PDA

View Full Version : (Record)Paul Heckingbottom issues Hibs striker Florian Kamberi a lower league warning

BegbieHSC
21-10-2019, 10:20 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/paul-heckingbottom-issues-hibs-striker-20667576

I give up. Honestly. Hecky out!

we are hibs
21-10-2019, 10:25 PM
The headline doesnt match the article. He says strikers who dont complain about being left out will find themselves at lower league teams playing every week. Not that kamberi would end up there if he keeps moaning.

Diclonius
21-10-2019, 10:27 PM
DR has completely twisted his words. He's saying if Kamberi DIDN'T have the attitude he has now he'd be playing in the lower leagues.

I'm not a fan of the manager but that is atrocious from the DR.

BegbieHSC
21-10-2019, 10:28 PM
Aye, fair enough. I only grabbed the headline quote, and didn’t read the thing properly.

Still want Hecky out though :p

Squirrel 1875
21-10-2019, 10:35 PM
Dreadful from Heckingbottom. How dare he further isolate one of our most talented players. Incredible. It appears he has taken a shine to the Neil Lennon book of management and started bullying the players who are openly criticizing his rubbish management.

Hibbyradge
21-10-2019, 10:44 PM
Dreadful from Heckingbottom. How dare he further isolate one of our most talented players. Incredible. It appears he has taken a shine to the Neil Lennon book of management and started bullying the players who are openly criticizing his rubbish management.

He didn't.

Shrekko
21-10-2019, 10:47 PM

What a load of absolute garbage.

Kamberi has criticised nobody in any case.

hibsbollah
21-10-2019, 10:50 PM
Unbelievable word twisting. And plenty people clearly happy to grab the pitchfork before checking the facts.

jacomo
21-10-2019, 10:52 PM
DR has completely twisted his words. He's saying if Kamberi DIDN'T have the attitude he has now he'd be playing in the lower leagues.

I'm not a fan of the manager but that is atrocious from the DR.

Yep but the knives are out for PH because the journos don’t like him.

jacomo
21-10-2019, 10:53 PM

And you really need to read what PH said before mouthing off!

Pete
21-10-2019, 10:55 PM
Unbelievable word twisting. And plenty people clearly happy to grab the pitchfork before checking the facts.

It's turning into a mad house.

hibsbollah
21-10-2019, 10:57 PM
It's turning into a mad house.

We're all Walking in a Post Truth Wonderland

CMurdoch
21-10-2019, 11:08 PM
Ah, another gullible poster struggles to read and comprehend what is actually said in a Daily Daftie puff piece

Captain Trips
21-10-2019, 11:14 PM
I have read it and to be honest when a manager can't get what he is doing right very well then I don't really care what he has to say about others even if positive as the guy hasn't a clue.

Frankhfc
21-10-2019, 11:55 PM
I have read it and to be honest when a manager can't get what he is doing right very well then I don't really care what he has to say about others even if positive as the guy hasn't a clue.

Having read your posts on Hecky I don't think it would matter what he says as it would get your back up.

We've played well recently without the rub of the green and I thought we lost out to a softish penalty against us and on another day Doidge's goal stands.

Let's get behind the team and manager for now and hope that the positivity results in fortune returning ever so slightly in our favour.

Deansy
22-10-2019, 12:34 AM
80% of the UK's print media is owned by the 1% - the only 'news' you're going to read in them is the 'news' as they want it to read !. The 'Daily Re'turd' is different, though - it was dis-honest, un-trustworthy, bent and despicable by choice looooong before it became part of that 80% - fair to say 'Its been bringing the Hun-news to you since 1690 !

Jones28
22-10-2019, 04:16 AM

It’s the modern way.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-10-2019, 04:38 AM
The headline doesnt match the article. He says strikers who dont complain about being left out will find themselves at lower league teams playing every week. Not that kamberi would end up there if he keeps moaning.

Bang on.

Allant1981
22-10-2019, 04:39 AM

Guess you didnt actually read it

Scouse Hibee
22-10-2019, 05:30 AM

Dreadful from you, how dare you comment without reading it.

