PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone dared consider ...

MrSmith
21-10-2019, 09:10 AM
I am thinking more and more that we are relegation fodder. 2nd bottom looking down at the teams below fills me with fear in any play off situation.

Cannot see us moving much from our position, maybe drop to the bottom? And, in my view, Hibernian FC are in a crisis. We are absolutely and completely rubbish!

Marvellous
21-10-2019, 09:16 AM
If you believe that then you should bet on it, you will get good odds.

Jones28
21-10-2019, 09:17 AM
I said on here a few weeks ago that we are favourites for relegation. I don’t see much to change my opinion.

MrSmith
21-10-2019, 09:19 AM

I don't bet mate.

bingo70
21-10-2019, 09:21 AM
I am thinking more and more that we are relegation fodder. 2nd bottom looking down at the teams below fills me with fear in any play off situation.

Cannot see us moving much from our position, maybe drop to the bottom? And, in my view, Hibernian FC are in a crisis. We are absolutely and completely rubbish!

Absolutely.

Too much emphasis Is being put on whether we are better than the last Hibs team to get relegated, we’re not playing against them so it’s irrelevant if this side is better or worse than Butchers Hibs.

I think there’s comparables with the Dundee United side that went down a few years ago and if we get Heckingbottoms replacement wrong there is comparables with the Dundee side that got relegated last season.

We’re not keeping clean sheets or scoring many goals, that’s not a good combination.

Gmack7
21-10-2019, 09:28 AM

Anyone who's not considering it is deluded, including our current management and above

makaveli1875
21-10-2019, 09:33 AM
On current form absolutely . If St Johnstone manage to string a couple of wins together which they usually do were going end up rock bottom pretty soon .

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 09:37 AM

We are 2 wins away from being in the top half of the league are we not? I think the manager now has to go but dont think we will be anywhere near relegation at the end of the season

NthCarolinaHibs
21-10-2019, 09:43 AM
We are 2 wins away from being in the top half of the league are we not? I think the manager now has to go but dont think we will be anywhere near relegation at the end of the seasonI genuinely can't see where these 'two wins' are coming from,at the present rate..

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 09:45 AM
I genuinely can't see where these 'two wins' are coming from,at the present rate..

In all honesty after hamilton I cant either but if we get a new manager in we might get a bit of a boost

Green-Hibee-7
21-10-2019, 09:45 AM
I don’t think we will to be honest.

Looking at the 9 games we have played, only Rangers and Motherwell have given us a dull one. Every other game we have more than been in and I’ve not looked at any one else and thought they were much better than us.

Our issue is cutting edge. Playing 1 up top is fine if you have 2/3/4 players behind that are contributing goals. Sadly we aren’t getting that. We seem to have a manager that will not deviate from it and we are not really good enough to hold a 1 goal lead.

Sadly I think we will be left with the same sort of boring narrow defeats, wins or low scoring draws until he is out the door. I

At this point though I still think we will be fine. But that’s not really acceptable in terms of were we should be.

Alfred E Newman
21-10-2019, 09:59 AM
The OP obviously hasn't been following Hibs net.

we are hibs
21-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Its a possibility. And the fact its a possibility is a disgrace.

Its similar to when we went down. The same old "we will win next week relax" attitude. Doesnt work like that.

hibeejeebies
21-10-2019, 10:10 AM

It's October.

Onceinawhile
21-10-2019, 10:10 AM
It's a tough one, because I don't think we're a bad side and some of the more recent performances have been decent.

But, we aren't keeping clean sheets and other than St Johnstone, I don't think we've scored more than once in the league?

Not a great recipe for winning matches unfortunately.

Heisenberg
21-10-2019, 10:16 AM
It's October.

And we are second bottom with one win and a goal difference of -10. We are most definitely in the relegation mix.

MrSmith
21-10-2019, 10:17 AM
The OP obviously hasn't been following Hibs net.

