PDA

View Full Version : Joe Newall

FilipinoHibs
20-10-2019, 04:34 AM
How did he play? Hibs TV were raving about him? Is this his one 10 good games?

Heisenberg
20-10-2019, 05:48 AM
He was very good first 15/20 minutes. Disappeared after that.

Tully
20-10-2019, 07:30 AM
Newell had a decent hour,then tired

overdrive
20-10-2019, 07:34 AM
I thought he was our best player yesterday. The best I’ve seen him play.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2019, 07:35 AM
Brilliant in the first half, faded a bit in the second half.

GoalsMcGinley
20-10-2019, 07:39 AM
6/10. People are getting a bit carried away with their description of his performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
20-10-2019, 07:52 AM
Was our best player yesterday. One of the very few that tried to be positive and make things happen.

J-C
20-10-2019, 07:54 AM
Not seen a great deal of him apart from the odd 10 mins here and there but going by the 1st half on the match thread he played decent, Rotherham fans say the same, looks good in spurts and the odd 30 ins but inconsistent.

Allant1981
20-10-2019, 07:59 AM
He had a good game yesterday, certainly played well for more than 15 or 20 minutes that has been suggested, for me he is better suited to playing more central than out wide but he also put in some decent crosses yesterday from the wing

Since452
20-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Good performance. Another player now settled into a side that is dominating the vast majority of games.

Nicho87
20-10-2019, 10:51 AM
3 years ago this guy would have been laughed off the training pitch. How our squad has went backwards.

Heisenberg
20-10-2019, 10:53 AM
Good performance. Another player now settled into a side that is dominating the vast majority of games.

Dominating the vast majority 😂

we are hibs
20-10-2019, 10:54 AM

Your trolling is relentless. We were honking after they scored. As per usual.

Since452
Dominating the vast majority 😂

Take it you dont agree?

Since452
Your trolling is relentless. We were honking after they scored. As per usual.

Not trolling just not a sheep

B.H.F.C
20-10-2019, 11:03 AM

Settled in to a side is failing to win the vast majority of games you mean?

Wilson
20-10-2019, 11:18 AM
Not trolling just not a sheep

A few weeks ago folk that wanted Heck out were the trolls and everyone else was the sheep. You're still on the sheep side of things though the flock has moved. That's baaaaaaad for you.

J-C
20-10-2019, 11:22 AM

You joined this forum at the same time Heckingbottom in February, you're persistent backing of the manager and his team are bordering on creepy, I think you are Paul Heckingbottom and I want to claim my £10 prize.

Heisenberg
20-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Take it you dont agree?

Of course not. We have dominated the majority of one game, when up against ten men. The rest has been a mixture of average/***** hoofball with little to no end product. We are still on one league win and if Hearts get a result today will be sitting 11th.

yerauldda
20-10-2019, 12:08 PM
He was very good first 15/20 minutes. Disappeared after that.

That just isn’t true. He was excellent for 65 minutes but looked burst after that. Understandable as he hasn’t played much for us this season. Would’ve liked to have seen him come off for Middleton after his rave reviews for the u21s.

Unseen work
20-10-2019, 12:10 PM
He had a really good game.

Good driving runs which got us up the pitch, not scared to take his man on and put in several good crosses. Pops up in different areas of the pitch and finds space really well, couple of nice deft touches too and seemed to link up well with Doidge.

The run for Horgans chance was brilliant. He started it in our own half and two 1-2’s later he’s at their box and puts it on a plate for him

oldbutdim
20-10-2019, 12:12 PM
That just isn’t true. He was excellent for 65 minutes but looked burst after that. Understandable as he hasn’t played much for us this season. Would’ve liked to have seen him come off for Middleton after his rave reviews for the u21s.

I attended with a mate who had decided he was going to count the number of times he touched the ball, expecting single figures.

After ten minutes he gave up.

Definitely his best game for Hibs, although he did tire after an hour or so.
Sadly Hecky doesn't really 'do' substitutions when needed.
Nor does he change tactics/team shape over much.

lyonhibs
20-10-2019, 01:21 PM
Could we not at least spell his name right? :greengrin

Captain Trips
20-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Take it you dont agree?

Come on tell us, what has Heckingbottom seen you do or have a photo of you doing that you shouldn't?

Wilson
20-10-2019, 05:51 PM
Come on tell us, what has Heckingbottom seen you do or have a photo of you doing that you shouldn't?

It is the other way around. We've all seen pics of Heck doing something he shouldn't be doing... MANAGING HIBERNIAN FC!!!

Shrekko
20-10-2019, 06:01 PM
What an utter bore it is that everything has to come down to whether you’re for or against Heckingbottom. People even being ‘accused’ of being Heckingbottom- utterly pathetic.

