Diclonius
14-10-2019, 01:53 PM
Maxwell

James Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Whittaker

Hallberg Vela

Mallan

Doidge Kamberi

Allan's out so narrow midfield with Whittaker giving us some muscle and helping out Hallberg. No wingers (because they're chronically underperforming) and none of this one up front pish.

BlackSheep
14-10-2019, 02:01 PM
Maxwell

Whittaker

Hallberg Vela

Mallan

Doidge Kamberi

Allan's out so narrow midfield with Whittaker giving us some muscle and helping out Hallberg. No wingers (because they're chronically underperforming) and none of this one up front pish.

Agreed, but being pedantic as I am, i would ask Hallberg and Vela to sit a little wide of centre... not wide wide, but with a little space. (you may have meant that with your original post but im just adding my 2c)

Vault Boy
14-10-2019, 02:23 PM
It's really difficult to pick a starting 11 right now because the balance isnt quite right, but I think I'd still prefer us to play wide men with a 4-3-3 rather than two up top. I'd quite like to see something that involves Kamberi, Fraser Murray and Middleton.

Not In The Know
14-10-2019, 02:48 PM
Maxwell

Whittaker

Hallberg Vela

Mallan

Doidge Kamberi

Whats up with Scott Allan?

hfc rd
14-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Whats up with Scott Allan?

Was going to ask the same. Unless I’ve missed something?

Hiber-nation
14-10-2019, 03:09 PM
It has been extensively reported that he is injured.

Can't have been that extensive as I'm never off here and haven't heard a thing.

sauzee=legend
14-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Maxwell

James
Porto
Jackson
Stevenson

Hallberg
Vela
Mallan

Horgan
Flo
Middleton

BoomtownHibees
14-10-2019, 03:21 PM

“Extensively reported” where?

wandering_hibee
14-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Maxwell

Whittaker

Hallberg Vela

Mallan

Doidge Kamberi

That would be my team, apart from swapping Murray for Mallan. 100% agree with the statements about the wingers and having only 1 up front.

ancient hibee
14-10-2019, 03:36 PM
It's really difficult to pick a starting 11 right now because the balance isnt quite right, but I think I'd still prefer us to play wide men with a 4-3-3 rather than two up top. I'd quite like to see something that involves Kamberi, Fraser Murray and Middleton.

I think wide players are not ideal at Hamilton as it’s difficult to run with the ball

Bobby Moore
14-10-2019, 03:40 PM
“Extensively reported” where?

Didn’t see much in the way of reports but heard he picked up a knock at Aberdeen and unlikely to be available for Hamilton away but should be ok for the next week Ross County at home.

Allant1981
14-10-2019, 03:47 PM
Didn’t see much in the way of reports but heard he picked up a knock at Aberdeen and unlikely to be available for Hamilton away but should be ok for the next week Ross County at home.

Ankle injury apparently

04Sauzee
14-10-2019, 04:17 PM

Hadn't seen or heard of this being reported anywhere. Not good news

superfurryhibby
14-10-2019, 04:23 PM
Allan should be back for the next game. Ankle ligament strain, as reported on the Bounce.

we are hibs
14-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Someone said he left Pittodrie in a moon boot on here after the game. May have just been a precaution but hibs have said on the website when players have suffered bad injuries so far this season (Boyle, James and Jackson) so hopefully hes fine

Keith_M
14-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Allan should be back for the next game. Ankle ligament strain, as reported on the Bounce.

Does that actually qualify as "extensively reported", though?

:hmmm:

calumhibee1
14-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Can't have been that extensive as I'm never off here and haven't heard a thing.

I hadn't either until a couple hours ago on here.

