PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross to Hearts

LancsHibs
11-10-2019, 03:30 PM
Is what I’ve been told. Being lined up to take over from Potter who will take up DoF role.

04Sauzee
11-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Is what I’ve been told. Being lined up to take over from Potter who will take up DoF role.

Levein already has the DOF role at Hearts.

Northernhibee
11-10-2019, 03:34 PM
Good news. Another negative football merchant like Levein.

essexhibee
11-10-2019, 03:39 PM

I thought he was pushed out previously? Off field antics :cb

Billy Whizz
11-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Nothing on Kickback

Brightside
11-10-2019, 03:47 PM
I doubt it - unless the physio has left?

Cataplana
11-10-2019, 03:48 PM
Guys a loser. Much rather have Alex Neil.

BILLYHIBS
11-10-2019, 03:49 PM

😁

matty_f
11-10-2019, 04:03 PM
He'd do well there, I hope there's nothing in it.

Since90+2
11-10-2019, 04:05 PM
Guys a loser. Much rather have Alex Neil.

You think he'd leave Preston to manage us? I don't.

Id quite like Klopp but that's no happening either.

hibsbollah
11-10-2019, 04:06 PM
A good coach who would fit into the defensive, no frills yams mentality.

Bostonhibby
11-10-2019, 04:07 PM
He'd do well there, I hope there's nothing in it.With Doctor football signing the players and sending his runner back and forwards with post-it notes telling him what to do? I'm not so sure[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
11-10-2019, 04:08 PM

Jambo I know says Ross will never work with Hearts as long as Levein and Budge are there.

SMAXXA
11-10-2019, 05:25 PM
He'd do well there, I hope there's nothing in it.

What makes you think that?

Heisenberg
11-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Jambo I know says Ross will never work with Hearts as long as Levein and Budge are there.

Makes sense. He left Hearts on bad terms last time out. Might depend on how desperate both parties are.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Fact: If he goes there he's a pish manager.

Also a fact: If we get him, he's an excellent, up and coming young manager, with bags of experience and contacts.

SMAXXA
11-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Fact: If he goes there he's a pish manager.

Also a fact: If we get him, he's an excellent, up and coming young manager, with bags of experience and contacts.

Aye but his contacts were Hibs transfer targets so we are indeed ****ed 😉

SingaporeHibs
11-10-2019, 05:58 PM
That would be great, he is a massive Celtic fan who dislikes the Jambos as much as I do. As professional as he maybe, Agent Ross, crack on.

Cataplana
11-10-2019, 06:50 PM
You think he'd leave Preston to manage us? I don't.

Id quite like Klopp but that's no happening either.

Very much doubt he would. Klopp, on the other hand, is not Hibs class.

Sir David Gray
11-10-2019, 07:10 PM
I can't see that happening I don't believe he gets on with Levein.

heretoday
11-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Very much doubt he would. Klopp, on the other hand, is not Hibs class.

Klopp would go doolally managing Hibs. He's borderline as it is and he's in charge of the European champions.

Winston Ingram
12-10-2019, 05:44 AM

This. He’ll not be back there. He’s burnt his bridges.

Gloucester Hibs
12-10-2019, 06:27 AM
What exactly happened between Jack Ross and Hearts that makes this a no-go?

3pm
12-10-2019, 06:47 AM

He asked his reserve team to pass the ball on the ground. They were furious by all accounts.

Cataplana
12-10-2019, 07:17 AM
Klopp would go doolally managing Hibs. He's borderline as it is and he's in charge of the European champions.

Nail hit on head. His touchy feely stuff has no place managing our boy band of a team.

Eyrie
12-10-2019, 09:15 AM
Nail hit on head. His touchy feely stuff has no place managing our boy band of a team.

His heavy metal football would be a bad fit with that boy band, but great for the fans and music lovers.

IWasThere2016
12-10-2019, 09:20 AM
Told they dislike eachother but it wouldn't surprise me

tamig
12-10-2019, 10:34 AM

Thats correct. He loves Levein as much as Mikey Stewart does.

Cataplana
12-10-2019, 12:19 PM
His heavy metal football would be a bad fit with that boy band, but great for the fans and music lovers.

