now reaping what she sowed back then.

Bamboozled the whole of Scottish football? only bamboozled Lennons mates. He was out of control and the team was in free fall.

Barman Stanton
22-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Lets not forget that before all that Lennon had went walkabout, had publicly threatened to quit, went on a long winless streak and had us sitting 7th in the table. This is just the things that happened out in the open. I liked Lennon but he was having a difficult season. There was rumours that he insulted Dempster personally. If true I dont think she had much option. I would be surprised if he hadn't already had warnings.

cmcd
22-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Her and PH can go. Wouldn't be a great loss, all good things come to an end.

Beware what you wish for

supermcginn
22-10-2019, 03:41 PM
Beware what you wish for

Yeah we could be 12th instead of 11th!

Ronniekirk
22-10-2019, 03:49 PM
She appears to be keeping more of a low profile at a time when we are at our lowest since she turned things around
Difficult to know what If Ron has changed things but given no statement to that effect you would assume not
So she is choosing not to be as high profile at present
Is there a date for a A G M haven’t seen this mentioned as that at least was a forum for questions to be asked
It’s usually around this time of year if memory serves me right
I think she has acknowledged five years is the right to do this type of job so you would assume she is looking if a better opportunity presents itself
But also she will want to know what changes if any Ron is going to make snd when
But lack of communication will just create speculation so would be good if A G M was coming up

WeeRussell
22-10-2019, 03:51 PM

What is it about Kamberi exactly that Heckingbottom is now having to deal with?

Inconsequential
22-10-2019, 03:54 PM
The club has been in freefall since early this year. Lennon left Hibs in 7th place and now the club are second bottom. Apart from a good spell where the top six place was achieved probably due to new manager 'bounce' and the senior players rallying and trying to impress the new regime.

I liked Lennon he had ambitions for Hibs and got the Club noticed there is no such thing as bad publicity. He has done ok since the break-up but Hibs haven't. The club are hopelessly drifting at sea at the moment. Whether things may have improved under Lennon IF he remained as manager we will never know. All points IMO.

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 04:03 PM
The club has been in freefall since early this year. Lennon left Hibs in 7th place and now the club are second bottom. Apart from a good spell where the top six place was achieved probably due to new manager 'bounce' and the senior players rallying and trying to impress the new regime.

I liked Lennon he had ambitions for Hibs and got the Club noticed there is no such thing as bad publicity. He has done ok since the break-up but Hibs haven't. The club are hopelessly drifting at sea at the moment. Whether things may have improved under Lennon IF he remained as manager we will never know. All points IMO.

We where stagnating badly under Lennon. Saying that now we know the alternative....

Andy74
22-10-2019, 04:13 PM
We where stagnating badly under Lennon. Saying that now we know the alternative....

We weren't really, we had some bad form. We're never going to get anywhere if we react to some bad form by suggesting that it is not going to be recovered from.

We were already about to recruit McNulty, had Omeonga on board and I'm fairly confident based on his career record that the team would have picked up and the club would have continued in the right way.

The form was nowhere near sackable territory - whatever went on behind the scenes led to him leaving and I still feel that the decision made on how that was to be managed has led us to this point. We can't sit here now saying it was the right decision. A far bigger team than us has picked him up, he's dealing with a higher level of player and ego and they all seem to be coping just fine with whatever management style he has.

I also agree with the fact that the Community thing has become a bit of a distraction. What happened also to the big money maker we were mean to be hearing about with the NHS and the Famous Five? The lack of sponsor?

I think LD has been here a while now, had some great highs and made some good progress initially but we are now seeing quite an extended period across a number of fronts at the club of us going the wrong way.

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 04:17 PM
We weren't really, we had some bad form. We're never going to get anywhere if we react to some bad form by suggesting that it is not going to be recovered from.

We were already about to recruit McNulty, had Omeonga on board and I'm fairly confident based on his career record that the team would have picked up and the club would have continued in the right way.

The form was nowhere near sackable territory - whatever went on behind the scenes led to him leaving and I still feel that the decision made on how that was to be managed has led us to this point. We can't sit here now saying it was the right decision. A far bigger team than us has picked him up, he's dealing with a higher level of player and ego and they all seem to be coping just fine with whatever management style he has.

I also agree with the fact that the Community thing has become a bit of a distraction. What happened also to the big money maker we were mean to be hearing about with the NHS and the Famous Five? The lack of sponsor?

I think LD has been here a while now, had some great highs and made some good progress initially but we are now seeing quite an extended period across a number of fronts at the club of us going the wrong way.

Nah he had had enough and took the huff, not appearing for interviews, bingo teams every week and there was a distinct lack of morale, even with the likes of Gray and McGregor not just Kamberi. Ambrose had left also and form was extremely poor and well behind the top six when he left. I still believe that was the correct decision as I didn’t think he wanted to be at the club anymore anyway.

I do agree with the rest although I think the foundation was a massive cover up for ****ing up with a main sponsor. What was all the big news and the big changes we would see around the ground when the sponsor was announced also?

we are hibs
22-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Given Dempster publicly backed Lennon after Tynecastle last season and was on the radio defending him then just over 2 months later he was gone i would be shocked if Lennon wasnt suspended and dismissed without good reason.

For me her time is up and shes been living on borrowed time for a wee while now. I wouldnt like to see her sacked but a mutual parting of ways may be best for all. She isnt the only chief executive in the world and like any player/manager she isnt irreplaceable.

we are hibs
22-10-2019, 04:51 PM

Lennon had something like 1 win in 14 when he left.

Heckingbottom currently has 1 win in 13.

Lennon had to go as the football was hard to watch and it was pretty clear that relations between players and manager were beyond repair. Just because his replacement has been woefully poor doesnt change that.

Nicho87
22-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Travel across from the kingdom that is fife and the 30 minute drive feels like a 2 hour drive currently. The thought of Saturday, Wednesday by a semi is so unappealing, not what I want to be feeling

Squirrel 1875
22-10-2019, 05:00 PM
The whole club is in dire need of upheaval. Most CEOs leave a company after enacting a five-year plan, with anything beyond that generally a period where the business is at risk of going stagnant. Dempster has gone stale for hibs - she should be thanked for her contribution and moved on. It is best for both sides, particularly her legacy which is currently at dire risk of being ruined.

Squirrel 1875
22-10-2019, 05:04 PM

On reflection, yes, the Lennon sacking issue may have been an error. Or was it? I’m not so sure. I think the critical error was hiring Heckingbottom as his replacement, there were alternatives but we went for the vastly inferior, cheaper option(s).

For me, Strachan could have been convinced that a move back to club football would work.

Captain Trips
22-10-2019, 05:12 PM
Time for her to realise it isn't working and sack him as the respect will still be there. Needs to be now though.

Keith_M
22-10-2019, 06:26 PM

Lennon had to go as the football was hard to watch and it was pretty clear that relations between players and manager were beyond repair. Just because his replacement has been woefully poor doesnt change that.

:agree:

I enjoyed the highs of Lennon's tenure at Hibs but surely people can see that it just wasn't working out at the latter end.

I got the distinct feeling he was pining for his beloved Celtc. The truth is, though, that that's just speculation, and none of us know the full details of what went on.

hhibs
22-10-2019, 08:20 PM
Disagree and to me nothing about the Lennon situation was shambolic. Like everything an easy target at the moment. She has done a very good job for Hibs just think back where we were when she took over. She isn't perfect like anyone however she has clear leadership qualities which are definitely needed at the club. I would imagine having a new owner might not be such an easy gig for her especially given the very poor results at the moment.

Very poor performance from her for at least 20 months ,in my view longer,time she moved on.

The Captain....
22-10-2019, 08:31 PM
Not sure sacking Dempster and the manager is the best thing for the club at this moment in time. Get shot of Hecky yes..defo.

I dont think she sees her future at the club post takeover..I'd agree the last 6 -9 months have been pretty poor but from a stability/continuity perspective I dont think her job is done yet.

It's been a strange old 4 months or so..almost as if we dreamed we'd been taken over.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 08:37 PM
Not sure sacking Dempster and the manager is the best thing for the club at this moment in time. Get shot of Hecky yes..defo.

I dont think she sees her future at the club post takeover..I'd agree the last 6 -9 months have been pretty poor but from a stability/continuity perspective I dont think her job is done yet.

It's been a strange old 4 months or so..almost as if we dreamed we'd been taken over.

It would be nice to know the plan from like, anyone. Why Gordon bought the club, what are the plans for the future, what is LDs long term aspirations from the club etc. Instead we get not a lot while we tumble down the table.

There’s a distinct lack of leadership or ownership of the poor situation on and off the pitch. In fact the only beacon of light has been Kieran as the fans rep in which has been improved tenfold.

The Captain....
22-10-2019, 09:01 PM
It would be nice to know the plan from like, anyone. Why Gordon bought the club, what are the plans for the future, what is LDs long term aspirations from the club etc. Instead we get not a lot while we tumble down the table.

There’s a distinct lack of leadership or ownership of the poor situation on and off the pitch. In fact the only beacon of light has been Kieran as the fans rep in which has been improved tenfold.Agreed..If you factor in the due diligence process it's all been a while in the planning. Other than the clumsily answered infrastructure 'pony up' comment there has been virtually nothing from RG. Im not one to want announcements every other week like..but a general idea that the Board have some sort of contingency for the current.malaise would be good. It feels like they are just hoping that the evidence of our lowly position in a frankly gash league and the paltry points return from the last dozen games will magically turn around somehow to get them out of jail.

I'm not feeling particularly positive they do have a plan at the moment to be honest.

18Craig75
22-10-2019, 09:08 PM
Agreed..If you factor in the due diligence process it's all been a while in the planning. Other than the clumsily answered infrastructure 'pony up' comment there has been virtually nothing from RG. Im not one to want announcements every other week like..but a general idea that the Board have some sort of contingency for the current.malaise would be good. It feels like they are just hoping that the evidence of our lowly position in a frankly gash league and the paltry points return from the last dozen games will magically turn around somehow to get them out of jail.

I'm not feeling particularly positive they do have a plan at the moment to be honest.

It would be good to see an interview with either Ron Gordon or Leeann that wasn’t conducted by the Hibs media team. I know we had the initial press call stuff on the day RG took over, but the times we’ve heard from him since, and also LD’s ‘I’m going nowhere’ interview, were carefully choreographed and very beige interviews If you ask me. Time for some pertinent and tough questions to be asked, the silence is deafening atm.

jacomo
22-10-2019, 09:10 PM
It would be good to see an interview with either Ron Gordon or Leeann that wasn’t conducted by the Hibs media team. I know we had the initial press call stuff on the day RG took over, but the times we’ve heard from him since, and also LD’s ‘I’m going nowhere’ interview, were carefully choreographed and very beige interviews If you ask me. Time for some pertinent and tough questions to be asked, the silence is deafening atm.

It would be nice. Unfortunately we don’t seem to have the local paper acting as our local propaganda office.

bingo70
22-10-2019, 09:16 PM

The last interview we had from Dempster she said that Shaw was one of the best young strikers in Europe, soon as I heard that I dismissed everything she said in that interview as utter waffle.

I’m going to guess as there’s a bit pressure building on her there’ll be another interview put together pretty soon (maybe after/if we win a game) that’ll try to address some of the concerns.

In fairness as much as we want to hear from her now there isn’t really any point, anything she says now would be lost in amongst Hecky out responses, that’s all people are really interested in short term, longer terms there’s a bigger picture we need to know more about but until things are sorted on the pitch we’re probably better waiting from a PR perspective.

Sir David Gray
22-10-2019, 09:38 PM

We had won 2 league games out of 14 when Lennon left, we are currently on a run of 1 league win out of 14 matches going back to last season.

Liberal Hibby
22-10-2019, 10:32 PM

Agreed - I expect being a CEO of a company going through a foreign takeover (particularly if you don't have a deputy or an operations director to manage the day-to-day stuff) makes it difficult to keep your eye on the strategic goal. But once the deal is done there needs to be clear communication about both the corporate and sporting goals - and that is desperately missing. It's perfectly possible for Leeann and Ron to talk about the strategic goals without talking about the current head coach - but we're not even getting that.

Things are drifting and will become uncontrolable soon if nothing is done from the top.

InchHibby
23-10-2019, 04:22 AM
With regards to Neil Lennon, yes he was good for Hibs, no doubt about it but, in the end he was a bit of a loose canon.
Slagging of players to the media, going awol on numerous occasions, threatening to quit/walk away two or three times.
It definitely affected his last season, some of his team choices were ludicrous to say the least, looked liked to me anyway, a man working his ticket. I personally think near the end he was tapped by Celtic who knew Rodgers was going and the strange team selections along with the constant throwing his toys out the prom was part and parcel of his agenda.
Shafted us big time in my opinion.

Forza Fred
23-10-2019, 05:00 AM
The whole club is in dire need of upheaval. Most CEOs leave a company after enacting a five-year plan, with anything beyond that generally a period where the business is at risk of going stagnant. Dempster has gone stale for hibs - she should be thanked for her contribution and moved on. It is best for both sides, particularly her legacy which is currently at dire risk of being ruined.

