PDA

View Full Version : FA cup game called off due to Racist abuse

we are hibs
19-10-2019, 04:15 PM
On sky that the Yeovil game was called off due to the opposition walking off after their goalie was racially abused, spat on and bottles thrown at him from Yeovil fans behind the goal.

BH Hibs
19-10-2019, 04:18 PM
These Bulgarian Yeovil fans get everywhere

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Farmer Giles yokels. In all seriousness, it's outrageous.

19-10-2019, 04:29 PM
These Bulgarian Yeovil fans get everywhere

Haha this made me laugh after a depressing afternoon.

southsider
19-10-2019, 04:31 PM
Farmer Giles yokels. In all seriousness, it's outrageous.

Bet they are a Brexiteers to a man.

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 04:32 PM
On sky that the Yeovil game was called off due to the opposition walking off after their goalie was racially abused, spat on and bottles thrown at him from Yeovil fans behind the goal.

Their be dragons down there, still perhaps it will make some sit up and take notice.

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2019, 04:35 PM

Many will be, but all involved are ignorant tramps. Surely we are past racial abuse of players in the UK! It seems not.

Fife-Hibee
19-10-2019, 04:37 PM
Boris and his ilk will be delighted. Their plan to drag Britain back through the centuries appears to be working.

19-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Disgusting. Players quite right to walk off, why should anyone have to put up with that pish.

It sadly seems that recently racism is creeping more and more back into football.

Cataplana
19-10-2019, 04:46 PM
Hope Yeovil forfeit the tie. There can be no excuse.

Sammy7nil
19-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Hope Yeovil forfeit the tie. There can be no excuse.

There can be no excuse but should the club he thrown out? I will wait for the full story do you even know if it was Yeovil fans ?

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 04:53 PM
There can be no excuse but should the club he thrown out? I will wait for the full story do you even know if it was Yeovil fans ?

someone said it was Bulgarian infiltrators behind the Yeovil goals.

hibs#1
19-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Disgusting. Players quite right to walk off, why should anyone have to put up with that pish.

It sadly seems that recently racism is creeping more and more back into football.

I'm no political expert but with the current political climate worldwide seems racisism and other forms of bigotry are more than creeping back.

Cataplana
19-10-2019, 05:06 PM

An example has to be made. You can guarantee fans will self police after that.

As for knowing if it was Yeovil fans, that is step one in the usual denial and minimisation.

The team walked off mate, do you think they don't know whose fans it was?

Tully
19-10-2019, 05:08 PM
Cannot believe some of the comments on here ,is it 10 year-olds commenting on here

Cataplana
19-10-2019, 05:12 PM
We stand with Haringey' - Yeovil boss Sarll

Yeovil Town manager Darren Sarll told BBC Somerset: "On behalf of Yeovil Town, we fully support Haringey and we stand together.

"The players and I decided we'd support [Haringey] and make a stand together, and be stronger with togetherness.

"I want Haringey and our football club to know we don't condone anything of that nature, if there was anything of that nature.

"We, footballers and managers, get a lot of abuse but nobody should feel discriminated against when they come to play football.

"I'd do anything to win but there are certain levels and lines I'd never go over. There was no way I'd support racial discrimination.

"I feel we've done the right thing. I'm not going to feel anything other than proud for the way the players conducted themselves.

"Now the authorities will take care of what they need to take care of."

Sergey
19-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Haringey Borough play on a little ground on White Hart Lane and if the perpetrator(s) walked onto the street and racially abused a local, there's every likelihood he'd end up being stabbed.

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 05:47 PM
Haringey Borough play on a little ground on White Hart Lane and if the perpetrator(s) walked onto the street and racially abused a local, there's every likelihood he'd end up being stabbed.

Does that make it right or wrong!

Sergey
19-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Does that make it right or wrong!

It's a mere statement of fact.

HappyAsHellas
19-10-2019, 05:51 PM

So the 17 million who voted for it are all guaranteed racists? Wow, what a brilliant, insightful statement.

Cataplana
19-10-2019, 05:52 PM
It's a mere statement of fact.

What has it got to do with football? Both clubs are pulling together, and that has to be applauded.

Fife-Hibee
19-10-2019, 05:53 PM
So the 17 million who voted for it are all guaranteed racists? Wow, what a brilliant, insightful statement.

Not all British Nationalists are racists, but almost all racists are British Nationalists.

Cataplana
19-10-2019, 05:53 PM

Not all Brrxiteers are racists.

All racists are Brexiteers.

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2019, 05:55 PM
Not all British Nationalists are racists, but almost all racists are British Nationalists.

Not all Brrxiteers are racists.

All racists are Brexiteers.

John Stuart Mill's influence lives on, which is very positive. :agree: