PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Heckingbottom

Bob Box Fish
19-10-2019, 10:44 PM
One win from the last 14 league matches is undoubtedly relegation form.

If the majority advocate change in management something needs to happen imminently.

What are people’s thoughts? Personally, a full protest in the next home game would be a starting point.

KDY Hibs
19-10-2019, 10:48 PM

If the majority advocate change in management something needs to happen imminently.

What are people’s thoughts? Personally, a full protest in the next home game would be a starting point.

No protest from me.

Unseen work
19-10-2019, 10:52 PM
Can we do something sooner? The next home game is too far away.

Saying that I want him gone by Monday.

Bob Box Fish
19-10-2019, 10:58 PM
If since 1875 are feeling the same, maybe a display ?

Stuart93
19-10-2019, 11:03 PM

Not a dig at them but think the relationship between them and the club is an important one for the displays that they want to do

Doubt they’d want to tarnish that. Think the last display subtly hinted towards displeasure though

ColintonHibs
19-10-2019, 11:06 PM
Sick of Hecky he can GTFF

Bob Box Fish
19-10-2019, 11:06 PM
Not a dig at them but think the relationship between them and the club is an important one for the displays that they want to do

Doubt they’d want to tarnish that. Think the last display subtly hinted towards displeasure though

That’s a fair point.

I feel, if nothing happens, sooner rather than later, Dempster will see us back into the championship again.

PaulSmith
19-10-2019, 11:24 PM
The Board think he’s doing fine. It’s 4 games unbeaten for them and we have a semi final
to look forward to. Dempster and Craig will not admit they are wrong after less than 9 months of appointing him, no one on the board has enough back bone to tell it how it really is. They are as culpable for us sitting in 10th place.

i only hope that RG can see what everyone else can see and punts him ASAP.

tamig
19-10-2019, 11:28 PM

Can you not hire a plane? Or a fishing boat to sail off Ocean Terminal with a big banner as the sail?

Moody Blues
19-10-2019, 11:47 PM
Can you not hire a plane? Or a fishing boat to sail off Ocean Terminal with a big banner as the sail?

I think everyone has to calm down.
We know we are dreadful, but know that no amount of protests will change LD thoughts about her appointment of Heckie.
People will soon vote with there feet and hopefully our new owner will realise that LD is not the person for the job.
She has got off scot free for a while, so its time for her to step up to the plate and sort out this mess, she has created.

tamig
20-10-2019, 12:14 AM
We know we are dreadful, but know that no amount of protests will change LD thoughts about her appointment of Heckie.
People will soon vote with there feet and hopefully our new owner will realise that LD is not the person for the job.
She has got off scot free for a while, so its time for her to step up to the plate and sort out this mess, she has created.
My reply was very much tongue in cheek 😀 As you say, when the crowds drop action will follow. Fans can protest all they want. At the end of the day LD and the board will decide. Protests are futile.

KWJ
20-10-2019, 12:23 AM

Harsh. She's given him a bit more time than the fans but I don't think she'll be adverse to punting him when the time comes.

I suspect the league Cup is his current saving grace but I hope he doesn't get that long or turns it round.

mcfly
20-10-2019, 01:07 AM
My reply was very much tongue in cheek 😀 As you say, when the crowds drop action will follow. Fans can protest all they want. At the end of the day LD and the board will decide. Protests are futile.

I disagree - fans get managers sacked.

If there are loud boos next sat then they will act.

However I think fans are just so fed up that he will continue in the job.

As I’ve said before he has succeeded in removing all the feel good factor and enjoyment of going to Easter road.

He is all wrong for us

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2019, 01:40 AM

I ain’t no witch-hunter but that stat tells it’s own story and

1. No sign of it getting better
2. No sign of da do Ron Ron giving a toss

So sadly incumbent on fan power.

.Sean.
20-10-2019, 02:09 AM
He’s worse than Calderwood and that was the worst of the worse for me. Fenlon was poor but at least he genuinely cared and Butcher, (who I can’t stand and was garbage, at least in a roundabout way did care, he just went the wrong way around it). This **** and his apathy is as bad as Calderwood. Please just ****ing leave and take your lower league English guff with you

Weegreenman
20-10-2019, 03:53 AM

Your spot on regards voting with our feet so to speak. I’m a ST holder but seriously considering not attending the next few games. I’ve had enough of Heckingbottom and his bang average players. We’ll go out the Cup and we’ll be in a dog fight from now until the end of the season. I just can’t bare to sit in a stadium that’s got less atmosphere than Mars and watch the dross on offer any longer.

Craig_in_Prague
20-10-2019, 05:43 AM
He’s worse than Calderwood and that was the worst of the worse for me. Fenlon was poor but at least he genuinely cared and Butcher, (who I can’t stand and was garbage, at least in a roundabout way did care, he just went the wrong way around it). This **** and his apathy is as bad as Calderwood. Please just ****ing leave and take your lower league English guff with you

Whomever we compare him to, its certainly very very grim and for all the good players and excitement over the Stubbs and Lennon years, to have this again, is brutal.
We all deal with it differently but I'm unable to watch Hibs anymore and wont return to Hibs TV until he's gone. I used to travel back to see us under Lennon as much as I could. No such plans anymore.
We are total and utter dug pooh.
How he stayed after losing at home to Hearts! :-(

Pretty Boy
20-10-2019, 06:04 AM
The problem with any attempts to organise boycotts or protests is that you will never get close to a consensus.

Some people will never be willing to miss a game even if other believe it is for the greater good.

Some people don't like mob mentality.

Some find protesting a bit unbecoming of Hibs fans. Lacking the mythical 'Hibs class'.

Some argue the team and manager should be backed regardless of performance and results.

As I said elsewhere the fans are, for the most part, insignificant as far as the club are concerned. They will sit up and take notice as and when they need us to hand over money and it isn't forthcoming. Make no mistake when ST renewal time comes around that is exactly what will happen. A 25-30% drop in sales isn't likely to be too wide off the mark. When things go wrong at Hibs the default position often appears to be apathy rather than anger. We sleepwalked into relegation with barely a whimper until our fate was sealed and the same traits are appearing again. Folk applauding us off the park after a Derby defeat sums it up really.

I don't have the answer either. I still think a coordinated late arrival would send a clear message though. If even 4 or 5K refused to take their seats for say 5 minutes at the start of a game then all arrived en masse singing loudly it would be a 'this is what you could have' type message. Chances of it happening are close to zero though.

Borderhibbie76
20-10-2019, 06:22 AM
Even the protest the weekend after we lost to Hamilton in the play offs only a few hundred could be bothered to turn up that day...so weve no chance if anything major next week.

The apathy has well and truly returned....great Job Hecky and Dempster

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Onion
20-10-2019, 07:08 AM

Franck Sauzee was sacked for a similar record, and he was a Hibs Legend.

Ardenttwo
20-10-2019, 07:16 AM

I would not bother with a protest. The next two home games will see around 10,000 or less in the stadium and as the board is only interested on issues like this he will be sacked

we are hibs
20-10-2019, 07:24 AM
1 win in 14 is irrelevant according to the manager.

