PDA

View Full Version : Dempster and Gordon's at the wheel...

Scotty Leither
19-10-2019, 06:38 PM
...fast asleep, it would appear.

I've been a backer of Leeann Dempster up until now, but after today's latest hard luck tale where our manager only "went for it" by bringing on another forward on 88 minutes, I think her goodwill tank is now running on empty, and it's time she stopped sitting on her hands and acted decisively, else her legacy isn't going to 21/05/2016, it's going to be an ignominious and rancorous relegation that'll set the club back years.

As for our owner, time for him and his man on the inside, Paton, to show us some leadership, and I really hope there's some serious talking going to be done between now and Monday morning, oh and try and be a bit more visible about the place, eh?

I follow Hibs home and away, through good or ill because that's what I do with my Saturday afternoons; so this isn't a "start winning or i'm taking the huff" post, it's borne out of being fed up with the radio silence and being treated like fools by people who seem paralysed by the thought of taking some accountability and admitting they've made an error with this appointment.

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Correct....

Steve Austin
19-10-2019, 06:48 PM
Hi all,
was at the game today all the way from the Isle of Lewis!.waited at the end outside main entrance to see who was coming out as I had my eleven year old with me !.
I saw Leeann as she came out and spoke to her ?,I said "Heartbreaker again for the hibees!!),she said yes and cryptically "my patience is now wearing a bit thin!" ,which was directed at the results I assume and I said I had travelled from quite far and I agreed that my patience had gone!,she replied I can imagine?.She posed for a photo and went very disheartened onto the coach.:confused::rolleyes:.
I have nothing but respect for Leeann ,but she looked really angry with result and performance.She showed she cared !.As I do about Hibs!.

The Harp Awakes
19-10-2019, 06:50 PM
:top marks

hibeerealist
19-10-2019, 06:51 PM
...fast asleep, it would appear.

I've been a backer of Leeann Dempster up until now, but after today's latest hard luck tale where our manager only "went for it" by bringing on another forward on 88 minutes, I think her goodwill tank is now running on empty, and it's time she stopped sitting on her hands and acted decisively, else her legacy isn't going to 21/05/2016, it's going to be an ignominious and rancorous relegation that'll set the club back years.

As for our owner, time for him and his man on the inside, Paton, to show us some leadership, and I really hope there's some serious talking going to be done between now and Monday morning, oh and try and be a bit more visible about the place, eh?

I follow Hibs home and away, through good or ill because that's what I do with my Saturday afternoons; so this isn't a "start winning or i'm taking the huff" post, it's borne out of being fed up with the radio silence and being treated like fools by people who seem paralysed by the thought of taking some accountability and admitting they've made an error with this appointment.

Agree, good post Scotty.

BILLYHIBS
19-10-2019, 07:12 PM
Hi all,
was at the game today all the way from the Isle of Lewis!.waited at the end outside main entrance to see who was coming out as I had my eleven year old with me !.
I saw Leeann as she came out and spoke to her ?,I said "Heartbreaker again for the hibees!!),she said yes and cryptically "my patience is now wearing a bit thin!" ,which was directed at the results and I said I had travelled from quite far and I agreed that my patience had gone!,she replied I can imagine?.She posed for a photo and went very disheartened onto the coach.:confused::rolleyes:

Good to see that she is starting to see the wood from the trees

I was starting to worry

Hopefully we will see some positive action at long last

I can’t think who but I would like to see someone HIBS minded come in who knows what we are all about and take us back to our rightful place at the top of Scottish football

The fact that the fans are unhappy and starting to lose patience with draws versus Celtic and away to Aberdeen and Hamilton defeat at home to Hearts and a semi final place in the bag must tell Hecky he has bitten off more than he can chew

The fans expect more and the fact that he has been unable to see out these games with poor game management decisions must tell him it is time to go and pass the baton onto someone else before it is too late

Last Minute
19-10-2019, 07:14 PM
100% correct . Excellent post

Where is the board and Ron Gordon and more to the point when is the AGM? No wonder there is no announcement of a date for it. We are in real trouble if the board don’t make changes NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
19-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Hi all,
I saw Leeann as she came out and spoke to her ?,I said "Heartbreaker again for the hibees!!),she said yes and cryptically "my patience is now wearing a bit thin!" ,which was directed at the results and I said I had travelled from quite far and I agreed that my patience had gone!,she replied I can imagine?.She posed for a photo and went very disheartened onto the coach.:confused::rolleyes:

If she’s saying stuff like that openly to fans then I imagine something will change very quickly. If not it’s rather unprofessional.

tamig
19-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Good to see that she is starting to see the wood from the trees

I was starting to worry

Hopefully we will see some positive action at long last

I can’t think who but I would like to see someone HIBS minded come in who knows what we are all about and take us back to our rightful place at the top of Scottish football

The fact that the fans are unhappy and starting to lose patience with draws versus Celtic and away to Aberdeen and Hamilton defeat at home to Hearts and a semi final place in the bag must tell Hecky he has bitten off more than he can chew

The fans expect more and the fact that he has been unable to see out these games with poor game management decisions must tell him it is time to go and pass the baton onto someone else before it is too late
What does that even mean Billy? And are you talking about the manager? Who’s out there that’s Hibs minded that could take over? We’ve been down that road many times in the past and there’s hardly ever been a success story.