I do but have been out for a few weeks.

https://www.hibs.net/image/webp;base64,UklGRhoBAABXRUJQVlA4TA0BAAAvEYACEI hkJEkqTbrb3M85/HOaTiIJEmR8phP/pk7I/A/MwratpE8/sQOxuHYyzaS7SYnCdscVVEgMbFCzBF5E2Bc75/35/6HxJA69psklhfDryN5JJf1JInh5XIzs9L iAShRqFMEEJsEAOEEGuNO9awuRp9n93VMnPvPUOcmLHjxIMf4s aHE6/BYSTZpnXuebbtbyP/8P79OeyJ6P8EENBmSzXSXC/SzPTbBQpOTpWv4DeaTLEg6AOwYNGIYhGvg2IRXa5YnHyKFYvfa BqHrWKk3BS7njVjxF5H6AMOB gb38hmQu7Y1Z85d/3yJbvIDloCvrfz8bAuyRHYp8t2un4I7wdwv4jI7QE8CQA= Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs https://www.hibs.net/image/webp;base64,UklGRkYAAABXRUJQVlA4TDkAAAAvC8ACEBcgEE jinnkggUASxP6EQwgEkij2Bxxi/gP FShkJEnyWaQFW4SvOC/HENH/XOFtiqRonxUA (https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=5961651#post5961651)
I genuinely can't see where these 'two wins' are coming from, at the present rate..

Exactly where I'm coming from.

I am genuinely worried and can see the signs get more clear after every game.

JeMeSouviens
21-10-2019, 10:19 AM
I can't believe anyone who's been awake the last few weeks *hasn't* considered we could go down again.

Confidence is rock bottom, we're soft as ***** and even when there's a brief ray of light we conspire to **** it up and don't win.

H18S NX
21-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Anyone who is not concerned has their head in the sand,the last time we were relegated we were only"just a couple of wins away" from being safe,it is a disgrace to be where we are at the moment,especially with the budget we have against the others.

Sammy7nil
21-10-2019, 10:32 AM
I said on here a few weeks ago that we are favourites for relegation. I don’t see much to change my opinion.

100% we are not favourites to go down. What odds would you give for Hamilton, St J and Hibs for relegation?

Barman Stanton
21-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Looks very much like we will be in a relegation battle this season. We have no confidence, cant score and cant keep clean sheets. Looks all to familiar to previous relegation seasons.

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 10:43 AM
100% we are not favourites to go down. What odds would you give for Hamilton, St J and Hibs for relegation?

We can’t beat any of the teams you mentioned. They also have better managers than us.

Fuzzywuzzy
21-10-2019, 10:46 AM
It's been the same since the end of last season. Football - woeful. Heckingbottom seems to be at a loss on home to change it. Players seem to be disillusioned with where they fit into the team (Marciano/kamberi recent comments). We've brought in some really poor players. I know folk are seeing something in doidge but I'm just not seeing it.

Is it likely we'll get relegated? I don't think so but the rate we're going we'll be lucky to hit 8th

Daydreamer
21-10-2019, 11:29 AM
After the last two away games at Aberdeen and Hamilton coming out both theses games at the final whistle did'nt feel like draws they both felt like defeats. I genuinely believe that we will win the next two home games coming up but if two wins are not achieved at ER his position must be seriously considered. He must throw caution to the wind and play both Doidge and Kamberi up front even if that means sacrificing both Allan and Mallan in midfield.

TheGreenMan
21-10-2019, 11:52 AM
We play St Johnstone soon, that'll be their first win. Guaranteed

Hibiza
21-10-2019, 12:00 PM
I'm just totally fed up .

Unseen work
21-10-2019, 12:03 PM
I'm just totally fed up .

This. Since the game finished on Saturday iv constantly been checking to see if there is news about him being sacked. I was hoping for news this morning and you can imagine how deflated I was not seeing anything.

This simply cannot go on. 11th in the league and losing fans and any feel good factor at an alarming rate.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-10-2019, 12:05 PM
I hope we get hammered next week and hecky gets sacked

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Absolutely we are in the mix, regardless of how early it is we need to stop turning winning positions into draws.

Spike Mandela
21-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Has anyone dared consider........Hearts might get relegated?

Keith_M
21-10-2019, 12:22 PM
I disagree about being favourites for relegation.

I can see us getting a lot of draws, and maybe a handful of wins, and finishing somewhere between 7th and 10th.

CloudSquall
21-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Keep playing one up front with Doidge and we are down.

