PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

Diclonius
19-10-2019, 11:16 AM
“My big goal is to play international football, 100 per cent. “I have the possibility to play for three nations and any of these nations would be a privilege for me, especially if it was at a tournament like the Euros or the World Cup.
“But to achieve that you need to be getting regular game time at your club and if I don’t have this then I would have to consider moving on. Is there a chance I could play at the Euros? Yeah, if I am playing every weekend and scoring goals and playing consistently, there would be a chance.
“But first of all of course I need to play. If not, I have to maybe consider moving on.”

Basically saying if the manager doesn't play him then he wants to leave.

Since90+2
19-10-2019, 11:18 AM
“My big goal is to play international football, 100 per cent. “I have the possibility to play for three nations and any of these nations would be a privilege for me, especially if it was at a tournament like the Euros or the World Cup.
“But to achieve that you need to be getting regular game time at your club and if I don’t have this then I would have to consider moving on. Is there a chance I could play at the Euros? Yeah, if I am playing every weekend and scoring goals and playing consistently, there would be a chance.
“But first of all of course I need to play. If not, I have to maybe consider moving on.”

Fair enough to be honest. Every player should have the same attitude.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 11:19 AM

The second player in the week.

Diclonius
19-10-2019, 11:20 AM

Yup.

There's this system where you can play both of your first-choice strikers, I forget what it is but I'm sure most teams at this level use it fairly well.. :dunno:

flash

Should they? I would have thought the attitude they needed was I will make it impossible for the manager not to pick me.

Diclonius
The second player in the week.

Who was the first?

Carheenlea
19-10-2019, 11:21 AM
What are the other two nations he is eligible to play for?

Not surprised he’ll be looking to move if he can’t get game time at Hibs. The solitary striker preferred by many nowadays makes it harder I suppose for players in such positions to be enjoying regular starts.

CapitalGreen
Should they? I would have thought the attitude they needed was I will make it impossible for the manager not to pick me.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

CapitalGreen

Not surprised he’ll be looking to move if he can’t get game time at Hibs. The solitary striker preferred by many nowadays makes it harder I suppose for players in such positions to be enjoying regular starts.

Kosovo and Albania I think.

Diclonius
19-10-2019, 11:22 AM

Kosovo and Albania. Kosovo in with a shout at qualifying this year, Albania already out.

J-C
19-10-2019, 11:23 AM

It shouldn't, many teams play with 3 strikers in a front 3, or even 2 strikers and a wide attacking player.

Carheenlea
19-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Kosovo and Albania I think.

Kosovo and Albania. Kosovo in with a shout at qualifying this year, Albania already out.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 11:24 AM
Who was the first?

Marciano.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 11:25 AM

Didn’t you post the exact same a couple of weeks ago on the Kamberi thread before these quotes?

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Yup.

There's this system where you can play both of your first-choice strikers, I forget what it is but I'm sure most teams at this level use it fairly well.. :dunno:

I’m not sure tbh. I’m not sure also in modern day coaching that you can look at your squad of players and build a system to suit fit round then, especially if you’ve spent the summer transfer window signing players that don’t look suited to this level never mind a system. Call me crazy.

J-C
19-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Marciano.

When? Recently or in the summer when there was talk of a possible move.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 11:32 AM
When? Recently or in the summer when there was talk of a possible move.

During the week on international duty.

Greenio
19-10-2019, 11:33 AM
Not very classy if you ask me.

It's a tactic that is either

a. intended to put himself in the shop window
b. make a public threat to the manager and the club

I think Kamberi is one of our best players, but he wasn't playing well or scoring goals, so yeah, in the set up we were playing in, you get dropped to the bench and you earn your way back into the starting 11.

He should have stfu, got into this game and scored a hat-trick. THAT'S how you start playing international football, not having a wee bitch to the press.

End of the road for him as a Hibs player for me. He dngaf!

we are hibs
19-10-2019, 11:35 AM

I think Kamberi is one of our best players, but he wasn't playing well or scoring goals, so yeah, in the set up we were playing in, you get dropped to the bench and you earn your way back into the starting 11.

He should have stfu, got into this game and scored a hat-trick. THAT'S how you start playing international football, not having a wee bitch to the press.

Apart from the fact he was playing well and scoring goals (including 3 wrongly ruled out) youre spot on.

