PDA

View Full Version : 2 out of 3 ain't bad

KWJ
21-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Ross County (h)
Livingston (h)
Celtic (n)

He has to win 2 of them to make it deeper into Christmas. If we somehow make it to the final he'd get that I think but he needs to win at least 1 of the league games to be in charge for the semi.

RC could be toxic if we're not comfortably winning.

hibsbollah
21-10-2019, 04:18 PM
#getheckxitdone

Hibernia&Alba
21-10-2019, 04:21 PM
Given our precarious position, Ross County and Livi at home requires minimum four points. The cup game can take care of itself, we need points. This has to be crunch time for Hecky; two home games we should be winning.

CloudSquall
21-10-2019, 04:31 PM
If we don't take 6 points off of Ross Country and Livi at home and nothing is done then the game's a bogey.

In reality we'll scrape two draws from the clutches of victory, certain posters will rip the tap aff it at the thought of Doidge's workrate with f all end product, before we head to Hampden to be on the receiving end of a cricket score.

If anyone thinks differently they can send me a good portion of the Colombian finest they are sniffing.

calumhibee1
21-10-2019, 04:38 PM
If we don't take 6 points off of Ross Country and Livi at home and nothing is done then the game's a bogey.

In reality we'll scrape two draws from the clutches of victory, certain posters will rip the tap aff it at the thought of Doidge's workrate with f all end product, before we head to Hampden to be on the receiving end of a cricket score.

If anyone thinks differently they can send me a good portion of the Colombian finest they are sniffing.

The same cricket score we were going to be on the receiving end of at Rugby Park? Or is it the cricket score we were on the receiving end of when we last played Celtic? Neither of them? Must be the same cricket score we were going to be on the receiving end of at Pitto... oh wait..

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 04:44 PM
The same cricket score we were going to be on the receiving end of at Rugby Park? Or is it the cricket score we were on the receiving end of when we last played Celtic? Neither of them? Must be the same cricket score we were going to be on the receiving end of at Pitto... oh wait..

Did we win any of them? Just because we set boring bland and grind out a couple of draws doesn’t give major credit to anyone. Woohoo we didn’t get smashed at Killie again like we did in the first match or at Motherwell or Ibrox, let’s all be happy we are just a less bit ****?

calumhibee1
21-10-2019, 04:47 PM
Did we win any of them? Just because we set boring bland and grind out a couple of draws doesn’t give major credit to anyone. Woohoo we didn’t get smashed at Killie again like we did in the first match or at Motherwell or Ibrox, let’s all be happy we are just a less bit ****?

I never said anything about how we won any of them? Folk are predicting cricket scores every week. Then when we don't get pumped by a cricket score it's not good enough. If you predict enough games to end as cricket scores you'll get one right eventually.. maybe.

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 04:49 PM
I never said anything about how we won any of them? Folk are predicting cricket scores every week. Then when we don't get pumped by a cricket score it's not good enough. If you predict enough games to end as cricket scores you'll get one right eventually.. maybe.

And....if you predict a win one usually comes around once every ten games. We are sitting second bottom for a reason.

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2019, 04:50 PM
And....if you predict a win one usually comes around once every ten games. We are sitting second bottom for a reason.

:faf: . :top marks

Diclonius
21-10-2019, 04:53 PM
He shouldn't be here to contest them. Maximum points from the three games after Aberdeen should have been the only outcome that kept him in the job.

pacoluna
21-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Ross County (h)
Livingston (h)
Celtic (n)

He has to win 2 of them to make it deeper into Christmas. If we somehow make it to the final he'd get that I think but he needs to win at least 1 of the league games to be in charge for the semi.

RC could be toxic if we're not comfortably winning.

Wins the league Cup all is forgotten, regardless of our league position 😉

CloudSquall
21-10-2019, 05:01 PM

My mistake, I'll ask KP to get Leanne to check if the speakers are up to blasting out the Champions League theme tune in preparation for next year given how well the season is going so far.

Brooster
21-10-2019, 05:07 PM
I thought Hamilton were terrible on Saturday and we failed to beat them. Ross County and Livi will be tougher propositions. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we beat them both if we still have the same manager.

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Wins the league Cup all is forgotten, regardless of our league position 😉

Happened with stubbs!!!

supermcginn
21-10-2019, 05:11 PM
There's every chance ross county will end his joyless reign on Saturday.

Hibee Mac
21-10-2019, 05:13 PM
Happened with stubbs!!!

