PDA

View Full Version : Question Anyone Still Willing To Defend Heckingbottom?

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Well?? Anybody want to try and stick up for him after that crap today? That was absolute garbage, especially in the second half. Time is well and truly up for him now.

Please act now Hibs. We will get relegated if he remains in charge. The longer we leave it the harder it is to repair the damage.

zitelli62
19-10-2019, 04:21 PM
No

Ozyhibby
19-10-2019, 04:23 PM
Anyone willing to defend this board that continues to back this failure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisski33
19-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Since452 will defend him

MWHIBBIES
19-10-2019, 04:27 PM
If they were I really doubt they'd post in this pathetic thread. Just looking for someone to abuse. Sad stuff.

Allant1981
As I mentioned on another thread, I've been one of his biggest supporters but these are the games we should and need to have been winning, we were crying out for someone up front with doidge as he was winning almost every ball in to him but it was pointless as he had no help, the manager had the best view of it from the stand yet still changed nothing

blackpoolhibs
Canny wait for this thread to take off. :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
19-10-2019, 04:28 PM
No.

gazzag70
19-10-2019, 04:29 PM
It absolutely baffles me why ANYONE?would defend this man who is up there with the worst managers in our history.

Hermit Crab
If they were I really doubt they'd post in this pathetic thread. Just looking for someone to abuse. Sad stuff.

Aye no bother. Hope your hands don’t hurt from all the happy clapping you’re doing.

HendoDelivered
Absolutely not.

The 90+2

In what way is it sad and pathetic? People are hurting and shifting themselves about the future of the football club.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 04:30 PM
Aye no bother. Hope your hands don’t hurt from all the happy clapping you’re doing.

There’s not even happy clapping anymore. There’s nothing to defend it.

My_Wife_Camille
If you want Heckingbottom to stay you are not a real Hibs fan

J-C
Since452 will defend him

So will Calumhibee1

Doh Rae Me
19-10-2019, 04:35 PM
No its criminal what he is doing to us.

Stokesy's on fire
Dempster needs to be punted ASAP for simply allowing Hecky to steer this ship into an Iceberg

Baldy Foghorn
The board are equally to blame. Sitting on their hands.

MWHIBBIES
Can you guys actually read? I said nothing about PH. I said this thread is extremely pathetic, calling out and condemning posters who may have a different opinion.

I want him gone as well. I've said that multiple times. I'm not a happy clapper at all.

Oscar T Grouch
19-10-2019, 04:37 PM
Today we should have been sitting 3 points in front of a terrible hertz team, were one point ahead of them, 1 win in 14 games, 3rd bottom of the league. There’s nae defending that.

Lee Marvin
19-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Yes - her name is Leeann Dempster

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2019, 04:39 PM
No, I think we all know that he isn't the answer going forward. We need a fresh start before we return to the days of eight thousand crowds, with thousands of Hibees just not interested. It feels like 2012-13 again; let's recapture the feel good factor before it's too late.

emerald green
19-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Anyone willing to defend this board that continues to back this failure?

Perhaps the new owner of the club? 7 points out of 27 = relegation form = failure.

Not In The Know
19-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Nope. **** and boring.

What I find telling for me is when I can’t even be bothered to click the link to the pre match press conference on YouTube. I have no interest in what he’s got to say.

Callum_62
19-10-2019, 04:57 PM
The performances last few games have improved no doubt but he needs to start picking up some wins as time must be running out

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

19-10-2019, 04:59 PM
He lost me weeks ago. Had we not scrapped through on penalties v Kilmarnock can’t be help think he’d have been down the road by now.

This is up there with the worst football I’ve seen at Easter Road.

Really starting to worry for the club. Clearly actions needs to be taken on and off the field as we’re being taken in the wrong direction.

we are hibs
19-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Can you guys actually read? I said nothing about PH. I said this thread is extremely pathetic, calling out and condemning posters who may have a different opinion.

I want him gone as well. I've said that multiple times. I'm not a happy clapper at all.

:faf:

we are hibs
19-10-2019, 05:03 PM
The performances last few games have improved no doubt but he needs to start picking up some wins as time must be running out

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

The performance as soon as we conceded a goal today was horrific. Theres a severe lack of character in this team and thats being reflected from the managers lack of character.

Captain Trips
19-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Total pish yet again. Seems to have no plan B which is needed when your Plan A is also pish.