As he said in the press conference. He is at his best (as is the team as a whole) when we play football. Not when the ball is lumped at his head. He was chucked upfront on his own with zero support against hearts and the ball lumped at him. Hasnt started since. Hung out to dry by the manager. If we actually tried to play football every so often and gave him a partner up top he would flourish. Its so obvious.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 11:35 AM

Oh the irony. :greengrin

J-C
19-10-2019, 11:36 AM
During the week on international duty.

Cheers, must've missed that one.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 11:41 AM
Cheers, must've missed that one.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/ofir-marciano-speaks-israeli-media-losing-no1-spot-hibs-815560%3famp

Albeit completely professional.

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 11:43 AM
I can see them both leaving.

Keeper situation - Maxwell will probably return down south (he’s currently putting himself in shop window) meaning we will need a new number 1 next summer.

Flo leaves and it will leave us with Shaw and Doidge.

Not ideal..as can’t seeing us getting better to come in.

Not sure why Hibs put Flo out for interviews when he hasn’t been playing. Odd.

we are hibs
19-10-2019, 11:44 AM
I can see them both leaving.

Keeper situation - Maxwell will probably return down south meaning we will need a new number 1 next summer.

Flo leaves and it will leave us with Shaw and Doidge.

Not ideal..

Not sure why Hibs put Flo out for interviews when he hasn’t been playing. Odd.

No need to worry. Im sure theres some bargains to be had from the lower leagues in England.

CloudSquall
19-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Fair enough opinion, however if you are kept out of a Hibs team with Christian Doidge up front then international football at the Euros is pretty far off in the distance.

(Harsh I know..)

Greenio
19-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Apart from the fact he was playing well and scoring goals (including 3 wrongly ruled out) youre spot on.

As he said in the press conference. He is at his best (as is the team as a whole) when we play football. Not when the ball is lumped at his head. He was chucked upfront on his own with zero support against hearts and the ball lumped at him. Hasnt started since. Hung out to dry by the manager. If we actually tried to play football every so often and gave him a partner up top he would flourish. Its so obvious.

He scored 1 goal in the first 6 league games.

Since we dropped him we've won 1 and drawn 2?

That argument aside, his behaviour is bang out of order

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 11:47 AM
Fair enough opinion, however if you are kept out of a Hibs team with Christian Dodge up front then international football at the Euros is pretty far off in the distance.

(Harsh I know..)

Flo would be one of the 1st names on team sheet every week for me. Find a way to play him as he will score. Had a dip last season due to Lennon but he’s unplayable when on form.

paddy1875
He’s our best striker at the club yet we’re not playing the way that best suits his game. No wonder he’s came out with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs

What behaviour? And you seriously think we have drawn 3 games in a row because he dropped kamberi?

Greenio
19-10-2019, 11:53 AM
What behaviour? And you seriously think we have drawn 3 games in a row because he dropped kamberi?

You think it's professional behaviour?

I think it's a contributing factor aye. Same as him getting ***** service was a contributing factor in him scoring 1 goal in the first 6 league games.

The 90+2
Fair enough opinion, however if you are kept out of a Hibs team with Christian Doidge up front then international football at the Euros is pretty far off in the distance.

(Harsh I know..)

He’s good enough to play international football. We have that calibre of player at the club and fail to utilise him correctly, as well as Allan is absolutely criminal. Even Maxwell is playing because he can hoof it.

The 90+2
You think it's professional behaviour?

I think it's a contributing factor aye. Same as him getting ***** service was a contributing factor in him scoring 1 goal in the first 6 league games.

How many has his replacement scored?

DH1875
19-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Flo would be one of the 1st names on team sheet every week for me. Find a way to play him as he will score. Had a dip last season due to Lennon but he’s unplayable when on form.

He done this weeks pre match interview for Hibs TV (its on YouTube). Reading between the lines he's not happy. Basically says he's not suited to the managers tactics but can only try his best.

pacoluna
19-10-2019, 11:57 AM
Stinking attitude, if he was half as decent as he thought he was I'm sure he would have been capped by either Kosovo or the mighty Albania. Poor guys ego has been burst

Greenio
19-10-2019, 11:58 AM
How many has his replacement scored?

Aye, he's been pretty ***** too! ha!

