PDA

View Full Version : Sky sports news .. breaking news update feed

KSA Hibee
10-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Just home and see on sky sports news

“Hibernian Manager Paul Heckingbottom....... “

“Has been banned for 3 matches”

Jesus ... never I have I been so disappointed seeing a headline bout the cabbage ...

Was hoping to see headlines declaring “ has resigned “ ... “Been sacked “ ... “outed as a fraud” ... “ realises he hasn’t a clue what a high pressing game” means

Ach well can hope and dream one day soon 🙄😢

GGTTH

hibbysam
10-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Great thread, thanks for sharing 🙌🏽

StevesFamau5
10-10-2019, 08:07 PM
You must be fun at parties? [emoji849]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

DarlingtonHibee
10-10-2019, 09:07 PM

Jesus ... never I have I been so disappointed seeing a headline bout the cabbage ...

Was hoping to see headlines declaring “ has resigned “ ... “Been sacked “ ... “outed as a fraud” ... “ realises he hasn’t a clue what a high pressing game” means

GGTTH

Ffs...

H18 SFR
10-10-2019, 09:09 PM

GGTTH

Interesting observations.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-10-2019, 09:52 PM
kSA Moves in mysterious ways. ;)

Since452
11-10-2019, 05:17 AM

GGTTH

You do that. I'll hope he stays

heretoday
11-10-2019, 05:19 AM

Hear hear! We've had enough managerial merry-go-round. Some folk seem to love getting a new coach every so often.

The Spaceman
11-10-2019, 06:06 AM

GGTTH

10/10 content.
10/10 banter.
10/10 would read again.

Steve20
11-10-2019, 06:09 AM

Wow. One win against St Mirren must be the new acceptable for some.

Standards dropping each week. People even happy on here to draw 1-1 against ten men last week after being a goal up.

He’s hopeless and needs emptied right now.

The Leith Dutch
11-10-2019, 06:33 AM

While we don't need another thread on this and the last three matches have been an improvement to some extent I'm surprised anyone would *want* him to stay.

lyonhibs
11-10-2019, 06:43 AM

GGTTH

A quite groundbreaking contribution to the .Net tome.

SickBoy32
11-10-2019, 06:46 AM

Standards dropping each week. People even happy on here to draw 1-1 against ten men last week after being a goal up.

Spot on. After the last few years, i find it totally bizarre that some are happy to accept the rapid decline.

He's wasted the budget on dross, killed the momentum, split the fanbase - i really struggle to see a case for the defence.

We were on 11pts at this stage under Fenlon. Fenlon resigned with 15pts, after the first round of fixtures. 15pts is the MAXIMUM we can have after the first round, and I do not see us winning 3 on the bounce.

Unfortunately unlike Fenlon, PH does not have the decency to resign, his quote, managers contract only being worth the severance package etc - reflecting pretty poorly on him.

After a hugely successful period for the club, some folk are kidding themselves on that PH is capable of turning this round.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 06:48 AM

Standards are definitely not dropping each week, that’s absolute nonsense. The last three games have all been an improvement on previous games both results wise and performance wise (the last 2 games performance wise anyway).

People are happy with a draw against ten men because we played well and regardless of 10 men or not, a draw at Pittodrie is a pretty decent result.

I presume nobody has an issue with the result at Ibrox anymore as we were down to 10 men that day and it would seem that any team that’s down to 10 men is fair game for a skelping the way folk are making out like there’s no excuses for not tanking a team who have had a men sent off. I mean Aberdeen have a budget that dwarves ours and were at home, we were away to a team with a budget that dwarfs ours and Aberdeen’s combined.. would stand to reason then that a demolishing was on the cards surely?

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 06:50 AM
Spot on. After the last few years, i find it totally bizarre that some are happy to accept the rapid decline.

He's wasted the budget on dross, killed the momentum, split the fanbase - i really struggle to see a case for the defence.

We were on 11pts at this stage under Fenlon. Fenlon resigned with 15pts, after the first round of fixtures. 15pts is the MAXIMUM we can have after the first round, and I do not see us winning 3 on the bounce.

Unfortunately unlike Fenlon, PH does not have the decency to resign, his quote, managers contract only being worth the severance package etc - reflecting pretty poorly on him.

After a hugely successful period for the club, some folk are kidding themselves on that PH is capable of turning this round.

Where did he say this about the severance package? Genuinely never read that before.

ian cruise
11-10-2019, 06:58 AM
Where did he say this about the severance package? Genuinely never read that before.

He said words to that effect in an interview but it's being taken out of context, he was stating that the three year contract means nothing in this day and age as he could be paid off at any time. Must have been a pre match interview as I can't find it online right now.

BoomtownHibees
11-10-2019, 07:01 AM
He said words to that effect in an interview but it's being taken out of context, he was stating that the three year contract means nothing in this day and age as he could be paid off at any time. Must have been a pre match interview as I can't find it online right now.

Was it not said as part of the news article from the time he was at Leeds?

Gloucester Hibs
11-10-2019, 07:08 AM

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-and-paul-heckingbottom-relationship-which-never-caught-fire-584888

SMAXXA
11-10-2019, 07:14 AM

Why should he have the decency to resign that’s just a crazy comment. If he believes he can turn it around why would he, and wether they are big enough strides for some the last 3 game have shown an improvement. I wouldn’t walk away if I thought that and it’s my livelihood on top.

The Leith Dutch
11-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Standards are definitely not dropping each week, that’s absolute nonsense. The last three games have all been an improvement on previous games both results wise and performance wise (the last 2 games performance wise anyway).

People are happy with a draw against ten men because we played well and regardless of 10 men or not, a draw at Pittodrie is a pretty decent result.

I presume nobody has an issue with the result at Ibrox anymore as we were down to 10 men that day and it would seem that any team that’s down to 10 men is fair game for a skelping the way folk are making out like there’s no excuses for not tanking a team who have had a men sent off. I mean Aberdeen have a budget that dwarves ours and were at home, we were away to a team with a budget that dwarfs ours and Aberdeen’s combined.. would stand to reason then that a demolishing was on the cards surely?