We are not scoring enough and are a sieve at the back.

ekhibee
21-10-2019, 12:23 PM
We're definitely in the mix for relegation on our form so far this season, but as long as the board don't see anything wrong with the manager that's okay. Not. How many chances are they going to give him to turn it around? He's had quite a few so far IMO.

MrSmith
21-10-2019, 12:26 PM

nope cos they are jammy bassas and will wriggle out of it somehow, maybe due to a league reshuffle?? :wink:

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 12:29 PM

Nope, they’re better than us.

TheHarpy76
21-10-2019, 12:34 PM

Unfortunately, I think they’ll start picking up points once they get some of their players back from injury.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think we’ll go down.

hibsbollah
21-10-2019, 12:41 PM
We play St Johnstone soon, that'll be their first win. Guaranteed

I was impressed with them in the 2-2 at Easter Rd earlier in the season, Kennedy and OHalloran have what we don't have; pace and the ability to go past people in wide positions. (Although we should have Boyle back soon which will help). I've been surprised they've been struggling, based on that display, I thought they were the better side.

hfc rd
21-10-2019, 12:44 PM
Absolutely we are in the relegation mix.

Our form also suggests that. Personally can’t see it changing anytime soon unfortunately. Heckingbotton needs emptied asap in order to give the new guy time to save our season. Will they board do it? Doesn’t seem likely.

B.H.F.C
21-10-2019, 12:44 PM
If we change manager I don’t think we’ll go down.

If we don’t then it would be really naive to think we’re not in a battle. There is a lack of quality in comparison to what we had before, and we’re not a good side, but a half decent manager who can give them a bit of belief will see us safe.

jacomo
21-10-2019, 12:49 PM

Ever dared considering completing the thread title rather than stopping half way through...?

Maddening. I couldn’t give a **** what this thread is actually about.

Hibernia&Alba
21-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Though I really don't think we will be relegated, I said the same last time we went down, so we can't be complacent. Let's look at the facts: one-quarter of the seaon gone and we have ONE win. Expand that trend over the season and we are currently on target for four wins all season, which would probably mean relegation. We need to improve fast, because there is no character in this team, and I don't think they would cope with the pressure of a relegation battle. We are in trouble and need points immediately.

MrSmith
21-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Ever dared considering completing the thread title rather than stopping half way through...?

I guess I could and maybe still can but you obviously care by responding :D

hibsbollah
21-10-2019, 01:25 PM

Unnecessary and random rudeness. That's what I find maddening, personally.

Hibernia&Alba
21-10-2019, 01:47 PM

True. None of us are happy with things just now, but taking it out on each other isn't the answer.

jacomo
21-10-2019, 02:33 PM
I guess I could and maybe still can but you obviously care by responding :D

I use this site a lot and care about its usability. Having thread titles that do not give a clear indication of the subject is infuriating.

jacomo
21-10-2019, 02:34 PM

Unnecessary, maybe.

Random, nope.

MWHIBBIES
21-10-2019, 03:34 PM
More chance of us winning the next 2 and being right up the league. Hibs wont go down this season.

Pete
21-10-2019, 03:39 PM
More chance of us winning the next 2 and being right up the league. Hibs wont go down this season.

Agree.

MWHIBBIES
21-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Keep playing one up front with Doidge and we are down.

We are not scoring enough and are a sieve at the back.

We've conceded 3 in the last 4 games. We aren't leaking goals.

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 04:02 PM

Based on what exactly?

southsider
21-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Absolutely we are in the relegation mix.

Our form also suggests that. Personally can’t see it changing anytime soon unfortunately. Heckingbotton needs emptied asap in order to give the new guy time to save our season. Will they board do it? Doesn’t seem likely.
Dwindling crowds might force the issue. Get him gone and get LG on loan and we will shoot up the table.

MWHIBBIES
21-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Based on what exactly?

Based on us being better than at least one other side. Guys like Allan, McGregor, Gray, Marciano, Kamberi etc aren't getting ****ing relegated.

Hibernia&Alba
21-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Based on us being better than at least one other side. Guys like Allan, McGregor, Gray, Marciano, Kamberi etc aren't getting ****ing relegated.

I think you're right, we'll be okay, but there is no guarantee of that. We need points now, and the next two league games, at home, are massive.