Not asking anyone to agree with me, but imo we actually play better without him. stats say that too.

pacoluna
19-10-2019, 12:00 PM

Wasn't happy with the grasshoppers manager, lennon or hecky. One common denominator.

Greenio
19-10-2019, 12:03 PM
Wasn't happy with the grasshoppers manager, lennon or hecky. One common denominator.

Exactly, I've lost count of the amount of times I've caught sour reactions off the ball from him after he doesn't get a pass, or something breaks down - pisses me right off. You just now he's not for us. I don't expect that from all players by any means, but you can just tell his attitude isn't there.

SMAXXA
19-10-2019, 12:04 PM
He’s good enough to play international football. We have that calibre of player at the club and fail to utilise him correctly, as well as Allan is absolutely criminal. Even Maxwell is playing because he can hoof it.

Load of ***** Maxwell is playing because Marciano played himself out the team conceding poor goals nowt to go with hoofing it.

we are hibs
19-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Stinking attitude, if he was half as decent as he thought he was I'm sure he would have been capped by either Kosovo or the mighty Albania. Poor guys ego has been burst

You still blaming him for your wee best pal lenny getting told to bolt? Thats the real reason most have their pathetic wee agenda against him, lets be honest.

flash
19-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Didn’t you post the exact same a couple of weeks ago on the Kamberi thread before these quotes?

I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about.

pacoluna
19-10-2019, 12:11 PM
You still blaming him for your wee best pal lenny getting told to bolt? Thats the real reason most have their pathetic wee agenda against him, lets be honest.

Cool story mate, you seem hurt. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm standing up for our current manager here sweat fa to do with lennon. Yes it's an agenda that kamberi has falling out with his previous 3 managers... Guy has an ego bigger than pogbas.

lyonhibs
19-10-2019, 12:14 PM

And the award for the radgest overreaction goes to...................

Greenio
19-10-2019, 12:18 PM
and the award for the radgest overreaction goes to...................

:top marks

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Kamberi for what ever reason has not been good enough since the turn of the year to start every week and complain if he isnt, it may be down to the manager or tactics but he needs to step up and show the manager why he should be starting when he does get a chance

hibeerealist
19-10-2019, 12:42 PM

(Harsh I know..)

Maybe Mars would be closer!!!

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Load of ***** Maxwell is playing because Marciano played himself out the team conceding poor goals nowt to go with hoofing it.

So you agree with the rest then?

Maxwell suits the punt fast game in which is standard now. It’s not actually a load of *****. Maxwell has hardly covered himself in glory in the goals he’s conceded either.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 12:56 PM
I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about.

Sorry if I have the wrong poster mate. Someone said like for like in the Kamberi debate before

MrRobot
19-10-2019, 12:57 PM
Yup.

Has Kamberi really done enough to warrant starting though?

Diclonius
19-10-2019, 01:02 PM
Has Kamberi really done enough to warrant starting though?

Has Horgan done enough to warrant starting ahead of him?

Eyrie
19-10-2019, 01:03 PM

Or Doidge. Or Middleton. Or Newell.

SickBoy32
19-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Far better player than Doidge, simple as that really.

Manager prefers ineffective hoof ball though. No wonder he is frustrated.

The 90+2
19-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Or Doidge. Or Middleton. Or Newell.

Add in Mallan.

neil7908
19-10-2019, 01:31 PM

Can you point me to any comments he's made about any manager in his time at Hibs?

Given all the stuff that supposedly happened between him and Lennon I thought he showed remarkable maturity to stay quiet.

He's unquestionably the best striker at the club and nothing wrong with his attitude when I've seen him play.

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 01:33 PM
Do we have a better striker at Hibs than Kamberi, if so I have yet to see him play.

Weegreenman
19-10-2019, 01:43 PM
Wants international football but can’t get into the Hibs first eleven 😂😂😂

Here’s a wee bit advice, shut your gob and do your talking on the park. Starting to think Lenny had a point with this big waster! 😡😡😡

Greenio
19-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Do we have a better striker at Hibs than Kamberi, if so I have yet to see him play.

He scored one goal in the first 6 league games. Since he got dropped, we've won one and drawn 2.

It appears we play better without him, so what makes him worth a start today?