He said hes only bothered about this season. So at least he wont be using last seasons wee run when he came in as an excuse any time soon.

Pretty Boy
20-10-2019, 07:30 AM

He said hes only bothered about this season. So at least he wont be using last seasons wee run when he came in as an excuse any time soon.

Someone should tell him 1 win in 9 really isn't that much better.

WhileTheChief..
20-10-2019, 07:36 AM
How the hell can the board not see what everyone else is seeing?

Will it really cost us too much to get rid? I mean, that’s the only reason he’s still here right?

They can’t be thinking he will turn it round, that would just be mental on their part.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2019, 07:56 AM

Is that actually what he said?

Ok how about no wins in 8 league games or 1 win in 9 league games if you're being kind?

Or how about failing to beat a League Two side and a Championship side over 90 minutes in the League Cup?

How about the fact that we have been in the lead in 11 of our 15 competitive matches so far this season but have only gone on to win 4 of them inside 90 minutes?

How about our goals against record being our second worst in the league and our goals for record being the third worst in the league?

How about the fact that we have dropped 11 league points from winning positions so far this season? The highest in the league.

All of these stats are from this season. Does that make him feel any better?

we are hibs
20-10-2019, 08:03 AM
Is that actually what he said?

Ok how about no wins in 8 league games or 1 win in 9 league games if you're being kind?

Or how about failing to beat a League Two side and a Championship side over 90 minutes in the League Cup?

How about the fact that we have been in the lead in 11 of our 15 competitive matches so far this season but have only gone on to win 4 of them inside 90 minutes?

How about our goals against record being our second worst in the league and our goals for record being the third worst in the league?

How about the fact that we have dropped 11 league points from winning positions so far this season? The highest in the league.

All of these stats are from this season. Does that make him feel any better?

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1185683762564206592?s=09

1:30 onwards. Hes grasping at straws. We surely must be on the brink now. I cannot handle another 90 minutes of watching his hibs side let alone weeks.

Pretty Boy
20-10-2019, 08:08 AM
https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1185683762564206592?s=09

1:30 onwards. Hes grasping at straws. We surely must be on the brink now. I cannot handle another 90 minutes of watching his hibs side let alone weeks.

'The only thing missing is the goals'

If he really believes that then I'm worried because it suggests he's happy with the rest of the garbage we are churning out.

bingo70
20-10-2019, 08:12 AM
'The only thing missing is the goals'

If he really believes that then I'm worried because it suggests he's happy with the rest of the garbage we are churning out.

One clean sheet in the league this season is it?

Sir David Gray
20-10-2019, 08:13 AM
One clean sheet in the league this season is it?

Yep forgot that one. One clean sheet which happened to be in the opening game as well.

CloudSquall
20-10-2019, 08:30 AM
Maybe we could hire these Dutch boys from Roda FC for a day.. :greengrin

https://mobile.twitter.com/footballfancast/status/1177870724117270528

(Seriously felt bad for this guy, looks like a scene from the Walking Dead..)

Viva_Palmeiras
20-10-2019, 08:39 AM

Spot on.

familyman
20-10-2019, 09:00 AM
The Board think he’s doing fine. It’s 4 games unbeaten for them and we have a semi final
to look forward to. Dempster and Craig will not admit they are wrong after less than 9 months of appointing him, no one on the board has enough back bone to tell it how it really is. They are as culpable for us sitting in 10th place.

sad to see lower expectations from a club of stature
the league does not lie

Baldy Foghorn
20-10-2019, 09:04 AM

Spot on. I struggle to think what goes through our Board members minds at times. I asked one after derby defeat, what was going on, and he shrugged his shoulders and walked on. Spineless off and on the park

J-C
20-10-2019, 09:11 AM
We could do a mass exodus at the next game, say 2 mins after kick off we all just stand up and leave the game, or even a show of defiance by everyone standing up and turning our back to the pitch for a full minutes silence.

Dan Sarf
20-10-2019, 09:13 AM
We could do a mass exodus at the next game, say 2 mins after kick off we all just stand up and leave the game, or even a show of defiance by everyone standing up and turning our back to the pitch for a full minutes silence.

Or we could scream and scream until we make ourselves sick.

Sheesh.

Baldy Foghorn
20-10-2019, 09:16 AM

Better making our feelings known to our Board at full time. Support the jerseys for 90

J-C
20-10-2019, 09:17 AM
Or we could scream and scream until we make ourselves sick.

Sheesh.

People are talking about ways to show the club we're not happy, some are talking about doing it by not showing up but the club has already got our cash via season tickets, some want demos after or before the game, I'm just trying to put out there another alternative which could be done very easily.

OR we could all just stay on our phones and computers and have a good old moan about the **** the teams in on internet forums, yea that'll make a difference.

J-C
20-10-2019, 09:19 AM
Better making our feelings known to our Board at full time. Support the jerseys for 90

Something needs done and soon, it's gone too far now. Even a demo prior to the game but moaning about things on here won't change anything.

GreenCastle
20-10-2019, 09:20 AM
Sing sacked in the morning ?

Hecky GTF chant ?

lucky
20-10-2019, 09:20 AM
Apathy is back and it will take big changes to get rid of it. The feel good factor of the cup win is long gone. We are sleep walking into relegation. I really fear for Hibs in the semi final against Celtic, they could really give us a hammering.

Onion
20-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Hibs fans will not be the ones to get Hecky out of town. We couldn't get Butcher removed despite watching a car crash in slo mo. We're wholly reliant on Dempster and Ron's judgement of what's acceptable on the pitch - which is worrying.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Apathy is back and it will take big changes to get rid of it. The feel good factor of the cup win is long gone. We are sleep walking into relegation. I really fear for Hibs in the semi final against Celtic, they could really give us a hammering.

The semi final is the least of our worries IMO. We are toddling along in to a relegation battle with this joker in charge though. Anybody that thinks differently is very, very naive.

Pretty Boy
20-10-2019, 09:29 AM
Hibs fans will not be the ones to get Hecky out of town. We couldn't get Butcher removed despite watching a car crash in slo mo. We're wholly reliant on Dempster and Ron's judgement of what's acceptable on the pitch - which is worrying.

No one really tried to get Butcher removed. We all watched what was happening but it was only after relegation happened that there was any kind of protest.

The same thing is happening again. Apathy will see us sleepwalking back to the Championship.

Crab apple
20-10-2019, 09:29 AM
Franck Sauzee was sacked for a similar record, and he was a Hibs Legend.

And Sauzee didn’t ***** the largest budget in our history on signing average journeymen.

Crab apple
20-10-2019, 09:33 AM
The semi final is the least of our worries IMO. We are toddling along in to a relegation battle with this joker in charge though. Anybody that thinks differently is very, very naive.

We won’t win games under this manager and I think the board will eventually act at Xmas. By that time we’ll be facing a second half of the season relegation battle with three or four others to avoid being in the bottom two places.