Sir David Gray
21-10-2019, 04:27 PM
We are 2 wins away from being in the top half of the league are we not? I think the manager now has to go but dont think we will be anywhere near relegation at the end of the season

We were only one win from securing safety in 2014 and that didn't happen either.

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 04:28 PM

There’s been little evidence we can win one game never mind win two in a row. All they players quoted apart from Allan aren’t playing in this current set up.
I don’t think we will win a game in December so picking up as much points as possible until then is massive. It’s not even going to be decent football either it’s going to be pedestrian **** and maybe scrape a 1-0. It’s extremely alarming how far we’ve fallen.

Wilson
21-10-2019, 04:30 PM

Marciano and Kamberi aren't starters and Gray and McGregor are never fit for enough of the season.

I've heard the same crap before. Too big to go down. We're better than this team. We're due to give a team a doing. Words but not action.

We're where we are on merit. It is concerning.

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 04:31 PM
We were only one win from securing safety in 2014 and that didn't happen either.

Thanks for reminding me!!!!

Jones28
21-10-2019, 04:54 PM

We haven’t beaten either of those teams. If they are our rivals we need to beat them in the head to heads, both times we’ve failed.

I’m not a bookie, what odds would someone who kens put us at? I’d say we’re giving it a right good go, as Yogi would say.

Hibernia&Alba
21-10-2019, 04:56 PM
We haven’t beaten either of those teams. If they are our rivals we need to beat them in the head to heads, both times we’ve failed.

I’m not a bookie, what odds would someone who kens put us at? I’d say we’re giving it a right good go, as Yogi would say.

I think someone posted a couple of weeks back that we were around 200/1.

MWHIBBIES
21-10-2019, 05:26 PM

Have they beaten us? Why would be favourites over them?

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 05:44 PM

Quite simply because we have been in complete free fall since March? They two sides know what it takes to grind out results at some stage. We even drew at Forthbank against the worst team in the professional leagues. I would say with the managers experience they are far more equipped to deal with relegation battles than any other clubs.

MWHIBBIES
21-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Quite simply because we have been in complete free fall since March? They two sides know what it takes to grind out results at some stage. We even drew at Forthbank against the worst team in the professional leagues. I would say with the managers experience they are far more equipped to deal with relegation battles than any other clubs.

But there must be a reason they are always in the relegation battle? They are ****ing hopeless all the time, we are currently ****ing hopeless. We are far more likely to turn it around and pick up some consistent form that they are. A point was a great result for Hamilton on saturday, it was a **** one for us. We have higher standards, better players, more money to spend in January and baring some disaster of butcher proportions, will be well clear of those diddy sides.

Same nonsense as last season about Livi finishing well above us. That went well.

Jim44
21-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Folk are saying we are ‘possible’ relegation candidates. In my opinion that is dangerously optimistic. Based on performances and results so far, we are ‘probable’ relegation candidates. We are the only team in the league which every other team will expect to get points from and probably will. I hope LD doesn’t have the optimistic attitude of some on here. Her job is on the line and the only chance of her and the club’s survival is to sack PH immediately.

Sir David Gray
21-10-2019, 06:23 PM
Thanks for reminding me!!!!

Sorry!

I was just emphasising that points we do not currently have yet mean very little.

Considering we only have one win to our name so far after 9 games, being two wins away from the top six doesn't really fill me with much hope!

WhileTheChief..
21-10-2019, 06:41 PM
Get a manager in place soon and we could fight for top 6 although that’s maybe asking a bit much.

Stick with PH and I’d imagine we’ll be bottom 4 come the split.

Jones28
21-10-2019, 07:19 PM

Would those odds have shortened? I would imagine so based on the goals we’re throwing away.

Col2
21-10-2019, 07:23 PM
We are 10-1 to finish in bottom 2

We are 12-1 to win the league

We are 40-1 to finish bottom.

2 things.

1. Longer odds to win the league cup given we are in semi finals compared to finishing in relegation spots (in October for a team that was close to 2nd 18 months ago).

2. Odds for finishing bottom look attractive.

Jones28
21-10-2019, 07:27 PM

Have we beaten them? No. Have we conceded against both from winning positions? Yes. Accies are above us in the league, saints are below, so where does that leave us? I’d say joint favourite is about right. I don’t see why accies are drawn in though, they’re above us.