Folk fi fitba ken whats going on.

bingo70
12-10-2019, 01:07 PM
Remember when Yogi would never take the Hibs job because him and Petrie hated each other? This situation sounds similar to me.

Jack Ross reminds me of Steven Pressley a few years ago, appears to have built a reputation that far outweighs his achievements. Might end up being brilliant but I can’t say I’d be too arsed if Hearts got him and he wouldn’t be near the top of the list for people I’d want to replace Heckingbottom.

Hibee87
12-10-2019, 01:19 PM

Was he not rumoured to be having his way with the physio? Maybe something to do with that? I seem to recall it was a out the blue thing with no real reason given.

dangermouse
16-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Was he not rumoured to be having his way with the physio? Maybe something to do with that? I seem to recall it was a out the blue thing with no real reason given.

Sort of a Hearts version of Kittygate :eek:

Since452
16-10-2019, 11:24 AM
Sort of a Hearts version of Kittygate :eek:

To be fair Kitty was the best of the two 😉

Biggie
16-10-2019, 11:30 AM
To be fair Kitty was the best of the two 😉

Dunno, the hearts physio looks nb 😏

overdrive
16-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Dunno, the hearts physio looks nb 😏

It was allegedly the club doctor, not the physio.

eastmainsmsh
16-10-2019, 11:41 AM
It was allegedly the club doctor, not the physio.

Male or Female lol

overdrive
16-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Male or Female lol

Female.

ekhibee
16-10-2019, 11:52 AM
I don't know which is the worse place to go to, Sunderland or Rotherham.

bigswissstriker
16-10-2019, 01:34 PM
The amount of people on here slating Ross is mental.

He only lost 10 out of 76 games in charge of Sunderland. While having to trim the wage bill and deal with hu*****us expectations. Got them to Wembley twice - granted, he lost both - still got them there.

At st Mirren they were on their way to a second successive relegation. He keeps them up and then gets them up at first time of asking, very comfortably. What is so bad about that as a record ? That’s not even mentioning the decent job he did at Alloa. He would be great for either hibs or hearts.

hibeerealist
16-10-2019, 01:39 PM
Remember when Yogi would never take the Hibs job because him and Petrie hated each other? This situation sounds similar to me.

Jack Ross reminds me of Steven Pressley a few years ago, appears to have built a reputation that far outweighs his achievements. Might end up being brilliant but I can’t say I’d be too arsed if Hearts got him and he wouldn’t be near the top of the list for people I’d want to replace Heckingbottom.

:agree: Agree Bingo

FilipinoHibs
17-10-2019, 12:13 AM
I don't know which is the worse place to go to, Sunderland or Rotherham.

Rotherham by a mile. Depressed former Steel town full of people with no hope and hooked on drugs.

Sunderland has the sea.

Since452
17-10-2019, 05:20 AM
The amount of people on here slating Ross is mental.

He only lost 10 out of 76 games in charge of Sunderland. While having to trim the wage bill and deal with hu*****us expectations. Got them to Wembley twice - granted, he lost both - still got them there.

At st Mirren they were on their way to a second successive relegation. He keeps them up and then gets them up at first time of asking, very comfortably. What is so bad about that as a record ? That’s not even mentioning the decent job he did at Alloa. He would be great for either hibs or hearts.

To be fair Heckingbottom got Barnsley to Wembley twice and won twice and got them promoted from the same league on a fraction of Ross's budget. Agree with the others who say his reputation is too big for his achievements. Untested at SPL level and ultimately failed at English League One level, with the biggest club in it.

rotherhamrob
17-10-2019, 05:55 AM
Rotherham by a mile. Depressed former Steel town full of people with no hope and hooked on drugs.

Sunderland has the sea.

😂😂 Been there often have you?

Monts
17-10-2019, 06:47 AM

Sunderland has the sea.

South American drugs, or...?

Keith_M
17-10-2019, 06:54 AM
South American drugs, or...?

Don't worry, prejudice is allowed if it's against working class, white English people.

Diclonius
17-10-2019, 11:28 AM
I think it's fair to guess that Ross will go to the first of us, Hearts or Aberdeen who is looking for a new manager.

