PDA

View Full Version : Vote to bring Stubbs back to Easter Road

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Should we try and get Alan Stubbs and his dream team (Taff & John) back at Easter Road.

19-10-2019, 05:48 PM
No. Time to move on from 2016 Cup Final.

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-10-2019, 05:48 PM
No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Speedway
19-10-2019, 05:49 PM
No

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 05:49 PM
No thanks

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2019, 05:52 PM
Definitely not.

Franck Stanton
19-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Most definitely. Great manager, knows the club, had us playing entertaining football. ( Cue all the " but he failed to get us promoted" numpties.)
You do realise Lennon won the championship with a whole 1, yes one, point more than that of the previous season. That was against lesser opposition, (no rangers or windae lickers).
Give him rest of season and then take from there.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 05:56 PM
Nope. Stick with Hecky 😂😂😂😂😂

Of course we should.

ionahibby
19-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Doolan was the man behind it all I think as shown when Stubbs failed spectacularly at st mirren. If we could get him, but would need compensation to get him away from Accrington Stanley I’m sure he is at just now.

Fife-Hibee
19-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Hey, Tony Mowbray once did well for us as well. Surely we should bring him back? We could sign Riordan and O'Conner back up again, that should guarantee us 40 goals a season.

Or maybe it just doesn't work that way?

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Doolan was the man behind it all I think as shown when Stubbs failed spectacularly at st mirren. If we could get him, but would need compensation to get him away from Accrington Stanley I’m sure he is at just now.

You’re guessing Doolan was the man behind it all.

It worked for Stubbs at Hibernian.

Why does there have to be more and more ways of trying to belittle an absolute hero of the club?

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Hey, Tony Mowbray once did well for us as well. Surely we should bring him back? We could sign Riordan and O'Conner back up again, that should guarantee us 40 goals a season.

Or maybe it just doesn't work that way?

Why would Mowbray leave Blackburn?

He also got pumped off a **** Dundee Utd team in the semi of the Scottish cup and got humiliated off Hearts in his other semi.

Stubbs? Oh aye, what happened again?

we are hibs
19-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Yes. But hopefully he wont due to the fact he would be on the back foot immediately due to the weirdos amongst our support who have a bizarre hatred of him and constantly look for the negatives when it comes to stubbs.

Fife-Hibee
19-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Why would Mowbray leave Blackburn?

He also got pumped off a **** Dundee Utd team in the semi of the Scottish cup and got humiliated off Hearts in his other semi.

Stubbs? Oh aye, what happened again?

He failed to get us out of the Championship twice, while both Hearts and the new club beat us to the punch.

Now don't get me wrong, managing us to the cup win was a marvelous achievement. But had we not won that single all important game, Stubbs would be ancient history in our memories now.

We need more than what Stubbs can offer at this level in terms of league performances.

Nicho87
19-10-2019, 06:13 PM
Definatley. Some of the football we played was fantastic.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Most definitely. Great manager, knows the club, had us playing entertaining football. ( Cue all the " but he failed to get us promoted" numpties.)
You do realise Lennon won the championship with a whole 1, yes one, point more than that of the previous season. That was against lesser opposition, (no rangers or windae lickers).
Give him rest of season and then take from there.

Spoilt your argument by calling fans who disagree with you “numpties”

Franck Stanton
19-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Spoilt your argument by calling fans who disagree with you “numpties”
Nope, disagree with me all you want, but just don't go to the " comfort blanket" of failing to win promotion as your only reason for doing so.
Imo, Stubbs is a good fit at Hibs, if you don't then that's fine, we are all entitled to our opionions, just stop all the promotion crap.

makaveli1875
19-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Jack Ross please

pacoluna
19-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Nope, disagree with me all you want, but just don't go to the " comfort blanket" of failing to win promotion as your only reason for doing so.
Imo, Stubbs is a good fit at Hibs, if you don't then that's fine, we are all entitled to our opionions, just stop all the promotion crap.

Why is he not in a job atm? But.. If.. But.. If.. It doesn't matter He's just a good fit for hibs 😂

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:22 PM
He failed to get us out of the Championship twice, while both Hearts and the new club beat us to the punch.

