PDA

View Full Version : Reason i support hibs.Rip grandad.

Babyshamble
07-10-2019, 11:21 PM
My grandad was the first in our family to support hibs.he sadly passed away this afternoon.Heartbroken.
In the heavens he'll be singing.
RIP grandad xx

Halmyre Hibee
07-10-2019, 11:42 PM
Sorry for your loss.

I hope you find comfort in the fact he lived to see us win the Scottish Cup and I'm sure you have many happy memories together suporting the Hibs.

Greentinted
08-10-2019, 12:05 AM
Not so good. He leaves a fine legacy though.
Sorry to hear of your loss. May he rest easy.

s2hart
08-10-2019, 02:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss, my grandad got me following hibs in the beginning (even though I was young and a bit of a glory grabber followed the lesser greens for a short time before seeing the light again, the reason I'm constantly reminded that I will never get in to Hibby heaven) one of my proudest moments was watching us lift the Skol cup with him, he passed away 25 years ago so didn't get to see the holy grail but not a day goes past he's far from my thoughts, I miss those night time chats about his days following Hibs,skipping school to go and watch reserve games too! GGTTH one and all.

The 90+2
08-10-2019, 07:26 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss mate.

BILLYHIBS
08-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Sorry for your loss mate

Another Hibee gone but not forgotten

RIP

matty_f
08-10-2019, 08:10 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

franks
08-10-2019, 08:19 AM
My condolences, I'm sure you have fond memories of attending ER together and when you attend ER in future or we win a trophy you will look back on some on those special times.

zitelli62
08-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Next time we win a trophy the first person you will think of is your grandad I know I thought of my dad and brother when the ref blew the final whistle at the cup final I know your sad at the moment but try and think of the great times you spent with your grandad hopefully it will help you get through this sad time.

GGTTH

brog
08-10-2019, 09:56 AM
My grandad was the first in our family to support hibs.he sadly passed away this afternoon.Heartbroken.
RIP grandad xx

Many condolences, your memories live on!

Power
08-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your inspirational loss - echo Greentinted sentiments about the lasting legacy left.

Sending strength.

FilipinoHibs
08-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Sorry to hear that. I hope one day one of my grandchildren will post about me. Still waiting on one.

Bristolhibby
08-10-2019, 10:31 AM
My Condolences.

My Dad was at my boys first Hibs games. It’s the strong feeling of belonging of being a family that I find at Hibs games. There’s something enormously comforting that once we are all gone Hibs will carry on. We are just the present day custodians, passing it on to the next generation.

J

lyonhibs
08-10-2019, 11:24 AM
Never am I more glad and thankful for 21.05.2016 than when I read one of these threads.

scuttle
08-10-2019, 12:22 PM
Sorry for your loss mate.

CMurdoch
08-10-2019, 02:45 PM
RIP grandad xx

Best wishes to you Libertine at this tough time.
Grandfathers are a great thing.

My dad wasn't interested in football and his dad stepped into the breach taking me to random matches all over Scotland. I loved every minute.
More than 25 years since his passing I still miss him badly but my memories are wonderful and I am ever grateful for the great times we spent watching and talking about football during my childhood even if he did take me to Tynecastle more than Easter Road!

KSA Hibee
08-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Sorry for your loss mate .. can relate to your loss albeit my Papa passed away many years ago.

Papa never saw us win the SC ... but I have a pic of us together when I was a youngster that has been lovingly taken to many a final when we were unsuccessful.

With my grown up son and daughter flanking me on that magical May day the picture of my grandad was held aloft to see the cup finally being hoisted. It certainly added to the emotions of day.

I now have a treasured picture of that same photograph of us resting proudly against the Scottish Cup.

Keep yer chin up pal and remember the good times you had with him.

GGTTH

logan.no1
08-10-2019, 05:56 PM
sorry for your loss mate

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
08-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Sorry for your loss. He gave you a pretty special gift and he'll always be with you when Hibs are playing.

RIP

jax67
09-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Never am I more glad and thankful for 21.05.2016 than when I read one of these threads.

Me too, my old fella passed away only a few days after.
Wasn’t well enough to attend, watched it on telly with me and my brothers.
Great day!! GGTTH!!

jax67
09-10-2019, 11:25 AM
RIP grandad xx

Sorry for your loss mate.

Hibernia&Alba
09-10-2019, 05:55 PM
A terrible experience, mate, and I'm sorry to hear it. My grandad was also a Hibs fanatic who died back in 1993. He took me and my brother to our first Hibs game, along with my dad, in 1986, when I was just a wee boy. He insisted in paying us all in as the next generation became part of the club. I have a photograph of the four of us standing outside what is now the FF. I still miss him, as you will yours.

Keep your grandad's tradition alive :flag:

One Day
09-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Sorry for your loss,

Grandparents, Parents, Uncles were the reason I went to Easter Road, now I go with my Sons and Grandchildren. (Brothers and Nephews too). The natural cycle. long may it continue.

Smartie
09-10-2019, 08:30 PM
Sorry for your loss.

I'm the first to follow Hibs in my family. Got my younger brothers involved, I now have a nephew who is Hibs daft. He's only 9, but there was still something really special about watching us win the cup with him and my brother, even if he was only wee and a bit bewildered.

When I picked my team as a kid I didn't really give it a second thought, but can think of few things better than a grandchild expressing heartfelt thanks for passing my love of Hibs on to them upon my passing.

Good for you, I'm sure your grandad would be touched by the gesture.

The 90+2
09-10-2019, 10:51 PM
A terrible experience, mate, and I'm sorry to hear it. My grandad was also a Hibs fanatic who died back in 1993. He took me and my brother to our first Hibs game, along with my dad, in 1986, when I was just a wee boy. He insisted in paying us all in as the next generation became part of the club. I have a photograph of the four of us standing outside what is now the FF. I still miss him, as you will yours.

Keep your grandad's tradition alive :flag:

Class post 👍