PDA

View Full Version : A win next Saturday is a must

eastcoasthibby
19-10-2019, 05:10 PM
If not the Board and him will be in real heavy conflict with the vast majority of fans and will I reckon see the real feeling of what the fans think after the game.
A home game and with the feeling out there could well be the formula that just can't be ignored ....warning signs are all there poor style, poor results, poor attitude from manager, poor decisions around the club this season and the board sitting quiet not listening......

19-10-2019, 05:11 PM
the fans need to start expressing their frustration. This apathy is pointless

Robbo6-2
19-10-2019, 05:14 PM
A wins not a must of you want rid of 2ndbottom

Heisenberg
19-10-2019, 05:14 PM
A win this Saturday was a must

Hibee Mac
19-10-2019, 05:15 PM
A win this Saturday was a must

Took the words out of my mouth

bingo70
19-10-2019, 05:15 PM
If not the Board and him will be in real heavy conflict with the vast majority of fans and will I reckon see the real feeling of what the fans think after the game.
A home game and with the feeling out there could well be the formula that just can't be ignored ....warning signs are all there poor style, poor results, poor attitude from manager, poor decisions around the club this season and the board sitting quiet not listening......

Why is next Saturday more significant than this weekend or last weekend?

It’s a must he’s replaced now, if we manage to scramble a win together next week nothing changes in my book.

Squirrel 1875
19-10-2019, 05:16 PM
Boycott the game. The board can’t ignore an empty ground. This manager and these players don’t deserve our support until we see some changes.

we are hibs
19-10-2019, 05:17 PM
the fans need to start expressing their frustration. This apathy is pointless

The apathy is due to the fact weve seen this all before. And despite promises being made of lessons being learned its becoming increasingly obvious that we are being lead down the same garden path as previously. The fans can only make their voices heard, will dempster listen or bury her head and not admit shes wrong? The latter i think, unfortunately.

Peanut Shaz
19-10-2019, 05:18 PM
And if we don't? Winning the Livingston game is a must, winning the cup semi is a must...and so it goes on. His time is up, there is no way he will see this season out never mind his contract. No point in delaying the inevitable. Just agree the severance package and be done with him.

emerald green
19-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Scraping up a win against Ross County next week (who were ripped apart today) although very welcome given the club's precarious position, would only be papering over the cracks.

Heckingbottom has to be replaced, as a first step, in trying to sort out the mess. Appoint someone who can organise and motivate the players he has at his disposal and make sure we don't go down.

If Hibs lose next week, then the Board must act.

kentao
19-10-2019, 05:19 PM
If we do win it will just prolong the enevitable. We are going backwards under hecky and needs replaced A.S.A.P.

H18S NX
19-10-2019, 05:20 PM
He shudnae get to next saturday,he shud be gone now.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2019, 05:20 PM
No one game in isolation is a 'must win'.

What is required is a significant improvement in performances and results over a sustained period of time. If next week is the start of that then great, if we win the 'must win' then lose the next 2 then it means nothing.

One defeat or one win in isolation is not grounds to make any kind of judgement on a team or a manager. It's when a patter emerges, as has happened thus far this season, that conclusions can start to be reached.

Bob Box Fish
19-10-2019, 05:21 PM
The only way forward from here is a protest next week at the match to remove Heckingbottom. Around 13k fans have bought season tickets and our league campaign is almost finished from a competitive perspective. If he stays he will see staying up as a success.

BroxburnHibee
19-10-2019, 05:24 PM
How many must win games that we don't win until he gets punted?

EI255
19-10-2019, 05:26 PM
We keep saying next win is a must. A reccuring theme!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
19-10-2019, 05:27 PM
A win this Saturday was a mustDisgrace not beating a team like HAFC. Absolute discrage.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
19-10-2019, 05:43 PM
How many "must win" games is that we've failed to win now?

Exactly the same thread will be regurgitated next Saturday night about the Livingston game and games after that as well.

Meanwhile we continue to sink further down the table and no action is taken.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 05:45 PM
Aye we heard this a month ago. Then we lost the derby.

Cataplana
19-10-2019, 05:45 PM
I think we are past the point of must wins, and should be looking at every point gained as precious.

Must not lose is nearer the mark.