FilipinoHibs
17-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Don't worry, prejudice is allowed if it's against working class, white English people.

Some cocaine from South America mainly consumed as crack. Mostly heroin from Afghanistan. All brought in and sold by British drug gangs. A lot of suffering on the the drug train especially at origin. I have visited these places they are desperate and a reflection of the failure of both Labour and Tory governments over the last 40 years.

Not falling for the bait. Obviously some desperate places in Scotland. Same suppliers and pain on the drug train.

hibeerealist
17-10-2019, 11:36 AM
Aye, the kind of folk who voted for Brexit (Scotland didn't by the way) and who are now moaning because the Nissan plant in Sunderland is cutting back on hours.

Wonder why TF that might be eh?

Still, at least these bxstard English votes are dragging Scotland into a cesspool of economic decline and right wing politics.

Fxxx the uk

Charming!!

How long did that take you to write.

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2019, 11:37 AM
jeezo, this thread has taken a turn :greengrin

jack ross, aye or nay

aye

i think

Monts
17-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Some cocaine from South America mainly consumed as crack. Mostly heroin from Afghanistan. All brought in and sold by British drug gangs. A lot of suffering on the the drug train especially at origin. I have visited these places they are desperate and a reflection of the failure of both Labour and Tory governments over the last 40 years.

Not falling for the bait. Obviously some desperate places in Scotland. Same suppliers and pain on the drug train.

So its not ok to taint South Americans as drug lords, but its perfectly ok to taint people from Rotherham as cocaine and heroin addicts?

FilipinoHibs
17-10-2019, 11:48 AM
So its not ok to taint South Americans as drug lords, but its perfectly ok to taint people from Rotherham as cocaine and heroin addicts?

It is the reality of their situation. A product of poverty and neglect for 40 years. There is a good BBC documentary on Hartlepool which is similar to Rotherham. I have been to Rotherham several times. It is a sad reality. You would not want to live there. It is a reflection of the failure of modern capitalism since the late 70s. And the governments of Labour and Conservatives. A high percentage of the population are addicted to drugs in these cities. A very small proportion of South Americans are drug dealers. Many South Americans suffer because of the drugs trade.

Keith_M
17-10-2019, 11:50 AM

Apparently so, and with no sense of awareness whatsoever.

I'm Scottish but absolutely hate this current demonisation of ordinary, "working-class" English people, based on the viewpoint and preconceptions of some people. Those same people are then so sensitive about other groups, often willing to see offense where none was intended.

The irony of this escapes them.

FilipinoHibs
17-10-2019, 11:52 AM
jeezo, this thread has taken a turn :greengrin

jack ross, aye or nay

aye

i think

It is because a few folk can't get over being called as racists because of the caricature of South Americans. Similar to the coconut debate. They are a minority who live in a dark age of lack of global awareness. Off the ball recognised the coconut incident as racist. I will leave it there and leave them in their insecure place.

Keith_M
17-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Aye, the kind of folk who voted for Brexit (Scotland didn't by the way) and who are now moaning because the Nissan plant in Sunderland is cutting back on hours.

Wonder why TF that might be eh?

Still, at least these bxstard English votes are dragging Scotland into a cesspool of economic decline and right wing politics.

Fxxx the uk

You might want to have a read through this (https://medium.com/@overtake/your-regular-reminder-brexit-isnt-the-fault-of-working-class-northerners-f2ca7ca37d03) article.

Oh and I'm Scottish and in favour of separation from the UK... I just don't hate English people

Keith_M
17-10-2019, 11:57 AM
It is because a few folk can't get over being called as racists because of the caricature if South Americans. Similar to the coconut debate. They are a minority who live in a dark age of lack of global awareness. Off the ball recognised the coconut incident as racist. I will leave it there and leave them in their insecure place.

So you have no defense of your own prejudiced point of view other than to attack other people you have never even met as being racist?