Speedway
14-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Marciano

James
McGregor
Porto
Stevenson

Hallberg
Vela
Allan
Boyle

Kamberi
Shaw

Steve Austin
14-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Going to this one with my 11yr old!,.
We should give Fraser Murray a runout if scotty Allan out injured?.
We have to be at it in this game or could look lose easily ,they are a physical team and have energy ?.
:agree::flag:

Iggy Pope
14-10-2019, 07:40 PM
Well, it was on the bounce last Thursday and iirc your Edinburgh papers also reported it. I'm on the West Coast and read about his injury but never heard anything either! Maybe you should go to specsavers they test hearing now too! :rolleyes:

It was in The Scotsman last Wed.

My eyes are good enough never to look at the Scotsman as they print crap so I’ve missed this extensive reporting too. Anyone else not reading the Scotsman much?

Hiber-nation
14-10-2019, 07:47 PM
My eyes are good enough never to look at the Scotsman as they print crap so I’ve missed this extensive reporting too. Anyone else not reading the Scotsman much?

Me. Last read it in about 1999. I didn't know it was so extensive. Nor the Bounce.

Smartie
14-10-2019, 08:09 PM
Maxwell

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Middleton

Stevenson
Hallberg
Vela
Mallan (Diamond)

Flo
Doidge

I'm convinced a diamond will improve us, we need 2 up front. Any midfield combination we pick without wingers looks painfully slow though so I've shuffled Stevenson into midfield (so we have more ability to run and tackle in there) and get Middleton providing width and attacking from deep.

Accies are hardly likely to attack us down the wings and give him that much to think about defensively, right?

The 90+2
14-10-2019, 08:18 PM

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/hibs-scott-allan-facing-injury-battle-for-clash-against-hamilton-accies-1-5020554

Here’s Lucy!
14-10-2019, 09:03 PM
Folk still read the Scotsman?

Whatever next?

hhibs
14-10-2019, 09:10 PM

Gave it up after I entered the 21 st century and they did not.

Hiber-nation
14-10-2019, 09:16 PM
What a bunch of wee girls' blouses on here. It was extensively reported in addition to The Scotsman and their Website, the bounce and various other websites. Is the internet not extensive? Two websites which I often use 'Not the Old Firm' and 'News Now' (Hibs) are excellent at keeping fans updated. I can only recommended them.

Oh thanks Macfie for that info. We must have overlooked that. All the best keep up the good work... Haha. :greengrin

It's a bummer actually having other things to do apart from searching for Hibs news but thanks for that info.

MacGruber
14-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Ankle injury apparently

It was clear to see he rolled his ankle and was struggling until the end of the game, was a good 20/25 mins plus. He should have been off straight away, hopefully got away with it and not aggrivated. It was a bit of a Gazza - was Allan's foul against the Aberdeen boy through the back of him but ended up doing himself. His running was laboured after

Forza Fred
15-10-2019, 01:20 AM
Gave it up after I entered the 21 st century and they did not.

Too hard to access on line now.

California-Hibs
15-10-2019, 01:27 AM
Maxwell

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Middleton

Stevenson
Hallberg
Vela
Mallan (Diamond)

Flo
Doidge

I'm convinced a diamond will improve us, we need 2 up front. Any midfield combination we pick without wingers looks painfully slow though so I've shuffled Stevenson into midfield (so we have more ability to run and tackle in there) and get Middleton providing width and attacking from deep.

Accies are hardly likely to attack us down the wings and give him that much to think about defensively, right?

Agree with this, would love to see him try it, convinced it would work wonders

Hibeesmad
15-10-2019, 02:23 AM
Marciano

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Vela
Hallberg
Horgan

Flo
Doidge

Bangkok Hibby
15-10-2019, 02:52 AM

I can confirm along with the Sun, it doesn't even appear in my toilet as an ass wiping medium.

Since452
15-10-2019, 06:03 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we leather Hamilton. Someone will take a heavy one off us, it's coming. Should have been Aberdeen

Brightside
15-10-2019, 07:07 AM
Does that actually qualify as "extensively reported", though?

:hmmm:

It was in the evening news a few days ago.

