PDA

View Full Version : Racism in Scottish Football

southsider
21-10-2019, 05:50 PM
On BBC radio Scotland. Mikey Strwart says that while there is a small problem with a few idiots we have a massive Sectarism problem with thousands belting out their ‘tunes’ in Stadiums week in week out. The 3 point plan should be brought in.

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 05:52 PM
On BBC radio Scotland. Mikey Strwart says that while there is a small problem with a few idiots we have a massive Sectarism problem with thousands belting out their ‘tunes’ in Stadiums week in week out. The 3 point plan should be brought in.

Sectarian is different to racism though?

southsider
21-10-2019, 05:55 PM

In my view it’s the same .Both equally abhorrent.

heretoday
21-10-2019, 05:56 PM
While I don't condone racism shouldn't players perhaps exercise a bit of common sense when celebrating?

Morelos was very provocative towards the Hearts fans after scoring his equaliser yesterday.

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 05:57 PM
In my view it’s the same .Both equally abhorrent.

It’s pretty similar, definitely but you can’t blame the radio presenters from separation to get to inside the isssue.

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2019, 06:09 PM
It’s Scotland that has the sectarian problem not just Scottish football.

southsider
21-10-2019, 06:15 PM

Agreed but it use football matches to vent their filth.

JimBHibees
21-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Reporting Scotland had Kenny Miller outside Ibrox saying that teams who are punished after racist incidents should be hammered. Oh the irony.

Beefster
21-10-2019, 06:36 PM
While I don't condone racism shouldn't players perhaps exercise a bit of common sense when celebrating?

Morelos was very provocative towards the Hearts fans after scoring his equaliser yesterday.

Morelos is doing us all a service by exposing the twats.

Or do you think that guys like Marvin Bartley shouldn't noise any supporters up either? Just in case they agitate the racists.

SlickShoes
21-10-2019, 06:42 PM

Whatever you think of his celebration, his skin colour is irrelevant to that so why should he suffer abuse based on the fact he is black?

Your opinion is archaic

Sylar
21-10-2019, 06:42 PM

It shouldn't matter if he mooned the ****s, he did nothing to deserve being racially abused. There is zero defense for those *******s. And I'd say the exact same thing had it been our fans doing that had he scored/celebrated in front of the FF.

TheGreenMan
21-10-2019, 08:13 PM

You're not for real?

Jesus Christ 😕

#2 Double Tap
21-10-2019, 08:19 PM
You're not for real?

Jesus Christ ��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOwem8hBX38

there is seriously something wrong with the whole world.

Frazerbob
21-10-2019, 08:29 PM

Totally agree with Mikey. It’s not so long ago Lennon was telling the press that anti catholic chanting was no different to other forms of racism. Last week he said he’d encourage his players to walk off the pitch if the Lazio fans are racist next week. What about their next visit to Ibrox? Will he encourage his players to walk off when they spout their usual songs towards him?
About time the clubs started to highlight the sectarian bollocks for what it is. I still can’t believe our club didn’t speak out after 40k Rangers fans sang their bile towards Stubbsy and Lennon on numerous occasions.

southsider
21-10-2019, 09:08 PM
The 3 point plan is
1 Ref stops game an announcement made to crowd
2 Ref stops game takes the players off, further announcements made then game restarted
3 Game abandoned

BILLYHIBS
21-10-2019, 09:16 PM
The 3 point plan is
1 Ref stops game an announcement made to crowd
2 Ref stops game takes the players off, further announcements made then game restarted
3 Game abandoned

Would be interested to see this in operation in any The Rangers matches versus HIBS home or away

Bring in UEFAs version of Strict Liabilty or the three point system and remove this scourge from our game

It is almost 2020 FFS!

It is always someone else and never them that start the sectarian stuff

FilipinoHibs
21-10-2019, 09:16 PM

Not just a few idiots unfortunately:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/education/edinburgh-children-give-shocking-accounts-racist-abuse-schools-amid-claims-teachers-just-dont-act-it-542224

Lago
21-10-2019, 09:32 PM

Your right & frankly I don't think it will ever change.

Frazerbob
21-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Your right & frankly I don't think it will ever change.

Agreed but it can be kept out of football grounds, if there’s a will.

Betty Boop
22-10-2019, 07:34 AM
Whatever you think of his celebration, his skin colour is irrelevant to that so why should he suffer abuse based on the fact he is black?

Your opinion is archaic

:agree:

Hibernia&Alba
22-10-2019, 07:44 AM

Your opinion is archaic

Absolutely. Morelos is a trumpet; I can't stand him, but racial abuse is not unacceptable under any circumstances. Huge progress has been made on this issue, but it still manifests at times.

Winston Ingram
22-10-2019, 08:58 AM

They're both forms of bigotry and i'd agree with Stewart that Sectarniansim is more prominent here.

Winston Ingram
22-10-2019, 08:59 AM

Eh?

BILLYHIBS
22-10-2019, 09:08 AM
I thought Neil Lennon summed it up when he said:

“ You call it sectarianism in Scotland I call it racism”

Anthony Soprano
22-10-2019, 09:11 AM
The SFA make too much money from sectarianism, hence why nothing has ever been done about it