It's a fair point that people shouldn't claim that there's been no improvement when there has but things on here are even more black and white than normal on here.

There's also the fact that it's a small improvement from a very bad place.

The Killie game was a poor game where we did what we had to and as that's a cup game it's a pass.
Games against Celtic I tend not to expect much (although I had higher hopes under NL) so a point is decent.
Aberdeen right now are as poor as I've seen them for a bit. A draw would normally be a good result against them but probably drops to decent given their current form and the fact we were ahead against 10 men.

So yes, improvement but only to the extent that in my book he gets just enough credit to merit another games in charge (though that is largely because changing managers is a pain in the arse and I'm fair minded enough to say that if we didn't fire him when the results were utter dog s**te then it sits oddly firing him after better ones).

His problem now is that the next few games there's no credit to be had for draws, losses or terrible performances.
Three teams above us that, with our budget we should be beating. I'd be amazed if we win all three and if he doesn't win at least one he's surely gone.
The fact that I'm even saying "win at least one" reflects on how unlikely I think it is that the board will take action because that should be a minimum of 7 points or bye-bye.

I'll be honest - the very best I think he's capable of is turning us into mid table plodders who flirt with the top 6 and that's nowhere near good enough.
And if he doesn't turn it around then relegation is a very real fear.

Regardless of the last few results I think that since the St Johnstone game in late August it's just been a matter of when he leaves the club and how it happens. And it'll be this year.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 07:29 AM
It's a fair point that people shouldn't claim that there's been no improvement when there has but things on here are even more black and white than normal on here.

There's also the fact that it's a small improvement from a very bad place.

The Killie game was a poor game where we did what we had to and as that's a cup game it's a pass.
Games against Celtic I tend not to expect much (although I had higher hopes under NL) so a point is decent.
Aberdeen right now are as poor as I've seen them for a bit. A draw would normally be a good result against them but probably drops to decent given their current form and the fact we were ahead against 10 men.

So yes, improvement but only to the extent that in my book he gets just enough credit to merit another games in charge (though that is largely because changing managers is a pain in the arse and I'm fair minded enough to say that if we didn't fire him when the results were utter dog s**te then it sits oddly firing him after better ones).

His problem now is that the next few games there's no credit to be had for draws, losses or terrible performances.
Three teams above us that, with our budget we should be beating. I'd be amazed if we win all three and if he doesn't win at least one he's surely gone.
The fact that I'm even saying "win at least one" reflects on how unlikely I think it is that the board will take action because that should be a minimum of 7 points or bye-bye.

I'll be honest - the very best I think he's capable of is turning us into mid table plodders who flirt with the top 6 and that's nowhere near good enough.
And if he doesn't turn it around then relegation is a very real fear.

Regardless of the last few results I think that since the St Johnstone game in late August it's just been a matter of when he leaves the club and how it happens. And it'll be this year.

Can’t disagree with much of that at all. I’m not saying any of the results from the last three games were absolutely outstanding but they were all decent - good imo. They’ve set him up for a crack at 3 winnable games where imo we need at least 7 points. If he can get that then I reckon the noose should be loosened for a wee bit and see how we go (unless we quite clearly fall into the sort of performances and results from the start of the season after the next three).

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 07:35 AM
While we don't need another thread on this and the last three matches have been an improvement to some extent I'm surprised anyone would *want* him to stay.

Some people like relegation battles.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 07:36 AM
Some people like relegation battles.

Is this the folk that are desperate to see us fail every week so they can come on here and say I told you so?

green with envy
11-10-2019, 07:49 AM

Not sure what you were watching but the feeling with my crowd on the way to the pub after the game suggested that we didn't at all play well and at the end were hanging on for a point against their 10 men.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 07:56 AM
Not sure what you were watching but the feeling with my crowd on the way to the pub after the game suggested that we didn't at all play well and at the end were hanging on for a point against their 10 men.

We didn’t at all play well? Do you think we played decent? Or badly?

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 07:56 AM
Is this the folk that are desperate to see us fail every week so they can come on here and say I told you so?

No it’s the people backing a coach who is taking us there and try backing him up with the most absolute of straw clutching because they don’t want to admit they’ve backed a plumb.

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 07:57 AM

It was a poor result and we didn’t see out win against ten men. How can that be described as played well?

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 07:58 AM
No it’s the people backing a coach who is taking us there and try backing him up with the most absolute of straw clutching because they don’t want to admit they’ve backed a plumb.

Ah ok. I’d say it’s more the folk who want us to lose games to see the manager sacked. We’ll agree to disagree :aok:

B.H.F.C
11-10-2019, 07:58 AM

You’re wasting your time. Some folk have taken a position and ain’t budging from it, which is up to them of course. Even if current form is relegation form.

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 08:00 AM
Ah ok. I’d say it’s more the folk who want us to lose games to see the manager sacked. We’ll agree to disagree :aok:

Nobody wants us to lose games. In fact you seem content with drawing games where most of us want us to start actually winning a game of football. 👍

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 08:01 AM
You’re wasting your time. Some folk have taken a position and ain’t budging from it, which is up to them of course. Even if current form is relegation form.

Like I said, it can only be because they don’t want to admit they’ve backed a donkey.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 08:04 AM
It was a poor result and we didn’t see out win against ten men. How can that be described as played well?

It’s a poor result because you want to stick the boot in. A draw at Pittodrie isn’t a poor result unless you’re Celtic or Rangers and even then it’s not the end of the world.

You’ve never heard of a team playing well, being in the lead and drawing a game? You’re really hanging onto this ten man thing, where was the leeway for our skelping at Ibrox when we had 10 men? I mean playing against ten men seems to be a right of passage for a comfortable win away from home against a team with a budget that blows yours out the water.. so I can only imagine how forgiven you were when we got beat away from home with ten men against a team who’s budget is about ten times ours?

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 08:06 AM
Nobody wants us to lose games. In fact you seem content with drawing games where most of us want us to start actually winning a game of football. 👍

Nobody wants to be in a relegation battle as you’re suggesting.

