matty_f
08-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Episode 14: Susan Boyle's Big Spoon
✅Aberdeen review
✅Doidge's Mrs
✅Ask Matty Anything
And more!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0C7T6Sub5lapc1oJkzB0K4?si=wYDdElTQTKC6WX1gETxWww

Pedantic_Hibee
08-10-2019, 09:55 AM
Probably the most downbeat I’ve ever been. That’s what a two day hangover does to a man.

Hibbyradge
08-10-2019, 10:06 AM
Probably the most downbeat I’ve ever been. That’s what a two day hangover does to a man.

Hangover? Are you saying that you stopped drinking before recording?

Schoolboy error. :bitchy:

matty_f
08-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Hangover? Are you saying that you stopped drinking before recording?

Schoolboy error. :bitchy:

That was only the first mistake of the evening :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
08-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Definitely Susan Boyle btw.

matty_f
08-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Definitely Susan Boyle btw.

:agree: I don't think there's any doubt about that. Just for the cuddles and the breakfast.

The 90+2
08-10-2019, 04:42 PM
:agree: I don't think there's any doubt about that. Just for the cuddles and the breakfast.

I dreamed a dream...or maybe no 😁

Mattys been dry for a while though so the dreams at least hasnt been wet for him.

The gorilla is a no-no for me too! I can’t stand Phil Collins and as I was getting explored by the gorilla I would have in my head the song from the Cadbury’s advert 😉

bingo70
08-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Enjoyed that one Matty.....

Think the other boy that was on was good as well, does he post on here?

When he said at the start he was quite positive I was all ready to write him off as a slaver but thought he made his points well and he had me wavering......as it happens once I thought about it a bit more I went back to my original judgement that Heckingbottom should go but he certainly gave me food for thought.

I’m in complete disagreement about your choice of soup though, I was a bit unsettled at that point.

matty_f
08-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Enjoyed that one Matty.....

Think the other boy that was on was good as well, does he post on here?

When he said at the start he was quite positive I was all ready to write him off as a slaver but thought he made his points well and he had me wavering......as it happens once I thought about it a bit more I went back to my original judgement that Heckingbottom should go but he certainly gave me food for thought.

I’m in complete disagreement about your choice of soup though, I was a bit unsettled at that point.

He doesn't post on here but if you're on Twitter he's @kernelkhaos

The things I thought would unsettle people, in no particular order, were:
Soup
Susan Boyle
Peppa Pig.

We're likely to have John back for more episodes.

We also have a very special episode lined up for Thursday.

bingo70
08-10-2019, 07:08 PM

Soup
Susan Boyle
Peppa Pig.

Yeah, looking forward to it.

Rents is a good mate of mine and enjoy hearing about all the work he’s doing with the group. Great topic to be covering.

Is it being recorded on Thursday or released on Thursday? (Or both?)

Danderhall Hibs
08-10-2019, 07:30 PM

Soup
Susan Boyle
Peppa Pig.

Imagine picking a tin of soup - surely had to be the homemade route you went down?

bingo70
08-10-2019, 07:32 PM
Imagine picking a tin of soup - surely had to be the homemade route you went down?

What a snob, nothing wrong with a tin of soup.

matty_f
08-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Yeah, looking forward to it.

Rents is a good mate of mine and enjoy hearing about all the work he’s doing with the group. Great topic to be covering.

Is it being recorded on Thursday or released on Thursday? (Or both?)
Both, hopefully. Usually record around 8/9pm and then send it off to get the sound tweaked and publish it as soon as it's back.

It's a really important topic, we're delighted that Neil (or Rents) has helped us to make it happen.

I really hope we do it justice.

matty_f
08-10-2019, 08:14 PM

You've not tasted my homemade soup. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
08-10-2019, 08:28 PM
What a snob, nothing wrong with a tin of soup.

Can’t help it mate, it just comes naturally to me.

DaveF
08-10-2019, 09:04 PM
Great chat again guys. The 3 of you produce a good blend of opinion and no shortage of laughs.