J-C
15-10-2019, 08:00 AM
If he sticks to 4-3-3

Maxwell

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Murray
Hallberg
Mallan

Doidge
Kamberi
Shaw

Let's just go for it.

supermcginn
15-10-2019, 08:43 AM
Maxwell

Naismith porteous jackson James

Whittaker

Hallberg mallan murray

Doidge kamberi

Diclonius
15-10-2019, 09:03 AM
Too hard to access on line now.

"Which Hibs players have the most points for assists-to-goals ratio this season? (you won't believe who's 7th!)"

PLEASE DISABLE YOUR AD BLOCKER

1. 12th. Tom James (35.2)
2. 11th. Paul Hanlon (38.1)
3. 10th. Dary-(screen interrupted by giant mid-article ad)-l Horgan (37.6)
4. 9t-(previous ad you just scrolled past has now started playing obnixiously loud music. You click on the mute button but the ad opens in a new window. You close the window and eventually mute the video)-h. Joe Newell (39.4)
Please click "next page" to access the rest of this list. ("next page" button leads you to another full-screen ad. You try to click off it but it has already started playing music. Eventually you manage to navigate your way to the rest of the article)
5. 8th. Oli Shaw (40.25666666)
6. 7th. Chris-(the two giant banner ads on the side of the screen have now clustered in the middle. You have to scroll back up but it keeps sending you down)-tian Doidge. (42.5)
7. 6th. Florian Kamberry (50 1/2)
8. 5th. Scott A-(the video at the top of the screen has now started playing some sort of "football focus" nonsense without your consent. You mute the tab)-llen (66.666666666666666666)
Please click "next page" to access the rest of this list (same ordeal as before)
9. 4th. Ste-ENTER YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO WIN FREE IPHONE IN MUIRHOUSE! (you have been without warning redirected to malvertising which immediately opens up several "are you sure you want to leave this page?" dialog boxes. You Alt+F4 your browser, swearing never again to visit that ****ing website, but knowing you'll click on the very next clickbaity Hibs-related article that comes up on your feed.)

Dan Sarf
15-10-2019, 09:37 AM
"Which Hibs players have the most points for assists-to-goals ratio this season? (you won't believe who's 7th!)"

4. 9t-(previous ad you just scrolled past has now started playing obnixiously loud music. You click on the mute button but the ad opens in a new window. You close the window and eventually mute the video)-h. Joe Newell (39.4)
Please click "next page" to access the rest of this list. ("next page" button leads you to another full-screen ad. You try to click off it but it has already started playing music. Eventually you manage to navigate your way to the rest of the article)
6. 7th. Chris-(the two giant banner ads on the side of the screen have now clustered in the middle. You have to scroll back up but it keeps sending you down)-tian Doidge. (42.5)
8. 5th. Scott A-(the video at the top of the screen has now started playing some sort of "football focus" nonsense without your consent. You mute the tab)-llen (66.666666666666666666)
Please click "next page" to access the rest of this list (same ordeal as before)
9. 4th. Ste-ENTER YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO WIN FREE IPHONE IN MUIRHOUSE! (you have been without warning redirected to malvertising which immediately opens up several "are you sure you want to leave this page?" dialog boxes. You Alt+F4 your browser, swearing never again to visit that ****ing website, but knowing you'll click on the very next clickbaity Hibs-related article that comes up on your feed.)

:top marks

JDHibs
15-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Rocky

Lewy
Hanlon
Porto
James

Vela
Hallberg

Middleton
Mallan
Horgan

Doidge

He wont play 2 up top.

Hiber-nation
15-10-2019, 10:43 AM

:thumbsup:

yerauldda
16-10-2019, 08:53 AM
Rocky

Lewy
Hanlon
Porto
James

Vela
Hallberg

Middleton
Mallan
Horgan

Doidge

He wont play 2 up top.

This is the team for me. Keep Doidge in, he will take some of these chances eventually.

ian cruise
16-10-2019, 09:24 AM
This is the team for me. Keep Doidge in, he will take some of these chances eventually.