Newall played well for most of the time he was on and rightfully got a decent ovation when he went off.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2019, 06:09 PM
What an utter bore it is that everything has to come down to whether you’re for or against Heckingbottom. People even being ‘accused’ of being Heckingbottom- utterly pathetic.

Newall played well for most of the time he was on and rightfully got a decent ovation when he went off.

I've been his biggest critic so far and I despaired when I saw he was starting yesterday but he did well particularly first half and I would fully expect him to keep his place in the team next week.

If players do well I'll compliment them, there's nothing to be gained by digging in and refusing to give praise due to some warped agenda.

hibeerealist
20-10-2019, 06:13 PM
You joined this forum at the same time Heckingbottom in February, you're persistent backing of the manager and his team are bordering on creepy, I think you are Paul Heckingbottom and I want to claim my £10 prize.

Ha ha, give him the £10 it might cover the taxi to the Waverley where he can catch his train home, bye.

jacomo
22-10-2019, 07:45 AM
He had a good game yesterday, certainly played well for more than 15 or 20 minutes that has been suggested, for me he is better suited to playing more central than out wide but he also put in some decent crosses yesterday from the wing

Of course! Another attacking midfielder. Just like right backs, you can never have enough.

calumhibee1
22-10-2019, 07:52 AM
He had a really good game.

Good driving runs which got us up the pitch, not scared to take his man on and put in several good crosses. Pops up in different areas of the pitch and finds space really well, couple of nice deft touches too and seemed to link up well with Doidge.

The run for Horgans chance was brilliant. He started it in our own half and two 1-2’s later he’s at their box and puts it on a plate for him

:agree:

I’ve been pretty critical of Newell but he done well on Saturday. Hopefully the start of him showing what he can do and why he’s played at a decent level.

JimBHibees
23-10-2019, 05:40 AM
3 years ago this guy would have been laughed off the training pitch. How our squad has went backwards.

Yet he has consistently played at a higher level than the majority of the Hibs team ever will.

LancsHibs
23-10-2019, 05:53 AM
Yet he has consistently played at a higher level than the majority of the Hibs team ever will.

He’s played in the Championship with Rotherham & Peterborough. Hardly the dizzy heights. I expect most of our players have played or could play at that level and could also argue are doing so now!

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2019, 05:56 AM
He’s played in the Championship with Rotherham & Peterborough. Hardly the dizzy heights. I expect most of our players have played or could play at that level and could also argue are doing so now!

Hibs in the SPL isn't some difficult challenge either. Plenty of guys from lower level than that have strolled it here.

JimBHibees
23-10-2019, 05:57 AM

Scott Allan never played regularly at that level don't think David Gray did either. Not saying Newell is amazing but he should be doing well up here as think majority of Spfl outside the obvious 2 is probably league 1.

GoalsMcGinley
23-10-2019, 06:55 AM
Joe Newell doesn’t have the heart or the desire to succeed up here. He’s been here since June and has had 1 half decent game away to Hamilton.

NC1875
23-10-2019, 07:09 AM
This clown in the papers today saying “no panic at hibs after 8 games without a win”.

Apparently we’re playing well and not getting the breaks just now.

GTF and take your pal Hecky with you

flash
23-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Some of the comments on this and other threads. When did a section of our support become such graceless buffoons or is it simply social media giving a voice to those who would have been ignored in the past?

The 90+2
23-10-2019, 07:22 AM
This clown in the papers today saying “no panic at hibs after 8 games without a win”.

No need like. What do you want him to say? We’re ***** and he wish he never signed?

The 90+2
23-10-2019, 07:23 AM
Joe Newell doesn’t have the heart or the desire to succeed up here. He’s been here since June and has had 1 half decent game away to Hamilton.

Maybe he’s turned the corner and realises it’s going to be tougher than he imagined or maybe I’ve just woken up soft as **** towards players still playing for the club. :greengrin

hibsbollah
23-10-2019, 07:26 AM
Some of the comments on this and other threads. When did a section of our support become such graceless buffoons or is it simply social media giving a voice to those who would have been ignored in the past?

I think it comes down to the inability of folk these days to say 'aye, I got that one wrong' when it comes to anything in life, far less just football. It's almost as if a development that takes people by surprise (like Newell having a good game, or the Brexit vote, or anything at all) is a signal to aggressively deny reality online and argue black is white :dunno:

The resurrection of the'Joe Joe, Super Joe, Super Joe Newell' song must be in the pipeline.

NC1875
23-10-2019, 07:34 AM
No need like. What do you want him to say? We’re ***** and he wish he never signed?

To say he knows we’ve not been great and will get better. Instead of kidding himself on that we’ve been good and somehow unlucky.

BigKev
23-10-2019, 07:35 AM

Calling any Hibs player a clown is not on. Maybe it’s you who should GTF off this forum.