Deansy
19-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Hi all,

At last - this is encouraging !

Torto7
19-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Wasn't there a rumour that she wanted him out after the gunts game but RG wanted to give him longer. TBF I only read that on here so I couldn't say if it was true or not.

Onion
19-10-2019, 07:40 PM
If she’s saying stuff like that openly to fans then I imagine something will change very quickly. If not it’s rather unprofessional.

It's ridiculously unprofessional and not at all like LD. She'll treat anything she says to fans as if she's speaking to the press. Hard to believe.

BILLYHIBS
19-10-2019, 07:45 PM
What does that even mean Billy? And are you talking about the manager? Who’s out there that’s Hibs minded that could take over? We’ve been down that road many times in the past and there’s hardly ever been a success story.

Please reread my post

Yes I am talking about the Manager

Who else?

I also say “ I cant think who?”

I agree none have been a success the last with any success was Turnbull

There is class there is first class and then there is HIBS class

Certainly not HIBS class what we are seeing dished up just now

Hopefully something will change the sooner the better imho

GGTTH

tamig
19-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Please reread my post

Yes I am talking about the Manager

Who else?

I also say “ I cant think who?”

I agree none have been a success the last with any success was Turnbull

There is class there is first class and then there is HIBS class

Certainly not HIBS class what we are seeing dished up just now

Hopefully something will change the sooner the better imho

GGTTH

Appreciate you said you don’t know who but I can’t think of anyone making a name for themselves in the coaching game that has a strong connection with us.

What we need is someone to really buy into us and connect with the fans the way Stubbs and his guys did and to a lesser extent Lennon. That connection has never really been there with PH. It should be one of the key criteria when looking for a new man.

Since90+2
19-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Wasn't there a rumour that she wanted him out after the gunts game but RG wanted to give him longer. TBF I only read that on here so I couldn't say if it was true or not.

It was the other way around. Was just a rumour on here though.

Unseen work
19-10-2019, 08:48 PM
It's ridiculously unprofessional and not at all like LD. She'll treat anything she says to fans as if she's speaking to the press. Hard to believe.

My thoughts exactly!

Steve Austin
19-10-2019, 09:01 PM
I’m not lying ,I am merely saying she cares ,I can tell and was hurt by what she witnessed!
She looked at end of her tether ,who can blame her??...
With this run of results we will be back in championship!:confused:

Nicho87
19-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Hopefully she has reached her decision. Should have been there after the rangers away performance imho

Carheenlea
19-10-2019, 09:51 PM
I have a gut feeling that we’ll see LD make recommendation to the board that we can’t continue with Heckingbottom and things will happen early this week. Today just had that feel of a managers final days.

The Harp Awakes
19-10-2019, 09:56 PM
I have a gut feeling that we’ll see LD make recommendation to the board that we can’t continue with Heckingbottom and things will happen early this week. Today just had that feel of a managers final days.

It will be astonishing if she and the Board are not considering the coach's position. The deficiencies in the squad, team set up snd tactics are massive.

truehibernian
19-10-2019, 10:03 PM

Can't see it unfortunately - semi final looming and a run of games coming up that the Board will see as games we can win.

The more alarming thing is the club as a whole entity has lost its way and are drifting............there is nothing inspiring coming from the club, no real communication from Ron, nothing meaningful from LD........the feel good factor has well and truly gone and the fans are not only disillusioned but they are turning.........my own thoughts are that whilst SDG and Daz are injured (they) and we (the club) should be doing much more media around/involving them and trying to galvanise the team / squad and show the fans that they really do care. They are talismanic and could go a long way to bridge a gulf that's emerging.

Carheenlea
19-10-2019, 10:07 PM
Can't see it unfortunately - semi final looming and a run of games coming up that the Board will see as games we can win.

The more alarming thing is the club as a whole entity has lost its way and are drifting............there is nothing inspiring coming from the club, no real communication from Ron, nothing meaningful from LD........the feel good factor has well and truly gone and the fans are not only disillusioned but they are turning.........my own thoughts are that whilst SDG and Daz are injured (they) and we (the club) should be doing much more media around/involving them and trying to galvanise the team / squad and show the fans that they really do care. They are talismanic and could go a long way to bridge a gulf that's emerging.

Today was part of the run of winnable games. We didn’t win this one and alarm bells must surely be ringing in the boardroom that the others might see similar outcomes. He’s a dead man walking.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 10:10 PM
It will be astonishing if she and the Board are not considering the coach's position. The deficiencies in the squad, team set up snd tactics are massive.

The clubs twitter and facebook feeds were dressing up todays match as a spectacle to continue our 3 match unbeaten run. I suspect we will see more of that next week in a bid to try and sell Ross County tickets. I can see it now. Back Heckys boys as we look to extend our 4 match unbeaten run. Get your tickets here!! Theres a home for everyone at ER bullsh*t, bullsh*t, bullsh*t....

