PDA

View Full Version : If you see Ron

Gerard
19-10-2019, 04:57 PM
The current situation at Hibs reminds of the advert about the sale of BG,if you see Sid tell him.
If any person has contact with Ron then please tell him that his investment in our club requires a new football coaching team,as we are at best mediocre and potentially at threat to be relegated from the SPL.
So,if you see Ron tell him.

Bukta#8
19-10-2019, 05:18 PM
The current situation at Hibs reminds of the advert about the sale of BG,if you see Sid tell him.
If any person has contact with Ron then please tell him that his investment in our club requires a new football coaching team,as we are at best mediocre and potentially at threat to be relegated from the SPL.
So,if you see Ron tell him.

I’m just back this afternoon from Peru 🇵🇪, looked high and low but never saw Ron or Paddington Bear for that matter

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Ah the new owner who will draw a salary, but not speak to us?

Who pays for his travel and accommodation? Bet it's the club

JimBHibees
19-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Don't care if he gets paid to travel over care more about him stepping up and doing what he is there to do. Best of the rest comment sounds laughable at the moment.

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Don't care if he gets paid to travel over care more about him stepping up and doing what he is there to do. Best of the rest comment sounds laughable at the moment.

Not actually sure what he plans, as apart from the takeover interviews, and a meet and greet with some fans, he hasn't said a word....

JimBHibees
19-10-2019, 06:07 PM
Not actually sure what he plans, as apart from the takeover interviews, and a meet and greet with some fans, he hasn't said a word....

Yep more than a little bizarre.

madsen5
19-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Yep more than a little bizarre.

Has someone explained relegation to him.

DarlingtonHibee
19-10-2019, 06:32 PM

Who says he drawing a salary?

Expenses will be tax deducted

Oh.... And he put in a seven figure sum, plus the debt has been paid off.

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 06:40 PM
Who says he drawing a salary?

Expenses will be tax deducted

Oh.... And he put in a seven figure sum, plus the debt has been paid off.

Wait until next years accounts come out, that'll show you

Scotty Leither
19-10-2019, 06:43 PM
He could maybe rent a flat in Edinburgh for his equally elusive appointee Archie Paton, and get him up from Cambridge and into Easter Road 3 or 4 days a week?

DarlingtonHibee
19-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Wait until next years accounts come out, that'll show you

Exactly you have no idea if he is taking a salary

bingo70
19-10-2019, 06:58 PM

Don’t think anyone knows anything about him or what he’s doing at Hibs.

That’s the problem.

Jack Hackett
19-10-2019, 07:01 PM
Who's this Ron fella everyone keeps alluding to?

... Just askin' likes

ionahibby
19-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Maybe this is his plan all along and in 3 years we will be looking at a massive business trump like tower where Easter road used to be.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 07:12 PM
He probably didn't even know we were playing today and couldn't find Hamilton on a map.

madsen5
19-10-2019, 07:12 PM
Maybe this is his plan all along and in 3 years we will be looking at a massive business trump like tower where Easter road used to be.

And lots of houses at HTC .

Pretty Boy
19-10-2019, 07:14 PM
Have all the departments handed over the reports and plans he had allegedly asked for?

Given our performance in a number of areas they should contain plenty food for thought.

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 07:20 PM

Most executive chairpersons do.....

Unseen work
19-10-2019, 07:22 PM
I’m in the minority by the looks of it that doesn’t want the new owner coming out in the press every couple of weeks.

Times are looking bad and I’m sure he’s well aware. He’s not going to come out and say how brutal we’ve been nor is he going to say how we are away to then it around.

Actions speak louder than words. He’s had his time to assess and have everyone a fair and probably reasonable amount of time as they would have been given a clean slate.

Now it’s time to pull the plug on Heckingbottom.

Onion
19-10-2019, 07:32 PM
I’m in the minority by the looks of it that doesn’t want the new owner coming out in the press every couple of weeks.

Times are looking bad and I’m sure he’s well aware. He’s not going to come out and say how brutal we’ve been nor is he going to say how we are away to then it around.

Actions speak louder than words. He’s had his time to assess and have everyone a fair and probably reasonable amount of time as they would have been given a clean slate.

