PDA

View Full Version : Home Brewing

Cataplana
17-10-2019, 11:13 AM
Anybody know of home brewing clubs in Edinburgh? Ideally, I'm looking for a place where I can do the whole process, as I am limited for space in the house.

MSK
19-10-2019, 06:12 AM
Anybody know of home brewing clubs in Edinburgh? Ideally, I'm looking for a place where I can do the whole process, as I am limited for space in the house.Not very helpful but there was a Krafty brew in Leith where you could go in, brew and bottle your own but recent checks suggest they are no more, I think Stewart brewing has a home brew facility but they are based in Loanhead

Cataplana
21-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Not very helpful but there was a Krafty brew in Leith where you could go in, brew and bottle your own but recent checks suggest they are no more, I think Stewart brewing has a home brew facility but they are based in Loanhead

Thanks, the Krafty brew would have been ideal, I knew about Stewarts, but I think its a bit expensive.

pollution
22-10-2019, 11:33 AM
Thanks, the Krafty brew would have been ideal, I knew about Stewarts, but I think its a bit expensive.

I'm glad to know I am not the only one to think that. I haven't bought from then since I paid a ridiculous price for a pint.

Not in the centre of Edinburgh, but at a bar in Midlothian.

Eaststand
22-10-2019, 03:12 PM
I'm glad to know I am not the only one to think that. I haven't bought from then since I paid a ridiculous price for a pint.

Not in the centre of Edinburgh, but at a bar in Midlothian.

I bought a couple of glass demi John's plus airlocks etc on gumtree a couple of years ago, to start making turbo cider.
It's doesn't take up a great deal of space to brew, but a 2 demi John's brew produces a total of 18, x 500ml bottles of 6% abv cider.
Once you've bought the equipment, it's a great wee hobby with some cheap but excellent end results :o)

GGTTH