Now don't get me wrong, managing us to the cup win was a marvelous achievement. But had we not won that single all important game, Stubbs would be ancient history in our memories now.

We need more than what Stubbs can offer at this level in terms of league performances.

He won us that game though. He won us the Scottish Cup ffs.

Why do some people go out their way to discredit that single sexy beautiful fact?

We didn’t get promotion but check the ****ing state of us now.

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 06:23 PM
Imo, Stubbs is a good for at Hibs, if by don't t then that's fine we are all entitled to our opionions, just stop all the promotion crap.

What makes him good for hibs out of interest? I seen us play some god awful football against part time teams under stubbs, seen some good play as well to be fair and when we played well we really played well but his record in the league has to be taken into consideration if we are also taking the cup win into it, yes we had hearts and the rangers but we also had arguably one of the best teams I've ever seen at easter road and should have been promoted

The 90+2
Why is he not in a job atm?

Celtic decided to chore Lenny off us instead.

Scouse Hibee

Haha so it’s okay to disagree with you as long as it’s not for the reason of none promotion, that’s brilliant!

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:24 PM
What makes him good for hibs out of interest? I seen us play some god awful football against part time teams under stubbs, seen some good play as well to be fair and when we played well we really played well but his record in the league has to be taken into consideration if we are also taking the cup win into it, yes we had hearts and the rangers but we also had arguably one of the best teams I've ever seen at easter road and should have been promoted

Check the team he built and the way he turned around utter misery to be good to be going to football again.

Who built that beat side you’ve ever seen? Check the pish you’ve recently stuck up for.

pacoluna
19-10-2019, 06:25 PM

Why do some people go out their way to discredit that single sexy beautiful fact?

You wanted rid of lennon for Stubbs, you want rid of hecky for Stubbs it's going to a severely long journey for you supporting hibs if your hope half way through every season is to get Stubbs back!

Your answer as always is that we can't somehow grasp that he won us the Scottish Cup.. We were there just like you.. His memory will for ever live on. The end.

Franck Stanton
19-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Why is he not in a job atm? But.. If.. But.. If.. It doesn't matter He's just a good fit for hibs 😂

What am I? The source of all knowledge ? How am I supposed to answer that question? Oh I see, it was sarcasm, there are a lot of good managers in the same position as Stubbsy. If I was in charge at Er then Stubbs would not be unemployed, Hecky most certainly would be.

pacoluna
19-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Celtic decided to chore Lenny off us instead.

What so celtic otherwise would have gone for Stubbs 😂

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 06:28 PM
Check the team he built and the way he turned around utter misery to be good to be going to football again.

Who built that beat side you’ve ever seen? Check the pish you’ve recently stuck up for.

The football dept built it by all accounts

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:29 PM
You wanted rid of lennon for Stubbs, you want rid of hecky for Stubbs it's going to a severely long journey for you supporting hibs if your hope half way through every season is to get Stubbs back!

Your answer as always is that we can't somehow grasp that he won us the Scottish Cup.. We were there just like you.. His memory will for ever live on. The end.

I wanted rid of “Lenny” because he was working his ticket. Taking the piss out the club. Agree?

I want rid of Hecky because he’s not got a clue up here, agree?

Take Stubbs out of it. You hate the boy that gave you the best day of you’re footballing life, we get it.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:30 PM
The football dept built it by all accounts

The the football department should be scrapped completely as it’s failed since he left then especially this summer?

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:30 PM
What so celtic otherwise would have gone for Stubbs 😂

Nah. Celtic took the cheap option with your hero. He was on the scrap heap before we brought him in, just remember that.

Iggy Pope
19-10-2019, 06:31 PM

I think Accrington Stanley, given their current position, might be looking elsewhere themselves.

pacoluna
19-10-2019, 06:32 PM
I wanted rid of “Lenny” because he was working his ticket. Taking the piss out the club. Agree?

I want rid of Hecky because he’s not got a clue up here, agree?

Take Stubbs out of it. You hate the boy that gave you the best day of you’re footballing life, we get it.