JimBHibees
22-10-2019, 05:50 AM

Oh dear siding with the record over a Hibs manager irrespective of whether he should be sacked or not is poor. :rolleyes:

BegbieHSC
22-10-2019, 05:53 AM
Ah, another gullible poster struggles to read and comprehend what is actually said in a Daily Daftie puff piece

This said gullible poster has already acknowledged that he’s made a mistake several posts earlier.

flash
22-10-2019, 05:58 AM

This is either satire or a "delete your account" moment.

Speedway
22-10-2019, 06:31 AM
I can’t believe Heckingbottom thinks Kamberi is planning to bomb South Korea while planning trade sanctions on the coastal areas of his native Switzerland.

He’s the worst manager we’ve ever had.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-10-2019, 06:36 AM

Phenomenon all over the Tinternet...

Heckys Wheel
22-10-2019, 06:40 AM
Aye, fair enough. I only grabbed the headline quote, and didn’t read the thing properly.

😂😂😂 This sums this place up right now.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-10-2019, 06:43 AM

Phenomenon all over the Tinternet...

hibsbollah
22-10-2019, 07:02 AM
I can’t believe Heckingbottom thinks Kamberi is planning to bomb South Korea while planning trade sanctions on the coastal areas of his native Switzerland.

Don't forget the Merlot

:grr: I swear I'll do time.

Hibee Mac
22-10-2019, 07:04 AM
That's disgraceful 'journalism'

we are hibs
22-10-2019, 07:08 AM
I dont like the manager and want him gone before saturday (unlikely) or as soon as possible but will i **** be using a despicable, lying, ****bag rag of a paper like the daily record to have a go at him. They shouldnt be allowed at Easter Road.

One Day Soon
22-10-2019, 07:09 AM

:agree: The ****er doesn't even have the long range missiles he needs to reach South Korea let alone the clout in the European Council to mount effective sanctions. And everyone knows all Swiss coastal areas are guaranteed by Germany so does he really want Merkel on his tail when he can't even get into the starting eleven?

Heckingbottom should know this stuff, its just really basic managerial fare. Has he even done his badges FFS? I don't know why we aren't going after an Ian Murray or a Michael O'Neill right now, alright they're a bit wedded to a traditional 4-4-2 formation but both clearly have a good geopolitical grounding and in O'Neill's case I hear he's also got good contacts at NATO, the United Nations AND Queen of the South. No brainer.

Barman Stanton
22-10-2019, 07:09 AM
The Papers are properly sticking the boot into Hibs at the moment and unfortunately some Hibs fans are really taking the bait. Headline is way different from the actual story.

My_Wife_Camille
22-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Heckingbottom Out

hibsbollah
22-10-2019, 07:18 AM
Heckingbottom Out

#getheckxitdone

The_Horde
22-10-2019, 07:31 AM

Just about spat my salmon and cream cheese bagel over the passenger in front of me on the train.

What absolute tomfoolery. Shame on you.

Squirrel 1875
22-10-2019, 07:50 AM
I see the usual suspects who have taken a shine to mocking my every utterance are out in force. How do you know that Heckingbottom didn’t say it? Just because the journalist, who is a credit to the profession, hasn’t included the quote? Absurd. Heckingbottom’s record speaks for itself and his fury at Kamberi was clear for all to see when he humiliated the striker by bringing him on so late. What he never counted for was that he humiliated himself. Sad.

Scouse Hibee
22-10-2019, 08:08 AM
I see the usual suspects who have taken a shine to mocking my every utterance are out in force. How do you know that Heckingbottom didn’t say it? Just because the journalist, who is a credit to the profession, hasn’t included the quote? Absurd. Heckingbottom’s record speaks for itself and his fury at Kamberi was clear for all to see when he humiliated the striker by bringing him on so late. What he never counted for was that he humiliated himself. Sad.

You want to borrow my spade?

Squirrel 1875
22-10-2019, 08:27 AM
You want to borrow my spade?

And what would I need that for, sir? Perhaps you, and all the other who continually aim venomous posts in my direction, perhaps because you’re bitter that I was right about Heckingbottom when I first became a target for your abuse, should reflect on your posting habits. Do you know for certain that the Record has misquoted him? Do you think it is plausible that the Record would get it THAT wrong? I think not. You think otherwise.

Debate, it’s not for everyone...

flash
22-10-2019, 08:34 AM
And what would I need that for, sir? Perhaps you, and all the other who continually aim venomous posts in my direction, perhaps because you’re bitter that I was right about Heckingbottom when I first became a target for your abuse, should reflect on your posting habits. Do you know for certain that the Record has misquoted him? Do you think it is plausible that the Record would get it THAT wrong? I think not. You think otherwise.