The Leith Dutch
20-10-2019, 09:33 AM

Much as I want Heckingbottom gone Gordon going over the head of the person employed to make those calls would be a shockingly bad idea and would turn us into a basket case of a club.

Abramovich is a terrible owner who's saving grace is that he ploughs millions into buying players. Having an owner like him but without the players being bought would be a ****ing disaster.

A Hi-Bee
20-10-2019, 09:34 AM
People are talking about ways to show the club we're not happy, some are talking about doing it by not showing up but the club has already got our cash via season tickets, some want demos after or before the game, I'm just trying to put out there another alternative which could be done very easily.

OR we could all just stay on our phones and computers and have a good old moan about the **** the teams in on internet forums, yea that'll make a difference.

The best way to have any influence (IMHO) at all is to remove your business they may have our cash this year but will not get it next year. Football is a business we fund that business to a large extent. I always pay at the gate but not this season for as long as the neglect continues.
Some may say that harms our great club but I would say the ones in charge right now are bringing more harm by doing f. all.

truehibernian
20-10-2019, 09:42 AM
No one really tried to get Butcher removed. We all watched what was happening but it was only after relegation happened that there was any kind of protest.

The same thing is happening again. Apathy will see us sleepwalking back to the Championship.

Which is why we should be looking back at how hard it was getting out the Championship and the club need to really be introspective and appreciate all the hard work that went in - club and supporters- to achieve what we achieved - which was arguably the best period in our recent history.

Style, creativity, tight bond between fans, club and community - all of this is unravelling before our eyes and alarmingly it’s taken only a few short months , with important departures and some terrible appointments being key to this downward trajectory PB.

“There are risks and costs of action but they’re far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction”. - something we’d be well reminding ourselves of.

southsider
20-10-2019, 09:47 AM
The AGM is the key. Perhaps a shareholder( I will do it if I have support) and ask Ron how much longer is he going to stand tor this. If we don’t get an answer we all leave the meeting,

Hibernian32
20-10-2019, 09:48 AM
As I said on another thread.

If enough of us turned up to EM on Monday morning and never let him in the building, there'd be skidders in his pants and he'd walk.

Dan Sarf
20-10-2019, 09:50 AM

I share your unhappiness but I don't think removing our support from the players - even for a full minute - is the way to go.

Ellahappyhibee
20-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Joint removal of Dempster and Heckingbottom needed urgently.

Dempster as she is overseeing us sleepwalking to bottom 6 and automatic relegation, Heckingbottom who cannot get this team to secure 2 goal leads and win games. Dempster holds all power, she is the person who needs to show leadership, she is silent, and has for too long relied on fans gratitude for winning cup, Stubbs and the players won the cup not Leanne. Both need to go now.

truehibernian
20-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Joint removal of Dempster and Heckingbottom needed urgently.

Dempster as she is overseeing us sleepwalking to bottom 6 and automatic relegation, Heckingbottom who cannot get this team to secure 2 goal leads and win games. Dempster holds all power, she is the person who needs to show leadership, she is silent, and has for too long relied on fans gratitude for winning cup, Stubbs and the players won the cup not Leanne. Both need to go now.

Leeann made very good decisions and appointments and her hard work and energy behind the scenes and 'front facing' is enough for me to say she is a valuable asset and one of our most important 'signings' in recent years. Her stock is still high with me - but I agree, she needs now to show strong leadership and re-evaluate the path the club is on - top to bottom.

Keith_M
20-10-2019, 10:21 AM
I was going to suggest we all just sit quietly through the match and make the place like a morgue, but it would be hard to tell the difference.

Baldy Foghorn
20-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Leeann made very good decisions and appointments and her hard work and energy behind the scenes and 'front facing' is enough for me to say she is a valuable asset and one of our most important 'signings' in recent years. Her stock is still high with me - but I agree, she needs now to show strong leadership and re-evaluate the path the club is on - top to bottom.

I would say her goodwill is diminishing with each passing week.

zitelli62
20-10-2019, 10:34 AM
There is only one thing any football club in the world thinks about is money until we stop giving them our money nothing will change how we do that I don't know but it's all they think about maybe stop buying stuff from hibs and dont go the games as I say not sure but it's the only way they will take notice.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2019, 10:40 AM
I would say her goodwill is diminishing with each passing week.

Rapidly. She’s being completely negligent.

Happy to be seen when everything was going well. Nowhere to be seen now that it’s not.

emerald green
20-10-2019, 10:44 AM
The Hibs Board do not have the same passion, ambition, and hunger for success that the supporters have. That's how it seems to me FWIW.

That said, they can surely recognise that the appointment of Heckingbottom, and the waste of the transfer budget on players who are in the main just not good enough, were serious mistakes, and that swift action needs to be taken now to stop the rot.

Speedway
20-10-2019, 10:52 AM
The board only ever notice income.

Stop the income to a significant and sustained degree and the manager will change.

Baldy Foghorn
20-10-2019, 10:54 AM
The Hibs Board do not have the same passion, ambition, and hunger for success that the supporters have. That's how it seems to me FWIW.

That said, they can surely recognise that the appointment of Heckingbottom, and the waste of the transfer budget on players who are in the main just not good enough, were serious mistakes, and that swift action needs to be taken now to stop the rot.

Has always been this way....

Baldy Foghorn
20-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Rapidly. She’s being completely negligent.

Happy to be seen when everything was going well. Nowhere to be seen now that it’s not.

The Board are all culpable, too many not doing enough for the Club

emerald green
20-10-2019, 10:58 AM
Has always been this way....

:agree: That's true sadly.

Hibbyradge
20-10-2019, 11:07 AM
It's unreasonable for people to expect LD, or any other board member, to speak publicly about Heckingbottom's future unless it's to give him a vote of confidence which we don't want to hear.

I don't believe that the board are nonchalant about our current plight, and although I disagree with them, I do think it's understandable that they want to give him a bit more time to turn things around.

I expect that they'll give him until the semi-final at least, and, if results pick up and we somehow get past Celtic, he'll be kept in place.

I don't expect either to happen so we should see a new head coach in place before December.

H18S NX
20-10-2019, 11:07 AM
I have not been back since the hertz game,i am a ST holder for more years than i can remember,but i will not be back until this impostor is gone.

Stuart93
20-10-2019, 11:10 AM
I have not been back since the hertz game,i am a ST holder for more years than i can remember,but i will not be back until this impostor is gone.

Where I’m at

J-C
20-10-2019, 11:30 AM

TBF with Butcher, we only needed that one sole win to be safe and we were then expecting a removal of a lot of crap players afterwards, no one seen relegation due to where we were when he took over, hindsight though eh! Even the play off against Hamilton we all assumed it would be a dawdle after we won the 1st game 0-2.

WhileTheChief..
20-10-2019, 11:30 AM
By waiting till Xmas they’re just wasting the season.

Each week it just gets worse, why give him any more time? Do we need to wait until we’re below St J?

