PDA

View Full Version : Horgan

Captain Trips
20-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Poor poor stuff this season, if Doidge is getting it tight IMO you should too. FWIW there should be even more individuals called out.

Scooter
20-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Play a left winger on the right usually wont help

J-C
20-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Play a left winger on the right usually wont help

He's not left footed though, he is a right foot inside left, his problem is he's just not very good, has poor fitness levels and has little game intelligence, needs punted as 1 good game in 10 is just pants.

FifeHibs
20-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Horgan runs about allot with very little end product. On most occasions he tends to choose the wrong option. Very surprised that in his second season with us he still can't last any longer than 60 minutes.

He is another player that should be shipped through the exit door.

jacomo
20-10-2019, 05:27 PM
Horgan runs about allot with very little end product. On most occasions he tends to choose the wrong option. Very surprised that in his second season with us he still can't last any longer than 60 minutes.

He is another player that should be shipped through the exit door.

He does seem to run around like crazy.

Problem is if both him and Allan are done after 60-70 minutes then it restricts the manager’s options a fair bit.

I do quite like Horgan but he seems another who’s not really a wide player. When played on the left he likes getting inside on his right foot. When played on the right he seems marginalised. We have a glut of attacking midfielders and too few options elsewhere.

emerald green
20-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Given most of Hibs signings recently, including Horgan, maybe someone should be asking questions of the head of player recruitment?

PS: Thanks for the two goals at the PBS.

Iggy Pope
20-10-2019, 06:21 PM
He's not left footed though, he is a right foot inside left, his problem is he's just not very good, has poor fitness levels and has little game intelligence, needs punted as 1 good game in 10 is just pants.

He has a fine finish with his left foot then. He should stick to it.

Unseen work
20-10-2019, 06:38 PM
He has been very poor this season but there is a player in there.

Hes tricky and causes defenders a lot of issues when on his game and I wouldn’t be rushing him out the door.

The issue with wingers has always been consistency, the fact the whole team are playing poor doesn’t help and he seems to have no confidence whatsoever.

Personally I’d rather my wingers to have more pace, hit the byline and provide assists from cutting it back etc. He would still be a useful play to have though.

Captain Trips
20-10-2019, 06:40 PM
As with Doidge we really could have several threads picking out individuals. This was more my point though Horgan is one of the many to be a let down

CMurdoch
20-10-2019, 06:45 PM
He has been very poor this season but there is a player in there.

Hes tricky and causes defenders a lot of issues when on his game and I wouldn’t be rushing him out the door.

The issue with wingers has always been consistency, the fact the whole team are playing poor doesn’t help and he seems to have no confidence whatsoever.

Personally I’d rather my wingers to have more pace, hit the byline and provide assists from cutting it back etc. He would still be a useful play to have though.

The big issue with Horgan is his horrific inability to cross the ball with any accuracy.
This is exasperated by only having one player in the box.
Either play with 2 strikers or forget about Horgan.

Mouse64
20-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Horgan has lost the confidence to take a man on and when he gets in a position to cross it is woeful. We have lost a threat on the flanks that we had last season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J-C
20-10-2019, 07:42 PM
He has a fine finish with his left foot then. He should stick to it.

The thing is he's very capable of playing on the right and is two footed, he just seems to know sod all about playing wide right, he always comes inside, never marks or tracks back and loses his opposition player all the time.

GoalsMcGinley
21-10-2019, 05:55 AM
Horgan is woeful. End of discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
21-10-2019, 05:58 AM

not playing well just now - I’d agree with that.

What was your view after he scored twice to beat Hearts last season ?

calumhibee1
21-10-2019, 06:08 AM

After thinking he looked pretty decent pre season I’m starting to think the same. He’s been dreadful and probably the worst of the players who have had any significant amount of minutes imo.

JimBHibees
21-10-2019, 06:28 AM
Staggered that he seems to get regular starts at the moment.

GoalsMcGinley
21-10-2019, 06:41 AM
not playing well just now - I’d agree with that.

What was your view after he scored twice to beat Hearts last season ?

A broken clock is right twice a day. One good game doesn’t make up for 18 months of inferior performances.

Ross Caldwell scores a winner there once. Will we bring him back?

bigwheel
21-10-2019, 07:08 AM
A broken clock is right twice a day. One good game doesn’t make up for 18 months of inferior performances.

