PDA

View Full Version : Mobile site

Rocky
13-10-2019, 09:15 PM
I'm very grateful to the admins for the work they put in to maintain the site and the funds they raise for our club but is there any possibility the mobile site could be updated? It's starting to look and feel really tired compared to the other ones I use. Pie and bovril and Hibees Bounce look really good now, with plenty of support for notifications, embedding links, adding Twitter posts etc. I love that it's thriving in here but the site itself is a backward step compared to those (in my personal opinion of course). I'm more than happy that my PM sub benefits the club but I'd be happy if a few quid was diverted to updating the site software. Apologies, I don't understand any of the technicalities so that may be a huge amount of work but I just wondered if it's under consideration?

The 90+2
13-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Switch to hibs.net lite. 👍

Rocky
13-10-2019, 09:37 PM
Switch to hibs.net lite. 👍

That's what I'm on

ian cruise
13-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Hibs.net lite is my favourite message board set up, much less cluttered and smoother than so many other forums I have used. Much prefer it to bounce for example (no offence intended to guys who run bounce, just a personal preference).

Rocky
13-10-2019, 10:15 PM
Hibs.net lite is my favourite message board set up, much less cluttered and smoother than so many other forums I have used. Much prefer it to bounce for example (no offence intended to guys who run bounce, just a personal preference).

That's a fair point, I do like the simplicity and ease of navigation in here. It's annoying that there's no notifications for post quotes etc though, and the lack of support for embedded links mean I tend to just ignore them. Tweet previews, for example, make such a difference.

Vault Boy
14-10-2019, 12:46 AM
Aye I use lite too, it's not perfect but as far as I'm aware it'd be a big old project to change it. Definitely worth looking at though.

Austinho
14-10-2019, 01:07 AM
I’ve offered my services to redesign the site for free several times and have put a lot of work into designing new graphics, logo etc to no avail. As far as I’m aware an update has been looked at a couple of times but has stalled for whatever reason. There was even a new test site at some point but it’s all gone quiet. I agree it’s way, way past its sell by date.

DaveF
15-10-2019, 07:28 AM
I’ve offered my services to redesign the site for free several times and have put a lot of work into designing new graphics, logo etc to no avail. As far as I’m aware an update has been looked at a couple of times but has stalled for whatever reason. There was even a new test site at some point but it’s all gone quiet. I agree it’s way, way past its sell by date.

As you know, I agree about a refresh. But it's a time consuming process and I guess finding that time was the issue.

Diclonius
15-10-2019, 07:42 AM
hibs.net lite is exactly what I need - simple and easy to use, and you can switch to the full version if you prefer. Don't ever change it. :aok:

Man Down Under
15-10-2019, 01:47 PM
I use Tapatalk app. Not sure if you can link accounts though. Super easy to navigate compared to .net on mobile

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-10-2019, 05:21 PM
hibs.net lite is exactly what I need - simple and easy to use, and you can switch to the full version if you prefer. Don't ever change it. :aok:

This 👍

Since90+2
15-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Never had a problem with the mobile site tbh.

Salisbury Hibby
15-10-2019, 06:33 PM
I use Tapatalk app. Not sure if you can link accounts though. Super easy to navigate compared to .net on mobile

Sent from my SM-A205GN using TapatalkTapatalk here too. Fulfils my needs on a mobile device.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Brummie_Hibs
15-10-2019, 08:12 PM
How do you switch to lite?

I used to have lite, but in the last week or so something weird has happened. I get lite thread listing, but full web pages when I click on a thread.

I can't seem to find the setting that changes it.

Billy Whizz
15-10-2019, 08:17 PM
How do you switch to lite?

I used to have lite, but in the last week or so something weird has happened. I get lite thread listing, but full web pages when I click on a thread.

I can't seem to find the setting that changes it.

Scroll to the bottom of the page on the left

Brummie_Hibs
15-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Scroll to the bottom of the page on the left

Much appreciated!

Austinho
16-10-2019, 05:01 AM
As you know, I agree about a refresh. But it's a time consuming process and I guess finding that time was the issue.You also put in a lot of graft - hopefully it’s not completely dead in the water. Presume it’s a hell of a job to sort out and nobody available to do it. Would be a shame to lose users to other sites in the long run.

J-C
16-10-2019, 05:04 AM
I have the lite on my phone too, works just great.

offshorehibby
16-10-2019, 09:57 AM
I use mobile lite find it no problem usualy.

I've had a we problem getting onto PM site latley. I used to just go into my bookmarks and click on PM link. I recently had to change my password and anytime i go that route it asks for user name and password, it comes up with 'you do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again'

If i go via tab Hibs.net forums then click PM form i get on no problems. I have no problems atall on PC

Billy Whizz
16-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Mobile is most grow friendly way to use it
However quite often when I post links, I have to go onto the Default site to embed them
Is there a way round that?

Keith_M
16-10-2019, 10:15 AM

Is there a specific link for the 'lite' version?

Diclonius
16-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Is there a specific link for the 'lite' version?

There's a drop down menu for it at the bottom of every page.

Onceinawhile
16-10-2019, 10:58 AM

This

The 90+2
16-10-2019, 11:12 AM
The only function I would add (if possible) would be a notification for posts that have been quoted. I feel pretty rude when I’ve just not answered someone as I’ve no idea they’ve replied.

Jack
16-10-2019, 12:42 PM
I've used here and the Bounce for a good number years.

I didn't like the Bounce at all when if changed recently, probably an age thing where folk don't like change :-)

Have to say now that I've got used to it the layout, functionality and presentation is excellent.

Keith_M
16-10-2019, 01:32 PM
There's a drop down menu for it at the bottom of every page.

Thanks

:aok: