PDA

View Full Version : Happy 6-2 day

22-10-2019, 06:35 AM
Nineteen years ago - wow! Wee Latapy unplayable that night, hatrick for Mixu and John O'Neill superb. Enjoy .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFDeEKemCrM

FilipinoHibs
22-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Nineteen years ago - wow! Wee Latapy unplayable that night, hatrick for Mixu and John O'Neill superb. Enjoy .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFDeEKemCrM

Andrews like a second Latapy that night when he came on us sub.

HibbyAndy
22-10-2019, 11:20 AM
It should have been 10 !

Wembley67
22-10-2019, 11:35 AM
Without doubt my favourite Hibs team!

Even the so called lesser players in that squad would walk into our team with ease now :agree:

Mixu Paatelainen
John O'Neil
Russell Latapy
Nick Colgan
Stuart Lovell
Ulrik Laursen
Gary Smith
David Zitelli
Paul Fenwick
Franck Sauzee
Matthias Jack
Subs
Dirk Lehmann
Mike Franks
Lyndon Andrews
Ian Murray
Scott Bannerman

Joe6-2
23-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Can’t believe its that long ago!!!

California-Hibs
24-10-2019, 01:59 AM
We absolutely destroyed them that night, the real time it could literally have been 10. Latapy, Sauzee, Mixu, Zitelli etc they couldn't get near us. Decided to let them score the games first and last goal but crammed in SIX inbetween it!
Cheer up Jim Jeffries!

HoboHarry
24-10-2019, 03:10 AM
We absolutely destroyed them that night, the real time it could literally have been 10. Latapy, Sauzee, Mixu, Zitelli etc they couldn't get near us. Decided to let them score the games first and last goal but crammed in SIX inbetween it!
Cheer up Jim Jeffries!
Still have a man crush on David Zitelli to this day. Oh to see the likes of him again in a Hibs shirt......

Frankhfc
24-10-2019, 08:36 AM
Without doubt my favourite Hibs team!

Even the so called lesser players in that squad would walk into our team with ease now :agree:

Mixu Paatelainen
John O'Neil
Russell Latapy
Nick Colgan
Stuart Lovell
Ulrik Laursen
Gary Smith
David Zitelli
Paul Fenwick
Franck Sauzee
Matthias Jack
Subs
Dirk Lehmann
Mike Franks
Lyndon Andrews
Ian Murray
Scott Bannerman

Class throughout. Had all of footballs good attributes of skill, work ethic, strength, unity and desire. That really was a terrific side which in other periods in time might well have sustained a serious league winning challenge.

They were lucky it was only six.

FilipinoHibs
24-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Still have a man crush on David Zitelli to this day. Oh to see the likes of him again in a Hibs shirt......

Think you ate in luck as rumoured to be bisexual.

The 90+2
24-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Think you ate in luck as rumoured to be bisexual.

I’m sure Zitelli is married, was in Ted Bracks book about Sauxee both came to Scotland with their wives. I read it about ten years ahi though so I could be mistaken.

FilipinoHibs
24-10-2019, 10:33 AM
I’m sure Zitelli is married, was in Ted Bracks book about Sauxee both came to Scotland with their wives. I read it about ten years ahi though so I could be mistaken.

You can be married and bisexual. I have a Rangers bear friend who is. Saw DZ with a male friend in a nightclub in George Street once. They looked more than friends but I could be mistaken.

The 90+2
24-10-2019, 10:38 AM
You can be married and bisexual. I have a Rangers bear friend who is. Saw DZ with a male friend in a nightclub in George Street once. They looked more than friends but I could be mistaken.

Fair enough. I was talking more about the “in luck” :greengrin

CloudSquall
24-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Zitelli's bicycle kick Vs Dundee and his screamer Vs AEK are among my favourite Hibs goals.

Deansy
24-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Any Hibee whose birthday is on October 22nd couldn't have had a better present than that game ......... oh, wait a minute - THAT'S ME !!. What a 40th birthday-party that was !

Diclonius
24-10-2019, 01:16 PM
I wish I was conscious of Hibs/football at the time this game happened. At it happens I've never witnessed a derby win by more than two goals. :boo hoo:

SingaporeHibs
24-10-2019, 05:00 PM
What a game that was!!!! Made my way home and entered the house shouting to the mrs, “get yourself ready, we’re going out”. Was a Sunday night from memory. Ended up doing a bit of a pub crawl bumping into like minded mates along the way, ending up in the 3 sisters. Was one of those unplanned best nights out of all time.
Remember calling the boss half way through the night asking for a last minute holiday booking for the next day, I didn’t hide why I wanted it. He was a good guy and just said to have a great night and that’s exactly what we had.