Ross Caldwell scores a winner there once. Will we bring him back?

He was excellent that day..and has also been in other games. Not playing well just now, and nowhere near consistent enough - so he is rightly being questioned .....but neither is he “woeful”.

Just by exaggerating, doesn’t make your point more convincing..

GoalsMcGinley
21-10-2019, 07:18 AM
He was excellent that day..and has also been in other games. Not playing well just now, and nowhere near consistent enough - so he is rightly being questioned .....but neither is he “woeful”.

Just by exaggerating, doesn’t make your point more convincing..

Can’t beat a man, can’t cross the ball, doesn’t impact the game in any way shape or form. Hasn’t done since that day in April. Rarely lasts longer than 65/70 mins. I stand by my assessment. Woeful.

bigwheel
21-10-2019, 07:33 AM
Can’t beat a man, can’t cross the ball, doesn’t impact the game in any way shape or form. Hasn’t done since that day in April. Rarely lasts longer than 65/70 mins. I stand by my assessment. Woeful.

Yet he can beat his man and puts in some decent crosses.....I’m not arguing that he has not been good enough..just your wild exaggerated description..

Eyrie
21-10-2019, 07:46 AM
Horgan has played well for us at times, it's just that none of those times have been this season and it's time he was rested.

green day
21-10-2019, 07:49 AM
Yet he can beat his man and puts in some decent crosses.....I’m not arguing that he has not been good enough..just your wild exaggerated description..

Remind me of the last time he was doing this? He hardly strikes fear into opposition defenders..............

He scored two magic goals at Tynie that day but apart from that has been - arguably - a waste of money.

BILLYHIBS
21-10-2019, 07:53 AM
Find this guy frustrating to watch has the potential to get you out of your seat when he goes on one of his runs but always seems to choose the wrong option

:top marks

His game versus Hearts at Tiny last season two brilliant goals and everything clicked into place

This season sad to say would not be too disappointed if he moved on :confused:

FilipinoHibs
21-10-2019, 08:14 AM
One thing Horgan has over the Dog is that he has some footballing ability.

Since452
21-10-2019, 08:16 AM
Poor poor stuff this season, if Doidge is getting it tight IMO you should too. FWIW there should be even more individuals called out.

Imagine he was a Heckingbottom signing. Offt

Captain Trips
21-10-2019, 08:18 AM
One thing Horgan has over the Dog is that he has some footballing ability.

It's not a comparison of Doidge it's just 800 posts on Doidge when we have plenty of others not performing.

Where do you start with when we are talking about -10 GD. Plenty of players deserve as much as Doidge.

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 08:29 AM
Remind me of the last time he was doing this? He hardly strikes fear into opposition defenders..............

He scored two magic goals at Tynie that day but apart from that has been - arguably - a waste of money.

He done it at the weekend, albeit only once

bigwheel
21-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Horgan has played well for us at times, it's just that none of those times have been this season and it's time he was rested.

Fair summary for me ....

Gloucester Hibs
21-10-2019, 08:48 AM

He ripped Michael Smith in the second half of the derby, although I think as mentioned his delivery was then typically pish

Northernhibee
21-10-2019, 09:09 AM
The main question is though; when does he do his grocery shopping?

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 09:30 AM

Hopefully not on a saturday night in tesco and definitely not in his tracksuit

calumhibee1
21-10-2019, 09:46 AM

I’ve seen him at Asda. Thankfully not in club colours or else I’d have said something if I wasn’t with my cat.

makaveli1875
21-10-2019, 09:53 AM

I saw him in Tesco at hardengreen last week . If i see him again this week il be sure to go through his trolley and make sure he's not carrying any contraband

H18S NX
21-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Oh for a "Crunchie Mcallister"

Cameron1875
21-10-2019, 10:46 AM
He is absolutely rotten. A real real let down considering I was excited about the signing at the time.

Thanks for the Hearts win but definitely someone I'd be punting in January if we can.

TheHarpy76
21-10-2019, 12:09 PM
I saw him in Tesco and he put a 4 pack of beer in his basket.

I was furious!

So I went and ran his dog over and then burned down his house!

That’ll teach the ****!

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 12:10 PM

I was furious!

That’ll teach the ****!

More importantly, was it cheap rubbish beer or decent stuff

TheHarpy76
21-10-2019, 12:12 PM
More importantly, was it cheap rubbish beer or decent stuff

I’m not brand specific.