None of them them have got a damn clue. My one remaining hope is that RG bins every single board member and starts from scratch with people that show a bit ambition and passion.

What does LD offer us any more? She bangs on about putting a structure in place to avoid the crap we had before. Whatever she’s done it hasn’t worked.

Time for change.

Seekyit
20-10-2019, 11:37 AM
The AGM is the key. Perhaps a shareholder( I will do it if I have support) and ask Ron how much longer is he going to stand tor this. If we don’t get an answer we all leave the meeting,

Out of curiosity, when is the AGM?

oldbutdim
20-10-2019, 11:38 AM
It's unreasonable for people to expect LD, or any other board member, to speak publicly about Heckingbottom's future unless it's to give him a vote of confidence which we don't want to hear.

I don't believe that the board are nonchalant about our current plight.

Spot on.

However, I think we may see decisive action prior to the AGM unless there is a huge improvement, with goals, points, and entertainment featuring.

Not much chance of that.

oldbutdim
20-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Out of curiosity, when is the AGM?

Date not set - it's late.

Seekyit
20-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Date not set - it's late.

Cheers. That seems a bit strange in itself or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

hibbydad
20-10-2019, 11:56 AM
They have 18 months after the end of the financial year to call the agm

hhibs
20-10-2019, 11:59 AM
By waiting till Xmas they’re just wasting the season.

Each week it just gets worse, why give him any more time? Do we need to wait until we’re below St J?

None of them them have got a damn clue. My one remaining hope is that RG bins every single board member and starts from scratch with people that show a bit ambition and passion.

What does LD offer us any more? She bangs on about putting a structure in place to avoid the crap we had before. Whatever she’s done it hasn’t worked.

Time for change.

Indeed it is.

oldbutdim
20-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Cheers. That seems a bit strange in itself or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

From memory it's usually announced by now, and held before the end of the year - October/November. I think it went into January a few years back when there was corporate restructuring and bank deals being finalised.

It would be a pretty lively AGM if it was held just now.

Hopefully it will be soon and we will get to meet the new manager.

Alex Trager
20-10-2019, 12:39 PM
We won’t win games under this manager and I think the board will eventually act at Xmas. By that time we’ll be facing a second half of the season relegation battle with three or four others to avoid being in the bottom two places.

That thought is terrifying. Truly.

To give this guy until xmas would be insane. Truly insane.

mcfly
20-10-2019, 01:02 PM
If we lose at home on sat he won’t last sat night.

I would think the atmosphere would be awful if we are losing on sat so the board would be forced to act in act of self preservation

Nb he will be in the stand beside them. Could be a very uncomfortable afternoon for them all

matty_f
20-10-2019, 01:06 PM
If we lose at home on sat he won’t last sat night.

I would think the atmosphere would be awful if we are losing on sat so the board would be forced to act in act of self preservation

Nb he will be in the stand beside them. Could be a very uncomfortable afternoon for them all

We've been saying similar for a while now. His race is run, he needs to go and go ASAP. If we win next week and lose/draw the next we're right back to where we are now..

How the people running the club aren't seeing this is beyond me.

Peanut Shaz
20-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Procrastination by everyone who has the power to make the one obvious decision

mcfly
20-10-2019, 01:11 PM
We've been saying similar for a while now. His race is run, he needs to go and go ASAP. If we win next week and lose/draw the next we're right back to where we are now..

I agree totally how he hasn’t been removed is beyond me.

He is a boring boring manager who has underestimated the league, has signed dross in vela and Doidge. (Sorry a striker who doesn’t score is no use to me)

We are weak in midfield and easy beat,

All the fun of watching hibs has gone under this man.

Very sad times indeed.

erin go bragh
20-10-2019, 01:14 PM
The problem with any attempts to organise boycotts or protests is that you will never get close to a consensus.

Some people will never be willing to miss a game even if other believe it is for the greater good.

Some find protesting a bit unbecoming of Hibs fans. Lacking the mythical 'Hibs class'.

Some argue the team and manager should be backed regardless of performance and results.

As I said elsewhere the fans are, for the most part, insignificant as far as the club are concerned. They will sit up and take notice as and when they need us to hand over money and it isn't forthcoming. Make no mistake when ST renewal time comes around that is exactly what will happen. A 25-30% drop in sales isn't likely to be too wide off the mark. When things go wrong at Hibs the default position often appears to be apathy rather than anger. We sleepwalked into relegation with barely a whimper until our fate was sealed and the same traits are appearing again. Folk applauding us off the park after a Derby defeat sums it up really.

I don't have the answer either. I still think a coordinated late arrival would send a clear message though. If even 4 or 5K refused to take their seats for say 5 minutes at the start of a game then all arrived en masse singing loudly it would be a 'this is what you could have' type message. Chances of it happening are close to zero though.

Rather than a late arrival protest . I think if everyone stood at their seats and faced away from the pitch , say for 5 mins , would make a better statement about the fans apathy towards what’s happening to our club .

Hibbyradge
20-10-2019, 01:37 PM
If St Johnstone win 3-0 and we lose 0-2, we'll be bottom.

I don't think there'll be any need for a discussion about how to show our displeasure if that happens. :protest:

truehibernian
20-10-2019, 01:38 PM

It's astonishing Matty but there are many areas of the club that are under performing.

We've had Boyle, Daz, Whittaker and SDG out injured for ages yet we have had no interviews, no updates, no 'captain's contribution' to the season so far., no battle cries, nothing - not a peep.

We have no connection to the new players because media-wise we only hear them at press conferences or after a game. There appears to be no united front. Previously you knew through media content and little films that the squad was well bonded, had some character (and characters) - LD is uncharacteristically quiet and not as vocal or exuding confidence, nor is the new owner being clear about the way forward - one of the main reasons we were successful was great communication, clear and concise planning, and a vision we all bought into because it was communicated well.

Everyone at the club needs to step up, but more importantly we need to hear from them - silence breeds resentment which breeds apathy. I honestly don't know if this new squad has character because we don't see it off the pitch.

Show them re-runs of the Hamilton play-off at ER over and over again - that'll remind them of where we are heading and how hard we all had to come together to get strong again - that alone should be enough for many to step up, or step aside.

silverhibee
20-10-2019, 01:57 PM
Banners at EM & ER tomorrow morning letting manager Leeann & players know it's not good enough and a change is needed regards the manager.

Joe6-2
20-10-2019, 02:06 PM
How the hell can the board not see what everyone else is seeing?

Will it really cost us too much to get rid? I mean, that’s the only reason he’s still here right?

They can’t be thinking he will turn it round, that would just be mental on their part.