I think it's more of a case that, when the teams not winning, the ones on the bench not playing, suddenly look a look more appealing, when in reality, they are currently just, if not more, *****!

Clarence
19-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Strikers need a bit of arrogance but he needs to stop blaming others for him not fulfilling his goals.

MrRobot
19-10-2019, 01:51 PM

Absolutely not, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.

leggeto
19-10-2019, 01:53 PM

He should be starting ahead of dodge, it's goals we need and doige is toiling at the moment

Allant1981
19-10-2019, 01:54 PM
He should be starting ahead of dodge, it's goals we need and doige is toiling at the moment

So was kamberi before rightly being dropped, I dont rate shaw but maybe he should be getting a chance, cant do any worse than the other 2 just now

Greenio
19-10-2019, 01:55 PM

?

If Kamberi had goals in him this season, he wouldn't be sitting on the bench.

A Hi-Bee
19-10-2019, 01:56 PM
He scored one goal in the first 6 league games. Since he got dropped, we've won one and drawn 2.

I think it's more of a case that, when the teams not winning, the ones on the bench not playing, suddenly look a look more appealing, when in reality, they are currently just, if not more, *****!

You make it sound like we are on a roll not lost in 3. What makes him worth a start today, I would say that you go with your best players and get them all playing to their best. In a formation that results in winning games, something that our present manager has a problem with.

K Kay
19-10-2019, 02:01 PM

But we've not won any since he got dropped, thats a fact
Goals chucked off for nowt, thats a fact
The managers an embarassment, thats a fact, no looking for an arguement
but a facts a fact.

neil7908
19-10-2019, 02:01 PM
?

How many goals has Doidge scored for us? Not sure why Kamberi is criticised for his goal scoring but Doidge gets a free pass.

Greenio
19-10-2019, 02:04 PM
How many goals has Doidge scored for us? Not sure why Kamberi is criticised for his goal scoring but Doidge gets a free pass.

who says he gets a free pass? not from me he doesn't

still think we play better and get better results without him in the team. stats dont lie

leggeto
19-10-2019, 02:14 PM
?

Doige seems like the man for holding up the ball but can't score, is it the midfield hecky hopes the goals come from I think, kamberi put in a lot of effort and scores when he gets a one on one, just not been creating the chances for him when he was on

SMAXXA
19-10-2019, 02:20 PM
So you agree with the rest then?

Maxwell suits the punt fast game in which is standard now. It’s not actually a load of *****. Maxwell has hardly covered himself in glory in the goals he’s conceded either.

Which ones? Marciano you could count numerous

basehibby
19-10-2019, 05:43 PM

Kamberi is quite outspoken and that's just part of his make up - in the same way as scoring goals is. He obviously came to Hibs as a means of getting first team football - turning down other options which were probably more lucrative to do so.

He is currently being passed over by the manager in favour of a player who is unproven at SPL level and has made a speciality of fluffing his chances to do so. If Kamberi was to pretend he was happy with this situation it would be indicative of complacency and a lack of ambition. It would also be dishonest.

You think this is "behaviour" which is "bang out of order"?!? I've read the interview and all I read is a player answering questions put to him with honesty. The Sun has obviously gone with the sensationalist angle for it's headline but if you actually read the article you also see statements that he respects his manager's decisions, respects his teammates including Doidge and intends to work hard to get back into the starting line up - he only states that he will move on to achieve his dream of international football in an eventually if things don't work out context.

So - your opinion that "his behaviour is bang out of order" is frankly sensationalist bollox - maybe you should consider a career as a headline writer for the Sun!

basehibby
19-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Kamberi for what ever reason has not been good enough since the turn of the year to start every week and complain if he isnt, it may be down to the manager or tactics but he needs to step up and show the manager why he should be starting when he does get a chance

Kamberi was off the boil second half of last season but has looked back up to speed in the all too few minutes I've seen him on the pitch this season. It seems that Hecks' tactics see the main striker's purpose as being a big laddie to belt the ball at with the art of goal scoring an optional add-on - this is the reasoning which sees Doidge consistently picked as the sole striker in a 4-5-1 and Kamberi relegated to the bench.

elevengoats
19-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Kamberi did more in the few minutes he played today than Doidge throughout the game. I can’t believe Doidge is constantly being selected ahead of him.

