Diclonius
21-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Maxwell

James Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Whittaker

Hallberg Vela

Allan/Mallan

Doidge Kamberi

I'm just going to keep repeating the same team (with TWO STRIKERS) until the manager either picks it or is sacked.

roo62
21-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Yeah agree with you going two up top. Think I would swap Vela for Murray.

danhibees1875
21-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Does anyone not want to try two up top at this point? Other than Heckingbottom.

J-C
21-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Rocky

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg

Mallan
Murray

Allan

Kamberi
Shaw

500miles
21-10-2019, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't be taking Mallan out of that attacking mid role anyway. Been much better, looks like he's much more confident in what he's doing there.

Aldo
21-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Rocky

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg

Mallan
Murray

Allan

Kamberi
Shaw

There is no chance he will play 2 up top JC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Does anyone not want to try two up top at this point? Other than Heckingbottom.

Stock sale?

Edit:Stockdale.

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 05:42 PM
Maxwell
James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Murray
Allan
Hallberg
Middleton
Kamberi
Doidge

Brightside
21-10-2019, 05:44 PM
I wish he would go with a proper attacking 352. But he wont.

Rocky

Jackson Porto Hanlon

Murray Allan Hallberg Mallan Middleton

Kamberi Doidge.

Hallberg can drop into a back 4 when we have to defend.

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 05:48 PM
I wish he would go with a proper attacking 352. But he wont.

Rocky

Jackson Porto Hanlon

Murray Allan Hallberg Mallan Middleton

Kamberi Doidge.

Hallberg can drop into a back 4 when we have to defend.

Good call.

sauzee=legend
21-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Maxwell

James
Porteous
Jackson
Stevenson

Hallberg

Middleton
Mallan
Allan
Horgan

Flo

4141 formation.
When in possession turns into 4123 formation.

erin go bragh
21-10-2019, 06:37 PM
352 but he won’t .

Maxwell

Jackson Porteous Hanlon

James Newal

Mallan Allan Hallberg

Kamberi Doidge

Smartie
21-10-2019, 07:08 PM
I'm fed up doing this now.

It'll be one up front, 2 out of form wide players, an imbalanced midfield, we won't create enough chances, we won't take enough of the ones we make, we won't get control of midfield, we'll get punished by being sloppy at the back maybe only once over the entire game, all whilst being marginally the better team and convincing ourselves we're better than we are.

elevengoats
21-10-2019, 07:21 PM
When is Boyle back?

bigwheel
21-10-2019, 07:39 PM
When is Boyle back?

Would be surprised to see him back before 4-6 weeks minimum.....

Libby Hibby
21-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Time for a change.

Maxwell

Hanlon
Jackson
Porteous

James (up and down the right)
Vela (hold the central midfield)
Swede (hold the central midfield)
Stevenson (up and down the left)

Allan (go do your thing)

Doidge
Kamberi

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Time for a change.

Maxwell

Hanlon
Jackson
Porteous

Allan (go do your thing)

Doidge
Kamberi

He’s not dropping Mallan having scored a couple recently.

Libby Hibby
21-10-2019, 08:06 PM

I really don’t care what he does anymore but that would be my team for Saturday.

I actually believe Mallan is part of the problem not a solution.

B.H.F.C
21-10-2019, 08:09 PM
I really don’t care what he does anymore but that would be my team for Saturday.

I actually believe Mallan is part of the problem not a solution.

Not so long ago I’d have agreed but he’s been the only midfielder to do anything positive in the last few weeks.

J-C
21-10-2019, 08:34 PM
There is no chance he will play 2 up top JC!

I know but at the moment it's what I'd go for.

Aldo
21-10-2019, 08:36 PM
I know but at the moment it's what I'd go for.

Totally agree. We need to play 2 up top!

Libby Hibby
21-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Not so long ago I’d have agreed but he’s been the only midfielder to do anything positive in the last few weeks.

Has he not played something ridiculous like every minute this season?

If so, for me, that tells it’s own story regardless of his improvement in recent weeks.

B.H.F.C
21-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Has he not played something ridiculous like every minute this season?

If so, for me, that tells it’s own story regardless of his improvement in recent weeks.