I really hope you get some Dear Deirdre stuff to work with. That would be very funny 😀

matty_f
08-10-2019, 10:56 PM
Great chat again guys. The 3 of you produce a good blend of opinion and no shortage of laughs.

I really hope you get some Dear Deirdre stuff to work with. That would be very funny 😀

If nothing comes in I'm giving serious consideration to just stealing actual problems that folk have sent in to genuine agony aunts.

There's so much potential with that.

BILLYHIBS
09-10-2019, 06:05 AM
Brilliant!

Food for thought :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
09-10-2019, 11:20 AM
Pwee lentil soup. Dear oh dear 😁

Chuck Rhoades
09-10-2019, 03:02 PM
First time listening. Great listen, balanced views and plenty banter (some shocking jokes though - still can’t find Doidge’s misses (Mrs) 😂). Will tune in again👍🏻

matty_f
09-10-2019, 04:13 PM
Pwee lentil soup. Dear oh dear 😁

There's a video of the actual offending bowl of soup on the @longbangers twitter - it looks disgusting.

matty_f
09-10-2019, 04:13 PM
First time listening. Great listen, balanced views and plenty banter (some shocking jokes though - still can’t find Doidge’s misses (Mrs) 😂). Will tune in again👍🏻

Cheers Ross, the sound is usually a lot better, by the way.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Cheers Ross, the sound is usually a lot better, by the way.

I’m usually a lot better.

Danderhall Hibs
09-10-2019, 04:25 PM

We’ll be the judge of that.

hongkonghibee
09-10-2019, 04:46 PM
Episode 14: Susan Boyle's Big Spoon
✅Aberdeen review
✅Doidge's Mrs
✅Ask Matty Anything
And more!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0C7T6Sub5lapc1oJkzB0K4?si=wYDdElTQTKC6WX1gETxWww

do you have any other links for this episode , like youtube? as i cant open either of these links. i love listening to longbangers .
cheers

matty_f
09-10-2019, 05:05 PM
do you have any other links for this episode , like youtube? as i cant open either of these links. i love listening to longbangers .
cheers

Try this one (it's not on YouTube yet until I get round to either paying for the subscription to do it or making up a video to go with the audio :greengrin)

https://anchor.fm/longbangers/episodes/Longbangers-Episode-14--Susan-Boyles-Big-Spoon-e6dkn9

Chuck Rhoades
09-10-2019, 05:18 PM

You’re just a miserable ********. Your words, not mine😁!

JimBHibees
10-10-2019, 06:44 AM
If nothing comes in I'm giving serious consideration to just stealing actual problems that folk have sent in to genuine agony aunts.

There's so much potential with that.

Is that like? My friend's got this problem. :greengrin

matty_f
10-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Is that like? My friend's got this problem. :greengrin

How do you mean? (Sorry, maybe having a whoosh moment here...)

The 90+2
10-10-2019, 02:26 PM
When’s the one of show Matty?

Danderhall Hibs
10-10-2019, 02:47 PM
How do you mean? (Sorry, maybe having a whoosh moment here...)

It’s definitely a whoosh moment. Think about that time you told me your “mate” had a really small cock?

matty_f
10-10-2019, 04:20 PM

We're recording it tonight. Depending on how it goes, it might be the start of a series rather than a one-off.

If we get good feedback on it and people happy to come on and talk about the subject of mental health, we'll likely run it alongside the Hibs-specific episodes.

The other big factor is whether or not I can manage to do the subject justice, I'm hoping we can have a discussion about serious subjects while having the kind of fun we have on the other one, I really want to show that these issues don't have to stop people being able to laugh and have fun.

matty_f
10-10-2019, 04:20 PM
It’s definitely a whoosh moment. Think about that time you told me your “mate” had a really small cock?

:faf: "asking for a friend"

matty_f
10-10-2019, 09:09 PM

Just putting the finishing touches to it. Should be published very soon.

The 90+2
11-10-2019, 08:03 AM
Thanks mate I see the other thread. Can’t wait to listen.