You still haven't read the article.

Barman Stanton
22-10-2019, 08:39 AM

I think most agree that Heckingbottom should go. But if he said it then the quote would be in the story. Your agenda is blinding you here.

calumhibee1
22-10-2019, 08:40 AM

If you read the article then it will allay your concerns.

basehibby
22-10-2019, 08:44 AM

:hilarious You are what you eat Mr Squirrel :crazy:

Squirrel 1875
22-10-2019, 08:46 AM
I can assure you all I have read the article. Perhaps if you all read my posts you would see that this fact is crystal clear, given that I acknowledge the headline quote doesn’t feature in the article. This doesn’t mean it wasn’t said. Perhaps you should take your own advice and read before posting accusations.

ancient hibee
22-10-2019, 08:51 AM
I can assure you all I have read the article. Perhaps if you all read my posts you would see that this fact is crystal clear, given that I acknowledge the headline quote doesn’t feature in the article. This doesn’t mean it wasn’t said. Perhaps you should take your own advice and read before posting accusations.

Try reading it in the Evening News and you'll find exactly what he said.

oldbutdim
22-10-2019, 08:54 AM

I love this parody account.

Fair made me a laugh on a dreich morning.
:greengrin

danhibees1875
22-10-2019, 08:56 AM

So do you think that PH said what has been quoted - that players who don't have the drive Kamberi does will end up in the lower leagues - and also something not quoted - that Kamberi will end up in the lower leagues?

Sort of like a Schrödinger's Kamberi; he's both a lower league player and not a lower league player at the same time.

WhileTheChief..
22-10-2019, 08:58 AM
The whole squad could be playing lower league football soon enough if we don't change manager.

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 09:25 AM
He’s well equipped to know what makes a lower league footballer I suppose, he’s signed a team full of them.

Actions speak louder than words, bringing Kamberi on with a minute left showed his feelings towards the player and trying to win a football match. Ironically enough Flo’ nearly got him out of the ***** when he came on for four mins.

Scouse Hibee
22-10-2019, 09:26 AM

I don’t recall continuously aiming posts at you? However what I will say that if you post something on here that doesn’t really collaborate with the article you are quoting then rather than continue to ramble you should just admit your mistake. I have posted many wrongs things on here and once I have realised I have simply held my hands up. I certainly don’t have an agenda against you.

BegbieHSC
22-10-2019, 09:28 AM
The whole squad could be playing lower league football soon enough if we don't change manager.

Ha! Depressingly good point.

One Day Soon
22-10-2019, 09:36 AM

I don't think you're doing yourself any favours with this line - I'm not someone who has previously attacked you and I was also a pretty early sceptic on PH.

Brightside
22-10-2019, 09:45 AM
People who comment based on headlines are the same people that shout Get Brexit Done whilst having no idea what the deal actually is!!

InchHibby
22-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Yes, the DR twisted the facts, that’s why I don’t buy this rag of a paper.
But, it’s obvious and clear to everyone that Hecky is going to stick with Doidge over Kamberi, even knowing as we all do, the guy can’t hack it at this level or in Scottish Football. How many chances and excuses do you get, the guys missed sitter after sitter and still he plays him. He brought Kamberi on for the final three minutes against Hamilton and in that space of time had two shots on target, one which needed a good save to keep out. Hecky just won’t admit that he’s bought a dud, in this league anyway and Kamberi is paying the price. If he continues to go down this route it ain’t going to end well, the only way it should end is for the Board to bite the bullet and get rid of Heckingbottom. I can assure you that this alone would give the players a massive boost and not if but when Hecky goes, take the majority of his signings with him.

J-C
22-10-2019, 09:58 AM
I read the article and Heckingbottom is saying if Kamberi quits he'll be lower league but he likes the fact that Flo is angry and want to fight for his place. If course he's angry when Doidge is getting picked ahead of him.

Brightside
22-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Half this board were slagging Kamberi 5 games ago. 😂

H18S NX
22-10-2019, 10:27 AM
The squrrel has admitted he never fully read the article,let it be,jeez.

Squirrel 1875
22-10-2019, 10:28 AM
The squrrel has admitted he never fully read the article,let it be,jeez.