DTS
19-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Ahhh the famous old hibs are back. Plenty nice tippy tappy stuff decent football at times but no cutting edge and don’t kill the game, settle back n take the foot off when you score. Leaving kamberi on the bench till 89th min and we still create more in they 4 mins than the previous 44 of the half. Time for heckingbottom to go, we’ve played alright against Celtic Aberdeen and Hamilton but results are what count and no win in the last 10 games in 90 minutes is a disgrace. I think now is the time to act and the club can still save face, to continue backing him now would be borderline lunacy.

Sean1875
19-10-2019, 05:14 PM
So bored of him.

Gerard
19-10-2019, 05:16 PM
No

19-10-2019, 05:19 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. “Come on in and oppose our view so we can gang up on you”.

I don’t think you’ll find many hibs fans that are Heckys biggest fans atm but ffs this thread is pathetic man.

Liam89
19-10-2019, 05:21 PM
I'm still in the Hecky In camp, think he should have the next 2 home games, if we don't win both I'd say get rid as there's no chance of the sour atmosphere allowing anymore time. Two home wins would hopefully lighten the mood a little and ease the pressure off the players allowing us to soar up the table.

Aldo
19-10-2019, 05:36 PM
What did he say post match?

fat freddy
19-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Its like Bertie Auld all over again

Peanut Shaz
19-10-2019, 05:39 PM
I'm still in the Hecky In camp, think he should have the next 2 home games, if we don't win both I'd say get rid as there's no chance of the sour atmosphere allowing anymore time. Two home wins would hopefully lighten the mood a little and ease the pressure off the players allowing us to soar up the table.
So he wins the next two, then draws four, loses two and so on and so on. It's not going to improve. His time is up.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. “Come on in and oppose our view so we can gang up on you”.

I don’t think you’ll find many hibs fans that are Heckys biggest fans atm but ffs this thread is pathetic man.

You do realise there’s the opposite thread?

Fife-Hibee
19-10-2019, 05:40 PM

"I'm disappointed, frustrated, it's lots of similarities again. We took the lead, were playing really well and should be talking about a superb goal from Stevie Mallan and other great opportunities where the football is fantastic.

"The game should be put to bed. I can't remember Chris Maxwell having a save to make. We came here for three points and should have got them."

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 05:41 PM

Unlucky, played well, stupid mistakes, too soft, lose possession cheaply, blame officials.

Aldo
"I'm disappointed, frustrated, it's lots of similarities again. We took the lead, were playing really well and should be talking about a superb goal from Stevie Mallan and other great opportunities where the football is fantastic.

"The game should be put to bed. I can't remember Chris Maxwell having a save to make. We came here for three points and should have got them."

Thanks FH.

ionahibby

So I’m not a Hibs fan because I thought we played well today. Aye ok

FitbaFolkKen
19-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Hibernian head coach Paul Heckingbottom: "I'm disappointed, frustrated, it's lots of similarities again. We took the lead, were playing really well and should be talking about a superb goal from Stevie Mallan and other great opportunities where the football is fantastic.

With a bit of luck we would have had a fair few more points than we currently do. St J and Aberdeen at least and perhaps today. Apart from a stupid challenge in the box we were solid at the back and never looked troubled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we are hibs

He was rambling on about how hamilton and aberdeen have a good home record and how we did well to restrict them both to few chances.

Aldo
Unlucky, played well, stupid mistakes, too soft, lose possession cheaply, blame officials.

So same as most weeks then!

Not... I got it wrong, I should have put my subs on earlier blah blah

Doh Rae Me
19-10-2019, 05:43 PM

I don't know.
All I could hear was white noise.

Fife-Hibee
19-10-2019, 05:43 PM

Beaton was an absolute fud today tbh. (As he is in every game he refs for us)

emerald green
19-10-2019, 05:44 PM

"Should be" (but wasn't), "should have" (but didn't). Tired of the same old failings, the same old excuses.

Aldo
19-10-2019, 05:45 PM
Hibernian head coach Paul Heckingbottom: "I'm disappointed, frustrated, it's lots of similarities again. We took the lead, were playing really well and should be talking about a superb goal from Stevie Mallan and other great opportunities where the football is fantastic.

With a bit of luck we would have had a fair few more points than we currently do. St J and Aberdeen at least and perhaps today. Apart from a stupid challenge in the box we were solid at the back and never looked troubled.

Cheers for that. Luck my arse. You make your own luck he sets up not to get beaten not to win. One up top week in week out restricts chances and doesn’t bring our Lone striker into the game but isolates him.