Doidge is getting in the right positions but squandering chances, I think he should get the Hamilton game but after then if he's still not scoring then something needs to change. Feels a bit cheeky saying this considering where we are but Hamilton aren't very good, if he's not scoring against them, particularly if we're creating the chances for him, then we need a shake up as all the "progress" (for some there's been progress, other not so much but that's been debated to death) will have been for nothing.

I genuinely think 3 points is a must from this game, ideally not a scrappy one nil win either.

Sammy7nil
16-10-2019, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we leather Hamilton. Someone will take a heavy one off us, it's coming. Should have been Aberdeen

:greengrin :cool2::doh: :greengrin

Tyler Durden
16-10-2019, 12:07 PM
I’d rather play Kamberi wide left than Horgan or Middleton. I think Kamberi did a decent job defensively when playing wide last year. It was his contributions on the ball that faded as the season wore on.

If there is no Allan I’d go

Maxwell

James
Lewis
Porto
Hanlon

Hallberg
Whittaker
Mallan

Murray
Flo
Doidge

SickBoy32
16-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Rocky

Whittaker
Porto
Hanlon
James

Murray
Stevenson
Hallberg
Mallan

Doidge
Kamberi

Allant1981
16-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Rocky

Whittaker
Porto
Hanlon
James

Murray
Stevenson
Hallberg
Mallan

Doidge
Kamberi

You would have Stevenson playing central midfield after not having played there for years?

MrRobot
16-10-2019, 01:42 PM
I’d rather play Kamberi wide left than Horgan or Middleton. I think Kamberi did a decent job defensively when playing wide last year. It was his contributions on the ball that faded as the season wore on.

If there is no Allan I’d go

Maxwell

James
Lewis
Porto
Hanlon

Hallberg
Whittaker
Mallan

Murray
Flo
Doidge

Would agree with Kamberi playing wide left, he played pretty well in that position last year.

Allant1981
16-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Would agree with Kamberi playing wide left, he played pretty well in that position last year.

Certainly a better option than horgan or middleton at the moment

Nicho87
16-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Maxwell

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Vela
Mallan

Middleton
Kamberi
Horgan

SickBoy32
16-10-2019, 03:04 PM
You would have Stevenson playing central midfield after not having played there for years?

After looking at all the available other options, I would aye.

Not been impressed with Vela in there at all, an expensive Brian Kerr.

lyonhibs
16-10-2019, 03:24 PM

So, so accurate

:faf::faf::faf:

The 90+2
16-10-2019, 03:36 PM
So, so accurate

:faf::faf::faf:

It’s actually a lot better in the last week or so. Dico’s post Was genius though.

04Sauzee
16-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Maxwell, James, Stevenson, Halberg, Porteous, Hanlon, Horgan, Mallan, Houchen, Vela, Newall.

Do the Houchey Houchey 😂

JohnMcM
16-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Has there been any recent update on Squirrel's recovery?

:flag:

500miles
16-10-2019, 07:06 PM
...........Maxwell
James.Porteous.Hanlon.Stevenson
..... ...Whittaker
..... Vela.... Hallberg
......... Mallan
.... Doidge... Kamberi

number9dream
17-10-2019, 03:50 PM
Think he'll stick with the same line up from Pittodrie if Allan is fit enough to play on the plastic, with a toss up between Horgan & Middleton.

I'd like to see...

Marciano
Naismith Porteous Hanlon
James Hallberg Murray Stevenson
Mallan Allan
Kamberi

Keith_M
17-10-2019, 04:11 PM
Could everybody adjust their teams to include Allan, please.

500miles
17-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Think he'll stick with the same line up from Pittodrie if Allan is fit enough to play on the plastic, with a toss up between Horgan & Middleton.

I'd like to see...

Marciano
Naismith Porteous Hanlon
James Hallberg Murray Stevenson
Mallan Allan
Kamberi

Don't think we'll get away with playing 12 men.

Chorley Hibee
17-10-2019, 05:33 PM

As long as Heckingbottom does the same!

