PDA

View Full Version : "Football was fantastic"

timewilltell
19-10-2019, 06:54 PM
"Football was fantastic"..... so says the Manager.

All good then...

truehibernian
19-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Hope he was selected for a urine sample after the game in that case :aok: might be our only hope in binning him :greengrin

penihibs
19-10-2019, 10:55 PM

All good then...

Think he must have been in Hospitality in the stand today,what a shammy leather.

FilipinoHibs
20-10-2019, 12:27 AM
Consistent with Hibs TV commentary

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2019, 01:33 AM
I hate to say it but I think we’ve appointed a fully fledged ****er.

Borderhibbie76
20-10-2019, 06:32 AM
I hate to say it but I think we’ve appointed a fully fledged ****er.Cant even bring myself to listen to his slavering anymore..bit like I struggle to watch his teams play their negative, paceless excitement free football.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leith Green
20-10-2019, 08:12 AM
I thought first half a lot of the football was excellent. 2nd half was decent enough in spells. I actually thought we played well yesterday, the only time ive said that after a game this season. Lack of support to our one up top and the managers continued stubbornness to playing 2 strikers cost us the chance of winning in the second half yesterday. That Hamilton team are awful and we didnt chase 3 points which is the managers fault.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2019, 08:17 AM
I thought we played well in the first half but second half it was largely back to the same old pish we've been used to in recent months.

green day
20-10-2019, 08:26 AM
His post match interview was the same uninspiring pish we have seen for weeks now.

End of the first half and most of the second it was clear that Hallberg and Vela couldnt control or protect the area in front of the defence.

Horgan was mince all day and Doidge looks like he has never played professional football.

Newell and Mallan did ok, but we cant keep carrying 4 or 5 passengers each week.

Heckinbotham decision to bring on Flo with 2 minutes to go almost resulted in my laptop flying through the window.

Guys a fud, he has been outed as a fud for several weeks and the bigger issue is that Dempster and the board are not taking responsibility.

CloudSquall
20-10-2019, 08:27 AM
I hope for his sake he leaves soon because it's going to end up like the end of Mixu and Hughes' reigns when they were ridiculed beyond belief for their post match bollox week in week out.

Hibby70
20-10-2019, 08:44 AM
There's definitely been an improvement in our general play over the last few games.

However there's still a glaring hole in our finishing, character and passion. A manager should be at least capable of injecting some of that but he hasn't got it.

I think there's a decent team in there, what we need is someone in to set them up correctly and get them fired up.

Keith_M
20-10-2019, 08:46 AM
I would have described our play yesterday more as "flattered to deceive" and "lacked a cutting edge".

Yes, we dominated possession and often passed the ball around well, but what's the point if we can't score more than one goal against a really crap team and are constantly in danger of losing a one goal lead (which we did, again)?

He chose the tactics. He chose to put a big huddie (that couldn't score in a brothel) up front on his own. He signed said big huddie. He's the one that's not getting the best out of the players at his disposal, and failed to sign the type of players we're obviously missing.

If you're happy with this, Hecky, then you're not the right man for Hibs, Please just pack your bags and go somewhere you'll be appreciated; maybe the Northern Premier League, or whatever it's called now.

Hibernia&Alba
20-10-2019, 08:56 AM
Let's be honest, we are ****, which is why we have won ONE game from NINE in a poor league. Make no mistake, if Hecky stays in post we are in a relegation scrap. We have regressed so much since Stubbs and Lennon.

neil7908
20-10-2019, 09:03 AM
He's had his chance to turn it around and the 'revival' clearly isn't going anywhere.

I presume he'll get the next couple of games and possibly even the semi final. I desperately hope that's not the case but I don't see us budging on this until as late as possible.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Let's be honest, we are ****, which is why we have won ONE game from NINE in a poor league. Make no mistake, if Hecky stays in post we are in a relegation scrap. We have regressed so much since Stubbs and Lennon.