Accept the predicament we’re in.

Onion
21-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Our manager is rank rotten so anything is possible at this stage. This can all be avoided by the Hibs Board waking up and doing the job we employ them to do. At this stage, they are getting paid handsomely for sitting on their hands and praying for a miracle. Money for Nothing.

MWHIBBIES
21-10-2019, 07:50 PM
Folk are saying we are ‘possible’ relegation candidates. In my opinion that is dangerously optimistic. Based on performances and results so far, we are ‘probable’ relegation candidates. We are the only team in the league which every other team will expect to get points from and probably will. I hope LD doesn’t have the optimistic attitude of some on here. Her job is on the line and the only chance of her and the club’s survival is to sack PH immediately.

What team wouldn't expect points Vs Hamilton?

Lancs Harp
21-10-2019, 08:11 PM
We are 10-1 to finish in bottom 2

We are 12-1 to win the league

We are 40-1 to finish bottom.

2 things.

1. Longer odds to win the league cup given we are in semi finals compared to finishing in relegation spots (in October for a team that was close to 2nd 18 months ago).

2. Odds for finishing bottom look attractive.

col I'll give you 50/1 minimum bet £20 mind. :wink::greengrin

Since452
21-10-2019, 08:58 PM

Another rediculous overreaction. Based on performances and results? We absolutely battered Aberdeen last time out and were by far the better team on Saturday. Two notoriously tricky away games. Then throw in Celtic, and Killie away. I honestly can't wait to start getting the results we deserve to quieten you lot up. And to think i get accused of trolling. I wonder how many of these posts are by Hibs fans i really do. The football was far worse under Lennon, the results were far worse under Lennon but i can't remember this level of nonsence during his last few months with us. Ken what, i wont even say i told you so when we do start getting the wins we deserve. And we will.

Sir David Gray
21-10-2019, 09:02 PM
Another rediculous overreaction. Based on performances and results? We absolutely battered Aberdeen last time out and were by far the better team on Saturday. Two notoriously tricky away games. Then throw in Celtic, and Killie away. I honestly can't wait to start getting the results we deserve to quieten you lot up. And to think i get accused of trolling. I wonder how many of these posts are by Hibs fans i really do. The football was far worse under Lennon, the results were far worse under Lennon but i can't remember this level of nonsence during his last few months with us. Ken what, i wont even say i told you so when we do start getting the wins we deserve. And we will.

When were we ever 11th in the table under Lennon?

B.H.F.C
21-10-2019, 09:04 PM
The football was far worse under Lennon, the results were far worse under Lennon

No it wasn’t and no they weren’t. You’re just being silly.

ekhibee
21-10-2019, 09:12 PM
We've conceded 3 in the last 4 games. We aren't leaking goals.

Our goal difference is -10.

Killiehibbie
21-10-2019, 09:13 PM

At one stage we were 2500/1 to finish bottom, now the same bookie has us 33/1. A few wins needed soon or we'll be a single figure price.

superfurryhibby
21-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Have we beaten them? No. Have we conceded against both from winning positions? Yes. Accies are above us in the league, saints are below, so where does that leave us? I’d say joint favourite is about right. I don’t see why accies are drawn in though, they’re above us.

Accept the predicament we’re in.

Accies are two points above us with just 27 games to play, yep lets rule them out now:confused:

I would say there are half a dozen teams looking pretty gash right now. You could perm any combination from them. I’m biding my time before donning the Tenna Man, saves money.

Jones28
21-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Accies are two points above us with just 27 games to play, yep lets rule them out now:confused:

I would say there are half a dozen teams looking pretty gash right now. You could perm any combination from them. I’m biding my time before donning the Tenna Man, saves money.

Joint favourites for relegation are us and saints in my mind, at this time. We can’t buy a win, accies scrapped and fought for their point while we couldn’t see a game out, again.

I’m not bed wetting, I’m apathetic. I honestly don’t care and that’s my biggest concern.

WeeRussell
21-10-2019, 09:39 PM
I don’t think we’re favourites for relegation, in fact I’d be surprised if anyone really thinks that.

However I find myself using the R word most weeks now when discussing Hibs, and that’s scary enough. To touch on a couple of previous posts, I believe the quality we have available (with the exception of a couple of players) is worse than Butcher’s disaster and if we’re talking about Hearts - we’re currently worse than them too.

We’re in serious trouble, no doubt about it.

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 05:18 AM
Our goal difference is -10.

Great stat with no context. That damage was all done months ago now. Recently our defence has improved.

Heisenberg
22-10-2019, 05:24 AM
Great stat with no context. That damage was all done months ago now. Recently our defence has improved.

So it doesn’t count because we conceded the goals months ago? 😂 Recently our defence have not been keeping clean sheets while we have continued to struggle with scoring goals at the other end. You are correct it’s improved from being atrocious but it’s still not very good.

Barman Stanton
22-10-2019, 07:56 AM
I have thought we were too good to go down the previous 2 times it happened. Wont make that mistake again. We have no confidence, no leaders and no fight. Im amazed anyone would fancy our chances if we happened to find ourselves in a relegation fight. Its worrying times. I was all for giving the manager time, but its simply not working.

WeeRussell
22-10-2019, 08:01 AM

I don’t think we’ve kept a clean sheet in the league since first game of the season against St Mirren?

heretoday
22-10-2019, 08:09 AM
It's obvious. We need to score more goals and stop letting so many in.
Sort that and we'll soon be heading up the table.

Fife-Hibee
22-10-2019, 08:27 AM

That's exactly what I did. £5 on 12th at 250/1 with William Hill. Tried to stick 20 on it but they weren't allowing it.....

No doubt i'll get pelters. But i'm determined to be the least miserable Hibby by the end of the season.

MrSmith
22-10-2019, 09:22 AM
For me, the games leading up to Christmas are crucial. Draws are no good and if losses occur we are staring relegation in the face. However, on the flip side and should we win a few of those matches, we may proceed to mid bottom 6.

I'm not confident and all optimism has gone. Sorry to be so negative but we need change now or its over.

ekhibee
22-10-2019, 09:39 AM

Nevertheless it was correct. And if we keep on dropping points/not scoring goals it ain't gonna get better either.

tonyrougier123
22-10-2019, 09:46 AM
The warning signs were there from the get go this season.

They were dismissed as early season rustiness.

We struggled to control games against part timers.

Questions need asked why deals for mcnulty and omeonga could not be reached and they ended up back out on loan.

Wee steph has only managed 2 appearances for cercle.

And mcnulty is in league 1.

Come on hibs get the finger oot!!

One Day Soon
22-10-2019, 09:46 AM

Those goals may have been conceded months ago but it still count now and will do at the end of the season too. And since we are still shipping pretty much as many goals as we are scoring it's not really improving at all is it?

MrSmith
22-10-2019, 09:48 AM
The warning signs were there from the get go this season.

They were dismissed as early season rustiness.

We struggled to control games against part timers.

Questions need asked why deals for mcnulty and omeonga could not be reached and they ended up back out on loan.

Wee steph has only managed 2 appearances for cercle.

And mcnulty is in league 1.

Come on hibs get the finger oot!!

I saw the warning signs last season at the last home game against Kilmarnock. Was appalling!

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 09:55 AM
Those goals may have been conceded months ago but it still count now and will do at the end of the season too. And since we are still shipping pretty much as many goals as we are scoring it's not really improving at all is it?

No, no, no. Just like last season didn’t count, pre-season didn’t count, League Cup embarrassments didn’t count, the start of the season didn’t count.

When can we count from then is the question? Whenever it is we sure as hell haven’t won a game of football in whatever period anyone wants to begin at.

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2019, 10:26 AM
Our league form since Heckingbottom joined is won 7, drawn 8. lost 7 Not disastrous but not inspiring either, in fact bang average you could say.

Livvi at home a week on Wednesday ends the first round of fixtures and if we end that with a record of played 11 won 2, drawn 5, lost 4 for example then I for one will be worried. The next round of fixtures sees us away to Hearts and Celtic which on our current form will be 2 losses pretty well guaranteed, we are at home to Aberdeen, Killie, Motherwell and Rangers none of whom on current form with the possible exception of Killie are 'gimmies' either.