I’m content with progress in the cup - whether you win or draw that game it’s all the same as long as you progress, a draw at home to the champions and a draw away to Aberdeen - all difficult games. You’ll find I’ve said numerous times I reckon we need 7 points from the next 9.

green with envy
11-10-2019, 08:16 AM

I think we were slightly better than our games pre Killie in the cup, but we were playing against a not so very good Aberdeen team. The team still lacks ideas in how to hold on to a lead and that is even more worrying when you are playing against 10 men.

Brightside
11-10-2019, 08:17 AM

We played well in that game and chucked it at the end. But we did play well as per every single report of the game.

B.H.F.C
11-10-2019, 08:29 AM
I think we were slightly better than our games pre Killie in the cup, but we were playing against a not so very good Aberdeen team. The team still lacks ideas in how to hold on to a lead and that is even more worrying when you are playing against 10 men.

We’ve thrown some amount of points away from winning positions.
St Johnstone, Hearts, Celtic and Aberdeen.

Twice against a team bottom of the league at the time of playing. Once against ten men. All due to late goals. Mainly due to an inability to stop or defend crosses.

Probably wouldn’t class Celtic as throwing points away.

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 08:38 AM
It’s a poor result because you want to stick the boot in. A draw at Pittodrie isn’t a poor result unless you’re Celtic or Rangers and even then it’s not the end of the world.

You’ve never heard of a team playing well, being in the lead and drawing a game? You’re really hanging onto this ten man thing, where was the leeway for our skelping at Ibrox when we had 10 men? I mean playing against ten men seems to be a right of passage for a comfortable win away from home against a team with a budget that blows yours out the water.. so I can only imagine how forgiven you were when we got beat away from home with ten men against a team who’s budget is about ten times ours?

I’ve heard a team of being in the lead and throwing away a game plenty, be it against Stirling Albion, St Johnstone (bottom) Aberdeen (ten men) Hearts (worst hearts team in 45 years we lost to) and two up against Morton then up again and losing a last minute goal. Aberdeen shambles in isolation doesn’t look that terrible but mixed in with the rest is shocking.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 08:46 AM
I’ve heard a team of being in the lead and throwing away a game plenty, be it against Stirling Albion, St Johnstone (bottom) Aberdeen (ten men) Hearts (worst hearts team in 45 years we lost to) and two up against Morton then up again and losing a last minute goal. Aberdeen shambles in isolation doesn’t look that terrible but mixed in with the rest is shocking.

Did you think we played well in they games? Because that was your question, how can throwing away a lead be described as playing well, or something along those lines, so I’m not sure why they games are relevant? :confused:

You can play well and throw away a lead. It’s a thing. Playing well, being in the lead and losing a late goal to draw aren’t mutually exclusive. They can all happen in one game. As they did at Aberdeen.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 08:48 AM
10/10 content.
10/10 banter.
10/10 would read again.

tl:dr

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 08:57 AM

Who is that?

I keep seeing posts refering to those people, but I've never seen one for myself.

Are they like leprechauns?

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 09:00 AM

Normally I'd have enjoyed pulling you up for that, but I agree, he is at the end of a line.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 09:02 AM
Who is that?

I keep seeing posts refering to those people, but I've never seen one for myself.

Are they like leprechauns?

It was more of a response to the idea that some folk enjoy us being in a relegation battle which blatantly isn’t the case either.

I’ll admit I’ve suggested some folk want us to get beat previously, but other than a couple who have declared that to be the case I can admit it’s not the case for everyone else and that we all want Hibs to do well.

Since452
11-10-2019, 09:11 AM
It was more of a response to the idea that some folk enjoy us being in a relegation battle which blatantly isn’t the case either.

I’ll admit I’ve suggested some folk want us to get beat previously, but other than a couple who have declared that to be the case I can admit it’s not the case for everyone else and that we all want Hibs to do well.

Debatable. The Aberdeen game was a prime example. You could tell there were certain posters just waiting for us to slip up to so they could lay in to the manager. Instead of a defeat to moan about which they all predicted it was the loss of a late goal. Threads about getting the imposter out our club etc. Cringeworthy stuff. No positives about dominating for 80 minutes and creating numerous chances. If we'd won 4-0 like we should have there would have been a few on here gutted and I'll stand by that thought.

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 09:14 AM
Normally I'd have enjoyed pulling you up for that, but I agree, he is at the end of a line.

You know it’s bad when it’s gotten to that stage :greengrin

Fuzzywuzzy
11-10-2019, 09:15 AM
Was it not reported that he's an outsider for the Barnsley job? You would think he'd be happy to take that to be closer to family

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/barnsley

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 09:15 AM
You know it’s bad when it’s gotten to that stage :greengrin

"Gotten" :bitchy:

TrinityHibs
11-10-2019, 09:42 AM

I did like that one

makaveli1875
11-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Debatable. The Aberdeen game was a prime example. You could tell there were certain posters just waiting for us to slip up to so they could lay in to the manager. Instead of a defeat to moan about which they all predicted it was the loss of a late goal. Threads about getting the imposter out our club etc. Cringeworthy stuff. No positives about dominating for 80 minutes and creating numerous chances. If we'd won 4-0 like we should have there would have been a few on here gutted and I'll stand by that thought.

We all wanted to win at Pittodrie , it was handed to us on a ******g plate and still we come away with 1 point

green with envy
11-10-2019, 10:14 AM
We all wanted to win at Pittodrie , it was handed to us on a ******g plate and still we come away with 1 point

Exactly!

J-C
11-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Nonsense.

The majority would love nothing better than to win some games and climb the league.

Poor recruitment, poor negative tactics, poor game management and subs, inability to drop players off form and alienating up and coming youngsters by punting on loan or no quoting them.

Forget Celtic as it was an unexpected point, losing a lead agame to Hearts, zero shots on target at Killie and losing a lead due to poor subs at Aberdeen.

A sharp upturn is needed to bring people back on his side.

FilipinoHibs
11-10-2019, 11:36 AM
After last 3 results will be here to Christmas at least. So best leave he must go and get behind team and him. See how he does and board will decide what to do with him.