He can just go and happy to drive him wherever he wants!

kaimendhibs
19-10-2019, 05:47 PM
Was it a foul on Newell in the box? I was sure it was but crap view in that joke of a "stadium"

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Badabing
19-10-2019, 05:47 PM
Not a fan of changing Manager’s unless it’s completely clear an affordable alternative would be better but if he plays 451 against Ross County at home my mind will be made up. Has to go.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 05:48 PM
So same as most weeks then!

Not... I got it wrong, I should have put my subs on earlier blah blah

I didn’t even listen to be honest mate, I just guessed. 😂😂

Speedway
19-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Not a fan of changing Manager’s unless it’s completely clear an affordable alternative would be better but if he plays 451 against Ross County at home my mind will be made up. Has to go.

That’s what it’ll take?

Not the fact we’ve won one league game since April?

Alfred E Newman
19-10-2019, 05:52 PM
I wasn't sure but after sitting through yet another turgid 90mins I'm convinced his time is up. The sooner he is gone the better though what any replacement is going to do with this squad of players I don't know.

green with envy
19-10-2019, 05:58 PM

The thread is absolutely justified. This was another shocker from heckingbottom.

Why is it that when we get a lead we can't seem to hold on to it, St Mirren aside?

Why is is it that we have never won a league game with more than one goal since his tenure?

Why did he take Mallan out of central mid today when he clearly had his best game in yonks to put him wide right, only to put him back in the middle 15 minutes later?

Why does when making subs during a game always goes man for man and never changes the formation of the team?

Why is it after another uninspiring performance some folk are not seeing the dross week after week that we are having to put up with?

Hibs under this clown takes me back to the Bertie Auld days where it was more important not to lose as to go out and win.

Like you HC, I go H&A every week but it's now getting to the stage where i'm now seriously thinking of picking and choosing my games.

Apolgies for the rant - now over but, the sooner he goes the better.

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Went to Hamilton today in hope we had learnt from earlier in the season.

Instead it was like Groundhog Day.

Take the lead - do nothing till half time.

Play awful 2nd half - make the wrong subs and all too late / lose a goal and drop 2 points against a crap opposition.

How many chances does a manager get ?

League cup group stage mess.
Rangers hammering
Derby loss
Giving up a lead to 10 men and numerous occasions winning then dropping points.

These results are simple not acceptable for a club like Hibs.

The worst thing is the style of play and I watched the players closely today and they are really not enjoying playing football. I also think some of them have chucked it with him in charge - some of the closing down was non existent and watching players run past Vela and him not track runners is terrible viewing.

The subs / tactics and lack of fitness plus inability to actually dominate a game is sackable on its on.

We are going to lose 2 of our best players as he isn’t playing them and they want to leave - Marciano and Flo. We have already made mistakes letting Bartley go and if these 2 also go with will struggle to bring in better or similar.

We are a mess as a club - too many comfortable in their roles. Lack of leadership and accountability is staggering.

Won’t attend another away game till he goes.

truehibernian
19-10-2019, 06:09 PM

He's in cloud cuckoo-land :aok: words, cliches and rhetoric...........fails to see what's in front of him and is treating fans like mugs with every post match interview.

Paul - take note - we are not zipped up the back up here and more than most supporters here expect honest assessments of games as we are (for the most part) knowledgeable about the game we watch and witness.

The man is seriously clueless if he thinks we play 'fantastic football'

3pm
19-10-2019, 06:13 PM
Good point at a hard venue.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 06:16 PM
7 points from 27 this season with his team, thats his words by the way. Thats a sacking in itself.

Going back further its 29 points from a possible 66 in the 22 league matches since he took over in February.

green with envy
19-10-2019, 06:17 PM

Give it up.

3pm
19-10-2019, 06:17 PM
7 points from 27 this season with his team, thats his words by the way. Thats a sacking in itself.

Going back further its 29 points from a possible 66 in the 22 league matches since he took over in February.

Hecky's at the wheel man. Shut it.

Keith_M
19-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Bertie Auld.

3pm
19-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Give it up.

What?

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:20 PM
What?

Why troll?

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 06:21 PM

Hard venue..it’s basically a bigger Spartans.

Hibs have a 3G pitch at the training centre - had 2 weeks to prepare for this and even in the last 15 minutes weren’t showing any urgency to win the game.

Flo did more in 5 minutes ( how ridiculous was ithe only got 5 mins when you need to win the game ?!) than many other players did in 90 mins.