Get what you're trying to say but the animosity towards Heckingbottom is far worse than that aimed at Stubbs - despite a lot of us wanting him punted after the playoff loss.

You just don't come back from this, he's a dead man walking.

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 05:17 PM
Get what you're trying to say but the animosity towards Heckingbottom is far worse than that aimed at Stubbs - despite a lot of us wanting him punted after the playoff loss.

You just don't come back from this, he's a dead man walking.

Yip I know, it was partly said in jest to try lift the mood on this board.

Jumbo
Happened with stubbs!!!

Stubbs lost the League Cup 😈

H18S NX
....:top marks:aok:

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 05:18 PM

I meant the scottish, as I've said above it was said in jest

calumhibee1
21-10-2019, 05:18 PM

Thank god I’m not predicting wins every week then.. or weekly cricket scores.

Hibernia&Alba
21-10-2019, 05:19 PM

That was a terrible day. Massive opportunity thrown away.

Hibee Mac
21-10-2019, 05:20 PM
Yip I know, it was partly said in jest to try lift the mood on this board.

Ah, fair enough! We are definitely in an odd limbo period just now and you're right the mood on this board is taking a turn for the worse because of it!

BoomtownHibees
21-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Given our precarious position, Ross County and Livi at home requires minimum four points. The cup game can take care of itself, we need points. This has to be crunch time for Hecky; two home games we should be winning.

It requires 6 points, not 4. And I would still get rid of him

Baldy Foghorn
21-10-2019, 05:35 PM
6 points a must, the semi is a free hit at Celtc

calumhibee1
21-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Pretty much how I see it.

Beefster
21-10-2019, 06:31 PM
I've been hearing for weeks/months about how he needs to do this and that. He subsequently fails and the requirements are adjusted accordingly.

There's no chance of him turning it around long-term but the Board won't do anything about it until we're deep in the ****. We all suffer the consequences of it though.

B.H.F.C
21-10-2019, 06:41 PM
I've been hearing for weeks/months about how he needs to do this and that. He subsequently fails and the requirements are adjusted accordingly.

There's no chance of him turning it around long-term but the Board won't do anything about it until we're deep in the ****. We all suffer the consequences of it though.

Agree with this. I think there’s a fair chance we’ll pick up a win on Saturday. But it’s not going to change much in terms of the overall picture this season. He’s done and the majority of the support are done with him.

There’ll be a lot of empty seats on Saturday which will tell it’s own story. Not that the board will care, they have the money.

#2 Double Tap
21-10-2019, 07:19 PM
Agree with this. I think there’s a fair chance we’ll pick up a win on Saturday. But it’s not going to change much in terms of the overall picture this season. He’s done and the majority of the support are done with him.

There’ll be a lot of empty seats on Saturday which will tell it’s own story. Not that the board will care, they have the money.

The board are likely to only start caring when the fans anger is directed towards them instead of the manager. If the fans had been calling for dempsters head as long as and with the same ferocity as hecky's, he would be long gone already.

WeeRussell
23-10-2019, 12:27 PM

Personally think 4 points is the most we will get from the two league games. And it'll be a fairly comfortable defeat against the weegie ****.

The 90+2
23-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Personally think 4 points is the most we will get from the two league games. And it'll be a fairly comfortable defeat against the weegie ****.

Both games will be extremely difficult, in fact I would say the Hamilton match was the easiest and should have been used to build confidence.

Onceinawhile
23-10-2019, 01:33 PM

Ditto, with a proviso that even 6 points wouldn't be enough if we get hugely embarrassed.

basehibby
23-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Happened with stubbs!!!

Yer erse!

Stubbs was playing nice attractive football with goals and excitement aplenty. And NOT just against lower league opposition - he had us regularly beating SPL sides in the cups.

There is simply ZERO comparison to be made between Stubbs - one of the most successfull Hibs managers in my lifetime - and Heckingbottom. So give up on the idiot challenge.

Edit - just noticed the follow up posts saying you meant this in jest. Sick of revisionists trying to paint him as a failure at Hibs - ludicrous!

Allant1981
23-10-2019, 07:40 PM
Yer erse!

Stubbs was playing nice attractive football with goals and excitement aplenty. And NOT just against lower league opposition - he had us regularly beating SPL sides in the cups.

There is simply ZERO comparison to be made between Stubbs - one of the most successfull Hibs managers in my lifetime - and Heckingbottom. So give up on the idiot challenge.

Edit - just noticed the follow up posts saying you meant this in jest. Sick of revisionists trying to paint him as a failure at Hibs - ludicrous!