I did read the article. I said this numerous times.

Squirrel 1875
22-10-2019, 10:29 AM
People who comment based on headlines are the same people that shout Get Brexit Done whilst having no idea what the deal actually is!!

Bringing politics into this is rather low. I read the article. I stand by my interpretation of it as a threat to Kamberi that if he were to leave he would have to go play at a lower standard to guarantee game time.

eastcoasthibby
22-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Yeh the journalism is crap ...but it has to be said that Heckingbottom through his **** after match summaries, poor team selections and game tactics, lack of results, poor performances from his signings and team has left himself wide open to be criticised by the media, who are jumping on the bandwagon that most fans are on ...Hecky's team are massively underperforming, whether it's players he has brought aren't good enough, aren't managed and coached well, whatever he has created the situation he is in ...and now questions being asked about his man management !! It's his own making if team was sitting ok in the league and putting in decent performances non of this would be out there ....

Allant1981
22-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Yeh the journalism is crap ...but it has to be said that Heckingbottom through his **** after match summaries, poor team selections and game tactics, lack of results, poor performances from his signings and team has left himself wide open to be criticised by the media, who are jumping on the bandwagon that most fans are on ...Hecky's team are massively underperforming, whether it's players he has brought aren't good enough, aren't managed and coached well, whatever he has created the situation he is in ...and now questions being asked about his man management !! It's his own making if team was sitting ok in the league and putting in decent performances non of this would be out there ....

What has all that got to do with this particular article?

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 11:35 AM
Heckingbottom Out
****ing finally, cya :faf: :aok:

judas
22-10-2019, 11:36 AM

Regarding your first acknowledgement above, I think it would be better if you reconsidered reading tabloid newspapers.

If you don’t fancy that, then perhaps you could actually read the article and apply some basic critical appraisal

Poor show from you. unquestioningly posting tat from tabloid erse roll.

Brightside
22-10-2019, 11:43 AM

Im assuming he has just chucked it as thats the least annoying thing hes said in months.

The_Horde
22-10-2019, 11:50 AM

What a sad life you must lead.

The_Horde
22-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Im assuming he has just chucked it as thats the least annoying thing hes said in months.

Pretty sure you've been warned before about taking threads off topic. Sure the admins will act soon..

Hibiza
22-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Kamberi is very highly overated. Would sell him first big offer.

Brightside
22-10-2019, 12:04 PM

I think Kamberi is just very inconsistent, and when he's not playing people remember the good games more.

worcesterhibby
22-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Yes, the DR twisted the facts, that’s why I don’t buy this rag of a paper.
But, it’s obvious and clear to everyone that Hecky is going to stick with Doidge over Kamberi, even knowing as we all do, the guy can’t hack it at this level or in Scottish Football. How many chances and excuses do you get, the guys missed sitter after sitter and still he plays him.

Sam Cosgrove scored 1 goal in his first 18 league starts for Aberdeen. Aberdeen fans were calling him a useless Huddy. Looks like they are benefiting from sticking with him now.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Sam Cosgrove scored 1 goal in his first 18 league starts for Aberdeen. Aberdeen fans were calling him a useless Huddy. Looks like they are benefiting from sticking with him now.

Doidge might come good... but not with hecky as manager

flash
22-10-2019, 12:13 PM
What a sad life you must lead.

You are getting confused. He was replying to your other username.

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 12:14 PM

Keith_M
22-10-2019, 12:16 PM

This is a Bible quote and, though I'm not religious, I still think it gives food for thought.

"He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him."

we are hibs
22-10-2019, 12:20 PM
thou shalt not buy bottles of wine in a hibs trackie after drawing 1-1 with Hamilton Academicals

FilipinoHibs
22-10-2019, 12:24 PM
Doidge might come good... but not with hecky as manager

Only in the fourth tier of English football

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Only in the fourth tier of English football

Not necessarily. We know Kamberi is a player and he’s not completely *****. I kind of hope Doidge would be similar if we play to his strengths (something his former manager has stated we don’t)

Keith_M
22-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Not necessarily. We know Kamberi is a player and he’s not completely *****. I kind of hope Doidge would be similar if we play to his strengths (something his former manager has stated we don’t)

How do you think we should set up the side for his strengths?