We must have read different ‘Management For Dummies’ publications.

7 years has always been the cycle thatI have read.

JimBHibees
23-10-2019, 05:54 AM

There’s a distinct lack of leadership or ownership of the poor situation on and off the pitch. In fact the only beacon of light has been Kieran as the fans rep in which has been improved tenfold.

There is a plan we are targeting being the best of the rest. :greengrin

jacomo
23-10-2019, 12:10 PM
We must have read different ‘Management For Dummies’ publications.

7 years has always been the cycle thatI have read.

That’s cos Australians are a bit slower than the rest of us.

:wink:

Hibiza
23-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Leanne maybe just on cruise control. Never seen the " Shaw best young player in Europe " before, that's a good one.

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Leanne maybe just on cruise control. Never seen the " Shaw best young player in Europe " before, that's a good one.

Why would you put that in quotation marks when that isn't a quote? She did not say that.

Hermit Crab
23-10-2019, 05:52 PM
Why would you put that in quotation marks when that isn't a quote? She did not say that.

No, she said he is one of the best young strikers in Europe. Ridiculous statement

Hibs star Oli Shaw is one of Europe's best young players, says ...https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiEgsz_-LLlAhWYgVwKHcAsD-4QFjAAegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thescottishsun.co.uk%2Fsport %2Ffootball%2F3852506%2Fhibs-oli-shaw-europe-best-players-leeann-dempster%2F&usg=AOvVaw2kSBys6mHUR8JwANFGbhZn) › sport › football › hibs-oli-shaw-europe-b..

Hibs chief Leeann Dempster reveals which young player is ...https://www.football-addict.com (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiEgsz_-LLlAhWYgVwKHcAsD-4QFjABegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-addict.com%2Fen%2Farticle%2Fhibernianfc%2Fhibs-chief-leeann-dempster-reveals-which-young-player-is-one-of-the-best-in-europe%2F5c5d57345f8406144e73c999%3Futm_campaign%3 Dpost-auto%26utm_medium%3Dfacebook%26utm_source%3Dhibs-addict&usg=AOvVaw0dGmVgwNsvJC_rVZAjLLMZ) › article › hibernianfc › hibs-chief-leeann...

PatHead
23-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Seem to remember that when RG arrived it was said that each department of the club was to develop their own business plan. This was to be presented to him after about 6 months.

I assume that he will be over shortly for the AGM and everything will be clarified then. Hopefully we will then get some positive momentum. For what it is worth I don't think Leeann moving on would be a good thing. Wouldn't be adverse to Hecky going though.

Scotty Leither
23-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Seem to remember that when RG arrived it was said that each department of the club was to develop their own business plan. This was to be presented to him after about 6 months.

I assume that he will be over shortly for the AGM and everything will be clarified then. Hopefully we will then get some positive momentum. For what it is worth I don't think Leeann moving on would be a good thing. Wouldn't be adverse to Hecky going though.

His guy in the Boardroom Archie Paton could deign to speak to us though, PatHead, because right now there's a groundswell of resentment building up, and FWIW their (apparent) indifference to the fans opinions and sensibilities is one of the reasons i'm (for the moment) not buying into HSL.

There needs to be some trust built up before I commit to extra funds to the club in any form, and i'm far from convinced that infrastructure projects (i.e. the £4.5m barn) isn't being given precedence over recruitment of a higher standard of players (again).

So time for Paton and Gordon to front up in terms of some positive news on the playing front; beginning with the removal of the manager, the removal of Benchmark PR, and some indication of their medium to long-term plans would be nice for starters.

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2019, 07:02 PM
No, she said he is one of the best young strikers in Europe. Ridiculous statement

Hibs star Oli Shaw is one of Europe's best young players, says ... (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiEgsz_-LLlAhWYgVwKHcAsD-4QFjAAegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thescottishsun.co.uk%2Fsport %2Ffootball%2F3852506%2Fhibs-oli-shaw-europe-best-players-leeann-dempster%2F&usg=AOvVaw2kSBys6mHUR8JwANFGbhZn)https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk › sport › football › hibs-oli-shaw-europe-b..