WeeRussell
11-10-2019, 12:02 PM

I've read your second paragraph 4 or 5 times now and really struggling to work out what your point is? We got a hammering which we deserved when we went down to 10 men at Ibrox. We failed to hold on to a lead when playing against ten men at Pittodrie.

lyonhibs
11-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Nonsense.

The majority would love nothing better than to win some games and climb the league.

Poor recruitment, poor negative tactics, poor game management and subs, inability to drop players off form and alienating up and coming youngsters by punting on loan or no quoting them.

Forget Celtic as it was an unexpected point, losing a lead agame to Hearts, zero shots on target at Killie and losing a lead due to poor subs at Aberdeen.

A sharp upturn is needed to bring people back on his side.

I'm very much on the side of "he's got to go" but you can't just say "forget Celtic" because it doesn't suit your argument. That was a gritty, determined performance that exactly nobody was expecting. A pleasant surprise in a sea of mediocrity, but should be acknowledged as a good performance

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 12:19 PM
I've read your second paragraph 4 or 5 times now and really struggling to work out what your point is? We got a hammering which we deserved when we went down to 10 men at Ibrox. We failed to hold on to a lead when playing against ten men at Pittodrie.

We played Aberdeen away from home. A team with a significantly bigger budget than us. Apparently there’s no excuses for not beating them as they were down to 10 men.

We played Rangers away from home. Comparatively with the above hugely more difficult tie for the ten men of Hibs than the ten men of Aberdeen had against Hibs. It would stand to reason then that if there’s no excuses for Hibs not beating Aberdeen who had 10 men at Pittodrie that there would be no issue when Rangers tanked us with 10 men away at Ibrox. Because teams with ten men are cannon fodder from the way some are banging on about the fact Aberdeen had 10.

WeeRussell
11-10-2019, 12:29 PM
We played Aberdeen away from home. A team with a significantly bigger budget than us. Apparently there’s no excuses for not beating them as they were down to 10 men.

We played Rangers away from home. Comparatively with the above hugely more difficult tie for the ten men of Hibs than the ten men of Aberdeen had against Hibs. It would stand to reason then that if there’s no excuses for Hibs not beating Aberdeen who had 10 men at Pittodrie that there would be no issue when Rangers tanked us with 10 men away at Ibrox. Because teams with ten men are cannon fodder from the way some are banging on about the fact Aberdeen had 10.

Okay - thanks for taking the time to reply.

Do you not agree that we should have seen the game out against Aberdeen when in front against ten men?

I don't think anyone expected to get a result at Ibrox, but the complete thumping we took (even with ten men for a large part) was disappointing for some. I was actually particularly displeased at our lad for the very daft second booking he took.

But no - I don't think it is any surprise whatsoever that we lost comfortably with ten men when already a goal down to Rangers at Ibrox.

J-C
11-10-2019, 12:38 PM
I'm very much on the side of "he's got to go" but you can't just say "forget Celtic" because it doesn't suit your argument. That was a gritty, determined performance that exactly nobody was expecting. A pleasant surprise in a sea of mediocrity, but should be acknowledged as a good performance

Grittier performance and a bit of luck with the goal, under the cosh for most of the 2nd half, happy with a point, not a great performance bit a bit more fight.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 01:08 PM
Okay - thanks for taking the time to reply.

Do you not agree that we should have seen the game out against Aberdeen when in front against ten men?

I don't think anyone expected to get a result at Ibrox, but the complete thumping we took (even with ten men for a large part) was disappointing for some. I was actually particularly displeased at our lad for the very daft second booking he took.

But no - I don't think it is any surprise whatsoever that we lost comfortably with ten men when already a goal down to Rangers at Ibrox.

I don’t agree that we should have as if it’s inconceivable that you concede with a man advantage. Based on the fact we were the better team and a man up then I would have liked to have seen us see the game out, of course.

I’m not justifying the Rangers result btw. But the logic that’s being applied to the Aberdeen result due to the sending off certainly wasn’t applied to the Rangers result with our sending off.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 01:13 PM
I don’t agree that we should have as if it’s inconceivable that you concede with a man advantage. Based on the fact we were the better team and a man up then I would have liked to have seen us see the game out, of course.

I’m not justifying the Rangers result btw. But the logic that’s being applied to the Aberdeen result due to the sending off certainly wasn’t applied to the Rangers result with our sending off.

I don't understand your point.

We went down to 10 men and, understandably, we got hammered.

Aberdeen went down to 10 men, scored and got a point.

What bit of that is a defence of Hibs?

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 01:14 PM

How’s it not?

We go down to ten men, poor game management coupled with Rangers’ perfect game management = humiliation.

Aberdeen down to ten men, shocking game management in the subs, like the derby = piss poor draw.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 01:46 PM
I don't understand your point.

We went down to 10 men and, understandably, we got hammered.

Aberdeen went down to 10 men, scored and got a point.

What bit of that is a defence of Hibs?

We went down to ten against Rangers and got beat. Everyone lost their **** as if Rangers shouldn’t have been allowed to comfortably see off 10 man Hibs at Ibrox.

Aberdeen went down to ten men at Pittodrie and according to some we should be comfortably seeing them off, because they had 10 men. If we should have been comfortably seeing off ten man Aberdeen away from home then surely Rangers should have been comfortably seeing us off and then some?

SRHibs
11-10-2019, 01:50 PM

God, stop putting words in peoples' mouths. I hate this rampant "anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot" attitude on here, too.

Some people think Hecky's chat is baseless rhetoric that he can't back up, whereas others are trying to have a little bit of faith. I'm not positive he's going to succeed, but I do think we are beginning to turn a corner, and I think he should at least be given a chance to try and improve things. The past 3 games, where he's put faith in his own signings, have shown an improvement.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 01:51 PM
We went down to ten against Rangers and got beat. Everyone lost their **** as if Rangers shouldn’t have been allowed to comfortably see off 10 man Hibs at Ibrox.

Aberdeen went down to ten men at Pittodrie and according to some we should be comfortably seeing them off, because they had 10 men. If we should have been comfortably seeing off ten man Aberdeen away from home then surely Rangers should have been comfortably seeing us off and then some?