Diclonius
17-10-2019, 05:45 PM

Nae bother, just swap him out for Mallan in mine.

04Sauzee
17-10-2019, 05:47 PM
Don't think we'll get away with playing 12 men.

Unless he's edited it, i can only count 11 👀

eastcoasthibby
18-10-2019, 03:55 PM
I can't see us risk Scott Allan on that ***** pitch at Hamilton if it's been a strain ...but would play Fraser Murray as no 10 instead of Mallan more ability to get into the box area and probably more of an all round goal threat .how often do you ever see Mallan inside the 18 yard box ...

RossScott1991
18-10-2019, 05:40 PM
I’d like to see us try 4.3.3 but with Kamberi wide left.

He likes to run the channels and isn’t a target man. I think if we could work on a system that has Allan doidge and kamberi in the team it would do us the world of good. Obviously he would be abit deeper and looking to get up and support Doidge.

Marciano

James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Vela
Allan

Boyle
Doidge
Kamberi

Would give this team a go when everyone is fit, in meantime swap Boyle for Horgan tomorrow.

Billy Whizz
18-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Last time at Hamilton, Shaw scored the winner late on, hope he gets a chance tomorrow to score

J-C
18-10-2019, 08:00 PM
I posted earlier in this thread but I'd go 3 up top with Doidge right, Flo in the middle and Shaw left, a 3 pronged attack.

Iggy Pope
18-10-2019, 08:38 PM
You're very welcome and yes as you have already stated you're never off Hibsnet so maybe in the future you could try and spend a little time on more informative sites. 'IT' is the way ahead for sure.

What’s the latest on Scott Allan? Is he still being extensively reported as injured and out tomorrow?
Yours,
Wee Girls Blouse.

JimBHibees
19-10-2019, 06:53 AM
I posted earlier in this thread but I'd go 3 up top with Doidge right, Flo in the middle and Shaw left, a 3 pronged attack.

Decent idea but would play Doidge central with Flo wider. Flo is one of our better players and goal threats so needs to play. Imo doesn't say much for the coach that he hasn't tried systems with 2 forwards.

J-C
19-10-2019, 09:34 AM
Decent idea but would play Doidge central with Flo wider. Flo is one of our better players and goal threats so needs to play. Imo doesn't say much for the coach that he hasn't tried systems with 2 forwards.

Tbh a mixture of the 3 whatever way, our 2 wide players have a disappointment, 3 attackers/strikers works for other teams, why not give it a go.

4-4-2 diamond is another way I'd go, to get creativity and 2 strikers on the pitch.

GoalsMcGinley
19-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Still cannot believe the amount of people who have Horgan on their team. What exactly is that based on? Certainly not recent form!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
19-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Tbh a mixture of the 3 whatever way, our 2 wide players have a disappointment, 3 attackers/strikers works for other teams, why not give it a go.

4-4-2 diamond is another way I'd go, to get creativity and 2 strikers on the pitch.

I would start with 3 up and have a mid 3 of hallberg Vela mallan. Would like to see oli get a start also.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2019, 10:14 AM
2-3 Hibs

neil7908
19-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Have to go 2 up top with Kamberi alongside Doidge.

CLASS OF 72 -73
19-10-2019, 10:25 AM

Kamberi Dodge does not really work so good idea nothing to lose trying it.
1-2

CMurdoch
19-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Still cannot believe the amount of people who have Horgan on their team. What exactly is that based on? Certainly not recent form!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snap! He has been horrific.

Am about to set off for the Fountain Of Youth Stadium :confused: (anything for cash right enough) and hope not to see Mr Horgan on the pitch before the 70 minute mark.
Diamond middle to front please Doidge (CF) with Kamberi and Middleton on the flanks and Allan at the back of the diamond feeding them.
1st away win of the season at my 1st away game of the season?