Hibs chief Leeann Dempster reveals which young player is ... (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiEgsz_-LLlAhWYgVwKHcAsD-4QFjABegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-addict.com%2Fen%2Farticle%2Fhibernianfc%2Fhibs-chief-leeann-dempster-reveals-which-young-player-is-one-of-the-best-in-europe%2F5c5d57345f8406144e73c999%3Futm_campaign%3 Dpost-auto%26utm_medium%3Dfacebook%26utm_source%3Dhibs-addict&usg=AOvVaw0dGmVgwNsvJC_rVZAjLLMZ)https://www.football-addict.com › article › hibernianfc › hibs-chief-leeann...

Statistically, at the time, he probably was. His goals to minutes ratio is very good. Not like Hibs.net to take a quote totally out of context, though.

B.H.F.C
23-10-2019, 07:13 PM
Statistically, at the time, he probably was. His goals to minutes ratio is very good. Not like Hibs.net to take a quote totally out of context, though.

Hibs.net didn’t take anything out of context. The below is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say and not even remotely true statistically or whatever way you want to spin it.

"Absolutely one of the best young players, certainly for his age group, in Europe”

bingo70
23-10-2019, 07:24 PM

For all the things you can have a pop at Hibs.net at, that’s not one of them.

Nothing out of context about it, was a stupid thing to say and a million miles from the truth.

Sir David Gray
23-10-2019, 08:01 PM

It wasn't taken out of context. Regardless of what way you look at what she said it was nonsense.

hhibs
23-10-2019, 08:26 PM

Somehow in my memory I thought he gave them 90 days but I am getting on a bit !

highland hibbee
23-10-2019, 09:02 PM

Lennons public castigating of Kamberi was out of order and probably would have led to his sacking in most other walks of life. Nothing to do with whether Kamberi needed to grow a set or not, it was 2018 not 1978.
am I the only one who believes there was a plan by Lennon to make him readily available when Rodgers ( inevitably ) would leave Celtic.

JimBHibees
23-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Lennons public castigating of Kamberi was out of order and probably would have led to his sacking in most other walks of life. Nothing to do with whether Kamberi needed to grow a set or not, it was 2018 not 1978.
am I the only one who believes there was a plan by Lennon to make him readily available when Rodgers ( inevitably ) would leave Celtic.

No you are not the only one.

Andy74
23-10-2019, 09:21 PM

Probably not but there’s a lot of idiots out there.

If you think whatever public criticism he had of Kamberi was a sacking offence then that puts into context why you believe the other thing.

basehibby
23-10-2019, 09:46 PM
First of all I'd like to say that it's a time when we need a bit of continuity and solidity at the club so I'm glad she's here.

As far as doing her job's concerned though the single most important aspect of her role is recruitment of the Manager. The appointment of Heckingbottom looks unlikely to prove a success right now but her prior record in that respect has been excellent - so I'd cut her a bit of slack there such that if it comes to pass that we're looking for a new manager again in the near future then I'm happy that she'll be heading up the process. Her ongoing management of that situation is crucial though and will be a real test of her mettle.

Other aspects have been a wee bit concerning - the lack of a shirt sponsor looks a big omission to me and there have been problems with turnstiles etc at the start of the season. Possibly the dual distractions of managerial upheaval and change of ownership have played a part here, but it's a basic for a Football Club to maximise these income streams so I'm a bit disappointed with that outcome. I'd imagine Ron Gordon would be thinking the same.

Could Leanne be getting a bit jaded with the role? I hope not. She's been a great influence on the club these last 4 years or so and I hope she'll bounce back from these recent challenges and continue to be so.

FilipinoHibs
23-10-2019, 10:39 PM

A young colleague who is a Hibs fan and close with a number of young players at ER was told by them that he bullied a number of players, verbally and physically. Kamberi was the one to stand up to him. Take that and all his off field behaviour - spouting off about the club lacking ambition, slating players, not turning up for press conferences and antics on the pitch side, right thing to get rid of him. Apart from second half of first season in SPL when he had the golden midfield, the football was hard on the eye. Clearly at the end of his tenure the players were not playing for him. They like many of us had had enough.

MWHIBBIES
24-10-2019, 06:16 AM
A young colleague who is a Hibs fan and close with a number of young players at ER was told by them that he bullied a number of players, verbally and physically. Kamberi was the one to stand up to him. Take that and all his off field behaviour - spouting off about the club lacking ambition, slating players, not turning up for press conferences and antics on the pitch side, right thing to get rid of him. Apart from second half of first season in SPL when he had the golden midfield, the football was hard on the eye. Clearly at the end of his tenure the players were not playing for him. They like many of us had had enough.