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Kamberi did more in the few minutes he played today than Doidge throughout the game. I can’t believe Doidge is constantly being selected ahead of him.

To bring him on, with 87 minutes gone, was nothing short of madness

Jones28
19-10-2019, 06:19 PM

He earned his way back into the side when Doidge missed three chances that Kamberi would have buried with a blindfold on.

What else is he supposed to do? He gets asked question and gives an honest answer.

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 06:37 PM
To bring him on, with 87 minutes gone, was nothing short of madness

Yup and left wing.

Sums up the mindset of the club right now.

Happy for a point at Hamilton.

Doidge won a few headers today but gave away about 10 needless fouls along with Mallan.

It’s turning into Flo v Lennon part 2 with Hecky.

pacoluna
19-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Can you point me to any comments he's made about any manager in his time at Hibs?

Given all the stuff that supposedly happened between him and Lennon I thought he showed remarkable maturity to stay quiet.

He's unquestionably the best striker at the club and nothing wrong with his attitude when I've seen him play.

SportFootballHibsLatest Hibs News
Hibs’ Florian Kamberi speaks for first time on Neil Lennon fall-out

A simmering row between the striker and his boss came to a head during a debrief following a defeat by Motherwell, which proved to be Lennon’s last match in charge of the Capital outfit.

A number of first team players found themselves under fire for their performances at Fir Park with Kamberi, who had been the subject of incessant criticism from both Lennon and his assistant Garry Parker for weeks, again found himself a target for their ire.

The Swiss hitman snapped, stormed out and emptied his locker at East Mains before telling his representatives he wanted to leave the club, only for senior members of a tight-knit squad to calm him down.

ancient hibee
19-10-2019, 06:52 PM

A simmering row between the striker and his boss came to a head during a debrief following a defeat by Motherwell, which proved to be Lennon’s last match in charge of the Capital outfit.

A number of first team players found themselves under fire for their performances at Fir Park with Kamberi, who had been the subject of incessant criticism from both Lennon and his assistant Garry Parker for weeks, again found himself a target for their ire.

The Swiss hitman snapped, stormed out and emptied his locker at East Mains before telling his representatives he wanted to leave the club, only for senior members of a tight-knit squad to calm him down.

And what has this old news to do with the present situation where the manager prefers to play someone whose main job is not to score goals and then childishly attempts to show Kamberi who's boss by putting him on as a sub at the death.

Tyler Durden
19-10-2019, 06:53 PM

No comments there from Kamberi are there?

Argylehibby
19-10-2019, 06:55 PM

(Harsh I know..)

He's being kept out by a manager desperately trying to prove he was right to buy Doidge and too stubborn to admit he was wrong.

Jones28
19-10-2019, 06:59 PM

Quotes? No?

Centre Hawf
19-10-2019, 07:04 PM
?

I think our squad isn't set up to help either of the strikers at all and I have serious doubts over if any striker would score goals in this squad and I'm not being flippant when I say any successful striker from our past 20 years or so would struggle. We are just not set up to put chances on a plate for a lone striker at this point in time, although frustratingly the one game we do Doidge fluffs them all.

Flo is our best striker, but he's never been a lone striker. He needs a partner whether that's Doidge or Shaw, and Allan behind. He has every right to say "If I don't play then I don't want to be here" we'd all be livid if it was a player who we wanted rid off but refused to go and just decided to pick up his wage so we shouldn't be upset when its the opposite way about.

jonny
19-10-2019, 07:32 PM
Far better player than Doidge, simple as that really.

Manager prefers ineffective hoof ball though. No wonder he is frustrated.

There's been a lot of debate about Kamberi v Doidge.
I'm with you sickboy.
Flo is a far better footballer.
The sooner he's back in the starting lineup the better.

Robbo6-2
19-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Kamberi and Marciano are probably are only sellable assists
The clown in charge is knocking any value in the transfer market by not playing both.

GreenCastle
19-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Kamberi and Marciano are probably are only sellable assists
The clown in charge is knocking any value in the transfer market by not playing both.

Exactly.

Flo is better than Doidge.

Marciano is better than Maxwell but doesn’t hoof it. Maxwell hasn’t been an issue but he’s on loan so is using us as a shop window and not good for us long term.