Embarrassing having 3 coaches all standing up barking orders to players too. Shambles of a set up.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 06:26 PM
In our relegation season we had picked up 14 points from 27 after 9 games. We are 7 points off that total at present. In the first 9 games we played:

Motherwell H 0-1 loss

Hearts A 1-0 loss

Dundee Ut H 1-1 draw

Kilmarnock A 1-2 win

Ross County H 0-0 draw

St Johnstone A 1-2 win

St Mirren H 2-0 win

Inverness A 3-0 loss

Partick A 0-1 win

The ones in bold we have played this season winning 1, drawing one and losing 3. Thats 4 points form 10. Stats don't lie. Its brutal.

MWHIBBIES
19-10-2019, 06:27 PM
:faf: Something funny pal?

Went to Hamilton today in hope we had learnt from earlier in the season.

Instead it was like Groundhog Day.

Take the lead - do nothing till half time.

Play awful 2nd half - make the wrong subs and all too late / lose a goal and drop 2 points against a crap opposition.

How many chances does a manager get ?

League cup group stage mess.
Rangers hammering
Derby loss
Giving up a lead to 10 men and numerous occasions winning then dropping points.

These results are simple not acceptable for a club like Hibs.

The worst thing is the style of play and I watched the players closely today and they are really not enjoying playing football. I also think some of them have chucked it with him in charge - some of the closing down was non existent and watching players run past Vela and him not track runners is terrible viewing.

The subs / tactics and lack of fitness plus inability to actually dominate a game is sackable on its on.

We are going to lose 2 of our best players as he isn’t playing them and they want to leave - Marciano and Flo. We have already made mistakes letting Bartley go and if these 2 also go with will struggle to bring in better or similar.

We are a mess as a club - too many comfortable in their roles. Lack of leadership and accountability is staggering.

Won’t attend another away game till he goes.
This thread isn't about any of that though, it's clearly directed at those who oppose the general circle jerk which is pathetic. It's ganging up on those who aren't against the manager.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Hecky's at the wheel man. Shut it.

Lay off the hard stuff eh.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Something funny pal?

This thread isn't about any of that though, it's clearly directed at those who oppose the general circle jerk which is pathetic. It's ganging up on those who aren't against the manager.

Its clearly not though is it? Its about seeing if anyone is still willing to back him and their reasons why. I'm sorry you feel this way.

3pm
19-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Lay off the hard stuff eh.

Drinking a can of coke.

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Something funny pal?

Thing is though anyone who is willing to defend him is either on the wind up / trolling or clueless when it comes to understanding how to set up a football team in Scotland.

Hibs fans don’t expect to win every game but what’s on offer this season has been a disgrace.

£22 to watch that today - scandalous.

Listened to the Tommy Wright interview on way home and it’s exactly what Hecky should be saying - players brought in aren’t performing and Hecky need to say we have to change our style as what’s been played isn’t getting results / wins.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Something funny pal?

Name one instance on this thread there’s been any sort of hanging up on anyone.

But you won’t be able to, because there isn’t.

Crab apple
19-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Bertie Auld.

Lol. That takes me back.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Drinking a can of coke.

Too much sugar then.

FitbaFolkKen
Listened to the Tommy Wright interview on way home and it’s exactly what Hecky should be saying - players brought in aren’t performing and Hecky need to say we have to change our style as what’s been played isn’t getting results / wins.

That’s exactly what he said a few games ago and got slaughtered for it.

BlackSheep
Please can we make trolling a caution-able offence... its very tiresome!

MWHIBBIES
19-10-2019, 06:37 PM
Name one instance on this thread there’s been any sort of hanging up on anyone.

But you won’t be able to, because there isn’t. Because no one has defended the manager because who the **** would post that in this pathetic witch hunt.

Thing is though anyone who is willing to defend him is either on the wind up / trolling or clueless when it comes to understanding how to set up a football team in Scotland.

Hibs fans don’t expect to win every game but what’s on offer this season has been a disgrace.

£22 to watch that today - scandalous.

So anyone with a different opinion to you is wrong? Pretty slippery slope to go down that is.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Because no one has defended the manager because who the **** would post that in this pathetic witch hunt.

So anyone with a different opinion to you is wrong? Pretty slippery slope to go down that is.

You think posters all of a sudden are feared to say they back the manager now? Dearie me.