This is the good old days where work place bullying was fine and you just have to ''grow a set''. Our forward thinking mentally of actually treating people like human beings is why we haven't produced any good young players. Cleaning boots and being bullied us the main reason guys like Maradona, Pele and Beckenbauer made it.

green day
24-10-2019, 07:08 AM
Cleaning boots and being bullied us the main reason guys like Maradona, Pele and Beckenbauer made it.

They also had a wee bit of ability

WhileTheChief..
24-10-2019, 07:56 AM

Lennon physically bullied Hibs players?? Really? You sure about that? As in like actually assaulted them?

I'm calling complete BS on that one. It would have been all over the papers and everyone would have heard about it, not just one of your young colleagues!!

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2019, 08:07 AM
Lennon physically bullied Hibs players?? Really? You sure about that? As in like actually assaulted them?

I'm calling complete BS on that one. It would have been all over the papers and everyone would have heard about it, not just one of your young colleagues!!

:agree: Me too.

Paisley Hibby
24-10-2019, 08:16 AM

I must admit, those claims didn't seem unlikely to me at all. I can easily imagine him in their faces jabbing and shoving them (as per that famous spat with McCoist). If he did then that would be unacceptable in any other workplace and should be in football too. But I know as much about what really happened as most other folk on here IE almost nothing.

WhileTheChief..
24-10-2019, 08:29 AM
I must admit, those claims didn't seem unlikely to me at all. I can easily imagine him in their faces jabbing and shoving them (as per that famous spat with McCoist). If he did then that would be unacceptable in any other workplace and should be in football too. But I know as much about what really happened as most other folk on here IE almost nothing.

And somehow the goldfish bowl of Scottish football missed it?

Presumably this was in front of other players, all young laddies, and every one of them kept their mouth shut apart from the one lad that has a colleague on here??!!!!

C'mon, everyone would have heard about it ffs

This is literally the first time it's ever been mentioned, by anyone, anywhere. Some could argue that it's ridiculous to start these kind of rumours.

Paisley Hibby
24-10-2019, 08:37 AM

Presumably this was in front of other players, all young laddies, and every one of them kept their mouth shut apart from the one lad that has a colleague on here??!!!!

This is literally the first time it's ever been mentioned, by anyone, anywhere. Some could argue that it's ridiculous to start these kind of rumours.

It's not my rumour mate. We're just disagreeing on whether it's at all likely to be true. You think it's BS, I think it's plausible. We've both given our reasons. But neither of us know what really happened.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-10-2019, 11:42 AM
This is the good old days where work place bullying was fine and you just have to ''grow a set''. Our forward thinking mentally of actually treating people like human beings is why we haven't produced any good young players. Cleaning boots and being bullied us the main reason guys like Maradona, Pele and Beckenbauer made it.

:faf:

silverhibee
24-10-2019, 01:42 PM

How I would see it as well, I wouldn't say Lennon is a bully but he is a in your face guy screaming and shouting at you and pushing for a reaction and if he gets it he will gladly have a scrap with you, these things do happen in football, I remember him as a player assault McGeady during a game, he was screaming at Aiden in his face and and Aiden pushed him away and Lennon through a punch at him and the 2 started scrapping as the game was still going on, Lennon had another go at him at HT as well as they went to the dressing room.

I have listened to enough podcasts where players talk about Lennon and his bad side you don't want to get on, he wants his players to give everything for him, if they aren't he will let them know on the pitch in the dressing room or at training, that's his style, he is not one for putting a arm round a player if they have been Tom kite, they will get both barrels, work hard and play well and he will praise you to bits.

tamig
24-10-2019, 07:46 PM

Lennon’s time was up. His heart hadn’t really been in it once he’d blown our chance of finishing second by changing the lineup at Tynecastle. As someone else mentioned, the disappearing act from press duties and his crazy team selections towards the end of his tenure were all clear pointers that it was time to go.

WhileTheChief..
24-10-2019, 08:03 PM
^^ I’m not going to argue with any of what you said but it’s a bit of leap going from that to Lennon physically assaulted the younger players.

That’s the bit I’m taking issue with cause you can guarantee it never happened.

Ozyhibby
25-10-2019, 05:41 AM
In the 5 seasons she has been here, we have only performed well in the league in two of them. Club is drifting just now. Totally directionless.
She achieved some good things but probably time to move on.