It’s going to cost us a lot more if he stays

Squirrel 1875
20-10-2019, 02:13 PM

Would 100% back this. Get the Facebook pages etc on the case. This needs to happen, he should have been sacked ages ago.

makaveli1875
20-10-2019, 02:58 PM
He's back to being Paul Secondbottom . After all that improvement and corner turning 9 games in and Secondbottom with -10 goal difference . He's had his chance to turn it around and were no further forward . Goodbye Paul

Ellahappyhibee
20-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Organised late arrival good option or mass walkout with 10 mins to go regardless of reulst at that time. As others have said we are powerless, and changing manager is only option to improve team. But Leanne is culpable for much of this mess: PH appointment, extended contract to injury prone David Gray and MAcGregor I know there is a coaching role too), Head of dept who can't negotiate sponsorship. Maybe we all sing Sack the Board as well as Sack the Manger

Borderhibbie76
20-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Leeann made very good decisions and appointments and her hard work and energy behind the scenes and 'front facing' is enough for me to say she is a valuable asset and one of our most important 'signings' in recent years. Her stock is still high with me - but I agree, she needs now to show strong leadership and re-evaluate the path the club is on - top to bottom.Why out of interest is her stock still high?? Shes overseen the Lennon mess and now the Hecky debacle and she seems unwilling to sack him??

So I am dying to hear why u think her stock is so high?? She is treating us fans...the paying customers with nothing but silent contempt

Borderhibbie76
20-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Where I’m atAnd me

Paisley Hibby
21-10-2019, 07:26 AM

Brilliant 😂

Forza Fred
21-10-2019, 07:53 AM
Where I’m at

Good.

Should result in less negative posts on this forum then😉

Greenworld
21-10-2019, 08:19 AM

That said, they can surely recognise that the appointment of Heckingbottom, and the waste of the transfer budget on players who are in the main just not good enough, were serious mistakes, and that swift action needs to be taken now to stop the rot.Whilst I do not believe any board not want success on the pitch I understand your sentiment.

LD according to ex employees can be quite difficult to work with .
She has in my opinion failed in many of the the things she set out to do .

The famous five stand was to be completely given over to the NHS with hibs befitting with the income not happened.

The food outlets were going to be much better this season after loads of complaints not happened.

The entrance gate upgrade a big failure.

A botched dealing with Neil Lennon followed by a botched appointment of our current manager.

So LD has to shoulder the blame for this she no longer has the Tache breathing down her neck the club and as many have noticed there is a silence hanging over the club something is far from right.

A couple of new jobs were advertised does anyone know if they have been filled?

There is no time to wait on the chance of Heckingbottom turning things round action is needed today and I have emailed LD yesterday saying the very same thing.

Not that I will hold my breath

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Clarence
21-10-2019, 08:29 AM
He is undoubtedly our Cathro. Thinks you can management is all methodology rather than people skills. Plays games in theory rather than seeing obvious problems that are in front of his nose.

angus hibby
21-10-2019, 09:25 AM
He is undoubtedly our Cathro. Thinks you can management is all methodology rather than people skills. Plays games in theory rather than seeing obvious problems that are in front of his nose.

PH may have faults but he's nowhere near being "our Cathro". Cathro came across like a rabbit in the headlights when dealing with media and PH comes across well when being interviewed. You may not agree with what he is saying but he doesnt get flustered like Cathro did.

Steven79
21-10-2019, 09:31 AM
PH may have faults but he's nowhere near being "our Cathro". Cathro came across like a rabbit in the headlights when dealing with media and PH comes across well when being interviewed. You may not agree with what he is saying but he doesnt get flustered like Cathro did.

So he's better at bull**** than Cathro?

we are hibs
21-10-2019, 10:01 AM

Do not and have never got this myth that Heckingbottom comes across well. He drones on.

Liberal Hibby
21-10-2019, 10:41 AM

The fact he interviews better than Cathro isn't the point though. It's the fact that they both appear to have a huge theoretical knowledge of the game (backed up by various qualifications) but no skill or ability to transmit it to the players they are in charge of nor do either appear to be able to instil confidence or motivate them.

The parallel is apt in my view.

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 10:42 AM

He doesn’t come across well at all. It’s a part of the bigger issue.

Allant1981
21-10-2019, 10:51 AM
He doesn’t come across well at all. It’s a part of the bigger issue.

To be fair, looks like he has always been like that, watched an interview when he was at Barnsley and he was the exact same

Unseen work
21-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Why is he still here?!

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 11:40 AM
To be fair, looks like he has always been like that, watched an interview when he was at Barnsley and he was the exact same

He did walk out on Barnsley a week after signing a new deal so he probably did think he was better than them in that case.

Steven79
21-10-2019, 04:09 PM
He did walk out on Barnsley a week after signing a new deal so he probably did think he was better than them in that case.

And he was a Barnsley fan as well.

Hopefully he will the same with us...

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Do not and have never got this myth that Heckingbottom comes across well. He drones on.
Exactly, he's a slaver.

B.H.F.C
21-10-2019, 04:53 PM

Loads of generic nonsense whenever he does an interview. Boring.

angus hibby
21-10-2019, 05:12 PM

I remember in his first few interviews and folk on here were commenting how he was like Mowbray & Stubbs in interviews and came across well. He speaks exactly the same now but because results aren’t great, it’s another excuse to have a go at him. If we were winning, he’d be exactly the same and nobody would be bothering about his “droning on”.

Hecky, Stubbs and Mowbray aren’t the most excitable & controversial when dealing with the media, but they all get their point over clearly and don’t get flustered. That was my point in saying he’s not like Cathro in that regard.

Ardenttwo
21-10-2019, 05:17 PM

Same here

WhileTheChief..
21-10-2019, 05:22 PM
I remember in his first few interviews and folk on here were commenting how he was like Mowbray & Stubbs in interviews and came across well. He speaks exactly the same now but because results aren’t great, it’s another excuse to have a go at him. If we were winning, he’d be exactly the same and nobody would be bothering about his “droning on”.

Hecky, Stubbs and Mowbray aren’t the most excitable & controversial when dealing with the media, but they all get their point over clearly and don’t get flustered. That was my point in saying he’s not like Cathro in that regard.

Nah, I thought he was tube from his first interview and nothing has changed my mind since.

He hasn’t got a clue.

BoomtownHibees
21-10-2019, 05:38 PM
He’s full of words and phrases he has read in a coaching manual which he thinks makes him come across as clever

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 05:40 PM

I could listen to Tony Mowbray talk football for hours and hours and totally enjoy it.

Robbo6-2
21-10-2019, 09:59 PM
How is he still in a job today.

Genuinely gutted no announcement made today, means we are stuck with him for at least another week

California-Hibs
22-10-2019, 01:28 AM
If we don't win against Ross County this Saturday I think that'll be that and he'll be off.

Clarence
22-10-2019, 01:29 AM
If we don't win against Ross County this Saturday I think that'll be that and he'll be off.

I can’t see him being sacked for a draw.

California-Hibs
22-10-2019, 02:59 AM

Yeah maybe I should have clarified because I think you're right. If we lose that will surely be that..

Stuart93
22-10-2019, 04:57 AM

Why not? After the run we’re on a draw at home to Ross county is a sackable offence. An absolute must win game, mind you we’ve been saying that for weeks now.