Cod Boy
19-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Although county got well beat today they will see next Saturday they probably couldn’t have hand picked a easier soft touch to bounce back against.

RossScott1991
19-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Finding it hard to care anymore

Not excited for any of the games and I feltanger a few weeks back about the manager and how things are that has just turned into a shrug of the shoulders from me now. Not letting it ruin my mood at weekends

emerald green
19-10-2019, 05:50 PM
I remember Hibs supporters saying "a win next Saturday is a must" for weeks on end under Butcher, until the inevitable happened.

I find this current run of results and team performances are quite similar to the above.

The Board must act now.

loanheadhibby
19-10-2019, 05:54 PM
What is Dempster seeing in him that we don't? Or is Dempster now the problem also?

matty_f
19-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Three points today were a must. I remember the season we were relegated and as the season drew to a close each game became more important and we didn't step up.

It feels remarkably similar this season.

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 06:06 PM
Three points today were a must. I remember the season we were relegated and as the season drew to a close each game became more important and we didn't step up.

Yip, Today the atmosphere was as flat as I can recall, fely like an end of season fixture

Keith_M
19-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Sorry, but that has been the mantra for the last seven games

Captain Trips
19-10-2019, 06:12 PM
If he is on must win games already, he is not fit for purpose.

He has blew it and I don't want him anywhere near team next week.

Nicho87
19-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Relegation game hibs may try and sell it as.

Fuzzywuzzy
19-10-2019, 06:15 PM
Is this not a thing we say every Saturday?

green with envy
19-10-2019, 06:16 PM

How many times do we have to read that next Saturday is a must?

Alfred E Newman
19-10-2019, 06:18 PM
He needs to go now, not next Saturday. A win against Ross County would only delay the inevitable. His time is up.

Borderhibbie76
19-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Finding it hard to care anymore

Not excited for any of the games and I feltanger a few weeks back about the manager and how things are that has just turned into a shrug of the shoulders from me now. Not letting it ruin my mood at weekendsThis is exactly where I am with it mate. Never been so disinterested in Hibs in my lifetime as I am right now and I'm no glory hunter.. I've followed us home and away during 4 championship seasons in my lifetime. But this current lot are just insipid and boring to watch...just cant be bothered. I'm just gutted I renewed my ST but wont be making the same mistake in March if this continues much longer.

I've also now completely lost faith in Dempster...how she can sit back in silence and watch this unfold is beyond me. Shes also a fraud who made us a load on failed promises that the likes of this would never happen under her tenure. For me she should follow Hecky out the door after the Lennon mess last season and now this

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

eastcoasthibby
19-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Why is next Saturday more significant than this weekend or last weekend?

It’s a must he’s replaced now, if we manage to scramble a win together next week nothing changes in my book.

I agree he needs to go, and before today for me but he keeps getting a the support of the Board it appears ! Hence I just think next Saturday if no win I think that being at home brings it all to head ....a win doesn't change the overall picture but will take the edge of some fans feelings on that day and give us valuable points !!

Speedway
19-10-2019, 06:43 PM
All of our games are must lose until he gets his jotters.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 06:54 PM
A win next Saturday is a must... we've been saying that for weeks now.

Scotty Leither
19-10-2019, 07:01 PM
The apathy is due to the fact weve seen this all before. And despite promises being made of lessons being learned its becoming increasingly obvious that we are being lead down the same garden path as previously. The fans can only make their voices heard, will dempster listen or bury her head and not admit shes wrong? The latter i think, unfortunately.

This simple phrase nails it - it's like when you get shoddy service from a bank or a utility company and when you complain the "apology" you get for cr@p service is neatly encapsulated in glib statements like the one in bold.

It's extremely frustrating, and indicative of companies that don't give a stuff about their customer base - a bit like the Hibs at the moment, in fact.

Deansy
19-10-2019, 07:11 PM

If any support knows the warning-signals of relegation it's us !

hibeerealist
19-10-2019, 07:52 PM
And if we don't? Winning the Livingston game is a must, winning the cup semi is a must...and so it goes on. His time is up, there is no way he will see this season out never mind his contract. No point in delaying the inevitable. Just agree the severance package and be done with him.

Spot on Shaz