Oh yes ofcourse I hate Stubbs, every debate we have I always end it cause you spout this absolute guff. You don't like my opinion which In this case seems the majority agree with.. So I hate Stubbs 😅👍

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 06:33 PM
The the football department should be scrapped completely as it’s failed since he left then especially this summer?

So scrap the dept that got the players for stubbs and let him sign the type of players he did for rotherham and st mirren, look where that got him, for me he should be remembered for the cup win now and not tarnish that

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Oh yes ofcourse I hate Stubbs, every debate we have I always end it cause you spout this absolute guff. You don't like my opinion which In this case seems the majority agree with.. So I hate Stubbs 😅👍

We don’t have many debates, if we do I can’t really mind.

You said I wanted Lennon sacked for Stubbs, no I wanted Lennon sacked, of course.

Did you agree or not, you didn’t answer? Did Lennon leave us in a mess because he didn’t give a **** anymore? A yes or no will do.

pacoluna
19-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Nah. Celtic took the cheap option with your hero. He was on the scrap heap before we brought him in, just remember that.

I couldn't give a toss about lennon or celtic but currently there is only one guy in our conversation who is in the managerial "scrap heap"after being sacked by Rotherham and the mighty buddies.

pacoluna
We don’t have many debates, if we do I can’t really mind.

You said I wanted Lennon sacked for Stubbs, no I wanted Lennon sacked, of course.

Did you agree or not, you didn’t answer? Did Lennon leave us in a mess because he didn’t give a **** anymore? A yes or no will do.

No

Fife-Hibee

Yes he did. He won us a cup competition. He couldn't however get us promoted out of the Championship with 70+ league games.

Nobody is discrediting it. But cup success and league success are 2 different things and we need a manager who can compete in the league at this level, not someone who couldn't get us out of the league below.

We may be a state right now, but we're back in the top league and it took a different manager to get us there. I love Stubbs, but bringing him back at this level and under these circumstances would not end well for him. He left the club a legend. Let's not pull a Sauzee on him by souring it.

The 90+2
So scrap the dept that got the players for stubbs and let him sign the type of players he did for rotherham and st mirren, look where that got him, for me he should be remembered for the cup win now and not tarnish that

I’m asking you the question, should the football department be completely scrapped considering it’s failed since Stubbs? Especially in the last two summers.

You can’t say they brought in Stubbs players but then get away with complete neglect over the last two sorry three summer windows.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:37 PM
No

No bother Paco 👍

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:37 PM
I couldn't give a toss about lennon or celtic but currently there is only one guy in our conversation who is in the managerial "scrap heap"after being sacked by Rotherham and the mighty buddies.

You do give a toss about Lennon. Let’s be honest.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Yes he did. He won us a cup competition. He couldn't however get us promoted out of the Championship with 70+ league games.

Nobody is discrediting it. But cup success and league success are 2 different things and we need a manager who can compete in the league at this level, not someone who couldn't get us out of the league below.

We may be a state right now, but we're back in the top league and it took a different manager to get us there. I love Stubbs, but bringing him back at this level and under these circumstances would not end well for him. He left the club a legend. Let's not pull a Sauzee on him by souring it.

No bother mate 👍

Speedway
You’re guessing Doolan was the man behind it all.

It worked for Stubbs at Hibernian.

Why does there have to be more and more ways of trying to belittle an absolute hero of the club?

Because:

1. He was a chancer who kept us in the championship

2. Because he’s failed twice since in quick succession

3. Because no-one’s touched him since.

It was the ultimate 90 mins at Hampden but as the man to take us forward, never.

Beefster
Has anyone pointed out that Holden and Taff are the same guy?

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 06:40 PM
I’m asking you the question, should the football department be completely scrapped considering it’s failed since Stubbs? Especially in the last two summers.

You can’t say they brought in Stubbs players but then get away with complete neglect over the last two sorry three summer windows.

Sorry, I'm in 2 minds about the football dept, by all accounts the manager has wanted most of these players so going by that then yes it's pointless having it, if we are having it then it needs to go back to how it was when stubbs first came in and they have the say in who is signed

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 06:42 PM
No way, he failed in his objective when he was here.

Centre Hawf
19-10-2019, 06:49 PM
I think Accrington Stanley, given their current position, might be looking elsewhere themselves.