He bought beer and that’s all you need to know.

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 12:16 PM
I’m not brand specific.

He bought beer and that’s all you need to know.

😁

jacomo
21-10-2019, 12:53 PM

I was furious!

That’ll teach the ****!

That was his dog but my house you *******.

MrRobot
21-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Horgan is utterly gash unfortunately.

TheHarpy76
21-10-2019, 02:15 PM
That was his dog but my house you *******.

Soz m8

Greenbeard
21-10-2019, 03:31 PM
The case for the defence is very weak. As weak as Horgan's defence is on the pitch. He needs to pack his case. Cue Thin Lizzy's Southbound on Sat...

The boom time it is over
A ghost player's all that's here
The goal rush it is over
And depression days are here

So tonight after sundown
You're gonna pack your case
Without a word, without a sound
Disappear without a trace

Anthony Soprano
22-10-2019, 09:28 AM
He's not having a good season but he's definitely not a bad player, just shot of confidence. Wouldn't get rid of him just yet.

FifeHibs
22-10-2019, 09:37 AM
He's not having a good season but he's definitely not a bad player, just shot of confidence. Wouldn't get rid of him just yet.

What do you see in Horgan that makes you think he is not a bad player?

I would have him out door in January.
Does not track back or help out his full back.
Runs into space occupied by others, often crowding himself out.
Picks the wrong option more often than not.
Crossing is dubious although a little better than Stevenson, this maybe unfair as we usually only have 1 player in the box.
Range of passing is shocking for a professional player.
Fitness - 60 minutes max.
Runs about like a headless chicken most of the time.

Onceinawhile
22-10-2019, 09:37 AM

Crossing is dubious although a little better than Stevenson, this maybe unfair as we usually only have 1 player in the box.

What's the tune?

One Day Soon
22-10-2019, 09:41 AM
Imagine he was a Heckingbottom signing. Offt

Actually he's almost the perfect metaphor for Heckingbottom's Hibs. Looks like a player, has the potential, but serially under delivers, fails to get over the line and has been persisted with beyond reasonable expectation.

Like Heckingbottom, get rid.

One Day Soon
22-10-2019, 09:42 AM

A very accurate pen picture. He's no Ivan Sproule.

JimBHibees
22-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Actually he's almost the perfect metaphor for Heckingbottom's Hibs. Looks like a player, has the potential, but serially under delivers, fails to get over the line and has been persisted with beyond reasonable expectation.

Struggling to remember his last good game and yet bizarrely starts almost every game.

FifeHibs
22-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Struggling to remember his last good game and yet bizarrely starts almost every game.

6th of April

basehibby
22-10-2019, 03:10 PM

I disagree about making a point of calling out individuals. The almost certain result is player either 1) tries too hard or 2) retreats into a shell. Result is more poor performances and everyone loses.

FWIW though I agree that Horgan has been on a form slump and it's part of the reason for the team's poor form. He is about the only player in the side with anything approaching pace (until Boyle gets back) and, all things being good, he is one of our main outballs. But in recent matches moves have broken down at Horgan more often than not.

Frustrating thing is that we know he is capable of better. At the beginning of the season he was among our better players - being about the only one that looked as if he was physically ready for the challanges ahead.

JimBHibees
22-10-2019, 03:17 PM
6th of April

Probably

erin go bragh
22-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Too many passengers in our team atm . Everyone but PH can see it .
Horgan being top of the list .

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Horgan came a season too late. He would have been class in the same team as McGinn and McGeough.

Clarence
22-10-2019, 04:38 PM

I think Hecky’s instructions may bamboozle the poor lad. Maybe Hecky’s chat is to look for a diagonal pass, so all of his passes are now diagonal ,when they should be straight to one of our players.

HappyAsHellas
22-10-2019, 05:37 PM
I think Hecky’s instructions may bamboozle the poor lad. Maybe Hecky’s chat is to look for a diagonal pass, so all of his passes are now diagonal ,when they should be straight to one of our players.

Can't remember the last time he made a telling pass to a fellow player - this season he couldn't pass water so why we persist with him instead of Middleton is utterly baffling. Middleton done more against Hearts in 4 minutes than Horgan has done all season.

GoalsMcGinley
22-10-2019, 06:35 PM
I’d rather we played our own young players than a rangers one tbh. Gullah, Murray or Shaw all deserve a crack before Middleton imo