As long as we're all clear on that

:aok:

WhileTheChief..
17-10-2019, 12:01 PM
Is there a word for people who hate white westerners? I’m guessing racist doesn’t count.

rotherhamrob
17-10-2019, 12:07 PM
It is the reality of their situation. A product of poverty and neglect for 40 years. There is a good BBC documentary on Hartlepool which is similar to Rotherham. I have been to Rotherham several times. It is a sad reality. You would not want to live there. It is a reflection of the failure of modern capitalism since the late 70s. And the governments of Labour and Conservatives. A high percentage of the population are addicted to drugs in these cities. A very small proportion of South Americans are drug dealers. Many South Americans suffer because of the drugs trade.
What a load of pish.
I've lived in Rotherham for over 30 yrs, are there places you wouldn't want to live?
Of course there are, but equally there's many places where it's lovely, just like any other town/city.
Are there drug addicts? Of course there are, just like any other town/city.
I was laughing at your post as you inferred that Rotherham was somehow worse than Sunderland when in fact most towns/cities have the same problems and it isn't all to do with poverty, London is probably one of the richest cities in the world but I'd hazard a guess that drugs are as big a problem there as in Rotherham.

Sioux
17-10-2019, 12:21 PM
It is because a few folk can't get over being called as racists because of the caricature of South Americans. Similar to the coconut debate. They are a minority who live in a dark age of lack of global awareness. Off the ball recognised the coconut incident as racist. I will leave it there and leave them in their insecure place.

Shawn Lawson, Uruguay, South America :hmmm:

TrinityHibs
17-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Is there a word for people who hate white westerners? I’m guessing racist doesn’t count.

How about a Springbank? To be fair the typical Springbank doesn't hate all westerners and some of the illegitimate English people referred to may not be white however they are clearly ignorant and intolerant so maybe its not a bad word to use to describe a racist.

madhibby
17-10-2019, 01:06 PM
There was an article in the Herald on Jack Ross, quite complementary towards him and it concluded he will be back as a manager in Scotland probably at either Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs with the journalist's tip that he will reappear in Leith?!

WhileTheChief..
17-10-2019, 01:19 PM
How about a Springbank? To be fair the typical Springbank doesn't hate all westerners and some of the illegitimate English people referred to may not be white however they are clearly ignorant and intolerant so maybe its not a bad word to use to describe a racist.

Had to Google that, turns out it's a fine malt whisky:cb

Keith_M
17-10-2019, 04:13 PM
Soooo, do we have any update on the Jack Ross situation?

:dunno:

green day
17-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Soooo, do we have any update on the Jack Ross situation?

:dunno:

Hes in a suite in some amazing hotel in Barbados, reclining on a huge bed with £500k in payoff dough, a fridge full of caviar and champagne and a couple of Russian hookers if he has any sense.........................

HappyAsHellas
17-10-2019, 04:25 PM
He could maybe do a line or two as well to ram it up people from Rotherham.

One Day Soon
17-10-2019, 05:17 PM
Charming!!

How long did that take you to write.

Presumably his/her prejudice doesn't allow them to understand that without all the Scottish and Welsh votes cast in favour of Brexit there would have been no majority for Brexit.

hibsbollah
17-10-2019, 05:23 PM
What a load of pish.
I've lived in Rotherham for over 30 yrs, are there places you wouldn't want to live?
Of course there are, but equally there's many places where it's lovely, just like any other town/city.
Are there drug addicts? Of course there are, just like any other town/city.
I was laughing at your post as you inferred that Rotherham was somehow worse than Sunderland when in fact most towns/cities have the same problems and it isn't all to do with poverty, London is probably one of the richest cities in the world but I'd hazard a guess that drugs are as big a problem there as in Rotherham.

My ex was from Rotherham. Well, Wath upon Dearne actually. It is a terrible place, no offence. But personally, I think Sunderland is worse. London actually has most of the most
deprived wards in the UK, so yeah, sorry to contradict but poverty really is the main factor in how bad your town is to live in.

rotherhamrob
17-10-2019, 06:21 PM
My ex was from Rotherham. Well, Wath upon Dearne actually. It is a terrible place, no offence. But personally, I think Sunderland is worse. London actually has most of the most
deprived wards in the UK, so yeah, sorry to contradict but poverty really is the main factor in how bad your town is to live in.
No offence taken, I've already said that there's places you wouldn't want to live.
I just thought the posters point about a high percentage of drug users was ridiculous,it's no different to any other working class town which all have their share of addicts, non addicts, good/bad people, poverty/wealth.