Can't see it. The Stanley manager and his coaching staff are idolised down there even if they were to go down.

Keith_M
19-10-2019, 06:51 PM
What's the point of voting on something that nobody at the club is even considering?

:confused:

Moody Blues
19-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Should we try and get Alan Stubbs and his dream team (Taff & Holden) back at Easter Road.

No way. That is showing totally no ambition.
Dream team? What have you been drinking.

Speedy
19-10-2019, 06:58 PM
No

Last Minute
19-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Yes please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
19-10-2019, 07:03 PM
Stubbs and Doolan. If no Doolan no Stubbs.

Since90+2
19-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Is he the answer? No. Would he be better than Heckingbottom? Undoubtedly yes.

Since90+2
19-10-2019, 07:07 PM
What's the point of voting on something that nobody at the club is even considering?

:confused:

What would be the point on commenting on anything on this forum in that case? Believe it or not Hibs.net is a small and largely insignificant part of the clubs support. Despite what folk with posts in the 10s of thousands seem to think.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2019, 07:11 PM
What would be the point on commenting on anything on this forum in that case? Believe it or not Hibs.net is a small and largely insignificant part of the clubs support. Despite what folk with posts in the 10s of thousands seem to think.

As someone with tens of thousands of posts I agree with you.

I'd extend it and say that as far as the club are concerned the entire support is insignificant, they don't care what we think. Until we start refusing to part with our cash.

19-10-2019, 07:19 PM
Because:

1. He was a chancer who kept us in the championship

2. Because he’s failed twice since in quick succession

3. Because no-one’s touched him since.

It was the ultimate 90 mins at Hampden but as the man to take us forward, never.

10/10

Unseen work
19-10-2019, 07:27 PM
For me some managers/players just seem like a good fit.

For me Jack Ross would be a very good appointment.

Great record at Alloa
Great record at St Mirren
Very good knowledge of the Scottish game
His Sunderland signings/players linked with seem to align with what he wanted as fans
Knows how big a club we are and the way we expect results

Yes he never got Sunderland promoted but they’re a poisoned chalice at the moment

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Has anyone pointed out that Holden and Taff are the same guy?

Not yet, but top marks to you.........

Onceinawhile
19-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Nope.

Love him, but he's yesterdays man.

Nicho87
19-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Stubbs best signings included:

Gray
Mcgregor
Fyvie
Allan
McGinn
McGeouch
Fontaine
Malonga
Boyle

Every one of them is where I want to see hibs going, the signings our current manager has made are signings worthy of a butcher era which got us into the mess Stubbs had to try and recover from.

Stubbs all day. He gets the club and we get him. Sometimes a club needs a connection and we have it with him.

We will have an immediate kick start from hiring him.

Carheenlea
19-10-2019, 09:39 PM
Stubbs in the stand today a few seats in front of Heckingbottom. Would let him take the reigns till the seasons end then take it from there.

https://i.postimg.cc/W4KGqZSR/D6-A6-E241-1-E13-4767-B512-E7-B3-DF51686-A.jpg (https://postimg.cc/f3ct6J65)

shetlandhibee
19-10-2019, 09:44 PM
Stubbs in the stand today a few seats in front of Heckingbottom. Would let him take the reigns till the seasons end then take it from there.

https://i.postimg.cc/W4KGqZSR/D6-A6-E241-1-E13-4767-B512-E7-B3-DF51686-A.jpg (https://postimg.cc/f3ct6J65)
exactly what i said in ano thread earlier IMO it just makes so much sense! bring the legend back ASAP plz:agree:

shetlandhibee
19-10-2019, 09:46 PM
really confused with the 31 that voted no way?? infact wow?:confused:

Bob1875
19-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Folk saying no, ask yourself look at the type of players he signed and the style of football he played. Any manger who signs McGinn, Gray, Henderson etc surely knows how to play the game. Give him another shot.

McD
19-10-2019, 10:03 PM
Folk saying no, ask yourself look at the type of players he signed and the style of football he played. Any manger who signs McGinn, Gray, Henderson etc surely knows how to play the game. Give him another shot.

following your logic, why didn’t he sign the same type of players at Rotherham or st mirren?