Iggy Pope
19-10-2019, 06:39 PM

I listened to Sportsound bag of crap and then the off the ball bag of crap after it all the way home. Aberdeen were discussed at length to the extent that the game had been over 30 mins and Richard Gordon felt compelled to go over the Aberdeen starting XI again with his mouth full of Willie Millers wee man. Tommy Wright was interviewed by Chic near the end of Sportsound. He was sad, mundane and sounded like he was beat. 15 mins later, I kid you not, OTB ran the same interview again with Cosgrove trying to convince us it was live.
They never went to Hamilton at all. Aberdeen / St Johnstone/ Motherwell fans podcast.

The hour listening was as predictably boring as the multitudes of stats and repetition we are getting on here.

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 06:40 PM
That’s exactly what he said a few games ago and got slaughtered for it.

I wouldn’t take Tommy Wright at ER and sounds like he’s lost the dressing room.

Similar to Hecky but Hecky beats around the bush and blames anything but himself for the terrible form / way we play.

I do wonder who we base our style of play on as it’s really honking and in effective.

3pm
19-10-2019, 06:41 PM
Too much sugar then.

Only drank half.

WestCoastHibby
19-10-2019, 06:42 PM
There are lots of out of work managers / coaches available that could do a way better job

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 06:43 PM
There are lots of out of work managers / coaches available that could do a way better job

:agree: David Moyes.

FitbaFolkKen
19-10-2019, 06:45 PM
I wouldn’t take Tommy Wright at ER and sounds like he’s lost the dressing room.

Similar to Hecky but Hecky beats around the bush and blames anything but himself for the terrible form / way we play.

I do wonder who we base our style of play on as it’s really honking and in effective.

I wouldn’t want him either, I’m still in the camp I hope hecky turns it round. At the end of the day sacking a manager costs us money, if he can turn it round then that is a better result.

I was only posting at the statement that anyone supporting hecky doesn’t have a clue. When the poster in question is demanding hecky say something he has already said. Little ironic ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/49790635

Aldo
19-10-2019, 06:45 PM
I listened to Sportsound bag of crap and then the off the ball bag of crap after it all the way home. Aberdeen were discussed at length to the extent that the game had been over 30 mins and Richard Gordon felt compelled to go over the Aberdeen starting XI again with his mouth full of Willie Millers wee man. Tommy Wright was interviewed by Chic near the end of Sportsound. He was sad, mundane and sounded like he was beat. 15 mins later, I kid you not, OTB ran the same interview again with Cosgrove trying to convince us it was live.
They never went to Hamilton at all. Aberdeen / St Johnstone/ Motherwell fans podcast.

The hour listening was as predictably boring as the multitudes of stats and repetition we are getting on here.

I have not listened to that programme for over 5 years after a number of weeks of shocking comments about Hibs by the so called panel that included Preston, Miller and the boring as **** Gordon. Slating Hibs at every opportunity yet the yams had fleeced local businesses etc and the love in for them and Aberdeen.

Woeful programme imho so kudos for listening to it.

FitbaFolkKen
19-10-2019, 06:47 PM

The issue is there is a lot of mediocrity of out work, as grim as it is now it could get worse. The ideal scenario is a few wins and someone down south to come in for Hecky.

Deansy
19-10-2019, 06:48 PM
No, I think we all know that he isn't the answer going forward. We need a fresh start before we return to the days of eight thousand crowds, with thousands of Hibees just not interested. It feels like 2012-13 again; let's recapture the feel good factor before it's too late.

THIS !

All the good work that's been done in the last few years is in danger of being all for nothing !. We're hearing nothing from the board, LD isn't even out there backing/condemning PH - nothing !. Are we already back to the days of the 'cold war' when the fans were treated like the enemy ?. When LD first arived she was a breath of fresh air, suddenly there was a connect between the fans and the board - now, when it's obvious that the team are in dire trouble, we're back to hearing or learning nothing about what possible steps are being taken to avoid what is blatantly obvious - relegation ?. Is it going to take relegation/horrific ST-sales before action's taken or has Gardner just brought us for the value of our land ??. We need a new manager now, possibly two - one to save us this season and one to get us back on track !

3pm
19-10-2019, 06:49 PM
:agree: David Moyes.

How do you know that about Moyes?

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 06:50 PM
I wouldn’t want him either, I’m still in the camp I hope hecky turns it round. At the end of the day sacking a manager costs us money, if he can turn it round then that is a better result.

I was only posting at the statement that anyone supporting hecky doesn’t have a clue. When the poster in question is demanding hecky say something he has already said. Little ironic ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/49790635

He’s not turning this around.

I’ve been where you are and hoped he would.

List the specific positives from today’s performance ?