Now it’s time to pull the plug on Heckingbottom.

Not sure we can accuse Ron of dominating the airwaves, somehow.

If he's looking for some guidance, I'd say we could probably tolerate his public intervention when the club is clearly in crisis. Some, even a little bit of visibility from Ron or Dempster over the last few painful weeks would have been helpful. At the moment, it feels like Hibs fans are a lone voice screaming the obvious and no one is listening or cares.

1 win in 9. Yes, seriously.

DarlingtonHibee
19-10-2019, 07:43 PM
Most executive chairpersons do.....

Rod or stf did not.

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Rod or stf did not.

Rod was non-exec Chairman.

DarlingtonHibee
19-10-2019, 07:45 PM
Rod was non-exec Chairman.

Strangely I knew that.

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Strangely I knew that.

What is your point or are you just being wide?

Since90+2
19-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Let's all turn on Ron. That will help.

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Let's all turn on Ron. That will help.

You don't think he deserves criticism?

Since90+2
19-10-2019, 07:59 PM
You don't think he deserves criticism?

Do you think it will help our current plight? Honestly?

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 08:03 PM
Do you think it will help our current plight? Honestly?

He is the owner. A silent owner. No talk of plans for the club as of yet. People are rightly asking questions

Since90+2
19-10-2019, 08:08 PM
He is the owner. A silent owner. No talk of plans for the club as of yet. People are rightly asking questions

Do you think it will help the club to come on a fans forum and start a thread like this? There's enough negatively around the club right now as it is. Don't see how starting a passive aggressive thread against our new owner helps on any way whatsoever.

Some folk will always find a way to have a go at
Hibs.

DarlingtonHibee
19-10-2019, 08:08 PM

How many press conferences did stf do?

Scotty Leither
19-10-2019, 08:09 PM

Correct - maybe word will filter back to him that his club are in freefall and the natives are getting a bit restless. Maybe then he'll stop with the Wizard of Oz act and take some action to rectify it?

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 08:10 PM
Do you think it will help the club to come on a fans forum and start a thread like this? There's enough negatively around the club right now as it is. Don't see how starting a passive aggressive thread against our new owner helps on any way whatsoever.

You could say that on every thread at the moment. The fans are rightly concerned. We don't know what our owner thinks yet

Since90+2
How many press conferences did stf do?

Good question.

WestCoastHibby
He’s as elusive as a fart in the fog in my opinion

Since90+2
19-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Correct - maybe word will filter back to him that his club are in freefall and the natives are getting a bit restless. Maybe then he'll stop with the Wizard of Oz act and take some action to rectify it?

He is the owner not the CEO. If the club is failing right now it's down to the CEO and the Head Coach not down to a guy who bought the club about 13 weeks ago.

We seriously don't need Hibs fans to turn on Ron Gordon. Daft threads like this don't help the situation at all.

Gerard
19-10-2019, 08:32 PM
He is the owner not the CEO. If the club is failing right now it's down to the CEO and the Head Coach not down to a guy who bought the club about 13 weeks ago.

We seriously don't need Hibs fans to turn on Ron Gordon. Daft threads like this don't help the situation at all.

I do not see people tuning on Rod Gordon. The people want to hear about his detailed plans for the club and for this to happen ASAP.

Scotty Leither
19-10-2019, 08:39 PM
Good question.

STF made his role plain from the start - he had his factor in the shape of Petrie to do things like press conferences - mind you he was about as visible as Commissioner Gordon is too.

southern hibby
19-10-2019, 10:56 PM
I don’t think for one second Baldy Foghorn is turning on the club. I think he is rightly concerned about ( what I think too ) is the lack of leadership. We need to address our shortcomings and soon before we are in a real relegation dogfight.

It’s Ron’s Club as he now owns it. Let’s see him ( if he is earning a wage ) earn it and steer us in the right direction because the silence coming from the directors box during this difficult time is deafening.

GGTTH

Glory Lurker
19-10-2019, 11:30 PM
Who is quieter, Ron or LD?

Carheenlea
19-10-2019, 11:38 PM
Who is quieter, Ron or LD?

Archie Paton

Glory Lurker
20-10-2019, 12:10 AM
Archie Paton

And him.