Yes it was meant as a joke, hence the exclamation marks at the end of it

Barman Stanton
24-10-2019, 12:15 PM
Trying hard to lift my pessimism, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us fail to win any of the 3 games. I think teams will look forward to playing Hibs at the moment. We are a soft touch, and the crowd will be on the players backs quickly at home. It really is shocking how far backwards we have went.

Since452
24-10-2019, 02:51 PM
I think we'll win the two home games. Celtic will raise their game for the semi I'd expect

lyonhibs
24-10-2019, 03:03 PM
6 points is an absolute must, I don't like making such definite statements but it really is. Then a decent, brave performance against Celtic where we have a go and take the game to them and I'll be content with that, even if we lose by 2 or 3.

Nicho87
24-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Only 2 wins in the league will buy him more time. He will get the semi regardless now I reckon. Knowing hibs he’ll still be here come February

calumhibee1
24-10-2019, 05:25 PM
6 points is an absolute must, I don't like making such definite statements but it really is. Then a decent, brave performance against Celtic where we have a go and take the game to them and I'll be content with that, even if we lose by 2 or 3.

:agree:

theonlywayisup
25-10-2019, 01:11 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth.

For crying out loud, surely he should have been sacked long before now. He's brought is so many players with a bad attitude; we're going nowhere fast.

What I struggle with is surely he should have our team fired up before we get onto the pitch, so we start games like a bat out of hell.

And what's the latest with Kamberi? I'm sure he's feeling as if he's all revved up with no place to go.

My worry when we get rid of Hecky is that it could be an out of the frying pan and into the fire situation.

Whilst I'm talking mince, don't you think Stevie Mallan is a deadringer for Love, Graham that is!

theonlywayisup
07-11-2019, 12:14 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth.

For crying out loud, surely he should have been sacked long before now. He's brought is so many players with a bad attitude; we're going nowhere fast.

What I struggle with is surely he should have our team fired up before we get onto the pitch, so we start games like a bat out of hell.

And what's the latest with Kamberi? I'm sure he's feeling as if he's all revved up with no place to go.

My worry when we get rid of Hecky is that it could be an out of the frying pan and into the fire situation.

Whilst I'm talking mince, don't you think Stevie Mallan is a deadringer for Love, Graham that is!

Well read 'em an weep, I don't think two draws was what the OP had in mind when he posted "2 out of 3 ain't bad".

It's certainly hasn't been paradise by the dashboard light with Hecky in charge.

But now he's gone. Hopefully, a new manager will identify central midfield as the position to reinforce - he'd be blind as a bat not to. We've a few lost boys and golden girls in there currently.

I still hold out for a manager that can come in and turn us around quickly. Maybe Stubbs can re-create the SC Winners mindset - heaven can wait if only he could win the cup again for us. If so, there would not be a dry eye in the house.

Whoever we get to become manager, I really hope our rock and roll dreams come true.

Confused, yes me too! You took the words right out of my mouth!

Keith_M
07-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Well read 'em an weep, I don't think two draws was what the OP had in mind when he posted "2 out of 3 ain't bad".

It's certainly hasn't been paradise by the dashboard light with Hecky in charge.

But now he's gone. Hopefully, a new manager will identify central midfield as the position to reinforce - he'd be blind as a bat not to. We've a few lost boys and golden girls in there currently.

I still hold out for a manager that can come in and turn us around quickly. Maybe Stubbs can re-create the SC Winners mindset - heaven can wait if only he could win the cup again for us. If so, there would not be a dry eye in the house.

Whoever we get to become manager, I really hope our rock and roll dreams come true.

Are you having an argument with yourself?

KWJ
07-11-2019, 01:40 PM

Great post :party::rockin: And aye, I thought he should've been punted before the Celtic game but 0 from 3 is brutal. There ain't not way I'm ever gonna love Hecky.

theonlywayisup
21-01-2022, 01:27 PM
Sad news that Meatloaf has died at the age of 74. Listened a lot to his albums when I was in my teens/twenties - you'll see from above that I was quite a fan. What an entertainer he was!

WeeRussell
21-01-2022, 02:35 PM
Sad news that Meatloaf has died at the age of 74. Listened a lot to his albums when I was in my teens/twenties - you'll see from above that I was quite a fan. What an entertainer he was!

I wondered why this thread had been resurrected... and even more why to mention Meat Loaf's passing. I get it now :greengrin

Some cracking songs by a big voice over the years.