Actually this season ?

Very few..

Results ?
Enjoyable performances ?
Comebacks ?
Great goals ?
Good defending ?
Young players coming through?
New players looking an improvement ?
Previous signings playing well?

We have somehow reached a semi final after scrapping though group stages and then beating Killie on pens in a game we had 1 shot on goal. Even that performance was hard to praise.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 06:53 PM
How do you know that about Moyes?

Maybe his record with Preston and Everton?

Libby Hibby
19-10-2019, 06:56 PM
He needs to go. Shocking record. We’re so predictable that you could’ve scripted that today after we took the lead. If money was your god, you could back against Hibs and make money on a weekly basis.

Hibs90
19-10-2019, 06:56 PM
“I hated every bit of sitting in the stands to be honest with you and I’m not looking forward to next Saturday"

Aye same Paul. Hopefully you get it ****ing tight.

FitbaFolkKen
19-10-2019, 06:57 PM

Actually this season ?

Very few..

Results ?
Enjoyable performances ?
Comebacks ?
Great goals ?
Good defending ?

We have somehow reached a semi final after scrapping though group stages and then beating Killie on pens in a game we had 1 shot on goal. Even that performance was hard to praise.

Had it not been for some ridiculous finishing/decisions in the last couple of games then we would have had 6 points from them instead of 2. Horgan and Doidge would expect to do better.

The whole club needs a win and then we will see if a little confidence shifts the dynamic and allows the players to play a bit of football.

3pm
19-10-2019, 06:58 PM
“I hated every bit of sitting in the stands to be honest with you and I’m not looking forward to next Saturday"

Aye same Paul. Hopefully you get it ****ing tight.

He never said that! 😂

Hibs90
19-10-2019, 06:59 PM
He never said that! 😂

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4856138/hamilton-hibs-paul-heckingbottom/

Yes he did.

3pm
19-10-2019, 07:02 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4856138/hamilton-hibs-paul-heckingbottom/

Yes he did.

😂🙈

allmodcons
19-10-2019, 07:03 PM

Quality way to close down debate.

bingo70
19-10-2019, 07:04 PM
😂🙈

I don’t see the problem with that?

I want him sacked and I’m annoyed at how bad we are but surely he’s just saying he hates sitting in the stand and isn’t looking forward to managing a team from the start again next week?

Golden Bear
19-10-2019, 07:04 PM
I'm looking forward to this year's AGM, it should be interesting! 😃😠

Libby Hibby
19-10-2019, 07:06 PM

I want him sacked and I’m annoyed at how bad we are but surely he’s just saying he hates sitting in the stand and isn’t looking forward to managing a team from the start again next week?

He can’t manage from the stand, he can’t manage from the dugout...perhaps he should try from the car or at home next time.

3pm
19-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Go to your work then Bingo. You should look forward to watching Hibs at the end of the week but the manger isn’t looking forward to it.

Magic.

green with envy
19-10-2019, 07:16 PM
What?

So what impressed you today with the heckingbottom's tactics?

3pm
19-10-2019, 07:21 PM
So what impressed you today with the heckingbottom's tactics?

The pressing.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 07:30 PM
The pressing.

:tee hee: :fishin:

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 07:31 PM
The pressing.

Not in second half

green with envy
19-10-2019, 07:31 PM
The pressing.

Haha, what pressing? you obviously werny there.

Not In The Know
19-10-2019, 07:32 PM

Actually this season ?

Very few..

Results ?
Enjoyable performances ?
Comebacks ?
Great goals ?
Good defending ?

this.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2019, 07:32 PM
The pressing.

:agree: A lovely crease in his shirt.

Hiber-nation
19-10-2019, 07:33 PM
The pressing.

If you're being serious (which I doubt) Doidge's attempts to press in the 2nd half were actually laughable.

J-C
19-10-2019, 07:33 PM
Doe anyone else think some of the players have stopped playing for him, there seems to be a lack of fight in the team, we seem to capitulate all too easily again.

Onion
19-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Would say he's lost it, but that suggests he had it in the first place.

Leeds know the score but failed to tell Hibs.

B.H.F.C
19-10-2019, 07:35 PM
The performance as soon as we conceded a goal today was horrific.

Wrong. It was a soon as we scored a goal that we stopped playing.

The team have no belief at all. Scoring a goal ends up working against us!

3pm
19-10-2019, 07:39 PM
Haha, what pressing? you obviously werny there.