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-10-2019, 10:11 PM
following your logic, why didn’t he sign the same type of players at Rotherham or st mirren?

They were skint at the time.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 10:12 PM

He failed, plain and simple.

shetlandhibee
19-10-2019, 11:00 PM
failed?? you must be joking he ended one of the biggest hoodoos in world football! failed ?? lol comon man be real?

shetlandhibee
19-10-2019, 11:06 PM
attractive football nearly allways gave the ugly sisters a good game cup finals galore and attractive football? and wins the scottish cup after 114 years for hibs>? and people dont want to give him a 2nd chance?? staggering, stubbs is the man IMHO

Johnny Clash
19-10-2019, 11:13 PM
My biggest disappointment with Stubbsy was how, instead of building on the historic cup win and getting us back up, he turned his back on Hibs for the mighty Rotherham.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-10-2019, 11:17 PM
Don't understand how anyone can say no to Stubbs ..it wasnt his fault we didnt get promoted as the teams we were up against were far better than us...if he had stayed another season then he would have got us up

truehibernian
19-10-2019, 11:20 PM

Beat The Rangers (regularly) Dundee United, Aberdeen, St. Johnstone, Inverness and Hearts - got to two finals and semi finals and quarter finals, winning the one we most wanted. Rebuilt the club when it was on it's knees. Galvanised the club and built character and fun and signed good players. Gets the club.

I'll happily employ that failure :aok:

Unseen work
19-10-2019, 11:21 PM
Was at the game today.

Edit: apologies just noticed it had been mentioned

oneone73
19-10-2019, 11:22 PM
Was at the game today.

Watching his son.

Glory Lurker
19-10-2019, 11:24 PM
Dinnae be daft.

Squealing pig
19-10-2019, 11:46 PM
It would be a step in the right direction 100% needs to be in before January tho as pep guardiola couldn’t get this team playing

McD
20-10-2019, 01:44 PM
They were skint at the time.

gray was a free, Henderson was a loan in part to do with the Allan sale, Allan himself was a free, so was malonga, Bartley, Fontaine, and probably many more.
hibs paid a fee for McGinn, and mcgeouch was initially a loan then a fee more than covered by the Allan sale.

Hibs weren’t exactly flush with cash when these players signed, we’d just been relegated and experienced protests against the board, season tickets were far lower than now.

I doubt Rotherham were paying much less in wages than we were at that time either.

Stubbs was a success at hibs in that he won the Scottish cup, got to another final, and fared very well against bigger/equal stature teams. It’s also true that he struggled against many teams that we should have rolled over easily, which was his downfall in terms of promotion campaigns (otherwise he’d have succeeded in that too). he presided over some cracking results, and the acquisition of some heroic players. He’s done none of that elsewhere since leaving Hibs.

H18 SFR
20-10-2019, 01:47 PM
Not for me.

Winston Ingram
20-10-2019, 01:54 PM

This. He was 10 minutes away from being a total disaster,

His record in big games(not including Falkirk) was decent but he was hopeless at beating the dross in that league.

Eaststand
20-10-2019, 02:41 PM

This is what I'd prefer too 👍
Hecky out, Stubbs in

GGTTH

Ellahappyhibee
20-10-2019, 03:12 PM
No not Stubbs for me - we are too misty eyed about the cup. Need an experienced relatively successful manager looking for a gig to re-start his career who can improve players and results. Overseas manager would be interesting. I have no names. But not Jack Ross either.

lyonhibs
20-10-2019, 03:14 PM

:faf::faf:

It's a No from me btw

Iain G
20-10-2019, 03:15 PM

This has been thrashed to death on every one of these Stubbs threads so not surprised there is a good % saying no way. He ditched us and has failed spectacularly at his last two clubs.

Iggy Pope
20-10-2019, 03:17 PM

Jim McArthur more prominent in the picture. Wonder if he’s in for the job eh?

Or maybe just watching the game / scouting / making a couple of bob.

Peanut Shaz
20-10-2019, 03:18 PM
Would a possibility of Moyes and Stubbs as a team work? They worked together at Everton (I think). Stubbs knows the club and could be the stability needed during the transition.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2019, 03:28 PM

Gave us all the best day of our Hibs supporting lives.