So what?

We should have held out against Aberdeen, at the very least, regardless of what folk said after we were humiliated by Sevco.

Oh, and by the way, one of the reasons people were so angry about it is because once we went down to 10 men, Heckingbottom took off a midfielder and put on a striker!

What an absolute, weapons grade arse.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 01:54 PM
So what?

We should have held out against Aberdeen, at the very least, regardless of what folk said after we were humiliated by Sevco.

Oh, and by the way, one of the reasons people were so angry about it is because once we went down to 10 men, Heckingbottom took off a midfielder and put on a striker!

What an absolute, weapons grade arse.

Who? :faf:

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 01:55 PM
Who? :faf:

?

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 02:02 PM
?

An absolute weapons grade arse..

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 02:04 PM
An absolute weapons grade arse..

I was referring to Paul Heckingbottom.

But I see what you mean. There were options.

WhileTheChief..
11-10-2019, 02:06 PM
:top marks:thumbsup:

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 02:07 PM

A weapons grade arse because he made a sub you don’t agree with? :faf: another poster with an irrational hatred of PH.

As for your final sentence, keyboard hard man who wouldn’t dare speak to folk in real life as you do on here.

J-C
11-10-2019, 02:12 PM
A weapons grade arse because he made a sub you don’t agree with? :faf: another poster with an irrational hatred of PH.

As for your final sentence, keyboard hard man who wouldn’t dare speak to folk in real life as you do on here.

No because he made a sub that cost us all 3 points, he's not the only poster that complained about the subs that game, very poor game management.

His last sentence was tongue in cheek.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 02:17 PM
No because he made a sub that cost us all 3 points, he's not the only poster that complained about the subs that game, very poor game management.

His subs didn’t cost us 3 points. We were already a man and at least a goal down, possibly more? I can’t remember what time he made the subs.

As for his last sentence, it’s not the first time, or else I’d agree it was possibly tongue in cheek.

J-C
11-10-2019, 02:23 PM
His subs at Ibrox didn’t cost us 3 points. We were already a man and at least a goal down, possibly more? I can’t remember what time he made the subs.

As for his last sentence, it’s not the first time, or else I’d agree it was possibly tongue in cheek.

Against Rangers took off a midfielder and put on a striker, therein they overran us and blew us away. Aberdeen he took off our best defensive midfielder and put on Newell allowing Aberdeen back into it.

It was plainly obvious he was talking about Heckingbottom but you assumed it was aimed at you and when you pointed it out he made a wee quip.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Against Rangers took off a midfielder and put on a striker, therein they overran us and blew us away. Aberdeen he took off our best defensive midfielder and put on Newell allowing Aberdeen back into it.

It was plainly obvious he was talking about Heckingbottom but you assumed it was aimed at you and when you pointed it out he made a wee quip.

I genuinely didn’t think it was plainly obvious it was aimed at PH purely because it seems a ridiculous way to describe the manager of our club.

mcfly
11-10-2019, 02:25 PM
His subs didn’t cost us 3 points. We were already a man and at least a goal down, possibly more? I can’t remember what time he made the subs.

Your backing of Hecky is admirable but the facts don’t lie.

His points tally since last years split is shocking
His style of football is boring
His signings so far have been poor and are worse than the players he released
The fans aren’t happy and want change.

Crowds are dropping and will continue to do so whilst he is in charge

The Leith Dutch
11-10-2019, 02:26 PM

The substitution is an odd one and a lot of folk thought it was. As for the dislike of PH it's hardly irrational.... He had, from all accounts, a good budget used it to sign his own team and we're currently third bottom playing fairly honking football.

You make plenty good points but the agenda you're seeing against PH is a great deal of his own making.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Your backing of Hecky is admirable but the facts don’t lie.

His points tally since last years split is shocking
His style of football is boring
His signings so far have been poor and are worse than the players he released
The fans aren’t happy and want change.

Crowds are dropping and will continue to do so whilst he is in charge

Just because you think the signings he has made have been poor it doesn’t make it a fact..

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 02:29 PM
The substitution is an odd one and a lot of folk thought it was. As for the dislike of PH it's hardly irrational.... He had, from all accounts, a good budget used it to sign his own team and we're currently third bottom playing fairly honking football.

You make plenty good points but the agenda you're seeing against PH is a great deal of his own making.

To think the guy is a “weapons grade arse” because in your opinion he’s not doing a great job is irrational to me. I don’t think Joe Newell has been a good signing, I don’t think he’s a weapons grade arse because of it though, he’s just not very good. It’s personal with some folk when it comes to PH, there’s no doubt about that.

SRHibs
11-10-2019, 02:29 PM

We were 2-0 down and the second striker was clearly a Hail Mary. Putting a defensive player on would've been nothing but damage limitation, which in hindsight may have been better.

As for Aberdeen, Hallberg was injured. Probably wanted us to have a bit more composure on the ball so stuck Newell on. It didn't work, and we looked nervy. Understandable considering our recent form though, but I feel like we just need a win for us to properly turn the corner. That will come vs Hamilton next week.

SRHibs
11-10-2019, 02:31 PM
To think the guy is a “weapons grade arse” because in your opinion he’s not doing a great job is irrational to me. I don’t think Joe Newell has been a good signing, I don’t think he’s a weapons grade arse. It’s personal with some folk when it comes to PH.

Na mate, he's an idiotic, weapons grade arse with no decency. He's also a clown. Oh, and an imposter.

SickBoy32
11-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Just because you think the signings he has made have been poor it doesn’t make it a fact..

The results and performances suggest McFly is right.

Out of interest, which of his signings have improved us in your eyes?

mcfly

You are delusional - look at the points tally

He’s driving fans away.

You have to look at the bigger picture - we have gone backwards under Heckingbottom

HoboHarry
Na mate, he's an idiotic, weapons grade arse with no decency. He's also a clown. Oh, and an imposter.
It's always nice when the intelligentsia arrive......

SRHibs
11-10-2019, 02:37 PM
It's always nice when the intelligentsia arrive......

Yup, welcome to the thread!

