PDA

View Full Version : Patrice Evra

Hibbyradge
21-10-2019, 10:28 PM
He was the guest on Monday Night Football tonight and his knowledge of football, his thoughts about racism and his general demeanor were very impressive.

It was interesting to hear about the regime at Juventus. Players are controlled 24/7 by the club, training is much more intense and frequent than in the UK, and players get 1 day off a MONTH!

I doubt you'll ever find a thread like the one we've got discussing Doidge drinking or not, on any Juventus fans' sites.

Evra is doing his coaching badges. Just saying.

1875Sean
21-10-2019, 10:49 PM
His quote saying Arsenal are babies was class! Good guest

FilipinoHibs
22-10-2019, 01:39 AM
He was the guest on Monday Night Football tonight and his knowledge of football, his thoughts about racism and his general demeanor were very impressive.

It was interesting to hear about the regime at Juventus. Players are controlled 24/7 by the club, training is much more intense and frequent than in the UK, and players get 1 day off a MONTH!

I doubt you'll ever find a thread like the one we've got discussing Doidge drinking or not, on any Juventus fans' sites.

Evra is doing his coaching badges. Just saying.

Continental players are not allowed to drink during the season but obviously some do. Ronaldo (BR), Roberto Carlos and Ronaldinho are examples.

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 05:14 AM
Continental players are not allowed to drink during the season but obviously some do. Ronaldo (BR), Roberto Carlos and Ronaldinho are examples.

2 of them were absolutely knackered by 30

tamig
22-10-2019, 07:08 AM
He came across as a very charismatic guy. The kind of guy who’d entertain you all night with stories from his career.

hfc rd
22-10-2019, 07:19 AM
Agree with the OP, he really came across well and was very interesting to listen to.

His comments about Arsenal were class particularly what he said to RVP when he first came to Utd 😁 Love wee Paddy Evra, terrific wee fullback in his day.

IWasThere2016
22-10-2019, 08:03 AM
He was good value last night .. entertaining on twitter also

WeeRussell
22-10-2019, 08:07 AM

Absolutely knackered but still starring and banging in goals for Milan/Madrid and the Brazilian national team.

I suppose it helps they are two of the best players ever to kick a ball mind!

FilipinoHibs
22-10-2019, 09:06 AM
Absolutely knackered but still starring and banging in goals for Milan/Madrid and the Brazilian national team.

Yes maybe Ronaldo and Ronaldinho can get away with it with their ability which was developed with hours if street football and fusbal. By Dog if I catch him putting wine in his basket well...

jacomo
22-10-2019, 09:28 AM

And all three are Brazilians. Too fond of the barbecue culture.

Iggy Pope
22-10-2019, 03:20 PM
Agree with the OP, he really came across well and was very interesting to listen to.

His comments about Arsenal were class particularly what he said to RVP when he first came to Utd 😁 Love wee Paddy Evra, terrific wee fullback in his day.

Which he was once never called.
He has as many allegations of homophobia coming his way as he has racism going the other way.
Failed to deal with Suarez when basically he cried just like one of those babies he seems to love talking about.
Disruptive in the French camp along with all those other big men including that big baby Anelka whilst having their revolt in 2010.
I think Man U got rid as he was basically, ****. He was **** at West Ham too.
I’ve always found him to be a bit of a creep.

WeeRussell
22-10-2019, 04:11 PM
Which he was once never called.
He has as many allegations of homophobia coming his way as he has racism going the other way.
Failed to deal with Suarez when basically he cried just like one of those babies he seems to love talking about.
Disruptive in the French camp along with all those other big men including that big baby Anelka whilst having their revolt in 2010.
I think Man U got rid as he was basically, ****. He was **** at West Ham too.
I’ve always found him to be a bit of a creep.

I like Suarez and think he’s a fantastic footballer. But Evra was quite right to call him out over that incident - it was very poor from Suarez (and Liverpool for the way they went on afterwards)

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 04:19 PM

Banging in goals and starring? Ronaldinho scored 1 goal for Milan after his 30th birthday. Ronaldo got 4 for Real, 9 for Milan after turning 30. Pretty poor. Both were absolutely knackered at the top level by 30.