Clarence
22-10-2019, 05:14 AM
Why not? After the run we’re on a draw at home to Ross county is a sackable offence. An absolute must win game, mind you we’ve been saying that for weeks now.

Should be but I don’t think the board will see it that way

Gloucester Hibs
22-10-2019, 06:23 AM
Should be but I don’t think the board will see it that way

Agreed. Then us fans will once again readjust our expectations to “anything less than a win v Livi and he has to go”. He should’ve gone weeks ago.

Speedway
22-10-2019, 05:38 PM

I was amongst the first abused on here for calling for his head and the fact he's still here casts disgrace on all involved at the club.

However bad he is though, he is not as bad as THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0juSJ6f3X24

Unfortunately CH, we say that every week, yet we don't win and he's still here taking us down the table.

Onion
22-10-2019, 05:51 PM

Far and away the least interesting, informative or inspiring manager we've had since Calderdud. Personally, can't listen to him - life's too short, you learn the square root of zero and every utterance just reinforces why we need to get shot of him. You're left wondering what he said to Dempster that impressed her enough to give him a job.

makaveli1875
22-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Far and away the least interesting, informative or inspiring manager we've had since Calderdud. Personally, can't listen to him - life's too short, you learn the square root of zero and every utterance just reinforces why we need to get shot of him. You're left wondering what he said to Dempster that impressed her enough to give him a job.

High press , attacking football , fitness levels you've never seen before .

Keith_M
22-10-2019, 06:03 PM
I was amongst the first abused on here for calling for his head and the fact he's still here casts disgrace on all involved at the club..

But now you have the pleasure of telling everybody "I told you so!"

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2019, 06:09 PM
I was amongst the first abused on here for calling for his head and the fact he's still here casts disgrace on all involved at the club.

However bad he is though, he is not as bad as THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0juSJ6f3X24

Unfortunately CH, we say that every week, yet we don't win and he's still here taking us down the table.

Aye but you weren't the first to want Lennon out, so you can be seen to want secondbottom punted.

The 90+2
22-10-2019, 06:10 PM

I don’t think anyone actually wanted that. It’s far too far gone to gloat about telling anyone so.

Speedway
22-10-2019, 06:22 PM

So be sure to listen next time :wink:

Aye but you weren't the first to want Lennon out, so you can be seen to want secondbottom punted.

Can I be the first to want Lennon back in?

I don’t think anyone actually wanted that. It’s far too far gone to gloat about telling anyone so.

Sadly, that's very true. A poster used the term 'sleepwalking' after the Accies game and that's certainly how it feels.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2019, 06:24 PM
So be sure to listen next time :wink:

Can I be the first to want Lennon back in?

Sadly, that's very true. A poster used the term 'sleepwalking' after the Accies game and that's certainly how it feels.

:greengrin . #squirm

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 06:29 PM
As I said on another thread.

If enough of us turned up to EM on Monday morning and never let him in the building, there'd be skidders in his pants and he'd walk.

Or the club would correctly phone the police and everyone involved would be dealt with.

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 06:35 PM

Can you explain why he is an impostor? He isn't an impostor at all, he just isn't very good at his job.

Is that what you tell yourself instead of admitting you only really support Hibs when times are good?

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 06:36 PM

Nothing like Cathro. You actually think he could ever win a derby away from home?

SickBoy32
22-10-2019, 06:42 PM
ST holder and I have also not been back since the derby, think it's unfair to call out fans for refusing to attend under this clown.

Arguably doing more for the good of the club by staying away, than they would be by continuing to turn up to watch the mob he has turned us into.

An empty ER at 3pm on Saturday would do the trick, make no mistake about that.

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2019, 06:56 PM
ST holder and I have also not been back since the derby, think it's unfair to call out fans for refusing to attend under this clown.

Arguably doing more for the good of the club by staying away, than they would be by continuing to turn up to watch the mob he has turned us into.

An empty ER at 3pm on Saturday would do the trick, make no mistake about that.

Why is he a clown? He just isn't very good at his job, nothing more. Definitely not doing good for the club by abandoning them when the times get tough. Why should the players perform and the manager bother when you don't?

B.H.F.C
22-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Why is he a clown? He just isn't very good at his job, nothing more. Definitely not doing good for the club by abandoning them when the times get tough. Why should the players perform and the manager bother when you don't?

Because they get paid for the privilege, rather than have to pay for it. And they’re professionals.

Watching this garbage, I wouldn’t blame anybody for ‘not bothering’.

SickBoy32
22-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Have supported us through tough times in the past, and will do again in the future. Our current situation is that bad, outcome so obvious - that it's just farcical now.

To be honest, I don't want the manager to bother doing anything. I just want the board to stop being negligent/deluded/both and act in the best interest of the club.

Weir07
22-10-2019, 07:41 PM
Watched Hibs for 40 odd years and the majority of managers we've had have been poor to average but I haven't seen such an adverse reaction to a manager so early in his Hibs career that Paul Heckingbottom is currently experiencing. Maybe our expectations have been raised but I think the criticism is over the top, it's a game of fine margins and we could have got more points from four or five games this season. I'm not convinced that changing the manager at this stage will make a big difference. Unless it really goes South, I'd give the manager two full rounds of fixtures before contemplating a replacement. Don't think the football is that bad, just lacking a bit of confidence.

Nicho87
22-10-2019, 08:04 PM
If Ross county win we will be 8 points behind them. 8

Should and rightfully be sacked.

I almost think winning an ugly one nil is just prolonging the inevitable. How bad does it have to get because it’s only one place getting any worse. Should be sacked a month ago.

B.H.F.C
22-10-2019, 08:08 PM
If Ross county win we will be 8 points behind them. 8

Should and rightfully be sacked.

I almost think winning an ugly one nil is just prolonging the inevitable. How bad does it have to get because it’s only one place getting any worse. Should be sacked a month ago.

That’s where I am.

I actually think we’ll get a win on Saturday. But long term it’s done. Even if we get beat, they’re not going to act and I think that’s what makes me feel even worse.

Hibees1973
22-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Always thought that when Dempster punted Lennon we would regret it. This blow is only softened by the fact that Lennon would have jumped ship anyway when the Celtic job came up.

Must admit I am undecided about Heckingbottom. Given our history, we are due a couple of lean years after the last 2 or 3 went well. The difference this time however is that Hibs as a club are stable, financially secure and well run. In the past a struggling Hibs team tended to go hand in hand with turmoil at board level and a shortage of cash.

This gives me optimism that we can get out of this rut. This is dependent though on the next two home games when wins are a must. Can see things getting ugly if we go behind on Saturday. 4 points from the next two home games, which will keep us off bottom spot allied to at least pushing Celtic close in the semi will keep Heckingbottom in his job. Anything less than this with Hibs being bottom of the table will see him go...he will deserve the sack it if this happens.

This could lead to a domino effect at the club. Gordon taking a more active role, Dempster leaving, coaching staff leaving and wholesale changes with the playing staff. All very expensive.