I left at half time.

green with envy
19-10-2019, 07:40 PM
Wrong. It was a soon as we scored a goal that we stopped playing.

The team have no belief at all. Scoring a goal ends up working against us!

It seems pretty obvious to me is when we score first his tactics to the players is to make sure we don't lose a goal and defend the lead. Stupid, as it has only worked once this season.

Robbo6-2
19-10-2019, 07:42 PM
There is a thread on Leeds Utd Forum saying exactly what 95% our fans see.

A man who talks BS in the media, chops and changes his side and plays awful football.

Terrible Terrible appointment. Time for him to go

Libby Hibby
19-10-2019, 07:43 PM
Doe anyone else think some of the players have stopped playing for him, there seems to be a lack of fight in the team, we seem to capitulate all too easily again.

Have they ever played for him? Serious question. Ate what point this season have the players, management and support been in unison?

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 07:52 PM
Have they ever played for him? Serious question. Ate what point this season have the players, management and support been in unison?

Celtic we battled but only had 1 shot on target plus could easily have lost that game.

Die hards got behind the team.

Maybe 1st game of season but still wasn’t great / more relief to get a win.

Aberdeen away possibly but we made a mess of any feel good momentum against 10 men and x18 year olds in Aberdeen team.

Since1875
19-10-2019, 07:52 PM
The worst thing we could have done was get in to the semi final of the League cup and draw with a really really poor Celtic side at home. Can’t believe I’m saying that!!! But it’s bought him time we cannot afford to give I’m afraid. Buckle up folks!

J-C
19-10-2019, 07:54 PM

This is true, is his tactics annoying the players also.
Was there not rumours of the new players not blending with the the ones that where here already, I can't remember if I read that, either that or I've just made it up :greengrin

Pretty Boy
19-10-2019, 07:56 PM
I can totally understand why no one wants to stick their head above the parapet and defend the manager. Whether people want to admit it or not anyone doing so would be subjected to grief and a certain level of 'mob mentality'. In saying that I don't think there are many still backing him anyway.

A couple of months back before things got really vitriolic I asked a similar question on the PM board. A few people replied and the general response seemed to be it was blind optimism rather than anytging they were actually seeing. If someone is naturally optimistic then I suppose that makes sense.

I think it's increasingly difficult to defend him now though. As I said elsewhere the progress of late has to be a measured against the bigger picture. Where have we actually progressed from? It seems to be being measured against the low ebb of a shocking run and a Derby defeat rather than over any meaningful timeframe.

I would be interested to read some form of defence of the manager purely because it might point out something myself, and a majority of other it would seem, am missing. I'm not sure such a defence exists though.

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2019, 07:59 PM
I can totally understand why no one wants to stick their head above the parapet and defend the manager. Whether people want to admit it or not anyone doing so would be subjected to grief and a certain level of 'mob mentality'. In saying that I don't think there are many still backing him anyway.

A couple of months back before things got really vitriolic I asked a similar question on the PM board. A few people replied and the general response seemed to be it was blind optimism rather than anytging they were actually seeing. If someone is naturally optimistic then I suppose that makes sense.

I think it's increasingly difficult to defend him now though. As I said elsewhere the progress of late has to be a measured against the bigger picture. Where have we actually progressed from? It seems to be being measured against the low ebb of a shocking run and a Derby defeat rather than over any meaningful timeframe.

I would be interested to read some form of defence of the manager purely because it might point out something myself, and a majority of other it would seem, am missing. I'm not sure such a defence exists though.

:top marks

It's over, but let's respect each other's views, IMHO.

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 08:01 PM
The worst thing we could have done was get in to the semi final of the League cup and draw with a really really poor Celtic side at home. Can’t believe I’m saying that!!! But it’s bought him time we cannot afford to give I’m afraid. Buckle up folks!

The semi money could help pay him and his staff off.

Like the derby and previous games though it’s an opportunity for the wrong manager when a new manager could give the team a boost and actually get a result.

Drawing with Celtic at ER was lucky there is no chance we will beat them at Hampden with his tactics and player selections.

Deansy
19-10-2019, 08:08 PM

:top marks

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2019, 08:10 PM

Great post. I haven’t seen a way back for him for some time now and I really don’t think he deserves a January transfer window. But as I’m all matters Hibs I’m always open to temperate persuasion by fellow supporters who might see something I’ve missed.

I’m at a loss to think about that a pro PH argument might even look lokff red now though.