(not a dig, I honestly have no idea what setup or style is the best for Doidge)

Keith_M
22-10-2019, 12:34 PM
thou shalt not buy bottles of wine in a hibs trackie after drawing 1-1 with Hamilton Academicals

He who hingeth aboot, geteth hee-haw!

The_Horde
22-10-2019, 12:34 PM

And another who famously likes taking it off topic. Can the admins practice what they preach? I suspect not.

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 12:35 PM
How do you think we should set up the side for his strengths?

(not a dig, I honestly have no idea what setup or style is the best for Doidge)

He is meant to be more of a poacher playing off another front man. Similar to how Kamberi worked with McLaren I would hope?

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2019, 12:36 PM
And another who famously likes taking it off topic. Can the admins practice what they preach? I suspect not.

FFS nobody likes a grass.

Brightside
22-10-2019, 12:43 PM
He is meant to be more of a poacher playing off another front man. Similar to how Kamberi worked with McLaren I would hope?

Play kamberi high on the left. He comes into the game all the time and will provide support for Doidge. No brainer for me.

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Play kamberi high on the left. He comes into the game all the time and will provide support for Doidge. No brainer for me.

Yeah I would go with this too. It also stretches defences leaving space for a centre forward.

The_Horde
22-10-2019, 01:12 PM

Find that funny aye, Ruby?

J-C
22-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Yeah I would go with this too. It also stretches defences leaving space for a centre forward.

If he's playing 4-3-3 then Flo on the left, Doidge middle and Middleton/ Boyle when fit are the front 3, drop Vela and have Hallberg sitting with Mallan and Allan just in front.

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Find that funny aye, Ruby?

?

Brightside
22-10-2019, 01:23 PM
If he's playing 4-3-3 then Flo on the left, Doidge middle and Middleton/ Boyle when fit are the front 3, drop Vela and have Hallberg sitting with Mallan and Allan just in front.

Its easy eh.... loads of options for him if he sticks with 433.... We dont need Vela and Hallberg in the majority of games.

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 01:23 PM

Even if he wants to consist of Mallan on the right I would be quite content to have Hallberg sitting with Allan just in front, especially against teams coming up.

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 01:24 PM
Its easy eh.... loads of options for him if he sticks with 433.... We dont need Vela and Hallberg in the majority of games.

Keep Hallberg drop Horgan for Allan.

Deansy
22-10-2019, 01:27 PM
Half this board were slagging Kamberi 5 games ago. 😂

Ah - but that was before THAT Aberdeen game ! Kamberi wouldn't have missed those 3 'chances' (football-speak for sitters !)

J-C
22-10-2019, 01:32 PM

I'm just sick of his negative tactics, let's just play an attacking system and let the players Express themselves.

Speedway
22-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Won’t ANYONE think of the people of South Korea in all of this?

#Kambohateskorea

B.H.F.C
22-10-2019, 02:23 PM

We don’t need Vela in any game. He does nothing.

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 04:38 PM

How will we get a big offer if he is so overrated? Why would you even wait for a big offer if he is so overrated?

Hibbyradge
22-10-2019, 04:54 PM

He brought Kamberi on so he would get his appearance money.

Hibbyradge
22-10-2019, 04:56 PM
So do you think that PH said what has been quoted - that players who don't have the drive Kamberi does will end up in the lower leagues - and also something not quoted - that Kamberi will end up in the lower leagues?

Sort of like a Schrödinger's Kamberi; he's both a lower league player and not a lower league player at the same time.

Allant1981
22-10-2019, 05:01 PM
He brought Kamberi on so he would get his appearance money.

Thought he only done that with newell because he is his mate

Hibbyradge
22-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Thought he only done that with newell because he is his mate

Probably a contract requirement or that.

#Kambolovesthemoolah

CMurdoch
22-10-2019, 09:09 PM

It seemed such a no brainer to start playing that team against Hamilton.
But no, Mr Dumperheid thought we should keep playing Horgan.
Heckenbottom's thought process appears to be that of a very slow and stubborn obtuse child.

SaulGoodman
24-10-2019, 05:43 PM
https://imgur.com/download/dh5teTG

Someone’s not happy from the looks of things.

Vault Boy
24-10-2019, 06:23 PM
https://imgur.com/download/dh5teTG

Someone’s not happy from the looks of things.

Yep, don't think you can be accused of reading too much into it. That's as blunt as it gets!