PDA

View Full Version : PH & Recruitment

1875-Hibernia
17-10-2019, 09:47 PM
I may be wrong but this reads to me that PH was previously responsible for summer recruitment and has admitted it’s too much and it’s been passed back over to recruitment team?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/graeme-mathie-hibs-boss-paul-heckingbottom-not-expecting-departure-key-operator-816250

Not that it makes a difference as all players here are now singed Hibs players and we need to back them. Still, I’d like to see us bring back some of the quality we’ve had in recent years!

Unseen work
17-10-2019, 10:35 PM
I don’t think anything has or is changing. The style of recruitment process he speaks of there is the same as the summer I believe.

Im sure it was mentioned when he was first appointed that we wanted a head coach who believed in this type of structure also.

CMurdoch
18-10-2019, 12:58 AM
There is a whole lot of nothing in that acticle

Brightside
18-10-2019, 07:38 AM
I may be wrong but this reads to me that PH was previously responsible for summer recruitment and has admitted it’s too much and it’s been passed back over to recruitment team?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/graeme-mathie-hibs-boss-paul-heckingbottom-not-expecting-departure-key-operator-816250

Not that it makes a difference as all players here are now singed Hibs players and we need to back them. Still, I’d like to see us bring back some of the quality we’ve had in recent years!

It clearly reads that it doesn't work that way at Hibs and he is delighted with that. He may have been responsible at other clubs but not at hibs.

flash
18-10-2019, 08:34 AM

Reads as exactly the opposite of that to me.

Carheenlea
18-10-2019, 08:37 AM
The article sort of debunks the claims made on here of Heckingbottom bringing in his own players out with the recruitment department does it not?

Allant1981
18-10-2019, 08:58 AM
The article sort of debunks the claims made on here of Heckingbottom bringing in his own players out with the recruitment department does it not?

Not really, he can still insist on bringing in his own players regardless of what the recruitment team say,and say no or yes to they players they recommend, not saying that's what happened as I dont believe some of the stories claimed by a couple of people on here

1875-Hibernia
18-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Not really, he can still insist on bringing in his own players regardless of what the recruitment team say,and say no or yes to they players they recommend, not saying that's what happened as I dont believe some of the stories claimed by a couple of people on here

For all saying it reads the opposite - I would agree towards the end it does and he's happy with that, but there are some key parts in there that state how it's became too much for him and he now realises what a big job it is.

Also there has been plenty of comments on here, where people state to be in the know and that the first few signings were PH and recruitment were against them.

Either way I'd say it all looks resolved and recruitment team are in charge with PH advising type he wants and final say.

tamig
18-10-2019, 11:03 AM
For all saying it reads the opposite - I would agree towards the end it does and he's happy with that, but there are some key parts in there that state how it's became too much for him and he now realises what a big job it is.

Also there has been plenty of comments on here, where people state to be in the know and that the first few signings were PH and recruitment were against them.

Either way I'd say it all looks resolved and recruitment team are in charge with PH advising type he wants and final say.

I know that several of the summer signings were down to PH alone. I’m not sure if this article is an admission that he should be working more closely with and putting his trust in the recruitment team in future.

Rocky
18-10-2019, 11:46 AM

I don't think that was a personal reflection that it's become too much for him. I think it's a general point that the role of a manager / head coach has evolved, as has the amount of work involved in recruitment, and therefore it's no longer possible for a manager to be solely responsible for recruitment.

1875-Hibernia
18-10-2019, 03:16 PM
I don't think that was a personal reflection that it's become too much for him. I think it's a general point that the role of a manager / head coach has evolved, as has the amount of work involved in recruitment, and therefore it's no longer possible for a manager to be solely responsible for recruitment.

I may be reading too much in to it, but I felt it was a way of saying he brought in a few signings and recruitment took over? Without any guilt or blame on anyone. Again I may be reading too much in to it.

1875-Hibernia
18-10-2019, 03:17 PM
I know that several of the summer signings were down to PH alone. I’m not sure if this article is an admission that he should be working more closely with and putting his trust in the recruitment team in future.

I read it as he brought in a few but recruitment are taking responsibility now. With his say on what type of player. I may be wrong

GreenOnions
18-10-2019, 11:05 PM
The comments from PH in the article are all of a general nature about what it's like being a manager now etc.

For the life of me I cannot work out what the OP is talking about. PH just saying that managers nowadays can't do recruitment as well as manage/coach. Nothing article really.

eastcoasthibby
19-10-2019, 07:26 AM
Interesting reference to contacts and using them ...is the link to bringing in players from the same management agency that he is with ..for me that isn't that healthy a way to sign players cos it's easy to get them in rather than get other better players in where more work needs done !! And the question will always be asked about there being something in it for them ?? !!

Sioux
19-10-2019, 08:10 AM
Interesting reference to contacts and using them ...is the link to bringing in players from the same management agency that he is with ..for me that isn't that healthy a way to sign players cos it's easy to get them in rather than get other better players in where more work needs done !! And the question will always be asked about there being something in it for them ?? !!

PH said that using agents he trusts is not to be dismissed, but it cannot be the only source of recruitment. Obviously the conspiracy theorists will twist anything for their own agenda.

Brightside
19-10-2019, 08:11 AM
The comments from PH in the article are all of a general nature about what it's like being a manager now etc.

For the life of me I cannot work out what the OP is talking about. PH just saying that managers nowadays can't do recruitment as well as manage/coach. Nothing article really.

Correct. No offence to the OP but I think he’s got the wrong end of the stick on this one.

Brightside
19-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Lennon had agent contacts also. He still does that at Celtic too. All players are fully vetted by the recruitment dept. No one has joined this club with out the sign off of the dept.