I don’t think he’s been the problem in recent weeks though. On Saturday he was involved in most of the good things we did. There are a couple in midfield offering substantially less than him at the moment.

CloudSquall
21-10-2019, 09:16 PM
........... Marciano

....Jackson Porteous Hanlon

..James....Hallberg.....Newell

.............Allan............

.....Mallan Doidge Kamberi....

3-3-1-3, **** it, let's go mental..

FilipinoHibs
21-10-2019, 09:17 PM
Maxwell

Whittaker

Hallberg Vela

Allan/Mallan

Doidge Kamberi

I'm just going to keep repeating the same team (with TWO STRIKERS) until the manager either picks it or is sacked.

Eventually the latter will happen.

Jones28
21-10-2019, 09:28 PM
I’d keep Newall in the side, hopefully he’s found his feet. I’d like to see more of Middleton too, perhaps play him on the right and Newall on the left.

Kamberi and Doidge up front, please please please play two strikers.

Vela, out, keep going, out the door, there’s your car, that’s it, in you go aaaaaand that’s more like it.

Possibly a diamond, with Hallberg at the base, Allan at the tip. Mallans goal was a peach though and feel he’s played well the last few games. Scott Allan with Kamberi in front of him is a bit bad start though.

MacGruber
22-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Maxwell

Whittaker

Hallberg Vela

Allan/Mallan

Doidge Kamberi

Not a bad team though one of your picks has been told they are not in the plans and can leave in January. Agree with the need for the 2 strikers though 100%.

sauzeelegod
22-10-2019, 06:43 AM
Marciano

Jackson
Porto
Hanlon

James
Hallberg
Vela
Stevenson

Allan

Doidge
Kamberi

3-4-1-2

Jones28
22-10-2019, 06:54 AM
Not a bad team though one of your picks has been told they are not in the plans and can leave in January. Agree with the need for the 2 strikers though 100%.

??

JXM73
22-10-2019, 07:04 AM
Marciano

James Porteous Jackson Stevenson

Allen Halberg Mallan

Murray Doidge Kamberi

4-3-3 and ffs leave some one up front when defending corners etc.

SMAXXA
22-10-2019, 07:14 AM
I’d keep Newall in the side, hopefully he’s found his feet. I’d like to see more of Middleton too, perhaps play him on the right and Newall on the left.

Kamberi and Doidge up front, please please please play two strikers.

Vela, out, keep going, out the door, there’s your car, that’s it, in you go aaaaaand that’s more like it.

Possibly a diamond, with Hallberg at the base, Allan at the tip. Mallans goal was a peach though and feel he’s played well the last few games. Scott Allan with Kamberi in front of him is a bit bad start though.

I thought Newell had a good game Saturday defo done enough to stay in the side over others imo

MacGruber
22-10-2019, 07:21 AM
??

Without naming names, the obvious one though ironically arguably our best player this season when played and great back up.

jingler1954
22-10-2019, 07:24 AM
Good call.

This but tell Rocky not to blooter the ball up the park. Please please play out from the back. We have the ball KEEP IT.

yerauldda
22-10-2019, 07:40 AM
I can't believe that in 2019 people still think playing 2 strikers = more goals.
We don't have the strength in midfield or defence to drop a player out of either section.

Same team as last week for me but with Allan coming in for Vela and Middleton in for Horgan.

hibsbollah
22-10-2019, 07:44 AM
Would be surprised to see him back before 4-6 weeks minimum.....

His missus, who plays for Hibs Women said it would be by the end of the month, assuming she meant October that's pretty soon?

One Day Soon
22-10-2019, 07:48 AM
He may now be in the position of having shredded his relationship with Flo, possibly worse than Lennon managed. At least Lennon was playing Kamberi even if he was berating him for some performances. I'm not sure Heckingbottom can get Kamberi to play for him at this stage.

Brooster
22-10-2019, 08:50 AM
Based on last Saturday's performances I would keep Maxwell, Porteous, Mallan and Newell in the team. I would defo drop Stevenson, Vela and Horgan. James, Hanlon, Halberg and Doige are borderline. Allan, Murray, Kamberi and Naismith should all really come in.

Brightside
22-10-2019, 10:12 AM
His missus, who plays for Hibs Women said it would be by the end of the month, assuming she meant October that's pretty soon?