SickBoy32
11-10-2019, 02:39 PM
Question for the Hecky Loyal brigade:

What exactly is he good at?

Eye for a player? Motivator? Tactician? Developing youth?

BoomtownHibees
11-10-2019, 02:43 PM
We were 2-0 down and the second striker was clearly a Hail Mary. Putting a defensive player on would've been nothing but damage limitation, which in hindsight may have been better.

As for Aberdeen, Hallberg was injured. Probably wanted us to have a bit more composure on the ball so stuck Newell on. It didn't work, and we looked nervy. Understandable considering our recent form though, but I feel like we just need a win for us to properly turn the corner. That will come vs Hamilton next week.

We were 2-1 down when he made the change

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Question for the Hecky Loyal brigade:

What exactly is he good at?

Eye for a player? Motivator? Tactician? Developing youth?

Maxwell, James, Hallberg, Jackson all get pass marks from me so far. He’s public enemy number one just now but I reckon Doidge will come good.

As for motivator, the players quite like him. Other than that I’ve no idea if he’s a good motivator, I’ve never worked under him.

Tactician - he had the same players as NL had and massively improved us last season results wise, so either his tactics or motivational skills must have helped there

Developing youth - I’m sure folk said he was meant to have done well at that before? He’s not been here particularly long to make that much of a comment on that front though as that’s not something that happens overnight.

SRHibs
11-10-2019, 02:51 PM
We were 2-1 down when he made the change

Fair.

mcfly
11-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Maxwell, James, Hallberg, Jackson all get pass marks from me so far. He’s public enemy number one just now but I reckon Doidge will come good.

As for motivator, the players quite like him. Other than that I’ve no idea if he’s a good motivator, I’ve never worked under him.

Tactician - he had the same players as NL had and massively improved us last season results wise, so either his tactics or motivational skills must have helped there

Developing youth - I’m sure folk said he was meant to have done well at that before? He’s not been here particularly long to make that much of a comment on that front though as that’s not something that happens overnight.

Dunno how James and Jackson get pass marks

He doesn’t play Jackson and James has been injured.

Are you Hecky by any chance ? 🤣🤣

B.H.F.C
11-10-2019, 02:58 PM

He had the benefit of Omeonga and McNulty. Two players that significantly improved us. His players being significant downgrades.

calumhibee1
11-10-2019, 03:03 PM

Jackson has played 9 games? James has played 7. Both have looked pretty decent from the games they’ve played imo.

angus hibby
11-10-2019, 03:04 PM

If “he doesn’t play Jackson and James has been injured”, it must be wrong to right them off as duds as well then?

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 03:05 PM
God, stop putting words in peoples' mouths. I hate this rampant "anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot" attitude on here, too.

Some people think Hecky's chat is baseless rhetoric that he can't back up, whereas others are trying to have a little bit of faith. I'm not positive he's going to succeed, but I do think we are beginning to turn a corner, and I think he should at least be given a chance to try and improve things. The past 3 games, where he's put faith in his own signings, have shown an improvement.

Ive never once said anyone was an idiot either we agree about the head coach or otherwise. Sorry if my post came across that way.

I don’t agree with any of your opinion though by the way 😉

SickBoy32
11-10-2019, 03:05 PM

I don't think any of his signings are an improvement on last season to be honest, although I haven't seen much of Hallberg yet.

I think the results in big games speak for themselves in terms of motivator.

Massively improved us? Come on man, steadied the ship aye - nothing more.

In terms of youth I wasn't meaning the 17s - his treatment of Shaw and Murray makes it clear he has no interest in developing youth IMO.

Sooner this is wrapped up, sooner we can move on.

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 03:06 PM

😂😂😂😂

SickBoy32
11-10-2019, 03:07 PM
Jackson has played 9 games? James has played 7. Both have looked pretty decent from the games they’ve played imo.

Jackson had his very own Hand of God at Fir Park, and has bagged an OG or 2 already - a very poor mans Daz.

James arrived from a team who finished at the bottom of the football league - it shows.

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 03:07 PM

Both are playing for a side won once since the first game of the season and sit third bottom. What a complete success story.

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Its amazing how many players we've signed that have made us better, yet here we are sitting 3rd bottom?

I cant wait until we sign even better players in January, we might even force our way up to the giddy heights of 7th.

B.H.F.C
11-10-2019, 03:10 PM
James arrived from a team who finished at the bottom of the football league - it shows.

We’ve been better since James came back. Wasn’t convinced before his injury but there is potential for him to be a good player for us.

SickBoy32
11-10-2019, 03:16 PM
We’ve been better since James came back. Wasn’t convinced before his injury but there is potential for him to be a good player for us.

Hope so as we need a long-term replacement for SDG, jury well and truly out for me though.

Allant1981
11-10-2019, 03:29 PM
Hope so as we need a long-term replacement for SDG, jury well and truly out for me though.

This is going to be the problem though, the guys coming in will now always be compared to players from the cup win, which is unfair on them as we will be unlikely to see players as good as mcginn at the club for a long time unless the new owner decides he really needs to splash the cash

Smartie
11-10-2019, 04:02 PM

I'm torn on him.

The signings - some of them are already pretty decent, some more will probably come good.

Tactics - He did very well with Lennon's players (plus, significantly, Omeonga and McNulty). Kept the same team, played them every week, picked up lots of points and the football was decent. They simply weren't good enough against the better teams though. He's wedded to ideas like "back 4 every game at all costs" which I don't really like, especially when it looks like a good few of our players would be more comfortable in a 352.

I think he might have tried to make too many changes - lots of signings, lots of departures, he almost lost track of the departures and didn't bring in enough replace the departures.

The biggest question marks are about the players we don't have - we don't have enough midfielders who can run and tackle, we don't have enough depth up front to give us different ways to play with options off the bench. Whether this is his doing or "budget issues" are open to debate.

I think we have some quality players, many more decent ones, some glaring deficiencies and tactics and players that don't necessarily tally up. That's why we're in a poor position. I think the players are playing for him and every single player we have (even Newell) might thrive in the right circumstances. Popular opinion seems against him though, and that is difficult to turn around.