This probable sequence of events is all dependent on the next 3 games which could have a lasting effect on the club for a years.

Wilson
23-10-2019, 11:17 AM
Always thought that when Dempster punted Lennon we would regret it. This blow is only softened by the fact that Lennon would have jumped ship anyway when the Celtic job came up.

Must admit I am undecided about Heckingbottom. Given our history, we are due a couple of lean years after the last 2 or 3 went well. The difference this time however is that Hibs as a club are stable, financially secure and well run. In the past a struggling Hibs team tended to go hand in hand with turmoil at board level and a shortage of cash.

This gives me optimism that we can get out of this rut. This is dependent though on the next two home games when wins are a must. Can see things getting ugly if we go behind on Saturday. 4 points from the next two home games, which will keep us off bottom spot allied to at least pushing Celtic close in the semi will keep Heckingbottom in his job. Anything less than this with Hibs being bottom of the table will see him go...he will deserve the sack it if this happens.

This could lead to a domino effect at the club. Gordon taking a more active role, Dempster leaving, coaching staff leaving and wholesale changes with the playing staff. All very expensive.

This probable sequence of events is all dependent on the next 3 games which could have a lasting effect on the club for a years.

When Lennon left there is always a chance we'd regret it. Appointing any new management team has it's risks. LD has a good record of appointing coaches though so I was optimistic.

I don't buy into this given our history and lean years stuff. The squad Lennon left was a good squad that was underperforming. The club were backed in numbers of fans and financially. We were in a good place to progress.

The reason we haven't, for me, is because we appointed a poor head coach and recruited badly. That is it. There is cost involved in fixing that but greater cost in letting it continue.

Mutually consenting Dempster might be chucking the baby out with the bathwater at this point. Many will argue that she deserves the chance to correct one bad appointment. However, her rep was built on strong, visible, and positive leadership. We're not seeing any of that now.

Change is required. At the very least in terms of the head coach but perhaps more than that.

lucky
23-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Watched Hibs for 40 odd years and the majority of managers we've had have been poor to average but I haven't seen such an adverse reaction to a manager so early in his Hibs career that Paul Heckingbottom is currently experiencing. Maybe our expectations have been raised but I think the criticism is over the top, it's a game of fine margins and we could have got more points from four or five games this season. I'm not convinced that changing the manager at this stage will make a big difference. Unless it really goes South, I'd give the manager two full rounds of fixtures before contemplating a replacement. Don't think the football is that bad, just lacking a bit of confidence.

How much further South can it go? We are second bottom of the league playing awful dreary football. If PH is still here after 22 games we will be relegated regardless of who comes in as we will be miles away from safety

The 90+2
23-10-2019, 03:07 PM
How much further South can it go? We are second bottom of the league playing awful dreary football. If PH is still here after 22 games we will be relegated regardless of who comes in as we will be miles away from safety

That’s the fear. Other sides will be able to grind out results and three points, we can’t hold on to three points, ever. Even St Mirren almost equalised, Morton about three times, Stirling Albion ffs.

H18S NX
23-10-2019, 03:36 PM
Can you explain why he is an impostor? He isn't an impostor at all, he just isn't very good at his job.

Is that what you tell yourself instead of admitting you only really support Hibs when times are good?....I have been supporting Hibs for 63 yrs now,i have suffered the highs and lows of supporting them,good and bad,but this man came in and spouted this and that,none of which has come to fruition,so for me,the man should go,and go now,and as for me only supporting Hibs when they are winning,that is bull####,it's the way the man has us playing that's made me turn away just now,not Hibs.I will be back when we have a new manager in place,if that's ok with you.

The 90+2
23-10-2019, 03:39 PM
....I have been supporting Hibs for 63 yrs now,i have suffered the highs and lows of supporting them,good and bad,but this man came in and spouted this and that,none of which has come to fruition,so for me,the man should go,and go now,and as for me only supporting Hibs when they are winning,that is bull####,it's the way the man has us playing that's made me turn away just now,not Hibs.I will be back when we have a new manager in place,if that's ok with you.

A perfect description of an imposter to be honest.

It’s like Yogi but a lot of us excused Yogi because it was the job of his dreams and maybe what he talked was different to what he set his teams out to do, without forgetting he had to sell Stokes and Bamba. Hecky has improvised someone who was going to come to our club and do all sorts. In reality we can’t bear ****ing Hamilton and sit second bottom.

pacoluna
23-10-2019, 04:59 PM
....I have been supporting Hibs for 63 yrs now,i have suffered the highs and lows of supporting them,good and bad,but this man came in and spouted this and that,none of which has come to fruition,so for me,the man should go,and go now,and as for me only supporting Hibs when they are winning,that is bull####,it's the way the man has us playing that's made me turn away just now,not Hibs.I will be back when we have a new manager in place,if that's ok with you.

So 63 years minus the years we have been ***** is how long you've supported hibs.

mcfly
23-10-2019, 05:06 PM
Plenty talk on here of wanting Heckingbottom out but I’ve not heard anything said at Easter road during games yet.

Total apathy and a non existent atmosphere.

If you want him out your have to let the board know in no uncertain terms.

We are just going along accepting boring football, leaving the ground and then moaning on these pages.

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2019, 05:23 PM

One of those guys who supports Hibs through thick and thin except if he doesn't like the manager or the team isn't playing the way he wants or its a bit too cold etc etc. You'll be back when we're winning every week, not when we have a new manager.

The 90+2
23-10-2019, 05:34 PM
One of those guys who supports Hibs through thick and thin except if he doesn't like the manager or the team isn't playing the way he wants or its a bit too cold etc etc. You'll be back when we're winning every week, not when we have a new manager.

We aren’t going to start winning every week without a new manager though. So he will be back when we have a new manager.

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2019, 05:39 PM
We aren’t going to start winning every week without a new manager though. So he will be back when we have a new manager.

Thats not really a fact though. Its unlikely but physically possible that he turns it around. Same patter as the ''wont be back till Petrie is gone''. Some folk just love a winning Hibs.

BoomtownHibees
23-10-2019, 09:23 PM

I honestly can’t believe that anybody who watches us or has watched us this season thinks the football “isn’t that bad” and that it’s all down to a lack of confidence.

Equally I have no idea why anybody would want to give the current manager 2 full rounds of fixtures based on how he has performed to date.

I know it’s all about opinions but FFS

Hibernian32
23-10-2019, 09:27 PM
Or the club would correctly phone the police and everyone involved would be dealt with.

Your a big jaggy joabie

Weir07
23-10-2019, 10:07 PM
I honestly can’t believe that anybody who watches us or has watched us this season thinks the football “isn’t that bad” and that it’s all down to a lack of confidence.

Equally I have no idea why anybody would want to give the current manager 2 full rounds of fixtures based on how he has performed to date.

I know it’s all about opinions but FFS

Just say what I see, I've seen some poor teams and managers since I've followed Hibs, majority of Miller's reign, Jocky Scott, Duffy (sure we lost 9 in a row), Williamson, Fenlon, Mixu, Calderwood and Butcher. I honestly don't see this current manager and team any worse than them. Appreciate we shouldn't judge our standards by the worst but the reaction that Heckingbottom is getting isn't proportionate. Apart from the Celtic game, which I enjoyed, I think we've been the better team for all our home games. If you look back through history, teams that chop and change their manager rarely improve and end up on a downward spiral. Think there's been enough in the last four games, to have a bit of optimism. Two huge games coming up that could define our season. Let's offer our support and see what happens, frankly the negativity and vitriol on this forum is draining.

Captain Trips
23-10-2019, 10:36 PM
Just say what I see, I've seen some poor teams and managers since I've followed Hibs, majority of Miller's reign, Jocky Scott, Duffy (sure we lost 9 in a row), Williamson, Fenlon, Mixu, Calderwood and Butcher. I honestly don't see this current manager and team any worse than them. Appreciate we shouldn't judge our standards by the worst but the reaction that Heckingbottom is getting isn't proportionate. Apart from the Celtic game, which I enjoyed, I think we've been the better team for all our home games. If you look back through history, teams that chop and change their manager rarely improve and end up on a downward spiral. Think there's been enough in the last four games, to have a bit of optimism. Two huge games coming up that could define our season. Let's offer our support and see what happens, frankly the negativity and vitriol on this forum is draining.

The problem is most of those managers would have loved the opportunity afforded to PH in terms of facilities and budgets and squad inherited.

PH has no excuse at all to be 11th on -10 GD. PH has screwed this up monumentally.

matty_f
24-10-2019, 07:28 AM
That’s the fear. Other sides will be able to grind out results and three points, we can’t hold on to three points, ever. Even St Mirren almost equalised, Morton about three times, Stirling Albion ffs.

Without taking away from the state we're in (which is a disgrace), where's the evidence of these other sides pulling away?

St Johnstone are in a worse state than us and are 3 points behind us, Hamilton and St Mirren (neither of whom have taken full points from us) are 2 and 1 points ahead respectively.

We're right to be concerned and we're right to consider relegation as a possibility if form continues the way it has been, but we should be realistic about the capabilities of the teams around us as well.

bingo70
24-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Without taking away from the state we're in (which is a disgrace), where's the evidence of these other sides pulling away?

St Johnstone are in a worse state than us and are 3 points behind us, Hamilton and St Mirren (neither of whom have taken full points from us) are 2 and 1 points ahead respectively.

We're right to be concerned and we're right to consider relegation as a possibility if form continues the way it has been, but we should be realistic about the capabilities of the teams around us as well.

St Johnstone always find a bit form sooner or later. Obviously no guarantee that’ll happen again this year but imo it a fair enough assumption given how long Tommy Wright has done it with them.

Agree about the other two, they’ll be there or there shouts the relegation places at the end of the season, hopefully we’re not with them.

angus hibby
24-10-2019, 08:09 AM

Excellent post, well said 👍

JimBHibees
24-10-2019, 08:17 AM
St Johnstone always find a bit form sooner or later. Obviously no guarantee that’ll happen again this year but imo it a fair enough assumption given how long Tommy Wright has done it with them.

Agree about the other two, they’ll be there or there shouts the relegation places at the end of the season, hopefully we’re not with them.

I am actually surprised how poorly they are doing as they on the face of it seem to have a very decent squad. Look like defensively they aren't as good as they could be with Oshaunessy missing assume injured and their left back isn't a great defender. Wright will sort that imo. No way imo they will be near getting relegated.

The 90+2
24-10-2019, 10:11 AM

St Mirren won on Saturday and I think they will improve. Hamilton are known for pulling out results randomly over the seasons and St Johnstone have a very experienced manager. My concern is we don’t know how to win or see out games.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2019, 10:15 AM
St Mirren won on Saturday and I think they will improve. Hamilton are known for pulling out results randomly over the seasons and St Johnstone have a very experienced manager. My concern is we don’t know how to win or see out games.

I think we will probably do enough to get ourselves out of trouble and wont be relegated, although i do remember thinking this before and been wrong 3 times.

There surely has to be 2 sides worse than us, although it is hard to get out of a rut, and i'm hoping once we do get rid of this one, a new manger will surely have to do better with whats is available and with what he will bring in.

The 90+2
24-10-2019, 10:17 AM
I think we will probably do enough to get ourselves out of trouble and wont be relegated, although i do remember thinking this before and been wrong 3 times.

There surely has to be 2 sides worse than us, although it is hard to get out of a rut, and i'm hoping once we do get rid of this one, a new manger will surely have to do better with whats is available and with what he will bring in.

Yeah me too. It’s the being wrong before part which is the worry. It’s ridiculous it’s come to this.

Right now, with current manager in place I haven’t seen a team that we are “much” better than. Even if we are better than a couple of teams we seem soft as ****. New manager, let the players play in a system that works best with their abilities and I think that changes and we finish away from danger but not too six.

Barman Stanton
24-10-2019, 10:19 AM

Problem being that those teams are used to scrapping for points. I don't see many leaders or fighters in our team. I fear we may be in worse trouble than some realise. We need to start winning games and fast.

H18S NX
24-10-2019, 10:37 AM
i think we will probably do enough to get ourselves out of trouble and wont be relegated, although i do remember thinking this before and been wrong 3 times.

There surely has to be 2 sides worse than us, although it is hard to get out of a rut, and i'm hoping once we do get rid of this one, a new manger will surely have to do better with whats is available and with what he will bring in.,,,that's where i am at.

Paisley Hibby
25-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Well said. I've supported Hibs for nearly as long as you and feel exactly the same. I'll be there tomorrow but it feels like an absolute chore. Unless things change quickly I'll be one of thousands voting with my feet.

hibeerealist
25-10-2019, 08:35 PM

Opinions eh!!!

I am concerned that someone with your outlook is running our club, two full rounds of fixtures - he has had that when you take account of last season so you really want to give him three rounds of fixtures!!??

How long will it take those of us who don’t want him out now to reach the conclusion he needs to go?

Until relegated, again I fear.

hibeerealist
25-10-2019, 08:45 PM
I
The problem is most of those managers would have loved the opportunity afforded to PH in terms of facilities and budgets and squad inherited.

PH has no excuse at all to be 11th on -10 GD. PH has screwed this up monumentally.

Agreed CT compare like for like and our current manager is failing miserably, I really cannot understand the happy clappers who point a finger and call us disloyal for wanting this guy out!

He has a HUGE opportunity at Hibs, got most of his signings in early - promised us fitness levels never known and high press and.........- week in week out excuses. Watching us play is dire and some/most of his signings contribute to this as well as his tactics/formations/selections.

Bob Box Fish
26-10-2019, 04:52 PM
Surprised there was no protest after the game today. Apart from about fifty of us who stayed behind after the derby defeat to vent our frustrations outside the west stand nobody seems bothered. Tapping away on a keyboard behind a computer and moaning won’t get rid of the man.