He will be back training end of month.

danhibees1875
22-10-2019, 12:00 PM
I can't believe that in 2019 people still think playing 2 strikers = more goals.
We don't have the strength in midfield or defence to drop a player out of either section.

Same time as last week for me but with Allan coming in for Vela and Middleton in for Horgan.

No one is claiming it's that simple though.

It's about having a partnership up there and a second striker to help retain possession from our long hoofs up the park.

CloudSquall
22-10-2019, 12:37 PM

Same time as last week for me but with Allan coming in for Vela and Middleton in for Horgan.

You honestly believe that Doidge up front by himself is the way forward?

Diclonius
22-10-2019, 12:59 PM

One stirker = 8 goals in 9 games.

If it was working, no one would complain. It isn't.

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 01:07 PM
This but tell Rocky not to blooter the ball up the park. Please please play out from the back. We have the ball KEEP IT.

👍

makaveli1875
22-10-2019, 01:39 PM
Maxwell

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Allan
Hallberg
Murray

Mallan

Kamberi
Shaw

RG04
22-10-2019, 10:09 PM
Marciano

James
Porto
Hanlon
Lewis

Swedish Guy
SM
Middleton
Shaw

Flo
Newell

Wee bit different....waiting to be shot to pieces!

Allant1981
23-10-2019, 06:35 AM
Marciano

James
Porto
Hanlon
Lewis

Swedish Guy
SM
Middleton
Shaw

Flo
Newell

Wee bit different....waiting to be shot to pieces!

Certainly glad you dont pick the team, that's horrendous!!

RG04
23-10-2019, 10:38 AM
Certainly glad you dont pick the team, that's horrendous!!
OK maybe....to much vino for a Tuesday...how about

Marciano

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Vela
Hallberg

Middleton
Allan
Shaw

Kamberi

yerauldda
23-10-2019, 10:43 AM
You honestly believe that Doidge up front by himself is the way forward?

We have created far more chances since we started playing Doidge up front in the last few games. Unfortunately we aren't taking enough of them.
I think the clamor should be around signing a better striker - not playing two misfiring strikers. One up front is the best system available to us with the players we have.

Franck Stanton
23-10-2019, 10:59 AM
,................Maxwell..............

James........Porto.......Hanlon........Stevenson

.................Halberg..............

........Mallan............Newall......

.................Allan...............

.........Doige..........Kamberi......

CMurdoch
23-10-2019, 11:19 AM
............... Maxwell

............Vela..Hallberg...

....Mallan....Allan....Newell

.........Doidge Kamberi........

Horgan and Stevenson removed from Saturday due to inability to cross the ball accurately.
James removed to accommodate Jackson in back 3. Jackson also threat at set pieces at the other end.
Allan in to make passes into the channels for strikers.
Kamberi in to provide another strike threat and to link with Doidge

Every player in that team with the exception of Maxwell, Vela, Hallberg & Newell is a goal threat of some kind

BlackSheep
23-10-2019, 11:35 AM
We have created far more chances since we started playing Doidge up front in the last few games. Unfortunately we aren't taking enough of them.
I think the clamor should be around signing a better striker - not playing two misfiring strikers. One up front is the best system available to us with the players we have.

You've just proved that with a second striker we would most likely score more in those 2 lines! We NEED a second striker to feed off Doidge's hold up play... when i say hold up play i mean everything he does, from dragging defenders away to create space, to holding up the ball for oncoming players and including his knock ons in the air (which go to no one cos there is no one up there with him).

One up front (regardless of whom it is) isn't working with the tactics we are employing this season, especially the 'so-called-high-press'... trying to press 4 defenders and goalie with 1 striker is insane! It just leads to a tired striker whose legs can barely carry him, let alone strike at goal.

Let's get serious here and forget what other teams are doing and just play basic football and a simple passing game. The ability to do this is well within the players we have.

BlackSheep
23-10-2019, 11:37 AM
............... Maxwell

Horgan and Stevenson removed from Saturday due to inability to cross the ball accurately.
James removed to accommodate Jackson in back 3. Jackson also threat at set pieces at the other end.