Even if he goes we're getting close to the point where we'll be in a relegation scrap regardless.

We are in big trouble this season unless some urgent action is taken.

Hibernia&Alba
20-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Even if he goes we're getting close to the point where we'll be in a relegation scrap regardless.

We are in big trouble this season unless some urgent action is taken.

I agree with you mate. We are now one-quarter way through the league season, with one win to our name. If we are sucked into a relegation fight, I don't think we have the character in the team to survive it. We need to do something now, before we have to re-live the nightmare of the last relegation. It's very worrying.

gillythehibby
20-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Completely agree with the overall sentiment on this thread. I think we’ve seen the same pattern for weeks. The team now mimicking the manager’s overall character. No way we are getting to that top 6. We all know the way this film ends. Just a pity we all have to sit through watching it till the inevitable ending 😡

Sir David Gray
20-10-2019, 09:47 AM
I agree with you mate. We are now one-quarter way through the league season, with one win to our name. If we are sucked into a relegation fight, I don't think we have the character in the team to survive it. We need to do something now, before we have to re-live the nightmare of the last relegation. It's very worrying.

It's absolutely sickening to tell you the truth.

The most galling thing for me is that these dark days were supposed to be behind us. To be back here just over 5 years after the last time is hugely negligent on the part of every single person responsible for the football side of the club and I include people who have been given massive praise over the past few years including Leeann Dempster and George Craig.

They are all currently failing in their responsibilities.

BILLYHIBS
20-10-2019, 09:49 AM

The most galling thing for me is that these dark days were supposed to be behind us. To be back here just over 5 years after the last time is hugely negligent on the part of every single person responsible for the football side of the club and I include people who have been given massive praise over the past few years including Leeann Dempster and George Craig.

This!

Nicho87
20-10-2019, 10:02 AM
He can do one and take your tweed jackets with you. What the hell are hibs doing sticking with this guy. Would love to see a poll on what current fans want, hecky out or hecky in. Seen polls on Twitter all seem to be over 90% out

yerauldda
20-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Some of the football in the first half was, there’s no arguing that. Mowbray-esque at times. Second half wasn’t as good. I hate to say it as well but Stevenson needs to be replaced. Giving him the ball allows the opposition to organise themselves, he constantly stops then passes back the way. His crossing was awful too.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Some of the football in the first half was, there’s no arguing that. Mowbray-esque at times. Second half wasn’t as good. I hate to say it as well but Stevenson needs to be replaced. Giving him the ball allows the opposition to organise themselves, he constantly stops then passes back the way. His crossing was awful too.

There were times in the second half where he had acres of space to drive in to but he was so reluctant to do it. Most experienced player in the team but not willing to take the responsibility of driving the team on.

BoomtownHibees
20-10-2019, 10:22 AM

“Mowbray-esque” 😂 Steady

Alfred E Newman
20-10-2019, 10:27 AM

You are spot on. The complacency at board and management level, and the way the club has been allowed to sink back into the dire state we were in pre relegation , is a disgrace.

The Harp
20-10-2019, 10:39 AM

Totally agree with you. I was one of those who was prepared to be patient and to give him a chance to turn things around. That's clearly not going to happen, and the board must have realised that by now. It's criminal the way they're prepared to sit back and let things deteriorate with every passing game.

The feel good factor is long gone and soon, so will the extra thousands of fans we have managed to add to the fan base over the last few years. If nothing is done we'll find our attendances heading back down towards our hard core 8k or so fans. The current custodians of the club are letting the club down badly.

Since452
20-10-2019, 10:49 AM
Football was good for long periods. Can't disagree

CloudSquall
20-10-2019, 10:50 AM

Some of Bolivian's finest on a Sunday :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
20-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Football was good for long periods. Can't disagree

There was some good play in the first half. 2nd half was similar to what we’ve watched all season

yerauldda
20-10-2019, 12:11 PM
There were times in the second half where he had acres of space to drive in to but he was so reluctant to do it. Most experienced player in the team but not willing to take the responsibility of driving the team on.