WeeRussell
22-10-2019, 05:15 PM
Banging in goals and starring? Ronaldinho scored 1 goal for Milan after his 30th birthday. Ronaldo got 4 for Real, 9 for Milan after turning 30. Pretty poor. Both were absolutely knackered at the top level by 30.

Fair enough - wasn’t aware of those stats.

I’d still take them both in their current shape at Hibs mind ;)

Winston Ingram
22-10-2019, 06:47 PM

To be fair it was injuries that knackered Ronaldo.

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 06:55 PM
To be fair it was injuries that knackered Ronaldo.

Yeah, that is true. Could he have taken better care of himself to potentially prevent those injuries, though? The famous 1998 world cup final thing was before his bad injuries.

FilipinoHibs
22-10-2019, 11:40 PM
I like Suarez and think he’s a fantastic footballer. But Evra was quite right to call him out over that incident - it was very poor from Suarez (and Liverpool for the way they went on afterwards)

Evra correct to call him out. The abuse went on for several minutes. He was called black ******* and ****** repeatedly. This was confirmed by analysing video footage. Latin countries which don't have a multicultural mix have a racist significant minority. Spain, Italy and Uruguay are examples. Portugal and Brasil which have significant African and indigenous populations with widespread inter-racial marriages don't.

Future17
23-10-2019, 05:23 AM

I'm not a fan of Evra and agree with some of what you've said, but I don't really understand your criticism here; surely players should be calling out racism when it happens?

ChrissyG1875
23-10-2019, 05:45 AM
The kind of guy that kicks a fan in the head. Evra's a prick

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pagan Hibernia
23-10-2019, 09:15 AM

A prick who should not have been racially abused by Luis Suarez.

Hibbyradge
23-10-2019, 09:24 AM

Him and Cantona.

Eyrie
23-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Him and Cantona.

And Cantona's kick was in response to racist abuse.

It was safer for Evra not to do that though, or Suarez would have chewed his leg off.

Iggy Pope
23-10-2019, 08:24 PM
I'm not a fan of Evra and agree with some of what you've said, but I don't really understand your criticism here; surely players should be calling out racism when it happens?

If he had called it out like maybe some of the ‘babies’ he refers to I’d have given him more respect. Snivelling about not shaking hands? ‘Babies’ like Viera, Wright and Campbell would have dealt with a ****bag like Saurez differently I think.
He’s the Twitter party clown of the moment and latest in a list of Sky judgement errors . In my opinion, natch.

Iggy Pope
23-10-2019, 08:28 PM

He called him out pretty insipidly . In fact it worked in Saurez’ favour. Liverpool. Jeez, they handled it well right enough. That dullard Carragher only apologising as Evra is now his running mate in the Sky cash cow. Mind you, at least I can understand what Evra is on about when he opens his gob.

Iggy Pope
23-10-2019, 08:31 PM
Evra correct to call him out. The abuse went on for several minutes. He was called black ******* and ****** repeatedly. This was confirmed by analysing video footage. Latin countries which don't have a multicultural mix have a racist significant minority. Spain, Italy and Uruguay are examples. Portugal and Brasil which have significant African and indigenous populations with widespread inter-racial marriages don't.

How exactly was it that he ‘called him out’ after this barrage of several minutes? Do you remember? Did he run to the ref?

heretoday
23-10-2019, 08:33 PM

I think he just took "Let's kick out racism" a bit too literally!

hibsbollah
23-10-2019, 08:40 PM
I think he just took "Let's kick out racism" a bit too literally!

Evra attacked a Marseille fan because the fan was part of a group shouting at Evra for being lazy, and he was a big baby and couldn't take it. There was no suggestion of racism, he was just crap for OM and unpopular with the fans.

ChrissyG1875
23-10-2019, 11:11 PM
Evra attacked a Marseille fan because the fan was part of a group shouting at Evra for being lazy, and he was a big baby and couldn't take it. There was no suggestion of racism, he was just crap for OM and unpopular with the fans.

Aye, more interested in making daft wee videos than playing football. Thought it was a good signing at the time but I couldn't have been more wrong.

SChibs
24-10-2019, 07:54 AM
Aye, more interested in making daft wee videos than playing football. Thought it was a good signing at the time but I couldn't have been more wrong.

You make it sound like he misses training to make videos. Is he not entitled to do what he likes with his free time?