Iggy Pope
17-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Hes in a suite in some amazing hotel in Barbados, reclining on a huge bed with £500k in payoff dough, a fridge full of caviar and champagne and a couple of Russian hookers if he has any sense.........................

Moving away from offending Rotherham, is Russia renowned for its hookers and why not Barbadian ones?

The 90+2
17-10-2019, 07:57 PM
Moving away from offending Rotherham, is Russia renowned for its hookers and why not Barbadian ones?

You’ve never encountered a Russian hooker then I’m guessing?

eastmainsmsh
17-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Ross was always on to a hiding with Sunderland felt he did well there unlucky in playoff final big gamble from the chairman

hibeerealist
17-10-2019, 08:04 PM
Presumably his/her prejudice doesn't allow them to understand that without all the Scottish and Welsh votes cast in favour of Brexit there would have been no majority for Brexit.

Good point ODS

bingo70
17-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Ross was always on to a hiding with Sunderland felt he did well there unlucky in playoff final big gamble from the chairman

I don’t know enough about the sunderland situation to know if you’re right or wrong, I’m not sure I agree with the bad luck thing though, with his budget if you’re good enough then you’re blowing teams away not relying on luck.

With regards to the Sunderland chairman’s gamble though, Ross’s replacement looks like a shocker. Time will tell if he’s right or not but if I was a Sunderland fan I’d be pretty gutted at that appointment.

3pm
17-10-2019, 08:52 PM
I don’t know enough about the sunderland situation to know if you’re right or wrong, I’m not sure I agree with the bad luck thing though, with his budget if you’re good enough then you’re blowing teams away not relying on luck.

With regards to the Sunderland chairman’s gamble though, Ross’s replacement looks like a shocker. Time will tell if he’s right or not but if I was a Sunderland fan I’d be pretty gutted at that appointment.

What was his budget?

bingo70
17-10-2019, 08:59 PM
What was his budget?

Appeared to be higher than the teams he was competing with, sorry, can’t be more specific than that.

tonyrougier123
18-10-2019, 03:22 AM
I can understand supporters dubious about jack ross's management style,sunderland fans have had a hard fall from grace though,and ross is arguably the best gaffer they have had in a while.but the seethe is so intense at that clubs demise,they are getting clean tore into anyone appointed relatively quick.

I will stick with my intuition on jack ross,I think he will be a good gaffer for someone.

3pm
18-10-2019, 06:10 AM
Appeared to be higher than the teams he was competing with, sorry, can’t be more specific than that.

Exactly.

Caversham Green
18-10-2019, 07:37 AM

Sunderland's wage bill for the 2018 season was £46m from a turnover of £63m

Rotherham's wage bill for the same season was £6m, turnover £9m.

Keith_M
18-10-2019, 11:35 AM
Sunderland's wage bill for the 2018 season was £46m from a turnover of £63m

Rotherham's wage bill for the same season was £6m, turnover £9m.

That's an incredible difference, but not surprising. Sunderland have always had a fantastic support for what is quite a small city.

Caversham Green
18-10-2019, 12:27 PM
That's an incredible difference, but not surprising. Sunderland have always had a fantastic support for what is quite a small city.

TBF it's a bit misleading as Sunderland were in the Championship in that season and also had £41.6m parachute payments included in their turnover. The parachute payment for 2018-19 was £34.9 m and for the current season is £15.5m - still more than Rotherham's total turnover.

Also, I picked Rotherham because the town was getting slagged off (unfairly IMO) earlier in the thread, maybe a better comparison would be Hecky's (until Feb 2018) Barnsley. Their turnover for the same season was a tad under £14m, wage bill was £10.6m.

Both Sunderland and Barnsley were relegated to League 1 at the end of the season.

Springbank
18-10-2019, 02:12 PM
Had to Google that, turns out it's a fine malt whisky:cb

It is a very fine malt whisky

One that will struggle with tariffs in the bxstard Brexit that so many hibees seem to be in love with.

Keith_M
18-10-2019, 02:43 PM
It is a very fine malt whisky

One that will struggle with tariffs in the bxstard Brexit that so many hibees seem to be in love with.

Jack Ross voted for Brexit

:wink: