PDA

View Full Version : Four games unbeaten.

Squirrel 1875
19-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Well, following my predictions that this season would be a disaster under Heckingbottom, I am really eating my words now. Four games unbeaten while the signings from the summer start to pick up more game time. I am feeling rather foolish right now, please accept my apologies.

I have a feeling that Ross County will be yet another turning point for us. Not sure why, but just have an inkling that we'll get a good result then not look back.

we are hibs
19-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Cannot wait for hibs tweet trying to punt tickets for ross county next week.

"Come and back the boys in green and white as we try and extend our unbeaten run to 5 games"

Michael
19-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Hopefully the turning point is that's it's the first game post Heckingbottom.

chrisski33
Lol Ur funny not

Unseen work
The worrying thing is I think the board will be looking at that as good.

I said it on another thread

9 games
7 points
1 win
-10 goal difference
10th in the league

No one can defend that record. He needs to go by Monday.

One Day Soon
well, following my predictions that this season would be a disaster under heckingbottom, i am really eating my words now. Four games unbeaten while the signings from the summer start to pick up more game time. I am feeling rather foolish right now, please accept my apologies.

I have a feeling that ross county will be yet another turning point for us. Not sure why, but just have an inkling that we'll get a good result then not look back.

wtaf?

Torto7
19-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Get your money on 1-1 next time out.

Weegreenman
19-10-2019, 04:04 PM
The worrying thing is I think the board will be looking at that as good.

I said it on another thread

9 games
7 points
1 win
-10 goal difference
10th in the league

No one can defend that record. He needs to go by Monday.

This was a massive three points today. We couldn’t finish Hamilton off with a second goal and paid the price.
If we don’t take all three points next week, then he’ll need to go. The league doesn’t lie.

Squirrel 1875
19-10-2019, 04:05 PM

"Come and back the boys in green and white as we try and extend our unbeaten run to 5 games"

They’d be quite right to do so, we will be seeking to extend our highly impressive run of results. I look forward to watching the new signings running around, playing average and for it to be described as sensational on here. I really can’t wait.

My_Wife_Camille
19-10-2019, 04:08 PM
They’d be quite right to do so, we will be seeking to extend our highly impressive run of results. I look forward to watching the new signings running around, playing average and for it to be described as sensational on here. I really can’t wait.
Agree with this. I’m especially looking forward to watching more of Christian Doidge’s intelligent movement and clever runs. A real joy to behold.

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2019, 04:10 PM

will be my last game this season, unless...

California-Hibs
19-10-2019, 04:11 PM
Above Hearts.

Speedway
19-10-2019, 04:12 PM
Well, following my predictions that this season would be a disaster under Heckingbottom, I am really eating my words now. Four games unbeaten while the signings from the summer start to pick up more game time. I am feeling rather foolish right now, please accept my apologies.

I have a feeling that Ross County will be yet another turning point for us. Not sure why, but just have an inkling that we'll get a good result then not look back.

That’s right, we’re going to obliterate county 1-1

Tobias Funke
19-10-2019, 04:13 PM
Agree with this. I’m especially looking forward to watching more of Christian Doidge’s intelligent movement and clever runs. A real joy to behold.

Excellent player. I think Kamberis time at the club is up, I’d like to see Doidge playing 90 mins up front on his own for remainder of season.

Squirrel 1875
19-10-2019, 04:13 PM
That’s right, we’re going to obliterate county 1-1

After that, we will be going for six games unbeaten.

DavidDavidGray
19-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Above Hearts.

Ah brilliant, that means the seasons going grand. Above a team that outplayed us and came back from behind to beat us at our own stadium a few weeks back. Can’t wait to lift the ‘Slightly less bad team in Edinburgh’ trophy at the end of the season. Stuff dreams are made of.

BoomtownHibees
19-10-2019, 04:25 PM
This was a massive three points today. We couldn’t finish Hamilton off with a second goal and paid the price.
If we don’t take all three points next week, then he’ll need to go. The league doesn’t lie.

He shouldn’t get until next week

The_Horde
19-10-2019, 04:48 PM

I think it's a very welcome change that we appear to have adopted the hearts style striker route of very little goals in return for some additional height, hard work and hold up play. Winning headers and helping the others to score and it's no surprise that Mallan now has two goals.

emerald green
19-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Hibs are not sure to win against Ross County (who were destroyed 6-0 by Celtic today).

I can't see where Hibs are going to manage a win. They cannot defend a lead in matches. 11 points shipped from leading positions in games so far this season. Mentally soft as s****.

The_Horde
19-10-2019, 05:09 PM

I think it's a very welcome change that we appear to have adopted the hearts striker mould of very little goals in return for some additional height, hard work and hold up play. Winning headers and using his clever movement to, very unselfishly, help others score and it's no surprise that Mallan now has two goals this season.

Keith_M
19-10-2019, 06:07 PM

Me too. Four games without defeat is not to be sniffed at.

I confidently predict that, by the end of the season, we'll have 36 points

...1 win 4 defeats and 33 draws.

We'll set a new record for drawing games that will allow us to have a star above our badge.

Cod Boy
19-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Could have got 11 folk from Hibs end to beat Hamilton they are rank rotten

Jack Hackett
19-10-2019, 07:06 PM
I love sarcasm. Always hits the spot... unlike Dodgy Doidge :greengrin

Hermit Crab
19-10-2019, 07:08 PM
Above Hearts.

Aye, and if they get even a point tomorrow we are below them.

Carheenlea
20-10-2019, 08:03 AM

That’s what the biggest concern was yesterday - it needs to taken into account how awful a side they were. We should be winning against opposition like that with goals to spare - yes, there was some nice moves in the first half but hardly laid a glove on their keeper.

neil7908
20-10-2019, 08:57 AM
Above Hearts.

That'll be comforting when they finished bottom and we're second bottom.

Keith_M
20-10-2019, 09:06 AM
That'll be comforting when they finished bottom and we're second bottom.

That sounds familiar.

Deansy
20-10-2019, 09:30 AM
4 games un-beaten but also, sadly - un-watchable !

MacGruber
21-10-2019, 11:40 AM
We all know Heck should be gone. We also know he's not getting the bullet this week and will get the County game. I genuinely think the board will act if we fail to win this one. Hamilton away should be 3 points but you can argue a point away from home is never a bad result. Same mindset with Aberdeen away and the Killie cup tie. All disappointing to us given the circumstance of the games but all can be argued as not being disasterous results. Not picking up 3 points at home to County given he has exhausted his goodwill would see the board acting IMO.
Playing devil's advocate though and if by some form of miracle we beat County and Livi at home then he will be entitled to list Hamilton, Aberdeen, Celtic and Killie all as part of a good and unbeaten run of form stretching back 6 games...

It would be like watching us draw the next 9 edinburgh derbys in dismal fashion then winning the next one and saying how we are on a fantastic unbeaten run of 10 etc.

TheHarpy76
21-10-2019, 12:27 PM
Above Hearts.

Oh well, in that case. The season is going just grand!

🙄

EDIT: I get that we’re below them again. No need to point it out 👍🏻

ben johnson
21-10-2019, 12:33 PM

If this is going to happen could we get a bit of prior warning.
I had 3 pints of Guinness and did a 5 mile walk in the morning
I was not really fit for 90 minutes

flash
21-10-2019, 01:17 PM

I take it that was their first point of the season then?

The 90+2
21-10-2019, 01:19 PM
I take it that was their first point of the season then?

Of course not, rank rotten Hamilton are ahead of Hibernian in the table.

danhibees1875
21-10-2019, 01:53 PM
If this is going to happen could we get a bit of prior warning.
I had 3 pints of Guinness and did a 5 mile walk in the morning
I was not really fit for 90 minutes

Just do better this Saturday Daryl.