PDA

View Full Version : Announcement SPL the league of rubbish football

EI255
19-10-2019, 03:46 PM
What utter tripe this league serves up.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Gatecrasher
19-10-2019, 03:54 PM
Nah there's some decent teams in this league it's just ours and a few others stinking the place out.

Torto7
19-10-2019, 03:57 PM
:agree::agree: Absolute dross. The standard is woeful. Most teams play the Scottish 4-5-1 cos ye cannae go gung ho(god forbid someone tries to entertain). The bigoted mutants thumping all and sundry whilst being average themselves. Hibs and Hearts are an absolute joke and look like bottom six sides. Aberdeen will probably kick their way to third. St Johnston, Livingston, Hamilton are set up to snore the opposition to death. Brutal viewing.

Greenworld
22-10-2019, 07:07 AM
This is the best thread. The leugue and teams within are Honking.
There is no entertainment
There is no direction
There is no point in the leugue set up
Boring boring boring
And another thing LD get tae

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sean1875
22-10-2019, 07:53 AM
What a cracking thread this is. Why do we all bother eh? Lets just patch the whole thing and go watch Curling.

Pretty Boy
22-10-2019, 07:58 AM
I think peoples perception of the league is often defined by how well their own team is doing. When we were riding high a couple of season ago there was little in the way of criticism of the standard of much of the league on here. In fact there was a lot of gushing about it being good to have a strong Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen. Fast forward a couple of years and the league is garbage, stadiums are crap, standard is woeful and so on, is it a coincidence we notice all this when Hibs are crap? Are Motherwell or Kilmarnock fans bemoaning the quality of the league at the moment?

Phil MaGlass
22-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Could it be rubbish because of all the imports from English lower leagues?

calumhibee1
22-10-2019, 08:12 AM
I think peoples perception of the league is often defined by how well their own team is doing. When we were riding high a couple of season ago there was little in the way of criticism of the standard of much of the league on here. In fact there was a lot of gushing about it being good to have a strong Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen. Fast forward a couple of years and the league is garbage, stadiums are crap, standard is woeful and so on, is it a coincidence we notice all this when Hibs are crap? Are Motherwell or Kilmarnock fans bemoaning the quality of the league at the moment?

:agree:

I remember when we had Allan, McGinn and McGeough in midfield saying how the SPL really wasn't that bad and that the top half would compete top half League One/bottom half English Championship. It's not as bad a league as people make out.. it's probably also not as good a league as I thought it was at that point mind you. :greengrin

Fife-Hibee
22-10-2019, 08:15 AM
It's nearly as dull and uninspiring as the English Premier League. The difference being that we're self aware about it up here.

Brightside
22-10-2019, 08:23 AM
What utter tripe this league serves up.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Got to agree. This season has started badly and gets worse. Standard is very poor.

Anthony Soprano
22-10-2019, 08:25 AM
It may be poor quality, but at least there's still passion.
Rather watch Scottish football than the half and half scarf circus act that is the English premier league, teams score a goal down there and the fans react by getting their phones out for the photograph, tourist league.

Brooster
22-10-2019, 08:43 AM
Did anyone watch Man Utd v Liverpool? It was a really poor standard.

ancient hibee
22-10-2019, 09:04 AM
If we were beating everyone 3/4-0 we wouldn't say it was because they were rubbish we would say it was because we were great.It's our standards that have dropped.

Diclonius
22-10-2019, 09:06 AM
Why are you all watching it then?

Fife-Hibee
22-10-2019, 09:09 AM

Because everything is *****. The whole country is *****, there is ***** all to do. Being Scottish is just plain *****. So we tolerate the ***** football along with everything else.

mim
22-10-2019, 09:11 AM
Because everything is *****. The whole country is *****, there is ***** all to do. Being Scottish is just plain *****. So we tolerate the ***** football along with everything else.

I can see why you moved to Cramond :greengrin

Brightside
22-10-2019, 09:13 AM

Im not watching anywhere near the amount of SPL football compared to last season. I have watched a lot more youth football, and womens football which has been much more entertaining.

Vault Boy
22-10-2019, 09:20 AM
I love Scottish football.

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2019, 09:22 AM
I was at Wigan Athletic v Nottingham Forest on Sunday with Forest needing 3 points to go joint top and the standard was surprisingly mediocre. The ball was in the air A LOT from both teams and I lost count of the number of terrible passes 3 of them from Forest which missed their target 10 yards away and went straight out of play. It was certainly no better than I've seen in the Scottish premiership in the last few years .. the only real difference was bigger more athletic players on both sides than you find up here.

We are too quick to rubbish our game up here and I agree with another poster who pointed out the correlation between moaning about the overall standard and how pish the club you support happens to be at the time. It should also be noted that if it hadnt been for a big Forest support the crowd at Wigan would have been lucky to hit 8,000 the place was less than half full.

Have to say though the bogs at the DW Stadium are as nice as I've seen in a football ground :greengrin

ekhibee
22-10-2019, 09:32 AM
The quality of the league is poor this season apart from the OF, regardless of whether we were good a couple of seasons ago. For a wee while I thought Motherwell might be a good team to watch this season but they were poor against a ***** Aberdeen team on Saturday. They're still better than us at this moment in time though. In Hibs and Hearts case it just comes down to poor recruitment and poor management. Hamilton are always down the bottom every season, St Johnstone are poor at the moment but they'll be playing us again soon so they'll get back on track. Wright never seems to accept any responsibility at the best of times, he's not going to change now. Still a decent manager for them though.