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2019, 08:30 PM
Great post. I haven’t seen a way back for him for some time now and I really don’t think he deserves a January transfer window. But as I’m all matters Hibs I’m always open to temperate persuasion by fellow supporters who might see something I’ve missed.

I’m at a loss to think about that a pro PH argument might even look lokff red now though.

:agree:

PB usually gives a reasonable argument and then invites others to participate. I think the majority know that, deep down, we are going the wrong way and need a new approach. This isn't the answer to future progress; we have been here before.

green with envy
19-10-2019, 08:33 PM

I would genuinely love to give my defence to the manager or at least some but I can't. I was happy when he got appointed and really wanted him to do well as i do with all players and managers that are newly appointed. Whether it's down to team selection or tactics he's not got it. He really does have to go sooner than later before the fans in the stands do.

FitbaFolkKen
19-10-2019, 08:38 PM

I have a bit, however as I’ve said already it is more beneficial for the club financially for him to turn it round as opposed to sacking and hiring. Perfect scenario would be a pick up in results and then another team coming in for him. I can’t see how he can win back some of the support based on the feeling that currently exists.

One Day Soon
19-10-2019, 09:08 PM
Posted this previously some time ago and most if not all of it seems horribly accurate. Including the part about players liking him but not taking him seriously, which was disputed at the time but seems transparently to be the case.

"There's some litany of excuses, justifications and prevarications being touted now in defence of a tenure that so far has been hugely below what we expected. The club needs a serious shake and the advent of Ron should be the time to do that in both statements of intent and actions taken.

New signings look, so far, average at best - and that's being generous. And the budget appears to be blown to the extent that we have to shift players like Mackie out in order to be able to bring yet another right back in. So there's clearly no additional cavalry coming over the horizon. And the 'Mackie out to get someone else in' scenario gives the lie to the notion that we can play Billy big balls with things like shirt sponsorship as though we're so cash rich that it makes little difference to us.

There's no shape to the team.

There's no pace to the team.

There's little to no cutting edge to the team up front and our options there are threadbare.

There's no dig in the midfield. None. Unless the Swede proves to be a revelation that other clubs have missed AND can stay fit and available all season we will be walked through game after game after game.

We were promised a high press and we look like exactly the opposite.

We were promised players fiitter than ever before and they look the opposite.

There's no public facing leader at the Club and none on the park. Heckingbottom has actually gone out of his way to play down ambitions and expectations in fact. I'm told that Gray is excellent with the other players around the club from day to day but he apparently just isn't a demonstrative type of captain on the park. We go 1 - 0 down in a game and players wander about looking like it doesn't matter that much - I can remember going behind in games at one stage of Lennon being in charge and thinking quite confidently that it would be fine because we were so focussed and such a unit that we'd score two.

We've taken a platform of optimism, enthusiasm, huge season ticket numbers and great infrastructure and somehow managed to go backwards. Since that appalling approach to the Celtic cup game at home last season we've looked like a team that knows its place which is somewhere mid table without getting uppity ideas beyond our station. I doubt there's a team in the league scared of us now.

This is bad, directionless football, played by too many average and ageing players, led by an out of his depth manager, appointed by people who won't want to admit their mistake until it's cost us a lot more than it needs to. The players like him but don't take him seriously and he's signed a lot of nice guys when we need some steel to go with any ability. This won't end well and it won't be the fault of the supporters."

PH91
19-10-2019, 09:50 PM
"..he's signed a lot of nice guys when we need some steel to go with any ability"

A mate of mine knows a senior player in the team and this is the jist of what he said he believes the issue to be. New guys are, generally, technically good players but all come from playing at mid table teams and dont have a strong winning mentality or steelness about them. Thats reflected in the way we cant seem to hold a lead or get back into a game when behind.

Add a few leaders to the team and we would pick up points, even porteous coming in has made a difference. Gray and Mcgregor being back fit would help too.

Its shocking that the club didnt address this in the summer though, knowing that gray and mcgregor were getting on and that milligan and bartley were moving on.

Hermit Crab
26-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Surely the final straw now. Get him to ****, this just isn't good enough. We are going to get relegated under this clown.

No doubt the club will ignore the fact that we've blown a 2 goal lead in 16 minutes today and try to turn it into a positive spin by saying we are 5 unbeaten in a poor attempt to shift the remainder of semi final tickets and tickets for next Wednesday.

ACT NOW DEMPSTER. REMEMBER YOUR POSITION IS EXPENDABLE AS WELL. THIS IS YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOU'RE PARTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MESS. WAKE UP FFS!!!!!!