If we reach the end of those fixtures with a record similar to or worse than the first quarter, which IMO is eminently possible unless things improve, then he has to go because we will almost certainly be heading towards Butcher territory and as we know all too well from that shutting your eyes putting your hands over your ears going la la la and just hoping things will improve is a recipe for disaster.

B.H.F.C
22-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Our league form since Heckingbottom joined is won 7, drawn 8. lost 7 Not disastrous but not inspiring either, in fact bang average you could say.

Livvi at home a week on Wednesday ends the first round of fixtures and if we end that with a record of played 11 won 2, drawn 5, lost 4 for example then I for one will be worried. The next round of fixtures sees us away to Hearts and Celtic which on our current form will be 2 losses pretty well guaranteed, we are at home to Aberdeen, Killie, Motherwell and Rangers none of whom on current form with the possible exception of Killie are 'gimmies' either.

If we reach the end of those fixtures with a record similar to or worse than the first quarter, which IMO is eminently possible unless things improve, then he has to go because we will almost certainly be heading towards Butcher territory and as we know all too well from that shutting your eyes putting your hands over your ears going la la la and just hoping things will improve is a recipe for disaster.

Big issue is that 6 of those 7 wins were over 6 months ago. Since then we’ve won 1 in 14 league games and have a weaker squad than when he was getting some results.

mim
22-10-2019, 11:17 AM
I don’t think we’re favourites for relegation, in fact I’d be surprised if anyone really thinks that.

However I find myself using the R word most weeks now when discussing Hibs, and that’s scary enough. To touch on a couple of previous posts, I believe the quality we have available (with the exception of a couple of players) is worse than Butcher’s disaster and if we’re talking about Hearts - we’re currently worse than them too.

We’re in serious trouble, no doubt about it.

Rank, rotten rubbish??? :rolleyes:

portyfelly
22-10-2019, 11:23 AM
:rolleyes:

Aw nawwwww!!!! Dinnae dinnae :dizzy::boo hoo:

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 11:33 AM

So if we keep 10 clean sheets in a row our defence still sucks because of what happened then? We are improving defensively. Offensively, not so much.

Nicho87
22-10-2019, 08:17 PM
We don’t score goals. We’re soft at the back. No leaders. Currently a perfect mix of all the ingredients we have seen before in relegations gone by.

Allant1981
23-10-2019, 06:36 AM
We don’t score goals. We’re soft at the back. No leaders. Currently a perfect mix of all the ingredients we have seen before in relegations gone by.

Wouldnt say we are that soft at the back recently, the last few games have had a settled defence and look ok, certainly struggle going forward though

MrSmith
23-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Wouldnt say we are that soft at the back recently, the last few games have had a settled defence and look ok, certainly struggle going forward though

When our team is set up to play sideways to backwards football, forwards and midfielders ultimately put stress upon the defense more so if defenders aren't particularly good with the ball at feet. My thoughts are such that, playing forward is the best form of defense.

where'stheslope
23-10-2019, 11:06 AM
When our team is set up to play sideways to backwards football, forwards and midfielders ultimately put stress upon the defense more so if defenders aren't particularly good with the ball at feet. My thoughts are such that, playing forward is the best form of defense.
I would advocate anti-football till we turn it around!
Playing attractive football is only pleasing when the team is winning!
If we stop playing around at the back and just launch it up the park, it will stop the midfielders coming back all the time to help out and then they might have the energy to last a full 90 minutes.
We have a couple of big forwards to hopefully hold up the ball in the opponents half, and the midfield can get up past the forwards and create goal scoring chances at the right end!!!!

Scotty Leither
23-10-2019, 06:44 PM
I honestly could just about bear us being more defensively-orientated team if we were even halfway good at it - it's defences that win championships, or so it's said - but we're not.

We are a haircut team with no cutting edge. We lose the first goal and the game is pretty much lost, and we can't hold onto a lead to save our lives, which points to one thing, relegation.

Somebody in the Boardroom needs to be critiquing this manager with all the above points, but it appears we're back to having owners at the helm who know the square root of nowt about football, and this apathy in the Boardroom is pervading the whole club, from the lame duck in the dugout through to the supporters in the stands.

Sad, sad times for the Hibs right now.