Every player in that team with the exception of Maxwell, Vela, Hallberg & Newell is a goal threat

This is a good lineup... though i can already hear complaints of narrow it looks, but i think both Mallan and Newell are reasonably good at wide play... not wingers in the slightest but wide play yes.

Billy Whizz
23-10-2019, 11:41 AM
I wonder which game before the semi, he’ll start Jackson
With Porteous suspended for it, he’ll need minutes, as he hasn’t played much lately

Wheat Hound
23-10-2019, 12:24 PM
I wonder which game before the semi, he’ll start Jackson
With Porteous suspended for it, he’ll need minutes, as he hasn’t played much lately

Jackson played quite well yesterday I thought, Billy, and also helped young Sadiki onto a decent game too.

MrRobot
23-10-2019, 01:27 PM
............... Maxwell

Every player in that team with the exception of Maxwell, Vela, Hallberg & Newell is a goal threat of some kind

I quite like the look of the team but id keep the full backs in and drop Vela.

Maxwell
Hallberg
Mallan Allan Newell
Kamberi Doidge

eastmainsmsh
23-10-2019, 01:40 PM
Hopefully The Heck goes with Flo and Doidge up front at least to see if they can play together as partnership might even get a win with some goals time to be positive

my left peg
23-10-2019, 01:44 PM

Same team as last week for me but with Allan coming in for Vela and Middleton in for Horgan.

In spring 2018 we had our most prolific team in a long time,playing two up front in a 352....we did however have our strongest midfield in years though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
23-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Marciano

James
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Mallan
Allan

Middleton
Kamberi
Murray

Billy Whizz
23-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Jackson played quite well yesterday I thought, Billy, and also helped young Sadiki onto a decent game too.

I’d agree with that. Got a wee injury in the 1st half, thought he was coming off

badabing67
23-10-2019, 02:45 PM
https://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/xquote_icon.png.pagespeed.ic.zL2eHrxtTV.webp Originally Posted by Libby Hibby https://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/xviewpost-right.png.pagespeed.ic.pNbtOjy3kK.webp (https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=5962114#post5962114)
Time for a change.

Maxwell

Hanlon
Jackson
Porteous

Allan (go do your thing)

Doidge
Kamberi

I would drop Doidge for Mallan. I think he couldn't be worse than Doidge and a better finisher

The 90+2
23-10-2019, 02:52 PM
https://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/xquote_icon.png.pagespeed.ic.zL2eHrxtTV.webp Originally Posted by Libby Hibby https://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/xviewpost-right.png.pagespeed.ic.pNbtOjy3kK.webp (https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=5962114#post5962114)
Time for a change.

Maxwell

Hanlon
Jackson
Porteous

Allan (go do your thing)

Doidge
Kamberi

I would drop Doidge for Mallan. I think he couldn't be worse than Doidge and a better finisher

Doidge needs a goal I think.

CMurdoch
23-10-2019, 03:28 PM
You've just proved that with a second striker we would most likely score more in those 2 lines! We NEED a second striker to feed off Doidge's hold up play... when i say hold up play i mean everything he does, from dragging defenders away to create space, to holding up the ball for oncoming players and including his knock ons in the air (which go to no one cos there is no one up there with him).

One up front (regardless of whom it is) isn't working with the tactics we are employing this season, especially the 'so-called-high-press'... trying to press 4 defenders and goalie with 1 striker is insane! It just leads to a tired striker whose legs can barely carry him, let alone strike at goal.

Let's get serious here and forget what other teams are doing and just play basic football and a simple passing game. The ability to do this is well within the players we have.

This is where I am at with Doidge.
He is suffering as Kamberi did previously because he is totally isolated.
Another player needs to be within 10 yards of the striker unless you have decided to play on the counter attack.
We are playing against the likes of Hamilton and Ross County not Manchester City. No need for timid tactics.
Give the strikers an opportunity to do their job.

J-C
23-10-2019, 03:32 PM
This is where I am at with Doidge.
He is suffering as Kamberi did previously because he is totally isolated.
Another player needs to be within 10 yards of the striker unless you have decided to play on the counter attack.
We are playing against the likes of Hamilton and Ross County not Manchester City. No need for timid tactics.
Give the strikers an opportunity to do their job.