Steve Austin
19-10-2019, 11:12 AM
I'm off coming through from pollockshields !,any tips re stadium ?.First visit to Hamilton accies for me and my 11yr old ?.
looking to see us having a real go here hopefully and some evidence of high press game .:greengrin
Be nice to meet any other hibs.net ?.
All the best to everyone going and safe journey to you guys also.Ggtth..
:aok:

Billy Whizz
19-10-2019, 11:32 AM
I'm off coming through from pollockshields !,any tips re stadium ?.First visit to Hamilton accies for me and my 11yr old ?.
looking to see us having a real go here hopefully and some evidence of high press game .:greengrin
Be nice to meet any other hibs.net ?.
All the best to everyone going and safe journey to you guys also.Ggtth..
:aok:

Just come off the M74 at the Raith interchange, then go past Racecourse, turn right

Smartie
19-10-2019, 12:40 PM
Kamberi Dodge does not really work so good idea nothing to lose trying it.
1-2

How long have they had together? I can only remember the first half at home to St Johnstone, the pair of them played well together considering they were quite new to each other.

erin go bragh
19-10-2019, 12:54 PM
What’s the latest on Scott Allan? Is he still being extensively reported as injured and out tomorrow?
Yours,
Wee Girls Blouse.

Recovered and available but on the bench

Heisenberg
19-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Joe Newell starts ahead of Scott Allan.

we are hibs
19-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Horrendous looking team. Again.

SteveHFC
Maxwell
James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Mallan
Vela
Hallberg
Newell
Horgan
Doidge

That team is a shocker. One upfront away to Hamilton. 😐

007 Mickey Weir
Newell starts and Allan on bench

Oh dear

007 Mickey Weir
19-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Swap Murray or Middleton for Newell.

Allan I hope isnt 100% to start and it’s an artificial pitch.

Bangkok Hibby
19-10-2019, 12:57 PM
Just checked the starting line up. Utterly depressing. Felt good about this game and even backed them.....****!!!

CapitalGreen
19-10-2019, 12:58 PM
Maxwell
James
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Mallan
Vela
Hallberg
Newell
Horgan
Doidge

That team is a shocker. One upfront away to Hamilton. 😐

Grim

SickBoy32
19-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Disappointing but not surprising to see us persisting with this 1 up front *****.

Midfield looks poor too.

Diclonius
19-10-2019, 01:01 PM
Well, no one picked that team.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2019, 01:04 PM
My brother just read the team out to me and I had to check it myself to make sure it was true.

Joe Newell - Jesus Christ.

MrRobot
19-10-2019, 01:06 PM
Hopefully Newell has an absolute 10/10 baller performance today just as an up you to those who are probably already preparing their summary of his performance.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2019, 01:07 PM
Hopefully Newell has an absolute 10/10 baller performance today just as an up you to those who are probably already preparing their summary of his performance.

I think he's hopeless and I genuinely hope he does as well.

Feed McGraw
19-10-2019, 01:08 PM
My brother just read the team out to me and I had to check it myself to make sure it was true.

Joe Newell - Jesus Christ.So it's a front two 😁

Sir David Gray
19-10-2019, 01:49 PM
So it's a front two 😁

If only!

Feed McGraw
19-10-2019, 01:52 PM
If only!😁

500miles
19-10-2019, 01:58 PM
I can understand Allan might not start if he's not been training for the last couple of weeks, but I've seen nothing from Newell. Unless we win today, Hecky has to walk.

Scottie
19-10-2019, 02:00 PM
I can understand Allan might not start if he's not been training for the last couple of weeks, but I've seen nothing from Newell. Unless we win today, Hecky has to walk.
He will not walk, no chance, he's here for the long haul unfortunately

ahibby
19-10-2019, 02:04 PM

Theres no reason why if he puts in a good shift he could be m.o.m. Question is will he put in the shift thats needed.

MrRobot
19-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Theres no reason why if he puts in a good shift he could be m.o.m. Question is will he put in the shift thats needed.

he could probably get a hat trick and there will still be some that moan about him.