Yep he looked slow and really low on confidence. A shame but a stark contrast to James on the other side who for the first hour looked so confident on the ball. I still think he has a part to play against the bigger teams when we have our backs to the wall a little bit but he just doesn’t offer enough going forwards.

hibeerealist
20-10-2019, 06:06 PM

Spot on SDG, I cannot believe we are watching this unfold once again and so close to the previous time.

Very concerned that LD and Ron appear to be in denial !

MWHIBBIES
20-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Did people actually think these days were behind us? Hibs are never going to be consistently good, we never have been. We're always good for 4/5 years then pish for 4/5. Its why I do my absolute best to go every week when we are really good and worth watching. Its also why I go every week now, because it will always be worth it in the end.

Fife-Hibee
20-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Did people actually think these days were behind us? Hibs are never going to be consistently good, we never have been. We're always good for 4/5 years then pish for 4/5. Its why I do my absolute best to go every week when we are really good and worth watching. Its also why I go every week now, because it will always be worth it in the end.

I'd say it's more like good for 1/2 years, then pish for 8/9 years.

flash
20-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Just watched the highlights and we should have won comfortably. Their pen was soft to put it mildly and we should have had one when someone was taken out at the back post. We also played some good stuff going forward.
The manager is clearly on his last legs but with a bit of luck we could easily have had wins at both Aberdeen and here.

Torto7
20-10-2019, 06:56 PM
Just watched the highlights and we should have won comfortably. Their pen was soft to put it mildly and we should have had one when someone was taken out at the back post. We also played some good stuff going forward.
The manager is clearly on his last legs but with a bit of luck we could easily have had wins at both Aberdeen and here.

It's not a matter of luck though. We've taken the lead in games then sat back and the inevitable has happened. We have zero pace in the side so why he thinks we can absorb pressure and hit on the break baffles me.

flash
20-10-2019, 07:00 PM
It's not a matter of luck though. We've taken the lead in games then sat back and the inevitable has happened. We have zero pace in the side so why he thinks we can absorb pressure and hit on the break baffles me.

We were still making chances right up to the end yesterday.

SickBoy32
20-10-2019, 07:02 PM

Brilliant that you go every week, well done you.

I genuinely believed that 21/05 was a watershed moment for our club. We have enjoyed a truly brilliant few years.

That is exactly why we must be ruthless and decisive. The tipping point was weeks ago, probably after somehow snatching a defeat against a dreadful Levein team.

One ***** managerial appointment doesny need to consign us to 4/5 years of guff and thousands of lost STs. Lets no forget PH has had a pretty much perfect chance at ER.

Get rid now, and let the new guy have a crack at the semi.

Torto7
20-10-2019, 07:06 PM

After they equalised. We sit in and try and hit on the counter after taken the lead, with no pace in the team. I understand not wanting to chop and change managers but to carry on with our heads in the sand hoping it's going to get better is negligent. PH makes tactical blunder after tactical blunder.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2019, 07:06 PM

We had a wee bit of a flurry at the end. But after a decent first 25 minutes or so, we did pretty much nothing for an hour.

bingo70
20-10-2019, 07:16 PM
We had a wee bit of a flurry at the end. But after a decent first 25 minutes or so, we did pretty much nothing for an hour.

We’re not scoring many goals and not keeping many clean sheets.

That’s not bad luck.

Jones28
20-10-2019, 07:16 PM

All good then...

Totally taken out of context if that’s the quote from sportscene.

DavieRoy
20-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Totally taken out of context if that’s the quote from sportscene.

Haven’t watched Sportscene yet but saw this interview up.

https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1185835041139679232?s=21

flash
20-10-2019, 08:36 PM

Fair enough I wasnt there so appreciate hearing how it was.