BILLYHIBS
19-10-2019, 10:16 PM
Appreciate you said you don’t know who but I can’t think of anyone making a name for themselves in the coaching game that has a strong connection with us.

What we need is someone to really buy into us and connect with the fans the way Stubbs and his guys did and to a lesser extent Lennon. That connection has never really been there with PH. It should be one of the key criteria when looking for a new man.
Agree I feared the worst the way he set us up versus Celtic in the Scottish Cup at ER in a winnable game against Neil Lennons Celtic side He s##t it a game we would expect to win surrendering territory to them at home and waiting on the inevitable goal
He has never tried to engage with the fans indeed even blaming us for dropping two valuable points
John Doolan and Stubbsy spring to mind as two Coaches that loved our club

truehibernian
19-10-2019, 10:16 PM
Today was part of the run of winnable games. We didn’t win this one and alarm bells must surely be ringing in the boardroom that the others might see similar outcomes. He’s a dead man walking.

I totally agree mate - but SDG and Daz, both leaders on the pitch, should be stepping up on a media front whilst injured to try and bridge this awful chasm that's appearing between club and fans. In my opinion. They are / were well respected are seen as the future ambassadors of the club. They'll be hurting but for me if they stepped up and made comment, no in an undermining sense, we may get some feel for the way the players are feeling about results and the season. Everyone at the club seems to be slinking into the background when the going gets tough which is contrary to what it's been like the last few seasons.

chrisski33
19-10-2019, 10:37 PM
Hi all,
I saw Leeann as she came out and spoke to her ?,I said "Heartbreaker again for the hibees!!),she said yes and cryptically "my patience is now wearing a bit thin!" ,which was directed at the results I assume and I said I had travelled from quite far and I agreed that my patience had gone!,she replied I can imagine?.She posed for a photo and went very disheartened onto the coach.:confused::rolleyes:.
I have nothing but respect for Leeann ,but she looked really angry with result and performance.She showed she cared !.As I do about Hibs!.

If so they should have acted by now

PaulSmith
19-10-2019, 11:43 PM
I couldn’t give a toss of LD left tomorrow. She’s had enough plaudits and done a good job but does not seem disinterested and her nose is out of joint.

Motherwell seemed to do ok with their next CEO and I’d love to see someone else take the helm to inject some passion into the role as she’s totally lost the plot.

tonyrougier123
20-10-2019, 12:04 AM
There was a plan that was working,now that the method and plans are not working no one is doing anything to make a new plan.😮

DetroitHibs
20-10-2019, 04:18 AM
Surely she must have been wondering what we all were.... Why the **** did you leave it with two minutes to go to make the change and press for winner. Could we not have done that with 15-20 to go?

Borderhibbie76
20-10-2019, 06:30 AM
I couldn’t give a toss of LD left tomorrow. She’s had enough plaudits and done a good job but does not seem disinterested and her nose is out of joint.

Motherwell seemed to do ok with their next CEO and I’d love to see someone else take the helm to inject some passion into the role as she’s totally lost the plot.This is where I am now mate...she gets far too easy a ride on here. The Lennon mess and now this and she is treating us fans with nothing but contempt this season. I think one way or another she is also in her final days/season at Hibs and she knows it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
20-10-2019, 06:51 AM
Gordon is back in the next week or two I think. If there’s no major action after that then I’ll be extremely worried. I’ve no clue why we are persevering with a manager (and some players) so clearly out of their depth. Only reason I can come up with is Craig and Dempster don’t want to admit how monumentally they’ve ****ed this up.

Greenworld
20-10-2019, 07:14 AM

Motherwell seemed to do ok with their next CEO and I’d love to see someone else take the helm to inject some passion into the role as she’s totally lost the plot.Snap

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
20-10-2019, 07:18 AM

Motherwell seemed to do ok with their next CEO and I’d love to see someone else take the helm to inject some passion into the role as she’s totally lost the plot.

Agree, she's not very good at compromising, its her way or no way. See the LP's etc.

BILLYHIBS
20-10-2019, 07:46 AM

This!

Bring back Bonus points Cup top up Season Tickets and move the Singing Section to FF lower or back to the East to put some atmosphere back into our Stadium at home games. :greengrin

Hecky out!

bingo70
20-10-2019, 07:51 AM
Gordon is back in the next week or two I think. If there’s no major action after that then I’ll be extremely worried. I’ve no clue why we are persevering with a manager (and some players) so clearly out of their depth. Only reason I can come up with is Craig and Dempster don’t want to admit how monumentally they’ve ****ed this up.

Two reasons I can think of are:-

1. We’ve no money and can’t afford to sack him. Would also explain why we left ourselves woefully short in certain important positions going into the season.

2. There’s a bigger picture at play here and we want to make behind the scene changes first so it’s Ron’s people appointing the new manager and not the old guard.

Captain Trips
20-10-2019, 05:38 PM
11th in table.
-10 GD.

Have a ****ing conference call the both of you or something and sort your mess out. Standing looking at it as the weeks go by is doing FA.

Football is volatile you should have had a contingency if things didn't work out.

Now get him out the door please.