HibeeHibernian4
20-10-2019, 03:29 PM
It's sad to see that some posters on here let their stubbornness over calling for Stubbs' head post-Falkirk play-off win out over a man who won us the Scottish Cup, reached the League Cup final and had us playing better football than anything since Mowbray.

He didn't get us promoted in the two toughest second divisions to have ever been played in over a century of Scottish football.

It. Is. Irrelevant.

leither17
20-10-2019, 03:29 PM
If he didn’t win the cup his time at Hibs would have been a failure

PeeJay
20-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Well, I said no way to Stubbs and for good reason - he isn't that good a manager, we don't need him - he got lucky with the cup thing. I seem to recall he couldn't get us out of the crap championship with crap teams being promoted before us - he didn't do very well after leaving us either - like I said no way! We don't need him: we need better players and a better manager.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Well, I said no way to Stubbs and for good reason - he isn't that good a manager, we don't need him - he got lucky with the cup thing. I seem to recall he couldn't get us out of the crap championship with crap teams being promoted before us - he didn't do very well after leaving us either - like I said no way! We don't need him: we need better players and a better manager.

Lucky with the cup?

Iggy Pope
20-10-2019, 03:40 PM

Why are your posts in tiny wee script?

Fife-Hibee
20-10-2019, 03:46 PM
It's sad to see that some posters on here let their stubbornness over calling for Stubbs' head post-Falkirk play-off win out over a man who won us the Scottish Cup, reached the League Cup final and had us playing better football than anything since Mowbray.

He didn't get us promoted in the two toughest second divisions to have ever been played in over a century of Scottish football.

It. Is. Irrelevant.

No it isn't irrelevant. Being the "toughest second division to have ever been played in over a century" wasn't a problem for Hearts or the new club. It shouldn't have been a problem for us.

HibeeHibernian4
20-10-2019, 03:54 PM

You recall incorrectly.

Hearts' 2014/15 title winning side were deserved, runaway champions who had the league won by November.

Rangers' 2015/16 title winning side knocked Celtic out of the semi final and were very good going forward.

Hibs could've possibly beaten Rangers to the 2015/16 title, but we were fighting on three fronts. We won the one that mattered.

To call it "getting lucky" is quite frankly a disgrace.

HibeeHibernian4
20-10-2019, 03:58 PM
No it isn't irrelevant. Being the "toughest second division to have ever been played in over a century" wasn't a problem for Hearts or the new club. It shouldn't have been a problem for us.

Are you seriously suggesting that we were favourites to win the title in either season? If so, you're being ridiculous.

There was a bottleneck to get out of that division and the structuring of the play-offs makes it unlikely for two sides to go up from the Championship.

You can keep trying to spin it into an anti-Stubbs agenda all you like, he outperformed expectations by winning the Scottish Cup, reaching the League Cup final, pipping Rangers to 2nd in the first season and getting plenty of good results against top flight opposition.

Pretty Boy
20-10-2019, 04:02 PM
I've kept out of this because it's just the same arguments over and over again but 'he got lucky' by winning the cup is new levels of nonsense.

We beat the holders, our local rivals, another Premiership team as well as a decent Rangers side to win the SC. We also reached another cup final beating 3 Premiership teams, including ending Aberdeens long unbeaten run, on route. We earned absolutely everything we achieved in the cups that season.

I wish we were that 'lucky' every season.

Fife-Hibee
20-10-2019, 04:06 PM
Are you seriously suggesting that we were favourites to win the title in either season? If so, you're being ridiculous.
Why? Were Hearts favourites to go up first time of asking? Because they did it anyway.

There was a bottleneck to get out of that division and the structuring of the play-offs makes it unlikely for two sides to go up from the Championship.
The play-offs wouldn't have been a problem for us if we had won the league first time of asking.

You can keep trying to spin it into an anti-Stubbs agenda all you like, he outperformed expectations by winning the Scottish Cup, reaching the League Cup final, pipping Rangers to 2nd in the first season and getting plenty of good results against top flight opposition.
There's no "spin" here. Facts are facts. Stubbs failed to get us out of that league, which was his main objective.

judas
20-10-2019, 04:09 PM
No.