Missed sitters and had Allan within 10 yards of him and didn't spot him for the pass. Just brutal

CMurdoch
23-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Missed sitters and had Allan within 10 yards of him and didn't spot him for the pass. Just brutal

Probably didn't expect anyone to be near him :wink:
Think he had lost his head by then but it was as horrendous as Horgans effort on Saturday.

Lewiehas2
23-10-2019, 04:14 PM
I quite like the look of the team but id keep the full backs in and drop Vela.

Maxwell
Hallberg
Mallan Allan Newell
Kamberi Doidge

Think that's the way forward, play Mallan and Newell more narrow. Similar to Stubbsy's formation which frustrated me at the time cause I like wingers, but we just don't seem to have them at the moment, at least on-form ones. Need to go back to 2 up front while keeping Scotty in the team.

number9dream
25-10-2019, 07:44 AM
Think that's the way forward, play Mallan and Newell more narrow. Similar to Stubbsy's formation which frustrated me at the time cause I like wingers, but we just don't seem to have them at the moment, at least on-form ones. Need to go back to 2 up front while keeping Scotty in the team.

Two strikers plus Allan & Mallan is tricky since it leaves us a bit light in central midfield but at home to RC & Livi we should be dominating the ball and playing on the front foot.
I would agree that our best XI excludes Horgan & Middleton, but the manager just keeps swapping them round hoping something will click.

500miles
25-10-2019, 08:55 AM
Given the way Mallan had played as the most advanced midfielder, I'm not sure Allan is the first name on the team sheet any more.

J-C
25-10-2019, 09:26 AM
I'd still go with the diamond, it suits us right now.

Maxwell/ Rocky

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg

Mallan
Vela

Allan

Doidge
Kamberi

coldingham hibs
25-10-2019, 09:28 AM
The thought of playing any of these teams suggested fills me with dread, we are just not very good and have very little quality. I don’t think there is a single player in our squad that I look forward to seeing play. Long gone are the days of McGinn or McGeouch,.

we are hibs
25-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Given the way Mallan had played as the most advanced midfielder, I'm not sure Allan is the first name on the team sheet any more.

Allan is a far superior player so should be ahead of Mallan every time.

B.H.F.C
25-10-2019, 11:29 AM
Allan is a far superior player so should be ahead of Mallan every time.

He needs to show it though. Been poor.

I’d play him like, but he needs to do a lot more.

we are hibs
25-10-2019, 11:31 AM
He needs to show it though. Been poor.

I’d play him like, but he needs to do a lot more.

He hasnt been at his best but even when he isnt at his best he can still pick out a pass that can win us a game. He just needs people infront of him to make a run and he will 9/10 times find them. He needs runners which we havent had. Hopefully boyle coming back improves that but i would say kamberi is more likely to read a pass than doidge

Smartie
25-10-2019, 09:08 PM
He hasnt been at his best but even when he isnt at his best he can still pick out a pass that can win us a game. He just needs people infront of him to make a run and he will 9/10 times find them. He needs runners which we havent had. Hopefully boyle coming back improves that but i would say kamberi is more likely to read a pass than doidge

Scott Allan needs 2 strikers in front of him.

We'd see more from Allan, Doidge and Kamberi if we played them together.

No space in the side for Mallan then though.

J-C
26-10-2019, 05:11 AM
Scott Allan needs 2 strikers in front of him.

We'd see more from Allan, Doidge and Kamberi if we played them together.

No space in the side for Mallan then though.

There is if you play a diamond.

B.H.F.C
26-10-2019, 07:14 AM
There is if you play a diamond.

At the moment I think that’s the really obvious thing to try given how little we get from our wide players.

Robbo6-2
26-10-2019, 07:26 AM
There is no way Hecky will play a diamond or a 352.

Hes only ever played 433 or 442 in his time here and wont change. Which imo is his worst trait. Play the best system that suits your players. Without doubt 3 5 2 is our best system. Our wingers are poor so they get dropped and it allows Kamberi and Diodge to play up top with Allan in behind. 3 centre halfs are decent, lewy and James comfortable in the wing back positions and Hallberg and Mallan in midfield. Thats a decent side and would get us in top 6.