J-C
19-10-2019, 07:50 PM

That's pretty much what I was told word for word, Gray and Daz went to see Leeann and she also received a phone call from his agent, that's when the trouble with Lennon happened after Leeann went to see what had happened, it had been brewing for weeks and affecting morale.

Greenio
20-10-2019, 12:03 AM
Kamberi is quite outspoken and that's just part of his make up - in the same way as scoring goals is. He obviously came to Hibs as a means of getting first team football - turning down other options which were probably more lucrative to do so.

He is currently being passed over by the manager in favour of a player who is unproven at SPL level and has made a speciality of fluffing his chances to do so. If Kamberi was to pretend he was happy with this situation it would be indicative of complacency and a lack of ambition. It would also be dishonest.

You think this is "behaviour" which is "bang out of order"?!? I've read the interview and all I read is a player answering questions put to him with honesty. The Sun has obviously gone with the sensationalist angle for it's headline but if you actually read the article you also see statements that he respects his manager's decisions, respects his teammates including Doidge and intends to work hard to get back into the starting line up - he only states that he will move on to achieve his dream of international football in an eventually if things don't work out context.

So - your opinion that "his behaviour is bang out of order" is frankly sensationalist bollox - maybe you should consider a career as a headline writer for the Sun!

I understand your point and yes, the s*n are obviously looking to stir things up. At times he says it's the managers decisions etc, but there is a way you handle yourself when responding to those tyoe of questions in a press interview and he knew he was feeding them an angle. You don't do that as a professional imo. It's not the first time either.

This isn't a hecky v Flo thing for me. It's about respect for your employer and respecting the chain of command. Behind closed doors he can do what he wants (I think we all know he has). But in public, you suck it up regardless for the greater good.

Not sure why youd think all footballers should answer honestly to the press! Imagine if they did! It would be chaos

Baader
20-10-2019, 12:54 AM
There's been a lot of debate about Kamberi v Doidge.
I'm with you sickboy.
Flo is a far better footballer.
The sooner he's back in the starting lineup the better.

Flo is better, no question but get the feeling he just wants out. Shaw would have a better goals return if he'd started the games Doidge has this season.

we are hibs
20-10-2019, 06:57 AM

Nice of you to leave out the quotes where he said its in the past and he doesnt want to talk about it..he also wished lennon well. But that doesnt suit your agenda does it?

Kamberi quotes:

“That is ages ago,” he said. “Now everything is fine. I have to thank Neil Lennon because he brought me to Hibs, gave me game-time and for a long time gave me 90 minutes, so I just have to be thankful for what he did for me. Now everything is fine between us and I wish him and Celtic very good luck and a good season.

pacoluna
20-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Nice of you to leave out the quotes where he said its in the past and he doesnt want to talk about it..he also wished lennon well. But that doesnt suit your agenda does it?

Kamberi quotes:

“That is ages ago,” he said. “Now everything is fine. I have to thank Neil Lennon because he brought me to Hibs, gave me game-time and for a long time gave me 90 minutes, so I just have to be thankful for what he did for me. Now everything is fine between us and I wish him and Celtic very good luck and a good season.

Agenda? It's hibs.net, I have an opinion... His ego is bigger than pogbas.

James70
20-10-2019, 03:00 PM
It strikes me that the manager just wants Kamberi out the door. To bring him on in the 89th minute is just an insult to the boy. If Doidge was any good it would be a different matter. I just think back to that goal against Celtic last season, that is the quality we stand to lose.

ancient hibee
20-10-2019, 04:32 PM
I understand your point and yes, the s*n are obviously looking to stir things up. At times he says it's the managers decisions etc, but there is a way you handle yourself when responding to those tyoe of questions in a press interview and he knew he was feeding them an angle. You don't do that as a professional imo. It's not the first time either.

This isn't a hecky v Flo thing for me. It's about respect for your employer and respecting the chain of command. Behind closed doors he can do what he wants (I think we all know he has). But in public, you suck it up regardless for the greater good.

Not sure why youd think all footballers should answer honestly to the press! Imagine if they did! It would be chaos

As this was in all the newspapers it must have been the club press conference with Kamberi put forward as this week’s participant.Obviously the first questions asked was how he felt about not playing.Equally obviously whoever arranged this on behalf of the club would guess this would happen.Which makes it all very strange.