PDA

View Full Version : Season so far thoughts! ⚽️🇳🇬

munchar
19-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Should Hecky stay or go? Are his signings good enough? Have we replaced players like for like? Are players still settling in?

I’ve never been one for booing players & screaming at managers. I think anyone who comes into our club, players, managers or coaches, all need a decent amount of time to find their feet. How long that is, that’s the million dollar question.

My thoughts so far:
Hecky took over & got an instant reaction from players, as normally happens at every club when players are trying to impress, then we had an end of season slump. Hecky identified the players he wanted & was backed by the board. After watching early league cup games, it seemed to me that he’s maybe underestimated the quality of player needed for our league. His signings looked average at best, although they still needed time to settle in. Since then it looks like he’s not sure if his best team. Trying lots of things out, again, understandable when he’s looking for the balance of the team. He’s let 2 solid players in Bartley & Milligan leave. It looked like he was implementing a different style of football, but then signs players like Vela who arguably isn’t better then the boys that left. Watching games since, especially the Hearts game, I never felt we were in control. In fact I’ve never felt that in any game this season.
A massive improvement in performance against Celtic, & but for missed chances against Aberdeen, would’ve collected a fantastic 3 points. Today’s game, I thought we looked really good first half. The movement and quickness of pass was very impressive. However, as has happened so often this season, for some reason, we took our foot of the gas when we should’ve finished the game off.
Is this the managers tactics, are some players under performing, or maybe a bit of both?
The feeling 2nd half, was we should’ve went 2 up top, & also played through the middle of midfield. We became to predictable. Going side to side. Lewis, who is a great servant, doesn’t offer enough going forward for me. Constantly negative sideways or back passes.
On the positive side, we’re 4 games unbeaten, 1 against the champions, 2 away draws & an away cup victory. Semi final to look forward to, so not all doom and gloom.
I say it’s to early to start panicking. Get behind the team.
Thoughts? ⚽️🇳🇬

FifeHibs
19-10-2019, 07:53 PM
Salvage it by sacking Hecky and punting Vela, Doige, Jackson, Horgan and James forgot to add Naismith

Sir David Gray
19-10-2019, 07:57 PM
Should Hecky stay or go? Are his signings good enough? Have we replaced players like for like? Are players still settling in?

I’ve never been one for booing players & screaming at managers. I think anyone who comes into our club, players, managers or coaches, all need a decent amount of time to find their feet. How long that is, that’s the million dollar question.

My thoughts so far:
Hecky took over & got an instant reaction from players, as normally happens at every club when players are trying to impress, then we had an end of season slump. Hecky identified the players he wanted & was backed by the board. After watching early league cup games, it seemed to me that he’s maybe underestimated the quality of player needed for our league. His signings looked average at best, although they still needed time to settle in. Since then it looks like he’s not sure if his best team. Trying lots of things out, again, understandable when he’s looking for the balance of the team. He’s let 2 solid players in Bartley & Milligan leave. It looked like he was implementing a different style of football, but then signs players like Vela who arguably isn’t better then the boys that left. Watching games since, especially the Hearts game, I never felt we were in control. In fact I’ve never felt that in any game this season.
A massive improvement in performance against Celtic, & but for missed chances against Aberdeen, would’ve collected a fantastic 3 points. Today’s game, I thought we looked really good first half. The movement and quickness of pass was very impressive. However, as has happened so often this season, for some reason, we took our foot of the gas when we should’ve finished the game off.
Is this the managers tactics, are some players under performing, or maybe a bit of both?
The feeling 2nd half, was we should’ve went 2 up top, & also played through the middle of midfield. We became to predictable. Going side to side. Lewis, who is a great servant, doesn’t offer enough going forward for me. Constantly negative sideways or back passes.
On the positive side, we’re 4 games unbeaten, 1 against the champions, 2 away draws & an away cup victory. Semi final to look forward to, so not all doom and gloom.
Thoughts? ⚽️����

My thoughts are that we are on course to pick up 29 points for the full season if our present points per game ratio continues.

In most of the recent seasons gone by that points total would see us get relegated.

If now's not the time to panic then when is? Do we need to be preparing for a relegation decider against St Mirren before we start worrying?

Make no mistake, we are candidates for relegation as things stand.

Spike Mandela
19-10-2019, 07:59 PM
7 points from 27. Grim stuff.

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 08:05 PM
Thoughts so far (printable) is 7 points from 27 or so is just not good enough, we need change.

truehibernian
19-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Whole club is devoid of energy, creativity, ideas, passion, and drive - sinking below the waterline with no lifebelt in sight. There's a complete lack of character around every department - soulless.

That's how I feel about Hibernian at the moment - they've regressed back to 2013 in a few short months which is absolutely criminal.

The Harp Awakes
19-10-2019, 08:57 PM

My thoughts so far:
Thoughts? ⚽️🇳🇬

I too have never been one for booing players and screaming at Managers at games.

I also appreciate your well written and honest post, and I admire your optimism, but I'm sorry to say that such acceptance of mediocrity is the reason Hibs have underachieved so much over the years.

Get behind the team - I have always done this and will do so in every game I attend this season. However, surely you can see that this is not just a dip in performance which we are miraculously going to come out of? It just aint going to happen unless there is a change in Head Coach.

Nicho87
19-10-2019, 09:02 PM
We all know this isn’t going to last long term so I just don’t understand what Gordon, dempster are waiting on. The marketing team are bound to see forums, social media and know he has completely lost the fans. Why delay the inevitable. Lose him now and give us a fighting chance to do something in the league. Failure to do so will lose a few fans for next season i fear.