In Heck I trust for now

we are hibs
20-10-2019, 04:17 PM

But he did. So your point is irrelevant.

The 90+2
20-10-2019, 04:19 PM

No it wouldn’t. But he did.

The 90+2
20-10-2019, 04:19 PM
No.

In Heck I trust for now

😂😂😂😂😂

shetlandhibee
20-10-2019, 04:33 PM
I've kept out of this because it's just the same arguments over and over again but 'he got lucky' by winning the cup is new levels of nonsense.

We beat the holders, our local rivals, another Premiership team as well as a decent Rangers side to win the SC. We also reached another cup final beating 3 Premiership teams, including ending Aberdeens long unbeaten run, on route. We earned absolutely everything we achieved in the cups that season.

I wish we were that 'lucky' every season.
sensible post :top markshow folk see it differently is beyond me:confused:

PeeJay
20-10-2019, 04:56 PM
You recall incorrectly.

Hearts' 2014/15 title winning side were deserved, runaway champions who had the league won by November.

Rangers' 2015/16 title winning side knocked Celtic out of the semi final and were very good going forward.

Hibs could've possibly beaten Rangers to the 2015/16 title, but we were fighting on three fronts. We won the one that mattered.

To call it "getting lucky" is quite frankly a disgrace.

Hearts and Rangers were not very good then and they still aren't very good now, but we were far worse then and we are not much better now as far as I can see: that is the point - now there's a disgrace for you to worry about.
Stubbs was "lucky" with the cup win - he attained "legend" status with it although he failed to get us out of the miserable championship.
Wish people would quit with this "Hibs could have..." it is irrelevant: we didn't: that is the point.
No point in bringing him back.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Hearts and Rangers were not very good then and they still aren't very good now, but we were far worse then and we are not much better now as far as I can see: that is the point - now there's a disgrace for you to worry about.
Stubbs was "lucky" with the cup win - he attained "legend" status with it although he failed to get us out of the miserable championship.
Wish people would quit with this "Hibs could have..." it is irrelevant: we didn't: that is the point.

Explain how he was lucky with the cup win? Absolutely ridiculous statement.

PeeJay
20-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Why are your posts in tiny wee script?

My posts are not in "tiny wee script" where I live - so it must be you ... probably something to do with your Brexit shenanigans :greengrin

PeeJay
20-10-2019, 05:06 PM
Explain how he was lucky with the cup win? Absolutely ridiculous statement.

He achieved so-called "legend" status on the back of the cup win against a totally crap Rangers team - his truly miserable record in failing to get us out of the crap Championship was then rendered "irrelevant" that's why he is "lucky" IMO.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2019, 05:12 PM
He achieved so-called "legend" status on the back of the cup win against a totally crap Rangers team - his truly miserable record in failing to get us out of the crap Championship was then rendered "irrelevant" that's why he is "lucky" IMO.

What a load of pish. He’s not a ‘so called’ legend, he’s one of the biggest legends in the history of Hibernian Football Club and nothing about that cup win was remotely lucky.

That cup win did more for us as a club than getting promoted would have in terms of selling season tickets, growing the club etc.

HibeeHibernian4
20-10-2019, 05:38 PM

That doesn't make any sense, the two things are mutually exclusive.

We were either far worse back then or we're not much better now. Which is it?

For what it's worth, we had a better team under Stubbs than we do right now - that's for sure.

Iggy Pope
20-10-2019, 05:41 PM
My posts are not in "tiny wee script" where I live - so it must be you ... probably something to do with your Brexit shenanigans :greengrin

Tiny.

basehibby
20-10-2019, 10:58 PM
I'm very much in the "bring him back" camp - being of the belief that there is such a thing as a good fit between a club and a manager - and that Stubbs is very much that man for Hibs.

Some of the revisionist rants on here with what I can only assume are attention seekers claiming Stubbs was a "failure" at Hibs are utterly ridiculous. He obviously "got" the club, the style of football that the fans wanted to see and the scale of the job - which he was equal to. He didn't get us promoted for two seasons but certainly had us playing attractive winning football that had the fans purring - and that from a standing start as he took over a wreck of a club on it's knees after suffering what was a shocking disgrace of a relegation. As a Hibernian Manager Stubbs was anything but a failure - he was certainly one of the best I have seen in my time as a fan.