MacGruber
26-10-2019, 08:21 AM
Maxwell

Porteous
Hanlon
Jackson

Murray
Allan
Halberg
James
Middleton

Kamberi
Doidge

ABZHFC
26-10-2019, 08:52 AM
Maxwell

James
Hanlon
Jackson
Stevenson

Hallberg

Mallan
Allan
Middleton

Kamberi
Doidge

MWHIBBIES
26-10-2019, 08:55 AM
I hope we go with 2 strikers just to show this place it solves nothing. Played 2 strikers vs St Johnstone at home, didn't work. All about execution.

we are hibs
26-10-2019, 09:00 AM
I hope we go with 2 strikers just to show this place it solves nothing. Played 2 strikers vs St Johnstone at home, didn't work. All about execution.

So youre saying you hope we play 2 upfront and it doesnt work just so you look good on the internet? Bit weird. Just because it didnt work once doesnt mean it should be discarded from history and never tried again.

hfc rd
26-10-2019, 09:01 AM

Playing 1 up front hasn’t exactly worked. Doidge seems to be the preferred striker for Heckingbotton but has proven that he can’t play that lone striker role. He needs a hand.

jacomo
26-10-2019, 09:05 AM

It is all about execution, you are right.

But two strikers isn’t wrong or outdated. It’s all about the personnel and how they are set up. I’m hardly the first person to observe that we don’t seem to be excelling with one up front.

ABZHFC
26-10-2019, 09:06 AM

I'm not saying it's a silver bullet, but we scored 2 that day, only time we have this season in the league. Likewise Morton at home, Doidge came on in extra time and both him and Kamberi scored

B.H.F.C
26-10-2019, 09:08 AM

Over the last few years, nearly all our successes have come playing two up top. Getting to cup finals. Winning cup finals. Qualifying for Europe.

Our wide players are passengers so we need to find another way to support the one up front and a second striker does that.

MWHIBBIES
26-10-2019, 09:58 AM
I'm not saying it's a silver bullet, but we scored 2 that day, only time we have this season in the league. Likewise Morton at home, Doidge came on in extra time and both him and Kamberi scoredWe scored 1 with 2 strikers on the pitch, Kamberi scored when Doidge was off I think.

So youre saying you hope we play 2 upfront and it doesnt work just so you look good on the internet? Bit weird. Just because it didnt work once doesnt mean it should be discarded from history and never tried again.

I didn't say that.

hfc rd
26-10-2019, 10:03 AM
I didn't say that.

“I hope we go with 2 strikers just to show this place it solves nothing”.

Smartie
26-10-2019, 10:06 AM

I thought we played well during the first half of that game and we went in in front.

Moving to one up front during the second half weakened us, we finished that game on the back foot and playing very badly, and we've played it ever since to little effect.

I agree with your point about the execution, but we don't have the players to execute one up front. I'm not convinced we have the players elsewhere in the team to allow us to play 2 up front but persisting with something that has clearly not been working isn't an option so it is at the stage where the change to 2 up front is a no-brainer.

Hibee87
26-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Playing 2 up top seems to be the simple solution, however you need to look at the rest of the team awell. What formation do we play? 4 4 2? Either straight or the diamond? Those 2 formations in sure we have tried and is when goals were leaking. We really need 2 battling ball winning CM's but also can turn into attacking nplayers with a straight 4. The diamond usually leaves us very narrow and teams get a lot of joy down the wings, we need every player on the same wave length, quick accurate passing and running playing that formation. Do we have the players for it? I'm not so sure.
That leaves the 3 5 2 which seems to be what's worked best in the past, but I don't even know if we have 3 fully fit CB's and who plaamys in the 3 midfield positions? Ultimately we would be dropping our wingers (some might say that's a positive haha).
All in all its frustrating to watch Doig win most of his Ariel battles or hold the ball high up the pitch with no support, I want him to have a partner. I just can't seem to see an alternative that wouldn't have it's problems also. Thank God I'm not a manager I suppose eh

PH91
26-10-2019, 10:15 AM

I agree but even at his best, because he often tries a difficult pass, he never finds them 9 times out of 10. He loses it more often than he doesnt.

Midfield diamond and 2 up top is how i would play today. Need someone picking up second balls around our box as by all accounts ross county will be very direct.