NC1875
23-10-2019, 07:39 AM
Calling any Hibs player a clown is not on. Maybe it’s you who should GTF off this forum.

He’s been called much worse on here before his one good game at the weekend. He must have changed a few opinions of himself after his masterclass in a 1-1 draw with Hamilton.

And I’ll call him what I want thanks very much

The 90+2
23-10-2019, 07:40 AM
To say he knows we’ve not been great and will get better. Instead of kidding himself on that we’ve been good and somehow unlucky.

It’s lip service to the media. I’m glad he’s showing a little bit of confidence.

NC1875
23-10-2019, 07:47 AM
It’s lip service to the media. I’m glad he’s showing a little bit of confidence.

And what has this confidence got us in the last 8 games ? Or since he signed in fact ? He’s kidding himself on if he thinks everything’s rosey and we’ve been unlucky. Like I said though, glad you agree with him and think everything is alright

BigKev
23-10-2019, 07:49 AM
He’s been called much worse on here before his one good game at the weekend. He must have changed a few opinions of himself after his masterclass in a 1-1 draw with Hamilton.

Says more about you than me. I’ll back the players rather than slate them though... thanks very much.

angus hibby
23-10-2019, 07:51 AM

Another keyboard warrior I see. Would you call him what you want if you met him? Nah, didn't think so.

NC1875
23-10-2019, 07:55 AM
Says more about you than me. I’ll back the players rather than slate them though... thanks very much.

You mustn’t be one of the fans booing recently then ? Happy with the way things are going ? Find it strange more people have taken offence to him being called a clown than the fact he thinks we’ve been good.

We spend hard earned money to watch that crap and he’s giving it the “we’ve been playing well” crap. Aye ok

No need to say anything. Do it on the pitch

NC1875
23-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Another keyboard warrior I see. Would you call him what you want if you met him? Nah, didn't think so.

Keyboard warrior ? For calling him a clown ? Very good!

I certainly would call him a clown for his comments in the paper today yes. I’m sure he wouldn’t be as offended as the gentle souls on here this morning.

SMAXXA
23-10-2019, 07:58 AM

He was decent against st Mirren aswell so that’s 2 games not that it changes much overall hasn’t been good enough but won’t wrote him off yet

BigKev
23-10-2019, 08:03 AM
You mustn’t be one of the fans booing recently then ? Happy with the way things are going ? Find it strange more people have taken offence to him being called a clown than the fact he thinks we’ve been good.

We spend hard earned money to watch that crap and he’s giving it the “we’ve been playing well” crap. Aye ok

No need to say anything. Do it on the pitch

Say he’s pish or whatever but calling him a clown isn’t on.

He’s not said we been good either but improving and played well on Saturday. I’m not booing my team after getting a point away from home no. You bash on though.

NC1875
23-10-2019, 08:06 AM
He’s not said we been good either but improving and played well on Saturday.

“It’s frustrating but I think if we were playing poorly and not winning then there would be alarm bells. But I think the lads have been playing well”

BILLYHIBS
23-10-2019, 08:07 AM
Pleased Joe Newall had a good game on Saturday and proved his doubters wrong ( myself included) hopefully he can kick on on Saturday and help us to three valuable points versus the Staggies

hibsbollah
23-10-2019, 08:37 AM

Depends what kind of clown. If Super Joe Newell is a Pennywise sort of clown that would be really useful on the wing. Scare his fullback crapless. Probably actually eat him in fact. Ronald Mcdonald or Mister Tumble from cbeebies, not so much.

tamig
23-10-2019, 08:48 AM
“It’s frustrating but I think if we were playing poorly and not winning then there would be alarm bells. But I think the lads have been playing well”

Which is a fair point based on last couple of games. I’m sure you’ll agree we missed a few simple chances that could’ve seen us four points better off.

oldbutdim
23-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Pleased Joe Newall had a good game on Saturday and proved his doubters wrong ( myself included) hopefully he can kick on on Saturday and help us to three valuable points versus the Staggies

I was pleasantly surprised on Saturday, particularly at his first half performance.
I confess I nearly turned back on the motorway when I heard him named in the team.

It would be great if he surprises me again on Saturday!

Sean1875
23-10-2019, 09:06 AM
Depends what kind of clown. If Super Joe Newell is a Pennywise sort of clown that would be really useful on the wing. Scare his fullback crapless. Probably actually eat him in fact. Ronald Mcdonald or Mister Tumble from cbeebies, not so much.

I actually find Mr Tumble scarier than Pennywise tbh :paranoid:

Wilson
23-10-2019, 09:06 AM

Has he though? Hamilton are rotten and Joe played better in the context of doing it against a team that offered nothing. It's hardly proof that he's an asset and certainly not enough to silence the doubters.