Smartie
11-10-2019, 04:10 PM
This is going to be the problem though, the guys coming in will now always be compared to players from the cup win, which is unfair on them as we will be unlikely to see players as good as mcginn at the club for a long time unless the new owner decides he really needs to splash the cash

McGinn wasn't really a signing from somewhere that should be out of reach for us.

If an U21 international is leaving St Mirren on a free, I'd like to think that if we've scouted him and established that he's the right man for us then we'd be able to find the money.

We didn't spend millions on a speculative punt on either an unknown foreigner or an underperformed from a big club. His was a well thought out signing, the type we seemed to make a lot of around that time (for whatever reason).

Whatever we were doing around that time is what we should be trying to recreate. So often in our history we've gone to pieces losing a player like Scott Allan - at that time we improved. We MUST do better at replacing our departing good players in future.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 04:19 PM

What are you on about? :faf:

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 04:20 PM

I thought it was obvious.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 04:20 PM

What are you on about again?

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 04:24 PM
To think the guy is a “weapons grade arse” because in your opinion he’s not doing a great job is irrational to me. I don’t think Joe Newell has been a good signing, I don’t think he’s a weapons grade arse because of it though, he’s just not very good. It’s personal with some folk when it comes to PH, there’s no doubt about that.

I do think he's an arse. It was a ridiculous substitution and it was his fault we were humiliated.

Aberdeen's manager didn't make a ridiculous substitution and because of that, and our manager's incompetence, they secured a point when we should have won.

WhileTheChief..
11-10-2019, 04:27 PM

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Pity no one at the club realises this.

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Would you two get a room. :faf:

FWIW i also think he's a grade A arse.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 04:31 PM
Would you two get a room. :faf:

FWIW i also think he's a grade A arse.

Are you out of the room now?

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2019, 04:35 PM
Are you out of the room now?

I'm hiding in the wardrobe Dave. :wink:

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 04:39 PM
I'm hiding in the wardrobe Dave. :wink:

You've plenty experience of that, right enough. :tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2019, 08:11 PM
You've plenty experience of that, right enough. :tee hee:

I did have around 20 odd wardrobes back then. :wink:

Hibbyradge
11-10-2019, 08:12 PM
I did have around 20 odd wardrobes back then. :wink:

:hilarious

The Leith Dutch
12-10-2019, 08:46 AM

Much as I don't want PH at the club any more I agree that we should stop short of the the insulting or personal abuse directed at him - I'm perfectly sure he's trying to win games and tried to sign good players. That said, it's rude and insulting rather than irrational.

tamig
12-10-2019, 11:01 AM
Much as I don't want PH at the club any more I agree that we should stop short of the the insulting or personal abuse directed at him - I'm perfectly sure he's trying to win games and tried to sign good players. That said, it's rude and insulting rather than irrational.

A few weeks back I had turned and wanted him out. I have seen signs of a change the past few games though and now hoping he can recover and turn it round. I still don’t think it will end well and it really is frustrating seeing him continue to make crazy substitutions at critical times in games. It looks like basic stuff that no competent manager should be getting so wrong. In saying all that I agree that the insults are uncalled for. Just poor human behaviour imo. Very poor indeed and lacks decency.

Hibbyradge
12-10-2019, 01:50 PM
In my opinion, Heckingbottom is an incompetent coach who makes inexplicable decisions before and during games and has a totally negative outlook regarding the way his teams play.

He says things like "High press", "unknown fitness levels" and "bringing youth through" yet does the exact opposite.

He should not have been recruited by Hibernian and after we sack him, he will struggle to get a job managing a non league team, never mind a major club.

Is saying all that better than taking the quick route and calling him an arse?

ancient hibee
12-10-2019, 02:55 PM
In my opinion, Heckingbottom is an incompetent coach who makes inexplicable decisions before and during games and has a totally negative outlook regarding the way his teams play.

He says things like "High press", "unknown fitness levels" and "bringing youth through" yet does the exact opposite.

He should not have been recruited by Hibernian and after we sack him, he will struggle to get a job managing a non league team, never mind a major club.

Yes.

Allant1981
12-10-2019, 04:58 PM

How do you know he is an incompetent coach? Have you sat in on one of his coaching sessions? Coaching will be completely different to managing and he may be one of these guys who is a better coach than manager. He has been in the job less than a year, how many youth players came through under other managers in less than a year that were good enough? None for a very long time. He may well bring youth players through but he will be waiting until they are good enough. I doubt he will struggle to get another job as I'm sure he had been offered jobs previously, yes none of them major clubs as you say but the % managing major clubs is tiny

Hibbyradge
12-10-2019, 05:00 PM
How do you know he is an incompetent coach? Have you sat in on one of his coaching sessions? Coaching will be completely different to managing and he may be one of these guys who is a better coach than manager. He has been in the job less than a year, how many youth players came through under other managers in less than a year that were good enough? None for a very long time. He may well bring youth players through but he will be waiting until they are good enough. I doubt he will struggle to get another job as I'm sure he had been offered jobs previously, yes none of them major clubs as you say but the % managing major clubs is tiny

See the first three words in my post?

Allant1981
12-10-2019, 05:03 PM
See the first three words in my post?

So in your opinion what makes you think he is an incompetent coach

J-C
12-10-2019, 05:24 PM

He's not the only poster with the same opinion, the fact that we've really struggled since the start of the season, even against lower league teams in the Betfred.

Hibbyradge
12-10-2019, 05:25 PM

Our league position

1 league win since April

Negativity

Baffling substitutions

Reluctance to use our young players

Replacing a midfielder with a second striker against Rangers at Ibrox when we were reduced to 10 men

His signings

No high pressing and unfit looking players

Do you think he's competent? If so, what are your reasons?

Allant1981
12-10-2019, 05:35 PM
Our league position

1 league win since April

Negativity

Baffling substitutions

Reluctance to use our young players

Replacing a midfielder with a second striker against Rangers at Ibrox when we were reduced to 10 men

His signings

No high pressing and unfit looking players

Do you think he's competent? If so, what are your reasons?

