PDA

View Full Version : Strip clash

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 08:04 PM
Did anyone else think the strips clashed today or just me?

Iggy Pope
19-10-2019, 08:05 PM

Looked all right to me but the protective net was making vision difficult anyway.
For what it’s worth, I like the grey kit.

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 08:14 PM

Agreed.

Why didn’t we play purple or even green?

Grey and white were too similar.

Another stupid decision by someone.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2019, 08:17 PM
The ref has to sign the proposed strips off midweek.

Not sure how he agreed to that.

calumhibee1
19-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Makes you wonder why we have a purple kit when it wasn’t used today.

There would be less of a clash if us and Celtic wore our home kits.

basehibby
19-10-2019, 08:21 PM
This happens a lot - kind of defeats the purpose of a change strip when it looks more like the other teams kit than your normal one. Lack of professionalism on someone's part.

PaulSmith
19-10-2019, 08:37 PM
The very thing that this is a discussion tells you all ya need to know. Should never ever happen at the top level of Scottish football.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Looked all right to me but the protective net was making vision difficult anyway.
For what it’s worth, I like the grey kit.

I saw a few people mention a kit clash on the match thread today but I must be honest I didn't see anything wrong myself. One was grey and the other was red and white.

Carheenlea
19-10-2019, 08:44 PM
Could see as soon as the teams came out that there was an obvious clash of strip. I assumed the third strip was for when there was a clash with the away strip, which there wasn't and the purple one should have been used if we were not to wear our proper kit, which again would have been less of a clash. I`m a bit colour blind with reds, so when the play was up the other end the players just all blended into one making the game an even duller spectacle than it actually was for me.

CMurdoch
19-10-2019, 08:46 PM

Yeah, white against grey was madness and made for a difficult watch especially in the second half for us poor sods stuck behind the goals. I hate watching from there at the best of times but today was uber pish.

Hibeewilly
19-10-2019, 08:53 PM
I know its all about money but can we not just wear the green and white in as many away games as possible.....I think the grey kit is gash

Helensburghhibs
20-10-2019, 09:19 AM
At the game it was definately an issue. Hamiltons plain white against our grey was a ludicrous decision by someone.

BoomtownHibees
20-10-2019, 09:31 AM
At the game it was definately an issue. Hamiltons plain white against our grey was a ludicrous decision by someone.

They didn’t have plain white, other than the back of the strip which meant it was fine if the players were facing you 😂

Helensburghhibs
20-10-2019, 01:08 PM
They didn’t have plain white, other than the back of the strip which meant it was fine if the players were facing you 😂

Which is more often than not when watching a game from behind the goals I'd guess lol. Maybe I'm in the minority but at the game I struggled on a few occasions

greenlad
20-10-2019, 01:29 PM

Didn't see a problem yesterday but I am colour blind and its been brutal for me in the past when St Johnstone, Raith, Dundee etc have added white sleeves for no apparent reason. Remember it once with Stirling Albion as well.

Sure there was a game at Falkirk about 10 years ago when Van Zanten picked out the Hibs winger with a 50 yard diagonal pass. It was only when the crowd groaned I realised it wasn't the Hibs winger but was the Falkirk fullback. Maybe he was colour blind too!