There are no guarantees of success with any manager and Stubbs would have to take over a side full of PH's signings - few of whom have looked the business so far. But the football we saw under Stubbs was nothing if not entertaining and he got his teams playing for him with a real sense of belief. His record in the transfer market was also excellent and if only for that reason I would love to see him given another shot at the ER hotseat.

Michael
20-10-2019, 11:18 PM
Don't really agree about Stubbs football being particularly attractive. There were odd games where it all came together - but there were so many frustrating games where we played very pedestrian.

He's a legend for the cup, but I don't think he should return.

Unseen work
20-10-2019, 11:38 PM
I’m just scared that il be checking my phone all day tomorrow and there won’t be any news of Heckingbottom being sacked.

We simply can not afford to keep him.

I don’t think Stubbs is the answer however. Jack Ross for me.

1875godsgift
20-10-2019, 11:39 PM

Your posts have always been in tiny wee script, even before Brexit was invented!

PeeJay
21-10-2019, 03:51 AM
What a load of pish. He’s not a ‘so called’ legend, he’s one of the biggest legends in the history of Hibernian Football Club and nothing about that cup win was remotely lucky.

That cup win did more for us as a club than getting promoted would have in terms of selling season tickets, growing the club etc.

Just my opinion - different from yours - I stand by it. Not particularly impressed by your opinion either -

McD
21-10-2019, 05:36 AM
Don't really agree about Stubbs football being particularly attractive. There were odd games where it all came together - but there were so many frustrating games where we played very pedestrian.

He's a legend for the cup, but I don't think he should return.

:agree:

A Hi-Bee
26-10-2019, 04:21 PM
We should send a limo to collect them and they can pass Hecky as he heads back doon the road.
The man is driving us to relegation.

Joe Baker2
26-10-2019, 05:27 PM
I like Alan Stubbs. But for me he'll always be the journeyman manager who accidentally won the Scottish Cup. He isn't an experienced manager. This is proven by the fact he couldn't get us promoted and his car crash of a career since leaving Hibs. Yes, he contributed to the SC win but it was the players who get the credit. A club this size should have real aspirations in terms of a manager. Someone like Lennon but someone with the ability handle the pressure too.

Speedway
26-10-2019, 05:28 PM
I like Alan Stubbs. But for me he'll always be the journeyman manager who accidentally won the Scottish Cup. He isn't an experienced manager. This is proven by the fact he couldn't get us promoted and his car crash of a career since leaving Hibs. Yes, he contributed to the SC win but it was the players who get the credit. A club this size should have real aspirations in terms of a manager. Someone like Lennon but someone with the ability handle the pressure too.

Absolutely spot on.

Hermit Crab
26-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Still a no from me. Still David Moyes in for me.

Weegreenman
26-10-2019, 05:35 PM
Take Stubbs back in a heart beat.

raeburnhibs
26-10-2019, 05:36 PM
whats with this accidentally won the cup pash? that is a ridiculous statement

Greenworld
26-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Jim McArthur more prominent in the picture. Wonder if he’s in for the job eh?

Or maybe just watching the game / scouting / making a couple of bob.Agent

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

NC1875
26-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Stubbs had arguably the best midfield in Scotland when he was here, along with a younger David Gray and a younger Darren McGregor. None of those players have been replaced with a similar standard.

I personally don’t want him back but he’ll always be a legend.

HibeeHibernian4
26-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Stubbs had arguably the best midfield in Scotland when he was here, along with a younger David Gray and a younger Darren McGregor. None of those players have been replaced with a similar standard.

I personally don’t want him back but he’ll always be a legend.

I can’t work out if you’re calling this is a pro or con for Stubbs.

He signed all of that midfield + Gray and McGregor.

NC1875
26-10-2019, 06:31 PM
I can’t work out if you’re calling this is a pro or con for Stubbs.

He signed all of that midfield + Gray and McGregor.

Bit of both I suppose. He done well in part because of those players. He’s shown since leaving that he’s not actually that good a manager.