I dont know if he is a competent coach or not, I've never seen one of his coaching sessions but have heard that he is a good coach, as I said earlier he is maybe one of these guys that should be a coach and not a manager. The things you have stated dont make him a bad coach do they? They make him a bad manager. The only player that looks unfit is horgan but that's not just something that's happened since he came in, he was like that under lennon as well

I do think his time has come to an end but wouldnt say that makes me think he is an arse

Allant1981
12-10-2019, 05:35 PM
He's not the only poster with the same opinion, the fact that we've really struggled since the start of the season, even against lower league teams in the Betfred.

Again, how does that make him a bad coach? It doesnt

Hibbyradge
12-10-2019, 05:40 PM

He's the head coach, not the manager.

J-C
12-10-2019, 05:41 PM

At this moment in time it doesn't look like he's a good coach, forget the caretaker job at Brnsley as they were another managers players but when he took over Barnsley he had a poor record 35.24% and 25% at Leeds. So far with us he's on 39.39% but that's with help from the end of last season's games, in total he's on 35.35% overall career wise, which isn't great.

Allant1981
12-10-2019, 05:46 PM
He's the head coach, not the manager.

Does it really matter what his title is? You have your mind made up about the guy and nothing will change it, hopefully if he is still here at the end of the season it means he is doing a decent job which is what we all want at the end of the day

Hibbyradge
12-10-2019, 05:52 PM
Does it really matter what his title is? You have your mind made up about the guy and nothing will change it, hopefully if he is still here at the end of the season it means he is doing a decent job which is what we all want at the end of the day

No, it doesn't matter what his title is. I didn't draw the distinction, you did.

IMO, he's incompetent whatever you want to call him.

The 90+2
12-10-2019, 05:53 PM

Of course it matters what his title is. He’s a coach and not a manager, as head coach he’s failed very badly.

Allant1981
12-10-2019, 06:07 PM
Of course it matters what his title is. He’s a coach and not a manager, as head coach he’s failed very badly.

Ok, so what has he failed at so far? Season is still ongoing(yes not great yet but still not that far behind 3rd place. A few wins and we move swiftly up the table), still in the cup so not failed at that either. I think his time is at an end now due to his relationship with some of the fans but so far he hasnt failed at anything

B.H.F.C
12-10-2019, 06:15 PM

Don’t think the job title matters. He’s the guy that looks after the first team and he’s crap at it, whatever he’s called.

The 90+2
12-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Ok, so what has he failed at so far? Season is still ongoing(yes not great yet but still not that far behind 3rd place. A few wins and we move swiftly up the table), still in the cup so not failed at that either. I think his time is at an end now due to his relationship with some of the fans but so far he hasnt failed at anything

Are you joking me? We’ve one once in the league this season, drew against the worst team in Scotland, got humiliated at Ibrox and Motherwell, lost to the worst hearts team at home statistically in my life. Not that far behind third? We’re miles begins. His signings have been under par as has the performances on the park.

Hasn’t failed at anything 😂😂😂😂

The 90+2
12-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Don’t think the job title matters. He’s the guy that looks after the first team and he’s crap at it, whatever he’s called.

There must be a reason he’s the HC and not the manager though. The rest I agree with.

B.H.F.C
12-10-2019, 06:23 PM
I think his time is at an end now due to his relationship with some of the fans

Think it’s more to do with results than that.

B.H.F.C
12-10-2019, 06:25 PM
There must be a reason he’s the HC and not the manager though. The rest I agree with.

Because that’s what we’ve chosen to call him.

I think folk get too hung up on the structure and all that stuff. The days of having a ‘manager’ who controls everything at the club top to bottom are long, long gone. Even at clubs where the manager is still called the manager.

SMAXXA
12-10-2019, 06:27 PM

I think folk get too hung up on the structure and all that stuff. The days of having a ‘manager’ who controls everything at the club top to bottom are long, long gone. Even at clubs where the manager is still called the manager.

Correct, it’s just a new term to refer to the gaffer, manager, HC whatever

The 90+2
12-10-2019, 06:29 PM

👍

Allant1981
12-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Are you joking me? We’ve one once in the league this season, drew against the worst team in Scotland, got humiliated at Ibrox and Motherwell, lost to the worst hearts team at home statistically in my life. Not that far behind third? We’re miles begins. His signings have been under par as has the performances on the park.

Hasn’t failed at anything 😂😂😂😂

Has the season ended already, are we out the cup already? 10 points is hardly miles, things change quickly, yip got a gubbing at ibrox, it's happened before and will probably happen again. Plenty of rubbish hearts teams have beaten us in the past.

Allant1981
12-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Think it’s more to do with results than that.

Yip results havent been great but hopefully the last 3 games have shown we can be a hard team to beat and we kick on from here

blackpoolhibs
13-10-2019, 11:27 AM
I dont know if he is a competent coach or not, I've never seen one of his coaching sessions but have heard that he is a good coach, as I said earlier he is maybe one of these guys that should be a coach and not a manager. The things you have stated dont make him a bad coach do they? They make him a bad manager. The only player that looks unfit is horgan but that's not just something that's happened since he came in, he was like that under lennon as well

I do think his time has come to an end but wouldnt say that makes me think he is an arse

I have no idea about his coaching skills, i suspect they might be good, as he certainly talks a good game.

I think as a manager he's clearly not good, and instead of me saying why, just read Radges post again.

WeeRussell
15-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Has the season ended already, are we out the cup already? 10 points is hardly miles, things change quickly, yip got a gubbing at ibrox, it's happened before and will probably happen again. Plenty of rubbish hearts teams have beaten us in the past.

Nope but if we continue in the same way, there is a live danger of us being in serious trouble when the season does end.

You can't seriously be watching us this season and tell us things are going alright?

Allant1981
15-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Nope but if we continue in the same way, there is a live danger of us being in serious trouble when the season does end.

You can't seriously be watching us this season and tell us things are going alright?

Of course things arent going alright, we are at the wrong end of the table, but we are in the fortunate position that there is plenty time left and we arent a million miles behind as others are suggesting, we are able to compete with almost every team in the league as the last 3 games have shown so I'm hopeful things can get better and we progress up the table