Heisenberg
26-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Maxwell

James
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Mallan
Allan

Kamberi
Doidge
Middleton

Tambo
26-10-2019, 10:49 AM
Half way up arthur seat, view of the stadium looks beautiful as always. Would like to see 2 up today.

Hibbyradge
26-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Half way up arthur seat, view of the stadium looks beautiful as always. Would like to see 2 up today.

:bitchy:

Ridiculous idea.

They're struggling enough to score with 11 men on the pitch. They'd have no chance if two of them were up Arthur's Seat.

Lago
26-10-2019, 12:27 PM
:bitchy:

Ridiculous idea.

They're struggling enough to score with 11 men on the pitch. They'd have no chance if two of them were up Arthur's Seat.
Brilliant

Scorrie
26-10-2019, 12:52 PM
Maxwell
Naismith
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Vela
Mallan
Newell
Hallberg
Allan
Kamberi

Speedway
26-10-2019, 12:54 PM
James and Horgan dropped.

Aldo
26-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Maxwell
Naismith
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Vela
Mallan
Newell
Hallberg
Allan
Kamberi

One up top again and at home. FFS.

Scorrie
Not convinced by that midfield at all. Still, hope I’m proved wrong...

Heisenberg
Doidge not even on the bench?

hibbydad
26-10-2019, 12:58 PM
One up front again absolutely ridiculous

Smartie
26-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Everything I hate in a Hibs team.

One up front, Mallan and Allan in midfield.

We might win, but if we don't...........

Liam89
26-10-2019, 01:01 PM
Not much pace to get in behind with that team is there.

Jones28
26-10-2019, 01:01 PM
1 player out of 5 as an out and out wide player while two sit on the bench?

James dropped?

I just don’t know what goes through his head.

Hibbyradge
26-10-2019, 01:02 PM

James dropped?

I must not take any risks.

I must try not to lose.

FilipinoHibs
26-10-2019, 01:03 PM
One up top again and at home. FFS.

At least not the Dog!

mcfly
26-10-2019, 01:03 PM
End of October and this guy still has no clue what his best team is.

Yet more changes, no consistency of selection.

1 up front. Wow how exciting

bigwheel
26-10-2019, 01:04 PM

James dropped?

James was one of our poorer performers last week..can’t really have any complaints.

Heisenberg
Going to be a lot of football played in front of them today. Nothing in behind at all.

staunchhibby
Another frustrating day by looks of it

Since452

Worked for Leicester last night

CLASS OF 72 -73
26-10-2019, 01:08 PM

James dropped?

His own self importance :cb

Aldo
26-10-2019, 01:12 PM
At least not the Dog!

Tbh I’d have had him in alongside Flo.

2 up top is worth a try.

Fed up with PH trying to make this formation work with the players we have. It doesnt and hasn’t worked.

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Hoping to finally see something from Vela and Newall.

At home against pretty crappy opposition so if they can’t do it today can they ever?

Jones28
26-10-2019, 01:21 PM
James was one of our poorer performers last week..can’t really have any complaints.

I didn’t think that was the consensus last week at all?

bigwheel
26-10-2019, 01:34 PM
I didn’t think that was the consensus last week at all?

Didn’t have a good game..there were others..but they don’t have as much direct competition....

Aim Here
26-10-2019, 01:35 PM
Hoping to finally see something from Vela and Newall.

At home against pretty crappy opposition so if they can’t do it today can they ever?

Maybe you weren't at Hamilton last Saturday, but Newell was more or less the best Hibs player on the pitch, so he has earned his spot today. Hopefully he can make it two good games in a row...

Aldo
26-10-2019, 01:35 PM
Worked for Leicester last night

It did but look at the players.

They play 4-1-4-1 which they have the quality and type of player to play.

Pace, power and quality. Everything we don’t have. One dimensional with everything being played in from of their defence.

Saint Hibee
26-10-2019, 01:36 PM
Is that Liam Fontaine in the orange bib?

Allant1981
26-10-2019, 01:38 PM

No it's not, hundreds of teams only play 1 up front now, not exactly something new

Aim Here
26-10-2019, 01:39 PM
Is that Liam Fontaine in the orange bib?

Fonts is listed in the RC first team, so probably.