You are obviously the prime example of a fickle fan if you've changed your opinion on the back of that. I'll wait for a run of good form from him and maybe a decent shift against a better side. I'm not holding my breath though.

we are hibs
23-10-2019, 09:09 AM
The thing is with Newell is that he played relatively well against St.Mirren at the start of the season then was shocking a week later at ibrox and subbed at half time. He needs to follow it up and show some consistency. When he signed Rotherham fans said he is the kind of player that puts in 1 good performance every 10 games. Thats not good enough for hibs.

Robbo6-2
23-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Has he though? Hamilton are rotten and Joe played better in the context of doing it against a team that offered nothing. It's hardly proof that he's an asset and certainly not enough to silence the doubters.

You are obviously the prime example of a fickle fan if you've changed your opinion on the back of that. I'll wait for a run of good form from him and maybe a decent shift against a better side. I'm not holding my breath though.

On the other side of the coin, you have based your opinon on Newell on 90mins vs St Mirren and 45 mins at Ibrox. Similar time to make a negative judgement on him. Exactly the same as the positive poster really!

I am somewhere in the middle, i think he looks a good player. Left sided players always look more elegant than right footed players. Its obvious he lacks blistering pace but Horgan has had way more chances this season. Give him a run and we can see what he can do.

The_Horde
23-10-2019, 09:16 AM
Newell reminded me a lot of Mesut Ozil at the weekend.

He could go far.

The 90+2
23-10-2019, 09:21 AM
😂😂😂😂

hibsbollah
23-10-2019, 09:33 AM
I actually find Mr Tumble scarier than Pennywise tbh :paranoid:

You're not alone. No stranger to an operation yewtree investigation I bet.

The 90+2
23-10-2019, 09:34 AM
You're not alone. No stranger to an operation yewtree investigation I bet.

:greengrin I wasn’t going to say anything.

hibsbollah
23-10-2019, 09:37 AM
:greengrin I wasn’t going to say anything.

Actually I take that back. Justin could be reading this, you never know. He might have had a bad day.I apologise for my ill-judged comment which bears no resemblance to reality.

The 90+2
23-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Actually I take that back. Justin could be reading this, you never know. He might have had a bad day.I apologise for my ill-judged comment which bears no resemblance to reality.

It’s out there now mate and I’m not retracting 😆

InchHibby
23-10-2019, 09:40 AM
I said at the time Newall is having a good game, second half, was he even on the pitch.

BILLYHIBS
23-10-2019, 09:50 AM

I have not changed my opinion at all

I did not go to the game at Hamilton

I will reserve my judgment until Saturday

Like you not holding my breath but we live in hope

GGTTH

MrRobot
23-10-2019, 10:52 AM

He played at Rotherham at the same time as Scott Allan I believe and got into the team ahead of him.

basehibby
23-10-2019, 11:28 AM

Is that you Hecks???

basehibby
23-10-2019, 11:35 AM

Social media is to blame - it's the perfect medium through which to channel ones own inner graceless buffoon and many of us can't help ourselves

angus hibby
23-10-2019, 11:48 AM
He was decent against st Mirren aswell so that’s 2 games not that it changes much overall hasn’t been good enough but won’t wrote him off yet

So he's been decent in 2 of the 3 league games he's started?

Hibiza
23-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Anyone remember that he came with the tag " the championships Messi . Must have been a wind up.

gorgie greens
24-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Anyone remember that he came with the tag " the championships Messi . Must have been a wind up.

Seem to remember Ryan Gould was the Scottish Messi :agree:

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2019, 11:15 AM
I have a theory on Newell, he might do ok when we play on plastic pitches. He has that close control that you need on that surface, and gets you that extra second or two to make a decision?

snedzuk
24-10-2019, 12:21 PM
I have a theory on Newell, he might do ok when we play on plastic pitches. He has that close control that you need on that surface, and gets you that extra second or two to make a decision?

Didn't work at Stirling Albion (if that's plastic)

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Didn't work at Stirling Albion (if that's plastic)

Grass.

yerauldda
24-10-2019, 02:23 PM

I was also thinking the same thing at the game last week.. expect to see him feature in games like that more often. He looked good going by players on that surface.

The 90+2
24-10-2019, 03:24 PM
I was also thinking the same thing at the game last week.. expect to see him feature in games like that more often. He looked good going by players on that surface.

Wonder why he didn’t play against Killie the two times then? Imagine we actually signed a player to play against Hamilton and Livi away 😂

Clarence
24-10-2019, 04:36 PM

Mr Tumble would be more likely to play for Sevco given his fondness for singing Hello Hello.

hibsbollah
24-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Mr Tumble would be more likely to play for Sevco given his fondness for singing Hello Hello.

:faf:
That's a dad of a young child talking. That ditty is bad for your mental health

JimBHibees
25-10-2019, 05:41 AM
Grass.

Bit harsh. :greengrin